Can we at least agree that Deen had better character design?

Can we at least agree that Deen had better character design?

Attached: deenvsufo.png (708x792, 679K)

Oh, boy. Here we go...

Can we at least agree OP has shit taste?

Yes

I guess I prefer Shirou with a chin, but otherwise don't really give a shit

>liking rhino noses
>good taste

How could you possibly think this OP?

First row: left looks retarded, right wins
Second row: left is cute, i don't like right, best is the prisma illya hag version, left wins
Third row: right wins, left has the same mentally stunted appearance that first low left has
Fourth row: either is fine
R:2,L:1,Neutral:1
Right wins, sorry OP

>no big moe eyes
>no rhinos
And overall face shapes are closer to the VN

I'll take Ufotable's designs over DEEN any day.
"Rhino noses" was a shitty forced meme you were tricked into repeating because you're an impressionable child who jumps at a chance to feel part of a collective, even if it's at the risk of your self-respect.

>>no big moe eyes
Excuse me?

Attached: bug eyes.png (369x136, 111K)

Ok rhino

Attached: 1413528665583.jpg (564x400, 74K)

Here, let me show you how it's done

Attached: fixed.png (1062x792, 1.01M)

While pleasant, Gohan's style isn't really suited to the main story of Fate - something that is oftentimes extremely unpleasant.

Only Shiro is better

Left had no money.

Right is rolling in autism shekels.

I like the overall style of DEEN more, but ufotable looks much better in motion

I really hate the weird glossiness of Rin's hair in DEEN's works. Does she dip her hair in oil every morning or something?

no

Animation aside, the Deen anime was executed better.

Deen Rin is better, Archer and Saber look good in both (I kinda prefer Saber in Deen but I think that's mostly nostalgia), Shirou looks way better in Ufo style.

10 Posts Posted Seconds Before Tragedy

Only when it comes to Rin

I prefer DEEN but only because it is more close to VN while Ufotable looks nothing like it.

Being anime-only for this series is such a waste. Ufotables Anime version was produced in the mindset that everyone had already read the story or at least knows what happens in Fate route.

I agree with you, user-san.

The fucking people here, I tell ya...

No, it really was not.

saber and archer look better on the right
rin looks better on the left
emiya looks retarded on both

>Ufotables Anime version was produced in the mindset that everyone had already read the story or at least knows what happens in Fate route.
Go fuck yourself with your misinformative bullshit you sack of lying turd. Shut up.

Yeah but for some reason's my dick prefers ufo's designs

Sakura is delicious in the hf movies

She sure is compared to this

Attached: faa7e5d3c98c0ab62195f427fa6ab629.jpg (546x900, 48K)

>Ufotables Anime version was produced in the mindset that everyone had already read the story or at least knows what happens in Fate route.
Except it was the complete opposite.
They produced it in mind that the audience had only seen Fate/Zero.

DEEN Rin>>>>>>>>>>Ufotable Rin
Ufotable Saber>DEEN Saber
Shirou is fine in both.

Attached: 1568083360192.jpg (1920x1080, 78K)

I really like that DEEN Shirou. The eyebrows really do wonders for his expression, can't say exactly why.

Yah

Only thing I can agree with is that Archer is sexy in every Fate adaptation. He is perfect.

Attached: 1434320188642.jpg (310x288, 51K)

Imagine Rider and Sakura in that outfit domming you

But why are there so many fan artists who can't draw his face properly?

They literally skipped Fate for that exact reason stupidheads

And because they skipped fate and made Fate/Zero they had to adapt it in a way that it would still make sense for anime onlys. But the creators have not and will not give a shit about how ruined the story is for anime onlys because its only purpose is to animate the shit that the fans want to see (fights etc.).

t.

I thought they skipped Fate because they "wanted to show respect for Deen"

Deen had the better soundtrack too

>But the creators have not and will not give a shit about how ruined the story is for anime onlys
Because they didn't and everything in UBW and the anime is internally consistent and you lose nothing important from the anime adaptation you fucking dumbass.

