Cardcaptor Sakura

Sakura is really, really cute.
How relevant is her series though? I don't think it has aged that well despite the nice animation and the pureness of a small girl in love.

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Cardcaptor_Sakura_27_(960x720_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[9CA8E233]_0001_00:06:18_[2020_01_10_00].jpg (960x720, 153K)

I'd say it aged well although it's clearly a product of its time. The original is still quite enjoyable. Clear Card tried to recreate the magic but it failed.

>Clear Card tried to recreate the magic but it failed.
Well that's a shame. Surely it's because Sakura is growing up

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Cardcaptor_Sakura_Movie_II_(1280x720_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[8E42A36A]_0001_01:30:25_[2020_03_01_ (1280x720, 202K)

It's one of the most well known magical girl series. Clear Card isn't as good but it's still somewhat cool. Didn't really transfer to the anime though.

Attached: CCS_CC.png (2834x2000, 2.59M)

Not at all. The designs were incredibly cute. I attribute it to pacing and inability to make interesting filler. CCS has tons of filler but most of it is funny, wholesome or interesting enough to still engage an audience. Clear Card's filler was pretty dull.

We literally got CCS: Fate edition for at least 5 years. It's very relevant.

Attached: 1568946874194.jpg (1345x1694, 237K)

That Nasu cancer destroyed what was left of innocence in Mahou Shoujo. Thanks to that we have twisted shit like Spec Ops Asuka.

You arent very bright if you think a self referential franchise work is what did it and not Nanoha or Madoka.

Not that many people like CC huh. A little disappointing to be desu.

beautiful

There aren't very many people reading the manga and the anime wasn't very good.

fate is not what killed mahou shoujo lmao. mahou shoujo isn't even dead. just look at precure and symphogear bruh

Post more Sakura

Attached: 1400110385199.jpg (500x707, 386K)

Somehow this is Fate's fault?

Nanoha is actually cute. Sakura is not cute at all.

To be fair, CCS is an anomaly. You rarely get high budget multiple cour shows.

get a new pair of eyes you dumb faggot

What is it like to have shit taste, user?

Attached: sakura.jpg (519x600, 84K)

Shut up Toya, go back to supplying Yuki with your "mana"

And then there's this supreme faggot.

Attached: 1450914623391.jpg (640x480, 38K)

Jealous

Since we have a few faggots in presence (including OP of course), which is the best Sakura outfit and why is it the first OP one?

Attached: 6088aae2ecbd260ae651596daf336486.jpg (2437x3426, 2.1M)

Nanoha reminds me a lot of Sakura, actually. To the point I fantasized a long time ago with Nanoha being Sakura's daughter.

What do you mean by "relevant"?

>which is the best Sakura outfit
Pic related. ...But first OP outfit is definitely top-tier.

Attached: img0.png (2893x4092, 2.81M)

It's entertaining and the visuals carry it despite whatever flaws it has. It's a really damn pretty show.

Sakura is a lot cuter than Nanoha and I love both of them.

actually, Precure is choking out the mahou shoujo market because there's no money to be had competing with it in the youth demographic
it's much easier to target an older demographic and make it edgier to suit
bit of a shame, since I love Precure, but there'd probably be more youth oriented mahou shoujo series without it running all year every year for the last 15+ years

Something like Sailor Moon had the occasional edgy factor going on for it and an actual narrative pushing each season so people remember it more.
CCS was pure cute girls doing cute things in episode of the week style Mahou Shoujo, and most kids just zapped somewhere else.

I doubt the "lack" of other magical girl shows is anything to do with Precure, at least beyond the obvious, "that's all Toei is doing".
TT and Banrise are competing for much the same market with arcade game idols. Back in the 80s little girls used magic to become idols, now they don't, so they're not mahou shoujo any more.
Also Sanrio's business model is cute critter chara merch, so Jewelpet and Fairilu (and probably Mewkeldreamy) mostly stray from the "girl transforming" formula while being similar sorts of shows. And I guess Cocotama followed suit.

CCS will always be #1 on Mexico.