Okada Anime Ranking

It ended and it was good, Okada is back.

Anohana > True Tears > > Wandering Son > Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo > WIXOSS > The Anthem of the Heart > Maquia > Simoun > Kiznaiver > Nagi no Asukara > Gundam IBO > Hisone and Masotan > Black Butler 2 > Mayoiga >M3: The Dark Metal > Fractale

Attached: 1569013890732.jpg (1920x1669, 810K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h5Cnp42d8qk
youtu.be/xhBQyCoE-dg
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=17329
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=18586
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is not a single good anime in this ranking.

Wixoss should be at the top

M3 should be at the top.

Simoun should be at the top.

M3 is should be at the top.

This

Attached: eedg1_500.jpg (500x281, 18K)

Attached: wixoss.jpg (480x640, 47K)

>okada did wandering son
WHAT

>Kiznaive better than IBO
KEK

>anything above Simoun or even Wandering Son
Cringe

>no hanairo
The ending was meh to be honest

>Anohana
Complete and utter trash. Off to a good start I see.

Of the ones you listed that I've seen, in order:
Maquia
Nagi no Asukara
Araburu
Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.
IBO
Fractale

AnoHana was fucking terrible
What is wrong with you people?

>Fractale
The show was shit because Yamakan?

Attached: yamakan savior.jpg (400x311, 74K)

I agree, I really didn't get why people are head over heels for it.

>Fractale below Kiznaiver and Mayoiga

I don't think I even managed to finish any of these except Wixoss, and I can barely remember most of Wixoss.

It's an adaptation, though.

Toradora is her best adapted work. Maquia is her best original work.
What was the point of this thread when the answer is so obvious?

Attached: 1515130452844.jpg (450x435, 28K)

Okada has written a lot of good shows over the years. More than I thought

Did everyone forget about Hanasaku Iroha?

>IBO
Im still mad for Okada killing Space guts and his waifu

Attached: IBO guts.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

Fpbp

Yes but it was one of the few tolerable things she wrote, even considering the utterly out of place BDSM episode.

>nagi this high, fractale last, mayoiga above anything at all
You have some life choices to reconsider.

okada will gladly kill anyone aside from her usual self insert.
Jesus fuck i wanted to strangle maki in kiznaiver.

Where's BRS fall?

That episode was hot

You're right.

Hisomaso is the only good thing she wrote, and it was only good thanks to Shinji Higuchi.

>Jesus fuck i wanted to strangle maki in kiznaiver.
The worst thing is that she got the most handsome guy in the cast by literally being a cunt to him

>Okada self-insert
Haven't seen Kiznaiver, but is it by any chance an annoying girl who wouldn't shut up and hurts other people with her "innocent words" when all she says is surface level observation?

I don’t even remember what happens in that shit anymore.

I'm a long time Gundamfag and no kidding IBO literally killed the franchise for me. I was so disgusted with everything, I don't think I can ever go back. Fuck Okada, if there was a God she would be banned from existence.

>It ended and it was good
>and it was good

You forgot one of the most offensive turds.

Attached: MV5BZDBiNzVmMWItMTNmMS00ZmFlLWJhMWItOGM3NDA2MWNlZGQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (1488x2000, 244K)

Not exactly but she was still an enormous self-loathing cunt with a ton of complexes
The only fun thing about her was the fact she straight rejected /u/ with her bestie and was disgusted about it.

Btfo face

Araburu is Okada? That explains a lot.

I still need to get around to watching the latest season of Wixoss.

I bet you hate Turn A gundam too faggot, back to /m/ with you.

I'm having some Mandela effect shit going on. I had no idea that she did Mayoiga and I was in the threads while it aired.

Attached: sxarpo before the overdose, the loss of life.jpg (640x640, 66K)

Bases

M3 was only good because Chadwamori strangled a decent script out of her.

Another user
I don't hate any Gundam aside from Wing, Seed and IBO
IBO is by far the worst out of 3

Not necessarily a bad ranking but Tari Tari and HanaIroha, which should be at the very top, aren't even on the list.

