Hajime no Ippo

It's out
readms.net/r/hajime_no_ippo/1275/6181/1

Attached: 011.png (901x1300, 553K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KjIBxLJF6uA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where is my nigga Volg at?

He's a world champion pronanly sticking his dick in some nigger and spic pussy.

It feels like Morikawa suddenly decided to make the story go a bit faster.

Hajime no Sendo is progressing nicely.

Yeah, I hope he wins his big match.

He's going to get slaughtered by Gonzales.

>five big plans next issue
Please be an anime.

I'm a bit worried about Sendo. he will win, right?

Sendo is absolutely based

I sure wish it'd stop desu
I'd like a single match that isn't somehow connected to Ippo or having the fighters think "damn I wish I could be sucking Ippo's dick right now"

Attached: lZKYIV0.png (737x724, 588K)

Finally, that means we will see the series end at ch1500 instead of 2000.

Sendo just pulled a "Joe" move and got what he wanted... and George just demonstrated the flaws in his writing.

It's rather bad when you can't have your main character demonstrate similar drive and hunger for the entire thirty-year run of the manga. Even worse when you have to be passive-aggressive about said star in order to keep him in the discussion.

Good chapter aside from this crap

Fuck, he's becoming aware.

So is Martinez doing all this just to fuck with Gonzales? He also seems a lot more mellow than usual.

Why would Ricardo give a fuck about Ippo? He’s a nobody who he crushed in a spar years ago and who was stopped by Gonzales before getting a shot at challenging him. The whole conversation in the car between Ricardo and his coach feels forced as fuck. No need to throw Ippo in our faces where he doesn’t belong more, Morikawa. We know he’ll come back eventually anyway.

He's the protagonist, of course he'll win.

I think he was just impressed by the DR but yeah, calling him the center of the universe was forced.

Got it in one. Well, mostly. I think he got tagged a little and sold it a bit harder than needed to.

Sendo thinks he scored a hit, so he probably did.

Exactly. In real life in the sport of boxing, two KO losses at the fringe-world level would have you written off. Everyone on the boxingscene forums would be calling Ippo a hype job and a bum who only got far because of his punch.

Wish we just timeskipped in the next couple of chapters to Takamura having another title and Ippo being on the rankings again

You just know its gonna be Sendo "boxing instinct" that scared Ricardo not the hit itself

It seems to me like Ricky took a hit, went "oh you got me" and then took a down so that he would have an excuse not to fight Alf for the third time again.

Ippo losing against the shitter last fight was a complete mistake, he should've won but took far more damage than he should have which led into this arc contemplating returning to boxing and his style. Him coming back is so fucking messy

Alf wasn't yet in the building when he got downed, he capitalized on the opportunity but I don't think the down was fake.

He wasn't there yet, but there were a ton of journalists there. him being so nonchalant about it and trying to push Sendo-Gonzales is what makes me think he's just fucking around.

at least ippo is the common aspect between ricardo's top opponents, maybe he did some research on him after remembering him before the gonzalez fight
anyway, could martinez be defending against woli? he could have gotten a world ranking by now and it would be another reason for martinez to think about ippo

I feel like he would've thrown in the initial 3 rounds instead of gambling on Sendo's bloodthirst and essentially bruteforcing a 4th round then.

It's been roughly a year and a half since Woli, he'd be ranked 10 if he's lucky.

Two-plus is my guesstimate.

considering how broken woli is he could make it in a year and a half and his coach could make it happen

Woli's match was in 05-97, Takamura's match was 11-99.
it's funny to think how much time has passed in the manga. Takamura made fun of Date being an old boxer, and right now he's older than him at the time.

Masaka... he took down El Grande Ricardo?!?!!

I mean, he's was already ricardo level vs ippo, he only lost to trash writing

Attached: wolib.gif (646x403, 685K)

>they still didn't explain how he actually got that down
Come on

>Sendo just stumbled into Martinez and got a down

He was guided by a lucha libre sent from god

Someone should call Morikawa out on that damn Dempsey Roll

It's too late, it's ippo's super ultra move that will never be dropped.
Using your left more? go fuck yourself ippo, the only reason you didn't win is because you didn't sway from side to side and swing widely, it's the Japanese way.

Wake me up in about 400 chapters when Ippo considers returning to the ring only to wait another 100 chapters for Takamura and his pupils to lose their fights.

Bill is quickly becoming a coach on par with Kamogawa.

>Underestimates Date in the rematch really offers no meaningful corner advice to Martinez
>Underestimates Sendo with Nargo, Sendo wins
>Underestimates Sendo again, Sendo scores a down and Bill flips his shit going into media defense mode

Really Ricardo is the one carrying Bill

Literally just a lie made up by his trainer to save face

It's a problem with manga as a whole. Whenever someone picks up a hobby, they get roped into it, or tricked, or blackmailed, or drafted. There was no internal motivation to start in the first place, so why would there be to continue?

He did tell the guy that sparring 4 people in a row is stupid and he'll get himself hurt, which is more than anyone can ask of him.

