Has there been a more compelling couple on Japanese media in the last decade?

Has there been a more compelling couple on Japanese media in the last decade?

Attached: __rem_and_natsuki_subaru_re_zero_kara_hajimeru_isekai_seikatsu_drawn_by_edan__020eda2bba0f1b7c2c64d2 (2343x3508, 1.04M)

me and ur mom

fpbp

inb4 seething emiliacucks

Attached: Rem dental care.jpg (1000x1000, 142K)

>mindbreak gluttony loli with memory and life experience powers through sheer mutual love
She's going to be slathering over Subaru and Rem by the time arc 6 is over

No

Attached: 22.png (2472x1850, 832K)

yes

Attached: 1582724505890.png (464x653, 650K)

Based and red-pilled.

Attached: 27.jpg (3426x2394, 1.95M)

Dumb isekaifag

Attached: Giselle and Michel.png (600x842, 1.18M)

Looks like generic waifubait

She's a kamidere. That's rare.

>Don't you want your mom to be happy, OP?

Attached: ogii33p1non31.jpg (1080x1134, 163K)

>seething about Emilia before shes even mentioned once
So this is the power of best girl hafu erufu.....

Attached: D8p9ue2UcAEfY4X.png (848x480, 328K)

>SEETHING

I can't wait

Attached: 「おかえりなさい」.jpg (868x1274, 945K)

>couple

>[Rem: Say “I love you”…]
>Rem spilled these words out with a faint, frail voice while looking up at Subaru.
>In her vision which had become blurred by the swell of tears that gushed up, she saw Subaru shake his head. After that, Subaru brought his face close to her and said,
>[Subaru: I love you(suki da)]
>[———–]
>[Subaru: I love you(daisuki da). Isn’t that obvious…If you aren’t with me, I can’t live on…]
>It was his true feelings. If you were to say that this was when he spilled everything out, that wouldn’t be an exaggeration and would be an accurate statement. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t come this far. >If she were to disappear, he would not be able to live on.
>[Rem: Ahhh…I’m happy…]
>Accepting Subaru’s confession, Rem felt a tear alongside her closed eyes. Taking in Subaru’s words happily, her face quickly blushed. Soon after, it now really did seem that all power within her body had departed.
>[Subaru: Wait…]
>[Rem: I love you(aishiteimasu), Subaru-kun]
>[Subaru:Don’t fuck with me, stay by my side. You’re going to leave me with regrets again!?]
>Subaru could not bear to live in a near future where Rem would cease to exist. Along with knowing this fact since long ago, her existence still has become sooo much more important to him, compared to long ago. So,
>[Subaru: In the future where I talk while smiling, I need you…I don’t want this]
>[Rem: In that future, is it okay if I stay by your side?]
>[Subaru: ….Isn’t the answer obvious? I won’t let you go to anyone else’s side.]
>Wiping off her tears that were suspended on her eyelids, Subaru looked straight at Rem and said:
>[Subaru: You are mine. I won’t let anyone have you.]
>[Rem: Proposal accepted!]
>[Subaru: Heh?]
Raw Version ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/138/
WN Eng Version remonwater.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translated-scene-of-rem-feigning-her-death/
LN Yen Press Version pastebin.com/XPWB6xPr

Her confession scene was one of the only anime confessions that didn't make me glaze my eyes waiting for it to be over. Any other good ones?

Yeah, from the 2020s yeah.

Delete this

Emilia is the true waifu, remkek will be lucky to even wake up, kek

[Roswaal: You say that, but wouldn’t her awakening be troublesome for Emilia-sama? Subaru-kun has strong feelings for that girl, no matter how you look at it. In fact, they’re as strong as the feelings he has for you.]

[Emilia: Yeah. I think that’s right. Subaru will devote himself to that girl for a while, and he might stop caring about me as well.]

[Subaru: No. Under no circumstances would that…..]

happen. It shouldn’t happen.
He swears that his feelings towards Emilia would not waver from now on either.
It’s just that his feelings for Emilia were a different part of the entirety of his feelings. Him having strong feelings towards Rem is a fact, and just like Emilia said, if she were to wake up, there was no doubt that he’d become devoted to her.

Maybe one day this one will get animated

Attached: 1581258865072.png (2230x1600, 1.65M)

Attached: I love Emilia.webm (1920x1080, 1.39M)

see

>—His weak self, and his self desiring not to be weak, fight inside him.

>Nobody may witness Natsuki Subaru's weakness now.
>The strong, dignified, resolute lifestyle of a hero was what Subaru needed to live.
>There was a girl who desired such of him. Subaru had placed a curse on that girl, and responsibility was on him to repay that girl his curse had bound. —No. Responsibility was nothing in the picture. Just, if she was believing in him, then he wanted to be as someone who would gain that belief. Because that girl told Subaru she loved him, Subaru wished to be someone who would continually gain her 'love you's.

emiliafaggots btfoed

The day twitterfags and remfaggots seethed and they still seethe to this day

Remember that a person who stays true to his love no matter what her popularity is, or how many other girls throw themselves at him deserve the utter respect.

yeah.

