Was it really THAT bad?

Was it really THAT bad?

Attached: 0 Re-Awake scene.jpg (1200x675, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iJhp5U4ozpM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

0 is a complete dogshit. Even those who loved the original series hate this trainwreck.

If you call going from a 10/10 to a 2/10 "that bad" then yes

Not as bad as the live action adaptation of S;G will be.

Yes. The 0 VN was fine, but the adaptation messed everything up. Even the anime-onlies hate it.

s;g 0 was bad for about half way through imo then when it decided to pick up the pace i thought that it was not 2 bad.

Attached: 1580089007726.jpg (577x645, 330K)

It was a masterpiece just like S;G,

No, the 0 VN was not fine, it was completely unnecessary and borderline nonsensical.
Everything related to Kagari was awful.

It was shit just like S;G.

Best post. Agree.

How did they fuck up 0 in both versions so bad? There is such a simple story to tell here.
>Okabe depressed
>World goes to shit
>Okabe figures out how to save Kurisu
>Okabe not depressed anymore
>Makes the video
How the fuck did they mess up such a simple story with a bunch of random bullshit plotlines and characters?

>Okabe figures out how to save Kurisu
This is where they fucked up. They just throw a bunch of bullshit to makes up the "how".

Yeah, it really should have been the main focus, not an afterthought.

They abandoned the idea of actually telling that story in order to go from being depressed to making the video in a way that essentially just rehashes the beats of the original (without using that repetition to illustrate a new idea).

The problem is that the alternative is too daunting. A story about a depressed Okabe being eaten up by regret over the years as the world falls to pieces and eventually obtaining the resolve to change things by becoming a radical leader whose legacy is a final mission to provide the key to his past self would be much more difficult to write. Conceptually, it's a simple and powerful narrative, but actually fleshing it out and presenting it to the reader is another matter entirely. It would essentially only work as vignettes set over the course of years, antithetical to the type of "plotlines converging around one incident limited in time" narrative that both the original and 0 present. Because the staff wasn't competent to create such a work, they enfolded the story 0 should have been into that same framework. Okabe's life story is collapsed into a tidy event with time skips facilitating the abandonment of any need to span the gaps of years of progression.

The most unfortunate part of it all is that it would seem to rule out entirely a satisfying true sequel. The natural follow-on to S;G's true end would be charting Okabe's development into a radical leader in a world that hasn't fallen to pieces, but which still has innumerable shadowy organizations working toward that end. He knows SERN is still out there turning people to jelly trying to crack time travel, how long can he just ignore such atrocities? Will he be able to disbelieve the next conspiracy theory that trends on the net having seen proof of the reality of one? Unless they were truly just cashing in with 0 and didn't put in the effort, a worthy sequel to S;G seems beyond Chiyomaru and the gang.

I love the original but I still don't think 0 is as bad as what you autists think it is.
It was watchable and that is good enough for me.
Kagari is still shit though but I put my focus on Okabe's adventure rather than Kagari's bullshit.

>The natural follow-on to S;G's true end would be charting Okabe's development into a radical leader in a world that hasn't fallen to pieces, but which still has innumerable shadowy organizations working toward that end
DaSH is hinting towards this at least.

>It was watchable and that is good enough for me.
>I have low standards
We get it, buddy.

It gave us THIS youtube.com/watch?v=iJhp5U4ozpM so it can't be THAT bad, right?

Attached: ded627cf8afc334efd63deac0bb7c8433.jpg (1398x759, 394K)

Even the original R;N sort of hinted at it with the involvement of S;G characters, but that's the point. S;G "hinted toward" the narrative that would ultimately become 0, and they utterly fucked it up. The basis for 0 (defeatist Okabe has a turning point in the future due to his obsession with Kurisu and becomes a terrorist) even had the potential to lay out more of a thriller scenario in the future due to WWIII, which they essentially used in the dumbest possible way (ie making Feyris a gun-toting operator) that completely missed the point of what it would mean for people like Daru and Okabe to challenge the establishment. Suzuha turning out to be a highly trained badass was so impactful in the original because she contrasted with the rest of the cast and made clear just how shitty the future was going to be. Other than that, there's no need for action hero shenanigans in S;G. Daru is a hacker and inventor; he opens up new possibilities outside the reach of others. Okabe is a visionary and charismatic leader; he can show others new possibilities and motivate them to reach them. Nothing makes this more clear than the role their future selves had in opening the path to the true ending in the original. 0 completely misses the point, despite it almost being hardcoded into the narrative. The interesting hook about Daru and Okabe becoming serious about taking down the ruling system is that they would be fighting for the soul of humanity using weird gadgets and chuuni speeches to show others what alternative lies at the end of the road of rebellion.

