The most horrible, miserable, unnecessarily explicit...

The most horrible, miserable, unnecessarily explicit, grotesque and traumatizing death I've seen in the entire history of anime.

Attached: f.jpg (639x296, 24K)

Hey it's that movie I turned off after the motorcycle did the slide thing

It did stand out as being particuarly cruel, yes

Why? I still don't understand why they decided to show us their horrific death in such a graphic way while other characters involved in that scene miraculously survive and other deaths in the movie are not so explicit. Why?

After seeing his way of dying in the manga, seeing the fate that Kaori had in the anime is like a spit in the face of the viewer. It really bothered me a lot

The movie was written before that part in the manga existed. It’s the other way round

The asshole commander deserved to die and he actually survive.
Thought this movie is overrated as fucks anyway.

Does anyone know what Katsuhiro thought when he saw Kaori crushed and slowly squeezed like a lemon inside a mountain of meat and pus?

bump

Presumably he thought it was okay, as he kept it in the movie he was directing.

Webm when?

Kek most anime on R1 retail back then were full of this.

I am surprised that no one posted the Blood+ rabbits

Op here, I laughed with that scene . Kaori's death broke my heart and made me sick to my stomach

>Why?
Perhaps she was hated by some staff or editors, it's not unusual. Directors and mangakas in the 80's sucked their editors off far more than they do nowadays. In the manga she dies a rather normal and somewhat romantic death from a gunshot wound, even gets revived for a while. I'm guessing she was disliked by some so they wanted her to die some horrible death in the anime or whatever.
Here's a guess: In the manga a lot of Tetsuo's underlings get brutally fucked up by him, sometimes even on accident. She on the other hand always recieved special treatement, never got a scratch from him and he even controlled himself when his hand was going awry just because she would be around. Not to mention he killed some poor sucker just because he though the guy would wake her up. I can imagine some faggot or bitch saying: well that's unfair, she would be the first to get fucked by his hand right? And Otomo's like: ok fine, whatever, she dies anyways. Something like that.

Attached: akira5.jpg (800x1192, 144K)

He thought it was fine but still gave him a much less horrendous and more significant death anyway and even an attempt to resurrect her?

>a shot vs being brutally crushed by a mountain of shit

Someone post the LWA version.

that only creates more doubts for me, I just think that death was the result of some sick fetish

Attached: animatrix.webm (750x314, 2.89M)

I have not seen, any of those who appear on that webm were characters with background in the plot?

That's Animatrix.

No, I know. But I mean that Kaori's death is especially fucked up because you know her and you know she didn't deserve to end up like this at all.

>mom mom this is mean I wanted more Steven having hot gay sex with his fat dad please!

Attached: bk2gUz8.jpg (1672x1200, 619K)

Talk about a bunch of slack jawed faggots ITT.

Kaori's character was very different in the film and so was her role. This isn't anything out of the ordinary as Ryu, Yamagata, Nezu etc are also slimmed down with their roles altered to fit the narative of the film. Lady Miyako is also moved to cameo despite her importance to the manga.

Kaori's role at the end of the film becomes
1. Showing that Tetsuo isn't a complete pyschopath that kills everyone and has at least some humanity left
2. His transformation is out of his control and is a real danger to Kaneda and anyone else who is in the vincinity.

For it's part it's effective film making that give you a sense of the chaos and danger of the situation, you feel apprehension for what might happen to the rest of the characters which builds the sense of urgency for the climactic scene.

That being said, would you have been more okay to some of you if they had made a different female companion of Tetsuo's called Iroka and she was the one who was brutally killed? I feel that people are getting hung up on the fact it's "Kaori" and applying the character from the manga onto her depite them not being the same person.

Attached: 1549384215598.jpg (768x1024, 144K)

are you ok user?

unnecessary

damn right she spends the whole movie being a cutie and being supportive to her bf and she dies by being crushed by her boyfriends expanding skin.

You haven't seen the Seed Bridge Bunnies popping like hotdogs in a microwave have you?

what are you talking about????

I watched this for the first time the other day and thought the same thing. Kind of threw me off

Gundam Seed had a scene, I believe in the DVD/BR releases, where some Federation bridge women explode because the base got hit with a Microwave ray, and you can frame by frame it to see them just expand complete with bulging eyeballs before they die

>2. His transformation is out of his control and is a real danger to Kaneda and anyone else who is in the vincinity.
>For it's part it's effective film making that give you a sense of the chaos and danger of the situation, you feel apprehension for what might happen to the rest of the characters which builds the sense of urgency for the climactic scene.

and yet Shikishima manages to survive absurdly. The site was an absolute chaos, an absolute cataclysm but the colonel manages to save his life in some way?