Some people are not born fighters
In retrospect, if we ignore the jungle bunny bullshit, he was the archetypal talented outsider guy who did fighting just for fun, but didn’t have any staying power or interest in it.
I mean, the guy was totally content before he was whisked away, he didn’t have any inner darkness like every single other fighter (yes, even Ricardo is going to have some issues that will surface when he finally is going to fight seriously)
Ippo himself is fighting because he has the confidence and self worth of a horse, and is basically being ridden by kanogawa

jesus christ

So how do we think Alf vs Sendo is going to go?

Sendo will probably win because Japan is NUMBER ONE, and then job to martinez because SENDO ISN'T THE PROTAGONIST, and that will inspire Ippo to jump back in.

There’s a ton of manga like that. Ippo is more of an outlier, really. I like that as a contrast, as long as you’re not very invested in ippo winning.
Off the top of my head, slam dunk, meguru and rikudou and holyland all have driven mc’s and concern sports (in one way or another)

Sendo wins, 11th round KO, but is pretty fucked up. He loses to Martinez, Ippo sees it and tries to go for it again.

Either sendo wins but dies in the ring vs Ricardo or Alf wins but dies in the ring vs ricardo

Its not uncommon for top tier boxers to have multiple sparring partners. The only thing we don't know is how many rounds he went with each.

He can probably go as many rounds as he needs. 20+ rounds easy

So the brilliant solution to Ippo having no motivation or balls to go to the world is to have Martinez search home out personally? Kinda lame, but this is the only way things could progress I guess.

Just ignore ippo for a while. No fucking way is ricardo going for him.

What the fuck are you talking about? Woli actually loves boxing and wants to go to the world stage, he says so himself, he has way more drive than ippo

They probably won't Ricardo said it doesn't matter

yeah, at least by this series' logic doing what martinez does, spamming lefts at his opponents without any effort, is really easy on stamina
i'd assume he sparred three rounds with the other guys too, few could last that long with martinez anyway

If Alf boxes he wins
If Alf goes full retard Sendo wins

So Alf is going to go full retard

did the other group working on this include the 30th anniversary extras? i think only 3 of them were uploaded here before.

It's clear, a single molecule of sendo's fist magically grazed ricardo's chin and all the power of the japanese spirit and the yamato damashii came into play and knocked martinez out

It's Sendo he probably spun like a helicopter while making a menacing face and saying "dey 'urt, deez knuckles o mine"

Something something oxygen.

He’s not fucked up enough is what I’m saying. He could just as easily pick up surfing or something

i doubt he can box against sendo for a full match without taking a hit and his retard mode was his best mode anyway as was stated by his coach and martinez

it was stated to be his best mode, but really he was systematically dismantling Ippo before he went retard and made it close

He only went into retard mode because Ippo has such an overpowering retard aura that he drags down everyone with him.
It's like that early fight against that Lanky fuck who was trying to beat Ippo by points, but then Ippo let him down him once and he started swinging like he had 20IQ because he saw the true Japanese way.

My favorite version is Cestus, who, while liking winning, is only doing this to free himself. Once he's no longer a slave, I doubt he'll continue fighting himself. It's more likely he'll be some kind of trainer like the Numidian guy or Democritus.

yeah, but ippo's stop and go dempsey roll might have caught him if he didn't go retard, and his coach was pretty sure ippo would have caught him eventually
sendo seems to be a bad match up for gonzalez anyway, they'll end up fighting with their instincts and gonzalez isnt good at taking damage

There's precedent for it and he's already on the verge of fucking losing it because Sendo tagged his husbando. He'll go berserk and get smashed in the later rounds.

Ippo is such a romanticized view of boxing that when people compare it to real life boxing it always kind of makes me chuckle. Real life boxing is an utter shit show of corrupt promotions, hand-picked and fixed fights, and primadonna fighters that care more about their payout than being "the best". All Juan Manuel-Marquezian heart and drive gets you in reality is punch drunk. If real life boxing was anything like Ippo boxing the sport would be the most popular in the world.

Sendo fucking dies in the ring but wins. Sometimes dying is a victory

What Ippo should be is the. Wachowski Speed Racer of boxing. Fully acknowledge the corrupt business nature of the sport, and then inject the MC who just wants to box and win because it's the meaning of his life.
You can be jaded because of your knowledge, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun.
You can have an ideal vision of what you want the sport to be, but that doesn't have to make you a sucker.
And above else, you pursue the craft. Your ideals and your cynicism should come second to upping your skill level, doing you research and getting good.

At least there is stuff like Miyata, an OPBF champ with a large fandom, having to work at gas station because he still can't make a living off boxing, and the treatment of foreign boxers like Vorg.

I agree that would be a good manga.
Also make ippo be at least 175 cm tall and fight equally sized fighters. The underdog shit is played out.
Make it about style differences and skill

I still think Vorg vs Sendo and everything surrounding it was one of the best Ippo moments

Find it strange that none of the world rankers have promoters

>implying Sendo won't pull a Carlos Rivera and become a punch drunk drooling retard

Attached: Carlos Rivera.jpg (480x360, 15K)

>everything is connected to the protagonist waaah

You might as well quit the majority of fiction there, you retard.

The most kino ending.
Ippo manga as a whole should just rip off Joe, it’s far superior

Woli is Ricardo but he punches like a bitch.

So less Sugar Ray Robinson and more Floyd Mayweather Jr.

>All Juan Manuel-Marquezian

You say that but JMM pulled this off, landing him in the conversation as one of the Mexican greats.