A sequel on the S;G worldline would have to lean even more heavily into that characterization because open warfare and terrorism aren't on the menu. 0 should have been easy mode because the framework was already there and the hellscape future provided more leeway for invoking direct conflict to raise tension. If they fucked it up on easy mode, I don't really have faith in them being able to do it on hard mode.

Anime-only here, I love the original series, yet I despise 0 in every way:
>Terribad new characters (Kagari takes the cake)
>Unnecessary and forced
>Okabe is now one-dimensional
>Kurisu is a retarded AI, also not enough Kurisu who was clearly one of the best parts of the original S;G
>Shit-tier writing
>Horrible directing
>Lots of dumb fanservice
>No real purpose, compeltely lacks focus

You need to have a special kind of shit taste if you can like something this messy.

Attached: OkabeƗKurisu4.jpg (421x586, 263K)

>A true sequel set in the Steins;Gate worldline where Kyouma goes on the offensive against the 300 with Hashida and Kurisu at his side, somewhat like Mr. Robot with a checkpoint button
It's crazy but I'd watch it

Attached: e1856cf46487cfbe20b22cbffa27ac2d6.gif (498x278, 1.24M)

You forgot the worst part
>Shitting all over Mayuri's character development
>Giving Mayuri mega milk cow tits for no reason

Yes.

Another thing that a good sequel would do is ditch the time machines. The point of reaching the S;G worldline (other than saving Kurisu) was to seal away the chaos resulting from time machines. It'd be lame for the plot to once again revolve around technological time travel. It'd also be a stronger departure as a stand alone Sci;Adv entry if it included a new "focus."

Personally, I think a natural fit would be remote viewing and other psi phenomena research. The involvement of the CIA in the Stanford Research Institute's experiments (Project Stargate) and the Soviet equivalent program would tap the conspiracy angle. Part of the remote viewing research has found that viewers are not only unbound from place, but are not bound by time either, so a pseudo-time travel element could still be included that would be limited to gathering information from the past and future. The emphasis on information (rather than direct intervention through D-mails, time leaps, etc.) plays well into an arc for Okabe and the gang trying to shed light on conspiracies and launch a counter-cultural movement of rebellion against the controllers.

Have you ever looked into remote viewing's impact on the delayed-choice quantum eraser experiment?

based

Attached: 1544650727039.gif (220x220, 857K)

At some point, but I've forgotten the details. My project for the past year or so has been reproducing research regarding psychokinetic influence on random event/number generators, so I haven't reviewed remote viewing stuff in awhile.

You mean my consciousness directly affects shitty luck systems like loot boxes or drops in vidya? That would explain a lot.

>tfw no future brain lab with a bunch of Yea Forumsnons doing retarded experiments
It'd be a sausagefest anyway I guess

Attached: 880e2ee555d46b2242b84ecf2062044b4.jpg (475x700, 241K)

Possibly. The thing is that this research generally uses hardware random event/number generation (coins, dice, special circuits, and electron spin measurement devices), whereas a lot of "normal" RNG is actually pseudo-random due to feeding seeds into algorithms (software RNG). Even though this type of research has found evidence for psychokinesis in the form of statistically significant deviations from chance, the overall effect size is pretty small and so there is the possibility that the influence of the scummy vidya companies massaging their "random" generators would completely negate any effect from psi. Then again, there is some evidence to suggest truly powerful results from PK, especially from groups of people.

You should still go check out The Conscious Universe by Dean Radin and The Selection Effect by Herb Mertz.

I've wanted it ever since Steins;Gate aired, and it kills me a little more every day that it hasn't come to pass.

