Promare

Cam rip is out now

Did Trigger save anime again?

Attached: EEmmtaBUcAAKJWk.jpg (2064x2920, 940K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VpfEdvU3OB4
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=76103806
twitter.com/promare_movie/status/1174157687057051649
youtube.com/watch?v=imghgSOSSAs
toho.co.jp/theater/ve/promare/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just got back. It was pretty good. Not a fan of 3D though, last third was mostly 2D Gurren Lagan fanservice though.

Fujobait though, I legit thought that blonde was a girl before seeing the movie. Wouldve maybe liked a series more honestly.

It's 100% what you expect from Trigger and I say this as a Trigger fanboy.

Good:
>Animation is absolutely fucking ridiculous.
>Cute girls
>Dub is pretty good.
>A SHIT TON of Trigger/Gainax references.
>Overall pretty cool designs.
>Characters are generally pretty good if not archetypical of Trigger

Bad:
>Story is nonsense
>Way too many Trigger references.
>Action is pretty messy sometimes
>3Dcg is pretty bad
>Music ranges from decent to downright awful

I loved it overall, but even as a fanboy I can see the problems. It feels like Trigger is bummed they didn't ""technically"" make Gurren Lagann so they just tried to stick the plot into a two hour movie

Where is that camrip, OP-oniisan?

legit another gay albino villain?

Attached: 1562468983404.jpg (680x535, 47K)

love it

Saw it both subbed at Otakon and dubbed in theaters.
The VAs did a good job overall.
My criticisms still stand that the pacing in the last third of the movie was rushed and the movie was borrowing a bit too much from KLK and GL, but the animation and music were spectacular.

Attached: 1395451676024.jpg (1280x720, 397K)

Is pretty much spot on. I didn't expect much from the plot, and Trigger delivered. Might go back on Thursday to see it subbed. (Only saw the dub because I can't rewind if I didn't pick something up)

Enjoyable film. Loved the animation, though I do agree that they could have done a bit more with the characters.
A little too straightforward, they were.

It being a series would have helped the pacing, but hurt the quality of animation.

This is pretty accurate.
Movie's hella gay though.

They do CPR with each other

He's neither albino nor a villain.

does this plot really need characters with more depth

Dub sucks,
Only interesting thing it has FLCL Haruko's eng VA for one of the girls.

Glad I saw the premiere at AX where it was hype as shit before seeing it with a boring crowd with a shit parent that brought his noisy toddler.
Gonna go again for the subs.

No, but it never hurts.
I'm not asking for Shakespeare, but even Gurren Lagann and Diebuster had character depth that stuck with you.

It's just something I like, even in my over-the-top mecha romps.

I actually quite enjoyed the dub. It was really wild to hear Haruko and Spike Spiegel talking to one another. But I would like to hear the sub as well, I generally like triggers VA picks

I didn't really see it as that gay. More bro-mance. The kiss didn't bother me too much. Galo is just a guy who wants to fight fires. He don't wanna fuck.

can we finally agree that CG anime isn't inherently bad and can be done well?

>Galo is just a guy who wants to fight fires. He don't wanna fuck.
But Galo tied down with Lio power bottoming in cowgirl position? I can cum just thinking about it.

I think I would have like it more if the writing was a bit better. Kinda disgusting how they tried to justify burning towns by saying they always made sure people had a way to escape and not die.

Were people still arguing that?
If done well, it's fine.
It's just that a lot aren't done well.

Link?

Yes, months ago when it came out in japan
Fuck the dub

I think the worst part is that there is an online 10 minute prequel that fleshes out all the characters in the fire fighting squad that could have been easily added to the film :/

Fuck no.

>Music ranges from decent to downright awful
What

WHERE IS THE RIP FAGGOT?

I was impressed with how well it was used in Gridman and it looks good here. Trigger seems to know how to use it pretty well.

Is he based?

Attached: hiroyukiimaishi.png (300x399, 257K)

It can certainly be done well, but it's shit 95% of the time.

