What are the shoujo cliches you are tiredof

We're always talking about shounen cliches and the like what about shoujo cliches?

Attached: Kabedon.jpg (500x746, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangadex.org/chapter/162095/1
mangadex.org/title/16757/sangatsu-wa-ore-sama-ni-narimasu
youtube.com/watch?v=gBVuAGFcGKY
mangakakalot.com/manga/evergreen_tea_shop
manganelo.com/manga/secret_crush
mangadex.org/title/36841/the-problem-of-my-love-affair
mangakakalot.com/manga/bg918050
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mangadex.org/chapter/162095/1

I'm not really 'tired of' the bad cliches I often see in shoujo manga because they rarely ruin a decent series. Rather, they're more like warning signs that tell me not to waste my time on low quality schlock.

when the author gets arrested for owning child erotica

Yea Forums doesn’t read shoujo

based quads

>I CAN FIX HIM
I hate this trope in any piece of media. No, if a guy is a "bad boy" asshole, you're probably not going to fix him just by being his girlfriend. This attitude leads to many abusive relationships in the real world.
Fanfic writers are especially guilty of this.

The story is unnecessary stretched because of some forced drama, love triangles, misunderstandings, characters not being honest, internal conflicts and back & forths.

Every shoujo could be perfectly told in 20-30 chapters, change my mind.

Attached: 491v5.jpg (964x1513, 179K)

Misunderstandings are the absolute pits in shoujo more than any eh nandatte harem

We should put together a list of relationship lessons learned from shoujo manga, i.e. a guide for shoujo male leads on how to win the bowl. There's a lot of great wisdom in shoujo manga like "when she says no, it actually means yes" and "the more you abuse her, the more she'll depend on you".

Male love interest either being a rapist or psychopath.
Maybe that's just Josei stuff.

is there a shoujo manga bingo card?

Hardworking girl with average looks x asshole prince character. Every manga that has this is an instant skip for me no matter how good people say it is.

MC being everyone's emotional sponge/therapist. It's nice to be an emotional rock sometimes, but it feels like their whole world would fall apart if she wasn't there and would never get better, which bothers me if they don't have any other support systems.

Pic related just makes me want to see scenes where the pinned does literally anything to get out of the kabedon, like walk under their arm or tickle the or something.

Attached: SangatsuWaOre-samaNiNarimasuCh2P17.jpg (870x1236, 737K)

I wish more of this could be translated
mangadex.org/title/16757/sangatsu-wa-ore-sama-ni-narimasu

Yea Forums LIVES shoujo

Are we talking strictly romance genre here? Because I love girls playing sports.

>He/She kissed me!?
>What does that mean?
>Does he like me?
>Maybe he/she is up to something?
>Was it a misunderstanding?
>That's what friends are doing right?
>I don't understand it at all

Wow, seriously?

Attached: HiroMaoKiss.jpg (869x2618, 1.02M)

shoujo

Attached: 1559261500826.png (600x810, 745K)

>Series ends when they start dating

>Rapist becomes best pals with the gang because he's sorry about raping the heroine

FUCK OFF

Me too, it's somehow more interesting than most series about guys playing sports.

What shoujo manga are about sports?

quads have foretold this

That trope is usually when the male character is a playboy right? It can be kind of understandable

Crotch kicking is overrated

Lots of classic shoujo manga cover sports. Aim dor the Ace, Attack no 1 and Attacker you

I mean physical violence is great and all, but I mean anything else. It's already an overused punchline to subvert the typical romance moment with a punch or something.

>Love rivals
>Dumb/"naive" female MC
>Asshole male MC

Speak for yourself faggot

We should make one

>Supporting friends turn out to be a love interest.
and
>Unrequited love

Attached: 17824678423.jpg (879x2500, 1.58M)

In Yuri everyone is lesbian if not proven otherwise. Maybe in Yaoi too idk.

Attached: KS.gVJZ86fG.png (1440x540, 393K)

When they make one of the female friends a pointless love interest is the worst. Why the fuck do people do that?

Something that I want to see in media from anywhere in the world is proper male and female friendships. Not every male-female relationship has to become romantic, but Eastern, Western regardless they never do it right.

