Being serious for a second, will they ever recover?

>best comedy director dead
>best animator dead
>best character designer dead
>best (moe) character designer dead
>30 other animators dead (mostly key animators)
>remaining survivors suffers from PTSD and couldn't return to work
>main production building razed to the ground
>work culture and morale shatter with the culmination of the events above

Attached: logo.jpg (841x439, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iHV-sSBa4S8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The studio will likely survive. But it will never be what it used to be sadly.

Rip these boys.

Attached: IMG_20190912_071404.png (550x309, 271K)

>best (moe) character designer dead
That's good for the whole industry.

Let's be real. I never seriously wished them to be literally killed with fire. But kyoani was one of the most cancerous companies in japan.
They did a couple of gems like nichijou but it was just few drops in a heavy rain of shit.
In a certain way better off with them.

>best moe director alive
>best drama director alive
>(former) 2nd best animator alive
>best character designer alive
>most key animators alive
>sound designer alive

They will. But you should expect a lot more stuff like VEG coming from them. Given its success and how its director became an exec producer of the studio.

Attached: 67168713_p5.jpg (1000x1474, 150K)

Define recover. They'll keep going out of spite/pride/whatever, I don't think they'll sell off to another studio, but they'll probably downsize considerably. Less quantity definitely, dunno quality, but I expect the "brand" to still exist.

>best moe director alive
Oh yeah moe is sure to sell these days. Make another k-on clone and see how that'll go over well

Attached: 0106.jpg (338x330, 38K)

>That's good for the whole industry
>kyoani was one of the most cancerous companies in japan
elaborate

Not to mention they paved way for the cancerous trend of adapting unfinished light novels. We're definitely better off without them despite the tragedy.

sometimes question if these are actual sociopathic fucks or just edgelords

its time

Attached: 4j7d19pv6z031.jpg (1200x960, 106K)

The best moe director also directed Koe no Katachi. They'll be fine.

Attached: 1495912999781.png (703x581, 361K)

No and thank God since they killed the medium when they made lucky star. Maybe ten years from now anime will recover

It'll be hard but if any other studio can bring good young upcoming talent then it'll be Kyoani, I don't think the animation of the show will change it some newer Kyoani shows just might not have the same feeling it might take a couple of years to bring the magic back but it can be done with patience.

Attached: 1545299406564.gif (500x451, 123K)

I can already see it.
>Violet movie 2 airs in late 2020
>Violet season 2 announced in late 2020
>Violet season 2 airs in early 2024
>Denmoku production resumed in mid 2023
>Denmoku airs in mid 2025

It's gonna be rough to watch them go from yearly productions to one every 3-4 years.

They will but the recovery will take years. I can see their first new anime after the "return" will get a massive support from anime fans.

How is it their flaut that everybody follow the trend? Shouldn't you blame other studio for being dumb to follow them?

They got a lot of money, they can recover, but it will be different studio.

autism lets us see the world with clarity

The trendsetter is always to blame for being the catalyst for change.

kyoani can literally create the worst anime ever made and all of nippon would praise it because of these events. Its like cheering for the idol that lost both her legs to truck-kun returning to stage, sure she looks like shit dancing, but everyone loves the comeback for a week or two.

Yeah, it will just take time. As it is, for the next few years they could release a literal pile of shit in a BD box and it will sell like a motherfucker in an instant just cause of people's empathy for them, even worse since this news was of global scale so they'll also make a ton of money from licensing and shit in the west.
As much as the animating staff will be missed, they aren't nearly as critical as the project directors. And even if Takemoto was a very heavy blow, the rest of directors they still have alive could easily carry most studios right now, and they can still produce enough above average works to keep the studio afloat.
Also, with the working conditions the animation staff had, a lot of newer artists could strive and keep up the standards. It'd honestly be more surprising if professional artists weren't able to draw/animate above-average works under those conditions, since that's usually the main reason why others can't keep up the quality (too much outsourcing/always overworking very close to the deadlines/just shit working conditions overall).
Maybe not quite to the same level it used to have, but it should still be enough to outclass like 95% of other studios in that department and keep the business going.

First thing first: Then they produced most of the moeshit even before moe was even a thing. They fueled the most horrible trend of the anime/manga industry of the recent years. K-on was basically the evangelion of moe.
And let's not even begin about dragon maid, turned from slightly ecchi comedy into unsufferably slowpaced pedobait moeshit.

I stopped caring about Kyoani after their strategy switch from "two cours worth of series + possibly one movie in a year" to their more successful "2-4 series + 2-4 movies from inbred LN contest entries in a year". As a big fan of Haruhi, Nichijou, and the Key adaptations I'm glad that Ishihara survived, but as a whole I feel indifferent to the studio's situation and don't expect much from them in the future.

shitto tesuto

They just need to go back to animating key VNs and there's still more k-on to milk.

Literally free money from the desperate kyoanifags and empathyfags.

Yes but it'll be like nu gainax

There are people actively making art there as we speak, the studio is already in their recovering phases.
They lost a lot of good people, but kyoani is strong, they are already pushing through.

I'm still going to follow Kyoani's stuff, but I'm not going to lie. All my favourite people from the studio died in the fire.

How will they keep making Free if the chara designer died? I assume the animators have drawn the boys enough to get the design down?

They will recover but they are not gonna be the same.

Gainax 2010 onwards was literally nobody but yamaga and new recruits
kyoani lost many people, but they still have most of their core staff alive and working.

one thing I never really saw in all the chaos and scuttlebutt was a good, clear rundown in english of who died and what their roles were. I stopped checking after 3-4 cases of hearing something only to have it be retracted or contradicted

>responsible for the trend of animating bad novels
>responsible for making moeshit more prevalent than during peak otaku 90s
>responsible for popularizing overusing shitty filters
>responsible for popularizing the worst anime tropes
>made exact same show multiple times, none of them good (same as JC)
>on top of being a plague, fanbase is composed of LGBT manchildren that "literally can't even"

The ONLY thing they did right was fluid animation.
I'm not saying the people won't be missed, but their legacy was garbage.

Attached: 7d1aa49c0288d64a976895316433011c--galactic-heroes-manga.jpg (236x175, 7K)

What does the pineapple imply?

I mean, Kakifly is already doing a K-on clone manga. It's only a matter of time.

>Not to mention they paved way for the cancerous trend of adapting unfinished light novels.
I had no idea KyoAni animated Slayers.

Attached: 1414093957759.png (222x331, 142K)

tsurune season 2 in 2030

what i would do for season 2 of maidragon

without takemoto i couldnt really care less what happens to them at this point. i havent liked most of the stuff yamada has done and there wasnt really much else outside of those 2.

>Then they produced most of the moeshit even before moe was even a thing.
>before moe was even a thing
I can't tell if this is bait or not.

Attached: Nurse Witch Komugi-chan 203.jpg (640x480, 318K)

It's not.
Most KyoAnihaters are not only incredibly stupid, they're incredibly new.

Attached: 1256992198611.jpg (980x720, 200K)

So this... was anime... before KyoAni ruined the medium with moe... Woah...

youtube.com/watch?v=iHV-sSBa4S8