Overlord

Ainz-sama is a very sad and lonely individual

Attached: 1436369581659.jpg (3030x716, 743K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6dxICJHd518
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuspiciousVideogameGenerosity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's sad that he can't find new friends.

>Ainz-sama is a very sad and lonely individual
He is an Undead both physically and metaphorically. He is hanging on to the lost past, resisting change, and struggles to believe there is a future beyond the life he previously had.

Reminds me of Yea Forumsnon.

Ainz feels responsibility and shit, most anons would just sit in the dungeon and try to get the guardians to draw manga for them.

He'll be even lonelier once Maruyama ends the series early since he's running out of ways of to rewrite the NWers get BTFO'd plot.

Ainz is a fucking loser.

...yes?
It was shown again, again and again.
>and try to get the guardians to draw manga for them
Collectively or each one their own?

Attached: 1555071110883.jpg (1002x904, 1.33M)

Being around Ainz when playing must have been so cringy for the other guild members. Being faced with the prospect of getting stuck with that awkward beta orbiter fulltime and for real, they'd probably have killed themselves after 5 minutes.

Each guardian would draw his or her own manga for the sake of having a better chance of getting something good.
You would probably get quite the diversity of genres now that I think about it.
Shaltear would do straight up ero, Albedo would make a romantic comedy, Cocytus would have a fighting manga, Sebas will make a super hero shonen, Demiurge would write Berserk from the perspective of Griffith, Aura would write an adventure manga and Mare would draw guro with no real story.
Victim is a wildcard, but I'd say he's (it?) is a comedy writer.

>Mare
Will be a drawfag for Demi.

Another side story?

Could be, I just assumed Demi would use human slaves or mobs to do his work in hellish sweatshop conditions, because he's that kind of guy and art comes from suffering.

>use human slaves or mobs to do his work in hellish sweatshop conditions
That would be his assistants.

Attached: 1560157338313.jpg (2405x2405, 1.51M)

Does Demi have to do the frog face for all public events since his regular face is associated with the Jebedaya (or however he was called)?

Cute frog

wasn't he the guy everyone vented at because it was like talking to a sentient wall?

Does anybody have the webm with shalltear's laugh? That was a "kufufu" or something for about 3 seconds.

I can't understand how this shit is so popular

>12 volumes + 5 volumes =? ...... Fuufu. If you are wise, you should understand what Maruyama wants to say.

So Overlord was recommended to me by normalfags and they used the Buffing scene as something to entice.
youtube.com/watch?v=6dxICJHd518
Maybe I don't play enough MMOs or tabletop RPGs, but why is a character that's established as having a high level and a lot of time put into the game casting a bunch of enhancing spells considered cool or impressive?

If you played MMOs you can relate to the kind of feel that the scene portrays, at least to me it felt cool.

>Jirc

It's good if we can become Overlords once getting isekai'd.

Because it's cool faggot, he's spamming spells and about to shit on the unaware opponent.

Duh

What build should I have to marry shalltear?

Attached: shalltear.jpg (885x1252, 1.28M)

Kinda and it's Jaldabaoth(the gnostic devil, aka YHVH)

Are you retarded or something? Do you not buff before a raid? It doesn't matter what level you are, you always go in at your strongest. This has been the way of things since 1999 or even earlier. We did this shit back in the days of Asheron's Call and Everquest, and the kiddies still do it in their modern games. As long as magic spells exist, so will buffs. Buffing before a fight will always be a thing. Everybody loves watching that first massive nuke go off to signal the pull.

But why watch an anime because a dude is powering up? What makes it cool? It's obvious that buffing is a thing to do. Is it this dude's catch phrase to just say out a bunch of spells when he gets serious? Where's the emotional impact behind it? I might as well be watching a dude press keys on a keyboard.

Them thighs though

A bird.

This is my headcanon, don't @ me

Attached: Ainz all alone.png (1920x1080, 142K)

Attached: 1558475108606.jpg (1275x1572, 360K)

>we will never get the beatmen countries in the middle of the continent
>no beastmen alliance bringing out their golem forces and ainz countering with gargantua like maruyama said on twitter years ago
I cry

Attached: beastman arc never.png (544x314, 35K)

>momon won't reveal his real face to the mases
i sleep

Attached: 1536079904019.gif (375x304, 711K)

Nvm I thought it was the revery in One Piece

Attached: Capture.jpg (748x423, 65K)

>momon will never form and lead the grand alliance of the western nations against nazarick
i weep

Attached: NAZ GANG.jpg (1001x632, 369K)

It's a variation of this tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuspiciousVideogameGenerosity trope.
If one can YOLO through an encounter, one probably will.
You know the shit is about to go down when the player draws a long list of carefully selected buffs before the encounter.

