Why has Japan abandoned us...

Why has Japan abandoned us? Where are our well animated battle harem high school anime adaptations with likable characters? What happened?

Attached: 1562416262656.jpg (460x690, 118K)

CHADsekai has destroyed school battle haremshit. The horrendously lazy "juss liek bideo gaem" world building in isekai makes battle harems look impressive by comparison.

>likable characters
All the girls in that show were completely unlikable bitches.

ZIp it you fat fuck.

They already animated all the ones the LN publishers wanted to promote.

Wait for Maou Gakuen no Hangyakusha to receive an anime in a couple years.

Attached: CTRqbR7.jpg (1443x2048, 508K)

You should at least post a harem and not one where the MC gets a girlfriend.

>likable characters
If by likable you mean fuckable, then yes.

Assassin's pride soon

>The horrendously lazy "juss liek bideo gaem" world building in isekai makes battle harems look impressive by comparison.
Hardly, high school battle harem is so much more limited setting than isekai

there were good ones?

Who cares

You can thank the growing western influence and feminism for it. Retards kept complaining about how anime is so sexist for having females that appeased men and it eventually got changed, just like everything ever. Because apparently the idea of a sexually attractive female meant to appeal to males conflicted their autistic ideology so much that they needed to SHUT IT DOWN. What's more surprising is nobody even raised a voice against the notion that fanservice in media is objectifying women blah blah. This is how debates on the topic meant
>anime is secist for xyz reasons
>h..hey the tsundere beat up males as well so lets call it a day yeah?
Why does a female character need to be representation of all women holy shit? Why can't she just be an attractive and lovable character for the male audience cos the creator made her that way w/o crap like sexism ever coming into equation? It can't be like that because such a character conflicts their beliefs and they NEED her bounded to their standards
This is just the beginning user,it'll only get worse from here. Soon you'll see more and more of "I don't need men stereotypes". Moe and otaku culture is going to die and replaced with something more politically correct.
Despite all this, nu-Yea Forums won't do a thing and just keep shitposting until they eventually come for us. In this regard, /pol/ is at the very least respectable cos they actually have influence on online political discourse. Yea Forums has been irrelevant ever since 2013 and it's all about shwitter shills now

Attached: shwjkw2.png (640x904, 534K)

>Feminism caused Asterix War to mega flop

>boosted sales of a literally who ln
>got S2
>mega flop
Yeah no

>The crossboarder doesnt know what he's talking about
What a surprise. They were so confidant in it being a hit, they greenlit 2 seasons at the start; along with a video game and English localization. They mega pushed it, and sales flopped and the LN didnt even get that big of a boost

This is ironically and unironically the best harem high school lite novel
>MC has a harem and fan groups for logical obvious reasons
>Not average by any measure
>Actually relevant male main characters other than MC that have love interests that are not part of MC own harem
>Good worldbuilding
>Funny MC even thought he never jokes
>Fast paced
I think it can save battle harem highschool

Attached: images.jpg (465x660, 67K)

>Yea Forums has been irrelevant ever since 2013 and it's all about shwitter shills now
Was there a time when Yea Forums had actual influence on anything?

Attached: images (1).jpg (465x660, 53K)

Attached: Bait.jpg (236x236, 12K)

>Western influence
>implying China won't influence Japan first as a bigger market
All that means is more isekai self insert garbage with used goods waifus. Burgers eat that shit up just as much as Japs and will spin anything about female characters however they want anyway (which in itself means they'll be more than just hanger-ons).

Yes when Yea Forums was the only relevant forum for anime/manga and literally every fansub/tl group could be found here
You can live in denial. Both of us know how close Yea Forums is to shutting down

>Well-animated

Good joke

>What happened?
The great battle harem war of 2015. Asterisk War, Rakudai Kishi and Anti-Magic Platoon all came out in the same season, all of them flopped hard. Asterisk War was especially bad because Aniplex poured a fuckton of money into it's promotion and gave it two seasons. That was enough for the entire industry to be like "nope". I'd like to note that battle harems never really sold that well to begin with.

>boosted sales
And how long did that last?
>got S2
Lol, it was one of those series that's 24/26 episodes split in half you dumbass

>You can thank the growing western influence and feminism for it.
No, I think the problem was that there wasn't a single battle harem that even managed to get close to the sales of Infinite Stratos, the thing that kicked off the fad, and the production companies realized isekai was way way better for this kind of thing.

