Evangelion 4.0

Is this CGI? Doesn't look too bad coming from a camrip.

Attached: 1568690762831.png (2582x1106, 2.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

soranews24.com/2019/08/31/voice-of-evangelions-main-character-sad-to-see-how-often-he-gets-left-out-of-anime-group-shots/
twitter.com/Megumi_Ogata/status/1148092079098253312
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zDmG4nClXUM
youtube.com/watch?v=Wo_vggbteVU
youtube.com/watch?v=rHk7qrBOORA
youtube.com/watch?v=2TyoJEUWNO4
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9aS9bH8f9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=p4AkK1xjpnY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

eva apologists will now defend CGI, how pathetic

I hope anno dies

>rebuilds

They've improved on the cgi for the threatrical versions of the movies. The original 3.0 theatrical release was something else. There were no textures on the red ocean and on the flying battleship. It looked like a washed out plastic toy flying over a red fog. There were no clouds in the sky either. The camrip for 3.0 is on nyaa if anyone is curious.

The story is going to suck and if the story sucks all the good visuals in the world wont save it

K I N O

Attached: pTLzkXL.jpg (1538x2048, 440K)

Oh God. Anno is setting Mari up to end up with Shinji isn't he? Fuuuuuuuuuuck

I just want to see humanoid EVA fighting each others or angels in berserk. Not gay ass toasters dancing

I think Shinji is going to be cucked and NTRd the shit out of this world. Mari is gonna end up with Kowaru. And shinji is gonna watch.

This is the worst character ever created in anything ever

literally who

that was their intent

Mari? More like Mari Sue amirite?

How did you get that? Mari is obviously Shinjis daughter

Being ironically retarded still makes you retarded

>first 10 mins of EoE
>Shinji tries to kill himself, then visits an unconscious Asuka in the hospital and almost rapes her

>first 10 mins or final Rebuild
>puppet style Eva battle time

are we going to ignore the absurdity of the eva designs in OP's pic? Why have two sets of legs carry a drill? this is fucking dumb

>and almost rapes her
Cmon now.

I don't care about CGI, but what the flying fuck are those retarded designs, what am I even looking at here?

The french revolution. Don't ask which one. I stopped counting at the fifth.

WHAT I LEARNED FROM EVANGELION IS

Attached: 15063086.jpg (300x300, 23K)

IKR? Clearly Anno has lost the plot on what made the original Evangelion great if he's being this self-indulgent.

I hope theres some twists to come or else we're in for easily the most disappointing finale in Anime history.

That was so disappointing. 3.0 + 1.0 is the final nail in the coffin

After 3.33 all we can hope for is everyone dying horribly for turning into n irredeemable asshole in the 14 year time skip

>another predictable knee jerk 'CGI is baaaaad' reaction from retards
yaaaawwwwwnnn

Don't fuck with a good thing

I just want to see Mari's boobies.

THAT WANTING TO FUCK YOUR MOTHER IS INDICATIVE OF OEDIPUS COMPLEX

can she beat the cock?

We have had exactly ONE uncovered nipple in the entire Rebuild Movie saga.we're not getting a full nude shot of mari or Asuka in Final

It's gonna happen. It's the sole purpose of Mari. To bring happiness and intergalactic world peace.

Attached: Makinami.Mari.Illustrious.full.2355007.jpg (654x1000, 382K)

She can and she will.

Attached: Makinami.Mari.Illustrious.full.1411092.jpg (708x1030, 330K)

Fuck that, Kaworu should end up with Asuka.

Attached: 53863285_p24.jpg (450x450, 221K)

Asuka is out and busted. Mari is in and fresh!

Attached: Makinami.Mari.Illustrious.full.309375.jpg (709x956, 410K)

Hey, as long as Shinji has to watch (clockwork orange style), that's fine with me.

MISATO IS FOR KISSING AND PICNICS IN THE SUNFLOWER FIELDS

Well both Evangelion and Clockwork Orange have the Ode To Joy in common. Why not through in cuckery to give us the whole package?

Exactly. Good thinking, Watson!

TOJI IS A WASTED CHARACTER

This only needs old honky tonk music

Do any of you want to tell him about the leak or should I?

This is Evangelion. Not bebop.

KYS

KYS

Based

Do it, faggot.

Toji is still alive in the rebuild universe. It was leaked online by accident and Anno fired the guy who did.

>Anno fired the guy who did
hehe

Attached: 1124155537661.jpg (909x909, 148K)

It's not a drill, it's a mobile generator that seems to extract energy from the spine/vital organs of the pair of zombie Eva torsos attached to it and convert it to power up a giant laser cannon.

Attached: 1568697653726.png (854x1267, 1.25M)

Are you serious?
You can tell it is cgi by the same-ness of it all. However yes it does look fairly goodl. All the shadows are baked in the exact same position on each one.
They are getting closer.

Say what you will about him. But he is a firm believer that spoilers kill a movies impact on the audience

no source but in intrigued. go on.....

Eva has always had amazing cgi, I wish all anime had more of it honestly. It always looks so cool.

>But he is a firm believer that spoilers kill a movies impact on the audience
Which isn't necessarily true. Some even argue that movies can be even better if spoiled (and you don't fancy a second watch). I'd argue that a movie is trash anyways if impact is significantly lost due to a spoiler. There are exceptions, sure. But probably not that much. Also what the shit does Anno know anyways? Is brain is full of Mari boobs.

The photo WAS on the evageeks forum. But the mods since took it down and I cant seem to find it even with the wayback machine

don't worry, it's not like it's a picture of Mari's boobs or anything

This one?

Attached: evacharacters.jpg (1280x810, 263K)

Why do you care with Shinji ends up with? Is shipping the only reason people care about Rebuilds? Anno should have just made the series as a romantic comedy with the characters going to school, since this is what people want

yeah thats the one

Thats actualy The Shinji Rising Project and Angelic days. Reading both currently and its okay

Mari is clearly meant to by Annos idealistic fetishistic portrayal of his wife.To contrast with his idealistic fetishation of women in his teen years with Rei

>getting fired over a blur of a scanned coffee blotch

>shinji and Asuka are the same height

Would she be taller then him if she finished growing? asians arent known for their height

Hideaki Anno don't give a fu-

What impact? Nothing Anno will cram into the last movie will have any impact. His blindly devoted fanboys would piss themselves out of joy at WHATEVER he would show. The rest of us is beyond the point of caring.

so basically this just confirms toji is in 3.0 + 1.0? i dont get the significance. could just be a flashback

Most girls are already at or very near their final height by 14. Shinji would definitely be taller if they both kept growing.

> giant robots goose steeping in paris

ANNO YOU HACK

Toji, Kensuke, and Hikari's listed heights in that image are taller than their teenage ones, so it'll presumably be their grown versions.

Thats gonna be a painful scene to watch. Bad enough Asuka Misato and Wille hate his guts. Now his only two friends left from High School have outgrown him.

At this point. Anno should just let shinji kill himself. He's literally got nothing left to live for. Have him lose his virginity to mari and then jump off the Wunders satellite dish to the ground below.

I just got done with the rebuilds.

What the fuck was any of that?
The only good shit was the end scene of 2.0.
And some small visual updates to key scenes. I'm am so fucking dissapointed it hurts.

Anno made then intentionally bad because he knew he didn't have to put any effort into them to sell merchandise.

Shinji suffering is the whole fucking point. The point is that he keeps on going for himself. Thats the message Anno is trying to tell.

So I shouldn't hold out hope he's gonna kill himself. . . fuck off Anno. If someone is in the kind of pain you put Shinji through. Then Suicide should be a perfectly valid option

Shinji will have the chance to find happiness if the ending is anything like NGE

He literally showed the first half of EoE half a year before it was released in theaters

His wife is nothing like Mari

Attached: Smug Moyoko Anno.jpg (615x819, 241K)

She looks just like her to me

She's also just as big of a pervert as he is. Look up some of her manga sometime

Not really, her manga cover the normal topics that middle-aged women like to read about

Shinji will be forced to live, even if he has nothing to live for.

He was already punished for having personal desires. Once when he found a reason to fight (To save Rei) and another when he tried to erase the blame that everyone put on him (The spears). both times he was punished for his intention not being "pure". As in, he had his own horse in this race, instead of doing it for Nippon... I mean humanity.

So he will be denied death until he learns how to find joy in building Glorious Nippon. I mean rebuilding world that he of course fucked up. So he owes everyone anyway. And dead man are waste of resources.

PRAISE THE ANNO!

Are the rebuilds just insectoid propaganda?