Attached: sometimes you make it snow in april.jpg (720x2223, 1.17M)

>Dean Radin
Is a spook who knowingly floods report full of false-positives

I found it just as good as OG Steins;Gate. Both are very good if you turn your brain off before watching, which is how they were intended to be experienced.

Movie is shit tho.

I feel so disappointed. My expectations were too high for zero. I wanted to see a series set in WWIII, where life forces the defeated Okabe to become a competent leader and figure out how to save Kurisu. What I got instead was something that I can live without. For fuck sake, the VN/anime told the story already in bullet points. All they had to do was fill in the goddamn gaps. Even I could do that. Imagine if 0 had been as well written as the original S;G. Basically that was the least I hoped for. Like if they ain't gonna go the way I imagined it, fine, but at least make it great. They didn't.

It wasn't a coincidence when the quality spiked in episode 8.

Attached: 75299207_p0.jpg (3307x4677, 1.59M)

It suffered from having no looming threat or stakes really, nobody went into it thinking they'd actually kill off Okabe.

It wasn't even remotely as bad as you retards say.
Unless you watched it dubbed like a true retard. Then yeah.

>sameshitting and having cancerous taste
Double the fail today, Johnny.

See:

I could understand if you just didn't like this series.
But if you're defending the dubs additionally, Well, just kill yourself.

>10/10
I don't understand the circlejerk this glorified haremshit with literal routes gets

>haremshit
Your opinion means nothing, retarded normalfag.

>haremshit
You're mentally challenged.

Bump.

It can be done out of order. Have one big story about future leader Okabe solving the problem, and then show a bunch of flashbacks about how we got to that point.

Yeah, it was fucking atrocious. Just a completely meandering mess of a plot, I should have known something was up the moment I realized all of the female characters suddenly had giant tits for no reason.

Going non-linear could indeed be effective for presenting such a narrative, but I'd go further to interweave the "present" and past scenes. Something like having an initial build up to Okabe placing an "activate it" call to Daru, then jumping back to show what the significance of their goal is, then forward to show the plan in action, then back even further to show what put them on this path, and then finishing with the result of their scheming. However, I'm not sure that would translate well to a VN format, unless you wanted to do some crazy shit with player choices in the present/future having retrocausal impacts on the past.

There are any number of ways that a good sequel to S;G could be made; the question is if we will ever get to see one of them.

He's right though you faggots. It even has literal routes: whole episodes dedicated to romancing every fucking girl.

True sequel where Okabe has to resist time-leaping every time something remotely bad happens when? With the 300 as the antagonist of course.

>you watched it dubbed like a true retard
kill yourself.

Never
Enjoy your live-action adaptation instead

God fucking damn it stop reminding me

Attached: f3e8c256f405a75e8deb3b6c2d678f8f7.png (472x407, 178K)

>the cast will be racebent
>Luka will be a tranny
>cultural context will be erased to make it palatable for normalfags

Attached: 1582163756624.png (451x572, 239K)

Both it and the original are bad.

Dumb dumb, don't you know you have discussion by breaking surface level "it's bad" comments with focused criticism?

Attached: 70ff0ed025fa1f231aadb4410714f5114.png (849x832, 693K)

Hard agree, dropped 0 after like 4 episodes because all they fucking do is have boring social gatherings

Never should have been made. S;G and the movie wrapped up the plot perfectly, everyone was happy, he got the girl in the end. It was exactly everything everyone wanted.

Imagine going into a fine restaurant and getting the best wine and the best steak, and then after you finish it they give you a lollipop covered in dogshit for dessert.

>Horrible directing
I feel people don't give this enought attention when the original series was good thanks to it even when though it had some plotholes (thanks to cutting plot points from the VN) and a not superb animation

I doubt they'll cast an actual tranny or a guy as Luka. Anime traps are just women that everyone pretends are guys.

>Skipped all the good scenes
>Showed all the extra SoL shit you though they would skip
>Made the good scenes they did show shit, like that ridiculous rooftop scene where Daru tells Suzuha not to kill CIA
I mean, 0 was clearly not as good as the original, but they completely drove it into the shit.

