Samurai 8 Chapter 40

HOLY SHIT ATA CAN CONTROL AND DISTORT SPACE TIME AND DIMENSIONS. AND HACHIMARU IS FUCKING DEAD!
Why's Kishi speeding through this story?

Attached: kishii.jpg (335x527, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soranews24.com/2019/09/29/narutos-author-kishimoto-reveals-what-characters-names-wouldve-been-if-editor-didnt-intervene/
theanimeaddict1.blogspot.com/2009/08/anime-manga-naruto-naruto-0-page-1-of.html?m=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's not exactly selling well, and Naruto privilege can only get Kishimoto so far.

It looks like the series is ending in 3 chapters.

>nanashi came back
Nice

Nanashi return is the only good thing to happen. Maybe the manga can be saved now

Fucking hack copying world trigger, I would have defended the series if he didn’t do that shit and just had him be immortal with healing power instead.

>Why's Kishi speeding through this story?
because it's a fucking flop and they gave him some time to wrap this up out of respect

>It looks like the series is ending in 3 chapters.
Could it have been axed? I'm really shocked. There's no way Ata should lose this fight. He's on god mode. What the fuck is Kishimoto doing?

Hilarious if true.

It is probably ending in 10. They usually end with a full volume.

>hachimaru's real wife is coming back
finally

Attached: nanashi.png (1240x1163, 1.08M)

>copying World Trigger
I would've liked the series if it actually did that. The training chapter was just a one time fluke.

Is it a blatant copy? I haven’t read WT but if it’s as bad as this story why is it popular

>Hachimaru is back to square 1 and trapped to a wall again
I told you guys this manga would be pottery

Attached: download.jpg (738x765, 100K)

It shares a lot of sci-fi aspects of World Trigger like cyber bodies and square shaped explosives. But it forgot to copy all the shit that makes WT enjoyable such as the likeable characters, the cool but clear non-convoluted battle system, and the tactical team fights.

Attached: 1570388269501.jpg (1539x2336, 2.11M)

jesus what a fucking horrible way to try and re introduce Nanashi back into the story. This shit is getting embarassing to read at this point.

Nanashi will kill god-mode Ata. Take that homophobes.
And thus the power scale is forever fucked

Wait, is he/she a samurai now?

would it have been better if nanashi had been the heroine (male) instead of anne

I guess so, since there's a key holder companion and soul sword in that picture.

Well. That was the most obvious "we just got axed" chapter since... last week's Zipman. Two new slots in WSJ opening up soon.

>Kishimoto's new series gets axed
>Kubo's new series replaces it

This timeline is just too fucking funny

>Kishi's passion project getting kicked out by a band of gag manga
I love this timeline.

Attached: 1582327014899.jpg (1575x1137, 334K)

Why Samurai 8 failed so hard while Naruto was a success? What is the key difference?

Naruto was a success thanks to his editors holding back Kishi's bullshit. Samurai 8 is pure, unadultered Kishimoto.

>Editors actually kept something good instead of fucking it up.
Wat?

Attached: 1581602767661.png (315x415, 100K)

The first 2-3 arcs of Naruto were good, this is just shit.

WT fights are like HxH fights on steroids

Editors are a good thing when they do their job properly, a good editor can really help the mangaka find direction or understand what works and what doesn't.

It is very well known that Naruto got massive changes from the editor, Kishi's idea was to have fucking furry characters, didn't have sasuke, didn't have chuunin exam and so on.

But when they suck they fuck it up like when they forced inaraki to make Senku adopted to avoid "incest" even though Kohaku is literally thousands of years separated from Senku.

I mean, that's why I specified "good" editor, obviously if the editor is shit his impact on the story won't be good, but a good editor is a great asset to most mangakas, especialy those who don't have a lot of experience.

Editors are the reason World Trigger is still alive today. It would've been axed if the he didn't tell the author to cut out the slice of life shenanigans, introduce a new character, and get on with the world building.

I wish Ziga had an editor that told the author to drop the boring MC and his friends and make pic related the MC.

Attached: 1564522001214.png (1000x1000, 776K)

The gag manga is garbage tho. The jokes became so stale by the second chapter.

The author started changing it up after a bunch of chapters and it became a genuinely pretty good series.

When is the anime?

why is the whole pacing so fucked?
it really does feel like the story is being rushed.

So five of the keys have appeared right?

It did it first and had more fujo appeal, that’s it.
>DUDE OSAMU IS SO AVERAGE AND NORMAL
>lives through high tier enemies and opponents

>lives through high tier enemies and opponents
I fucking wish. Osamu bullying is wrong.