Attached: FUUUUCK.jpg (580x478, 46K)

I would normally expect Sendo to just be fucking destroyed to the point of falling into a Coma, because that's what everything seems to be geared to, but then this is George we're talking about.

Being best boy
Being world champ

>every character in a script has to constantly be tied to the protagonist and mention him at every opportunity
Seems like a really easy way to make your characters seem one dimensional but whatever you're into

If Gonzales goes full retard, I can see Sendo winning. Ippo was extremely close even with his rut, but he couldn't do shit when Gonzales was in boxing mode.

Because promoters illustrate everything wrong with the boxing world. Ippo has Cus D'Amato style coaches that don't view their fighters as replaceable, but something like literal family. Ippo has a colossal focus on the relationship of fathers and sons, and that plays out through the coaches.
That could play realistically, there were a few real life boxers that knew the sport was corrupt, and honestly fought to be the best, and to prove that even in a corrupt shitshow you could have purity, and all they got for their commitment was Parkinson's. Or went the Bhop route to prove that there really was a headgame to play, and his story ended when Kovalev turned his organs into soup. Your version would work in a manga though, all that nasty real life shit could be carefully excised.

JMM was a great because he fought to legitimately be recognized as a great, boxing literally have him everything, and he gave boxing everything, and he other than actual fans of the sport and Mexicans, no one really gives a shit about him.

Now that Ippo is self-learning the Cus D'amato numbering system (no thanks to Coach Kamogawa and his oxygen-related teachings), will he also learn Mike Tyson's matrix-like defense?

Attached: 1511934106456.webm (914x646, 2.87M)

Martinez saying the world revolves around some retired braindamaged Japanese boxer with some meme technique is pretty hamfisted, especially since it hasn't worked in forever.

You can't outbox Sendo. You have to knock him out. Gonzales needs to go full Miquiztli.

Mike was an honest to God talent. It is a shame he's regarded as a joke, so much so that people can forget that he was genuinely an amazing fighter.

The same could be said of Mayweather who's been retired in forever.

Didn't Martinez once knock Ippo out on his feet during the windup of a Dempsey Roll?

>It is a shame he's regarded as a joke
WHO regards him as a joke? Millennials who watched The Hangover?

Yes. Yes, he did.

Ippo doesn't even come close to that level of recognition yet, especially since his coach is autistic and refuses to have Ippo travel

I struggle to recollect a recent time when the dempsey roll was anything but a sad embarrassment

What a disgrace of a fight. Oriental Arc was fucking garbage but this is where the manga truly died.

>he loosened his gloves so his punches cover the whole ring
>ippo takes like 15 rounds to realize his punches are doing absolutely nothing

Mike had so many good factors.
Being a literal specimen, having insane killer instinct and absurd reflexes.
Ippo will NEVER that will to fight, he almost always does so reluctantly. Which is retarded, and the worst part of the manga

Ricardo is so powerful and bored that he is just fucking with everyone now.

>a literal specimen
What do you mean?

>ooof ouch aaah you grazed me once, you're too strong
>alright alf get him, just please don't fight me again

morikawa is finally giving him some character too, this chapter alone made him way more interesting than he was before

He was created in the bowels of area 51, as a response to the creation of Aleksandr Karelin

>Ippo has a passive debuff aura that makes everyone forget how to box

Attached: Tumblr_n2egzrFbSS1t8x277o3_500.jpg (409x409, 18K)

I think user means that because Mike was born with naturally incredible speed, strength and an innate talent for timing punches he was basically an ubermensch.

Not reading this shit again until ippo starts being the mc again.

His brain damage is infectious, they call it the Japanese spirit and start doing dumb shit.

Threadly reminder that Larry Holmes was just Ali's sparring partner before he put him out to pasture.

Since Mike exists in Ippo i wonder how strong his punches would be in comparison to Takamura/Ippo. I'd say equal at the very least. Maybe even stronger

This. Only the most casual normies of normies think this. Certainly not anyone with even rudimentary boxing knowledge.

He was still the Japanese national champion. Martinez only acknowledges Ippo in light of his connection with Sendo and how close the Alf-Ippo fight was.

>the boy is just planting his feet infront of me and swaying from side to side
>weird, is this one of the 'special moves' the Japanese have?
>guess I'l just punch him until he stops

>doing nothing
Speed-reader-kun, his punches were doing flicker jab damage.

Ippo has the courage to fight. He's modeled after Mike but he doesn't literally need to be Mike.

He's honestly more like Dempsey.

Attached: MikeTysonAsInAnime.png (640x480, 390K)

>special moves the Japanese have

Motherfucker, you honestly don't know what the Cus D'amato style bob and weave is?

I fucking hope he learns how to dodge big punches at close range like that because I still get so fucking hyped whenever I remember how Ippo dodged Sendo's Smash a ball's hair away from his face before winning.

Woli was immune to his debuff?

If Floyd Mayweather punches like a bitch how come no one's been able to walk through his punches? Crazy how so many Floyd haters think he's a light puncher when no one has walked through his punches

Attached: 1547314035409.jpg (450x443, 33K)

Don't try to fellate yourself over your boxing knowledge, the joke here is that it was completely ineffectual against Martinez who just kept punching him as if it was nothing more than a mild curiosity.

