Monogatari series sucks

Why do you guys have such a big boner for this shit anime? The world is weird and the plot is meandering as fuck. Nothing new about character conflicts and how they are explored.

Attached: Bakemonogatari.600.2623417.jpg (600x533, 90K)

snail>doll>bat>birb>bee>cat>math>>powergap>shit>kaos>>>cosmicvoid>snek>>>spaceAIDS>crab

the writing sucks but the character designs are great and the erotic scenes are fantastic

I don't know, thought it was boring as sin.

I've been trying to watch owari for a long long time but god it is fucking boring

All the daily threads for the past 10 years were just a ruse to trick you into watching it, no one actually likes it.

I think its on the opposite of eva where all this girls are sort of character studies but is cluttered by visuals ,symbolism, quirky hijinks,perverted antics , japanese folklore and words words words so basically it feels like the characters were developed first then the story where for eva its the opposite

How can one man be so based?

Its about supernatural waifus and each waifu gets several arcs.

Attached: [Kirin] Zoku Owarimonogatari 02 [BD1080p].mkv_snapshot_06.48_[2019.09.22_10.35.06].jpg (1920x1080, 731K)

read the manga, it's superior

>be OP
>hear how deep and intelligent some series is
>watch it, don't understand anything.
>am I retarded?
>no, that's impossible, I know I am a genius, it's the show that is actually retarded and I'm the only one who knows it.

Op, stick a fork into a wall socket, it will make you even smarter.

Based.

I always liked how there is some global scope in the Monogatari story but everything is told within a frog perspective.

Tell us what you think is good then

I like the music, that's all.

When I was young, I was smarter and loathed anything like monogatari. I felt it’s like a garbage made by big enterprise which is the embodiment of mammonism.

But nowadays, I’m completely NEET, watching Hentai Anime, listening to British Metal, definitely degenerated. So now I can understand people like monogarari series. There’s no true pain nor true love. People who want to seek momentary pleasure love this sucks. I couldn’t understand its pleasure until becoming a full grown disgusting man.

>watch bake recap
>remember how much better it is than the sequels

1st seasons had original style and interesting art direction, it got old with the upcoming ones though.

Wrong.

/thread

it's fun

I never said any of that. Now I am certain you believe you are smart and genius and like anime for being "deep" and whatnot. You also think anyone who doesn't like what you like is low IQ.
Kek what a pathetic life

Oops Meant for

No, I'm pretty sure he just thinks what he wrote, which is not at all what you wrote. But thanks for proving even more how dumb and petty you are.

bird best girl.

Attached: 1508105968247.png (1600x1200, 963K)

Fuck twin tailed bird, marry fuwa hair bird, kill braided hair bird

Based

Attached: 1402254156702.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

>Why do you guys have such a big boner for this anime
The girls. That's it. It's an ecchi harem show, basically. Not hard to understand.

Attached: 1548163817148.gif (224x224, 395K)

fuck Sodachi, marry Sodachi, kill Sodachi

Attached: __oikura_sodachi_monogatari_series_drawn_by_watanabe_akio__386016b3e3133b98d79b5168ca82b10a[1].jpg (2122x3000, 547K)

Based. The animation is ugly and choppy and the girls look pasty

Watch it again. Then watch the latest isekai anime and compare the animation.

It goes above and beyond the basic harem show. You get multiple waifu moudo like loli version, they all change their hair and clothes and have minor archetype evolutions. You wanna see x waifu doing y? It delivers.

Attached: lolikawa.jpg (1920x1080, 779K)

Probably pervs just wanting to fap

Truly based

I love monogatari. It may not be deep, but I feel Luke every arc whats to tell you something. Don't care if it is my headcanon, that's what makes most shows great.

>kill the bird

Attached: birdie.gif (560x360, 1.09M)

Bottom right is best bird.

>MC is retarded enough to hook up with an abusive, bitchy, entitled girl in the first arc

That kinda killed all appeal of the series. Would have been better if he had told her to fuck off.

> /threading your own post
Op is right. Other than top tier character designs monogatari is bad. Even Bunny Senpai is better than it

rrrgi is a pussy, without her he'd still be a kissless virgin

Attached: [Edo] Zoku Owarimonogatari - 06 (1080).mkv_snapshot_29.50_[2019.09.22_21.26.51].jpg (1920x1080, 510K)

>waaaah my waifu didn't win the MCbowl dropped

Math has a weird middle aged woman voice.

Almost any other girl would have been better.

all the other living girls are more of less mentally ill
pic related is the only better choice

Attached: __oikura_sodachi_monogatari_series_and_etc_drawn_by_nestea__d816f9596d1f5bdf900c95205176aa12[1].jpg (1807x3312, 1.25M)

>oikura
>not mentally ill
Not only is she crazy, shes completely mindbroken

Attached: Owarimonogatari - 03 [BD 720p 10bit HEVC].mkv_snapshot_10.02_[2019.09.22_12.38.55].jpg (1280x720, 301K)

I like it. Fun character interactions. Characters have some depth to them. Each story has a little twist to it. A characters faults are reflected in the oddity of the story, which is an interesting way to force characters to grow.