It fucking wasn't bad at all! At worst it was a solid 7/10

Attached: 1563026494523.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

>Hey look, this retard said he doesn't like S;G isn't that cool?
Fuck off

Attached: 1543975248904.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

read the vns

best scene

>Early on he outright says he liked having his dick groped in public
>Route ends on a kiss despite this extreme escalation

It was a decent premise, even if the ai thing is a bit stupid it was executed well enough for it to work. I actually liked the idea of a sequel explaining how Okabe actually got his shit together but there were too many unecessary things added to it. What really ruined it for me was the notkurisu, remove her and the anime would have been better. I don't even remember if she served any actual purpose.

>another user is interested in ESP research
My brother from another mother. I have abnormally good luck to the point that even people who barely know me call me lucky. In truth before my luck "strikes" I get a mental picture and an odd feeling of "knowing" it will happen before it happens.

>Luka

The whole point of them discovering time travel was how they were just some random college kids who got lucky while doing stupid shit and happened across a time machine. Having a sequel where they constantly find new phenomena would just ruin it.

Yes. His name is spelled as Luka everywhere in the VN.

The first half with punished Okabe and Maho is good. It goes to shit when Kagari shows up save the scene where Daru punches Okabe and THAT scene towards the end.

I'm glad 0 happened though, it's a great what if scenario.

I just finished original series +ova+movie.
I though it was a 6/10.
Is sg 0 basically what said?
24 episodes to show what happened to mad scientist in another timeline that led to sg original ending? I already had to turn off my brain to watch this plot hole filled story.

1) Name literally one plot hole
2) If it really is a 6/10 to you, don't even bother with 0

Yeah that's basically it

Quit samefaging. You already made your point before and got a reaction out of it. Don't pretend to be a new user, to get a new reaction. That's just pathetic.

>Name literally one plot hole
I have goldfish memory but example would be the moment Suzuha traveled with Okabe back in time to fake death of Makise. For some reason Suzuha told Okabe that she will see him in 7 years and didnt appear in 2010 with Okabe. Whappen.

Also the way the past influences the future sometimes doesnt make sense like why sending one d-mail always delays Mayuris death one day or why Mayuri always has to die in those timelines? time travel machine can travel forward this time? Author way of using butterfly effect as a plot device in silly ways etc.
My suspense of disbelief radar was being raped so i had to turn my brain off.

>For some reason Suzuha told Okabe that she will see him in 7 years
So you didn't watch the OVA like you said you did then? There's a rather long scene exactly for that.
Did you miss the entire (repetitive to hammer it into the heads of people like yourself) spiel about attractor fields and convergence or is having your brain off your default state of being when trying to follow a story? If you weren't being dense on purpose I'd be genuinely concerned.

Attached: 515e5bfbef48f4a8314ed372dee25d5a4.jpg (783x720, 100K)

>why sending one d-mail always delays Mayuris death one day or why Mayuri always has to die in those timelines
are you sure you didn't accidentally skip half the season or something?

>Did you miss the entire (repetitive to hammer it into the heads of people like yourself) spiel about attractor fields and convergence
Muh attractor fields, muh butterfly effect.
Im aware of how it works but as i mentioned its usage as plot device often triggered my suspension of disbelief.
>So you didn't watch the OVA like you said you did then? There's a rather long scene exactly for that.
OVA explained why Suzu dissapeared during time travel back to 2010? What am i missing.

>What really ruined it for me was the notkurisu

You mean kagari or Maho lol

Suzu never "disappeared"
Did you not recognise her during the extended cameo scene in that fucking bar? There was no reason for her to ever be a time traveller or freedom fighter or anything since the worldline is free of horrible events

Then i guess this scene just confused me. This 'see you in 7 years' seemed like a goodbye.

Also some anons like are bothered that i gave it a 6/10? Its a drama where some chuuni guy made time-traveling device using microwave and a phone. Hard to take it serious even when it tries real hard. I liked characters tho.

This is false, PK "researchers" simply claim that because a point (well within the margins of error) exceeds what would be expected with basic probability that PK exists. There's no such thing as a small effect, their either is or isn't. Any statistical regression shows that probability acts precisely as it should, no "conscious influence".

IT would be better.