Houseki no Kuni Leaks

Long time no see my friends, it's time.
Here, have some leaks.
the chapter seens to be Phos and Aechmea talking while Phos is having a breakdown.

Attached: 932215b5c9ea15ce3ff1b610b9003af33a87b2a1.jpg (480x467, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=宝石之国&mo_device=1&pn=0&
twitter.com/orniflooop
shop.littlereddo.com/collections/enamel-pins/products/enamel-pin-houseki-no-kuni-set
docs.google.com/document/d/1hl1mMKiTFEblqjDLjAM_FrQJP0CB5CdXIUeVNopfkak/edit
sbnation.com/a/17776-football/chapter-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And this one, i'll be in the lookout for more.

Attached: 4520f8003af33a87e7725603c95c10385343b5a1.jpg (480x691, 115K)

>It's a rohiniposter chapter

How? Cairn isn't in a single panel of these leaked pages.

Phos look very cute and sexy, thank you Ichikawa

This manga died with cairn

>treat with care the memories of these 200 years
That's not an end you fucking suffering woman
Phos is going to meet the earth gems next chapter, again.

So, u n d e r s t a n d i n g?

Holy shit

We're finally nearing the healing chapter. I can feel it.

Gotta wonder what the point of fucking with Phos is anymore. He failed. Multiple times. Make literally any of the other gems take up your cause. Phos has nothing. No one likes him and he wants to die.

Suffering makes you human, the more you suffer and fail, the closer you get.

>leaks for ants
Also these aren't from the usual weibo leaker. Where do these come from?

I feel I can tolerate an Aechmea-heavy chapter after the plot and the reveals have actually moved on from the glacial pace of volume 10.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Houseki no Kuni (TV) - 01 [720p]_HD.mp4_snapshot_06.16.png (1280x720, 1.02M)

Yeah okay sure but in universe, what is the point? What possible reason could he have to fuck with him anymore? It's been 200 years. He wants to die. You can't get blood from a stone.

Because he can keep suffering and Phos has been the closest to get sensei to pray.
Moonies should have helped fend off the gems instead of wait until they vanish.

Did Phos explode again?

Houseki no Kuni and Made in Abyss getting chapters on the same day?

Is it time for those Houseki no Abyss threads to make a return?

It's not going to work a second time. Sending him back alone is just going to waste another 200 years and he's not gonna do anything after being reformed but walk into the ocean and die again.

Phos wants to tell something to the gems.
Maybe this one time it won't backfire.

No. It's not because the mangakas are married that the manga threads should be too.

It could be fun
>the mangakas are married
Holy fuck, cute

>Phos wants to tell something to the gems.
I don't think Phos wants to do anything but die at this point.

According to the preview for next month's chapter, he does.

Meanwhile on Baidu

Attached: 1540692390610.png (524x286, 208K)

Second time I see this pic on baidu this week, they sure like it when mangakas are brutal.

That's dumb.

>Phos is going to meet the earth gems next chapter, again.
You read it wrong.
It said Sensei wants to say something to the earth gems,
not Phos.

The married thing, you know it's just a joke, right user?

You almost had me there, then I remembered Tsukushi is a massive loli/shotacon kek

>Gotta wonder what the point of fucking with Phos is anymore.
Phos is the only one who can fulfill the task
>He failed. Multiple times.
Phos failed once with the night raid when Sensei didn't even show up, only sort of failed when going back to Earth when at least everyone learned that Sensei could successfully be activated and more recently when Bortz prevented the prayer from ending. Phos still has the most successful streak of anyone in countless millennia.
>Make literally any of the other gems take up your cause.
Well, no one else really can. Also Phos is beyond any care for the original task and just wants to be terminated. It's very likely that this chapter is going to have Aechmea try to convince Phos to try once again when Phos doesn't feel like doing anything anymore.

Attached: b7.png (1114x1600, 698K)

ÄAAAAAAAAAH WHY DID SHE GO BSACK TO THE MOON ALREADY INSTEAD OF KINO SEA ARC.
IT WAS ALL SET UP FOr HER TO FALL IN SEAAS WELL

Those threads were a nuclear option some idiot thought of to pitch two retarded generals that devolved into inane circlejerking around a time when both were undergoing a hiatus so that the shitposting would cancel out (which sort of worked).
Remaking it at a time when the series are actually putting out content for discussion would only reveal yourself for an underage retard or the spic Nanachi avatarfag

You shouldn't trust random suggestions on a Malaysian basket weaving forum to actually guess where a manga's plot is heading.

Attached: Ichikawagami ningen.jpg (406x661, 171K)

The AAAH thread was cool.

LEAKS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: __bort_and_diamond_houseki_no_kuni_drawn_by_bamil_kombami__6eb7d9e5c2e0709591d4a9ca0c4fef58.png (1470x1567, 1.84M)

Is the center picture some sort of giant gold hump? Is Phos transforming into a spider-like creature? If OP weren't a faggot and bothered pointing out a source I'd try to see for myself

>while Phos is having a breakdown.

