Revolutionary Girl Utena

I finished watching the Utena anime and just what the fuck exactly?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1024x768, 182K)

They turned the metaphor into the actual plot at the end.

What did being the Rose Bride mean?
What was up with the coffins in the Mikage arc, was he literally using corpses to make the black roses or something?
Why were there random segments of Touga, Akio and Saionji being gay as fuck?
What was real or illusion?
Was Anthy really a full on magic casting witch?
What happened at the end?!

Fag bait, also people turning into cars, because japan

will the movie explain anything?
where did the sword storm come from?

It's been like a decade since I watched it, but from what I understand, the Rose Bride thing was sort of a controlling scam, and the entire fights and implied sex they had with people in the cars sort of meant they were controlling and using them abusively. Utena disappearing at the end meant that she stepped away from the "cult".

...again, been like a decade, so I probably misunderstood the whole thing.

She revolutionized the world.

>Why were there random segments of Touga, Akio and Saionji being gay as fuck?
That's just normal Ikuhara shenanigans

The show, not that movie.

I was talking about the show.

The rose bride was something for people to project their desires upon, so that Akio could tempt them. The whole affair was real enough to the participants, that's all that matters. And in the end Utena managed to show Anthy that she didn't need to be part of it all any more.

Attached: 1512786172088.jpg (640x634, 165K)

On the topic of Utena, someone unearthed and translated an in-depth interview with Ikuhara from 2000 about the influences of the show. There's some pretty surprising names in there, believe it or not. The system thinks the link is spam so just replace the signs.
>ohtori(dot)nu(slash)creators(slash)actualsexuality

I've only seen Terayama's Throw Away Your Books and Grass Labyrinth and they were really nice. I loved how surreal Labyrinth was.

>What did being the Rose Bride mean?
What do YOU mean?
>What was up with the coffins in the Mikage arc, was he literally using corpses to make the black roses or something?
Those were the corpses of the kids from Nemuro's experiment. Yeah, probably he had some sort of resource to take from them to produce the Black Rose rings.
>Why were there random segments of Touga, Akio and Saionji being gay as fuck?
Because it is the imagery of Touga and Saionji being corrupted by Akio and, probably, adult world
>What was real or illusion?
The World of Academy is the realm where Akio had the power over everything. The power source was Anthy. By their power combined, the destroyed Nemuro hall got recreated back, as well as Nemuro-Mikage himself was brought to life (according to VN, Mikage is a spirit of a dead person, just like the VN antagonist Chigusa).
And after Anthy left, Akio has lost his power.
>Was Anthy really a full on magic casting witch?
She was a sort of an ancient deity, as well as Akio. Real Anthy is preserved in the coffin, while a projection of her wanders the halls of Academy, kinda like Kel'Thuzad's ghost in Warcraft 3 when he follows Arthas.
>What happened at the end?!
By sacrificing herself, Utena helped the Real Anthy to leave the coffin. She has fulfilled her goal and was put sent back in the Outside World. Anthy got her power and will together sometime later and left the Academy, rendering Akio powerless

Well that was a biggie.

It's sad that they never put that idea of Anthy and Utena jousting anywhere exept for opening

Come on guys, don't let this thread sink!

I'm think that was supposed to be part of the finale but it never made it through.

I wonder how would it fit in the finale. And probably they thought that it won't fit either.

Who was the best boi?

Miki.
The only one who never got raped.

Wasn't akio the one doing the raping hence never got raped?

Unironically Akio.

There is no revolution, grow up, and the real irony is lusting for revolution is what keeps you trapped in adolescence in the first place. justburself
That's what Utena's about.

>There is no revolution,
Just because you don't see it, it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

basically it's all you need to know about third wave feminism

You guys miss the entire blatant point of the show.
> the real irony is lusting for revolution is what keeps you trapped in adolescence in the first place
There is no revolution. There's no hidden revolution. There's no slightly different revolution. There's no post ironic revolution where the real revolution is walking away from the academy.
It just doesn't exist, because it's antithetical to the living in the real world message of the show.

C'mon now

Attached: kazami.jpg (300x325, 27K)

Good directing wasted on a poor story and message.

Yet leaving the adolescent shell and stepping out into reality is to revolutionize the world, in that it revolutionizes your world. And while that may not seem like all that much all said and done, to you that's, well, the world.

Attached: 1368332721848.jpg (413x446, 40K)

Fuck this guy. He was an entitled prick.

Oh, this nigga. And Tsuwabuki.

>Tfw you will never meet a girl who would look like Anthy and let you put your head on her hips on a lazy summer day

What's poor about the story and message?