Attached: 1566899264747.jpg (800x1132, 1.13M)

High Charisma.

I'm not even joking. If you're a high-level character and you've pumped even a modicum of points to Charisma, she's eminently fuckable.

Personally, I'd rather fuck Calca Bessarez. Even her profile says she's looking for the right man.

Attached: Calca.png (225x630, 293K)

Would the Holy Kingdom battle have been winnable, if there was at least one Player (Assuming Level 100) on the Kingdom's side?

Absolutely, Demiurge would be fucked if he had to fight a Level 100 PC. His summons wouldn't even rate.

No, he would get fucked fast by ainz cutting his escape routes and ganging up on him.
He needs to escape and go make more godkins.

Ainz isn't actually an optimized character. He can do PvP, but it's been repeatedly stated he's taken a lot of stuff that it's efficient to do the whole 'undead Overlord' thing. His levels are also a huge crutch.

At the very least, he would have to show up personally. A fight between players would likely level a good part of the country. The collateral damage would be astounding, we're taking a mountain of the dead here.

If a PC had gotten involved the entire plan would not matter because that's higher priority then taking over the holy kingdom.
Demiurge would evacuate and they'd either try to contact the player or have Albedos PK squad come over to restrain the PC.
Basically, the Sorcerous Kingdom, the Empire and the Re-Estize don't matter, they're tools to find players and entice them to like Nazarick. Alternatively they're hostages for Ainz against a moralfag PC.

With current forces? No.
By Nazarick in general? Absolutely.

Only if it was between wizards / casters. A fight between a maxed-out fighter and a maxed-out wizard would be much shorter, and much more brutal either way.

>Ainz isn't actually an optimized character
He wasn't optimized in the MMO. I'm not so sure about the NW since rules are different.

>Even her profile says she's looking for the right man.
She already found such man. I heard they went clubbing hard together.

It's a country of lv 1-20 humans, them being dead would be beneficial to ainz.
All the gear ainz has on will assure he won't get oneshotted unless the player is a minmaxed angel or powerfag.

Attached: 49956546_514652902359904_7102269867625703434_n.jpg (480x467, 27K)

I love how Ainz is basically just a super minmaxed RP build because he thought Overlord was cool as fuck even if it wasn't great in pvp. Reminds me of playing unoptimal builds in older mmos because I found them fun not because how good they were.

Attached: 1521670802417.jpg (800x480, 221K)

yeah

The main advantage of being a warrior in the New World is the opportunity to learn martial arts, though it's questionable if Martial Arts would be remotely useful to someone of that level.

For instance, they don't even have a 'real' Spatial Slash.

A smart player won't fight Ainz head on, especially after knowing he is the leader of that infamous PK guild. He will probably retreat, find more info about Ainz and set up a trap to assassinate him.

Ainz may not be minmaxed, but he is a respectably good PvP player and managed to match his direct counter, Shaltear.
Yes she played it bad, but the other player is not guaranteed to be a master PvPer.
I think Ainz has a solid chance to 1v1 a player.

Technically speaking, he won because he used up a LOT of cash shop items and gimmicks. Shaltear was also really underequipped for someone of her level (and let's not forget, she's an NPC monster.)

From what we've seen of Sebas, a Level 100 PC is basically cutscene Virgil from Devil May Cry, but stronger.

>using a top tier special attack as an example
Nazarick outside of the dungeon is overrated, they have no stat boosts and terrain advantage.
10 lv100 players should be enough to kill them since not every guardian and npc can be brought out of the dungeon.

I'm saying that if you have a special attack that can cut through space, you don't really need a power that lets you stiffen up so it doesn't hurt when you get punched in the balls (Fortress) or one that lets you give a move 120% effort.

What about the psychological disadvantage? A lot if not all of the players would prefer running from the fight if they were losing but Nezaric troops would sacrifice everything if that meant getting rid of the thread to Ainz.

Is the author still throwing a hissy fit?

I though she was in her top items during the fight, even if there were not player tier equipment it wasn't far below it.
I don't understand what you mean about Sebas. Can you elaborate?