It was somewhat like that but the inital plan was to adapt Fate but they came to a conclusion that everyone knew what the fuck it was all about and it wouldn't sell that well and UBW and more potential.

Going for Fate/Zero to begin with was also a sign that they didn't care about how the series would look like for anime onlys (not like they should desu altough some choices in the making were retarded). The series is a giant pig shitting cash and with F/GO and all that stuff, the original visual novel really is only a side product at this point. Anime onlys are experiecing non-relevant F/GO stuff before actually enjoying an actual faithful Fate adaptation, which originally was suppose to be the base of the whole game.

And they will most definetely adapt Fate, saying it was about solely respect is pure bs. It is all about money in the end.

Also Nasu himself also tought that the original Fate route had some faults and he has said that for the possible future adaption he will make some changes.

Don't get me wrong. The story itself is still basically the same but the way it is structed is so wrong. Saber being Arthur Pendragon was originally a twist, Fate/Zero being the first adaption also spoils a lot of the other routes in advance and ruins the story in many parts. Fate/Zero was purely meant to be watched AFTER all of the 3 routes. Not first in any situation.

> you lose nothing important from the anime adaptation you fucking dumbass

Don't get me started how badly Heavens Feel 2 ruined Illya by skipping almost every scene she was in. You are just straight up wrong. The anime adaptation sucks in comparison.

Muh nigga, I've found you at last!

Attached: 1408675720368.jpg (351x429, 48K)

>lose nothing important
oh boy sure feels like 2014 in here

If we played the VN like the HF movies, Shirou would have died to Illya from a
>lack of love

Exactly and here I was hoping for them to adapt both of the endings (like in UBW) before I watched the second movie and now I know it is unlikely unless they the force it in anyway or change something.

Attached: räntäntän.jpg (800x600, 105K)

What do you think was missing from UBW anime?
They'll probably make a Normal Ending OVA and add it to HF Bluray, like with UBW

>generic anime face
>blades for hair
Let's agree to disagree

>They'll probably make a Normal Ending OVA and add it to HF Bluray, like with UBW

I hope that they will make it logical so that it doesn't come across as a random "what if" scenario like I remembererd it was with UBW anime. Since all of the endings are canon, they should keep that in mind.

Yes, Ufo's hair is much better, but their faces are pretty generic too. At least Deen ones are closer to VN.

all the bad ends for one

Most of Shirou's internal monologue, but I can't really fault them for that. Screwing up Shirou vs Gil is something I can fault them for though

One Sparks Liner High adaptation plz.

Attached: unknown (5).png (267x531, 205K)

>internal monologue
I think they did a pretty good job on portraying how he's fucked up in other ways
>getting a flashback after ayako asks him why he never smiles
>rin having to restrain him when he claws the ground and loses his sanity while gil performs FATALITY on ilya
>thousand yard stare after burying ilya
>Screwing up Shirou vs Gil
What was wrong with it? I think it was very well done.

Plz enlighten me why Shirou vs Gil anime was bad. I think I skipped through it because I expected it being boring prolonged fighting.

>What was wrong with it? I think it was very well done.
As an action sequence for sakuga? It was very well done. As an adaptation of the final fight of UBW? Not so much. The VN's fight was a close gripped evenly edged match, any hesitation Shirou would have shown would've killed him. The anime makes Shirou look like a servant jumping into the air 30 feet and doing sommersaults. He had way too much breathing room when Gil was doing nothing but fucking around at a distance

>jumping into the air 30 feet and doing sommersaults
This is what practicing high jumps does to you kek

I actually very much agree with this

Remember the part in the school after Rider and Bitchboy try to take it over and kill anyone.
That completely fucked look he gives to Rin.
That entire scene and that look said far more then all of the overly wordy inner dialogue that was diarehad onto the screen in the VN.

How about Carnival Phantasm? For the purpose of the show they were imo great.