At this point I was checked out of the movie because it didn't care to make me care about the story or the characters whatsoever.

I dont know. Otomo's the one who gave her a romantic and meaningful death in the manga, and even had Tetsuo try to revive her. He went so far into detail that he had Tetsuo try to lure people away from her body so she wouldn't get cought up in the attacks, several times even. Then he transformed around her, destroyed all the architecture in the vicinity but the floor around her was still unharmed. This too happened several times, before his fight with everybody and during the fight.All of that made me think that the death in the anime was someone elses idea. I mean why would Otomo try so hard to treat her with such care if it's his fetish?

>"Kaori" and applying the character from the manga onto her depite them not being the same person.
What the fuck am I even reading? It is the same person, the same exact character with all of her personality traits, temperament, role, facial expressions and emotions. Only the background story is changed. All of her behavioral traits are there and even her fundamental story role is the same, she is meant to depict the faithful girlfriend/waifu who sticks with the villain till the end. That was exactly her role in the manga and that was the reason she got shot. In the anime the same things happens, she sticks with Tetsuo no matter what he tries or what happens to her. Even after he turns into a monster she doesn't leave his side.
There's a clear difference between changing some background events and changing a character. Learn the difference.

He may have just preferred the original story at the time of the anime but then changed his mind afterwards
Some of Otomo's other work gets pretty edgy too from what I've seen

I would say Asuka's death in End Of Evangelion is arguably worse.
Unlike Kaori, Asuka was a main character who we've come to know and possibly care about throughout the show.
After a series of failure and mental breakdowns, finally things were going right for her, she was finally happy and truly confident on herself.
She reached her highest point, just before getting defeated and subsequently dying the most gory death in the entire show.
Yeah she gets resurrected later, but that doesn't change how gruesome this scene was. I was shocked and grossed out when i first watched it.

Attached: tumblr_lyzfnb8Lzh1r00so6.gif (240x180, 878K)

Now that you mention it, it's the exact opposite actually. The manga was still ongoing as the anime came out and her death in chapters 72 to 96 came after the release of the anime movie.
Otomo took a long break after chapter 87 which was near the end of vol. 5. Her death in the manga came 2 years after the scenes in the movie. Chapter 87, the last chapter before the movie production started was exactly when that poor sucker was turned into a splat by Tetsuo because of her. And after the anime movie aired the manga continued, and all of the events that happened after that chapter where written and drawn after Otomo finished the movie.

Really makes you wonder.

Attached: k15.jpg (705x1076, 163K)

>nd her death in chapters 72 to 96
Whoops, sorry. Her death happened in chapters 97-120. Chapters 72 - 96 were vol 5. when Otomo threaw a hiatus to work on the anime.

That scene also proved me the same feeling but without the anger

It's kind of funny. In retrospect at least.

imagine the smell

tfw thought she was ok the first time i saw it
tfw realized she wasn't the second time

Attached: 1568756486623.jpg (680x638, 118K)

>The most horrible, miserable, unnecessarily explicit, grotesque and traumatizing death I've seen in the entire history of anime.
Not sure if it counts, but the death of the kids who run away in Shinsekai Yori haunts me a bit. Mostly because you never get to know what happened, you just have to imagine it between the lines.
Earlier in the anime they show that the mole people have made their queen into a brain dead breeding device. I still have a feeling they did that to Maria or whatever her name was. Still gives me chills.

if I had made the movie, Kaori instead of dying would have merged with Tetsuo in some way to be gods together for all eternity in that dimension

This is ACTUALLY the most horrible, miserable, unnecessarily explicit, grotesque and traumatizing death I've seen in the entire history of anime.

Attached: Shingeki no Bahamut - Virgin Soul - 24 [720p].mkv_snapshot_23.44_[2017.09.30_23.55.11].png (1280x720, 1.1M)

in EoE all female cast dies, you are supposed to feel bad for them actually.

>brain dead breeding device

hot

She wouldn't have been pulled apart like that since she died after getting longinused in the face and de-synced

She got owned.

I always figured it was to drive him the point that Testuo is completely fucked at that point, he's lost so much control over his power he can't even stop himself from slowly crushing one of 2 people in the world who gives a shit about him.

Attached: 1453969141754.png (860x585, 365K)

I thought the one in Key the Metal Idol where the chick was hiding from the robots was pretty bad. Not because of anything gruesome, but because of was just really useless and sad.

Attached: 20181l.jpg (299x450, 25K)

The inmense size of that cranium is no joke

the cute secretary chick from elfen lied getting her head ripped off for no reason other than rampaging edgy girl

utterly uneccessary death