>proper male and female friendships
It did became romantic but in the very end of it

Attached: 34.png (764x1200, 173K)

Seen this one before a couple times, I guess I'll move it too the front of my backlog, thank you.

You're welcome
Our precious conversions was also great at the beginning, I'm not sure how I feel about it current direction though it's too early to judge.

Ouran High School host club is a masterpiece; Haruhi is a man amongst men.

The manga went to shit, anime is masterpiece however.

actually she was the one doing the kabedon.

one of those rare cases where the adaptation is better

has anyone got that manga where the girl has a normal family but all her panels are drawn in stereotypical shoujo charicature?

I can get behind the idea because it's a dumb love story but what I don't get is how the female lead pretend to change the asshole male lead if she constantly allow him to do anything he wants, it's always running after him no matter how badly he treats her and friendzone the "nice guy". In any case, it looks like the asshole lead should continue being an asshole because he's doing great, everybody likes him that way including FeMC

It's not THAT popular but the premise of the male lead being a sweet innocent kid in his childhood but then after the timeskip he return as a cold bitter asshole and the heroine is constantly trying to save him because he was such a nice kid like 10 years ago irk me in the wrong way. It's just me

Shoujo suffers from the same shit everywhere.

>MC has to choose between slightly more romantic guy or slightly more masculine guy
>MC never actually bothers choosing until the very end
>MC is really just an observer, never actually does anything or makes any decisions for herself
>entire plot is structured around her romantic decisions

Josei is far more horrific, but that's a topic for a different discussion.

It's been done

youtube.com/watch?v=gBVuAGFcGKY

>Something that I want to see in media from anywhere in the world is proper male and female friendships
In Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Chiyo and Mikorin are best friends

There are a ton of works with platonic male-female relationships between the main cast, but you shouldn't expect it if there's only a male and female MC as the focus

>MC never actually bothers choosing until the very end
Actually I'd say shoujo does a good job of having characters get together halfway through, the problem is that they will have some retarded drama forcing them apart and back together and then apart, etc.

Technically Nozaki-kun isn't shoujo. It was published on a web magazine that aimed to different demographics but it happened to become popular among girls

After the 3rd or 4th time, what I get is that it isn't worth it and the main couple should just break up.

>different demographics
>isn't shoujo
It includes shoujo by than

quads of truth

Yeah I know but the guy said "media from anywhere", not just shoujo

He means that Nozaki-kun is a shounen manga

>He means that Nozaki-kun is a shounen manga
Yeah, it's stupid claim because it's not puiblished on shounen magazine

Uwasa no Midori-kun. It's very cliche (female lead had a childhood friend who used to be a sweet kid but turned into a rapist asshole, she crossdress as a guy to join a soccer team because reasons, she meets a nice guy who is very supportive to her but she's constantly being "raped" by the asshole, etc). Very ecchi though, a lot of pantyshots and tits despite the audience were teen girls. Also the nice guy actually win at the end

Attached: Uwasa_no_Midori-Kun_full_232679.jpg (1024x768, 869K)

The only difference between shoujo and josei is magnitude. Everything bad about feMCs in shoujo is amplified in josei.

>instead of making poor choices, she makes idiotic choices
>instead of doing very little to improve her situation, she does nothing at all
>instead of choosing the guy who bullied her for her bf, she chooses the guy who locks her in a cage for a month
>instead of romance being the central point of her life, it becomes the only point of her life

It's some heinous shit.

I wish there were more good crossdressing shoujo manga like Hana Kimi though female MC was annoying and stupid

The fact it got 3DPD J-drama instead of anime still hurts.

Attached: Hana_Kimi.jpg (298x445, 34K)

Protagonist is born into wealth and power and privilege but is portrayed as an underdog or sympathetic simply because they have a few rivals or people above them ignoring the fact they're fucking nobility

Girl is completely passive simply receiving attention and obsessive love for no real reason from multiple men at the same time.