>btfos your life brutally
>this is a vivid memory, each monent of pain etched

I can see why he said no in the animoo

>>>btfos your life brutally
>>this is a vivid memory, each monent of pain etched
It really isn't dumb secondary

“Ahh, that’s why my body’s a little sluggish… But that’s not a big problem, is it? Scars on the body are a man’s medals as long as they’re not on the back. And I’m pretty tough when it comes to mental scars.”

Subaru pointed his thumb at himself as he smiled to drive away Rem’s pangs of guilt.

He wasn’t making it up. If his heart had been naive enough to have been broken beyond repair, he’d never have made it to that morning to have Rem holding his hand like that.

After all, he’d undergone wounds to his spirit that could very well have made him unable to look Rem in the eye again.

Subaru gazed at Rem intently.

She had short blue hair. Her face was more the “lovely” than “pretty” type. At first, he thought she showed little emotion on her face, but she was coming around on that bit by bit. He wasn’t afraid of her. He wasn’t afraid of her at all.

There was a Rem who had made Subaru loop more than once, but here was a Rem happy from the bottom of her heart that he had come back alive. It was all by chance.

Whats wrong with that cute couple?

Attached: 1573960249509.webm (742x606, 731K)

I though the washboard won that bowl

Can I get the artist name so I can sugguest pregnant Rem? or Maybe Louise

motoi hiroumi

Attached: 76508710_p0.png (1020x1447, 995K)

thank you

How much longer before she wakes up?

unknown. Tappei has been working on an Anime Original recently which explains his lack of updates. Soon(tm) as the LN is now in Arc 6 meaning if he wants the WN to stay up he has to make sure it will be ahead of the LN.

Yes, from the same series even.

Attached: DeHxI2vX0AAOgVu.png (799x1100, 736K)

Attached: Re_Zero_Volume_18_2.jpg (1443x2048, 622K)

yes

Attached: Re_Zero_Volume_9_13.jpg (1134x1600, 747K)

Assuming arc 6 will be 5 volumes and the 3 month LN release schedule isn't changed, she should be back by December or earlier if the WN is still ahead.

Attached: 1543097852167.jpg (1413x2588, 806K)

Still dead.

Source?

Reminder that Rembros/Remchads WILL win

>dead
do you know what dead means?

Emilia is better.

Morgana and Jacopo were better. Giselle is a fairly boring character.

I realize I'm a little late to the party here, but I literally just watched that episode for the first time and I knew what was coming and I still want to flip a table.
>AAAAAUGH I SUCK AND NOBODY LOVES ME
>I love you
>I love you
>I love you [dramatic music and birds]
>Thanks, I feel better now. Oh by the way

You absolute fag.

Attached: __makise_kurisu_and_okabe_rintarou_steins_gate_drawn_by_kokutan_kitsunen__2d469902b5aaae3459ecadfedd (716x914, 225K)

Read the novel version of the scene on Remonwaters site. You miss out a ton on Re:Zero by watching the anime, especially in the last half, because so much of what happens is psychological and needs Subarus monologues. Basically he didn't say that as a rejection but was more so showing her that he wasn't going to give up and was going to go back to how he was. he confesses to Rem later too but it's not in the anime because it's rushed as fuck

What I need is a yandere rem pregnant

Attached: C630217C-097C-4D66-8B37-40E718190328.jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

My guess is that someone at Kadokawa realized that Rem waking up would be a big money draw for the LN and got him to knock off updating the WN if he's close to doing so and the LN is going to get ahead of the WN just so she can wake up there first.

I dunno, her soul being in the soul collective seems to indicate being kinda dead, at least somewhat. A human is considered dead when their brain no longer is functioning regardless if you can artificially force their heart to beat or lungs to draw in oxygen and such, which for all we know, that could be what the authority is doing, simply sustaining some semblance of life but since nobody is home you would consider the person 'dead'. Not that anyone has the tech required to do a brain scan to determine brain dead vs coma.

Attached: mostly-dead-princess-bride.jpg (600x331, 36K)

ITT: We mourn our re-zero brothers we lost along the way

Attached: rembro.png (1849x245, 58K)

>people are STILL obsessed over this utterly mediocre love triangle

Based.

you must be preparing for the next episode of the directors cut.

Can't wait for her to talk about how much Subaru's best friend she is.

based. the insane level of cope itt

They ain't even the most compelling couple of their season. Re:zero was shit, are the characters are bland as fuck, and I have no idea how any of you retards even take this seriously. Like imagine actually getting invested in some low tier garbage isekai.

You missed a couple buzzwords there pal

no

Attached: 1582313457486.jpg (1536x2172, 605K)

you know, until they got MURDERED

Attached: serkaba handholding.jpg (800x600, 104K)

This whole situation will never not be completely bizarre to me

I think that applies to everyone

Mods, do your jobs.

Attached: Mentally ill 4chan poster.png (1264x173, 11K)

The pair in the OP isn't a couple but pic related is.

Attached: 2015-09-23-771178.png (500x550, 211K)

Attached: Nagato.Yuki.full.1051199.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

This is canon.

>Compelling

This is nu Yea Forums standards

It's in my Most Annoying Confessions Top 3

Seethe

Attached: 8102AA51-1910-46C8-8E2C-37B7F1D7ADBE.jpg (2606x1536, 571K)