> that's 24/26 episodes split in half you dumbass
So? They could easily cut the budget, Asterisk War looked too good for a battle harem anyway ,but they didn't
2000's are filled withed battle harems

never thought anime would get so bad that i'd be wishing for magical school battle harems to make a comeback but here we are. absolute duo was comfy.

Attached: absolute kino.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

>So? They could easily cut the budget, Asterisk War looked too good for a battle harem anyway ,but they didn't
And then it flopped

>2000's are filled withed battle harems
Name 5 in the same year

Just because we're getting a fuckton of isekai does not mean I'm going to start wanting battle harems back.

If any of this is true, then why is shitty isekai being pumped out more and more?

>Likeable

The story is shit.
The characters are shit.
The character development is shit.

No girl is ever going to pull an 180 in relationship standing after getting assaulted. Also if there are too many filler girls not even in the same tier as the MC then it just becomes a fake harem.
Season 2 Never or forgotten in most cases.

Actually MC is just MC surrounded by normies, but because he made a friend in his new life he decides to protect his friendship, who just happen to be sisters. The best thing is the MC does not care about what other think, it is the other characters that evolve and develop because they are a part of MC's life. MC just wants to be rent free. Otherwise it would just be a generic Rule The School plot.

Wasn’t Kenja no Mago just last season

That's literally isekai/reincarnation m8

>And then it flopped
Not badly enough to completely eradicate the entire genre
>Name 5 in the same year
>Rosario+vampire
>Zero no Tsukaima-Princess no rondo
>Sekirei
>Koihime Musou
>Macademia
Plus several other kwality harem/echi shows
Because isekai escaped their radar. Majority of femoids actually liked shows like SAO, Log horizon, ngnl, danmachi, konosuba which are the popular ones, rest went unnoticed. The moment GS and SH came, it was all over their radar.

Here:

Restia > Est > Rinslet > Fianna > Ellis > Claire

Sylvia > Kirin > Saya > Irene > Julis > Claudia > Priscilla

Shizuku > Ayase > Nene > Stella > Touka > Kagami

Sakura > Karen > Emilia > Reitia > Liddy > Claire

Avrora > Sayaka > La Folia > Nagisa > Reina > Astarte > Yuuma > Asagi > Yukina

Airi > Yoruka > Krul > Nokuto > Tilfarr > Phi > Relie > Sharis > Celes > Lisha

Aika > Twirl > Phoenix Guildy > Erina > Solar > Mikoto > Anko

Kotori > Kurumi > Nia > Yoshino > Tohka > Yuzuru > Origami mk.II > Origami > Kaguya > Natsumi > Mayuri > Miku

Chris > Eu > Saras > Seras > Taeko > Kanami > Haruna > Maelstrom > Naegleria > Kyoko > Ariel

Ling > Laura > Chifuyu > Tatenashi > Tabane > Cecilia > Charlotte > Houki

Math > Snake > Bat > Snail > Cat > Doll > Phoenix > Bee > Crab > Monkey

Megumi > Izumi > Michiru > Utaha > Eiriri

Pink > Orange > Silver > Black

You > Pest > Kuro Usagi > Leticia > Asuka > Shiroyasha > Lily

Kuroneko > Ayase > Kanako > Saori > Sena > Kirino > Manami

Marika > Paula > Haru > Ruri > Tsugumi > Chitoge > Onodera

Hishoko > Rindou > Momo > Nikumi > Erina > Alice > Ryoko > Yuki > Megumi > Nene

Rem > Echidna > Beatrice > Emilia > Ram > Crusch > Priscilla > Anastasia > Elsa > Felt

Aqua > Megumin > Eris > Darkness > Yunyun > Wiz

Tomoyo > Mirei > Sayumi > Reatier > Chifuyu > Hatoko

Yoshino > Neko > Tae > Sonoka > Aki

Miko > Morgan Freeman > Bear > Empress > Oni > French

Sera > Sisti > Re=l > Celica > Rumia

Sagiri > Elf > Megumi > Tomoe > Muramasa

Akari > Chinatsu > Ayano > Rise > Sakurako > Kyoko > Himawari > Chizuru > Chitose > Yui

Aoba > Hifumi > Ahagon > Yun > Shizuku > Momo > Nene > Ko > Rin > Hajime > Naru

Satania > Gab > Raphiel > Vignette

Tendou > Konoha > Aguri > Chiaki

Kanikou > Not-Elf > College slut > Kaiko > Chihiro

Mafuyu > Kaho > Maika > Trap > Miu

Biscuits > Edelgard > Bunny > Cat > Elf > Knight bitch

Sensei > Asumi > Uruka > Rizu > Fumino

Big Nep > Noire > Nep > Pururut > IF > Vert > Blanc > Compa > Nepgear > Peashy

Obligatory post

Attached: 4L_aN5Wz630.jpg (1500x3057, 611K)

Retards like you hated them and wanted them gone, now you complain.
Kill yourself.
Still magic academy battle series, OP’s pic isn’t a harem either since he has one main girl.