Attached: free points.jpg (1325x768, 826K)

Because it is being rushed

dried squid is too chewy it seems

>Fuck off bleachfag nigger,your shit series suck ass and kubo is a hack autor.

Never it seems

>chewed the squid until nanashi came back
tasty

DID YOU SEE ALL OF THIS HAPPENING???? SHIT IS GOING DOOOOOOOOOWN SO COME BAAAACK

Attached: One Punch Man S2 - 08 - Large 35.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

>When is the anime?
OVA trilogy in 2021/2022 by whitefox

I mean if Medaka Box can go on for almost 200 chapters then so can this.

Medaka was good. Nisio is a genius.

this series is a fucking mess, Space Zabuza is so OP that he feels like the final villain of the story instead of the villain of the first arc. Hachimaru and Ann's relationship was resolved in 2 chapters, the universe is boring, Why am I still reading this?

Attached: re54.jpg (795x1164, 430K)

While i'm not really following the series, the parallelisms in this chapter with Hachimaru being bound in tubes again, Ann used as a battery for his "brothers" and Nanashi returning make it look like an early axe, cause those are stuff you do much later (if not in the last arc).

>Why am I still reading this?
To see if it's really as bad as people meme it out to be.

It's painfully obvious that the other clones were going to be the villains for a while and each would be particularly skilled at one important thing or another and Hachimaru would learn each of those things by fighting them. As it stands they're just a mcguffin at this point.

> Nanashi returning make it look like an early axe, cause those are stuff you do much later (if not in the last arc.

exactly, don't know if Kishi planned it like this or if the overlords at WSJ told him to wrap things up.

That chimera holder is sick

>the threads for Undead Unluck, Agravity Boys, and Mitama are all happier and more energetic than Samurai 8's
haha KISHIMOTO

>Yozakura and Mashle threads were ok but fizzled out
>nobody cares about Witch Guardian or Zipman
I guess he's doing something right.

So obviously Hachimaru is going to somehow end up with "Infinity" for all his RPG stats and unlock the giant fuck-you attack that nobody can use, and kill Ata

the series is clearly ending which is hilarious because almost nothing has happened
he met Nanashi like 2 weeks ago and all he's done since then is fight in a weird battle royale, learn about RPG progression trees, and now it's the big final battle

what a shitshow

Is he really the final boss? I thought there was one more bad guy behind him.

Oh yeah, he does have some boss doesn't he? I don't think it's going to matter.

why didn't Kishimoto just do Naruto but with samurai? it would've worked better.

there's nothing chanbara or samurai-esque about this story, the whole cyber-body shit ruins it.

Attached: C62053B6-BB7C-4D95-9058-4B74D14E0FB2.jpg (1500x900, 230K)

Because "cyborg samurai" is supposed to be a kickass concept.

more like he wanted to write cyberpunk without realizing that it already exists.

the whole point of a samurai story is not get cut, specially when you can get taken out in 1 slice. The whole immortal body was a huge mistake,why didn't Kishi's editor pointed that out

Attached: 5E653798-E63D-4A85-942D-D2B860FB3B69.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

* to not get cut

I honestly stopped reading this when mangastream went down. It's hilarious that the art style tried to go back to how Naruto was drawn.

Attached: 1582835764785.png (816x778, 759K)

>why didn't Kishimoto just do Naruto but with samurai?
He did

has nanashi transitioned

Maybe this is what it means to want to be subversive.

Sam8 has nowhere near the soul that even the worst chapters of Naruto had.

It's exactly the same with different names, there's literally zero difference in "soul" which is to say that both are entirely soulless and equally bad

What? S8 has Samurai souls all over the place so much so they use them as weapons.

JUST.

Attached: 2332.jpg (726x538, 138K)

Kishi does not give a fuck.

Attached: kishi.jpg (747x288, 48K)

If they are giving it a break, then maybe it’s not getting axed.

This sounds like a planned break after all. Maybe instead of getting axed he'll take some weeks off and do a huge-ass timeskip, essentially doing a soft reboot kind of thing?

Kala is the driving force behind all this, so he will matter.

>twitter screencap
gross

People who aren’t samurai yet can be identified as keys. All the people with numbers in their names are probably keys. We don’t know for sure if Ryu is a key yet just because Hachimaru said so because he’s still a dumbass kid. Could be Sanda, since he has 3 in his name. Hachimaru, Ryu/Sanda (one of them anyway), Ichigo, Goku, and Nanashi (possibly).

Mangaka never talk about being in danger of getting cancelled in the author comments.

Kishimoto's original concept for Zabusa arc had a talking bear playing Haku's role.