Woli could have outboxed him without getting hit but his coach gave him the permission to go for the infight, so at least the coach was affected

Woli was already going purely by instinct and didn't know any boxing to begin with, he was truly the worst matchup for the boy.

Sendo is a chad. This has been the best arc in years.

Ricardo was slightly tired from all the sparring and he had to catch a breath after Sendo grazed him.

Wait so the best way to beat Ippo is to be even more retarded about boxing?

>Wanting such a boring MC instead of based Sendo

The ultimate strategy

Sendo vs Gonzalez is gonna be the best fight til now

Woli wasn't retarded, he didn't know about boxing but somehow knew the best possible move for every situation by instinct
so yeah, best way to beat ippo is to pull off something even more bullshit than ippo's yamato damashii and woli was just that

>Woli knew Ultra Instinct

I knew it.

>walk through punch
>Floyd runs away

Rinse repeat.

>tfw watch all the hajime no ippo anime
>decides to read the manga
>its a itaki arc
i hate this dude so much i want more ippo and takamura

Attached: 4syaj2x1uiz11.jpg (674x506, 41K)

He couldn't be retarded about boxing because he didn't know boxing, he was just a monkey with gloves on.

Remember that time we got to see Miyata being a miserable irrelevant loser in Thailand? I loved that part.

I liked the part with Volg in America until they had a inspirational thing about the Japanese spirit, because japan number wun

Stronger but different. I mean takamura is never heavyweight size anyway.
We’ve never really seen big guys either, a Foreman type, or klitschko type would be exciting for the small Japanese boxers to beat
Dempsey was a lot more murderous than ippo “he insulted coach grr” makanouchi.
As I said, he’s a horse

Is this the biggest ippo thread of the last quarter year or so?

Woli was raised by asshole itching bonobos, I'm pretty sure he's retarded

This manga is so fucking good when it focuses on people not named Shitppo or Shityata

Volg spinoff when?

yeah, but he still had a god tier sense for boxing and he had barely learned boxing

A standard boxing ring is 20 foot by 20 foot, where the fuck is he going to run to?

He's probably retarded in everything else but he knows how to move

Sendo's Very Own Mexico Adventure is actually worth reading, unlike the past 600 chapters of this manga.

Comeback when?

Attached: randy boy junior.jpg (225x350, 47K)

Never ever

morikawa might show him on some major fight's undercard but he has served his purpose in the story

I don't particularly like Mayweather, he is a contemptible human being. But he was rocking the shit out of Chico Corrales. Early Floyd was big on punching.

So uh, what's best for the story Sendo or Ippo winning?

Sorry, mean Gonzales.

Sendo utterly demolishing and destroying Alf (literal broken bones and punch drunk syndrom, has to retire) for fucking up Ippo and then getting the same done to him by Martinez.

There's no way Sendo is winning against Martinez.
Although the final fight being Sendo Vs Ippo would be the kind of Japanese wank I'd expect of the manga.

literally this, gonzalez is pissed and will go for the slugfest and since he can't take a hit sendo will destroy him

You're forgetting about how Ippo and Miyata haven't had a match since the beginning chapters of the entire fucking thing, obviously they'll end on that.

I hope they literally never line up to fight professionally and just fight in some gym at the end.

why didn't joe impregnate yoko?

Rocky 3

Miyata's and Ippo's rivalry is sketchy at best, they had one fight and then like 600 chapters later Miyata cancelled their opportunity for the second one, and now we're spending the rest of the manga him being all moody about it.

This, Ippo's new rival is Sendo

It's fine for it to be a romanticised view, I'd much rather read about the boxing in Ippo than the boxing that really exists. It's the difference between something fun and something depressing.

>They fight in the gym
>Takamura is the ref again
>All the popular characters show up
>They both score a dramatic knockdown of each other at the same time
>Takamura begins counting
>The final scene is of two boxing gloves raised in the air making the winner ambiguous
>Manga ends

>so much so that people can forget that he was genuinely an amazing fighter.

The opposite retard. He puts on good videos and he's got a great record knocking over Tomato Cans but his record against equally skilled boxers is almost nonexistent. He either lost, it got ugly or, most commonly, Don wouldn't ever let them fight him.

The idea of "In his prime! In his Prime!" is a myth based on you buying into propoganda from a really fucking good propoganda machine. But it's still hype.

He's nowhere near contention for GOAT and certainly not a "God" talent. He's very good, exceptionally good, 1% of 1% good. But he's not 1% of 1% of 1%.

Even Joe was romanticized.

I honestly find Sendo more boring, because his plot armour just feels dumb. Shrugs off everything, keeps going with everything, never stop until he's knocked out!

The first few chapters of his second fight with Ippo were unbearable bullshit.

quality writing

Based fucking Sendo.

Attached: 05.png (902x1300, 495K)

He boxes exactly like Ippo lmao, only difference is he's got a cocky persona as opposed to Ippo's timid as fuck one

>Sendo is unconscious in these moments

It romanticizes the harsh life of a combat sportsman without completely glorifying the sport.

Ippo actually sets small goals/plans for himself in his fights, Sendo just jumps in the ring and wings it with a few hookercuts mixed in

Now that I think about it, this is correct. Sendo also goes full retard tank hits with head if you really want to get technical, a boxer like that shouldn't really get anywhere special, much less beat a contender for the world title.

