Which power system is the best, philosophically?

Which power system is the best, philosophically?

Attached: 699426._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1869, 490K)

World Trigger

don't know but probably not O MY 7 QUIRKS

Bleach

out of the manga in the picture? They're all shit but devil fruits are the least bad

>devil fruits are the least bad
>random, non descript power
>that due to power creep keeps getting buffed

I've been wanting to watch shounenshit and this is pretty much the only show I'm considering. Apparently it's getting a continuation... I'm still waiting to see how this all plays out before I start.

The one that draws dimes

The anime adaptation is absolute shit from what I remember

Which do you like for any manga?

Alchemy for FMA

i like tsugumomo power system

aren't they all basically the same?

Did you manage to reach later episodes? They were good

Love YYH, but like BNHA better than BC.

As someone who watched the anime before converting to the manga, I highly suggest just picking up the manga. The pacing of the anime is fucking awful and killed a lot of my enjoyment of the Invasion arc.

Attached: 1461771271771.jpg (1000x833, 190K)

Nah, I dropped it like first few episodes thinking it was garbage, only got back to giving it another try much later because a lot of people praised it but I just went straight to the manga this time around

Hmmm.. that's a dilemma then. I genuinely am an animefag. I equate reading manga to being a better person and I'm not at that level yet.

Just an idea, but how about highly specific powers that develop at the age of 4-6, formed by the subconscious? Not something hereditary like in BnHA but not something as malleable for something like HxH, and this way, there'll be no asspulls.

>>Innate attribute types
Natural magic = Elements that exist in nature
- (Fire, Plant, Poison, Light, etc)
Unnatural magic = Elements that are manmade
- Developed in exchange for sacrificing "divine protection"
- (Sword, Glass, Mirror, Picture, Dice)
Irregulars = Rare magic potentially lethal to Devils
- May still be healed or overpowered
- (Dark, Time, Antimagic)

>>Qualities that can be gained by any type
Arcane stage = "Inexplicable powers"
- Attributes that have been mixed with negative mana of a curse/devil
- (Antimagic Sword, Ancient Sealing, World Tree, Blue Briar, Red Thread)
Spirit magic = Spells supported by magical familiars
- 4 great mana spirits but many lesser spirits
- (Bell, Undine, Rouge, Bruce)

>>Skills that can be learned by any type
Mana Skin = Default protective armor
- Prevents injury and magic effects
- Related to reinforcement magic = boosting physical ability
Mana Sensory = Sensing the power of one's surroundings
- Distinguishes power and type of mana
- Range may extend for miles and through obstacles
Mana Zone = Commanding the mana in an area
- Uses mana of nature together with their own
- Allows spells from all directions and inside opponents' spells
Magic letters = Symbols that modify and expand spells
- Created in Heart but not unique to them
- Letters match those in trap magic

>>Techniques tied to specific types
Ultimate magic = Concentrates extreme magic power
- Requires the mana of several mages
- Can be acquired from dungeons
True magic = Commanding the power of nature
- Moves real objects instead of creating them with magic
- Developed in Heart

Attached: Best.png (1920x1080, 2.37M)

You can take that first step by starting with this series.
But if you insist on binging it then do yourself a favor and skip the arc that has this brown anime-only faggot in it.

Attached: a worse tsundere than Kitora.png (605x582, 256K)

Honestly? Yes.
>character has a power unique to them
The only differences is that logia types can only be damaged by other logias or haki and that mages in BC have different mana stores. Oh and characters can teach each other techniques in Naruto (but rarely ever take advantage of this)

I get enough of you in BC threads.

philosophically? you mean theoretically?

Slam Dunk. Literally the only one where training still means something.

No. Substitute with 'meaningful'. Choose how you want to interpret that.

You know I can't do that user. Now I need to watch it to see why it pisses you off. And if it pisses me off, that's something we'll both share in common.

That's friendship, and that's how Shonen Jump would like it.

Shit uninteresting filler characters, shit and lazy battle choreography clearly not written by the author, and shit slightly out of character moments from everyone's favorite MC.
I'm begging you in the name of friendship, effort, and victory to keep your expectations in the gutter.

Attached: pouty Konami.jpg (216x340, 18K)

That's deep, user.

Attached: 1b2.png (600x665, 479K)

Don't worry, user. My expectations are near zero. I've even forgotten the synopsis.

local border patrol defends the city from illegal aliens

Honestly, fma for me.
Its basically just one spell but very flexible and the way you apply it depends entirely on you.
Also theres people that dont use alchemy and are instead in their own league but still manage to fight on equal terms with people that do, and hat alone brings more variety than most other systems where writers have to fit every power inside the set of rules they came up for themselves.

Cosmo, easily.

Attached: arayashiki.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Why are there two Luffys?

That was for the first half of the series.
Now it's about a bunch of kids trying to win a lasertag MOBA tournament for a grand prize of a trip to Canada.

One Piece too good Shonen Jump made One Piece 2.

What a coincidence. Does it have buddy cop comedy vibes? I've been meaning to watch some more buddy cope animes but haven't found them.

Only the first few chapters/episodes. The MCs go from being slightly at odds to each other to aibou tier.

Attached: 79.jpg (800x1200, 187K)

I agree with WT is one of the best, because everyone has access to same tools, so it's a just a matter of finding the combination that suit you more and constantly training to get better at it. Having the fights being team battles adds even more depth to it.
Recently, the power systems I found interesting were Chainsaw Man and Undead Unluck. In the first I like all the different interactions a human and a devil can have, plus the possibility of having multiple contracts means humans can remain relevant even if inferior to fiends and hybrids. In UU the "UN" abilities are simple, but extremely flexible so it opens a lot of possibilities for creative fights

I'd have to agree. Too bad oda only uses the devil fruit powers for doing battle. Missed opportunity.

Cloning

Nen

the 7 paopei in Soul Hunter and the last one is philosophical paopei.

Alchemy is the one thats best related to the core themes and premise of the series. Its very heavy handed in illustrating its point.

This, flexibility, vow and restrictions akin to FMA and has many applications outside of just fighting.

Attached: Pakunoda_card_13.png (640x800, 1.18M)

>philosophically
What does this mean?

>random, nondescript power
Depending on how much you like power-systems, this could be either a good or a bad thing.

A good thing about Alchemy in FMA is that it's grounded in reality (i.e. most of it is justified by real life chemical reactions of the physical properties of the substances involved) and fair (i.e. most alchemists can more or less do the same things they just have different reactions on shorthand.)

interpret it how you want. i meant 'philosophically' as 'meaningful' but that's also ambiguous.

take bleach. the sterns in the last arc distinguish five powerful shinigami on the basis of a trait they embody. ichigo's is latent power -- everything that made him strong were things already inside him, things he was born with. his abilities increased with self-acceptance. that's using the power system to say something... 'meaningful'. but it's not that serious. every answer itt has been good.

Attached: 1576857691725.jpg (640x994, 279K)

Better than Fairy Tail, where even a nobody can pull off shit even Erza is incapable of if he believes in friendship strongly.

Nen

Medaka box's personality based powers are pretty great. The stronger the personality the stronger the power.

Attached: jlKGaND_d.jpg (640x931, 88K)