Doesn't they always have a breakdown?

The series is really just one very long breakdown.

>middle page
Jesus Christ what the fuck. I thought demon Phos was the lowest Phos could get.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Attached: I LOVE PHOS!!!.jpg (768x768, 55K)

>came to see if by some miracle leaks came out today
>leaks actually came out today

Attached: FaceApp_1568987316305.jpg (500x375, 149K)

I bet you'll say that next month too

You mean the one that was deleted? (For good reason.)

How naive.
When was the last tome we got a genuine healing chapter?

The wedding?

If dubs Phos gets a happy ending

Holy fuck.

You did it user

Attached: 1561738400594.jpg (1153x1279, 100K)

Nani?!

Attached: d1bfe564-5bfc-404e-ba09-21c52a21d7d5.jpg (492x536, 79K)

bump for leaks

I find it to be interesting how I gradually stopped viewing Lapis's head as Lapis, and now only see it as Phos' head.

Attached: wait a second.jpg (232x240, 11K)

The sweet release of death

Phos has no choice but to keep going.

Attached: x21.jpg (2000x1440, 704K)

Working as intended then. The bowlcut probably helped too, as ugly as it might be.

Attached: Lapis crazy eyes decapitating himself.png (900x900, 658K)

And if you weren't such a newfag that doesn't know the baidu site that was shared here doesn't of time you wouldn't ask to begin with.

Here's the site newfag: tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=宝石之国&mo_device=1&pn=0&

Dozens*
My bad~

Fuck off, it's usually the weibo guy that has them first, baidu hasn't been linked in like a year

You want a happy ending?
Don't worry user, I've written the screen play for Houseki No Kuni already and I've gotten my most favorite actor "David Bowie" playing the part of Aechmea!
I hope you like musical numbers!

>Phos gets crushed like a literal insect
It hurts anons.

The weibo guy has vanished scared of those news about leakers being arested. And you must be fucking blind, every new leaks thread someone ask nicely for the link and it's the baidu one we share. Go look for yourself newfag.

Up to this point I was fairly certain that the moonies were going to get an Angel Beats ending but now that the three races have been so explicitly linked I'm not so sure anymore since it'd be way more thematically fitting if either all went away or all perma-stayed in the world as is

Attached: b19.png (1114x1600, 973K)

David bowie is not dead?

>who
Same people who do SnK

Attached: 1562413275699.png (1495x1080, 1.33M)

Attached: spoilers in slightly better quality.png (580x1031, 403K)

Really does look like bones

la creatura...

>Phos confronting moon gems
This I like.

This chapter is the dragon chapter aaaaaaaaaa

He shakes hands with Aech

Attached: He did it again.png (844x1200, 1.03M)

Remember when Laphos using the gold to skedaddle around was the most inhuman he'd look? Good times.
>well there's no Amida here today, just me

Is Phos getting crushed by something here after shaking Aechmea's hand?

have been away from this series for a while, did it ever get retranslated by a better group? i remember ch.30-60 being almost completely unreadable

Looks like motherfucking Cicada

Attached: file.png (567x828, 307K)

If we don't get more genki phos or slice of life rock stuff we riot

Yes,

I'm sorry, user... but he's no more...

Attached: EBnv-lWUIAAPvFo.jpg (599x680, 55K)

I dont want it to end fuck

It's just a big dog

It'll be 'k in the end

Attached: file.png (494x505, 216K)

spider phos?

aechmea crushes the spider, but saves it

fake

AAAAAAAAAAA
I LOVE PHOSS

Attached: tumblr_4b01f0f3f19492b30548e1e29571de59_2d7ed4ba_1280.jpg (691x1080, 180K)

I love how Ichikawa started drawing Phos like a twinky thing again, instead of having meme shoulders.

the smaller pages are too hard to read, but I believe the big one says ;

(Aechmea) “Take care of these 200 years’ memories”

(Right sidebar) “If the lunarians disappear, the regeneration of the gems who were attacked will go smoothly. Sensei’s "prayer” should be the way to do that.“

(Bottom) "Phos was put back together by Kongo.

Now, he will tell the Earth gems that ..-”

Phos looks like an ice floe on that bottom picture.

>If the lunarians disappear, the regeneration of the gems who were attacked will go smoothly.
so he still doesn't know. I was hoping Cringeworm would tell him.

i liked MIRIN phos manhandling other gems

Same stuff at the same time. Full raws on the 24th.

That's freaking horrifying bruh

This

And sky is blue. Why are you pretending to be someone you're not?

thx like always

Why are you saying he's fake? Chinkanon usually posts with just a name.

