What are your thoughts on edgy MCs?

Attached: 1552096627168.jpg (950x1362, 308K)

I think they're cool

Should be more of them

Attached: x9.png (888x1263, 309K)

The girl was the one who cooked his leg though.

>edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy
I don't know why, but I really hate people who use this word. Are all main characters who don't cry 24/7 edgy? Can you expand on the type of character they are more? Are they more villain-like than hero like? Anti-Hero like?

You can be a villain without being edgy

Edgy is basically villainous, but also melodramatic, with a predilection for manic depressive hyper emotion

An edgelord can be fun if executed well, like the main character from Ice or even GCU Grey Area. Unfortunately, you can barely trust most mangaka to write a plot to a mario game, much less something as delicate as this.

Attached: 1554791108880.jpg (382x346, 36K)

edgy
Used to describe something that is excessively dark, often to a point where it's overbearingly depressive nature could be considered humorous.

In anime/manga, that seems to mean a few common traits :

-Character's backstory has most/all of the people he cares about killed by villains who kick puppies for fun

-Character was surrounded and tormented by a cast of villains that kick puppies for fun or are clearly self inserts for the author's bullies

-Ridiculous plotlines that just make you laugh "my best friend/relatives set me up to be raped", "I was summoned and betrayed by a princess after saving the world", "The girl I loved sacrificed me to run away with another man", etc....

Which is then used to justify the MC turning into an "edgy" character that hates everyone, wants to destroy everything, etc, and conveniently, most/all of the characters in the series are over the top evil and am just evil for the sake of being evil, so the MC raping the evil princess is totally okay because she was evil.

The incel self-insert.

Depends on how it's handled

Attached: x1.png (952x1400, 302K)

Yeah, they're cool

Attached: 20190917_130308.jpg (800x676, 315K)

>Inb4 anti magic doesn't work on humans

Unless something broke or he figured out a way ignore what it does it should work.

Attached: Q36.jpg (862x1236, 594K)

New chapter, when?

Hopefully never

no they're not

Read horror slasher series for edgyness.

Attached: PK.jpg (1600x1139, 613K)

>MC's village get razed for some reason and he's the lone survivor
>he swears revenge on whatever kingdom attacked his village
>he goes through with a plan to destroy the kingdom
>however before it's complete he gets killed by someone from said kingdom because he was attacking them and that person had no idea why the fuck he was doing that
Anything like this?

I don't care for them. Sometimes they can be slightly endearing, but mostly they're just grating edge Lord's who go out of their way to make awful decisions.

His
>cant trust you unless youre a slave
mentality is bullshit and you know it.

This.
MCs should always be edgy.
Edgy is always better than cringy (Naruto, Luffy, almost everyone...)

thats absurd. i get what you mean but if theyre edgy all the time itll be just as boring.

Right.
Having an edgelord as MC for something like Nagatoro...
... actually would be better.
Always edgy, all the time!

they can make for really good MCs if theyre balanced and done right. otherwise they could make for a more cringy MC than your average shonen shit