Tenki no Ko / Weathering with You

Seen it twice, so i can finally gather my together. Dammit, the second half was disappointing, not gonna lie. I thought the police shenanigan being the main foil in the movie was stupid as hell, they had no business being in this movie.

Attached: MV5BYjEzMjJjNzctNmFmMy00MTE4LTkwZTItYjY3Y2VjZmYxNmE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTI4MzgyNTk@._V1_.jpg (1936x2731, 853K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/future/story/20181129-the-underground-cathedral-protecting-tokyo-from-floods
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>shinkai film with a disappointing ending
Gee who could have guessed

The main focus of the second half should have been about the supernatural phenomenon & nothing else. It's main opposition would have been worked better if it had been the cloud fish instead of the police, and spending the entire second half focusing on how to save her.

Nah man, your name's & 5cm/s ending was perfect. This one isn't.
Also, why are everyone so happy go lucky in the ending. Hodoka's and Hina's happiness should be at the expense of everyone elses. The ending should have been bleak for everyone except for the trio. It just doesn't work when everyone is fine with the tokyo flooding, their massive decision to screw the city needed to be devastating, but it just loses its impact if everyone is able to move on from it.

I liked the first half. The second half ruined it for me, honestly.

I thought this movies was trash honestly. Boy was a fucking idiot, waving around a gun. Girl willingly sacrifices herself for the better of Tokyo, boy selfishly rejects then. Now fucking Japan has lost a lot of rich history, has a huge gap in its economy and displaced millions of people. Fucking kids.

The sunshine arc was unnecessary, I wish they just dived into the the whole sacrifice plot rather than half assed it for a generic love story

Is the title intentionally slightly ambiguous about which character is the titular "ko" by the end of the movie or am I reading too much into it?

> generic love story
every shinkai film ever

I found the sunshine arc to be necessary in how the girl keeps abusing her power. The boy being a runaway fugitive with the whole police chase was the one that felt unnecessary to me.

The police stuff just felt out of left field, it shouldn't have gotten so much focus. It was kinda bullshit how easy hodoka was able to save hina though, this i felt should have been the focus for the movie.

>Hodoka's and Hina's happiness
user...

It could of been more relevant though. Where did all the money they made go? It could of helped while they were running. Why not let it be a motive for police/criminal chasing since she was literally showing her GOD powers for weeks.

I feel like the film had a lot of neat ideas but they just didn't work together to be something more.

I mean they made it seem like the boy had a lot of resentment which is why he ran away. It could of been pushed more to explain his dumbfuck actions.

Funny enough, when the trailers initially came out. I thought the police was trying to capture the girl for overusing powers.

I'm really hoping for the impossibly low chance they'll release an extended cut in the blurays

The more i think about this movie, the more i felt that shinkai overthink his own story. The police going after Hina due to her god powers would have been a fine and simpler storytelling.

One important recurring point in the movie is that, aside from the MCs, no one seriously believes the weather powers are real. Something about grounded reality vs occult/mysticism and whatnot, which is pretty common in Japan (horoscopes, charms, fortunes, etc). Normal people usually "normalize" what they experience.

It's unbelievable for the weather to change completely at the whims of a single person. Also, climate change, etc, etc.

Fuck man, i really wanted this movie to make me feel the same way i felt from your name. Its going to be a while till his next movie. So disappointed

That wouldn't work with the intent of showing real-life Tokyo, complete with all the ads and product placement. It's actually funny how you have the police going after "normal" problems like possession of firearms, child welfare and kidnapping even with all the crazy weather shit going on.

Don't they have a completely separate agency that deals with this?
I mean, they're not stranger to typhoons.

With typhoons, yes. You can see the people manning what I assume is the Edo river facility and all those guys helping out the locals when Tokyo started getting flooded, which almost never happens these days because Tokyo has amazing flood control. Probably relevant:
bbc.com/future/story/20181129-the-underground-cathedral-protecting-tokyo-from-floods

Attached: Kasukabe2006_06_07.jpg (1600x1200, 288K)

>Seen it twice
Where are you anons going to see it with english subs?

Out in their local cinemas

You know well

okay but were the girls cute?

The shota and his girls are
For the main lead, depends on your taste.

So worse than Your Name?