I think it takes people who understand 2D animation very well to be able to do 3D in anime successfully. That being said I'd prefer if Trigger stuck to 2D since there's not enough kanada style to go around these days. At least they're making good steps, seems standards for it are finally going up.

>not liking the music
What is it like to have such bad taste?

Post your ticket stubs, theaterfags. Censor your locations if you must.

Same here but it was at AX and yes, the Trigger panel that went afterwards had an earthquake and yes, the line to get in the AX Trigger panel was alll sorts of fucked.

Can’t wait to see this inevitably get the series treatment, because I can tell this was originally going to be a series

Attached: EEC3ACBA-CD67-45B3-849B-36D7D2171A47.jpg (1125x904, 786K)

I had a QR code breh, it's 2019

They've said it was gonna be a movie from the start, but I'm with you I don't believe them.

Also I had QR code too. Kinda wish I had physical ticket to keep cause I'm sentimentalfag.

>thought I was going to get a meal with my movie
>'no, you didn't get that option and not in that room'
I was fucking livid.

Attached: 2019-09-18.png (838x1060, 345K)

>dub sucks
B-b-but based Trigger supervised the dub themselves

Attached: F318267D-363A-437E-9E2D-7E969D22B1D2.jpg (2001x979, 779K)

Would literally go watch it again if i didnt have work. God i wish i was a neet.

>not saving trees like a boss
Where's your Burning Spirit, user?

Fuck I watched it in English, what the fuck ussually they run the subtitle first then English

Hi Japanese Michael Bay

some of the music comes straight out of a marvel movie

that's pretty bad

why is OP lying

It all makes sense

Attached: TFshiimai.png (736x477, 903K)

>orchestral music bad
Ok brainlet

He usually has a key theme to convey through his work, that alone makes him better whether you like his style or not.

>Same here but it was at AX and yes, the Trigger panel that went afterwards had an earthquake and yes, the line to get in the AX Trigger panel was alll sorts of fucked.
I was AX and couldn't get into Promare because the auditorium was playing JoJo beofre Promare and they gave the people seeing JoJo the option to stay in the theater for Promare, so a lot of people who just wanted to see Promare got fucked.
At least I finally saw the movie... Finally...

Attached: 1568571184311.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

tumblr shipbait, but otherwise a powerful scene

Most of the people in my theater were 20 and 30 year olds, but there was one old lady in the theater, like white hair old lady. She was one of the few people who stayed after the credits for the Trigger interview segment. She's probably based.

it's very generic orchestral music, like super generic. it took me out of the movie a few times with how bad it was

The dub was very OK. It was pretty cheesy at times but I'm sure its' like that in the sub too. I got used to it.
I would've done the sub, but my eyesight is terrible, and I wouldn't be able to rewind for missed details.

I wanted to skip in fear for missing my Uber (that and I already seen these guys live in my lifetime at AX, too bad they didn’t have that cute interpreter with them) but ultimately stayed

Going to see it tonight with glorious Russian dub. Wish me luck.

based anime grandma

>tfw the only way to get in Trigger’s yearly power hour shenanigans panel was to be THAT GUY and sit through tons of panels to secure your place
>tfw I decided to be THAT GUY

Attached: IMG_0815.jpg (725x819, 119K)

I would be that guy if I had a stronger bladder

Based.

Jojo didn't even have a new part to premiere what the hell AX people.
Glad you got to see it. Not room clearing at cons that big is so retarded and just unfair

I just got back from seeing it.

I think it was ok. I only watched it for the over the top animation, which it delivered. The plot was pretty much what I expected. Somewhere between Cliche as fuck and crap.

RIP that cute bandaged tan girl that Lio kissed

i wish that were me

I like Sawano's music plenty, but let's be real: every soundtrack of his aside from Thunderbolt Fantasy's and Kill La Kill's sounds exactly the same.

She's the same as in the prequel shorts. Such a cute design deserved better.