He doesn't really, he repeats the same shit the coach tells him and eventually it works out because he's the protagonist, and it's a lot easier to assume the protagonist is working with a "plan" because we're always watching from his perspective.
For all you know Sendo is actually calculating the exact velocity of the opponents jabs and we never knew.

That blowjob pic is missing the penis

>the fuck is this nigga doing

Attached: K4Ophe1.png (741x633, 338K)

kek, Ricardo is a monster. This is after sparring with different guys, just look at how beat up Sendo is right then

Attached: Laughing Boxers.png (638x479, 363K)

Why are Mexicans so based when it comes to boxing?

That's just how they are in general

Bro, I didn't say he was a Godly talent, I said an honest to god talent, autocorrect just capitalized "God". And I also said nothing about his prime, since his prime didn't last very long, but he was able to beat more than tomato cans and fish, and of course Don didn't let him fight honest contenders because modern boxing is a money game, not a clash of two sportsmen fighting for pride and who's truly the top of the top.

He does look like he just disappointed his pimp or something and is waiting for him to step in

Because most of the really great Mexicans boxers are guys that come from nothing, so they can throw every bit of themselves into the sport. Boxing can make them something, and unlike sell-outs like De La Hoya, they tend to give back to the communities they came from that supported them.

So Sendo is going to fuck his Sensei right? That is if he doesn't get brain damage.

Attached: 17.png (903x1300, 375K)

Woli with a mere 10 fights would be beyond Ricardo tier.

>Implying they won't fuck regardless of his brain status

Grandma butt, lusting milf, and an absolute chad all in one page.

Ricardo said alf's metzli(?) mode is his best mode although i think it'd be more accurate to say its his best mode when fighting against ricardo. Alf's standard style is basically a copy of ricardo's style so of couse ricardo knows how to counter everything from this style. Alf's metzli mode on the otherhand is reckless and hard to predict thats why its his best mode against ricardo. Against everyone else his standard style is better imo.
Or maybe ricardo just likes beating down punch drunk retards.

I fucking hated Woli.

EL GRANDE TIGRE

Woli just being briefed on basic boxing would skyrocket him to S^19 tier

She'll end up cleaning his drool after Ricardo is done with him.

Alf will get murdered if he goes Metztli against Sendo. He's a glassjawed fuck. It only works against people whose punching power isn't broken as fuck.

His regular style absolutely dominated Ippo and it was only in Metztli that he started getting owned because noone beats Ippo in an infight (even if they do, they're actually losing because one-atom-grazed-your-chin-hurrdurr-i-win tekken bullshit).
When he won at the end it's because he regained his senses and proceeded to hit a counter.

It's going to be kino if this happens again but Sendo wins.

Attached: 1408516887785.jpg (1500x600, 689K)

>So Sendo is going to fuck his Sensei right? That is if he doesn't get brain damage.

No. Like the Joe Yabuki homage that he is Sendo's going die (fighting Gonzalez) without hitting that and likely have her reconcile with her husband, so she can give a speech at his euliogy. At best we're going to get a misunderstanding where Alf crosses paths with Sendo just prior to their match and Alf's girlfriend is helping him find the arena, so there's extra gasoline on this bout.

Itagaki getting BTFO by Imai for Japanese champ in 30 seconds was one of the most satisfying moments in the manga

Based. Itagaki was wasted potential, him getting destroyed by Imai was the best way to fix him.

Attached: 1408516887732.jpg (676x685, 191K)

When is Itagaki going to stop fucking around and win the belt? We already know he won't lose to Imai if they fight again. I don't understand what is wrong with him.

George doesn't know what to do with him.

This was an absolutely based match
Knew his opponent was stronger than him, devised a plan and implemented it like a champ, while obliterating someone who a lot of people despised

Attached: sklBfxg.png (526x779, 250K)

the utter despair on Itagaki's face is amazing. I actually really like Imai , he's pretty based and seems like a chill dude. Hope he gets to fuck Itagaki's sister because the concept of them being brothers in law is hilarious

Does Imai want to fuck his sister? I can't remember it's been too long. That would be hilarious.

>it all comes tumbling down
If it wasn't so short it'd be my favorite fight for sure

yeah from what I remember, but we haven't seen Imai in a bit so I might be wrong
I still remember the reaction's to that match as it was happening, everyone was so fed up with Itagaki's Chronos bullshit that it was cathartic

Yeah Imai wants to fuck Itagaki's sister, and Itagaki's parents want them to get together because Imai is a rich kid.

*Alf's girl will comment on Sendo's charisma (since I fully expect Morikawa won't skimp out of Sendo beating up some Mexican thugs--who are asshurt that Sendo has been beaner-hunting on top of scoring a down on Ricardo) after beating the shit out of them, they become his underlings and she'll compare him to Alf's machismo.