Your argument is invalid

Attached: red world.jpg (913x388, 26K)

No. Just Anno, throwing another tantrum how people around him have different desires and interests than economy, while only HE the GREAT ARTIST should be allowed such. The rest of mere mortals, should make sure that he have enough money to animate another butthurt that will come his way and rake even more cash. And the cycle continues.

on top of that gendo is one of the tallest characters in the series

Why did Anno retcon 2nd rebuild? In after credit scene Kaworu stopped Shinji's impact. The preview of the 3rd rebuilt (at the end of movie 2) also completely different to the actual movie.

The 2011 Earthquake happened and did to his brain what 9/11 did to Frank Millers

Because subverting expectations is a mark of briliant writing of course. It's unimportant that Anno can only subvert things towards misery. Our feeble minds, can't comprehend the genious of Master Anno.

It will be revealed that the credit scene is a timeline that occurs after Rebuild where Kaworu fixes everything

>The preview of the 3rd rebuilt (at the end of movie 2) also completely different to the actual movie.
the preview for the 2nd rebuild was completely different then the actual movie also. Its all a troll.

>Because subverting expectations is a mark of briliant writing of course.

(Cough) Last Jedi (Cough)

Why does anyone here still care about this dogshit series? I thought we were supposed to have good taste, not be a bunch of reddit tier faggots who've just discovered anime. This garbage hack that everyone calls a "genius" got lucky 30 fucking years ago and since he couldnt make anything good again decided to keep dragging the corpse of his one success around for far too long.

CGI/cel-shading in anime has always been bad. A knee+jerk reaction is fucking justified.

I'm not sure if you're praising or criticizing this masterpiece. I don't know if I should whine about you on Twitter for being a Nazi.

How is he such a pussy pleaser?

Attached: kissneverwassm.jpg (251x136, 5K)

>Tall and tan for a Japanese dude
>Has tragic past and gets in fights often. So he's a bad boy

He made a deal with the devil. In exchange for getting all the pussy, his firstborn will BE a pussy.

You are allowed to take rei out on a date. What's the plan?

OG Rei, Rebuild Rei, or Q Rei?

He is probably rich.

Take her to a movie and buy her clothes. Im not a pedophile so it would be a big bro thing.

The date will never happen. The angel will attack and she won't survive. You should know by now.

each one.

she can beat my cock

oh shiet, ain't that that Tekken illustrator

Attached: 1568601724143.gif (224x224, 1.52M)

Sounds legit

>Shinji will be forced to live, even if he has nothing to live for.

I'm literally praying to God to have Anno kill Shinji Ikari.

I'm hopin' that Shinji pulls a fast one on these fuckers and brings the world down with him or rebuilds it.

What.. the fuck.

What am I looking at here? What's their goal in these weird designs?

Iseewhatyadidthere

m*ri fodder.

I'm no lesbian deviant, but,
we'd scissor like animals while we let old men watch

Attached: 1251401708209.jpg (850x1212, 279K)

>the end scene of 2.0.
the absolute K I N O

Attached: d3xBPg9.gif (500x278, 1023K)

WE MUST ACCEPT THE RISK OF PAIN IN ORDER TO FORM RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER HUMANS

hell yeah it is brother

>as if there's still anime that doesn't use any CGI
k.

What is the purpose of this character?

to not trust Yea Forums's general consensus on anything since rebuild is far more intriguing than the original series

It's literally the best part of the rebuilds.
I put up with all the shit in 1.0/2.0, because I can forgive them for that scene alone, but 3.0 is just fucking garbage, for the same reasons 1.0/2.0 are, but it just goes nowhere.

What a joke

I WANT TO FUCK THE ANGELS ALL OF THEM

That's only because it isn't finished.

>>rebuilds
Sequels

How whould you fuck Lel? Would you just stick your dick in the ground?

Attached: [Wasurenai] Kamisama Minarai Himitsu no Cocotama - 68 [H264 1280x720] [826AB6AC].mkv_snapshot_03.55_ (1280x720, 724K)

If you intentionally leak your employer's confidential info for some Internet brownie points, you should brace yourself for a termination if you get caught.

Attached: 1567676020673.png (957x535, 772K)

>Lel
just masturbate inside it

If you went inside Leliel and fucked yourself, would that count as selfcest or raping Leliel?

Attached: 1529803064542.jpg (246x245, 13K)

my own clone
now neither of us will be virgins

>intentionally
I'm sorry, but wasn't it released accidentally earlier in this very thread?

wait, its in theaters there already? i thought its good 4 years still
am i retarded?

Thicc is a meme, sticc is where it's at

nothnig even mattress

Ten minute preview released few months ago, film releases June next year.

oh fuck i want to see this artis do asuka and misato

Evangelion is hot garbage

Well, it would actually look better if it came off a camrip since you'd see less of the details that might ruin the immersion.

Attached: 1538528238768.png (480x640, 104K)

>Anno should just let shinji kill himself
Reminder he let Ogata choose his fate for the film and iirc she chose a "good" one for him.

why don't you jack off and jizz into your eyes. same result.

What if Shinji never got into the Eva in 3.0+1.0 and just spent quality time with his friends while Asuka and Mari save the world?

You won't see anything...

>gendo is one of the tallest characters in the series
According to that chart Toji is now taller than Gendo. It'll be interesting to see how they interact with that new size difference.

the kino revelation will be that Shinji is actually a clone of Gendo, with the soul of Adam, that's why putting him with Rei is no incest shit anymore.

more precisely he has the soul of Eva 01 which is an Adam on Rebuild continuity.

Attached: Adam.gif (312x238, 262K)

>Is this CGI?

That word does not mean what you think it means.

It's a pretty major plot point that Eva units don't have souls of their own. 00 created one based on Naoko's imprint in the Magi, 01 absorbed Yui and 02 gobbled up most of Asuka's mom.

I just want more Space Pirate Asuka and Fuhrer Misato. Maybe Asuka ends up taking a big sis role towards Shinji instead of frustrated love interest and Misato take the parental role again once everything settles down (if shit settles down)

Attached: 1502456568379.png (967x544, 527K)

the rebuild continuity is different of the original show, on the rebuilds some Evas are not clones but actually Adams and have special powers.

>00 created one based on Naoko's imprint in the Magi
Asswank. 00s soul is part of Lillith's, while the other part is in Rei ll.

can't believe there is still people who confuse the lore of the original show with the Rebuilds.

CONGRATULATIONS

Y-you first.

>gendo
what the shit is he doing anyways these days? Was he even in 3.33? I don't really remember. Guess not, hu?

Shut up anno

Why did both impacts occur (EoE and Rebuild)? I thought that would only be triggered if Angels came into contact with Lillith or Adam?

Attached: 1551755266011.png (500x363, 196K)

He did nothing wrong, just watch Nadia and the Secret of Blue Water.
There is a lot stuff and visuals who inspired Eva, the ones who said Eva has nothing of occult inside it never watched this show, the goddamn Anno just try to cover up his attack targeted at jews who rules the world.

I hope anno fucking dies

I WANT A DAD LIKE GENDO

>Ignoring that based Anno already plane everything.
>Ignoring that this kino master can throw shit on a wall and it has still meaning.

Attached: 61a.jpg (132x298, 11K)

I WISH THAT I COULD TURN BACK TIME

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

I'll probably do it myself desu if he keeps his bullshit up

Do Marifags even exist? I don't think I've ever seen one

Attached: 1555470736888.png (1280x720, 1.11M)

I love maria holic

Attached: 1558554102378.gif (500x281, 1.15M)

I wish Kaworu was real

The only way Shinji gets any redemption is if he kills Gendo himself, then self-destructs in Unit 01.

Shinji has done nothing wrong. He needs no redemption.

This was just Simon but worse

Near 4th Impact was on him, though.

>"Don't grab the spears!"
>"Nah, I'm gonna grab 'em anyway!"

He wasn't in a mental space were he could reject being so close to hope.
He had been told that taking the spears would save the world, then Kaworu barely even tries to stop him when he realises it was a trap.

THAT REI IS A BEAUTIFUL, GRACEFUL GODDESS WHILE ASUKA IS A DUMB PUPPET

It's actually Gendo who fit for a Redemption, that guy was aware about the happening of Second Impact, billions of people died.

He should stop cares about a freak woman with Godhood obesession who never really loved him, destroy Eva 01 and the old bastards, and start to be a dad to his son.

It is god damn bullshit that her figure turned out better than Rei's and Asuka's.

Look at this crappy face

Attached: 549715.jpg (571x800, 136K)

I just hope Sagisu's soundtrack is as based as the one for 3.0.

Is this the final movie at last?
What's the duration?

3.0 hours + 1.0 hours.

>duration
you're supposed to watch it on indefinite repeat. over, and all over again.

There's tons of Asuka figs out and coming so I don't mind much.