Dumb faggot.

Sad but true.

>Kiznaiver > Nagi no Asukara
Yeah no

You forgot the second half of Aquarion EVOL
12,000 years later, i still mad.

Who is that in the picture?

Holy shit that was a decent ending. What am I watching?

>I hate them because they’re popular
Hmm

Being what he is, can't say he made the wrong choice. she is hot af and has big boobs. I'd hit that like the fist of an angry god

personality and character-wise though, rarely have i hated a character more.

So how did this end? Haven't watched it since the culture festival episode.

FPBP

>Mayoiga
That was mostly Mizushima.

Bonus from a buyfag. Mastermind in the top left.

Attached: D4BD3575-A223-4962-BF82-6E712C34375A.jpg (4032x3024, 2.33M)

They played Tag and everything ended happily.

damn, Yea Forums can't into metadata
i'm sure you'll be able to figure it out

is akb0048 and gosick any good? i'm yet to watch those. as for the best, if that's any indication, this user paid real money for physical media to rewatch nagi no asukara and maquia, and for legit streaming services (ie. a month of leafland netflix) to rewatch hisomaso and anohana

You're gonna carry that weight.

Attached: bang (me).jpg (1110x876, 84K)

>Kiznaiver above Nagi no Asukara
Yeah nah

I deserve to be ridiculed for this

Gosick is great, no one cares about the akb anime.

I need that shit scanlated for the adjustments for the bingo.

The fact that 3 months have passed since this show started airing and I still haven't had sex depresses me

HAHAHA you suck.

>kawamori and okada
I know what I'm watching next

>The Anthem of the Heart
Fuck. Okada had a hand in this? Now I'm not looking forward to watching it anymore.

>REEEEEEE Morosawa/Fukuda/Level 5/ Okada/ Nagai/ Watada/ whatever the next boogeyman ruined Gundam for me
Typical Gundamfag

>Anohana > True Tears > > Wandering Son > Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo > WIXOSS > The Anthem of the Heart > Maquia > Simoun > Kiznaiver > Nagi no Asukara > Gundam IBO > Hisone and Masotan > Black Butler 2 > Mayoiga >M3: The Dark Metal > Fractale

How convenient to forget Black Rock Shooter

>no one cares about the akb anime.

Not in your world. AKB0048 is fine especially if you want something close to Macross

>Japanese character
>A literal Aryan

Akb is good but Okada was just there to write whatever Kawamori had in his head.

>gundam IBO
speaking of which, who's at fault for that ending again?
I heard okada actually somewhat against that shitty ending

Where does Aquarion evol ranks? That was a pile of dogshit.

Is it me or did Westerners care about Araburu far more than the Nips. On Nip sites I don't think I ever saw Araburu being discussed at all, whereas in the West it had active discussion and it was rated well.

it was fine in my opinion but i can see why people have a burning hatred for it.

Japan has shit taste

it flopped pretty hard. It seems like the nips only care for yamato nadeshiko who only think about having sex with their childhood friend or spouse after marriage. I mean yeah, it's the perfect situation but it's not the reality of what happens.

WHO IS THAT CHARACTER

No, the question is why did Westerners love the show and praise it, and why did it gain a sizable following there, when it's a total flop in Japan? Is it simply because Okada? Would Westerners even care or know about the show if it wasn't for Okada's name?

Because the jap sites are shit, amazing they never update their sites.
How can they even post in that place.

Kiznaiver and Mayoiga have likable qualities. Fractale is only good for laughing at

Wandering Son is the best of those, but that was an adaptation

Reminder that Nina is objectively a slut. Not having sex does not change the fact that she's now loved TWO different dudes.

Kongo is on her way to becoming a slut, Momo is a potential future slut when she gets past her lesbo phase, only Sonozaki and Kazusa are pure.

Holy fuck, you're right. I was planning to defend Nagi no Asukara and Anohana, but this garbage made me reconsider my opinion of them, and I didn't like them that much either.
Why the fuck do nips like whatever Okada shits? This anime was fucking awful.

