I must've missed the discussions about Promare...

I must've missed the discussions about Promare, 'cause I've only found evidence of its existence on this website on .
Am I the only one who found the CPR scene that turned into a make-out scene disingenuous? I'm fine with characters discovering their homosexuality, I'm fine with firefighters being shirtless, but something about this particular scene was discomforting. This development in Lio's and Galo's relationship should've happened sooner or not at all, in my opinion. Should I have expected as much from Trigger? Am I a homophobe because of this?

Attached: 3557122-pro_usposter_a_dates+hashtag_062419.jpg (2064x1126, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.4channel.org/a/archive
youtube.com/watch?v=jPCLhSseIb8
verywellhealth.com/why-mouth-to-mouth-during-cpr-is-not-necessary-1298415
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I’m going to make a promare thread that isn’t this one.

Why the everliving fuck would you use the term homophobic unironically

Hello newfag. We've had Promare threads ranging from once a week to daily on Yea Forums.

Hello and thanks, Yea Forumsnon. What's the board's consensus on this movie, if any?

Reception seems positive so far. I personally loved it, and I've never loved anything I've seen from Imaishi.

Use the archive.
boards.4channel.org/a/archive

Gotcha. I also enjoyed this movie over-all. I'll remember Promare for its energy, character development (other than what I've already mentioned) and aptitude in balancing eccentricity with drama.

Lucia is sex.

You sound insecure and paranoid dude
Shit wasn't even that gay

I mean you could consider it a make-out scene but I still see it as CPR. I think it's really up to interpretation.

I still don't know if this homo talking is just another meme or if the movie is actually lowkey gay bait. I always assume the former and laugh at it since it's usually Yea Forums overreacting, but I did so with Yuri on Ice and the newer transformer comics too and remember how that had turned out.

I really enjoyed Promare, it was fun to see it in theaters and I can't wait for it on Bluray [or you know, sites whichever is first and how fat my bank account is].

It wasn't PERFECt but its a great fun movie to watch especially with friends, or randoms.

Plus the soundtrack is fucking great.

Theres one scene thats basically CPR but its dude on dude, but its not like, GAY BAIT. But theres a budding friendship between them and you know, shippers love that. It doesn't go full gay or anything and hell there arent any relationships in the movie outside of friendship and or family.

Huh, I remember people calling it bad, though. Specially for that Deus Ex Machina in the lake or something.

Man I wish so much I could see it but the BD will take a million years to come and my country is too fucking lame to realise it exists and consider a screening.

You may have misread, people often posted their theater was laughing (in a good way) over that part.

I am so sorry, because honestly its such a great movie with a crowd.

Wow what I was laughing during that whole scene. You wouldn't actually write a deus ex machina to be called deus ex machina unless you literally were self aware of how much of a deus ex machina it is.

This basically.

>op states he was browsing /y/
>"make out scene"
>unironically uses homophobic

>replying seriously
>replying at all

Attached: 1469207208681.png (283x268, 72K)

>I am so sorry, because honestly its such a great movie with a crowd.
I wish the mentality that cartoons are niche shit would finally change but I doubt it will ever happen. Every shit tier cgi will get 4+ weeks of screening time but even hits like Promare or Your Name will only and at the very best get one single screening in some garage during an anime event and nothing else. Somehow the people simply decided that nobody would ever watch cartoons and you cannot change it anymore. Of course nobody is watching it if you have to regularly check specific anime related sites and then pay to reach one certain city in your country that shows it on 9 PM on a monday.

Something something ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

The entire dynamic between the male leads is nothing out of the ordinary. It's the typical sort of combative clashing of personality, circumstances, and ideals for these stories, along with their eventually friendship and teaming up to beat the final boss. Even the CPR scene isn't really all that strange, there's similar sorts of jokes in other series.

Yeaaaaaaa I wish we got more foreign films of any kind, not just anime either. Gimme all of em, I'm getting tired of most American cinema. Most of it is Super Hero movies or Disney/Pixar shit, gimme some really fun stuff and out of limited runs. My area had like 3 theaters nearby showing it as an "event" but like, then when its going into normal showings the only theater close is... fucking new york city and im stuck like an hour away?

nice trips, and hey at least it was fun shitposting.

Yeah basically this. Hell the only reason Galos is embarrassed isn't because it was a kiss, it was because it was the first time he had to "light a fire", given his job as a fireman or w/e it was called. .

>Most of it is Super Hero movies or Disney/Pixar shit
The problem is that this shit is established and has a fixed but big fanbase that will wade into every type of these movies no matter how samey they are. You can literally clone a movie and just call the characters differently or change the enemy and they will pay for it again. Maybe even "fanbase" is the wrong thing, most of these people would never touch a marvel comic for example, it's simply some casual ritual by now and the easiest and safest way to make money so nobody is even trying anymore.