It is pretty obvious that Kishi just does not understand what he is doing and needs some slaps fom editors to wake up.

Kishi was most definitely given the "You have 1-2 more volumes. Finish the story." call that axed mangas get.

kishi fucked up by making beating hachimaru literally the only thing stopping the bad guys from completing their master plan as well as them being able to track him wherever he goes

White Fox need to do the rest of Girls' Last Tour in an OVA first.

Really? Axed already?

Now he knows how his brother Seishi feels

Ann NTR makes me hard

>Ann getting gangbanged by all of Hachimarus black brothers
What the hell did Kishimoto mean by this?

>they gave it a break so it can't be eligible for the axe
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> barely any art in pixiv
pretty pathetic, nobody cares for this series.

God the S8fags on Twitter are fucking delusional

When’s axe season, March or April?

same as the ones from reddit, they almost sound like paid shills.

What happened?

I'm not a fucking bleachfag retard, I'm just someone who was there when they were both running and can appreciate how fucking hilarious this is due to circumstances.

Now lurk more, brainlet.

Why did this flop so bad while Naruto was such a big hit?

I rather read more of Chimera world than boredom8

Because it's shit in every way

naruto has that edgy touch at first, the stake is real and you feel like the kids could be fucked over easily, jutsu aren't that OP and fights require prepping, the world is brutal for a child soldier story
but immortal samurai fighting on cosmic scale?

the first chapter was so dull and boring that it failed to hook any potential reader.

(he should've kept the ronin as recurrent villain)

Attached: Second Hokage.jpg (636x696, 283K)

>chew 8, zipman, and guardian of the Witch will face the axe soon
Absolutely the best timeline

Attached: 1581273981595.png (581x525, 444K)

As a Twitterfag myself I browse the shitty series to see what people say about them. S8fags are literally acting like they just won a game of marbles and celebrating like the 7 yr olds they are because break week means series is saved. Reddit is bad too, just not as bad as Twitter

Jump really needs to change their shounen formula
Chainsawman is pretty fresh

why does Yea Forums have such a hateboner towards Kishi?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

not really
Naruto is like one of the first shounen I read (saving for a few really old ones like Dragon ball or Inuyasha) and followed till the end. I can see how he has slowly become a massive hack and the story losing its soul bits by bits

I can't wait to see Kishi and his retarded fans try to damage control
>Lol I didn't get axed this is where I wanted to end the story :^)

Attached: 1579713711478.webm (1440x810, 2.84M)

will Kishi ever draw a Samurai 8 illustration or is he done with drawing? the new artist just doesn't do it for me.

Attached: sd.jpg (640x905, 117K)

He released the rough draft for half of ch 1 and some character sketches. His drawings were much better.

Around issue #20 give or take. For this year, probably a bit past that. A bunch of series should finish a volume between the #22-23 double issue, and issue #27. Which is an opportune time for a series to end.

That's pretty retarded. Assuming the series doesn't end in a couple more issues, all a break in issue #17 means is that the series is taking a 1 week break after finishing volume 5, and before starting volume 6. Kishi having the clout to swing a vacation for himself doesn't mean the series can't end with volume 6.

I hope it's not getting the axe, I was actually just starting to warm up to it a little

so much shit wrong with Samurai 8, off the top of my head:

- for a samurai series there's barely any sense of chanbara or classic samurai stuff, instead you get a talking cat saying some philosophical jargon.

- you become a cyber samurai by commiting seppuku and be lucky enough for the god of war to accept you and transform you body.

- the immortal samurai bodies are a big problem since they kill any tension or feeling of danger for the characters (they can even get their head chopped off and still recover) they can only die if they loose the will to fight.

- the power scaling is ridicously high and it's demonstrated way too early in the series.

- the universe is boring (as in it's barely explored and we have no bearings of where we are or were the characters are going)

- The MC design was not well received that it had to be re-designed early in the series.

- The princess system is weird and they're just essentially walking batteries that buff samurai.

Attached: 599-th-051219_Thumbnail_400x320.jpg (400x320, 129K)

My personal issues is the art. It's difficult to follow so I dropped it at chapter 3. I just picked up again just to see how it's going to end.

I think there’ll be a timeskip within the next 2-3 chapters. Ann will have forgotten Hachimaru and have had multiple children with his brothers. Ata will have her bear a child as well. Nanashi is having sex with Hachimaru since they’re gay. The literal whos are dead. And Ata controls the galaxy. Please be a bad end for the love of god

damn user, are you OK?

