Why are the current gen shonen protagonists this cringe?

Attached: inCollage_20190923_114433484.jpg (1920x1920, 1.13M)

From cringiest to least
1. Deku
2. Tanjirou
3. Asta
4. Emma

Attached: 1568164525953.png (400x400, 294K)

I need to catch up and read Black Clover, Demon Slayer, and Fire Force. Do I miss out anything cool in the respective animus if I just read the mango?

>cringe
Why are you so Yea Forums?

because you're getting old, times are changing, and you're still reading demographic that's aimed mostly for young boys

Not all of them

Attached: Chainsawman - 009 - Rescue - 9.png (900x1300, 627K)

There's nothing wrong with Asta if you don't get all your opinions from YouTube and from watching about 2 episodes of the anime.

Skip black clover anime except for maybe a few episodes where they extend the fights. Demon slayer anime is a must watch as it's a complete improvement over the manga except for the pacing. No opinion on fire force.

Nigger, not him, but I, as well as millions of other kids and adults alike, would rather reread/watch og Naruto over any shounen shit out rn. Naruto is still 10/10.

OG Tanjirou was less cringe but the draft didn't make the cut. Jump said it's too "dark" for main Jump so Wani changed the MC and some details.

1.5. Eren

Shouldn't Emma be number 1 or 2

I'm in chapter 160, it revolves around the aftermath of defeating Overhaul, which got attacked afterwards by the league of villains, Deku stops dramatically and thinks in shock: "was this because of me?" while the teacher Eraser Head has to reassure Deku he is not responsible for the attack of this piece of shit. He has his moments but holy fucking hell Deku can be so cringe.

Attached: 1471056694646.gif (352x264, 1.26M)

>selfless to the point of suicide
>short, messy hair
>cry a lot

Is this peak shounen?

>Cringe

Cringe.

came here to post this, based Denji

They aren't all.

Attached: 1546136170929.jpg (800x800, 223K)

>can see the future
CRINGE

>demographic
Well strange how adults can still enjoy say Goku or Ichigo.

tanjirou isint cringe tbqh

Attached: 1561873105809.jpg (429x410, 37K)

>can see the future
CRINGE

Because one of them is literally one of the chaddest in japanese literature, so his chadness is balanced

Attached: 1557311951227.jpg (800x800, 93K)

Asta is based.

The current gen isn't much worse or better than most things before it. You just grew up. some people didn't.
>adults
You mean man-children.

>Cringe
Never make a thread ever again.

I don't know much about Kimetsu guy, but he seems pretty ok, the best out of these guys.
Asta is annoying and bland, but he works good for his story i guess
Deku has no fucking character at all, is more of a self-insert and doesn't affect the plot(if it exists) in any meaningful way.
Emma is just straight up horrible, just like all Neverland characters(not that currently it has more than two pieces of furniture you can call "a character").

Tanjirou is actually good

>no Eren
>no Senku

Well well well

Attached: Eren and Jaw Titan.png (655x827, 698K)

t. BCkek

how the fuck did you even come to this conclusion? Or you are just spitting garbage for the sake of it?

Tanjiro is alright.
Emma is pretty damn shit. Better than furniture like Ray, I guess.
Deku is the worse of the bunch.
Asta is obnoxious in the anime, a little better in the manga. Still shit.

Not only Ichigo, all of Bleach character disgust me. They're trying too hard to act like tough guy.

>still enjoy Goku

Goku now is a pale imitation of Goku 20 years ago. I'd still enjoy Freiza Saga Goku compared with fucking DBS

>O MY SEVEN QUIRKS
>O MY DEMON BOOK
>O MY BREATH OF SUN
Emma's okay though.

Attached: 1567527998401.jpg (481x401, 36K)

>I don't want to kill demon

Fire Force isn't that great. I read it after hearing the hype and it's just nothing all that exciting. It's the same author of Soul Eater and it's that same vibe, like it's very cool and alien on the surface but ends up feeling redundant and stilted. A lot of the characters are memey.

>the current gen shonen protagonists
2018 was a blessed year for the WSJ protagonists.

Attached: 2018.jpg (1200x635, 242K)

How can every manga be more like SnK?

How can every manga be more like Naruto?

The art is superior to most shit nowadays tho

Imagine being older than 19 and still reading/watching shounen shit.

I don't give a shit about MHA but Illegals is a pretty damn fun read. At this point I just read the main series just to not miss out on characters that might be relevant in the spin off.

