Shit writing

>wow I can't wait to see the strange and mysterious source of Titan powers
>she just accidentally fell in a thing and touched a thing that was just laying there for some reason and that's how it happened, no further explanation.

Amazing, if you think this is even close to OK writing you are a retard. I know autismos will reply about how ancient myths have characters running into magic objects whose source is not explained. But it isn't even close to the same, and ancient myths aren't celebrated for being well written, they're celebrated for being ancient, most are full of stupid shit because they had no standards back then.

And honestly speaking, they were still better then this. They had their own tone and mysterious world where things like that make sense. Isayama is just a hack. Almost anything would have been a better origin then this.

Attached: image.jpg (586x276, 36K)

>ancient myths aren't celebrated for being well written
EOLs will ever experience the beauty of reading ancient myths in the labguage of their composition. You dont even notice how many puns are the bible eg.

why does it matter what the source of titan powers is?

t. mad that it wasn't aliens or some random blob of organic matter

You sound like you wouldn’t be satisfied with any explanation. Ultimately it doesn’t matter, and uncovering ancient history isn’t even close to the focal point of the story. A crazy alien origin story wouldn’t fit the tone of AoT and the existence of an actual devil would go against would clash with the idea that “Anyone can become a god or devil as long as enough people believe it”.

Based. And you have been proven right that Isayama is yet another hack writer who found himself lucky in the early days where the series' baited its readers with, albeit predictable, mysteries..

Attached: 1582338822478.jpg (782x1194, 394K)

It's trash, so much so that I dropped the manga as soon as it was shat out. Part of the novelty of the series was the attempt of the author to not rely too heavily on "lol its magic", see the replaceable blades, the gas tanks for mobility, the light weight of the titans to address the cube square law; it was by no means perfect and to be honest barely passable, but I respected the attempt. That however was just in passing, every new twist became more retarded than than the last one, characters were sacrificed just for suffering sake instead of to actually add to the story, etc. The fact that anons and plebs eat that shit up is the reason why it's allowed, don't blame the author, at the end of the day it's you faggots and your abysmal shit taste what kills any form of decent writing (in all mediums).

Because it was shown in the manga
It basically was some random blob of organic matter
It's hard to think of something that wouldn't be better then this. She literally just happens to accidentally walk into this thing that's just sitting there.

Give us one explanation you were willing to accept you colossal faggot. It literally didn't matter and the fact that it was something humanity simply stumbled upon was thematically consistent with the rest of the story

>humanity
That would have been better then a little girl randomly stepping on it while being chased. A group of people discover it while charting unexplored land but don't touch it, and Ymir somehow makes contact with it, maybe by accident or they were using her to test it.

What difference does that make and why is it better? That's the exact same explanation just with extra steps. Movies do that because it happens at the start typically to build suspense, but we were over 100 chapters into this, there was no need for that at all

That's literally the same thing, but done worse

I hate that manga and the fanbase is one of the most cancerous groups of people i've ever encountered, but that's actually, unironically great writing.
Legends and myths are always made up when people can't explain something they see. Like a rainbow is just a normal weather phenomenon and not the bridge to Valhalla.
So it fits that the people in the manga came up with some devil pact or ancient power or something, when in reality it was some kind of symbiotic thing.
It's really neat.

>I hate that manga and the fanbase
Why do you hate the Manga? I mean, you are right about the fanbase, that is literally a big living tumor, but the Manga itself is good, probably FMA tier and slightly worse than HxH (which is considered the best Shonen ever)

HxH had mountains of shit for every hill of good writing. You're also comparing a battle shonen to a seinen which is odd

>You're also comparing a battle shonen to a seinen
Seinen? Snk is a Shonen, more violent and creepy than a regular Shonen, but still a shonen

>You're also comparing a battle shonen to a seinen which is odd
but both are shonen

>just accidentally fell in a thing and touched a thing that was just laying there for some reason and that's how it happened, no further explanation
Basically the same as a majority of capeshit

That sounds extra complicated, and doesn't explain the relationship with the King. And no, the King isn't going to go himself to explore uncharted land, the flashback looks old enough for basically everything being uncharted land.

Brainlets, can't even grasp how writing works.

That'a doesn't make sense, there's no way the land surrounding where they were was so unexplored that such a huge landmark wasn't seen. Unless they somehow chased Ymir miles away from the civilization they were at when she was found guilty.

>girl randomly steps on something that's there for no reason and that's the basis of the whole series is good writing
Imagine being this deluded

Random shit happens all the time, retard. Things don't need to happen because of reasons, they can happen randomly.
Like you steeping on shit because you zone out, you have no reason to step on it but you did.
In fact this is much better explanation than say Naruto's origin of chakra where introducing a third party entity does nothing but worsen the overall story if badly executed.

The problem is not the plot itself but the rushed pacing of the reveal which was done in the middle of a climax that required Ymir to be and act a certain way in order to progress the story. I mean it was all in 1 chapter, one would think you could spare at least 2 for the MAIN BACKSTORY if the character in it is supposed to be important for the present, right?

Attached: EITR.png (1373x592, 50K)

Attached: EITR_01.png (1375x197, 17K)

>is also produced by Jörmungandr

Amazing, ancient poetry had a better explanation then Isayama.