From what I remember from reading nips reviews the female readers really fucking hated the battery system and how Kishi handled Ann in general, which is a pretty big problem considering how important the female demographic is even in shonen nowadays.

Yes

Attached: 552D9452-63CF-4BB5-A618-6EFE2905A2A8.jpg (940x1792, 243K)

Kino

today's chapter reminded me of the last week's chapter of Edens Zero, MC gets taken out by overpowered villain/everything goes to shit/ main girl gets captured

Shitty story with an even worse gimmick

Everyone who killed him, killed him with complete confidence. No one has ever seen him as a threat. He couldn't win a single meaningful 1 on 1 confrontation. All the meaningful kills he got where due to highly unique circumstances.

Hyuse is probably slightly stronger than Yuma and also a better team captain. There is zero reason for Osamu to participate in any meaningful event of the story. But that's what makes it interesting I guess?

This is technically a bigger flop than Toriko

This was the best chapter this series ever had.

It was never supposed to be a super-long manga like Naruto. I'm glad he's getting on with it.

Why is that immortal dude from Naruto here? Did he live long enough to make it to space?

hahahahahahahahahaha
kishi btfo

Kishimoto is a retard that lucked out, his brother is the true prodigy.

>Space Zabuza is so OP that he feels like the final villain of the story instead of the villain of the first arc
funny you should notice

Makes sense, most people expected something at least passable from Kishimoto after Naruto, but he sure got them good.

Should have just stuck with nanashi for the fujo bucks

>build up Nanashi as a party member
>they just abandon him
>comes back later anyway
What was the plan
How long did Kishi expect this series to go

user
there will be no more arc

Also what happened to the delicious brown lady

I never thought these words would come out of my mouth but, Mashima did it better.

>It shares a lot of sci-fi aspects of World Trigger like cyber bodies and square shaped explosives.
Read more sci-fi please.

Samurai 8 isn’t inspired doing a fake out death though

It’s shortsighted to say it’s getting canceled. It sold better than Yokazura and Mitama, it’s primary competition. Along with Zipman apparently being axed, and several WSJ manga ending soon, it likely won’t be canceled.
And remember that Yokazura and Mitama have actually being getting more promoted recently (color pages) and still selling worse. So unless you wanna say that Samurai 8, Zipman, Yokazura, and Mitama are all getting canned all while several long running shows are coming to an end, it’s not getting canceled anytime soon.

Atleast Toriko was good for some point, Sam8 was just stillborn garbage that isn't even fun to mock

Yet you still find the time in your day to do so lol just let it die if it’s so bad to you

She’s stronger than any of the main cast is, so she won’t show up again til near the end. Final battle probably.

I’m guessing that Bokuben, Yuuna, and Zipman are gonna die for Yozakura, Mitama, and Agravity. So maybe Squid8 will die for one of the UU/Mash/Witch batch the round after the spring axe season.

>Bokuben, Yuuna, and Zipman are gonna die for Yozakura, Mitama, and Agravity
>Sam8 dies for UU
The BEST future. And that means it won't happen

Nanashi will save him through the power of boypucci, and then die to Ata so Hachimaru can get a rage powerup and stay with Ann.

I’ll take 2/4 of those outcomes happening or better. I believe in the power of the Mitama push and Yozakura reprints and UU early release date.

Editors saved Naruto. You should see the interview where Kishi's original ideas of Naruto were changed by based editors. It would have been even worse otherwise.

As someone who isn't a big manga guy, so I probably havent over read shonen to where it's that annoying, I liked guardian of the witch so far.

WSJ's business is not just selling manga. It is creating franchises that become hit anime, games, LNs, live action, etc. Every spot in the magazine has to be used to test what new products could become popular. And at this point, it would be really hard to expect Samurai 8 to make it as a franchise on the scale of even Dr Stone. Everyone who was interested in it tasted it, and most found it lacking. Demonstrated by the dropping sales. Mitama does not have that level of (bad) fame, so letting it live a bit more makes sense. If it manages to create a good arc to end an anime season with, it could succeed. Yozakura I think could be axed. Same with Zipman.

While I think people saying that Sam 8 is ending in 3 chapters are obviously wrong, as it would mean they wouldn't be able to print another full volume, it seems really likely that another volume is all it will get, given the suddenly acceleratin pacing.

It just rip offs really superficial aspects like the sci-fo shit.

WT is liked because it has the literal best power system in any shounen, people fight with tactics instead of asspulls and the cast is fantastic.

This, Shueisha doesn't give a fuck if you're selling 10k or 30k, in both cases it's trash. It's more of "can this series get big?", and in S8's case, it's pretty damn clear the answer is no.

