Most popular isekai

>most popular isekai
>filtered out westerners entirely
What went so right?

Attached: 1560347502699.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

Westerners have better taste. Who knew?

I'm not seeing it considering what the West actually consumes daily.

If they consume less slime than the nips then that proves it right there.

Slime is based. It's about building your own country, being proud about creating something, and protecting it. So ironic weebs don't like it. Same reason why daughter simulator Maou-sama never got much popularity here.

isekai is too cookie-cutter for westerners

In other words, Slime isekai is a boring sandbox routine aka watching a retard play Minecraft.

>multicultural
>LGBT friendly
>hi tech magitek future shit
>proud nationalism
Yes, good.
That's not what cookiecutter mean. Literal no western fiction is same as slime loli based god. west is dead and old.

>muh minecraft

But MArvel, Dc and any other superhero garbage isn't?

isekai is too similar to other isekai

in isekai threads, that's one of the most common reasons for avoidance is that someone already watched one, and then thinks why watch this other when i already watched something that shared 90+% traits

No. Cope.

>poor man's Overlord

marvel had the ingenuity to make all their movies take place in the same continuity, suddenly it's not a ripoff, it's a sequel

hopefully capeshit dies off

In what universe was Slime Isekai not popular overseas?

DC's downs are higher than whatever you think are Slime's highs.

Then tell me why.

I am sorry, but the only downs I see here are yours.

Cope. You'd better get used to people not liking your favourite shitty anime, newfag.

You better say how people managed to get past 3 episodes of that?

>alphabet retardation unironically
Fuck off.

No.

Doesn’t Turds of Prey need to make at least $60 million more just to break even? At least Slime is profitable.

>alphabet people
Based Dave Chappelle stan.

Your mother regrets not aborting you, trash

>At least Slime is profitable.
Can all of you findomfags fuck off to ?

Seethe, tranny

You brought up money first, you stupid cunt.

Where?

>one of the most popular series from 2018/2019 on MAL, reddit, etc.
>people at my college literally shilling it left and right
>"filtered out westerners entirely"
sounds more like you're just trying to defend yourself for liking bottom-of-the-barrel shit by making up shit

Attached: 153109590395.jpg (346x346, 56K)

Isekai has a higher cost of entry than most other genres because it requires you to be at least well versed in certain fantasy tropes plus anime/manga culture. As such it doesn't fare well outside its niche audience, unlike your typical action shonen.

It's incorrect it filtered out Westerners *entirely* though.

You're a bunch of retards, aren't you?

AAAAAAARGH I WANT TO EMPTY MY BALLS INSIDE MILIM I DON'T EVEN MIND IF MY CHILDREN WOULD BE 3/4 HUMAN I WANNA BREED HER LIKE WE HAD TO REPOPULATE EARTH

This show got popular after episode 15, before that not a single soul gave two shits about it, it was a great time full of comfy threads, but I think OP mean compared to other series, In Japan Slime is #1 but in the west you have Overlord, Tanya, Konosuba, ReZero, and many more, Slime is not even top 10 here.

Are Overlord and Re:Zero fun for someone who enjoyed TenSura?

But it was super popular with the normies, I hate slime btw.

>I think OP mean compared to other series
You think he meant something completely different from what he said.

Overlord is actually the poor man's Tensei Slime.

Attached: 74180249_p3.jpg (2048x2048, 1.15M)

What should I expect from Overlord? Dungeon Keeper the Anime?

that "#1 in Japan" shit means nothing. that sales figure from 2018-2019 is 100% due to the anime airing. every series you named except Tanya sold more than Slime the years their adaptations aired.

Not at all.
Dungeon Keeper might be something like Lazy Dungeon Master (but it's failing at that). Overlord is a bit like Eminence in the Shadow, except Momon knows that he's in charge of the evil organization, he just has no idea what that evil organization is doing, + episodes of DQ-style fantasy stuff.

If you're going to watch the anime, the first season is edgy but fun, season 2 is boring and plagued by bad animation and cgi, but saved in the last few episodes, and season 3 has such bad cgi it isn't worth watching at all.

In Dungeon Keeper you play as the villain, due to the name I thought Overlord had a villainous protag. Your description looks fun, I'm going to give it a try.
I'll probably start with the manga (if any).