This somehow made even less sense than Gurren fucking Lagann. Not that that's bad.
My only real gripe was that the villains' fate was left uncertain. We watched Kray and what's-his-face kill people so I thought we should at least see them locked away. Kray especially was so awful it was comical - me and everyone else died when he spieled his backstory and irrational hate for Galo. I guess the ending was rushed in general.

fucking "deus ex machina" nigga what do you expect

Oh nice, are the prequel shorts still up anywhere? The only ones I can find say they're unavailable

>"deus ex machina"
based Trigger
literally going "fuck logic" and knowing that people just want sick over the top super robot fights

Attached: 1565112488691.jpg (933x608, 109K)

Man, Aina’s sister is cute af

Is it safe to say this is a movie where the hyping up and cheering is acceptable? I plan to see it Thursday at a packed theater.

>dub

Check nyaa. Last time I checked only galo hen was subbed to english.

>get kissed by cute femboy
>die in peace
Man, you're right.

All the girls managed to be fairly cute

Attached: Promare maids.jpg (1199x845, 196K)

HOLY FUCK WHAT A GOD AWFUL MAIN CHARACTER DESIGN

BASED

Fucking based

It's a fucking rollercoaster

My theater for the dub was packed. One singular girl screamed at the kiss scene. Everyone cheered at this one scene at the end. Then they all clapped at the credits which was stupid

>meanwhile at Anime Expo
youtu.be/VpfEdvU3OB4

Attached: FABC38D6-993B-4F64-AFFC-1B3811CF5E8E.jpg (1860x1125, 1.46M)

>Cam rip is out
where

Yup this is why i fucking hate weebs

>watching live action Tokyo Ghoul

Attached: IMG_0769.png (845x466, 419K)

Glad my country got some representation

Attached: Promarica.png (1503x602, 1.04M)

>We don't have the ability to produce something of actual substance so we'll just pack it full of references to our previous work because it's worked before
Definitely good looking but being self-referential was only fun in Luluco.

It's not out

Say what you want about the story, I always enjoy the goofy things they do with it but the animation was really good and the music is honestly fucking amazing, great soundtrack.

Attached: Jam master.png (374x500, 238K)

So are the two guys going to splitroast Aina?

There is a doujin if you want that.

Does something like that exist? Nice. I wanna see please

this style over substance doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing now and then.

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=76103806

Attached: EDA8rAdU4AEIAou.jpg (2048x1349, 329K)

Thanks

Attached: 75332767_p0.png (2000x1398, 1.26M)

Based.

It can, but not here. It was inconsistent, even fps were sometimes cut and sometime smooth. Its like they were too lazy to make it into actual series and decided to make a movie. Action scenes were really bad sometimes and fucking amazing other times.
HnK is still top 1 cgi anime.

When I went, I saw some old lady with what was presumably her grandchildren. I'm still trying to figure out if it was the toddlers or the grandma who wanted to watch this.

twitter.com/promare_movie/status/1174157687057051649
Special announcement soon to commemorate 80k followers and 800k people going out to see it in the last 3 days

Always did

Attached: 1562640388097.gif (600x329, 3.46M)

Looks cool, I want to see it.

A rare Lio

Attached: 675.jpg (1024x1022, 87K)

>took my dad to see it
>he genuinely liked it and told me it was the only good movie he's seen in the past five years

PUFF

Extremely cursed

>no cuhrazy new Trigger show to look forward to, just some Beastars ripoff furshit
Fuck.

Attached: brandnewanimal.jpg (495x700, 107K)

Wasn't it deus x machina?

Based

Whatever happened to Inferno Cop and Space Patrol Season 2? Has Trigger brought these up in their live streams?

Imaishi keeps saying that he wants to come back to Luluco, it's gonna happen soon.

You know there’s another solution for that called “journaling”. Just freaking print your tick t out and slap it in a hobonichi or whatever

I really wish Trigger would make something different baka.

>Cyberpunk lighting
Instantly good.

BOYS
YES

Based and heteropilled

Well, wheres the rip?

Bless Koyama, my Lio folder hasn't stopped expanding since this film was released

Attached: EEvTvgBX4AE5xfU.jpg (848x1200, 154K)

>mfw couldn't see the movie in theaters when it got released in France because I was on holidays somewhere where the movie wasn't in theaters in August
>came back in my city right when it stopped screening

Promare is triggers most profitable work now right? I can see imaishi doing a movie to series direction often now.