Monkey a best

It's literally just cumbrains.
None of the threads are about how good the story is, it's just coomers and waifufags spamming images of the girls.

and yet she was the only one who didn't end up using oddities to deal with her problems
truly the best girl

Attached: Oikura.Sodachi.full.2426479[1].png (1447x2039, 1M)

He still is. Just not a kissless one.

Attached: 1554862390151.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

The manga is unironically 100x better than the anime.

at it's heart this is a show about growing up and mental health issues. watch the show with the Kaiki view, that the "oddities" are all made up, and you'll see the message really quickly. The oddities are the vehicle to mate Otaku-culture with a standard "coming of age/growing up" tale. this is a classic genre that touches people on an emotional level throughout the world.

Attached: dentalhygene.jpg (1024x575, 34K)

The show has been talked about to death already. Nothing more needs to be said. After 10 years most fans of the series on Yea Forums understand what’s going on without needing to have some big discussion. Not that it was hard in the first place, it’s just talking about the themes of a story when everyone already knows what’s going on is redundant. So only subjective stuff like waifuposting gets talked about.

It feels like it said everything it needed to back in the first season, and everything afterwards has been Nisio just rambling to keep the money rolling. Nisemonogatari was even admitted to be just a collection of ideas Nisio never intended to try publishing, and it ramped up the ecchi and started everything rolling downhill. Nisio's best works have always been made under heavy restrictions, like when he forced himself to write one part of Katanagatari a month for 12 months. Otherwise he just puts out a stream of consciousness that's occasionally interesting conceptually. I cannot imagine what it would feel like to watch all of Monogatari at once at this point. There's no way it was designed to be digested like that.

The dialogue is retarded tho, other user is correct.
T. 130+ IQ

The dialogue relies heavily on japanese wordplay and mythology. Despite that, the english translation is still very much passable and definitely not "retarded".
t. 138iq

nu- Yea Forums would unironically prefer bunny girl to monogatari, a blatant copy whilst not bad, fails in comparison to what Nisio makes

You are a retard

Old Yea Forums would prefer haruhi over shitty monogatari

I basically marathoned it last week. There is a distinct tonal shift after bake. Bake is like 50% waifus 50% supernatural stuff. Everything after is like 80% waifus.
I still absolutely enjoyed neko white and snails arc.

Attached: Nisemonogatari - 10 [BD 720p 10bit HEVC].mkv_snapshot_18.05_[2019.09.21_13.31.14].jpg (1280x720, 311K)

Actually, Nisio says that about almost every novel he wrote. Either that it wasn't supposed to be published or that it is self-indulgent. That does not mean it is difficult to understand or absorb. In fact, Nisemonogatari is the worst example you could possibly give, because Nisemonogatari was made to be the ending of the series. The climax of the story set up by Kizumonogatari and Nekomonogatari is in Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari was the epilogue and aftermath of those events. What is unnecessary is what came after, because both Second and Final Season just repeat the confrontation Araragi already had in Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari in a more upfront manner, but the ending is the same.

Dissapearance is kino, but the rest is decent

makes viewers feel intelligent. same thing with hunter x hunter fags. makes them feel they aren't watching the the generic harem/battle shonen.

i think we can all agree she's worst girl, correct?

Attached: Kagenui.Yozuru.full.1011524.jpg (566x800, 113K)

>Nothing new about character conflicts and how they are explored.
Except you know, 2nd second going deeper with Cat and Snake's issues and Hana showing a completely different side of Monkey. Or Owari helping you understand Ougi and by extension Arargi more.

I dont mean that but a pseudo intellectual word sallad written by a brainlet that makes no sense sometimes. Happened few times and made me cringe every time.
Also trying to be too deep when its not. Also characters thoughts and internal conflicts werent expressed well enough if at all.
Besides, all the romantic suspension in series is gone since its obvious he d stick to crab.

u might say the dialogue is too contrived, but i cant find anything it fails at.

Cat, Snail and Monkey are deepened, but Araragi is not. Owarimonigatari is just Nisemonogatari 2.0 and Ougi wasn't necessary at all.

The fact that you think the internal conflict of the characters is not apparent is enough to say that you really ought not to be criticizing narratives when you don't have the capacity to understand what makes them good in the first place, brainlet.

This, fucking brainlets

What the fuck are you trying to say?

>t. shinobu

Are you retarded? Why would we have active discussions when there's nothing left to discuss? Same with Fate, Evangelion and what not

Who are your top 3 girls? Mine are Cat, Monkey, and Math.

Attached: EDEpMgBXoAAoYxD.jpg (236x288, 17K)

Kaiki, Araragi and Oshino

Monkey and Snail are so far above the other girls for me its hard to choose a third, maybe Bat

Attached: Anime-Monogatari-(Series)-Kanbaru-Suruga-Oshino-Shinobu-2733449.jpg (1050x1400, 601K)

cat, snail, crab
>inb4 t.nisio

Attached: bestgirl.jpg (1272x708, 98K)

Finally decided to read Otori after so many rewatches. The theme of a never-advancing love is just so appealing when mixed with the unreliable narrator perspective, as well as the finale in Koi.