Attached: 1546614128907.jpg (1280x853, 109K)

I hope he'll get to do something cool this time around instead of just standing there looking pretty

Attached: 3.0+1.0 Trailer.jpg (1071x469, 70K)

>pic
delet this right this instant

Attached: 1551865756205.jpg (790x590, 247K)

>Accidentally kills billions of people
>Made his mother figure relive her childhood trauma. Twice.
>Gave his hitler father a space nuke which will no doubt lead to human extinction.
>Played a part in his redhead sidechick losing her fucking eye.

>He wasn't in a mental space were he could reject being so close to hope

Do you think fucking Wille is going to care when he gave fucking gendo an awakened Eva? I'll be genuinely surprised if they dont lynch him the second he gets back to the Wunder

>using bread as propr
understandable
>putting bread on floor rendering it uneatable
user I'll end you

Attached: 3.jpg (1036x867, 280K)

>>Accidentally kills billions of people
Someone had to

>Reminder he let Ogata choose his fate for the film and iirc she chose a "good" one for him.

At this point Shinji getting a 'good' ending wouldn't make a lick of goddamn sense given what he's singlehandedly guilty of.

>>Accidentally kills billions of people
Not his fault even the slightest.
>>Made his mother figure relive her childhood trauma. Twice.
You mean Misato? She didn't seem to traumatized about it. And again, not Shinji's fault.
>>Gave his hitler father a space nuke which will no doubt lead to human extinction.
>>Played a part in his redhead sidechick losing her fucking eye.
Not his fault.
And for Asuka he actively tried to prevent hurting her. Despite risking his own life to do so.

>what he's singlehandedly guilty of.
Nothing at all?

>Someone had to
Do you think cunt Misato and cunt Asuka and Wille are going to care?

If they did that they would be the villains.

>And for Asuka he actively tried to prevent hurting her. Despite risking his own life to do so.

and she lost her eye to the dummy plug because he was such a fucking pussy

There are no 'heroes' and 'villains' in Eva. Just desperate fucked up human beings acting like how deperate fucked up human beings would in a crisis situation

My wife Miia

She lost her eye to the dummy plug because Gendo is a sadist.

>Not his fault even the slightest.

The whole fucking plot of Q says otherwise.

No, Gendo and SEELE have always been villains.

and it was activated because he refused to man up and save her coward

this is why you don't let women do anything important in anime, the world gets destroyed

The plot of Q is Gendo manipulating everyone to get what he wants. And one of those things is getting Shinji desperate enough to get into Unit-13. Which Shinji did because everyone blamed him for what happend to the world.

Death threats, how original.
He put some of the ones he got into End of Evangelion.

anons wife miia

Attached: 18.png (2034x3007, 2.68M)

Anno will never allow Shinji to go out like that. because god for fucking bid the kid be allowed to grow a pair of fucking balls!

>I hope X dies
>ouuhhh memem gee MODS DEATH THREAT
Kill yourself faggotte

Man up by taking the risk to potentially kill her.

>Which Shinji did because everyone blamed him for what happend to the world.

Which was a key point of the 3rd movie, and having it just disappear in the final movie. Thats not how it works.

He just wanted to make sure that Angel is destroyed.

Ah yes, he should have just gauged her eye out himself instead of letting the dummy plug do it.

But it wasn't actually Shinji fault. So blaming him was wrong.
I doubt though that people will stop blaming him in the forth movie.

At least he could say he tried. At least then she'd be dead and wouldnt be alive to treat him like a failure for leaving her to fucking die in the first place

It was his fault through inaction. If you leave someone to die when you could have saved them, you're just as guilty as those bystanders who let Kitty Genovese get raped to death

The Eva didn't need to bite into the entry plug for that.

What actions could he have taken to stop the death of the billions of people?

Something Misato and Asuka clearly dont understand. It doesn't matter if billions of fucking people are dead. The fact is the human race is still fucking alive because he fought the eva! If he hadn't guess what CUNT you would be fucking dead too! and the way you treated him he probably should have just let the Angels win!

Yeah, he should have risked her life because she was mean to him at times. So it's fine if she dies.

Kill the Angel, and then drop it without trying to pull Rei out of the core. His selfishness in trying to save Rei killed billions of people and made everyone hate him. Including Misato.

>His selfishness in trying to save Rei killed billions of people and made everyone hate him.
Not at all. Kaworu stopped that before it went out of control.
What had happened in 3.33 must have been a different event.

exactly. Thank you

How dare they. The absolute fucking nerve.

I prefer my anime on a flipbook in a dusty Tokyo basement.

>Not at all. Kaworu stopped that before it went out of control.
>What had happened in 3.33 must have been a different event.

Then why the fucking Bomb collar?

Love yourself

Most probably 2.0 after credit scene was retconned because Khara want to get rid of Shinji

Attached: Kaworu a shit.jpg (1920x814, 117K)

soranews24.com/2019/08/31/voice-of-evangelions-main-character-sad-to-see-how-often-he-gets-left-out-of-anime-group-shots/
3.0 bring a feud that never existed before. You either side with brat Shinji, a character that was never popular, or you side with the waifus and Kaworu.

Attached: 1437237670244.jpg (165x258, 12K)

>Then why the fucking Bomb collar?
WILLE being fooled by Gendo's plan.
Doubtful. Kaworu was obviously also fooled by Gendo, no reason to trust what he says.

Kaworu side with Shinji. And Rei doesn't pick a side really.

>What had happened in 3.33 must have been a different event.

They retooled the entire film from the ground up after Anno lost his mind when they survived the 2011 Earthquake.

What does Shinji being Annos self insert mean for the story?

Attached: EEWzVFgXYAITt-7.jpg (2048x1705, 891K)

Yeah and one of those retoolment was to make Shinji the scapegoat for something he didn't do.
And the resentment he is shown alongside the guilt, for something he didn't do, almost makes him do something that was even worse than what he was wrongly blamed for.

>You either side with brat Shinji, a character that was never popular, or you side with the waifus and Kaworu.

That was likely the reason Anno had everyone fucking treat Shinji like scum in that movie and had the movie focus squarely on him. To build sympathy for him and ONLY him. Because up to that point he had been the butt of cruel jokes by both the japan and american fanbase.

It didn't work. but it was an interesting idea

It means Anno hates himself and has always hated himself. He was abused by his father multiple times as a child so of course he'd put that experience into the story of a kid whos always told he's garbage and should just die.

>Kaworu side with Shinji.
See Kaworu believes it was Shinji's fault but he can still fix his mistakes. Even the preview after 3.0 said Shinji will redeem his sins, which most probably mean he'll die or even erase himself from all continuties

Escapism is bad and people sucking off eva to this day need to grow up and have sex.

Gendo is meant to represent society not a father, according to himself.

>Kaworu faggots still here after getting btfo yesterday

I'm not really sure. Also Tsurumaki and the rest have a lot more creative control over the rebuilds than over NGE and Anno was too depressed so I wouldn't be surprised if he runaway and left the madmen to run the assylum. All the crew and staff really hate Shinji

No, Anno just asked her about a small scene in the movie. Not the ending or Shinji's fate.

Tsurumaki has directed all the rebuilds so far and he strongly disagrees

>Tsurumaki: Gendo was meant to be a strong father who should have a positive influence on Shinji so that he could grow to be more confident and adult-like. Many modern fathers in Japan are "mollycoddled" which was another reason to make Ikari Gendo into a strong father.

Yes, Kaworu thinks it is Shinji's fault. But Kaworu doesn't care about that. Kaworu never judges Shinji for what he did.
He even removes the choker that is supposed to represent Shinji's sin.

What's the endgame here?

Attached: 9ba631f98bb48f4fd6f5f4009be28b721421070179_full.jpg (640x521, 110K)

Tsurumaki doesn't understand Eva. Simple as that.
>Anno: I'm not sure that it's a real father [that Gendo represents]. Well, not a father in the sense of a parent with a blood relation to his child, but more, I think, [in the sense of being] a representative of society or the system
>Anno: That might be it. Perhaps Gendo is [a representation of] society itself

Really interesting article, had never seen it. Thanks for posting, user

Given the 'next time preview' in 2.22 the bastard has proven he will just outright fucking lie to his audience if he thinks it will make them come back to see the next movie/episode.

That was a very manipulative scene, both in-universe and from the audience's perspective. What most people got is that Shinji "killed" Kaworu despite Kaworu is so dreamy and perfect so Shinji is a total scumbag and he should just die

Kaworu literally said himself it's not Shinji's fault and he shouldn't blame himself. If anything Kaworu was there to give the audience more sympathy for Shinji.

Fuck. Well that sucks. Now my positivity is gone

The only way it could get worse for Shinji in the next movie would be if someone raped him.