Spider Phos, Spider Phos
Does whatever with golden claws
He betrays his allies, gems drop dead just like flies
Abunai!
Here comes the Spider Phos

Is he fast?
Listen fags, he's got shell and agate legs.
Follow a logical thread? He has Lapislazuli's head
Hayai!
There goes the Spider Phos.

In the chill of winter
He will force his mentor
To go through with prayer
After centuries of despair

Spider Phos, Spider Phos
Poor misunderstood Spider Phos
On the moon he's ignored
Failure is his reward.

To him, life's a disaster set up
Where his body gets fucked up
Ganbare Spider Phos!

Attached: Phos Ex.jpg (1400x1050, 828K)

Based and gempilled.

go to bed Dia

Can you do a devilman version?

why can't phos chill out seriously?
fuck phos

>Post honk gem

Attached: D2-6WKnUwAM1YXO.jpg (1199x905, 79K)

Attached: tumblr_ps3lp9j0xX1toj660o1_400.png (400x471, 75K)

>part of his face missing and large chunks of his body missing + regeneration mentioned again
Red Dia merge soon.

Attached: r20.png (1426x2048, 659K)

I really really really don't want Phos to get red chunks of hair.

>Phos accessing ancient memories and speaking to a mature and wise Red Dia

What are the chances of Phos getting traces of Antac since she's been put back together again, just for the sake of less suffering?

Attached: 1568606550698.jpg (1070x740, 53K)

Next to none. Also, forever absorbing into yourself the little consciousness left of a friend you wanted to save to the point of erasure hardly counts as a good thing.

Attached: Antarc NEVER GIVE UP.png (500x400, 93K)

Phos is so handsome

It'll be all red user, lapis will be his brain

>red dia
>wise and mature

Attached: 1558206705688.png (401x539, 304K)

What killed the hype?

Blackcorn

Carbuncle

constant and repeated phos failures and also the lack of a second season

Once we reach a certain threshold of suffering we become adjusted to it and seeing it after that has barely any impact. Ichikawa has just been battering us with suffering after suffering without giving us any pause or dangling some hope to make the suffering have any weight.

The anime ended and the bandwagon anime only fans moved on to other flavors of the month.

wait i don't remember this. what chapter was it?

Is it just me or does the circular gold around his head remind you of a halo

Oh boy, having here in a while, but things doesn't look as bad as 5 months ago.

Attached: 1549134964862.jpg (640x570, 23K)

An actual whole year of suffering along with a hiatus and slow progress.

nice pic

kek

The joke is that the difference between dead and alive isn't something Ichikawa is familiar with.

Saved.

These threads.

Baltz

>she will never joke with others again
everyday we are faced with the blackhole void that is life

Attached: Sad Phos.jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

>more moon
>more Aechmea

Fucking garbage, this manga has been shit for how long now? It's never getting better is it?

>while phos is having a breakdown
>also more talking with moon asshole

Oh okay well it's been a good chapter see you guys in 30 more days when maybe something will actually fucking happen after what seems like years of dicking around on the moon

Attached: 1558490310154.jpg (556x556, 74K)

>have to wait a month for another chapter about the earth gems who are all but irrelevant without phos normally

This kind of plot development isn't well suited to a monthly manga, you can't have euclase and phos and cairngorm all sharing screentime by splitting the chapter focus between them. It feels like there's a desire to develop the other characters but the problem is the story only really flows well when Phos is the only viewpoint we get.

>red dia either restores Phos' love in sensei or is so disillusioned with sensei that phos spins further into insanity

Attached: housekey no cunny red diamond.png (652x756, 308K)

Attached: 76715929_p31.png (919x1325, 447K)

Somehow you just know if a piece of fanart was drawn by a non-Japanese.

The black and white certainly helps. If there's a second season, it might be harder to ignore.

Red Dia, the first gem ever born? N i c e

Did anyone even give a shit about Phos beside Dia, Ghost and Antarc?

It's always been black and white though, apart from Vol 7's cover.

twitter.com/orniflooop

looks pretty japanese to me?

???
I'm talking about an anime second season, which would be colored. The color difference will be blatant, constant and harder to ignore than on the manga's black and white.

I still think that with the short hair the difference will be pretty distinct. Phos's facial expressions are pretty distinct from Lapis's outside of a few parts anyway.

Well shit, my prejudices got the better of me. I apologize.

Attached: IMG_20190902_133047.jpg (1818x2670, 389K)

Sasuga drawanon

It's earth chapter next month user

kek

god i love pads

Attached: That's a Gift.png (204x184, 12K)

truly the best character and senpai

>iProduct filename

bump

I’m very interested to see what triggers phos to spread his gold spindles throughout the scene, also remember that these are unlikely in the correct sequence. Thanks for leaks, OP.

The leakers usually post things in the right order, it's the anons who post it here that get it wrong.

I think morg and Goshe did although just maybe surface level care like the other gems but even they are gone.

Nugget...