There is value in trying to push something you think has potential, but when you do that and it still fails, then it's probably time to move on.

>Zabuza was going to be named Momotaro
>editors said to change that shit because it sounds lame
Not all heroes wear capes

>Momotaro
Lol holy shit seriously?

soranews24.com/2019/09/29/narutos-author-kishimoto-reveals-what-characters-names-wouldve-been-if-editor-didnt-intervene/

>Here’s the other changes suggested by the editor that were listed in the tweet:
>Cutting out a ton of exposition.
>Putting in Sasuke.
>Making the Wave Country arc (with Zabuza/Haku).
>Stopping him from making the hokage and teachers animals.
>Having all the characters take the Chunin Exam all at once.
>The models for Rock Lee and the other Chunin Exam characters.
>Turning Naruto from a fox into a human.
>Changing Zabuza’s partner Haku from a bear into a human.
>Giving the protagonist narrow eyes and the rival wider eyes.
>Having him make the names of jutsu consistent for worlbuilding’s sake, rather than random and all over the place.”
Holy shit. Imagine having the most acclaimed arcs of your manga be the resultant of editor meddling, not your own writing/designing prowess.

Attached: 5112137-6803202944-BYVTp.jpg (500x303, 61K)

Go read the original pilot for Naruto if you dare
theanimeaddict1.blogspot.com/2009/08/anime-manga-naruto-naruto-0-page-1-of.html?m=1

>There is zero reason for Osamu to participate in any meaningful event of the story
he is the capitain, the brain, sure he doesnt have the experience of the canadian guy, but he does put a lot of work in to analysing and preparing plans to lead the team to victory

you dont notice a good editor, but when they fuck up you instantly notice it

JJK and act-age are both more close to the old shonen formula but played a lot better and whit what looks like a lot more throught put in to their over all story
i think they are better than original naruto and things like that

Also no one likes Hyuse enough for that.
Chika and Yuuma wouldn't respect him at all.

I'd imagine his current editor is just a yes man that lets him do what he wants because it is actually hilarious how some of the stuff that got cut here made its return in S8, like the furry teacher and the exposition dumps

Kishimoto is a fucking retard, his series instantly turned to shit once his old editor left and he should've taken the hint that maybe his advice was fucking valuable

>There is zero reason for Osamu to participate in any meaningful event of the story
There’s also zero reason for a trionlet like him to be in Border, period. He’s doing everything he’s doing because he wants to be proactive in doing what’s right despite his limitations, and he’s able to succeed because he’s fairly clever and earned the respect of his overpowered teammates and everyone he’s networked with.
He’s basically the emotional core in a story where logic and practicality dominate the narrative and the battle system.

The pacing is so fucked up and they are constantly in jeopardy every other chapter with major reveals every other chapter. It definitely feels like kishi is shitting the bed.

Worked for Toriyama

It sucks.

teacher animals are good if done right.

Attached: Korin.jpg (500x578, 111K)

I think the article writer shits a bit too hard on the name Kotaro, since that was the name of an actual ninja leader.

how terrible

Attached: thanks for the tip.png (628x609, 362K)

Narutards don't even give Kishimotos new series the time of day. What a pathetic fanbase that "loves" kishimoto. The amount of narutards I've seen beg for kishimoto to continue making naruto shippuden is disgusting. Fucking narutards. Support Kishimotos work or fuck off! If you read it and think its shit that's okay. At least you respected him enough to read it. So many narutards only like naruto and its fucking weird.

Attached: Ata holder.jpg (867x631, 406K)

most of the naruto "fanbase" dismissed Samurai 8 when they heard that Kishimoto wasn't doing the art.

I know I did, but frankly after reading interviews on how much Kishis editors meddled and what changes they brought i realized Naruto was a fluke and Kishi is a hack.

Still i will always love naruto.

>angry that people only care about the piece of work and don’t worship 1 guy for eternity
sorry that they’re not kubofags or odafags

>- The MC design was not well received that it had to be re-designed early in the series.
Four times kek

Kishis desperation is disgusting. Also the MC being teased as a crippled life support neet only lasted for half a chapter. Instantly becomes a muh chosen one.

dropping the nerdy glasses for some goggles really improved the design, it even made Ann wet in that one scene.

Attached: EDxaQk-VUAY1inX.png (833x1200, 285K)

to tell us what is going on so we can laugh at it

Look at their 3 new biggest hits, Chainsaw man, Act-Age and Jujutsu Kaisen. All of these take the formula and challenge it in their own way, it's definitely changing.

me too

As of the later chapter he’s crippled again. Wonder how long that will last.