The movie just made Misato and Asuka seem like absolute cunts for the way they treated Shinji. Especially Misato for being such a hypocrite after cheering Shinji on at the end of 2.0.
Even if he was the cause of what happened he clearly didn't intend it, Gendo set him up to do that. At least Kaworu knew not to blame Shinji but he's dead now so Shinji has no one.

This shit is disgusting considering that recently Japan got more strict laws against child abuse and 2018 had a record number of child abuse denounces. The Japanese department wasn't able to deal with many of the issues because they were literally clueless about it. The point is that it's not like parents are mistreating their children more than before but children are starting to talk.

Fun fact: Around the time 3.0 was released, a teen boy committed suicide because his baseball coach bullied him. Shit is fucked

Attached: asuka kick.jpg (518x224, 24K)

this was the scene that made me want asuka and misato to have a horrible death in final

Most evafags disagree, specially Asukafags. In fact, they believe Shinji had it too easy

Attached: 1433368327513.gif (500x213, 1019K)

Who cares what retards believe?

>If anything Kaworu was there to give the audience more sympathy for Shinji.
Shinji is a fucking faggot. Geondola should have operated the robots.

>The movie just made Misato and Asuka seem like absolute cunts for the way they treated Shinji. Especially Misato for being such a hypocrite after cheering Shinji on at the end of 2.0.

In her very minor defense. She did have 14 years in a post-apocalyptic hellscape seeing people die to regret her actions and resent him for leaving her to suffer in Angel Core Material world.

because waifufags are cancerous, if anno had any integrity he would rape them a new one in the new movie

Must've gotten a bad translation. My mistake. I should really find a proper translation fo that event.

Yep, he needs to make it up to asuka

Attached: 1568690689008.jpg (1200x848, 419K)

Same.

Attached: Misato then Perish.jpg (666x671, 32K)

just look at this pathetic little shit. fucking shinji, holy fuck. LOOK AT HIM. JUST LOOK.. AAAHHHHH

From her tweet:
twitter.com/Megumi_Ogata/status/1148092079098253312

Anno asked her last year if she was Shinji, what decision she would make relating to a scene in the middle of the movie, not the ending of the movie.
She also says she's done voice acting for about half of the movie so far and she doesn't know the specifics of what's going to happen in the final half yet.

The authorial intent was that Asuka was 100% right because Shinji didn't save her (Even Mari tell it to the audience) and Shinji should man up. In the other hand, I believe in death of the author so fuck that scene. The problem is people are used to take what they're told by granted instead of thinking and take their own conclusions. It's fucking Disney/Marvel fault

Asuka is an absolute cunt in 3.0. She screams at Shinji telling him to go die and then starts whining when he fights back, saying "I can't believe he put his hand on a girl, he's the worst."

What a fucking bitch.

Same. For all the talk Anno gives about 'opening up to others despite the pain they cause you'. Well it comes off as victim blaming an abuse victim for not loving their abuser more

We call that female on male rape where I come from. Also she's 28 now and is way too fucking old for him.

I can only say 'I agree' so many times before I have to stop.

How could Anno write 3.0 and not think people would see Misato/Asuka as the villains and Shinji as the good guy?

As long as Anno is directing the rebuilds I doubt that was the intent.

>Also she's 28 now

So is he

Bullshit number one complaint about that movie was how everyone treated shinji like shit

>For all the talk Anno gives about 'opening up to others despite the pain they cause you'. Well it comes off as victim blaming an abuse victim for not loving their abuser more
That is obviously not the intent.
He killed Gendo off in EoE for how he treated Shinji.

He's still mentally and physically a barely pubescent 14 year old. It would be gross. Then again this IS anno we're talking about.

He's been unconscious for 14 years, she's been alive and mentally growing. Though what a joke, she acts like a bipolar child.

>all these people shitting on 1.0
The final fight in 1.0 was just as kino as 2.0's finale, especially for the combined-arms /m/echachad audience.

I think given the power the audience has to destroy a movie before it even reaches theaters. Authorial intent doesn't matter for shit in current year.

I can't believe Gendo is fucking dead.

>barely pubescent
Just how i like em'!

Attached: 1452493527027.jpg (850x1200, 673K)

>The final fight in 1.0 was just as kino as 2.0's finale
So it is shit compared to the original?

What makes 2.0 so KINO is the use of music in the final sequence, and then the black out to beautiful world. That leaves you back quite more emotionally loaded than whatever happened again in 1.0. I don't even remember.

The problem is that compared to what came after it. It's just so. . . tame. Like Eva, thanks to it's original limited animation budget had to animate the Evas as these giant bulky, mass-heavy beasts that had to gain momentum and that required a ton of strategy to use.

In Rebuilds after 1.0. It's like a Bayformers movie. None of the mechas have real weight or physics apply to them anymore. So it's like watching two giant baloons bounce off each other rather than a fight between two massive pieces of metal and alien flesh

They used that music dissonance in the scene where asuka gets rekt though, so it loses impact.

Unlike Kaworu and Misato I'm not the fucking Child Snatcher from Chitty Chitty bang bang.

She is still physically 14. I dont think it matters that much considering how fucked his relationship with Rei is.

worked just fine for me

Attached: 884375354635635.gif (500x280, 1.24M)

Where the fuck is he getting all these Eva parts after nearly all of the humans left on Earth has perished? They didn't exactly produce that many Eva parts.

I dont think she's interested in 'children' anymore given she's likely had 14 years of puberty to hate them

>Like Eva, thanks to it's original limited animation budget had to animate the Evas as these giant bulky, mass-heavy beasts that had to gain momentum and that required a ton of strategy to use
See you skipped episode 8 and 9.

A Ramiel cannon strapped to an artificial angel that's powered by those weird Eva's.

>red eyes
Shinji is an angeru now and no one can tell me otherwise

Attached: Lilith and Adam.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Never explained and never will be because Anno is a shitty worlbuilder that never bothers to explain anything because he wants you to ask him what it means so he can troll you

A simple insert song is not anything impressive.
If that were true then half of seasonal anime would have "kino" moments.

I'd argue 1.0's finale uses music powerfully as well, but in a contemporary way closer to the original series, particularly the new renditions of Decisive Battle.

Kaworu was only a year older than shinji, so it's okay as long as the penoos does not touch the annos.

However, misato is 29. Making that kiss in EoE absolutely delicious and 100% pedophiliac.

Automation

>Shinji is an angeru now
what if he actualy debiru?

Attached: loli malam minggu satania-5.gif (400x225, 1.17M)

But aren't Eva organic how is growing so much Eva flesh?

>Misato went to France to get the few spare Eva parts left on Earth
>LOL Gendo has an army of Eva can-can bots marching on them
>they get blown apart
Why do I get the feeling Misato isn't going to scavenge the can-can eva parts? They might as well be doing a Battletech campaign where spare parts are a very finite resources.

God fuck this looks stupid. I don't even dislike cg.

>“If you think of this as a group shot of the potential love interests that doesn’t feature the man character, that kind of thing happens a lot.”
I guess nips don't see Kaworu as a man. I know it's a typo.

All the mass produced Eva parts where going to be spent on the Mass Produced Evas. And the amount we saw attacking NERV was all that they had. So why is he wasting them on the stupid little marching robots that get ganked immediately?

Kaworu isnt a man because he isnt human.

Cats can be male, but they cant be men.

Mass produced implies they have a way to produce them en masse. So I doubt there is a problem.

Angels are also humans in Eva.

It's not an infinite resource. He deployed more Eva torsos w/ legs than there were Mass Produced Evas in EoE. What the hell does he have left?

No humans are Lilin the other angels are not Lilin last time I checked. Though they are closely related since both come from a seed of life thoguh different seeds.

EoE is a different continuity. A lot is different in the rebuilds so why not the mass produced Evas as well
And we have no reason to think that the nine eva's was all that Selee had the capacity to make. Perhaps they were still in the early stages but Gendo did force their hand and they decided to get rid off him early.

The 9 were all Seele could make. 12 were originally planned but Seele did not have the resources to finish three of them. Which is why they only had 9.

Lilin are Lilin. Humans are all the angels.
They even call Adam the first human.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - 08 [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][ED1E605A].mkv_snapshot_21.25.673.jpg (1440x1080, 183K)

>angels are humans
I forgot about that.

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 5K)

Yeah, because Gendo forced their hand. They had 14 years now to build however many they want.

Humans are Angels does that mean all Angels are humans. Unless we are changing the definition of what a human is.

The definitions of that Eva operates under at least call Adam, and therefore also Kaworu, human.

In defense of rebuild Shinji he fought back and restrained Bardiel until those 2 extra arms put him in the same situation.

I do not see how Adam can be the first human. Especially since all life on Earth came from Lilith.

Plus Gendo was with Kaji when he called Adam the first human so he could have been lying to Kaji. Since Kaji is unaware that Lilith exists.