>Can’t wait to see this inevitably get the series treatment, because I can tell this was originally going to be a series
How would this work though considering the ending? They could expand on the characters backstories but what else could they do?

Focus on the rebuilding of promepolis, sol, actual firefighting, various character focus. Or asspull promare back for the spectacle battles

Attached: ECVwIHRUwAE4tIE.jpg (1184x1200, 290K)

This could work as an OVA. Like they did for KLK.

>Introdused as a badass boss
>turns out to be the goodest boy
>is a goodest boy for the rest of entire show
>never puts that charisma and badassery back on
>is a softie character for the entire rest of the show

Defend this.
Could be a lot more interesting if he was a good badass guy rather than just Mr.Nice Guy

Attached: __lio_fotia_promare_drawn_by_lvn_iritoki__a1a4b5889e287100ba5e50373b5399ab.jpg (942x1187, 178K)

>Forgetting about Kray's sexy secretary.

Biar doesn't appeal to kids.
She appeals to Men.

It felt like the ruse lasted a short time

Lio was always a good boy, he was putting on a show to get captured. I don't see the problem because he's still based.

What is it likely to be? Because I know what I want it to be but there's a slim chance

Darn, I liked it. Quick, colourful, bright, my eyes still hurt.
The most off-putting thing was the CG.Sure, sometimes 2D (especially the characters and the FX) was really well emulated. But action scenes were painfully jarring sometimes with this artificial framerate drop, it never looks good with CG. , Being overstylized didn't help. Some backdrops, on the other hand, were so non-stylized (especially in the opening sequence) that it ruined the immersion.
Imaishi is being confined within his own vision, and it show. Let's hope that Promare was the grand finale for this stage of his creative career and he'll return with something more experimental. Without the extensive CG.
Russian dub was glorious though, as expected.

They also know what people want(some form of continuation/expansion on characters) since they commented on that in the stream.

>tfw no free poster

Attached: EEwKnEfWwAEcdlM.jpg (1560x2080, 448K)

>draw a girl
>call it a boy
Japan can't keep getting away with it bros.

Yeah those backdrops in the opening were terrible. Also how deep was Russian Lio's voice?

Lio is a fucking leather biker ffs not some gay ass girl

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Koyama designed a boy from the beginning.

But they'll keep getting away with it forever and you'll be none the wiser

Attached: Lio maid back.jpg (576x1024, 90K)

He sounded as if somebody with the most terrible tonsillitis trying to whisper aloud.

Not that deep. I feel that the voice fitted the character well.
Here's an interview with the VA, he changed his voice for the role a bit though,
youtube.com/watch?v=imghgSOSSAs

someone pls give the rip, I already saw the movie in theaters but I want MORE

I want to kiss Lio

I'm going to see it tonight so i'll report then. Pretty hyped tbqh.

you won't regret it user, best movie of the year

I'm seeing it tomorrow!

Attached: supernova.gif (498x280, 1.1M)

Why the fuck does trigger always make 10/10 waifus?
We got nia, then ryuko, and now lio.
God they are based. Lucia and aina we're pretty damn good too.

Do we know when this is coming out on disk? I'm not gonna be able to catch the sub tomorrow.

2020 at the earliest. I think it's in its last week in Japan though?

Yeah just looking at toho.co.jp/theater/ve/promare/ a lot of cinemas are ending their runs on the 19th. However, there are some here and there beginning new runs on the 27th.

Please, I just want the BD.

Remember to watch Galo Hen and Lio Hen first.

Attached: cap.jpg (1920x1080, 122K)

FLUFFY

Attached: D_WoBe6UcAAKkAT.jpg (1104x1200, 271K)

Attached: IMG_20190912_175518.jpg (920x1300, 195K)

wew

Attached: EEtxAHaVUAAhEKw.jpg orig.jpg (1024x576, 67K)

I like fanart of them as a trio

Attached: IMG_20190908_094531.jpg (1666x2048, 397K)