What was the meaning of this anime? spoonfeed me

what was the meaning of this anime? spoonfeed me

Attached: hBbdlYKghJGFteINDp9MGiIpSYk.jpg (780x439, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wK00HnkapOk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The movie literally spews it out for you nonstop.

They are seeking a key, in order to escape to the real world, while the nigger colored chick has trouble/issues/obstacles making her way harder, while Utena has no issues going there psychologically but still has many hardships as well as in people who get in her way.

Basically symbolism for lesbians getting out of the closet, Utena being uninhibited, while the nigger chick having mental issues and not being at peace with that until the very end of the movie

Nice interpretation. What about the series?

Follows the same motif, but not as shinny or consistent as the movie though, covering a plethora of mental issues like mental and physical abuse, acceptance and rejection of other people, discrimination, etc.

Gnostic realization

"Smashing the world's shell" = destroying the border between the noumenal and phenomenal

“When you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one, so that the male will not be male nor the female female; and when you fashion eyes in place of an eye, and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and a likeness in the place of a likeness; then will you enter the Kingdom.” - Gospel of Thomas

This is corroborated even in the name and behavior of Akio/Dios/Lucifer; Lucifer as enlightenment, as light-bringer, or Lucifer as deceiver, as hallucination? It is really both, that the tricks of the light are illusory, but they lead to a true realization.

BUT I REFUSE

Society's rigid gender roles are bullshit. Get to know people. Don't be an asshole. Grow the fuck up.

O-Okay...still pretty confused

>Grow the fuck up
Yeah, that's a good message, especially when there are employment troubles.

It’s actually not “grow the fuck up”, but rather, “embrace youthful idealism rather than trying to be seen as adult and mature”. Utena revolutionises the world because she believes in Anthy no matter what in a very child-like way. Akio meanwhile is corrupted because he tries to change himself to satisfy the expectations of the world.

False maturity is not maturity. Akio's cars and fucking around is empty posturing. Utena recognizing Anthy's personhood and wanting to truly know her, though belated, is way more mature than that.

Ikuhara himself called that kind of true maturity childish in an interview. He said the core theme of Utena was teaching people that it was better to be childish in this way rather than succumb to adulthood which is mainly about power and status.

They really hammer this home in quite a few exchanges in the show:
>”Anyone who believes in true friendship is a fool.”
>”Haven’t you figured it out already? I am a fool.”

And also,
>”A child does not understand the value of this room.”

So he was a Tominofag after all, huh.

Then at this point it's just semantics. Call it idealism versus a shit kind of adulthood, call it true maturity, same attitude.

okay /x/ very cool
now go back to bed

>understands the politics of this show about sexual/queer liberation
>needs to say nigger
why are you this edgy

>tter to be childish in this way rather than succumb to adulthood which is mainly about power and status
I wonder how can one survive living by this principle

be-papas ? laying out proto meguka.

By knowing that others don't live by it and keeping a circle of friends that follow your aesthetic.

You can't live only by holding on to your friends, your material needs like having to eat will force you to enter the hierarchies of power, and you clearly won't be put in the ruler's seat.

You're saying you can't keep a job while holding onto principles like that? No one at work is inhibiting you as a person, you are just there to make money and possible develop your skills/experience.

>No one at work is inhibiting you as a person
But the very nature of paid labour is inhibiting and alienating.You're being alienated from the product of your labor, the process, from yourself and, in the end, from others.
> possible develop your skills/experience.
In case if you managed to find a job that fits your education or taste and prospects a decent degree of career growth (most of the jobs today provide you with no growth whatsoever).

Why are you this easily upset?

Become a professional then. If you can't manage it just live vicariously through entertainment and fuck around until you are retired and waiting to die. Maybe make a couple children to project your failed dreams onto in the meantime
The you expect an artist to tell you? Of course he's going to be idealistic about it. Art is supposed to be a reflection of reality, not a thesis statement

This is being awfully pedantic.

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

>Akio's cars and fucking around is empty posturing
Yeah but LOOK at that posturing! Empty or not that's boner inducing.

Attached: akio_car.jpg (464x356, 14K)

This is what it is. If you can't fight the alienation, how can you keep that inner child with all those dreams and ideals?
>Become a professional then.
Implying that people who got education can get jobs just as easy and they are not alienated
>just live vicariously through entertainment and fuck around until you are retired and waiting to die.
And doom your kids (and kids of your friends) to live in a world like this. This is unfair to them.

I'm just going through a weird period right now so I'm searching for answers I can't get from people who suround me on a daily basis.

Wtf is youthful idealism? When I was young I only cared about leveling in ragnarok and watching some animes. Do kids really have ideals when they are young?

Not him, and I empathise with your worries, but the fact is that there is no answer to those questions. Some of us get by while holding onto ourselves, some don't. At the end of the day it might come down to conviction and being able to switch modes just so you can earn money. Nobody is asking for your real self at work.

There's a reason why most commies are underage
You didn't have anything like that because you are likely an American that has been kept complacent through mindless entertainment and propaganda and that in turn evolved into a jaded husk of an adult without anything to believe in

Lmao, where do you live that a job alienates you?

Jobs are just stay in the office/factory performing some tasks for a set period of time, while talking to others and wasting time here and there.

>Implying that people who got education can get jobs just as easy and they are not alienated
The moment you stop believing in that you have already lost yourself. It's called idealism for a reason. You can always give up and join the lot of us. It's not actually that bad once you realise that you still got it better than most

Actually that depends. Some are soul draining with a lot of subtely pushing you to behave how they want and do overtime constantly. Work "culture" can be extremely cancerous.