I disagree

>spamming to this day even though no one cares about his awful taste.

AMA had nothing to do with that fight other than having bar none, the most entertaining threads where most people went ahead and read the LN for it

Attached: TMG_v06_0237.png (1346x1898, 741K)

>Rosario+vampire
>>Sekirei

>Zero no Tsukaima-Princess no rondo
That's isekai
>Koihime Musou
What? Male MC notably absent
>Macademia
That was more of an outright comedy, I'll give you half point.

However, all of those shows are in 2008, as in, the late 00s when that kind of thing was just starting to gain steam. You said they were "all over the 2000s" which is absolutely not true

>Still magic academy battle series
But it's still an isekai?
>OP’s pic isn’t a harem either since he has one main girl.
I agree with you but that's like saying Monogatari or SAO isn't harem.

>AMA had nothing to do with that fight
I'll agree it was definitely the most unnoticed of the 3 but it absolutely was part of that fight

Considering that 90% of isekai take place in the same medieval high fantasy type setting, that hardly matters.

The major beef was between Rakudai and Asterisk because they were carbon copies of each other for the opening set of episodes

The real tragedy is what happened to Shiena. Apparently for some reason she decided just a few years after Asterisk to rebrand into this EDM rock artist called EXiNA, which so far hasn't turned out well.

Whatever you say, Zanzi the Great.

That's a shoujo though.

Isekai is better in theory but a lot worse in practice. Very few things take advantage of the genre and we're left with a genre where people don't even try to make a setting.

Because battle harems aka IS-wannabes can’t decide between being a shoujo-romance or a battleshonen and ends up being the worst of both worlds, really.

>between being a shoujo-romance
You mean otaku romance. None of things even remotely approach shoujo

>animation studio: ARMS

Attached: 1315543746045.jpg (300x300, 97K)

Asterisk had better animation and characters than that shitfest

That may be true but the fights themselves were snoozefests while Rakudai at least had Kuraudo.

Attached: [ReinForce] Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry - OPv2 (BDRip 1920x1080 x264 FLAC).mkv_snapshot_01.08_[2016.04. (1920x1080, 122K)

Feminists view women as a homogenous collective. They can't comprehend the idea of individualism. That's why whenever they see a female character portrayed in media in a way they don't like they have a screeching meltdown. They see it as an attack against all women. It's all part of their twisted communist idea of forced social equality.
>Moe and otaku culture is going to die
I wouldn't go that far. Japan doesn't care about political correctness in the west. That's why anime still comes under fire from western news channels like the bbc.

Assassin's Pride. It's either going to be
A) Threads full of trolling
B) Killed until it dies and dies until it's dead and dead until it's destroyed

Attached: 10.2.png (880x628, 1011K)

As a former battle fan harem fan myself, how common is the experience of evolving into a CGDCTfag? I speak from my own experiences but it really feels like the genre does lead into SoL moe shows.

Attached: 1539832105539.jpg (387x434, 34K)

Attached: 6B090744-89AA-4414-B816-B63D28AA70AE.png (1022x1024, 291K)

I hated most battle harem stuff I watched and I still haven't made the transition into that stuff. Unless loving stuff like Bamboo Blade counts.
I guess it makes sense because the fights are usually too fucking garbage and you tend to enjoy the interactions more and CGDCT is literally nothing but that.

Attached: [Exiled-Destiny]_Bamboo_Blade_Ep11_(2BD35348).mkv_snapshot_00.07_[2016.11.30_02.17.02].jpg (720x480, 38K)

its popularity died too soon

Attached: garlolifight.webm (640x320, 2.86M)

>died too soon
>2011-2016
Eh, it was okay

Magic high school battle harem VN >>>>> magic high school battle harem LN

>Actually relevant male main characters other than MC that have love interests that are not part of MC own harem
I loved that part of Rokujouma, with Elexis having his own nega-harem.

I'M STILL MAD

Attached: 1484096734468.jpg (1500x1086, 367K)

name one good one