Obligatory LOTGH thread

Finally finished LOGTH for the first time. Shit was really fucking good but am I the only one who found Yang's death to be really underwhelming compared to what it felt like it should have been?

Attached: 1565288102755.png (640x478, 392K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qOkseGyQAjQ
youtu.be/_tahy3B9QTI
youtube.com/watch?v=8nt7L3_eVVs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty much that was the point. No heroic sacrifice nor last stand. Just a pointless death.

That's the point. He deserved better but didn't. It's like Kircheis' early death.

Attached: Yang smaller and cuter.png (500x375, 151K)

Made me tear up a bit, so I wouldn't it was underwhelming in the emotional sense. In the thematic sense it wasn't a fitting end for the undefeated magician but it was the entire part of the narrative, that even the most important people can face mundane ends.

> be yang
> kids himself he's going to study history in the military
> constantly wines about his lot
> great historical and military genius but can't foresee betrayals by his own countrymen
is there any character dumber than this shithead?

I guess that makes sense but Kircheis had a death that actually had meaning. I know the story of LOTGH wasn't about being a story where everyone gets the perfect ending but it still pissed me off he died to some earthfags instead of something remotely important.

He knew that his government was corrupt, but the only way to stop their betrayal was by overthrowing the democratically elected government. If democracy was replaced by a pro-Wenli military junta, then he would be no better than Reinhard.

I guess that's where its hard for me to understand since I align more with Reinhard's view of government than Wenli's but I can at least respect him holding onto his ideals and not folding. Although that is another thing they talked about in the show if a leaders pride was really worth the lives of the men willing to die for him

>Revolution of the heart starts starts playing
>youtube.com/watch?v=qOkseGyQAjQ

LIBERTY STANDS FOR FREEDOM

Attached: 37cb1f42d848778b80df288d25f246232079319e_hq.gif (500x263, 500K)

youtu.be/_tahy3B9QTI

A TOAST

Attached: BucockCheers.jpg (640x480, 41K)

It's been over five years since I watched LOGH but I remember that by then the battles were getting more and more ridiculous. I also haven't read the novels but the story goes downhill after they leave the death star for the second time.

One of the main points was that the benevolent dictator is better only for the life of that single man. The next in line almost invariably screws it up worse than the democratic government. So because its unreliable and untenable, democracy is preferred.

Did anyone notice how gory it got after episode 50~?

It's fucking shit. Kill yourself for making this shit thread. Do you faggots take turn in finishing this show? There's a thread almost with the same caption

Everyday there's at least one person finishing LOTGH and that's dangerous

It gets worse when you consider that some people are finishing LoGH while some people are finishing LotGH, so you can end up with both in the catalog simultaneously.

*TING TING TING*
AHEM
I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE

Attached: Reuenthal_toasting.png (700x375, 330K)

Reuental did nothing wrong

Yang was actively trying not to become another Goldenbaum.

I definitely did a double take the first time one of those ships-blow-up-just-like-every-episode-but-this-time-you-get-graphic-peon-intestine-dragging scenes came along

Attached: mfwliberty.png (700x527, 196K)

Are you new to anime?

Not "new" but newer. Started about a year ago

Excellent series, too bad it ended at episode 82.

My favorite part of the show was Yang and Reinhard outmaneuvering each other so that episode kinda killed the series for me even tho I preferred Reinhard as a character and I preferred his ideology

fuck women and fuck oberstein

Yang Wenli was my favorite, so even though I knew it was coming his death really broke me. I am starting Gaiden in these days, hope to get my fill like that.

Attached: 1565303384823.png (960x738, 706K)

I'll have to get around to watching that myself

Well it's always good to see someone watching the classics for the first time,be sure to watch Evangelion my newfriend

Yeah I still need to watch NGE, Death Note, and a few other of the "must see" classics

Based t b h, but so was Oberstein. They hated him because he was right.

Except for that time he got Kircheis killed.

I loved how sudden it was, there was no build up to it, you just went in thinking it's just another battle with exploding ships and it just hits you with the reality of the human cost. And like the other gory battle scenes, it never lingers or beats you over the head like "this is truly devastating, look how terrible war is". It's just a sudden sobering reminder that there are millions of people dying untimely and ignoble deaths, in stark contrast to the romanticism of fighting displayed by the commanders.

Reminded me of my first deployment in Afghanistan. It's one thing to observe a building going down from up in the sky, with the dust cloud and smoke the only discernible features. It's another thing to see it up close, the bodies strewn about and contorted like some kind of warped dream.

He was right most of the time but he also didn't really have any sense of morality and I think for reinhard and many of his subordinates morality sometimes took priority

Attached: Yotsuba_e827e6_6914321.jpg (1200x6121, 1018K)

>not posting imperial theme yet

The fuck is wrong with you.

youtube.com/watch?v=8nt7L3_eVVs

Attached: 54hr2h23f5i01.jpg (940x724, 66K)

Except this never happened
Cool spook

There's always someone who gets rustled over someone liking things.