Sadly with Sendo's talk of someone else beating Ricardo, before he gets there, it's likely Mori laying the groundwork to have Gonzalez win, perfect his metzli mode and force the champ to retire, but get disqualified for going too far which will leave the WBA featherweight title wide open, since Ricardo will be injured too badly to ever box again. That said, I hope Mori doesn't use this scenario go bring that faggot Miyata back and gift him a world championship. Miyata can fuck off and win the WBC championship and Woli can take the WBO, leaving Sendo, Ippo, Alf and maybe a returning Randy Boy Junior to fight over the WBA, and with the new champ having a unification bout with the WBC champion to close out the series.

honestly with some proper buildup I actually wouldn't mind Alf as Ippo's final boss. I like his character and they have some good history, at the very least I think Ippo will fight him at least one more time or Sendo if Sendo wins their match.

Imai showed up recently at Miyata's match to talk to Ippo about listless Miyata had become, since Ippo had retired.

I refuse to believe that Ricardo can lose.

Attached: 1508743881881.jpg (704x480, 172K)

Well, it won't be a loss, since Alfredo is getting disqualified. Alternatively, I believe that Ricardo definitely let Sendo hit him just to stir shit up between him and Alf out of pure boredom--Bill Steward's damage-control notwithstanding. This is definitely the kind of asshole shit a undefeated super champ would do for shits and giggles.

any anniversary sketches yet?

Yeah there's no doubt that Ricardo is just fucking around, that's why Bill got so mad and was saying that he was done with his selfish attitude.

woli

>Sendo made Ricardo down
>That night is executed by drug crime lords
EL NARCO RICARDO

I agree. As much as I love Sendo, I don't think Morikawa has it in him to give us Ippo vs Sendo III, on the world stage, even if I personally want that more than even seeing Takamura conquer all 6 weightclasses. Alfredo has enough going on to carry the series as a new world champ and I wouldn't even mind him losing to Sendo and fighting him again for Ricardo's vacated belt if he decides to retire undefeated.

Honestly Ricardo was great in this chapter, he seemed like he was just fucking around with everyone, the way he played up the down to stir shit with the crowd was amazing

>Gonzales barely just barely beats Sendo
>Ricardo fight me!
>Ricardo Martinez retires as undefeated world champion

Attached: 1380880566690.png (209x381, 43K)

God no. That's literally the only scenario worse than Miyata winning or Ricardo remaining champ forever. Shit. To that end you could have Woli swunce right into the WBC championship and have him end Miyata's career, because everyone and their mama is going to run from the WBC ducking Ricardo to the WBA fleeing in terror from Woli.

The ultimate shitstorm would be WBC champ Woli be WBA champ Ricardo in a unification match.

Geroge is definitely the kind of motherfucker to do this.

EL TIGRESO DEL ORIENTE

>Alf, you wig this

Alf would have a stroke if Ricardo retires.

Here to breed inferior Japs.

Attached: Bryan_Hawk_Manga.png (515x835, 502K)

Sendo's pretty clearly being set up to die/get crippled/retire to motivate Ippo to finally cross the goddamn line right? It's not fucking worth it.

*becomes a drooling retard afraid of his own shadow*

>We’ve never really seen big guys
For you

He was - and still is - a Chad.

Will Ippo job again?
Ricardo is still too OP.

ippo will make his re-debut against imai, lose horribly and the focus will shift back to former side characters

Is Ippo (step) fisherman EL PASITO DE DELFIN?
We are cracking the code bro

which anime was better? season 1, 2 or 3?

Attached: tumblr_nhxzgwHbXB1sku08ko1_1280.jpg (960x1440, 241K)

That’s gay

1-76 is the only good one.

How many of you would agree that the Dempsey Roll is what ruined Hajime no Ippo?

Attached: [Circus music intensifies].png (900x1300, 378K)

gazzelle punch was hype af
The movie with Saneda, and kimura vs. mashiba was good too desu

Attached: tumblr_nhxzgwHbXB1sku08ko4_1280.jpg (960x1440, 226K)

Nah, it was good until the pacific champions arc and Ippo had used the demsey roll by what, 400 chapters by then? Then Ippo & Kamogawa forgot how to box entirely and Ippo's style became tanking hits with his face until a lucky punch hits and turns the tables

No it was Mori turning Ippo FULL Shounen.
>Hurr watch my magic show kid
>Hurr Monkey Man
>Hurr Sonic Screwdriver Counter
>Hurr Aztec God Mode
That and the art got shittier and all the side fights got lamer.
Volg and Mashiba are the only good matches after the hell that was the King of the Orient arc

So literally scry-ed?

Jap incels seethed at him for being a chad

No, the DR was great in the beginning.

yup

This man is going to die in the ring.

Attached: Madman.png (286x300, 66K)

He is based on Joe, so yeah.

OH MY OXYGEN

aztec god mode is Alfredo just turning into a brawler, like he usually is.
it was a good narrative device

Sendo manages to do a Joe and wins. Later he fights Ricardo, he pulls a Joe but instead of losing he actually wins and then dies. Ricardo retires and Ippo loses the chance to ever face him.