*Blocks Your Path*

Attached: Jar_Jar_SWSB.png (480x615, 585K)

>I do not see how Adam can be the first human. Especially since all life on Earth came from Lilith.
Adam came first. Then came Lilith which made Adam get speared by the spear of Longinus and that made him inactive until Selee activated him in 2000.

>Plus Gendo was with Kaji when he called Adam the first human so he could have been lying to Kaji. Since Kaji is unaware that Lilith exists.
What purpose is there to call Adam the first human here? If he didn't want Kaji to know something he could just have said nothing.
It was obviously intended for the audience.

It's just illustration. Mari's face on the actual product is going to be just as shit. I don't recall a single Yamashita figure that managed to correctly replicate his style.

Tsurumaki is directing the rebuilds

If I put my dick in this what is it called?

Sex?
Blowjob?
Headfuck?
Aural?

Attached: big think.png (1663x929, 2.37M)

Mindfuck

Rei and Shinji both call Kaworu human even after he reveals he is Adam/an Angel

>Including Misato
You mean the one that shouted at the top of her lungs for him to go for it?

Misato is piece of shit who's opinion should be disregarded she blamed the angels and wanted revenge against them because her father decided to play mad scientist and fucked the whole world that made her use children for her purpose disregarding their sanity and allowing herself to get manipulated by Nerv.

Then when the kid that was living his own life and Misato made sure she went personally to pick him up so he could pilot something he had no idea what the hell it is nor he even wanted does the same as her father not because of muh crazy experiments but because he wanted to save someone else Misato quickly shifts the blame to him and treats him like shit.

As is Anno.

Well he does have a human body. Other than possessing the sould of Adam which allows him to create a powerful AT field he is not that different from a normal human.

Shinji is best girl

Attached: 1568751593690.jpg (666x1000, 432K)

At least Jar Jar had more of an Impact on the story and character development than Mari did.

>Doesn't look too bad

Attached: 1554895196231.jpg (672x777, 54K)

How do they right themselves up if they trip?

Why not just attach the spines to the laser directly?

This better not awaken things in me

always be yourself. unless you can be orange fanta, then always be orange fanta

This shot is Anno laughing at you. That's all that 4.0 will be; money burning on the screen so that Anno can demonstrate once and for all just how much he utterly hates his fanbase and wants to destroy it.

He'll still take all those fat royalty cheques though, from now until the day he dies.

CONGRATURATIONS !!!

Attached: 1562814602416.jpg (451x600, 31K)

>That's all that 4.0 will be; money burning on the screen so that Anno can demonstrate once and for all just how much he utterly hates his fanbase and wants to destroy it.
And it will be the best selling Eva property to date.

That Asuka is best girl and Kaworu is best boy
Don't @ me

Attached: rei btfo.png (686x836, 429K)

Have sex, incels

Wow Asuka completely destroyed Rei. Now I am wondering how Shinji did compared to Kaworu.

Shinji is even lower on that ranking, I think he's even behind Mari

>make eva but worse
>the worse girl becomes more popular
Make sense.

Evangelion has always been shit. Tekkaman Blade and Escaflowne are the real MVP´s.

I haven't watched it yet, but I think people should keep in mind Shinji is still barely a teenager while Misato is a middle-aged woman and while Asuka hasn't physically aged that's not an excuse for her to continue acting like a brat for more than a decade.

This

Anime directors never like making cg look slow and bulky for some reason. Really antithetic to the genre which is weird because Anno directed Shin Godzilla not long after this and hes as slow and bulky as a guy in a rubber costume in miniature city set.

Attached: 1544346853992.webm (720x480, 2.8M)

>Asuka hasn't physically aged that's not an excuse for her to continue acting like a brat for more than a decade.

She acts that way because she sees herself as superior to Shinji because she's the adult he should listen to.

>This garbage hack that everyone calls a "genius" got lucky 30 fucking years ago and since he couldnt make anything good again decided to keep dragging the corpse of his one success around for far too long.
The words of someone that has only watched Eva.

Make that second best next to Best Boy™ Toji.

Attached: top bro.jpg (960x1440, 185K)

You mean like a primary school teacher that turns red in the face if a 7 year old doesn't keep his desk clean.

Attached: 1543049721420.png (438x441, 38K)

How would you feel if Shinji grew balls of steel in 4.0?

based, except shinji is better than kaworu

nice cope

So 4.0 will be a fanservice shit like 3.0?

Although I favor Kaworu I must admit Toji is a total bro, nice taste user.

Attached: 3632.jpg (852x634, 144K)

as if. I mean, big if true. No, that's not it. I mean BWAHAHAHAHA, hahahaha. Yeah. That's the one.

Dread as I waited for him to screw up again since Shinji can't have nice things.

Sad because I know he'll get punished for it again like at the end of 2.0

THERE WILL BE B O O B I E S

Attached: 1531432489886.jpg (661x577, 48K)

The motherfucker needs a break from all the shit.

Why does Mari tease Asuka about Shinji and call her the princess to his prince? Is Asuka really a pedo?

She isn't even the same character. Had I been an Asukafag, I would have been ashamed that this was the version that became the most popular.

Because she is Shinji and Asuka daughter from the future.

99.9% of asukafags are Sohryu fans, though. Most tolerate Shikinami at best

Attached: 1550694781304.png (958x720, 844K)

Shinji was a fucking piece of shit with his ayanami retardation...

She never says that, though

I hate that this is a semi-viable theory.
God I hate the rebuilds

Maybe on Yea Forums, but outside Shikinami is almost certainly more popular.

That's wrong, most Asukafags are Shikinamifags. Soryu was never popular. That's why Shikinami has the most fanart and doujinshi.

You can't hope to compete in current visibility with Shikinami. She's in the new movies (which aren't even finished coming out), all new merch is about her, all the Google searches get to her first, etc.

>most asukafags are shikinami fags
zoomer spotted

Attached: 32453245324523453245.png (1305x959, 1.75M)

Only cucks would see that motherfucker as the hero

It's the same for every character, but the NGE counterparts for the other characters are way more popular than their Rebuild ones.
Unlike Asukafags who prefer Shikinami.

Lol no

Guys, instead of talking about how 4.0 will inevitably be a shitshow why don't we instead talk about Misato's tits?

Attached: 1539486431176.jpg (1482x1976, 897K)

>mari calls asuka princess
>kaworu calls gendo king of the lilin
>kaworu calls gendo his father
>this makes kaworu a prince
Uh...bros? AsukaxKaworu confirmed?

Attached: Kaworu and his girlfriend Asuka.png (400x300, 21K)

>she never says that
She teases Asuka about Shinji twice I believe. And then tells it's the prince's job to save the princess, with the obvious context behind it

Nah, she says if you're gonna cry there at least go save princess. She never calls him a prince, just puppy boy.

Yea Forums is tsundere about Rebuild it, they claim to hate it but keep up with it religiously
When we had the french 10 min preview a few weeks back, we had multiple anticipation threads hitting 500+ the same day, people calling for sticky, etc.

Attached: 1546572481387.jpg (1600x1168, 1.44M)

I'm actually excited and hopeful for 4.0 tho. I thoroughly enjoyed 3.0 and Shin Godzilla was amazing. Plus the spanish guitar in the preview was fucking amazing

Huh I thought Shinji was referred to as a prince or king of lilim in 3.0 somewhere, maybe I misremembered

Gendo is called the king of the Lilin by Kaworu

Kaworu also calls Gendo his father in 2.0. What the fuck.

She absolutely teases her about Shinji and tells him to save the princess, but as you said never calls shinji a prince in that context iirc

Or something else

Attached: 1539585967854.jpg (1200x869, 136K)

imagine the smell

Attached: 1548105158943.jpg (399x374, 57K)

who was the real jew on this story? Yui or Gendo? Both?

Menacing

Attached: 1562351657652.jpg (800x439, 233K)

Keel Lorenz

Take care of yourself, if you dont no one will

It makes my peepee hard

If only they had ended up together instead of how the series really ended

yup. Pretty much. Given she grew up in the 14 years and dealt with the cruel world he played a part in creating. . . and he still has the gall to try and pretend things can go back to 'normal'

>tfw they will never do the rest
>tfw Shinji missed out on weeks of sex with a 10/10

Attached: 1546840331445.png (1440x1080, 1.36M)

lol looks like you were right

He had the chance but he rejected her ass in ep 23

>unironically wanting Shinji and Misato to get together
disgusting

Well she can't be interested In "men" since she is still physically 14. That would be just as weird as her liking a 14 year old kid. Wasn't she teased by Mari too

She kept begging Kaji to fuck her in the anime so that seems to be a nonissue to her

At 14 you'd absolutely be already interested in adults. 14 is not 6

You can like older dudes/girls in your teens, not crazy. Although Mari teasing her about Shinji is a bit telling that she is still holding onto some emotional baggage

She was trying to kill him later in the movie so I don't think she cares that much

OG series not rebuild. In rebuild she has no crush on Kaji at all. They cut a lot of the meaty bits from the original series off the character development to fit them into a 90 minute runtime.