Neverland is great too even if Emma being a moralfag makes her a bit annoying.

Oh yeah, all 3 of them started the same year. Good taste user.

They are already trying, but instead of copying the aspects that made it good either copy the bad ones or copy the good ones in such a mediocre way they end up bad.
So no, they should stop even trying. If I want to read Naruto, i go and read Naruto, not its mediocre rip off number 2564

How is /ourboy/ Asta cringe?

Nigger, I'm 29. In 40 years I'll be a retired old coot sitting in my shitty budget apartment and using my Apple iBrain to beam the latest episode of "Superb Shounen Samurai School Shenanigans" straight into my brain while using parallel thinking to simultaneously access the NeuroNet and call your grandchildren faggots with shit taste on 4channel.gov.

Attached: latest[1].png (406x463, 89K)

this is what I felt as soon as I read the first chapter of black clover

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MADA-DA I'M GOING TO BECOME THE HOKA- PIRA- WIZARD KING

Same, but for MHA

What? Why is Tanjirou there?

KnY is mainstream now thanks to the anime, so it gets to participate in the special olympics of shitposting and console wars!

because japs are feminine beta males

From my experience, its usually the opposite. Most of my frineds and me loved shounens as kids. Then we entered the teenager edgy pretentious phase, where dumb shounenshit is not allowed, we only watch intellectual shit and soft seinen. Then you grow up, stop giving shit about all of that, laugh at edgy schoolboys and go genuinly enjoy Naruto, Bleach and other olders

Honestly I really enjoyed reading KnY until the later chapters where it became completely battle oriented.

My problem with MHA is that they have 100 characters I don't care about taking important time away from the interesting developments. It's like they expect me to like them simply because they are the MC's friends.

Gentleman's arc made me care more about him and La Brava way faster than the entirety of class 1-A.

Could anyone predict Kimetsu becoming this popular with normalfags?

I watched 10 episodes of kimetsu and don't get the hype. Its like a downgraded version of bleach. The best character of those is Emma but her series seems rushed by some shonen jump editors.

They are just boring, normal kids. I honestly couldn't care less about Jirou's musical career.
Thankfully, the series now started trying(JT arc aside) to compensate for that with other characters. Now that i think about it, Naruto with the exception of something like Chunin exams and Sasuke retrieval used to be much more about the adults. Seriously, find that one art by Kishi with his most relevant/important characters(except for Guy and Shikamaru), and you'll realise that only 5 are kids and like 17 are adults. I think MHA now has realised the mistake and tries to tie more mature characters, but can't help but feel torn because it can't drop the students completely. Thus, Joint Training.

>I watched 10 episodes of kimetsu
It's ep 19 that makes normalfags interested in the series.
>but her series seems rushed
I think Kimetsu feel more rush than Neverland.

Fpbp

I don't know the decision to make the sister fight demons because she is under a spell felt like moronic writing to me. It would be better for her to come to that conclusion on her own.

>tfw shonen mc is such a chad that he punches everyone who pisses him off, even if theyre women
wan piss has definitely declined in quality over the years, but luffy's chadhood has stayed the same

Attached: tenor (1).gif (220x141, 122K)

Denji is a bitch of his female boss what the fuck

the only that's worth something is Asta, Tanjiro got cucked by his own sister that stole the show and Deku is a bitch hat inherited Naruto's biggest problem and none of the good parts

>wan piss has definitely declined in quality over the years
if you only watch the anime, yeah.

BC's is cringe as fuck. MHA's is just your everyday teenager. TPN's author makes his look incompetent in front of the Keikaku Chess Master High IQ He Was The Coolest Guy™. Haven't read KNY.

But you posted peak edgelord cringe.

Now that I think about it, Itadori and Denji must be (together with Senku and Souma) the only non-manlet Shonen Jump characters in this decade

Norman coming back ruined Emma a lot to be very quite honest.

>Itadori
>Height 173 cm
>Weight 80 k
Hnnnng

The background decoration MC from Neverland is 170cm at 13.

Even Yonagi is tall-ish. For a japanese female schoolgirl at least.

Attached: rt4ySv3.jpg (1850x1300, 928K)

Already more than 170cm. Deku, Asta, Tanjirou, Hinata, etc etc are less than 165cm

Denji is more than 170cm too I think

Kamio Yui MC should have almost 180 cm