Fortress blocks regardless of damage, it sounds like skill that scales indefinitely.

I mean that a Level 100 martial is stronger than Sebas, and we've seen what Sebas can do with very little effort. A maxed-out warrior probably kills you backward in time or something.

That's true when fighting low levels.
I'm still not sure on something, is it stated anywhere that stats on NPCs are different then on an identical player?
Obviously they can have better equipment, that's expected. But besides that.

Attached: 1543932446016.png (611x899, 1.07M)

Attached: Read It.png (898x297, 91K)

If the players gets too far the guardians would stop pursuing since they could get attacked by others or dragonlords.
Amazing how it becomes a real fight with even a couple of players, fuck maruyama being sacred to hurt nazarick.

I think that the lack of players has a benefit that it makes the situation for Ainz all the more existentially depressing.
Being the only player in the world carries on the theme of loneliness and being stuck in the past and not moving on.
It's a path that could have worked better if there was more character development.

>Maruyama cites fan translations as a source for demotivation
>Shortly after Nigel sama announces he will no longer translate Overlord and we're now stuck with the fucking yen press releases which are both poorly translated and several volumes behind
IT HURTS

We will have another translator.
Have faith.

Attached: 76855832_p0.jpg (1448x2048, 710K)

Attached: 1564419507283.jpg (1240x1754, 1.52M)

Attached: 1440821741660.jpg (3030x716, 835K)

New volume WHEN?!

Attached: 1550952153147.jpg (372x268, 15K)

>Nigel sama announces he will no longer translate Overlord
Wait what? How did I miss it? What happened?

author sperged out about piracy and nigel took it bad

Attached: Torn_Spurdo.jpg (437x501, 47K)

fug

Attached: 1551379830610.jpg (249x231, 21K)

Can a VB with enough charisma marry Shalltear?
>tfw there's a VB out there reading the same books as Ainz and levelling up her acting skills

Attached: Overlord-II-01_15.33_2018.01.09_15.21.49.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

I wonder if there are stats on acting skill, I can't tell if Ainz got better through work or it's just convenience writing that he can bullshit his way through things.
I mean with people who are not npcs.

what is it with retard nip authors hating foreign fans

ONE PIRATED VIEW IS AN ENTIRE LOST PURCHASE AND SALE
MARUYAMA HAS LOSTS BILLIONS IN REVENUE THANKS TO WESTERN PIRATES

improved version

Attached: 1565341271573.jpg (3026x714, 213K)

Maybe the real Nazarick is the friends we made along the way

Ainz made no friends in the new world though. Not real friends anyway, not people he regards as friends.

Attached: 1502477335221.png (424x424, 44K)

Keeno, new AOG, Neia, Hamsuke, Ainzack the NPCs

it's time for the goddess to put him out of his misery then

Attached: 1556916929158.gif (640x360, 1.42M)

useless goddess. go play watersports with yourself

i might even buy that if there was any way for us to get it legally, but we can't.
does the think we're going to purchase jap volumes? does he have any knowledge of how shit western translation companies are and how frequently they fold? (i know the answer is no, but this is all shit he could find out with five mintues of google)

NPCs are servants who he can't really mingle with because of their fanatical obedience
Hamsuke is a pet
Neia is someone he sees as a friend of an NPC.
He dislikes Keeno because she hurt Shinzo.
Ainzack is the closest, but I'm not willing to say they're friends

Basically Ainz is cold as stone about anybody that wasn't made by his friends, but they act subservient and not as equals.

If the D&D side story was any indicator, almost none of them would be capable of creating an interesting story. Whatever genera they decided to write on, it would just devolve into Ainz wankery with lots of humans being killed.

looks nice

Need for breed.

They would, but if they were put into a situation that wasn't immediately to their benefit, I'd bet they'd start to get desperate. Desperation puts you into a bad state of mind, and if they could be separated from the unifying force of Ainz, they're ability to work as a team would be hurt drastically.

Add Tanya since they are best friends now

I want to punch this puppy until she screams

It would be interesting if Ainz was up against real opposition from players and played them emotionally unintentionally.

With your dick?

No, with my fists. I want to put on silver knuckles and punch her repeatedly, only occasionally letting up briefly to listen to her miserable, agonizing shrieks as the silver burns her flesh.

God she's hot

I never got that. I mean I was Ainz since I live in the west and MMOs here don't die as often but in China that is an event as daily as server births.

>china