The manga is much better, like always. You can at least speed read through the boring bits. And the art is good.

Right. Thank you and !

Lonely man longing for the past kills thousands because he can't stop roleplaying that he's an evil overlord.

Attached: _clementine_and_khajiit_dale_badantel_overlord_drawn_by_so_bin_56435bdb6f44bd2c52a3cba994fea1a4.jpg (1150x1600, 238K)

>In Dungeon Keeper you play as the villain,
I know. DK2 is one of my all-time favorites. OL is nothing like it.

Overlord is better in every possible way over this hot trash.

The manga is fine, but the source material is the best, I recommend the novel over the manga and the anime.

>The manga is much better, like always
opinion discarded

A few exceptions to the rule where an anime adaptation is better than the manga doesn't make that statement not true.

Just like lots of people are very hesitant to start reading manga, there is a big barrier of entry for LNs. Once that is crossed, people don't need to be told anymore to try out the source material. And before it's crossed, it's pointless to even attempt convincing them.

Overlord made me cross that boundary, I think it's also shallow place to cross that river.
I myself first read the manga, then the novels, then watched the anime.
It's why I brought the novels up.

Slime LN is better than overlord by miles. Ainz is a selfish cunt but at least Rimuru tries to do something with his power

Have fun with it. Overlord is a blast. It was one of those anime that I just simply couldn't get enough of when it was airing. Even if I knew it was incredibly rushed and the production quality wasn't very good, I loved every second of it. I picked up the LN since then I haven't looked back. It's a great series. I can't speak for the manga, because I haven't read it, but it's probably an upgrade over the anime going by what some anons have been saying.

>every series you named except Tanya sold more than Slime the years their adaptations aired.
You are delusional. While it's true that the Japanese anime sales and LN sales for Slime are merely "high-tier" (5k-7k for anime, ~120k for LN, which before the anime was just ~75k) and quite some ways away from truly "top-tier", what matters for Slime is the manga adaptations, because that adaptation is like on a whole other dimension compared to any other - not just isekai LN - but rather ANY LN to have ever existed. 400k-600k per volume (around 300k-400k even before the anime) is a level that any manga adaptation of a LN cannot even dream of achieving, because even the pre-anime numbers are already unheard of for manga adaptions of LNs, but the current manga sales numbers are already like upper-level Weekly Shounen Jump sales numbers. And THAT is what makes Slime so big in Japan.
Just for comparison, Overlord's manga gets like 70k-120k manga sales per volume at its best.

Attached: slime is shit, kys OP.jpg (600x600, 18K)

From what I've seen Westerners typically eat this shit up, as they haven't gotten tired of the formula these series follow yet.

That doesn't make the Slime novel better.
It just means Ainz is less likable then Rimuru who's mr Jesus.
Ainz is still more interesting to read about.

Walking corpse of a man gets high on nostalgia while pretending he's got everything figured out in front of his loved ones. Basically the most relatable MC there is.
Oh, also there is some murder, genocide and crimes against humanity.

demon girl was so hot

Attached: befcf9fbc9ebc4cf2548d622d6cc82bd.jpg (1920x1444, 975K)

>It just means Ainz is less likable then Rimuru who's mr Jesus.
>t. trust me, I've read all 10 chapters of the Slime LNs!

Shion is hotter. A shame the screen outcrops her head in this pic.

Overlord is quite literally the complete opposite of Slime. They only share the "MC is OP and worshipped by his minions" schtick. The focus, tone and writing style are completely different.

I just like Overlord better because Ainz has more going on as a character.
I've read Slime to where the official English LNs are translated.
Does Rimuru get edgy again?
The DL transformation arc had my dick hard all the way, but then it was meh with the civil war.

It's alright, the important parts are there.

There is a FanTL for vol. 8 and 9. While vol. 8 is mostly about Tempest building itself up and some set-up for vol. 9, vol. 9 is a "politics" volume like some parts of vol. 4. But it ends on pic related.

Attached: YouHaveToGoBack.jpg (1200x1363, 311K)

I coulden't finish the fantl of 8 which is when I stopped reading. I'll probably wait on official.

May 19th, so it's still a ways off.

