So is this shit good or nah?

So is this shit good or nah?

Attached: 610c0MEX1iL.jpg (738x1113, 122K)

>good
Yes those who say otherwise are ledditors trying to fit in by being a contrarian faggot

t. reddit

It's good, but definitely not a masterpiece like a lot of people say it is.

no
fuck off

>nunuhnn-no u

Read it and find out.

the dub is garbage though and voiced by a pedo so stay away from it

It's pretty good but the main villain is kinda meh. I've forgotten most of it but I do remember thinking that the author could have done more to make him more intimidating, more personal to the main protag.

The first episode had pentagrams though. Perhaps its a wicked thing to view

Attached: unnamed.png (444x320, 161K)

>written by a woman
>making the same unfunny joke all the time
>takes itself seriously yet throws quips left and right everychance it gets
it's garbage. avoid it like the plague.

It's better than 95% of other shonen out there.
Main villain is literally the reason why Ed and Al exist. How is this not personal?

You seem awfully closed minded for someone asking others their opinion.

>unfunny joke
Spotted the buttblasted manlet

fpbp

You think someone would willingly open their mind up to the devil

It's one of the best shonen you could find. But it still a shonen.
Also

>written by a (((woman)))
Not reading it.

Again I barely remember shit, but didn't Father just sit in the dark doing whatever the fuck shadowy villains do until the latter part of the story? That's what I meant by not being personal enough, as far as I can remember he's a generic megalomaniac baddie who just happened to have a 2nd degree connection with the MCs through their parent.

>I can dislike your shonen but you CAN'T dislike mine NOOOOO

why is the fma fanbase so cringe

>cringe
Go back.

Why? Because I'm not praising your shit? You go back to MAL

>You go back to MAL
>cringe
You're making your self so obvious fag

It's alright, definitely overrated because it's one of the first anime most people watch.

Thank goodness it wasn't mine.

Yes. How weak is your faith?

It starts off genuinely excellent and has a good plot which runs all the way through. However, it's a shonen so as time passes, things start... Happening
>Characterisation and character development become increasingly awful (that one ishvahlan who shit talks scar for taking revenge on people for ishval because violence is always wrong, ed and al just keep saying that they'll get everything without losing anything and keep trying to save people).

It actually contrasts a ton with the original anime; in that, characters die and suffer greatly to get what they want and there is a genuine cost to the impossible things the protege are trying to do. It feels like thenautjormis interfering on the main cast's half more and more at the end.

The homonculi while all looking cool are pretty shallow as villains to be honest. Mostly there just to be beaten.

So overall I think the series is pretty good; for a shonen it goes from a 9 to a 7 over time. She's definitely not the best artist I've ever seen but I still mostly enjoyed FMA.

>shit good
No

I mean it's overrated but yes it is good.

It's good, but only read the manga and ignore all animefags.

this

these are redditors don't listen to them

serious question: why is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood rated so highly by most people? everybody seems to love it. i liked watching it aswell but forgot about it quite quickly. i fail to see what differenciates it from other shounen and how people can say it is "deep". can someone please explain the appeal of this?

The difference is quite stark. Whereas the narrative in a standard shounen is subservient to the chuuni confrontation, FMA's appeal is all about a compelling narrative and development of the elements needed for one. In other words, you don't need a heart of a shounenfriend to enjoy FMA, you just have to be in for some good old action adventure and FMA will probably leave you satisfied. FMA's secret is simply being the closest thing to what a wide consensus would consider the perfect action adventure.

its a masterpiece and the anime adaptation is perfect

Yes it's good. But just watch Brotherhood

It has some very high highs, some very clear lows though, but the good outpaces the bad by a noticeable margin, and on top of that, it is a relatively short, consistent, and fast story, and by being such, avoids most of the problems that come with ridiculously long shonen manga such as characters becoming cliche parodies of their former selves, power levels going to ridiculous levels, having to rely on pointless divertions from the main plot in the form of filler arcs, pointless characters getting introduced constantly only to dissapear by the next big story arc, etc.

In general, it's pure, concentrated, good action adventure shonen manga.

The homos are what makes it great

Attached: best sins.jpg (900x614, 246K)

Better than the big 3 or the shitty shounen airing these days like BnH or KnY. I'd say it's on par with Attack on Titan. Great by shounen standards, but no masterpiece of anime as a whole.

I'm in ep 8 and going well

They aired the anime in Germany a few weeks ago. Glad they stopped it for Mirai Nikki.