Men interested in the protagonist will never lose interest and move on after seeing that they have a veritable harem of suitors

Rape

Rape as the ultimate expression of love and desire

Protagonist that seethes at the superiority of their rivals and rather than working to better themselves simply undermines the success of others

Boring mary sues

Completely unjustified hatred and sabotage from relatives for the sole purpose of making MC look more sympathetic and perfect

Most shoujo shit is more paint by numbers than even cultivation garbage

Japanese housewives know that they can't expect love or any sign of caring from their husbands because they must work for the emperor and even if they have time, they prefer to fuck schoolgirls. This shit has been going since the Meiji era, the early translations of romance novels made a huge impact in Japan precisely because Japanese young women already knew they couldn't expect to live anything like that. The point is nips gonna nip

I guess its like a shonen romance vs a seinen romance, where the tits and ass are amped up, but the maturity of the male isn't really changed.

The J-drama was good because the actor who played Sanou was busy at the time so he couldn't appear that much, therefore Touma Ikuta and the weirdos from the school carry the show

>she chooses the guy who locks her in a cage for a month

what manga was that again?

>instead of getting kabedon-d, she just gets actually raped

>Protagonist is born into wealth and power and privilege but is portrayed as an underdog or sympathetic simply because they have a few rivals or people above them ignoring the fact they're fucking nobility
In shoujo?

Quoting Hideaki Anno, Japan is a nation of children. Things aren't better in the west

Attached: manchildren epidemy.jpg (640x814, 108K)

Where the fuck have you been, duder?

FeMCs being born into wealth and privilege is a staple of fiction aimed at young women.

If you thought shonen fantasy and isekai was bad oh boy you haven't SEEN how garbage the shoujo shit is

Cute. Source?

>Men interested in the protagonist will never lose interest and move on after seeing that they have a veritable harem of suitors
Something I really liked from Marmalade Boy is that Ginta moved on from Miki very early in the show, despite the OP made it look like the love triangle for the entire run would be Yuu/Miki/Ginta. Unfortunately the show was a big hit so they added more and more love triangles

>>generic male isekai MC: becomes an adventurer starting from the lowest rank and goes from killing goblins to dragons collecting a harem along the way
>>generic female isekak MC: born into high ranking nobility, protagonist fucks her way to the top, often has an arranged marriage to a powerful and wealthy ikemen who loves his wife so much he doesn't mind her rampant infidelity. Alternatively the arranged marriage partner is a "rival" who she will spite by fucking as many other men as humanly possible and amassing power so she'll be the dominant partner once the marriage goes through

male cultivator shit vs female cultivator shit is even worse because chinks are already soulless bugmen. They're some emperor's concubine and do nothing but sit around fucking and being pampered as they effortlessly achieve power and spite their rivals

The fastest way to ruin the misconceptions of someone who puts women on a pedestal is to have them read fiction designed to appeal to them

I hope this is as promising as it looks.

You say that about the men, but there is always some kind of plotline about them being some fated hero or secret child of someone powerful anyhow. The Underdog part only lasts until the half-way point.

I never understood this myself.

Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai

In the shoujo I usually read, the heroine is normal or down-on-her-luck poor

>male chink fantasy: I want to be the most powerful, handsome, overpowered guy ever
>female chink fantasy: I want to be the most powerful, handsome, overpowered guy ever's favorite slave
But this is a shoujo manga thread so let's keep the webnovel trash to a minimum

Something, something, hypernarcissism promoted by late stage capitalism. Basically everybody want to be super duper special and have their cake and eat it too (being an underdog but also a Gary Stu). Alan Moore made a great point about it with The League of Extraordinaire Gentleman, but unfortunately the message is lost because the memes

Attached: MaryPoppins.jpg (1168x1200, 433K)

>generic male isekai MC: becomes an adventurer starting from the lowest rank and goes from killing goblins to dragons collecting a harem along the way
I feel like you left out some things like how he's usually got a 'weak' skill that's actually superpowered as fuck and is always in the right about everything

>>>generic male isekai MC: becomes an adventurer starting from the lowest rank and goes from killing goblins to dragons collecting a harem along the way

That would be fine, and it's what I'd love to see. However, what we get most of the time is the MC getting some kind of cheat code in the form of broken skills or secret demon/dragon heritage.