>(Aechmea) “Take care of these 200 years’ memories”
I guess it is about time for more memory fuckery, if that's what's being implied. Maybe we'll get a happier Phos back for a while.

Attached: 1556022220088.png (147x120, 22K)

Good god, just how demented is Phos going to end up?

Attached: 1556029187835.png (601x353, 366K)

I don't see the issue with these. The first half of volume 10 being unfulfilling and boring -everyone was rightfully vocal about it- because the stakes had been nullified. The gems were now comfortable on the moon, Aechmea never betrayed Karen after all and all Phos could do was biding her time before going back on Earth because most reasons for conflict with moonies had been removed.
Now we have a Phos who's had enough and is going insane, we know what Aechmea had been holding from everyone, Karen has to decide whether she wants to spill the beans, and moon gems have to take a stance on the whole issue.

That's not an off-model Dia, it's the Promare girl cosplaying.

Attached: Lapis sitting atop lapislazuli.png (800x1080, 939K)

Thanks, Get these when they are still in stock, as thanks
shop.littlereddo.com/collections/enamel-pins/products/enamel-pin-houseki-no-kuni-set

Phos has had many breakdowns at this point, at a certain stage in the story she needs to just stop being surprised about everything being fucked

>girl

Now this is shitposting

arigato user, phos is saved. Suffering is no more!

Attached: 1538241227210.jpg (1300x1300, 465K)

the happy ending is reincarnating with sensei and all her dumb friends as new humans

I mean, with the official confirmation of the unescapably tied fate of man's descendants it's either a reset ending with humanity coming back or an UNDERSTANDING one where all three races coexist and accept their lot in life.

Is it a boy? I have completely ignored anything Promare after they revealed it was a movie.

Attached: houseki10.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

Attached: gu.png (202x172, 23K)

I honestly would prefer an ending where sensei somehow gains a real soul and is released into the cycle of reincarnation with Phos taking his place to teach the new humanity

>is it a boy

I heard it was all boys from the way down but since there are no subs I can't say for certain. Wait a month when the next chapter comes out so I can complain about that too and we'll see.

it died when ichikawa decided to throw pieces of other gems at phos instead of having her improve at a steady rate. she can just disregard any weakness by assimilating any dense mineral.
don't disregard the fact that these threads attract the worst individuals on Yea Forums, homosexuals and transvestite individuals. they are the greatest evil to ever exist

T-thanks user

Attached: 1566843912670.jpg (2048x2048, 563K)

I just started to watch and read this recently so several days ago i have to scourge all Yea Forums archives to read all the goodness I'm left behind. Now I'm very glad to finally be able to join the live thread.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-18-15-52-54-604.jpg (1078x650, 243K)

What if sensei goes to the moon?

Attached: Salt Sensei.jpg (1861x1488, 523K)

We're gonna get a second season, right guys?

Attached: the guard looks at you with a troubled uncomfortable glare.jpg (600x450, 172K)

Fall 2021, you heard it here.

>Is it a boy?
He's a cute gem

Attached: 1565038708387.jpg (1172x1379, 344K)

I made that post. Good times.

Gems have wider chests and lower set hips than he does, but close enough.

Better?

Attached: ECJE7rVVAAA7OGo.jpg (1800x2262, 464K)

That post did not age well.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

I don't really see it since it'd feel inconsistent with the setup. The original, underlying conflict in the series is created by the contrast between the human and inhuman elements everything shares. All the races, including the artificial Adamant, experience distress because they're human-like but miss some key element that would make them *real* humans, therefore allegedly balanced and redeemed.
So you have a contast between the idea that everyone's existence is legitimate and irreversible because no matter if you're a moving sapient rock, a fleshy seaslug, an indestructible machine or a disambodied immortal spirit, being human is all about change so everyone's human *enough* on one hand: while on the other, the whole lore sets up an actual need for redemption from unescapable suffering and the need for a 'paradise' of sorts where full humanity and happiness in a moving present can be regained.
"Sensei gains a real soul" doesn't sound like it gets at the bottom of this to me.

Attached: Sensei and the attack of the chibi Antarcs.jpg (1860x2118, 456K)

Cairngorm is a nigger

This manga is funny.

Attached: yellow don't feel pain.png (1240x1240, 550K)

And the sky is blue

Attached: 1561443392183.jpg (846x1200, 114K)

Attached: jade 1509828804540.png (565x600, 69K)

Cumsocks is many things
docs.google.com/document/d/1hl1mMKiTFEblqjDLjAM_FrQJP0CB5CdXIUeVNopfkak/edit

I don't want adamant to be alone, if it comes down to it then Phos should be the reincarnation of Kongou's creators.

He'll die before series ends surrounded by gems so he won't have to be alone anymore. And Phos will become something no one was able to become, not even humanity(the Houseki no Kuni).