It's good.
It's up there with Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop as far as classics go. If you enjoyed either of them, you'll enjoy this one.

Magic in modern western media has a habit of falling into what I call a "DnD effect." It's not fun if you can make stat sheets for the mages and cards for the spells. Magic is at its most chilling when it's used in an amorphous, mysterious way that serves as an allegory for a real challenge. Raistlin's hourglass eyes, which robbed him of the ability to see beauty and slowly twisted his soul from the inside out, come to mind.

FMA's Alchemy falls into a nice middle ground. Everyone has a "type" of alchemy that they can use in flexible ways, but alchemy itself serves as an allegory for the loss of innocence and punishment of mortal hubris. This isn't some 2deep4u shit. That's just the overarching theme of the series. Loss of innocence and redemption from vengeance and hubris.

It follows the manga.

It's not deep. It's just true. The Lion King isn't deep. It's beloved as the story of a young man's path to adulthood, though.

It's good in the sense that marvel movies are good. They're entertaining, but in terms of actual artistic value in relation to the rest of its medium? None whatsoever.

No manga has artistic value.

Alchemy is a real thing so it cant be an allegory. Niggas in the medieval times really believe that karma and guilt interlinked with the natural world

I'd say that's a terrible comparison. FMA absolutely has artistic value.

What dub? Mangas don't have dubs, silly!

>FMA absolutely has artistic value.

Attached: 1491030020848.jpg (250x250, 11K)

I'm honestly disappointed the author didn't explain this glyph system better. It's just "this glyph fucks with human bodies" and "this glyph burns shit." No explanation how people even figured them out.

No
It's for myanimelistfaggots

Attached: O.S._Spirit_of_Sword_White_Swan.jpg (1836x1049, 201K)

It's better than average, but not by much. hits the nail on the head. It was an extremely common gateway anime so people's opinions of it tend to be bloated. But it's certainly not bad by any means.

Attached: al MY MAN.png (555x515, 181K)

>The Lion King isn't deep. It's beloved as the story of a young man's path to adulthood, though.
Run away but do come back because you might've had no reason to run away in the first place. Face your mistakes? Nah, make sure said mistakes even exist. Because they probably don't.

>The difference is quite stark.
Lmao found the kiddie who only watched Naruto and Bleach before.
It's basically a poor man's Shaman King for Hot Topic kiddies.

Attached: yohsmile.png (640x480, 272K)

>Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop
Sure is reddit in here

It's flawless except in that sense that almost everything it does it just boring normalfag bait whereas someone like Togashi often writes boring and poorly paced arcs but you're OK sitting through it because you have faith it will culminate in moments that you'll never forget. 5 years after first watching HxH I can't stop thinking about it. Hell I was rewatching a scene from the palace invasion recently where Shoot talks about Gon bringing him out of his cage, and then he stands on his fist to fight Youpi and covers his eye "Because he felt he gained strength as the situation deteriorated". Is that even a top 50 moment? Is that a top 20 moment in CA? I bet not, but I loved it more than almost any scene in FMAB.

After watching FMAB I forgot about it the day after. It just doesn't do anything special.

Watch the 1999 anime, it's awesome.

I'll definitely get around to it. I've seen a few clips and I enjoy the atmosphere.

I don't think you know what an allegory is.
See? True story.

Severely overrated but still alright

this entire post

Attached: IMG_7620.png (202x302, 105K)

Just curious but have you seen FMA 2003? It gets pretty messy in the second half once they get into the original story but on the whole I found it more thematically interesting and it resonated with me a lot more than Brotherhood did. Opinions vary pretty wildly though, you may just as easily think it sucks depending on how much certain aspects work for you but I recommend everyone give it a try.

It's a good story with very few flaws which by itself is very rare in the industry.
Fags hate it becaus MAL keep the Brootherhood anime at 1# spot.

You are watching the good version and not the shitty fanfic version made by the same guy responsible for Eureka7 AO, right?

Would you Lust or Envy?

>It's a good story with very few flaws which by itself is very rare in the industry.
See, this is the shit that gives you out as a MALFag who hasn't read or watched much.

Envy.

Attached: don't fuck with me man.png (376x326, 76K)

You're right, but you could also say that all sins are part of him. Also, he was pretty good in the flashback.

(>_--)

Lust. Envy’s a dude, and a T-Rex.
>t. Not a fag

2003 Envy, otherwise Lust