I really enjoyed the beginning and mid season but towards the end and the ending itself was pretty underwhelming

yeah this is based as fuck

nina is still best

youtube.com/watch?v=h5Cnp42d8qk

She directed Maquia? Kiznaiver? Fractale? What the fuck? How the fuck can anyone defend this woman?
What's next? Are you guys going to tell me she also worked in Nisekoi or Toradora? Holy fuck, Okada thrives on shitty teenager drama.

The show was alright, I didn't really like the teenage melodrama though.
As for the reason why it has a strong western presence that answer is simple. Sex appeal.

Generalizing here, but westerners go crazy over the mere mentioning of sex.
Throughout their history they have been consumed by their obsession with sex to the point of self destruction.
They made great progress when effective principles were established and adhered to in order to keep their hedonism in check which led to beneficial outcomes but their guiding principles are eventually forgotten and the cycle continues.

I completely agree and I hope her live action career takes off so we never have to see her make anime again.

She wrote the screenplays. She's not a director

Why even continue the thread after this? Okada barely even rises to garbage tier. At least some of her peers in similar positions like the absolute hack that is Okouchi produces entertaining trash. Okada is more infuriating than she is entertaining.

Attached: 1560081460574.jpg (1280x720, 464K)

what the fuck do people complain about Maquia? That shit had me ugly crying in the middle of a flight.

Not only is Simoun Okada's best, it is also the best Yuri anime ever.

Attached: 1545653329799.webm (832x464, 1.5M)

Remember when Fractale saved anime?

Attached: 1345058_Latvian_ShowMasterKeyArt_ce81b8a2-deff-e611-8175-020165574d09.jpg (3000x1688, 1.64M)

>it’s a “muh waifu didn’t win so it’s shit” whinge thread

Honestly, as bad as Fractale is, and even though I'm not a fan of Okada, I think more of its flaws lay with the director.

gay

Was there any waifu in there? All of the girls in this one were fucking awful.

>Childhood friend wins again
BASED GODKADA.

Attached: 1517518479458.png (570x681, 314K)

What the fuck is with Okada and relationships/sex? Why is he so obsessed with sexuality and women absolutely needing to be with a man?

Nagi no Asukara/Ano Hana is easily her best work, I fucking love them two, You need some real man tears for AnoHana.
Mayoiga was the worst I know Yea Forums likes to meme on it because it "funny" because of thread memes but it was fucking trash and a missed opportunity.

Attached: 1563604185161.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

Guess what most of the people who praise her to high heaven have no idea of.

No because they're portrayed as real. The only one would maybe be the club president if you're into stuck up innocent girls who blossoms.

They have manga. The audiences don't overlap nearly as much as they do in the West. Small shows like these don't usually get attention, especially manga adaptations. Look at Nozaki-kun.

When you look at the trends the things that get the most attention are big shounen adaptations, big LN adaptations, and niche otaku kirara moes stuff.

>Look at Nozaki-kun
Nozaki-kun was very popular in Japan

M3 was fucking great

Attached: M3 - Sono Kuroki Hagane - 01 [BD 720p AAC][415DA559].mkv_snapshot_15.43_[2018.12.26_05.42.53].jpg (1280x720, 88K)

And we started with the realistic meme again. Those girls only thought of fucking sex for fucks sake. And I mean only sex. It's pretty much Okada at her finest, relationships between one dimensional characters spiced with magical telenovela bullshit.

As a manga franchise, not an anime.

I think you might be projecting, user.

Is something unique and fascinating.

Hanasaku Iroha > NagiAsu > Black Rock Shooter TV >>> evertything else

Its also wrong to mix Okada original works, Okada works where she just adapted others script/did scriptwriting work for existing stuff (Toradora for example, which other wise would be her best show) and stuff where she had little creative freedom or it was restricted and her ideas shut down like Kiznaiver, IBO

He can't keep getting away with it!