That's a legacy of historical writers and bards straddling the line between appealing to the masses and not wanting to get their head chopped off by undermining royalty.

You make your hero a strong, honest, hardworking everyman to appeal to the commoners but you can't write a story about a commoner ascending to royalty or becoming king without worrying about being accused of undermining the government or alienating the nobles who actually have money to hire you

So you make your Hero have a lost heritage that's revealed at the climax of the story, retroactively justifying his power and success and pandering to the royals and nobles who get to jerk off their own bloodlines

That sound like manga though. Naoki from Itazura na Kiss is a bigger Gary Stu than Ichigo Kurosaki, Kira Yamato and Kirito combined

Attached: itazura-na-kiss.jpg (225x338, 34K)

Then there's otome games which can range between the two

>I like this girl, get to know her well, but im going to misunderstand every damn thing she does and act broken hearted no matter the progress.

Kimi no todoke drove me up a wall with this. Fucking Kazehaya.

Japs fucking adore """clever""" loopholes and half of Japanese society functions through using them to circumvent archaic
legal language and nonsense that can't simply be repealed or replaced because it's tradition. This is a country that still relies on shit like family registers for crying out loud

Combined with the desire of an underdog MC who gets to continually BTFO everyone that doubts him in a masturbatory fashion and it's become fucking endemic to the genre

Thanks user!

This

We only read shounen writen by women, not for them.

Generally, women authored romance across cultures has a tendency towards a sort of moody Byronic male love interest that's completely off-putting.

Romance authored by men has a kind of parallel to this in the 'ice queen' persona, which a lot of women readers tend to dislike.

When it comes to romance both men and women tend to write escapist fantasies that rely on tropes alienating to the other sex. Romance that truly eschews these and appeals to both men and women are rather rare.

>Romance authored by men has a kind of parallel to this in the 'ice queen' persona, which a lot of women readers tend to dislike.
I don't believe this considering how big shipping culture is in many shounen once it gets popular

Yea Forums doesn't read or watch anything that is not shounen jump shit

Ikeyamada Go is probably a bi and loves seeing little girls getting raped

>Kimi no todoke
How is this shit still running? Talk about zero progress.

Speaking of, Kaze Hikaru is also good example.

Attached: Kaze_Hikaru.jpg (1200x1800, 628K)

Kaze Hikaru is not even about romance essentially, that's why it goes nowhere.

What the fuck, Kimi no Todoke is still running? I remember the anime aired like a decade ago

Kimi Ni Todoke ended 2 years ago anons. And it definitely had progress.

No, just checked

Oh okay, that would have been weird

>Men interested in the protagonist will never lose interest and move on after seeing that they have a veritable harem of suitors
The reverse is also true and why (one reason) I dislike harems. Girls will throw themselves at MC forever with no escape.

I finished reading Princess Knight, it was very disappointing. The first volume is good, but by the second it get shit. The story was stretched by forced drama after another drama.
I wonder if the anime is better.
Blood death was unnecessary and not only that, he died in vain.
Also, it sucks how his pirate crew left as slaves in the Island.
Furthermore, I wished Sapphire would kepr both her boy and girl hearts.

Attached: Ribbon No Kishi.jpg (349x500, 74K)

>generic male isekai MC: becomes an adventurer starting from the lowest rank and goes from killing goblins to dragons collecting a harem along the way
Or an efforlessly "strongest in the world" douche with an apparently magic penis every woman wants.

>generic female isekak MC: born into high ranking nobility, protagonist fucks her way to the top, often has an arranged marriage to a powerful and wealthy ikemen who loves his wife so much he doesn't mind her rampant infidelity.
Alternatively the arranged marriage partner is a "rival" who she will spite by fucking as many other men as humanly possible and amassing power so she'll be the dominant partner once the marriage goes through
Which manga is that? I don't think I've a lewd reverse harem manga. On the other hand fuckboy harem manga where male MC fucks around is plentiful.

I remember this
>Chad pump and dumps main girl in the first chapter
>She gets mad and joins to the soccer team or whatever.
So nice guy gets chad's sloppy seconds?

It's even bettet than I remember

Attached: x34.png (690x999, 171K)

I think it's called Family Fight

He is just misanderstood and broken. Right?

