Do you do other things while you watch anime or do you try to remain totally focused on what you're watching...

Do you do other things while you watch anime or do you try to remain totally focused on what you're watching, or does it depend on the show? Do you have a routine like a certain time you watch anime or certain food you like to eat?

Attached: 1582730278742.png (700x960, 934K)

i have a simpe thing to say

focus or be a speedwatcher at heart.

i focus.
i want to know what is up.

I couldn't imagine not focusing entirely on what I'm watching

If I'm enjoying it- I'll focus. If it's boring and I'm just trying to clear my backlog- I'll multitask.

If you're not focusing you're not actually watching it, you're using it as background noise and would be better off listening to music or something.

Some shows are good but also aren't interesting enough for me to pay 100% attention to, usually in that case I will have Yea Forums open on my other monitor and just glance over if new posts are made or something so I still keep like 80-90% of my attention on the show, also sometimes I will just accidentally zone out and have to rewatch a minute or two.

I masturbate

in my experience if it's so boring I can't sit through it without wanting to do something else there's literally no reason to watch it. why would I pretend to be invested in something if it's not interesting? how can it be good if it can't even hold my attention? if I end up not watching it at all, how different is that from having it play in the background while I focus on literally anything else?

If you arent totally focused because it cant hold your attention its a sign that you should drop it.

literally get off this board and go on /w/ or Yea Forums if you just pretend to watch anime while doing other shit.
I watch ugly anime that aren't worth the screenshots while I eat.

There are differing levels of something keeping your attention. I think it's stupid if people literally watch anime for background noise too but I wouldn't nag on someone if they check their phone for 30 seconds once or twice while they watch either.

I usually watch an episode while eating dinner, does that count?

I can pause it and do it way too often, but watching it while doing something else sounds crazy.

>saving screenshots instead of the episode
Fuck off, newfag

Depends on the anime. Something with a complex plot or a lot of action requires me to pay attention. Some shows (Hidamari Sketch for example) work better as 'background noise'.

Ah, I enjoy posting the episode on Yea Forums too.

>not saving both screenshots and episodes

Attached: soulstare0003.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

>720p
>compressed to the point where the entire picture pixelated
Yikes

That's why people save the episode instead of autistically taking a screenshot every second

I don't watch a lot of anime, but if I do, I focus. No skipping whatsoever. If I put off watching a series, then I start over if I can't recall the plot. It's a "I don't want to, but I have to" situation, which is why I don't watch a lot of anime.

anime can get confusing and wierd, take Bakemonogatari for example if you don’t pay attention to the dialogue for a split second the show can get out of context real quick so it’s better focus on what you’re watching

>yikes

Attached: baka0028.jpg (1920x1080, 303K)

I eat while I watch that's it.
It's too hard to read subtitles and do other shit. When I watch anime I watch it.

I have been fluent in japanese since 2000-ish? so I don't need to read subtitles.
Everything currently airing is derivative rehash trash with phoned in boilerplate plots.
I watch just enough of the first couple of episodes to get an idea of what cheap mockery it's ripping off, then I delete it and do something else.

Occasionally I'll watch an 80's or 90's anime and enjoy it, but right now it's just something I watch out of habit.

oh it's another slice-of-life.
oh it's another battle shonen with powerups, training arcs, and increasingly over-the-top bad guys.
oh it's another yuri anime where absolutely nothing happens (but in a very dramatic way) until the very end.
oh it's another isekai
oh it's another romcom with a tsundere.
oh it's another "threat looms over Japan/ the world. Despite organizations, agencies, and government-funded departments of trained professionals, Japan is utterly powerless to combat this threat, and the fate of the whole world is placed in the hands of a handful of untrained and snarky child soldier(s)."

so on and so forth.

Mostly I just take my xanax and wait for it to be over.

If you can't speak/understand Japanese and you multitask anime, you aren't really watching it.

Attached: 1557324674789.jpg (1920x1080, 245K)

for good shows that are worth my time I focus. This accounts for 80% of the anime I watch. For filler or slow shows, but stuff that I really want to clear out of my backlog and meme about on Yea Forums, I usually throw up the second monitor and grind in whatever game I'm playing if it doesn't require focus.

Like I've cleared most of my fishing log in FFXIV doing this. It's really a braindead activity, but your the catharsis of catching rare fish makes it worth it to me. It's dual entertainment; I can't grind in any game on its own, and I can't watch filler bullshit on its own, but doing both makes each tolerable enough for me to get through and sometimes even fun.

I do angion method

I might check Yea Forums for a bit while the OP is playing but when the actual show is on I give it my full attention.

Attached: 2017-11-05-932879.png (650x451, 266K)

Personally I watch anime with friends as a social activity every saturday. Its a bit janky getting everyone to play and pause at once but its a good time. Gets even better if we're getting bored of a series and we decide to either drop it and find something better or play it at 4x speed and have fun trying to make out what's happening instead.

Watching anime alone seems really sad and cold to me now.

Attached: 1522405179586.png (446x444, 29K)

>doesn'T have time to truely enjoy something
>does it anyway while doing something else just to fit in
>unable to talk about it but atleast he "watched" it

This is the state of our modern society. Where people do things over the internet instead of in person.

>play anime after dlding
>pause within the first 10 seconds
>browse some shit in youtube/manga sites/nyaa for more downloads/Yea Forums
>forget about mpc
>repeat everyday
Basically me everyday for the last 4 years or so. That's why my backlog keeps piling up. I don't enjoy watching anime nowadays. I want to go back to the good old days.

Yeah its fucking great.

>noooooo you can't just use revolutionary technology to your benefit NEW BAD OLD GOOD

Attached: __souryuu_asuka_langley_neon_genesis_evangelion_drawn_by_ilya_kuvshinov__a40c946a289406c3243341a4f60 (1080x1080, 132K)

Nice blog faggot

Just go fix your adhd

I can't do that for anime because I need to read subtitles
if I could understand jap I'd probably be able to skim through the catalog without pausing