Honestly I just want more options, and I was super glad to see Promare. Sadly the theater wasnt entirely packed [but I went on the sub night because I worked on the dub night, plus i wanted to hear the original VAs... who am i kidding i wouldve gone both nights I'm trash] but I think theaters should at least try to push more things.

Anyway, I loved Promare, why the fuck isnt the BEST SONG ON THE SOUNDTRACK???

youtube.com/watch?v=jPCLhSseIb8

Because it's in a separate single release.

Because it's a song from a different artist.

You know what fair its good enough to warrant that.

God when it plays when Lio returns to the city and is burning shit as the crying dragon it was so fucking good I almost cheered for this upset twink to burn down so many people.

>disingenuous? I'm fine with characters discovering their homosexuality, I'm fine with firefighters being shirtless, but something about this particular scene was discomforting. This development in Lio's and Galo's relationship should've happened sooner or not at all, in my opinion. Should I have expected as much from Trigger? Am I a homophobe because of this?

The fact you and a lot of othe people didn't realize this going to be fujobait to the highest order really shows the naivete or ignorance in a lot of guys watching this.

How many times does it take to realize the new norm is:

- many dudes in cast -> fujo bait
- many chicks in main cast -> split between self-insert harem fags or yuri fans

Its unnecessary to use mouth to mouth while doing CPR.
verywellhealth.com/why-mouth-to-mouth-during-cpr-is-not-necessary-1298415

That being said, it's not like he was trying to kiss him alive at that moment, he was just trying to replicate what lio was doing to that girl.

When is the 4DX screening in Japan so I can stalk fujo twitters to see if they let you smell Lio's sweat in the theater?

Attached: __lucia_fex_promare_drawn_by_kibadori_rue__2f93c22162b137c930e0fcbf948a8cbe.jpg (690x1445, 113K)

I think the movie wasn't even worth the time I spent watching it.
Trigger kinda of lost their way desu. And to think THIS is the anime that "kill la kill and gurren lagann fans would love to watch". Maybe I just became old

Attached: 1464297432314.jpg (710x475, 177K)

This thread taught me 2 things

>Promare is out
>Promare is a movie

>Bruh I don’t dislike gay but eveyrtime I see one I have urge to kill him. I’m homophobe?

Where's the fucking bluray rips

>op literally states he was on /y/
How do you retards fall for the dumbest baits.

Is the Bluray out in japan?

Look at it this way:
>one main character is the delicate balance between gay barabait and seme fujobait
>the other main character looks and dresses like a literal trap
No shit it's for fujos. Nothing wrong with that though, this movie was a good example of fujopandering done right. Would rather have content like this over more generic, SoL garbage fluff like Free or Yuri on Yuri on Ice any day of the week.

Also this

DFC

>galo
>seme
lol

shit taste
or depression, user
it was a visual landmark in blending 2D and 3DCG at the very least with a quality OST

sadly its gonna be a long fucking time before the lucia doujins come out

Attached: 75130250_p0_master1200.jpg (792x1186, 730K)

In all honesty, what PROMARE acheived was more on a visual level - it's the best-looking thing Imaishi has made since Dead Leaves. In terms of depth/plot, he peaked with Gurren Lagann.

I think I am going to go see it again this week. I still have two special events passes from AMC from when they couldn't get Millennium Actress to play.

Attached: __aina_ardebit_and_heris_ardebit_promare_drawn_by_f_luo__ab231c52c65ac6c193fe19380c49bb60.jpg (1075x1518, 779K)

fuck off

When will a torrent of this with subs be up? I don't have time to go see it in theater.

It was just a cpr kiss. They're not even together.

Never ever, but a camrip may come up soon. I'm going to see it in an empty theater and will see what I can do, I've seen rips of scenes but they're filmed with a phone

It's the first time the CG modeled scene didn't stick out like a sore thumb, though I'd put it down more to the entire art direction, animation, and overall style of the movie being designed to allow for such things while also being visually striking. Still, the CG wasn't as shit as the other movie like this I saw in a theater, Expelled from Paradise.

>"This development"
Galo saw Lio try to save a Burnish girl by doing the same thing and so he tried it himself because CPR was obviously not working. Sure, you can take it as fujobait but it was a Chekov's Gun and any pretext you gather from it is solely headcanon until proven otherwise. And sure, you can ship them, it's a one-shot movie so it's not like anything will be followed up on, but don't misconstrue the context here.

The single with Lio's theme on it is on Spotify and also has the song from the credits. Just look up the artist.

Best you can expect for a while is a camrip and even then, it'll most likely be low quality and filmed through a phone. Just wait for the BDs because a lot of what makes Promare work is its visuals