>The moment you stop believing in that you have already lost yourself
>. It's not actually that bad once you realise that you still got it better than most
So, the only reason that keeps you running is self-wank and constant reminders that you should be glad you're not living in Somalia?
Makes me think that it's better to off myself.
>but the fact is that there is no answer to those questions
But there has to be. Every question gets an answer, be that true, false, and varying depending on the paradigm of the responding person.

>Makes me think that it's better to off myself
Then do it. You are extremely easily replaceable and don't matter in the grand scheme of things. If you are too jaded to stop trying and yet too whiny to just fall quietly in line just rid us of your teenage angst and end it. I recommend you go all out with it and actually take as many people as possible with you so that you may actually make a difference for once
If you are too spineless to do that too just vent your bourgeois alienation in a shitty novel or whiny slam poetry. Some are into that

Grow up. Literally.

I still feel that struggle. There is no answer.

>You are extremely easily replaceable and don't matter in the grand scheme of things.
Wait. If alienation is a natural and systematic thing, then it's possible that some other people are bothered with it, not just me.Then where can I find others who are bothered with this question? Like, some sort of an egoist union.
> actually take as many people as possible with you so that you may actually make a difference for once
Actually, mass killers never make difference. Unlike precise and systematic actions directed against the system.
As is in MPD, there is a solution, but it's not among the Kiga Group planning to kill civilians.

Attached: 13. Разрушенная бомбой карета министра внутренних дел В (1280x1032, 365K)

ok Akio

Every job is alienating as long as you do it because you have to, not because you like it

>Then where can I find others who are bothered with this question?
I'm right here. However, I am NEET, so I have no power in the real world.

youtube.com/watch?v=wK00HnkapOk
being kino

We have to get together somehow. Find others who don't want to live this way.

I assume others have tried and they just developed into nothing or dangerous cults.

Ikuhara is batshit insane

Utena >>> Penguindrum > YKA >>>>> Sarazanmai

There's nothing wrong in being dangerous, as long as you're dangerous to the system.
And why does it has to be the cult? Why not a party or some other organisation?

There is aot that you can take from uten, each of the secondary characters teach a lessoan.

The most important meaning that I took from it is that only you can revolutionize your world, only you can save yourself. those barriers that exist in your world can only be broken from the inside out.

Idols and dashing princes on the white horse won't save you, they don't exist really, or are more broken than even you are

The egg, a cosmic shell, the border between the noumenal world and the phenomenal world.

The castle, eternity, an unreachable ideal, illusion, infinity.

The framing gate, the border, the stage where the play of the show takes place

The academy, adolescence, a temporary haven that one stays at until "growing up"

Now, a few things about the title, some of which is obvious, some of which might not be immediately: A revolution is part of a cycle, but generally one will have more information and knowledge after one than at the beginning; a new synthesis raising the original to a higher condition.

There really are two Revolutionary Girls, Anthy, and Utena; the way the story ends implies Anthy will try to save Utena in the same way she was saved. But the interesting part about that is with the memory of Utena gone, did she ever REALLY exist? In which case, Utena was nothing more than an illusion inspiring Anthy to grow up and become independent, same as the castle is to the other duelists. (Watch the opening again with this in mind, Utena and Anthy are spinning together at the beginning, whereas it's only Utena spinning at the end; the rotating flowers are generally associated with the framing gate, the signifier that you're watching a play, a story, that what you're seeing isn't real) This idea has been transmitted in various ways; It's the idea that a fantasy, an illusion, or a dream can cause someone to realize the nature of their own existence, and that by dreaming about an illusion, one can make the illusion effectively real. There is no reason to fear crossing a gate that is opened from both sides at once by yourself, and that is the idea I think the show is trying to get across. If you identify your "self" with what "is," then you've reached the other side, death is nothing to fear, and all that is important is the complete liberation of your "self."

>Kinoko Nasu: “Utena”‘s dialogue was sensitive and abstract, but the direction and art were all so vivid. The imagery of the shell representing the world was so powerful, it was like I’d seen an amazing work of art—that may be an exaggeration, but that feeling overcame me when I watched the first episode, and it got me hook line and sinker. The “Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku” stock sequence played, there was a battle, the ending theme played, and I thought with certainty, “This is a masterpiece. But it’d probably be impossible to explain how amazing it is to ten people and have all ten of them understand.” I think now that the people who hold this work in their heart forever are either the female viewers who likely share the same gender-related hardships, or the people who think “I want to create something, I want to express something”. Once you’ve been shown something like this, you can’t ignore it. It felt like peeping on someone’s secrets, like I’d seen something I shouldn’t have.

the anime tells two stories, the fantasy one which is 99% of the series and the real which is hidden and you must decipher, long story (extremely) short:
>fantasy is about the characters wanting power to revolution (change) the world using the duels and shit you see in the story.
>reality is about how all of them have some kinda problem and need a "push" or something to start changing (revolutionizing) themselves for the better:
>utena wants to helps people because that's cool, but isn't completely committed to it.
>anty doesn't have the courage to stop his brother from raping her so he just suck it and closest her feelings.
>blue haired dude has a thigh relationship with his sister, but he want more space.
>green haired dude has an inferiority complex so he needs to berates and humiliates everyone he can so he can feel better.
>yellow haired girl is a lesbian but cant be true to her feelings.

the movie explore more about anty and utena's relationship after the anime ending.

>where can I find others who are bothered with this question? Like, some sort of an egoist union
Literally talk to the guy in the cubicle next to you in your office. Every single human being in the West who is middle class goes through this and has been doing so since after the war.
Even your existential crisis isn't anything special

Attached: 1583097995107.jpg (480x608, 66K)

It is lesbian symbolism.