I'll admit, it is kind of becoming a bit contrived and winded. It might just be that now that i've caught up with the manga i'm getting bogged down in the slow update speed but I think a large part is also with how dialogue and exposition seems to be the common denominator for these last few volumes - no more combat, no more sacrifice and no more kawaii - just 'muh suffering'.

Yeah, oh no so much suffering, give us the fucking ending already or the sea arch. We're not getting any sea arch? End it then. End the fucking manga, it's been too long since anything happened.

Phos goes down to Earth, gets whipped.
Moongems become self absorbed sociopaths.
One timeskip later:
Moongems are metaphors for 21st century Japan (sugoi social commentary desu!) and Bortz whips Phos again, Rutile has also become a one dimensional character (implying she wasn't at the start).

FUCKING END THE MANGA, END IT NOW

it's not suffering anymore, it's just the same, it's stagnating lmao how can you not see that a psychiatric examination of yellow by amethyst is the least interesting thing on my feed right now

how can you not see that phos going down getting whipped by bortz getting chewed out by rutile, timeskip, and the same happening becomes fucking tedious?

no it's muh nigger-suffering time again, just like last month, next month and the month after that
it's good because it's 'suffering'

this is the same shit with berserk when will you fuckers learn?

I'm betting against Sensei surviving the manga too, since he already achieved personal happiness with the gems, what's keeping him from being satisfied is being conscious that he failed as a Buddha because his role as a bosatsu and his programming are directly at odds with one another. Carrying humanity's legacy into the future to ensure civilization could restart ended up in his failure to protect/save his children. Also it's very likely that he had some part in whatever made ningen go extinct.
Solve that conflict in a way that has him realize he did more good than bad and he's good to go, after all we used to get endless teasing that he's very, very tired.

Attached: Land of the Lustrous - c035 (v05) - p149 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2146x3056, 1.72M)

I'm allergic to trigger, stop posting these please.

Here's your "one more Lio", sir.

Attached: 1564877255872.jpg (1000x750, 106K)

Moe has fixed berserk and it is now considered a peerless masterpiece.

Awful taste, Aechmea.

I hope that the Parappa question gets addressed this chapter. Which one could it be?
A) Aechmea could have him fixed all along but didn't want someone who could mess with his plans around
B) They had found a way to fix him but it came at some highly cost
C) Karen or someone else had the restoration halted
D) Ichikawa's a lazy hack
E) Something else; None of the above

Attached: k4.png (1114x1600, 1.28M)

F) Padparadcha was fixed but saw that Phos was having a nap and decided to have one himself

you’re fucken retarded man

Attached: 0D8C468E-FEFB-481B-BA84-E79DAD2C15F0.png (550x750, 6K)

I had thought of that possibility but I'd rule that out seeing as Parappa's still in the same clothes as the night raid and immediately asks about what happened

Phoneposters are retarded by default, so

Attached: k5.png (1114x1600, 1.24M)

Pads seemed fairly fragile, what with breaking his fingers when pulling one of the chest pieces out and not being able to sit up without Goshe helping, so maybe it was just that they could wake pads up but not in a permanent manner like before.

David Bowie only like niggers, you twat.

>Pads seemed fairly fragile, what with breaking his fingers when pulling one of the chest pieces out
I give you the sleepiness but this point makes no sense. The inserts are wedged in to a point where they can stay in place due to sheer pressure against the holes. Of course if you had to forcibly remove them you'd have to scrape a bit the outer part to get a grip, and any material would damage any other chunk of it since the hardness is the same.

Attached: ruby inserts.png (1280x720, 1.09M)

I say that because Pad's fingers and the outline of the chest insert were breaking whilst the insert itself looked spotless. Maybe it's just for dramatic effect, but Ichikawa does have some attention to detail.

Bork!

Say something nice about this rock.

Attached: 1553863839473.png (1920x1080, 1.75M)

At least he tried?

I know you want this, user.

Attached: EBCtJcYU8AInC-v.jpg (750x1000, 67K)

He tried so hard but got so far...

Attached: It shouldn't have been like this.png (824x372, 242K)

Nah, look where the fingers are. He damaged himself to keep the piece clean.

Attached: k23.png (1114x1600, 998K)

Yes.

Is Phos preggo?

Phos started the story eternally stuck in childhood physically (through her extremely weak body) and mentally, which meant that unlike the others she had room to grow. Her inclusions take well to anything, even things that aren't even crystals. She could "grow" and mature through physically replacing pieces of her body and thus her memories and sense of self. The others don't heal anywhere as fast and they can only really take their own materials, leaving them perpetually static and thus unable to achieve the "humanity" Phos did, which would prevent them from passing Adamant's authentication

At first glance the Admirabilis should be able to pass it as well if that was the only criteria, but I think the limiting factor is that they're pretty much animals. They are capable of change but their psychology seems to still be different from a human's, in that they lack any real ambition to change the world or do anything other than live through their lives chilling at the bottom of the ocean inside their kingdom. That princess from earlier on this arc may be the exception, but that's a given since she's obviously meant to mirror Phos at the start of the story

Spamming your shit nene everywhere.