And then didn't flesh her out at fucking all in Q

Anno said in the beginning that Asuka would only be a minor character with some cameos in Rebuild. That's why he changed her name, to let people know she's not the same character from nge.

NERV would be the Clans in this case.

Attached: 1568354997479.png (756x1252, 922K)

As was the case in beavis and butthead do america. Shinji will never score.

It literally looks like PS2 era cinematics
I know it saves money but can they possibly think it looks good. These guys have been involved with art all their lives, they can't have that bad of a taste

It's because we have nothing else.

Based on an interview with Sadamoto and her VA, the dots kinda come together hinting at her being from the past rather than the future. Only time will tell, and honestly is it such a big deal for character like her?

Attached: 1568519635222.jpg (2653x4205, 2.06M)

It's gonna be something dumb like "the ancients knew about LCL and she entered it and became immortal" isn't it
I'm also wondering, why doesn't everyone want the "Curse of Eva". Sounds sweet

She was also screaming for Shinji at the start and had an autism outburst when she saw him. The problem is she cares too much and has been holding all that baggage and frustration without him being there to take it out on.

None of you guys read the Manga where she's one of yui's schoolmates?

I have but I doubt that's what's coming in 4.0.

>So, in the last page of the manga there is Mari, one of the Rebuild’s characters…

>Sadamoto: Oh, that’s not in the storyline, it’s just an extra chapter for the manga volume. It’s even apart from the movies, like fanservice. Just something you mustn’t think too hard about. (laugh) It’s just something that went through my mind, I thought it would be funny if it were like that.

>I see. So it was not a request?

>Sadamoto: It wasn’t and… since she appeared in Jo, Ha and Q, I wondered what her role in the story would be, and when I asked the staff, they told me that it won’t be possible to really go further in one film, so they had to tie the main story up, and that Mari may have almost no screen time. So I wondered what the point was, and decided to add a little bit of her story in the manga, on impulse. So it’s really not something the staff of the movies thought about or asked me to do, just something you can consider as a play of mine.

Why are people still interested in this smoldering heap of a franchise?

If she cared she wouldn't be trying to seriously kill him later in the movie

That make Asuka to sound like a bitter cunt.

>I had a hard life so that mean I can treat children like shit
Literally boomer shit. Even japs are realizing this is bullshit

Well the only people who defend Asuka's cunt behavior are her retarded fans. Most sane people realize she's a hypocritical bitch in the movies.

Too far back, think Showa-era. Due to her humming tunes from that point in time. Perhaps it was during this period when they attempted experiments using LCL. Plus I don't think she'd be as chill or stable-minded as she is having lived some aught 1000 years.

>I'm also wondering, why doesn't everyone want the "Curse of Eva". Sounds sweet
Eternity is relentless.

Attached: 1567912010787.jpg (3504x5000, 2.57M)

Rebuild being shitty doesn't make TV + EoE any less good. I basically only discuss regular Eva on Yea Forums, Rebuild stuff only very rarely

Attached: 1487112217937.jpg (1336x1416, 227K)

>Eternity is relentless.
You can still die if you want I'd imagine. You won't regenerate a bullet to your brain, you just don't age

I think you're missing my point, her 'caring' about him doesn't have to be wholly positive. A lot of it was pent up anger and frustration. She literally loses her shit around him throughout the entire movie. If she was indifferent towards him she wouldn't burst out in such ways.

Mari is ugly as fuck.
You can't change my mind

Then stop talking about Rebuild, dummy. Also, this series ended in 1997. Get the fuck over it.

How is Mari so great? No really, just how does she do it? Many tried before? Rei, Asuka, Misato, Kuowaru. They all failed miserably. But this. It's perfection.

Attached: 1525022149313.png (500x385, 195K)

The problem is her retarded fans vote with their wallet and they're most vocal. was taken from the Evastore. It doesn't help nobody likes Shinji so it's easier to blame him for everything like all the characters already do

>this level of cope
So you're telling me Reifags are too scared to voice their opinion and are poor? Lmao sad!

Attached: 1535578374508.jpg (410x369, 46K)

We have yet to see the extent of this curse, it'd be interesting if Asuka had thought the same thing just to find out it doesn't work. Hell, this might even save Shinji in case those fuckers on the Wunder attempt killing him.

Attached: 1436327780388.jpg (849x361, 89K)

You're just mad that your favorite series doesn't get consistent discussion 22 years after airing.

>stop discussing what I don't like
You shouldn't even have entered this thread

I meant no man should be interested in her. That would be a weird thing for Anno to write

Reifags probably doesn't want to support the company that created Rei Q.

Attached: Nebuchadnezzar and the 4 beasts (Rebuild of Eva).jpg (776x4303, 1.4M)

Attached: 1482536688094.jpg (259x278, 31K)

Asuka keeps her lost eye, so it seems extreme regeneration isn't a thing with curse of Eva. Also WILLE was counting on the bomb collar to kill Shinji, so at least some level of trauma will still kill you it seems

2.0 Rei was 3rd in the poll though, not Q

Attached: 1449025930683.jpg (600x599, 204K)

Some people aren't as spiteful as others.

Yeah I'm sure some people being spiteful is the reason she got 1/10 of the votes of Asuka

Attached: DRXUaJFX0AAWYGW.jpg (461x414, 30K)

There may be a way to undo all the damage that has occurred to the planet, and pull the opposite of EoE.

Oh, shit I completely spaced on that. At least there's still a way out.

Attached: Deus Ex Machina.jpg (1920x872, 275K)

A disgruntled fan would simply not vote.
So I am not sure about your point.

>kaworu in 2nd place
Just make him the MC already if Japan loves him so much.

Attached: Kaworu's harem.jpg (850x798, 158K)

>a disgrunted fan would simply not vote for 2.0 poki-poki waifu Rei
Having a hard time believing it, think you're just deluding yourself user

Just finished Nadia: the secret of Blue Water, you just should watch it, maybe Anno will take some ideas from the last episodes of the show for the conclusion in the last movie, there is even Adam featuring inside Nadia which Atlanteans used to create humanity, of course i not the same lore than Eva but Anno re-used many ideas, concepts and archetypes for Eva, especially from the episodes 35-39.

I think they will probably be some kind of epic final battle, maybe some scene with Rei manipulated by Gendo or Fuyutsuki, with the probable sacrifice of Misato or Kaji.

Shinji will dies or do some god-like shit to save somebody with his hidden Adam power related to Eva 01.

and Shikinami will probably not be very important, she was never important on the Rebuild continuity, the movie will be more focused about Mari.

The battle happening in Paris is another reference to the final battle happening on Nadia and the secret blue water, even there the Eiffel tower was fucked.

Anno is basically jerking off on his first works.

>movie will be more focused about Mari.
I really hope not. I just want to see more of Commander Misato and Pirate Asuka with Shinji hopefully redeeming himself

Kaworu sue being the MC would make for the most boring shit ever

dirty ass floor pajeet!

His first work was Gunbuster.

Sues make the best MCs, just look at Kira from Gundam

Believe what you want.

How could you still like them after they treated Shinji like garbage, they're the ones who need to be redeemed for being such assholes to him

Well i don't said the movie will be about Mari, just that her background will probably be revealed.

Nadia also feature the New Nautilus which is a flying Battleship, the Wunder is nothing but this kind of shit basically, Misato here is playing the role of Nemo.

maybe we will see Yui acting as a villain inside Eva 13 with Gendo, with Fuyutsuki betraying them for good reasons.

Imagine missing the entire point of the show because you have a hard-on for some homo

>imagine all of japan missing the entire point of the show
Yeah. That's why we have Rebuild and all these shitty SoL spin offs in the first place.

Attached: Eva Store.jpg (2448x3264, 1.42M)

I know but he not re-used a lot of things from this for Eva except the Mecha shit and the crybaby hero.
Anno is basically masturbating on his earlier works on those Eva movies and plebs don't even notice it.

the preview at the end of 2.0 was kino but it was not made because Shinji was not out of Eva 01, thought we have a lot of informations and references who fit with the events of what we see, maybe we will get one day a mini-series about that.

Ditto, I had wanted to see more about the Wunder and their Blue Sub 6 escapades. And more along the lines of their day to day life in this post-apocalyptic hellscape.

Attached: 1564685388577.jpg (700x720, 52K)

He also reused the main character falls in love with a white haired pretty boy who then dies the same episode.