IBO had one of the best first episodes in Gundam's recent history. It had such an interesting premise and setting, the Post-Calamity timeline had such immense potential. Okada ruined what could have been a very profitable and successful spin-off. IBO's shit writing has the downfall of the entire production.

HisoMaso is an Okada original. The first episodes were fucking great, the art work was splendid and despite some of the usual Okada staples, the director was making the script work. But of course, it all went to shit midway through, not even the director could salvage it any more, in fact, the minor faults of the previous episodes (which were genuinely great) became retroactively much worse because of the developments.

Kiznaiver was a particularly bad one. People love to throw shit as Trigger and not without good reason, but they are a studio composed of very talented animators with genuine, burning passion for the medium. They also always produce original anime and notoriously they always struggled with producing competent scripts. So their genius solution in a long dynasty of genius Trigger ideas was to rope Okada in and give her another original anime to script. It was a stinker and instead of having a new flawed cult classic Trigger show we had only absolute trash.

The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. Watch it if you hate Lupin III.

Anohana was alright I guess. It's not my cup of tea and it is an extremely Okada show but I think it's mildly competent. I fucking hate every single character but hey, it's beautifully directed and if you're going in with the expectation of watching a soap opera then you won't be disappointed.

There are a lot of living, breathing memes in this industry. Okouchi wrote Habaneros, Valvrape, Guilty Crown, and other pearls, but at least given his portfolio you can presume he has some degree of self-awareness and the guy knows how to make a wild ride. Yamakan is Yamakan. But Okada is just the biggest forced meme in the history of anime.

GoodBye to La Cejotas, La Enana Gato, La Lesbiana Gordita, La Rubia Prostituta and especially Caliente Senpai.

This is a trip

>premise is gundams, but with african-like child soldiers on mars
Cool
>make people who's whole schtick is
bullshit menial teenage highschool drama write and direct it.
What was sunrise thinking?

How did one woman get so powerful?

/thread

that's another character but yes there is that one too

Because she's one of the best scriptwriters in the entire idustry and her talent gets properly acknowledged, it's very simple.

The anime sold really well in Japan too and kickstarted Ari Ozawa's career.

yea you're right it should be lower

Based GODKADA

Uhm, the other two threads are for Abububuru specifically. This is a general thread for Mami Okada.

I can't tell if u fags have shit taste or memeing, is M3 actually good, or u nigs just secretly like to be cucked by okada
>school mecha with a twist, wowzers

Attached: ntr.png (1300x1818, 2.3M)

t. clueless retard with no idea what he speaks of

IBO was Nagai all the way and Okada had little freedom in its story and writing (simiarly with her Kawamori works).

Kiznaiver she wanted to make entirely different thing, but was forced by Trigger to make it the way it turned out

Anohana was supposed to be sexual comedy, like Araberu airing is now, but producers toned down all Okada innuendos and ideas and turned it into derpressing drama (still good though).

Okada is amazing writer and the only one in industry that currently can bring any character to live and them not be a cardboard cutout

t. seething romcom watcher

speaking on trash r/a/ddet love
youtu.be/xhBQyCoE-dg

Do all her shows have retarded plot twists that would make M.Night Shayalaman blush?

Like the anime was a solid 7/10 until the end of 11th episode.

Now it's all ruined by going full retard. It's so insanely unrealistic and idiotic. It's like something you would come up when your series gets axed and you get fired and have 4 hours left to finish the story for one last episode without you.

>IBO was Nagai all the way and Okada had little freedom in its story and writing (simiarly with her Kawamori works).
Yes, the Nagai meme again.
>animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=17329
>Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (TV)
>Series Composition: Mari Okada
>Script
>Mari Okada (10 episodes)
>animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=18586
>Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (TV 2)
>Series Composition: Mari Okada
>Script
>Mari Okada (19 episodes)

>Kiznaiver she wanted to make entirely different thing, but was forced by Trigger to make it the way it turned out
Are you telling me that it could have been even worse?