I feel like on a human level sensei knows but on a selfish level sensei can't let those things happen

Padpacha only cares about Phos' succeeding and no one having to fight anymore/Rutile no longer being insane

Hence why Pads throws her heart at Rutile to make her stop rampaging, because the entire point of Pads on the moon is so Pads is fixed but Rutile has become so nuts she can't accept anyone but her fixing Pads.

after the last chapter I have no choice but to accept that, to think the character you liked never even existed? Ichikawa you demon

I feel like people get too caught up in the Buddhist themes while analyzing this series and lose sight of all the neat stuff being done as a psychological, highly symbolic coming-of-age story. I'd go as far as saying that the central theme is not suffering but change, in one's self as well as within relationships

What things exactly?

Well it's good that you reminded us all that water is wet but that doesn't have anything to do with the posts you're quoting

Attached: kneeling Lapis Craig.jpg (1280x1772, 547K)

I agree with both these posts.
I also agree this series should come to an end soon. I'm not that interested in a sea-arc personally. It's a good series, but there's only so many times Phos can fail without me rolling my eyes. It's getting exhausting.

I agree but it's not like the two are mutually exclusive. Change is probably the biggest theme in the manga but impermanence and change *are* reasons for suffering: whether it's the inability to change or to adapt to it or the ennui that comes with the absence of it. Conversely, radical changes, even when willing or necessary, are often portrayed as something that comes with a whole other bag of issues and problems -poor Phos being the poster gem for that but Karen and the moon gems too

Attached: x8.jpg (1000x1423, 330K)

It all started when the author got into minecraft

Attached: 1532827476422.png (422x422, 149K)

I would give Ichikawa vials of my own blood to know what her minecraft worlds look like

Don't believe anything the filthy moon man says. The most important thing he's told Phos turned out to be a GIGANTIC lie of omission and I'm betting the stuff with Cairngorm is, too. The interaction between Cairn and Ghost went both ways, it was never either one-sidedly manipulating the other. Even after Ghost got chipped away they remained as a sort of gestalt through the bits behind her eyes. They've been that way ever since they were born, that's their actual gem structure and they're probably not really supposed to be separated. Or at the very least, Ghost/Cairn in their original state, Cairn with Ghost behind her eyes and current Cairn are all meaningfully different individuals from each other. If I make you a rum and coke that's its own kind of drink, it's not an impure version of either rum or coke. It doesn't help that Aechmea's entire motivation to do this is lust for the gembutt

This. It's like people preaching on and on how NGE is a Christian anime because it uses a lot of Biblical terms and imagery.
All the Buddhist themes are just window dressing.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - 23' [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][78ADF63D].mkv_snapshot_11.36_[201 (1440x1080, 684K)

More than ending the story abruptly I would prefer a satisfying continuation. I'm really fond of this series but this last year of publication has been so frustrating that it makes us forget all the recently revealed (and potentially interesting) plot points. At this point every time I see Phos I can't but feel like they look like a helpless dog that is being kicked by everyone. Also the relationships seem stagnant with all the gems acting like psychos and the lunarians like dickheads. Hope Ichikawa wakes the fuck up and realises that readers don't want to be tortured with endless circles of frustration and suffering.

It definitely feels like we're reaching a conclusion. All the original plot threads have been more or less resolved. Phos matured to the point that she not only became a capable fighter but was able to see the pointlessness of the conflict, some of the Admirabilis are free, Cinnabar has a job (in protecting Sensei ever since she BTFO Pad during the Night Raid), we've seen the Lunarians (also wrapping up Alexandrite), we know a bit more about sensei's background, Bortz and Diamond broke up, Pads was fixed and had to fuck herself up again, and even the bit about the encyclopedia is wrapped up now that Phos has Lapis' knowledge and photographic memory. All the plot points we're working through now were introduced relatively recently

Pretty much the only person who hasn't changed at all is Bortz. I wonder where Yellow Diamond will go, too

Cairn and Ghost were more like looking into a bucket of water and oil. The oil has more substance and is always on top unless stirred or shaken somehow. It's better for everyone if the oil and water have their own container, because even if everyone's used to the bucket of oil slicked water, they all treated it like just a bucket of oil and that's not fair or healthy for the water.

It's not as deep as anons try to make it now, but I doubt Anno accidentally went to a Christian missionary school during his formative years. Ichikawa went to a Buddhist high school, which is closer to the westernfag idea of university as far as how well you're taught the subjects you take.