Anno is a hack

Attached: Brown haired MC and White haired love interest.jpg (259x194, 12K)

Because they've been fighting a hard war for 14 years and don't have time for bullshit. Even if by accident, the kid put them in that situation, the literal end of days. It would have been better to show him a bit more compassion but 14 years of constant warfare changes a person and makes them lose their sentimental side.

If Shinji stayed on the Wunder for a bit longer I'd imagine he would get debriefed sooner or later, whether officially or not. He literally spent like 10 minutes on the ship before he bounced because Rei came. They had no time to re-establish bridges. And then the next time they see him he's, again, about to actually end the world FOR REAL this time. Misato and Asuka aren't entirely blameless, but it's a pretty normal way to react to a kid that almost made humanity go extinct and made you fight and scrape by for your life for more than a decade.

That's only speculation, we never see their point of view so there's no reasonable expectation for the audience to empathize with them

I hope we get a mini-series spin-off showing their day to day after 4.0 comes out to bridge the gap between 2.0 and 3.0. I'd love to see the misadventures of Asuka/Misato and crew as they try to reconcile what just happened and their frustrations over Shinji that they can't get closure over.

I really hate how no one knows what a death threat is anymore.

The only thing about this that is 'speculation' is thinking that he would get debriefed sooner or later. Everything else holds true.

how he can be a hack? he invented that and used his own ideas again, a lot of artists do the same things.
now if you want to accuse him of being a hack from re-using stuff from mythos and religions it's another debate.

if you watch Nadia, you will realize the shitons of stuff he used for Eva, there is literally an episode where the villain explains to the heroin on his spaceship that Atlanteans created a giants called Adam and mixed his DNA with Apes to create humans.

maybe on the Eva lore, the dead sea scrolls were written by some extinct ayy lmao civilization, it was never really clear.

It was a joke

We see Misato struggling over pressing the button to Shinji's collar and ultimately failing because she still obviously cares about him, despite her full well knowing not going through with it and letting Shinji go back to NERV may spell the end of the world. We also know Asuka still hasn't gotten over him because she screams out for him at the beginning and pops a blood vessel whenever she sees him. There's a very obvious ambivalence there.

Too late, fag.

Why is Shinji so important to Asuka in Rebuild anyways
Their relationship didn't have 1/100th of the development it had on the classic series, yet here we have her being tsundere about him, almost like she fully became her archetype instead of transcending it like Soryu did

Attached: 1534454374784.jpg (850x1155, 150K)

>War between Wille and NERV/SEELE
>Each episode ends with more and more destruction to the planet
>People lose their loved ones or relationships are strained
>Hope dwindles
>Rage and despair remain
>Last episode ends mere moments before finding Unit 01

It'd be a cool thing to watch before 3.0 if they ever did something like that.

Attached: 1480354026663.jpg (620x350, 158K)

Because she's badly written.

She doesn't seem to be tsundere, she legitimately tries to kill him during the battle scene. They'll throw in 1 or 2 scenes to bait shippers into giving them money though.

Why is he calling Tetsujin 28 go "my animation"? Maybe I'm blind but I don't see anything about that on his wiki page.

The Rebuild are clearly made to ship Shinji with Rei, it will be justified by both having souls of ayy lmaos and both being clones of Gendo and Yui.

Shikinami is not even fully even human too, she's probably an experience with Angel mutation.

>"How can you tell shit is bad just from looking at it??? At least smell and taste it first retards!!"
I'll pass thanks

>Shikinami is not even fully even human too, she's probably an experience with Angel mutation.
This was almost a thing if I recall.

Attached: 1568348774655.jpg (1172x1558, 397K)

>Why is Shinji so important to Asuka in Rebuild anyways

Shinji seems kind of important to everyone because he effectively destroyed the world.

He's like a walking, breathing Adam in his own right, they unleashed him not understanding what would happen in 2.0 and now spend the movies trying to figure out what to do about this apocalyptic thing they have on their hands. It probably just is on everyone's mind "Oh, Shinji, that guy who turned everything into a hell hole" which is what they've been thinking for the last 14 years. There's going to be some odd interactions with that hovering over your head.

It totally 100% should have been.

Attached: 1559775171112.jpg (971x1400, 205K)

>The Rebuild are clearly made to ship Shinji with Rei
I thought so too, but then 3.0 shipped Shinji with Kaworu

Attached: Kaworu and Shinji.jpg (500x436, 56K)

She's tsundere as fuck in 2.0 and slightly in 3.0 with the Mari teasing and her getting pissed. In 3.0 tho it's much moreso anger than her hiding she likes him

Reminder that Red Noah exploded scattering seventeen balls of light, just check it out.

Hormones, living domestically, fighting angels together, making food for her, etc. They do most of the same shit together besides the kiss, there just isn't a lot of animated time to make it seem like they've been doing it for months like in NGE

He died, I have an hypothesis about him.
Eva 01 and Eva Mk06 came both from one of the four Adams which was probably destroyed or divided in two.

Two differents souls put in two differents clones, one is a hybrid and the other is a human, but that's why they are related.

>He died
Did you watch the trailer for the next movie? He's alive and there.

When I first watched this movie as a camrip like 2 decades ago, I had no idea what that was on her forehead. I thought it was cool though.

>she's probably an experience with Angel mutation.
What does that even mean?

Yeah it's the unfortunate truth to making all these into movies. A lot of shit is going to get streamlined and or not shown. At the very least now they've broken the path of NGE with 3.33 and now 4.0 will at least have some cool twist and turns. And despite how I want Shinji to usurp the title of antagonist, it'll most likely end on a good note with what we've seen thus far. Opposite of NGE's ending.

Attached: 1562188988819.jpg (1024x1280, 626K)

Is it really true that the cast hate Shinji though? Ogata and Miyamura have both stated they don't like asushin and Miyamura used to dislike/dislikes(?) the eva fanbase after the harassment thing but is there any evidence of widespread hate of Shinji's character? You could just be projecting the tumblr crowd's Shinji hate.

I expect a similar kind of ending for the final movie.
It is better to let lives individuals with Ayy lmao souls or should they all disappear? Because it could imply the death of Shinji.

NGE didn't have a completely awful ending in terms of the potential for the character's to grow and find happiness, especially after the balls to the wall therapy session of 3I, but god damn the environmental damage and loss of life is just devastating.

NGE's ending IS good

Maybe he his a dream, a hallucination, à Quantum form or a flashback.
We don't know.

they're celluloids, they're bringing them back when people least expect it

Doesnt matter since anno likes Asushin and Shinji

Must be why he had Shinji strangle Asuka twice.

>the cast hates Shinji
I hear this a lot too and its why I don't take their opinions seriously. He literally did nothing 'wrong' up until EoE, he was just a scared boy with a traumatic past who was scared to reach out to others. He puts his life on the line despite all of this to defend his friends and humanity in general.

But because he fapped over Asuka at his absolute lowest he's all of a sudden an awful person deserving of hate. I don't get Miyamura's hate boner over him when most of the reason's that he frustrates Asuka is because she is too broken to look past her persona/mask and start to accept her own Jungian shadow which Shinji is a representation of.

It mean that she's an hybrid created for military reasons with Angel DNA, but has a proper human soul.
Mari is probably a similar experiment.
Shikinami and Makinami are names of battleships.

I'm not saying EoE is shit, I'm saying tonally it won't be a downer.

How many times must we have this talk?

But is it a downer? EoE has a message of hope for both the characters and humanity

>most famous tragedy since hamlet
>dude just end it casually like fairy tale

Shinji is so hated in Japan that his voice actor is constantly whining about it on twitter:

Attached: shinji doesn't sell.jpg (670x838, 130K)

EoE isn't a downer thematically though. Yeah, the world is fucked but the character's finally have the possibility to accept themselves and grow as individuals, and the chance of them to find happiness together is there as long as they pursue it. Plus others can come back and have a more introspective understanding of themselves because of 3I

>anno likes Asushin
If he did he wouldn't have sidelined it in favor of Rei/Shinji and Kaworu/Shinji in Rebuild

EoE was awesome during the scene with that OST: m.youtube.com/watch?v=zDmG4nClXUM

But everything was ruined with the final "I need you" scene, how could you appreciate the entire shit if you put a scene like that?

Anno just wanted to make a reference to Devilman

>but the character's finally have the possibility to accept themselves and grow as individuals
Debatable.

>Evangelion is, without question, one of the most respected, influential, and attention-commanding anime series of all time, and so you have to imagine that Megumi Ogata, the voice actress who plays Eva’s main character, teenage mecha pilot Shinji, is pretty proud of that point on her resume...And yet, when organizers need a splashy, eye-catching visual to promote the latest promotion, quite often Shinji is nowhere to be found.