>crab/snail
>favorite of nisio
math is a known favorite of his. ill give you cat cause how much he writes of her. if i were to guess another favorite it would be bat cause he's written of her the most.

Why is literally every monogatari thread made by a fucking brainlet complaining how the show is overrated™ cos he's too dumb to understand the narrative and nuances of the characters?
>i...it's all waifufaggotry
Fucking manimefags I swear. You faggots get off to feeling "mature" than actually understanding the story. The very idea that a series with hot waifus can be complex, intelligent and profound bugs you because it doesn't let you feel like you're a 200+iq intellectual. Replace all the girls with fat ugly vomit inducing middle aged men suffering from oddities due to their internal conflict and you retards will be hailing it as the most kino anime in existence

Snek >>>>>>>>>>>>> powergap >>>>>>>>> Cat > Monkey

>You faggots get off to feeling "mature"
This could be said for both sides.

but math doesnt even come into the story until much later

Bat=Crab>>>>>>Spook
Snail if Spook doesn't count

Monogatari actually has a complex plot unlike garbage like Lain, Paranoia Agent Or Texhnolyze

this is bait

Why? Because you read about how deep and mature these shows were in a "Top 10 anime for adults" list

I don't think how much he writes them is indicative of how much he likes them. He obviously really likes both of them, just that their role in the story means they're not included as much.

Are you baiting? Genuinely can't tell.

My impression was that Cat was Nisio's scrapped idea of a girl protagonist.

whoa so deep and complex :)

Attached: muh deep.jpg (480x2750, 307K)

No genius, I am not. Have you even seen them?

of course he is, no one with a brain would have that opinion. He's just trying to rile you up.

What's your point?
Also

literally kaiki

>pfft bro he is baiting. Only dumb people can think that these mature and deep stories for adults are bad. Fuck monogatari and waifufaggotry btw

it has cute girls

Sodachi, Sodachi and Sodachi

>monkey that low

Off-season never because Shaft's dead.

> Dissapearance is kino
3 hrs about nothing.

Lets take the moral of the story at face value and ignore its relevancy to the characters!

Absolutely and unabashedly based, with a poised look

Attached: smug fucking doll.webm (1280x720, 353K)

>OP
>doesn't even know how to follow reply chain
>still feels like giving unsolicited opinion on series regarded as the top of it's field
based californian public schooler

shit taste

I liked the series but this hasn't really occurred to me before. Need to rewatch it.

>kaos
?

the oddities arent all made up, it was just the one in karen bee

Only have space for Cat in my heart

Those are entirely different musings from, the latter stemming from a real and structured argument between schools of reason, while the former is typical Yea Forums level retardation

Crab, Snail and a Monkey

Attached: Koyomimonogatari - 04 [BD 1080p HEVC AAC] [CCE1FB43]_0019.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

>pad the fuck out with shitty dialogues to bloat the one page content to 300 pages
Basically what nisiosin does in monogatari. it's actually very simple and shallow if you strip the ornamentation.

the measure of a show is how hard it makes my dick

monogatari is pretty much the best anime up to this point in time

Attached: 1566955675243.jpg (494x621, 27K)

>Nothing new about character conflicts and how they are explored.
This isn't even a fucking sentence.

Imagine.

Literally nothing is deep, and people should stop thinking things that are deep are good. You could read a philosophy textbook, or watch an anime series. One will give you far more information, but the reason we'd ever go to anime is because it connects with us more. What really matters is how well the themes are executed, and that's why anyone really cares about depth at all.

The series is JUST character development, the issue it is hidden behind meandering dialogue and fanservice, if you actually listens to it you see. Case in point the second chapter of Bakemonogatari is one of my favorites in the whole series, in tells so much about Crab`s character and stays relevant for the whole series and it is brought back in a clever way later

Attached: pat2.gif (498x210, 1.59M)

I think what he means is that character study is boring and generic. Monogatari is full of worn-out tropes in new flashy attire. If you like the style then you'll like the show but the essence is very simple and shallow.

OP is clearly a retard that doesn't know what he's talking about. What kind of a complain is "the world is weird"?

>One will give you far more information
Lmao philosophy is bullshit and useless

Monogatari world building is indeed weird as fuck and nice field for asspulls

>I don`t like SHAFT`s way of presenting backgrounds

Attached: zfgzfg.png (1920x1080, 3.98M)

This shit ruined zaregoto

I see, so OP is the type of person that gets baffled and keeps wondering what a castle is doing in the parking lot

Attached: [MTBB] Zoku Owarimonogatari the Movie [7F37267E]_0131.jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

OP probably never watched a single other thing from SHAFT, on his autistic mind he thinks somehow this is how the world building is presented if he knows this was based on a novel, and that`s a big if

all stories are "worn out tropes in new attire", or subversions, and we know where the slippery slope of subversions takes us. being able to execute good storytelling is neither simple nor shallow, otherwise every story should be well told.

So is anime though.