Re:Zero is quite different from slime, they pretty much only share the isekai genre.
Overlord on the other hand is as mentioned, they only share the "MC is op" and "minions love him" thing.

If it flopped doesn't that mean its not what westerners like? geez the intelligence of this board.

Im a fan of monster girls.
But if you put a horn or a tail on a girl and it a day, or if you make a loli in skimpy clothes and say "LOOK GUISE ITS A DEMON". Then your anime is automatically shit to me.

She's a dragonoid not a demon and they haven't shown her true form outside of the ln yet

Attached: Millim_nava.jpg (1454x2048, 344K)

Sue-lime

Brainlet

Attached: PrimordialNoir.png (787x1194, 439K)

slime is just another power trip fantasy but this time you can self-insert as an androgynous maybe-loli.

>you favorite fictional work is just another fictional work, but this time [insert gimmick here]
Anyone can make such blanket statements about anything, user.

>just another power trip fantasy
It's almost as if fiction is made to escape reality. Weird how that works. Maybe you should be reading some history text books instead.

I give it points for actually being complete instead of being an infinite story that loses steam.

Instead it's a complete story that loses steam with each power up the MC gets, so basically every volume.
>Slimefaggots
Neck yourselves.

>This show got popular after episode 15
That just the 2-cour effect because people just want something, anything to watch while in between seasons, same thing happening DitF.

Not who you are talking to but Franxx was way more popular during the first cour than it was second. Though it was reasonably popular at the very beginning of the second cour I admit. It really fell off towards the end.

>hates slime
>posts in slime threads
kys unironically

Oh yeah the second cour was shit but 1-12 was like a thread or two around release day but after that once the single cour seasonal shows were ending everyone want something else to watch and there was 20 threads everyday all week until gay space aids kicked in even then people still talked about it because it was so bad.

I read like the first 2 chapters of the manga when the anime was either just coming out or not even yet
>reincarnated as a slime, the weakest of all monsters!
>Opens status menu
>apparently tiny slimes can just devour entire dragons whole no problem
>eating monsters gives monster skills wow how unique and original
>goblins have no names(?) and by offering to give them one it's now a granted tittle that automatically levels up the individual to a higher tier of being
How anyone was able to slurp down this shit I have no idea, you isekai fags make me sick

Status menu is a common trope of the genre.
The dragon wasn't devoured but stored, his "essence" was intact. He later pops out again with a different body.
I agree Predator isn't exactly original, but it isn't a bad trope.
In-universe names have power. To be a named monster means you're a step above of non-named individuals, and the entity giving the monster a name grants him some power.

>How anyone was able to slurp down this shit I have no idea
Because unlike you most people aren't mentally challenged, and they can understand what's up with plot elements.

Not that user but
>calling someone mentally challenged when you enjoy isekai

Isekai has a lot of shit and you don't need to be a genius to realize that. Enjoying the shit or not is another can of worms, and has to do with personal tastes.

There's another thing too. The genre might have a lot of crap, but it's mostly because it's a new genre, not something intrinsic.

If it has MMO mechanics, it's shit. There might be some exception to this but I haven't seen it yet.

>What went so right?
Westerners have shit taste. Who knew?

BASED

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken It is considered a masterpiece. Who knew??????????

Anonymous The Homosexual Faggotron It is considered a gay. Who knew??????????

>wauw I can't believe I got the skill that gets all the skills skill

MC is a gary stu worse than kirito, shit show is shit.

nice pseudointellectual bullshit there to justify your defense of isekai trash

>watch the first couple episodes
>it's another "I'm a random loser who was reincarnated and got broken abilities from the get-go, now watch me effortlessly beat any and all opposition while my friends all mindlessly clap for me like seals and let me plow them" series
Yellows can keep it for all I care.

Attached: 1552697076594.jpg (431x450, 68K)

I honestly don't see how this shit entertained anyone, I watched all of it because autism but jesus christ

Quite possibly the most generic criticism ever. Bet you're a prolific rotten tomatoer

A generic show deserves a generic criticism nigger

Nice self-roast, going to cap you on this

DESUTROYED

Attached: desuyooo.png (606x810, 322K)

I'm not going to deny this but it's too good damn it. You have to accept it !!!!!!!!!

Hakase no baka

I want to impregnate Milim.