>Anohana was supposed to be sexual comedy, like Araberu airing is now, but producers toned down all Okada innuendos and ideas and turned it into derpressing drama (still good though).
It's not my cup of tea and I have a burning hatred for Okada anyway so it's not like I was ever going to enjoy it given my self-admitted bias. But regardless, I find it amusing how your justifying it based on the plasticity of Okada's "artistic" "vision" and in the very next paragraph you're praising her as an amazing writer. I do wonder if amazing writers all compromise as much as she does.

Okada is a meme that keeps getting steady employment for whatever incomprehensible reason that probably relates only to how chinks do business and not necessarily her "merits" as a writer. If you're able to enjoy it, that is perfectly fine and I have absolutely no qualms about it. But don't act like she's impeccable and that the complaints that many anons have expressed about her style and her works are completely illegitimate.

Being proud of your ignorance and refusing to learn is sign of that your existence is futile. Your projected nonsense that is entirely taken from shitposting on Yea Forums and has no root in reality is trully embarassing.

>you're wrong because I say so
OK, user. It's just a coincidence that every project she's involved in, including her embarrassing movie which she wrote and directed, just so happens to all go to shit. Them chinks just can't stand a strong female writer.

>kawamori and okada
>I know what I'm watching next
AKB0048? Because that's what you should be watching.

Pretty much.

>Them chinks just can't stand a strong female writer
unironically true, they hate niggers too

The most unrealistic part is the way they managed to subdue their male teacher. Men are inherently stronger than women. An adult man can NEVER lose to a teenage girl.

This has the same character designer as Franxx, right? Aoi and Akane are literally Ichigo and Kokoro

The hostage situation was retarded beyond belief

She’s having period.
She’s having period everyday.
Okada’s historic girls are cute but too noisy.

KINOnaiver starts off at a 7/10 based on the opening alone.

Gosisk is okay. Victorique is great, series has nice visuals and is an adaptation anyway. Good pacing between episodic shit and plot-advancing stuff. Some scripts are a bit too silly because Japs can't into serious 2D mystery and the MC is irritating if you don't care about generic faggot male with annoying voice.

Black Rock Shooter natsukashii kioku~ was actually okay because she had to work from the OVA and hadn't a full cour series. Also, the teenage girls' over the top melodrama had at least an outlet in crazy battles with Imaishi animation. Come to think of it, all of her series involving mecha or battles weren't at all bad for that precise reason with the exception of ALL THIS TIME MY 1200 YEARS TO FUCK A DOG

Fish people is okay but it literally reads like that one Mari Okada bingo macro. If it weren't for a GOAT setting and PA works' 10/10 backgrounds no one would remember it. Also I still have an overwhelming desire to mercilessly breed Chisaki.

Attached: Chisaki NagiAsu uniform.gif (480x270, 2.54M)

Only good opinion ITT

>almost all of the thread unanimously agree that Okada is bad

Misogynistic much?

Attached: 1560081460574.jpg (556x527, 104K)

Wait, how was she involved in Shimoun at all?

Wait this can't be tr-
>read the whole list
>think back at each show
well fuck, you're right. some of them had potential though.

Didn't she do Glasslip too?

Wow fuck you akb0048 was great

Glasslip was PA Works but not one of Okada's.

Nagi > all that gay shit

Yeah I just checked. I guess its style of badness reminded m of Okada.

Anyway, if anything I'm looking forwards to the doujins based on this show. I hope they all get raped.

Wandering Son and Black Butler are adaptations, Simoun isn't an Okada show, she was only a script writer.

My headcanon is that they were all sent to prison afterwards except for Sonny Sucky. Hongo was accidentally sent to an adult male prison where she had wanting to have sex raped out of her, that's why she was ok with teacher marrying someone else. Niina and Mongoko went to a female/lesbian prison but Niina was still raped by Sasuga and the male warden (or whatever you call the prison leader) who had connections. Kazusa and Izumi resisted arrest and killed a police officer who was the father of Amagi. They are on the run and will most likely kill more. "It fit" = the police officer's key fit into their cuffs.