Men write good shoujo typically, women write good shonen typically. Just how it works, that difference in perspective does a lot.

She can change him!

WHat are some notable shoujo by guys?

>WHat are some notable shoujo by guys?
Seconding this

Berserk

Attached: fu.png (699x272, 111K)

Maya Mineo is a prolific male author.
Himitsu no Akko-chan is one of the biggest early magical girl works, and written by a male.
Wada Shinji is apparently one of the most influential artists, although his work isn't translated.
These are some heavy hitters, but there are many others

If you just scroll down mangadex many of the most popular shoujo (an unpopular genre for the website) are written by men.
[https:// mangadex. org/title/16050/kawaii-hito] is one of the most highly ranked and its written by a guy, for example.

You and me both my nigga.
>2 years
Fuck

Berserk has enough much rape, psycho bishonen and damaged love interests that characters think they can fix to qualify it as shoujo

Korean Shoujo Manwha are 600 times worse. Pic related is the worst
>Main dude invades fem MCs country
>after taking it over he along with his buddies slaughter random ladies in waiting
>also let's his buddy rape the princess before stabbing her to death. The rape was removed in the webtoon
>talks about how humans are disgusting after he slaughters innocents
>also hates wymen but will probably change due to the doormat MC who is a slave in his kingdom now

Attached: 9.jpg (800x5000, 558K)

Sounds like true love. Women like strong chads.

Fuck off

Thanks user

Top kek

>Korean Shoujo Manwha
I've mostly seen normal ones, you know typical high school SoL setting, nothing like that or the shitty tropes mentioned.

Reading shoujo will make you understand why you always hear about serial killers getting mountains of love letters and fan mail, and even getting girlfriends and conjugal visits from strangers

>>BUT I CAN CHANGE HIM
Jesus Christ bitches are scary

Maybe in otome, sure. But most shoujo MCs are middle class and your ordinary girl/ high school student

Not in female audience fantasy/isekai settings they aren't

The male one is an illusion of hard work though. Most of them just admit at th in s point they have a broken power and get to lord it over the 'typical' hero stand in

Obviously, this is wish fulfilment fantasy we're talking about here. If you want actual tribulations and sacrifices that don't immediately come with absurd benefits negating the cost then you need to read seinen

>The appearance of any male character after a progression in the relationship between MC and love interest telegraphs a rival

And this dude loses? God bless

The screentone backgrounds. It's always used, but it looks kind of tacky in some scenes. Especially the picnic table pattern backgrounds.

This. Also why do female antagonists get the worse deaths when there crime at most eas being a bitch when the ML is eating babies and raping grandmas.

The readers arent that much better
>oh wow the dude is so dark hot and mysterious. He can change
>oh that female was meant to the MC. What a bitch. I hope she gets killed and raped

Reading chink/gook shoujo unironically got me out of my incel phase

Pic related is one example. The parents wre gonna send out the girl to get married to a guy who's saidnto be a tyrant. And she refused. So poor Self sacrificing sister who dindu nuffin (literally all she does is let rumour spread and dosent o anything to stop them) goes in her stead instead. of course this means the sisters a bitch who deserves to die

Attached: 1569064797830.jpg (1000x7567, 1.93M)

>unironically got me out of my incel phase
and it made you a volcel?

>Reading chink/gook shoujo unironically got me out of my incel phase
What?

Attached: huh.png (700x356, 145K)

Afte reading what happens to females in those novels it made me not want to hate women anymore. It's hard to explain.

I wonder what went "wrong". All the pieces were in order and then Ikeyamada subverted expectations

Not him but realizing women are just as shallow and petty as men are and have the same tendency to think with their genitals makes it a lot easier to get laid once you stop treating them like an alien species

shoujo fandoms have the exact same fucking waifu war bullshit as NGE fans still arguing over Asuka vs Rei. Bonus points when fujos write each other death threats because, while they agree on a particular ship, they disagree over who they think should pitch and who should catch

Attached: 1568713144897.jpg (1500x1078, 321K)

Manhwa are fucking crazy. It's like no matter the genre, they all turn into josei drama

Jap romance drama stories often end with the main couple's kiss, meanwhile Korean ones begin with rape and snowball from there

I'm just surprised you needed manga to help you realize something so obvious.