Attached: fate-series-carnival-phantasm-wallpaper-preview.jpg (728x410, 87K)

user, if they didn't go full over the top with it(which sort of flys in the face of the subtle yet powerful deconstruction of the shounen hero) then the entire fucking scene would be logically absolutely fucking retarded.

There is no fucking way on earth that you can show Shirou doing anything except being shredded like a piece of meat by hundreds of swords being hurled at him at once.

Fuck you if you think the 5'5 or whatever skinny twink shirou beating and even holding his own against the 6'6+ 250 pound archer would look like anything except silly bullshit if they didn't go over the top with it.

If you are upset that it didn't show LOGICAL ways for him to win then you're working from a very illogical frame of mind then friend.

>There is no fucking way on earth that you can show Shirou doing anything except being shredded like a piece of meat by hundreds of swords being hurled at him at once.
Did you forget how he was copying them and throwing them against those shot at him?

I mean was it really that bs tough? It wasn't physical fight anyway so size didn't really matter. Shirous abilities are great when against Gil.

The fight was also kind about how Gilgamesh looked down on Shirou and it made him get cocky and lose his cool when it was clear that Shirous abilities were much greater than he thought.

No. Deen did at least have a better send-off for Archer though.

>The anime makes Shirou look like a servant jumping into the air 30 feet and doing sommersaults.
Better than Shirou using UBW, then just projecting Caliburn and fighting Gilgamesh 1v1 without shooting swords at all like the DEEN movie.
Like why the fuck did he even use UBW at that point?

They exaggerated Shirou's abilities sure but it's anime.

Why are there so many DEEN sympathizers/history revisionists?

The UBW anime was perfect, end of story.

Attached: [Kametsu] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works - 24 (BD 1080p Hi10 FLAC) [883743C6].mkv_snapshot_ (1920x1080, 177K)

None of the studios gave the perfect adaptation the series deserved. UBW isn't a standalone story and it needs two of the other routes supporting each other and Ufotable ruined the way it works.

Attached: 8464934a.png (374x331, 119K)

It wasn't perfect, but it was good and the best Fate adaptation

>perfect
No, but it was damn good for the most part.

Attached: 73d954e002e89348fc0bb56d00fdc65e.jpg (1920x1080, 204K)

>And overall face shapes are closer to the VN
The VN art is shit

>perfect
>asexual to the point that it takes away from the characters and makes you think they're robots or something
>also shit soundtrack

You are 100% correct and my brethren

Attached: Archer53.jpg (450x578, 182K)

I wouldn't say perfect but it was as good as a TV adaptation can get, I think. Heaven's Feel is perfect.

The only problem is that it's an incomplete story without Fate as well since the routes aren't actually self contained.

Attached: true end.jpg (800x1198, 306K)

>Heaven's Feel is perfect

You forgot the part where they skipped Illya

Attached: 1567070000857.jpg (283x353, 33K)

The only one who looks better is Rin.

If that were the case, they would have skipped UBW too since DEEN made a movie for it.
They just skipped FATE because one of the key staff members wanted to do UBW instead of it.

deen designs were close to 90s massive chins style. No one likes that shit anymore

Based, fuck fate

I like to think Wada fucked him up pretty bad.

Attached: DSwpi5sU8AABoUL.jpg (1200x1200, 94K)

It was of you remove the bondage sakura part.

illya ruined this series

zero and ubw adaptation ruined this series

Deen's Rin is the only one that looks better.

The worst part of DEEN/Stay Night was the out of place shoe-horned comedy.

They should have used Gohan's character design in Sakura's dream sequence.

sol comedy, sex, and random bad ends were essential to the VN but was cut out in most of the adaptations and as a result spawned rabid fans that think fate is an ultra serious series

No one unironically thinks fate is super serious, right?

Deen had thicker eyebrows and less shading.

>6'6+ 250 pound
These aren't even Gil's stats.

Deen's not a bad studio but honestly all those designs look like they have down syndrome