>it's better for everyone
Not seeing it. Even for cairngorm herself it's only led to her wanting to be female and mortal, both things which gems by nature can't be and aren't capable of conceptualizing. Not only that, but she does not even understand what dying entails, yet she still wants to do it to please Aechmea. Like, she unironically wants to kill herself for the sake of his slimeball boyfriend who had no issue with genociding the other 2 sentient species left anywhere in sight so that the lunarians (who let's not forget, are basically the pond scum that came out of the pool where all the souls of people too shitty to merit a prayer congealed after the afterlife was proven as scientific fact) got to die as well

Let us not forget that Karen didn't forget about that casual line about 'before you came to the moon' either

Most of the things you listed don't leave people in a viable, healthy position where conflicts have been resolved though, most of those were just brushed aside.
It's a plot point that the moon gems chose to adhere to the shallow lunarian mindset, but removing yourself from a conflict that has two sides to it isn't narrative closure.

Attached: k6.png (1114x1600, 1.41M)

I meant in a more normal situation on Earth. Craig didn't become moonslut because he was separated, he became moonslut because he was targeted by a child predator for grooming. I'm more trying to say that if Craig had actual autonomy before suddenly being thrown into the world/winter duty, he would have had time to mature and become somewhat adjusted, so he wouldn't have been so susceptible to the first bit of attention he got.

>don't leave people in a viable, healthy position
I don't think that's either thematically or naratively possible. Several of the gems are already tired of living just four thousand years into their life which theoretically could continue until the sun burns out (the lunarians might just petty enough to seed other solar systems with the capacity to create gem life until heat death in that case). The lunarians are never going to stop being shallow assholes, which means the gems are going to keep getting tortured. The admirabilis are just completely out of the picture unless the lunarians get them for good. Adamant is already malfunctioning and this will likely continue until he either breaks down entirely or someone eventually (whether 20 or 20 billion years after the end of the story) manages to activate him. And all sides are incapable of changing their nature for the better (because of their literal physiology for the fragments and because of programming in Adamant's case)

From the last few chapters, Phos is at her lowest point in the story so far and a lot still needs to happen as far as her development goes before I would call it satisfyingly concluded. It will depend on what will happen in the next few chapters, but another dramatic change seems to be in order for Phos to somehow get over all the frustration and despair she must be feeling right now.

I couldn't agree more with you. Pretty much every plot point that got "resolved" doesn't leave anyone in a healthy mindset or relationship. It would be extremely disappointing if the manga ended without giving a proper ending to things like the earth and moon gem relationships (especially Cinnabar and Phos'), Sensei's past, Cairn's further growth and realisation about their husband, Admirabilis real reason to be on the moon (I bet Aechmea omitted more than a few Infos there) and last but not least what Aechmea's lied about and Phos' fiscal and mental situation (seventh treasure and so on).

>phos' fiscal situation

Lol I ment physical, I guess I'm unintentionally projecting my own problems on Phos.

>I don't think that's either thematically or naratively possible.
You're just pointing out that the characters' inner conflicts and issues are directly caused by the world the story is set in and that the main problem behind everything can't be solved without changing the whole setting altogether.
Congratulations are due, you have finally figured out what the story is about as the very title spells out. Gembutts is not some slice of life work teaching how to make the best out of hard situations because life's worth living anyway. Gembutts asks you "How do you live in a world where paradise and salvation are supposed to be real when you don't have a Messiah to usher you in?"
In case someone still remembers Sunday without God, Houseki no Kuni's lore is quite literally Buddhist Kaminai: God is real, Heaven is real, but God retired from the world and Heaven's closed so everyone must endure a potentially horrible, functionally immortal existence on Earth. Sure there's an ongoing plot with character developments and twists, but in the end everything boils down to the world having a giant fucking problem that needs resolving: the question is if and how Phos can do it.

Attached: [Doki] Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi - 07v2 (1920x1080 Hi10P BD FLAC) [AE5F2E92].mkv_snapshot_06.18.pn (1920x1080, 3.18M)

Attached: 1558721339111.png (1024x972, 391K)

watch moar animu

Put that way, it reminds me of this clusterfuck as well
sbnation.com/a/17776-football/chapter-1

Stop forcing a false narrative and attempt present it as evidence.

Attached: 1532738908447.png (1000x1000, 138K)

You sound upset.

Attached: Shinobu.png (1920x1080, 1.16M)

Not him but I like that take. I'm not certain that we'll reach a point where that EXPLICITLY becomes the point of the story (Ichikawa never spells out the implications of the concepts in her work like that) but it's definitely something that has to get solved for a satisfying conclusion. Unless Phos just gives up and lets Adamant pray everyone away

You sound like failure.
How? The manga is stale and will probably die soon.

Attached: 39011805_2215406522036437_4956836238943322112_n.jpg (640x640, 76K)

>NOOOO DON'T YOU DARE MENTION BUDDHISM IN THIS BUDDHIST MANGA
Fuck off nigger, you're obsessed

This page literally spells out that the main conflict between the whole story is unsolvable under the present conditions. What more do you want?

Attached: b18.png (1114x1600, 358K)

Who are you quoting?
I gladly accept your surrender.