This, and combining his brawler mode with that textbook style was a good way to make him complete, similar to how Takamura is both wild brawler and a skilled boxer who can use his brain

Both Ricardo and Takamura are "boxing's ideal"

Attached: BoxingsIdealTakamura.png (703x1100, 166K)

Attached: BoxingsIdealRicardo.png (704x1100, 217K)

gonzalez is similar, he isn't just good enough at either of the styles

his problem is he gets incredibly fucking pissed off and loses his marbles whenever he goes brawling.
if he could brawl just a tad and revert seamlessly into textbook style he'd have bodied ippo a lot worse

>meanwhile, FIGHTER S is taking the boxing world by storm

What exactly is stopping a "pure boxer" from being the best other than the other guy and his supporters actively cheating or bribing refs?

yeah, that's the style he used when he knocked ippo out, even his coach stated that's what his metztl mode ultimately is
at his best he is at least close to the boxing ideal in this series, but I bet he's gonna lose his cool against sendo and get wrecked

Different kind of romanticism. It romanticizes the spirit and determination of the characters. It does not hesitate to point out how grim the world of Boxing really is. For fuck's sake in Joe's and Mammoth Nishi's debut matches, Nishi comes back bloody and beaten the fuck up.

I prefer el finito López, he had more tecnique

Attached: 7042e63e3a607aad.jpg (480x480, 71K)

I fucking love Ricardo.

Yes, now that he is finally a character i'm warming up to him pretty quickly, he is a fucking manipulative asshole and i love it. I hope he does retire if Gonzales beats Sendo just to fuck with him.

I expect this or death just with the "i'm almost ready to propose to my former teacher"

>become
He wasn't already?

So not only has Ricardo been undefeated for years, but this is the first time in his entire life that someone downs him? What the fuck

>So how do we think Alf vs Sendo is going to go?
He wins by points,the only way he has ever defeated any strong oponent

he's basically a superboxer that don't exist in real life.

on Another note, im re-reading the Alfredo-Ippo fight and goddamn ippo takes such a beating in that one.

Shouldn't be suprising since Date was supposed to be stronger than anyone he had faced until that fight and he couldn't leave a mark on Ricardo
I'd like to know how Martinez fought around 40 times before winning the strap he is holding

>I'd like to know how Martinez fought around 40 times before winning the strap he is holding

Based solely on his personality we're seeing now, it's highly likely he was purposely avoiding a title match, just to fuck up as many people possible, before taking over the belt, since he knew he'd had to actually sit around and wait for challengers.

sounds good, and now that martinez has become an actual character we might actually learn something about his past

Itagaki has never recovered, and I hope he never will.

>Itagaki at the start
>Worships Ippo
>REALLY worships Ippo to the point where he looks like a deranged psychopath and probably jerks off to Ippo's huge cock at night
>suddenly
>CHRONOS
>Imae beats the super powers out of him
>merges with Aokimura to create Aokimuragaki
Not sure which form of Itagaki i prefer, except for obviously not liking his Chronos form.

>He doesn't jerk off to Ippo's huge cock

It's actually kind of amazing that Morikawa created an entire arc to jerk off Itagaki's genius boxing skills for the sole purpose of having him get annihilated by Imai.

Attached: Creepygaki.png (761x685, 111K)

That thing is too fearsome to jerk off to.

Attached: IpposDick.png (701x1100, 342K)

inb4 Epitaph Itagaki foreseeing the future

I forget where I found it, or how I worked it out, but Ricardo was about 21 during his first fight with Date. This was apparently four months after he took the title, if I have the timeline right, meaning that that fight was Ricardo's first or second title defense. And before the second fight, Ricardo had made 17 successful title defenses out of 62 fights altogether, so that leaves 45 fights including his first title bout.

If you do one fight a month that would mean Ricardo started at seventeen years of age as a professional... younger, if you want to factor in Ricardo taking more time between bouts due to his opponents getting better.

It also means Ricardo's not as old as one would think- he's only about 34.

yeah, that's some insane pace even if it's not uncommon for boxers to fight that often in poor countries, but someone like ricardo should get a title match way earlier unless there is something else about it like wrote
younger than date, actually

Sendo is so going to die. All the flags are going off

>"coming at him with the intent to kill"
>japanese counterpart to Ippo
>both are reckless pound-for-pound fighters but he doesn't have the machina of the dempsey roll that Ippo has perfected AFTER he retired
>introduce romantic interest (?) who's watched him grow up AND only parental figure in his decrepit oldasfuck grandmother
>Poses a challenge to the very best and as an obstacle to 2nd-in-line
They're obviously setting up Sendo's death and it makes me sad.

Attached: boneash.jpg (569x507, 23K)

>Repeat of pic but he actually dies this time

Attached: x21.png (749x1150, 64K)

>Best Boy
>Best Champ
>Best Fight Style
>Best talent

Goddamn, i miss him

Attached: 01.jpg (609x583, 115K)

who is Fujii? jbc didn't have a heavyweight title during that time and even if it did in universe, one would think Takamura would have sparred with the bigger guys

Would he have beaten Date if he used his usual style?

Attached: x3.png (700x1100, 126K)

chapter?

this

Attached: onehellofadick.png (157x314, 62K)

i know concussions werent taken as seriously back then but this shit is hilarious

Attached: kamogawa.jpg (456x392, 43K)

What a great coach

foreshadowing

Attached: 0c6wq30fs0m31.png (404x385, 84K)

Bravo Morikawa

Megalo box did something like that

* Gedo/Woli nonsense
* Takamura's toe asspull
* Miyata's corkscrew jolt asspull

But Itagaki getting crushed and Ippo retiring were actually great things to see. Vorg vs the black dude was also a good match.