Takotsuboya go to bed

Is Okada married yet?

hopefully not

>hopefully
Why?

Black Butler 2 was anime original.

Savage Maiden (Thots) would've been a 10/10 if the first episode ended with the ugly girl sucking the guy's dick after she caught him masturbating to train chikan (train molestation).

>No because they're portrayed as real
Yeah, until they took their teacher hostage.

I'm still horrendously disappointed in Fractale. Usually if I finish the first episode of a series, I'll eventually get around to finishing it. That fucking shit, though.

Yes.

Seems like it was more of director's fault.

I loved Turn A Gundam, it's one of my favorites.
No, I had no issue with those. Just Okada, because she's a fucking hack who writes in drama for the sake of it and obviously has zero respect for the franchise. She's literally the female equivalent of a fat otaku writing his waifu fanfic. Except she gets a pussy pass, so everything is okay.

Without fail, anything Okada touches is overblown melodrama

Koufuku Graffiti > *

Based, True Tears is kino harem though.

Attached: truetears.jpg (699x1000, 164K)

>IBO had one of the best first episodes in Gundam's recent history. It had such an interesting premise and setting, the Post-Calamity timeline had such immense potential. Okada ruined what could have been a very profitable and successful spin-off. IBO's shit writing has the downfall of the entire production.
Fucking this, my entire feelings watching IBO. I was hyped as all hell when the first couple of episodes came out. I thought we had finally left the whiny angsty bishonen MC days and were getting something interesting for a change. Instead we got angst up the ass, more drama than a Korean soap opera and Okada's favorite "shock value" deaths out of nowhere.

Anyone that unironically defends that fucking hack has terminal shit taste.

Attached: IBO FGO.jpg (1200x675, 152K)

By me.

>completely and utterly BTFO by based user with FACTS
>retreats to ad-hominem attacks.
Yep, this is your brain on Okada.

Attached: LOGH.jpg (960x720, 95K)

How it ended

Wrestlekingdom 11, 12 and 13 are the best Okada anime

The only thing good about Kiznaiver where the memes. Which is par for the course for Okadashit.

Attached: kiznaiver op.webm (640x360, 2.6M)

I didn't know Okada worked on Wandering Son.

Attached: Ohana surprised.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Still listening to that song regularly.

Does anyone have the key frame with Tenga turning into a monster? That alone should be an explanation of what originally was planned for Kiznaiver but then they forced Okada to do her usual.

Attached: [Asenshi] Kiznaiver - 12 [843B07E3].mkv_snapshot_23.59_[2016.06.26_16.53.11].jpg (1280x720, 57K)

Nope, okada was stopped by trigger niggers, kiznaiver being shit is not her fault.

I forgot she was involved in Gosick. I'll give credit where credit is due, I genuinely enjoyed Gosick. I also liked Basilisk but I don't think it's fair to get her too much credit for that one; since it is basically Romeo & Juliet with ninjas.

>tfw you were the first one to shill this manga on Yea Forums back in 2016
>posted in on Yea Forums and no one cared until later
>posted in on /u/ and told me it was not yuri
>after many years finally ending series
I feel absolutely great.

Attached: TL fucking when.jpg (720x604, 101K)

KG literally has the same plot as two other anime at least and no one in the world would remember it if not for TABERU~

I did too but doing a script for a LN adaptation sounds like grunt work to cut off the story to have it fit into episodes more than anything

RIP BBS guy
He was a real human bean

Ohana a CUTE!

Her boyfriend is lucky. Ohana has the good qualities from her mom and baa-chan, also she is 10/10 cutie.

IBO was the only semi realistic Gundam in terms of character writing

Unironicly you need to have a good grasp of history and geopolitics to apriciate it.

IBO S1 was fantastic. S2 then ruined everything. Kind of like how M3's first half seemed like the story was going to be far smarter than it ended up being.

Same with Nagi no Asukara. The story just abandons all its own themes and goes balls deep into retarded okadashit love triangle drama.