Attached: 1555554254882.png (1280x720, 781K)

Attached: Do0v62cUwAAsUBx.jpg (1318x2048, 449K)

Not sure if you meant to reply to me or the other guy, but I think the entirety of Star Lover is a pretty solid argument for Ichikawa never putting the greater themes of her writing front and center. She can get REALLY fucking esoteric if she wants to, but almost everything is left to reader interpretation. I haven't seen two people gather the same message from that story and that's without mentioning the bunch of people who didn't see past surface level and thought it was advocating pedophilia

Calm down you niggerfaggots and look at my Pad!

Attached: Padpadscha (largest and thickest).jpg (964x669, 134K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I LOVE ANIKI

SAGE SAGE SAGE

Attached: 1493364046539.png (862x767, 772K)

You know sage literally does nothing, right?

>tfw lapis' beatiful head is no more

it will lower your shit thread since mods won't bother pruning it

Attached: 1568689816118.jpg (340x460, 41K)

No, it really, actually, does nothing. Posting SAGE SAGE SAGE just makes you look like an idiot when anyone can make a post and bump the thread back up again.

>WAHHH FUN NOT ALLOWED
keep losing sleep and bump it endlessly

Attached: 1555443218173.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

What's going on in this thread?

Attached: Hisoka-chan.png (490x488, 365K)

Suffering.

Attached: 153464564567.png (1000x866, 624K)

Gotta wonder if Rutile will calm down or even go back to operating on him at all, I feel like there's the possibility she's too far gone

>him
Nah that's picrelated.

Attached: 48491.jpg (225x350, 27K)

Don't remind me.

Why are you bumping the thread?

Attached: 1420911043435.jpg (498x482, 69K)

To make your life harder.

I’m not sure if anybody has pointed this out yet but shinsha isn’t on the inside flap anymore.

Attached: 8F848F06-6C84-4F00-A6E7-8770F08D6695.jpg (1536x2336, 679K)

Attached: :).jpg (1000x917, 657K)

Based, fuck Shinsha. Fuck Bortz, fuck Rutile and most importantly, fuck Cairngorm!

Attached: he cute.png (1000x1000, 177K)

make this fun atleast
posts some tits and timestamp it's not like you're productive or valuable anyway

Attached: 1545351500626.jpg (443x550, 60K)

Are you sure? Could you take a pic that isn't 50% glare?

Attached: 1564008343340.jpg (1300x2000, 284K)

Sadly she is, look closer.

Attached: 20190922_100405.jpg (3120x2820, 3.98M)

>193470522
dumb frogposter

That's my cum.

Attached: 1559545767243.jpg (600x563, 58K)

Attached: Book Say You Faggot.jpg (197x255, 18K)

This one’s a bit better

I suppose that counts. I still feel like this either means he’s no longer going to be relevant to the story or is setting up for something like shinsha being on the front cover next volume.

Attached: BA748CBA-FA27-4FB7-A170-36D6B60E3A2B.jpg (1536x2852, 571K)

He hasn't been relevant in ages. He only ever shows up to show how much Phos has grown by comparison

Thanks. I really wasn't buying that she was dumping the trend, this really cements that he's farther away than ever. In both the sense of how much Phos thinks about him total and in terms of how often Shinsha thinks about how he hates Phos.

Attached: Sakurafish.jpg (600x600, 39K)

>he
kill yourself

Attached: Seyana.png (316x490, 108K)

The user said "he" so I thought it would read better. Besides, they use masculine pronouns in japanese, don't they?

They do, mostly. There are a couple exceptions for rocks that wanted to differentiate, but they still even call each other brothers, not sisters.

retard

True, but a lot of people have seen him being the inside cover as proof he's going to become relevant again or have a "redemption arc". I guess we'll have to wait until the next volume to see.

Don't respond to the blatant shitposters.

Attached: 1569090159196.jpg (1920x1200, 1.61M)

Based

Mangaka ruined the manga with her fetish parade

Do you see the ending anywhere near? I've had enough, I can't handle it. This series is like alcohol to me, even if you like it you can't keep drinking it, it's bad for you, and you're gonna wake up with a massive headache.

Attached: 2018-04-01-957725.jpg (4096x2366, 1.37M)

The manga was at its best between finding Ventri and meeting Ghost/Cairn

Attached: low hardness gang.jpg (2048x1450, 528K)

This is the endless eight period, next we'll go onto the disappearance era kino.

I would like to see more interaction between Phos and Ghost.

Attached: D_OvvDVUwAAKG1i.jpg (1400x1900, 201K)

Both Ghost and Antarc really could have used at least a couple more chapters

Attached: DwN_Z5dV4AAIJ58.jpg orig.jpg (1370x1959, 194K)

I miss Ghost

Attached: EDd3jvbVUAEQXat.jpg (1717x1322, 116K)