Attached: no shinji.jpg (1280x855, 213K)

It is the second best scene in the movie, faggot.

>Rei understood and embraced her place in the world, Shinji makes the first positive decision in his life, and its implied asuka followed in his footsteps towards self improvement
>Not a outright positive ending.
You absolute dumbass, who the fuck actually cares about nameless fodder of if the oceans are red or blue when the main characters achieved major breakthroughs?

It's fucking shit, strangling some chick on an apocalyptic background is just good to be memed.

Asuka caresses Shinji showing she has a chance to accept herself and by extension him. Shinji choosing to reject Instrumentality and choose reality in hope of finding love and happiness tells us the same.

Them having the capability to do so doesn't mean they are 100% fixed after 3I, or that they necessarily will continue to pursue it instead of resorting to isolation again and drowning in their own misery. However, with the message of the show, I'd say you'd have to be quite a pessimist to assume the latter. Of course that road is going to be full of misunderstanding and frustration but thats part of life.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Wo_vggbteVU
>youtube.com/watch?v=rHk7qrBOORA
>youtube.com/watch?v=2TyoJEUWNO4
>youtube.com/watch?v=Z9aS9bH8f9Q
>youtube.com/watch?v=p4AkK1xjpnY

If there's one thing consistent within' the Evangelion series is that the music has always been pure kino.

Attached: 1566630360516.png (557x605, 150K)

How will they survive in a world like this? It's cool to get self-improvement but getting back to cavemen lifestyle on a destroyed Japan is pretty rad.

There's still fields full of crops and there are likely still lots of shops to be scavenged from while things go back to normal.

>below kirito and seasonal literally whos
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't care for shipping faggotry but that's a pretty dumb argument for him not 'liking' it.

I honestly can't see how you could view the final scene as anything but a counter to the optimism of the scene prior and the TV-ending.
Sure Shinji rejected instrumentality, but he looks more miserable than ever before.
Sure Asuka stroked Shinji's chin, but she looks dead inside and utters her contempt for the situation which is also the last line of the movie.

What Asushin shipper would completely cut them from the movie in favor of two other ships? It's ridiculous. Anno straight up said he wanted to make Asuka a side character for Rebuild because she wouldn't be necessary in telling the message he wanted to tell.

I know he liked Asuka back in the day, but to call him an Asukafag or Asukashipper shows just how little you know of Anno.

But as I said, is there any evidence Miyamura actually dislikes Shinji? Disliking asushin != disliking Shinji.

Shinji is Anno's self insert, Asuka is his waifu, Rei is his Motheru and Kaworu is his husbando / daddy.
This has been widely known for ages, and even though Anno does enjoy the relationships of Rei and Kaworu with shinji (a lot, i might add), in the end one of the universal messages of the series, present in every ending, is the idea of maturing, leaving your mother's lap and facing life, usually meeting the proverbial wife.
Even the manga, written by a major ReixShinji fag, had to buckle down and end it like anno wanted.

Yeah, the cast actually doesnt like AsuShin and even shinji in the general. But then again you need to take in mind that like 95% of japan population are emotionally handicapped and retards in general with very little critical reasoning. I strongly doubt anyone in the crew besides Anno actually knows what NGE is about.

>Implying things will go back to normal
>Implying 90% humanity are not gone
They are probably the only humans on the area wandering on the wastelands provoked by the impact.
Others humans who came back know about Shinji and some probably hate him, it would be even dangerous for him to encounter others humans.

You know it was nice having a Eva thread that did not completely devolve into Asushin vs Kawoshin.

>Asuka is his waifu, Rei is his Motheru
This is just bullshit.
He said he liked Asuka the most. But that is entirely different.
And he said that Rei represent a part of him. Not his mother.
>Even the manga, written by a major ReixShinji fag, had to buckle down and end it like anno wanted.
What does that mean? According to Sadamoto he himself had full control.

No, I don't think she hates Shinji. She just hates the idea of him with Asuka because she knows Asuka would never be happy in a relationship with him.

>Even the manga, written by a major ReixShinji fag
Sadamoto is a KaworuxShinji fag if anything. Kaworu was the only one Shinji had romantic love for, just like in the Anime.

Anno likes Asuka but she definitely is not his waifu, or else he wouldn't have replaced her with Shikinami in Rebuild and made her a side character. With Kaworu on the other hand, Anno constantly talks about how perfect and loveable he is - he's a true Kaworufag through and through. That's why he married a fujoshi who ships Kawoshin.

You jinxed it.

Attached: the ultimate truth.jpg (750x960, 84K)

It goes for a more realistic take. It's not pure optimism, but it gives hope. Shinji choking Asuka is symbolic of pain and rejection in reality, while her counter arguement with the caress is symbolic of despite all of this there is hope for acceptance and understanding

He literally says Asuka is his favorite girl. Is this your brain on homo?

He said he liked Asuka more than Rei iirc, not that she was his favorite girl. Regardless, having someone be your favorite character doesn't make them your waifu. His actions prove it.

>while her counter arguement with the caress is symbolic of despite all of this there is hope for acceptance and understanding
Then she counters the counter argument with the look on her face and by exclaiming her disgust.

Because she is cute. Doesn't sound like he is super attached.

He said Asuka was his favorite character, "because shes cute".

And this somehow undoes the very real character development she has shown with the caress?

>Sadamoto is a KaworuxShinji fag if anything
Which is why the manga is shit. Rebuild also sucks because Asushin isnt as important as in NGE. Anno is the only one who gets it

Honestly I just can't wait to see Kaworu die again.

Nigga we have this talk each thread. Her face has nothing to do with Shinji

If this is confirmed that Shinji is a Gendo clone, then killing Gendo will not become a problem for him, at this point he is totally mentally ill.

>very real character development
I feel you overstate its importance.
It's not some extremely character defining moment for her.

Holy shit this is fucked, never knew ths about Anno, I thought it was all just rumors

I didn't mean that. I mentioned her face in relation to the overall surrounding. Too show that they are both at their lowest point here.

>People still miss the point of Eva and the ending

”Eva" is a story that repeats.
It is a story where the main character witnesses many horrors with his own eyes, but still tries to stand up again.
It is a story of will; a story of moving forward, if only just a little.

Lmao are you serious or baiting?

Never before do we see an unambiguous attempt at affection or communication from Asuka to somebody else because of her ego. And to top it off, she is showing this care to a person that mirrors the parts of her she tries to hide away, meaning she is now partly able to fully accept herself and her shadow as opposed to just living through her outward persona. It is a huge moment for her as a character and shows a great possibility for change.

They cant be at their lowest point since they just returned with the will to live. They want to live and have accepted life

>Anno-san had previously said, “All the characters that appear in Eva are me”; he said that not just Shinji, but Kaji and Misato as well, and even characters like Kaworu and Rei, are aspects of himself. In this sense, every character is ultimately the same. On the surface, different “seasonings” have been used, but inside [the characters] really are very similar. If Mari were to end up the same as them, she would not be able to destroy that world. As a result, for me, Mari was a girl who made use of that “frivolousness” that was the opposite of diligence for her own benefit.

Stay seething, shipper.
Anno was the one who made Shinji fall in love with Kaworu. All Asuka and Shinji got together were a few gag scenes before they start murdering each other in EoE.

You are reading a lot into a simple hand gesture. I can't see the scene in the same way you do at all.

>They cant be at their lowest point since they just returned with the will to live. They want to live and have accepted life
The point of the scene is to subvert that. That despite them choosing life and, at least Shinji, deciding to have a more positive outlook on life they are still miserable with their reality.

You do know Anno is directing Rebuild, right? He's the one that chose to cut out Asushin. It's not as important as you remember it to be.

The entire final scene is supposed to be abstract and symbolic more than literal. I'm not even reading into it that much, this is a pretty surface level reading and it's 100% right

>You do know Anno is directing Rebuild, right?
He's not. Tsurumaki is directing. Anno is only supervising.

I've always thought this as well

Retard.

Attached: file.png (345x337, 25K)

I rewatched NGE on Netflix last week with some friends, and the Asuka/Shinji dynamic really doesn't get that much focus and screentime as I thought it did. So I can understand why Anno would put it on the backburner when retelling the story in Rebuild.

>I'm not even reading into it that much
No you are reading a lot into it.
The scene is very simple, Shinji chokes Asuka. She doesn't react for a long time then puts her hand to his chin. Shinji breaks down crying and Asuka looks at him expressionless. And says "how disgusting".
The whole "unambiguous attempt at affection or communication" or "meaning she is now partly able to fully accept herself and her shadow as opposed to just living through her outward person" are things you have decided to put into the scene.
And are not 100% apparent by watching the movie and scene