The really fucked up stories don't even get manga adaptations

Jesus, what manhwa are you reading?
mangakakalot.com/manga/evergreen_tea_shop
manganelo.com/manga/secret_crush

>art by asangi
I'm so used to seeing ugly men by hin that I'm surprised he can draw minds attractive guys too

There should be a shoujo version of TWGOK where a male MC wins over girls through rape, blackmail, abuse, and various forms of harassment.

I'm pretty sure that was Amnesia. Which wasn't technically a manga, if memory serves. Started out as a VN.

kdramas are an even bigger clusterfuck. literally worse than Spanish telenovela when it comes to relationship nonsense

Yea Forums is the shittiest shouyo

Attached: TeenWizardAdventures.jpg (800x3681, 831K)

I guess I'm enjoying this korean one
mangadex.org/title/36841/the-problem-of-my-love-affair

Attached: the_problem_of_my_love_c13_12.jpg (720x1041, 277K)

It was good comic until the political shit

Illustration purposes only. Actual muggle crisis may vary.

You don't see how calling wizard children immigrants among muggles is a joke?

This is what the Blue Lock program wanted to cultivate

this, It really distracts from the point and you're just thinking the author is a cucked glycine-max boy

As it just ruined the whole point
>only x group doing that

>girl sacrifices betrothal for her bitchy sister's happiness
reminds me about that one about marying a dragon where the prince she was originally engaged to realised that her sister who had demanded her daddy give her the marriage instead was a worthless cunt
but older sister threw herself into a volcano to kill her self

Rapey male leads. It's like authors don't have any idea of how relationship works and their only solution to convey love is to have an obsession towards the female lead. Or female authors really loves rape or something.

Also, too much pentagon and roses in every reaction. The male lead said something sweet? Slap those two everywhere. Raise the saturation and make the female lead show this dumb, surprised face. Then multiplied that tenfold.

Include too the small panels which in result translators reducing the font size to compensate. Then again, this only occurs at the first volume. This made me think too if authors are so inexperienced in paneling or they crammed too much exposition to set the storyline. But if so, what the fuck was the editors job then?

That's literally what females are attracted to.
Even funnier is if they really DO fix him, they get bored and leave.

There are multiple shoujos where the male lead blackmail the heroine

For the rapey male leads, you know how inexperienced men either write women as almost totally sexless or as pseudo-lesbians that are just obsessed with cocks?
Well in experienced women write men as rapey tumultuous obsessives. Its them taking inaccurate depictions in media and then using that as a real source for writing male characters. If you go into amateur writing circles (forums or what have you) you'll see posts from women saying that they don't understand men and that they write them as very possessive in many cases.

passive, dumb or oblivious MC. MC that just goes along with things, I don't mind if she is put in a cage for few days because she is into it but I get annoyed with the "eh I got nothing better to do " outlook.

Like three of my recurring “oh god why did I say that” memories from childhood are from getting dudes wrong in this way and saying something fucked up and offensive because of it. Mostly from hanging out around here too much and thinking it reflected, more or less, the inner thoughts of people offline.... NOPE

>possessiveness by both the girl and the boy when neither of them are in a relationships or have even show their interest to each other. bonus points if they are mean to a 3rd person because of it
I mainly watch anime adaptations

I hate when the male love interest has some ex-girlfriend or a childhood friend that causes misunderstandings.

why not just do whatever you want? men don't have to be accurate so all that is just an excuse, they just want molds.
are not there tons? was not one very popular where the guy was a hong kong mob boss?

Reminds me of Rain Curtain
mangakakalot.com/manga/bg918050

why? What I hate is MC that falls for smallest things, like "gasp, she has the ribbon. it must mean they boned" etc

Why is it that I find it really annoying when either the ML or MC is overly dense, but really charming when they both are?

I don't read alot of shoujo so I got most of them from this thread.
Thoughts?

Attached: Shoujo_bingo.jpg (900x900, 288K)

>MC
>FemC

You do know the bland self-insert girl is typically the main character right?