>decent script
>instrumentality ending
No. M3 was a fucking mess and disappointment.

No.

>not 0080
>not X

How to spot someone who only watched a couple of normalfag Gundam series like Wing or Seed.

fractale was kino though, same with WUG.

>Seed
Not to derail the thread or anything but what the fuck is up with Japs and Seed/Destiny. How in the ungodly fuck can they love that shit so much. Is it for its comedic value? Or do they truly have shit taste? I have never understood this.
pic unrelated.

Attached: Gunbuster.webm (600x452, 2.94M)

Only thing I like in this list is Kiznaiver's OP and maybe Hisone's eyecatch.

Attached: 1503802471965.jpg (3788x3447, 993K)

>IBO was the only semi realistic Gundam in terms of character writing
Are you on drugs? Okada relates to humans like an alien. She can't write compelling human relationships, only a bizarre counterfeit.

>IBO S1 was fantastic.
What? Have we seen the same show? It all goes to shit when they go to space and by the time when the meet with the mafia, the show is basically salvageable. It has such weird unexplainable bullshit like the mafia harem guy and all the romantic triangles that just make no sense at all and add nothing to the story. The first episodes were really great but it goes downhill really fast.

>IBO had one of the best first episodes in Gundam's recent history
Thanks for the laugh

This

The very first episode was great though. It was full of hope for what could be a good Gundam series. Everything went to shit like two episodes after that.

>The very first episode was great though
No it wasn't. You just got caught up by the forced hype

It had. It was an exciting and refreshing change of pace and the new timeline had potential to be really interesting. Even if you liked the first episode of, say, Unicorn better for being more Gundamish, the truth is that IBO could have been a very successful spin-off and the timeline wouldn't have been thrown to the trash like it was.

user, the two first episodes were great. It felt very Zone of the Enders it was a completely different feel from all the other Gundams. It could have been a very nice thing.

>It was an exciting and refreshing change of pace
>Did absolutely nothing different from the standard Gundam fare its just that newfags had not seen a Gundam series up until then.

I'm so fucking glad IBO was a dumpster fire.

>It felt very Zone of the Enders it was a completely different feel from all the other Gundams
Spoken like a true newfag

Okada loves childhood friends winning

Attached: 73547168_p0.png (1279x829, 529K)

>Why is he so obsessed with sexuality and women absolutely needing to be with a man?
Because is how it was meant to be obviously

I can't claim to have seen it all but I've seen a large chunk of it. IBO had a great couple of first episodes, I'm not sure why you're being such a hipster. The soundtrack was great and the first operation was exciting, it even did things a bit differently by having a face to face confrontation right out of the get-go to not hide the blood behind the mecha abstraction. There was nothing indicative that the show was going to be a dumpster fire that it was based on the first couple of episodes, only if you were already anticipating Okada royally fucking it up.

Same here, really enjoyed the series

Attached: 1567268878619.jpg (1920x1080, 469K)

WHY CAN'T I BE AS GOOD AS OKADA
REEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1490117218927.jpg (632x597, 91K)

>No it wasn't.
It was are you crazy?

If you're not writing anime, you're already better than she is, user. Cheer up.

>I'm not sure why you're being such a hipster.
How can you be a hipster for something that's not very popular to begin with?

>IBO had a great couple of first episodes
>there was nothing indicative that the show was going to be a dumpster fire
There were flaws present through those episodes biggest being that the animation was shit and the characterization was weak.

No you're crazy for saying it was great

>the animation was shit
That's Gundam for you and most Anime nowadays

My life feels like written by Mari Okada and I will go after her route and write stuff too.

>How can you be a hipster for something that's not very popular to begin with?
Not very popular? It was hugely popular, what are you going on about?
>There were flaws present through those episodes biggest being that the animation was shit and the characterization was weak.
You're nitpicking. Yes, the show was trash, but there was nothing bad about the first episodes. The characterisation wasn't weak, the characters were all still being introduced and we still had a good glimpse at their personalities and dynamics. And the animation was fine, there was nothing offensive about. Maybe you didn't like the art style or the fact that the rocky setting didn't make for stunning backgrounds, that's all personal taste, but the mech designs were nice and there was nothing off about the animation.

