Ghost in the shell 4k

I'm planning on buying GitS 4k but i was curious whats everyones opinion on it compared to the Mondo version. Are the subtitles better?

Attached: 61tnHttjGgL._SL1000_.jpg (778x1000, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c9-oled
rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q90-q90r-qled
rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x950g
youtube.com/watch?v=xpQc8qjw84w
yedlin.net/ResDemo/
nyaa.si/view/989586
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gits bd release wasn't that great
dunno/doubt this release will be better
the best release for the movie is still a hdtv version
subs wise dunno

Do you know if this has the Pioneer dub? Is this shit released? I don't see any reviews on youtube

Attached: akira.png (688x547, 163K)

NVM just saw April 2020

kill yourself

you

If I'm not mistaken Mondo release had some poor subtitles or audio issues despite the cool steelbook package. It was some deal breaking issue because I never went for it, not even on sale. So yeah, wait for reviews on that 4K version. Chances are it's the best your money can get.

Someone posted a screenshot from a rip a few months back and it looked super dark. Wasn't a fan.

Here it is.

Attached: 1560236253260.jpg (3840x2160, 679K)

Question for ya lads; does any of the money spent on blurays/manga/merch that's not imported from Japan ever get to the hands of the creators? I vaguely remember something about them taking cash upfront rather than royalties but I could have made that up

That's a tonemapped HDR image, thus it's not going to have the proper brightness levels. Here's the same scene tonemapped to 150 nits using madVR.

Attached: GITS.jpg (2560x1440, 3.14M)

Correction, that might not have been tonemapped to begin with, thus the desaturated, dark look.

>4k
>anime released in 1995
You american consumerist morons make me laugh.

english please. I'm Canadian and retarded

It was mastered to a 35mm film negative, then scanned at 4K+ resolution (probably 6K). You ignorant morons make me laugh.

Attached: Ignoramus.png (1217x631, 1.18M)

HDR uses Perceptual Quantizer which is incompatible with SDR displays unless you apply tonemapping, which compresses the brightness so the image appears "better" depending on the tonemapping capability. You need to convert the colorspace as well. Without tonemapping it will look like that screenshot:

How exactly is this done? Does the type of 4k blu ray player and 4k tv matter?

The HDR capabilities of the TV is what matters the most, you either need a recent OLED or a high end FALD LCD. The player doesn't matter much outside of having Dolby Vision support, and some Panasonic players have their own built-in tonemapping feature that's designed to help with very bright HDR content played back on mediocre or sub-par TVs.

I was recently looking into buying a 4k tv. Any recommendations? You can post expensive tvs. Price doesn't really matter

If you're willing to take the burn-in risk LG OLEDs are the all-around best displays, if you're in Europe you also have the Panasonic OLEDS like the GZ2000 which is the brightest consumer OLED around. Keep in mind LG OLEDS are all identical with regards to picture quality from the C-series and up, only the B-series have shittier processors. As for LCD, raw performance you'll want to go with either a Samsung or Sony FALD, they both have their pros and cons. If you care about viewing angles, go for Samsung. If not I'd recommend Sony because Samsung doesn't abide by a lot of display standards and "enhance" the image in many unavoidable ways.

rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c9-oled

rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q90-q90r-qled

rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x950g

youtube.com/watch?v=xpQc8qjw84w

I love in Canada. Thank you for the recommendations

No problem. As for players I'd go for either the Sony UBP-X800M2 or the Panasonic UB820, the Panny is arguably better value though.

Thank you! Yea Forums really has the nicest people on Yea Forums.

Definitely get an OLED if money is not an issue.

The Japanese have access to all material released for a title, so they have the option. The Funi version on BR has both the Streamline and Pioneer dubs.

>buying
>buying upscaled shit

Interesting. Yeah I noticed the gits 4K says it only has the Japanese dub but people have posted they included the English dub. I just like having both dubs present. Hopefully akira has it all

We do need a list of all the "perfect" 4k UHDs or Bluerays.
Perfect Blue is on my list to get hold of atm.

Does Perfect Blue have a 4K announced?

>We do need a list of all the "perfect" 4k UHDs or Bluerays
I would be interested in such a thing

Attached: neckbeard.jpg (201x171, 10K)

Why 4k is a meme:
yedlin.net/ResDemo/

What you should download if you want a "visually improved" GitS:
nyaa.si/view/989586
>Koukaku Kidoutai | Ghost in the Shell (HDTV 1080p) [Judgment]

Some person on here was talking about it a few months ago, so i made a note thinking it was coming.
It is a shame as Perfect Blue is legendary.
My thinking was have a thread to hash it all out on the pro's and cons of the different versions.
Try to avoid the shitposting and try to produce a good image with the best Disks to buy.
First time i saw Perfect Blue it was on a VHS bootleg. I just want to see it "perfect".

And also, before you even fall for deeper videophile memes: don't bother trying to avoid 3:2 pulldown. The blur it introduces helps hide the awful motion of 24fps. Cinema solves this flashing black frames but there's no current home technology with decent BFI (black frame insertion).

Oh as an add i just checked and there is a stealbook blueray for PB but some sort of filter might have been used on it. Least that is what people have been saying in comments about it.

so you have to change this manually? whoever releases it doesn't just do this themselves?

The one from UK?

Seems so.

Whats your opinion on this tv? The OLED burn scares me.

Attached: samsung.png (1440x884, 506K)