Agree that Sendo is probably being set up to defeat Gonzales then die at Martinez's hands though :/

Reminder that Sendo landed a smash on takamura

>George completely fucking ruins Ippo's character because of his own incompetence and ineptitude
>Now he hates Ippo and puts the guy that LOST TO IPPO (TWICE) up on this massive pedestal

Attached: ABSORB THE OXYGEN, KID.jpg (775x1256, 427K)

To be fair when you get used to combating a style and then face another one it goes against your brain wires and makes no sense.
source Judoka for 5 years who just took up Bjj and only gets beaten by techniques iv never seen before as they change my ideas of a 'safe position'

Loved every second of it I got tired of the “he’s a genius” asspull.

>Megalo Box
God that was shit.

>Aokimuragaki
I love it, put it on a shirt

>foreshadowing
>Drunk Date

If anything, that's a curse. Pray for Sendo.

>>Aokimuragaki
>I love it, put it on a shirt

It's Itagakimuraokippo, now that Ippo's retired. Soon we're going back to Itagakimuraoki as the irrelevant trio. I'm sure there's mashup including Ippo's underclassmen names now.

Might as well add Takamura to the name to prepare for the future

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

Takamuraokimura will always be the best trio.

>If anything, that's a curse. Pray for Sendo.

The punchline writes itself. I could practically see Takamura's shit-eating grin as he gives Sendo shit for listening to Date's drunk ass about going after Ricardo.

I know we're all faggots well versed in the tropes and cliches of manga at this point but let's be real, Sendo is not dying. Nobody meaningful is dying. Morikawa is not going to meddle with the slice of life half of this series by introducing a death unless it involves something like Ippo actually turning into a fucking death god ala Mashiba, but even that would be kinda far fetched considering how far Kumi would keep him away from the ring if someone actually did end up dying

I'm so sick of that fucking faggot bitch Miyata.
Oh poor me, oh I'm such a tragic loner. The sad prince, the brave boxer, the tragic angel, oh my fathers counters, oh I'm so aloof that my gym mates feel honored I speak to them. Oh my red lightning.

Just fuck off and die.

Randy should've killed him.

Agreed. I swear if we see yet another sob story over his weight control I will fucking lose it.

I hope Sendo actually takes something away from his beating.

watch morales vs barrera 1 if you want one of the best matches in boxing ever. round 5 is considered one of the best rounds of all time

Attached: 012.jpg (480x360, 37K)

>Sendo is not dying

While I doubt Sendo is dying, in the ring, but I'm sure his boxing career is going to end tragically, just if you look at his conversations with Sawamura. Hell, with all the bait and switch about characters being punch-drunk and Sendo literally being Ippo's first actual genuine rival--as an infighter, you know Morikawa is going to have him end up as the guy becoming punch drunk, since he's has a history of not only blocking punches with his face, like Ippo, but face-taking Ippo's retard strength punches. Never mind the fact that he hits literally all the deathflag checks and is practically the 'Nekota' of Ippo's contemporaries.

When you look at stuff like Sendo's past with his parents dying, his dad being a fire-fighter and him never staying out of trouble I just don't see him NOT getting seriously fucked up to the point he can't box anymore and becomes/possibly dies later in life after following in his father's footsteps

for Yea Forumsfags, what's the best ranked Japanese boxer that has faced a mexican one? has it ever happened?

I love the fact that Miyata's retarded ass finally came to terms that he's directly responsible for putting Ippo on the path of retirement for ducking out of their match and was literally crying over not ever getting his ass whipped by Ippo as a professional boxer, to the point he's jealous of Sendo, Mashiba, Vorg and the others for losing to Ippo. -- Serious fucking headcase. I hope he goes to challenge the WBC champ and fucks off for the remainder of the series.

>Randy should've killed him.

Randy was completely wasted on Miyata. Literally fucking nothing came from it but that gay ass Red-Lightning Jolt Counter.

Attached: 1542162870523.jpg (178x198, 33K)

this mother fucker right here won against every Mexican he fought, including Rafa Marquez. his left punch as a fucking cannon

Attached: Toshiaki+Nishioka+Toshiaki+Nishioka+v+Balweg+UDQuXNxfsf_l.jpg (463x594, 97K)

>Tfw made that

I know Inoue fought a Puerto Rican, does that count?

I miss Morikawa's artistry from this era

this Oxygen meme will never not be funny.

Attached: O MY BIG TOE.png (872x1300, 355K)

Attached: Darkness.jpg (800x1267, 298K)

It should be illegal how stupid this manga got.

It's still incredibly tame compared to majority of sports shonen

How is Sendo so fucking based?

He's actually active and constantly pushing towards his goal with any means necessary as opposed to passivity of Ippo

El Finito didn't fight the Mayweather and Pacquiao of his era.

He's basically Nekota 2.0.

lmao from Chad to Mog

youtube.com/watch?v=KjIBxLJF6uA

Such a based post. Miyata is such a faggot. I hate people like him IRL, because theyre insane at best like pointed out

Sendo will get his ass smacked regardless of outcome.

Since when is Ricardo's character anything like this? He feels like a completely different person

Since Mori decided to give him a character
I mean it makes sense to an extend but the visuals where ridiculous

>Bhop
Who?

>Makunouchi's cocked
More like cucked.