Gankutsuou: The Count Of Monte Cristo

Is it good? What do you guys think of it

Attached: 75e3e2c075e621cb76e0aabdfa58f7dd.jpg (1000x1453, 296K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1l-sWaSCI5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Beppo is best girl (male).

Attached: snapshot20070824183848.jpg (640x352, 34K)

I loved it and I think it's better than most traditional adaptations of Monte Cristo.

it is rather epic

It's very good, in my top five.

Haydée is one of my favorite character designs ever.

Attached: Haydée.Tebelin.jpg (1280x1024, 670K)

SO TONIGHT I'LL SING A SONG TO ALL MY FRIENDS

ALSO TO THOSE WE WON’T BE SEEING AGAIN

It is a better visual experience than a story.
The Novel is better if only due to the lack of any vampires.

I love her hair

Attached: haydee__.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

It's trash because nips couldn't handle an idea that an avenger can be a main character and totally justified in his revenge. So they made Dantes a fucking villain, and the most annoying and retarded guy the MC. That ruined everything.

Dropped this shit when the MC kept blushing at the Count, shit was gay.

That's what makes it so good

It's one of my favorite anime of all time. I'm fine with the liberties they took, the space opera angle was cool. I find it hard to agree with people who complain that it doesn't follow the novel 1:1 when it clearly wasn't meant to. If you wanted an adaption of the story played straight then why would you watch the one that turned it into a space opera in the 5000s? Its visual aesthetic stands out, and the presentation and direction are striking. I like how expressive the character's exaggerated, theatrical movements are, too. And speaking of the characters, their designs are great.
There's always the obligatory complaints about Albert being the protagonist but I thought the perspective change was interesting and it was a fresh take on classic story.
Lastly, I can't talk about Gankutsuou without bringing up that soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=1l-sWaSCI5A

>an avenger can be a main character and totally justified in his revenge
Did you not actually read the book? Edmond's obsession with vengeance wasn't treated as healthy and he ends up changing his ways.

It's better than the book. I love Dumas, but TCOMC is highly overrated and nowhere near his best works.

I loved it.
I think I rewatched it once every year for 5 years.

Attached: 3613-386509517.jpg (222x262, 17K)

Still one of my favorites

9.9/10 anime

We really need to make webms or gifs of Gankutsuou. Half the beauty is the characters in motion.

I loved it because of that. It wasn't glorifying revenge, it showed how revenge causes collateral damage to innocent people.

Beppo has a penis.

One it's based off a real story rather than some trite garbage LN. Two the characters are portrayed perfectly, the count is one of the best characters I've ever seen.

Hilariously true to the book.
Beppo's a trap, Haydee has dark blue hair, and the Count is compared to a vampire

>what do I think
does the fact that despite my shifting taste throughout the years I've had this same pic as my desktop background since I watched this 12 years ago

Attached: thumb-1920-299510.jpg (1600x1200, 524K)

>Is it good?
Yes
>What do you guys think of it
It's good

wtf how dare you have good taste

This. Not into that faggotry