Gosick was pretty good until what I think was the main mystery turned out to be "white women are made to pleasure and breed with big black cocks".

Attached: 1565642634939.png (1920x1080, 2.38M)

>"white women are made to pleasure and breed with big black cocks".
Picked the fuck up.

>That's Gundam for you
Nah. This is coming after G-Reco and GBF too which is more embarrassing
>It was hugely popular,
It had the lowest TV ratings of any primetime Gundam series and is the reason why the Nichigo timeslot got canned. Sales also dropped hard. The reason why IBO is even a topic of discussion in Japan nowadays is because of the Orga meme which is just largely making fun of how shitty his death and IBO is.

>but there was nothing bad about the first episodes.
There was.

>The characterisation wasn't weak, the characters were all still being introduced and we still had a good glimpse at their personalities and dynamics
What personalities and dynamics?

> And the animation was fine
Nope people brought up how shitty the animation was from the first episode.

Just admit that you're a newshit like the plethora of other IBOfags.

>not liking simoun
You guys are gay

I thought it was asian male/white female r/asianmasculinity wish fulfillment, what the hell?

It was popular among western audiences (inb4 doesn't count). It got a lot of people into Gundam because it was a new timeline.

>What personalities and dynamics?
Orga's an Mikazuki's complicity comes to mind. Mikazuki doing autistic push ups was a good look into his no-nonsense personality. The power dynamics between the orphans and the corporate power structure of the organisation was well established. There was nothing wrong or offensive about it and you're just nitpicking because of aprioristic knowledge that the show was indeed shit.

>Nope people brought up how shitty the animation was from the first episode.
Animation has been shit for the longest time. The first episodes weren't bad by any stretch of the imagination. This wasn't GONZO or budget DEEN or what have you.

Man, she's unironically bretty good.

True Tears > Shit > Rest

Araburu Bingo.

Attached: Okada Bingo v2 - Araburu.png (1946x2890, 3.18M)

kek

Shouldnt those trains be wrecked?

>Tactical Deception

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Machikado Mazoku - 09 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00.29_[2019.09.05_14.34.42].jpg (1920x1080, 147K)

Agreed and Hisone should be higher.

Hisone to Masotan was bretty gud. Slim pickings otherwise

FPBP

>IBO S1 was fantastic. S2 then ruined everything.
Bullshit, it had a promising premise but it became a scout the princess mission with some dumb side stories. S2 at least had the mobile armor arc. It's a really boring Gundam show, any other have more watching value.

HisoMaso shits the bed halfway through. The best thing about that show had nothing to do with Okada's input in the production, namely the direction and the art work.

>S2 at least had the mobile armor arc.
>hyped as borderline unstopable weapon of total destruction
>few episodes later
>lol dainsleif

That's what I was trying to mean, it had a cool setup better than S1 and looked like the series was going to pick it up, and then it's back to boring status quo with their boring lifes. The whole series had no catharsis.

Over half of that stuff isn't even unique to okada.

So yeah, no one liked the 2nd half of savange maidens

Speak for yourself

Have sex

EXCUSE ME??

Attached: 1564061313054.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Was fish people a good series? I heard it was alright

triggered numale

it's funny how much the undesirables liked it

Fujiko MIne is shit too

unironically great

I love seething noefags. She had a serious case of the tism.

I love Okada.

I hate you

I don't feel anything for you at all. In fact, there is no need to.

SO WAS SHE HALF RUSSIAN OR NOT

Yes.

>one of the few tolerable things she wrote
Fuck off to reddit

forbidden love is checked

Russians have silver or white hair, she’s a European x Japanese hafu

Explain.

Maybe.

>hisomaso so low
I am highly offended

Attached: 1544211831824.jpg (333x349, 20K)

she should be banned from anime

It was completely unremarkable.