What makes Stone Ocean so bad?

What makes Stone Ocean so bad?

Attached: so_color_v03_054.jpg (452x387, 117K)

Only fujoshits think it's bad, but they're brain dead and think Part 5 is great too.

The parts in prison have no sense of progression, everything else is fine.

Personally, I found the fights hard to follow in black and white and I wasn't a big fan of Ermes. I still enjoyed it a lot though, it's a good part.

General (You)tube and R*ddit consensus, it seems, and a strange one all things considered. It's a roughly middle-tier part.

nothing, it's kino
better than part 5 easily

??? second best behind SBR

It's not.

The people who think it's bad are either fujos who're buttblasted that there weren't enough twinks to mash together, brainlets who listen to JoJo youtubers OR people who just couldn't accept that kino ending.

its good

It mostly just suffers from having a super boring middle.
The end is probably one of the best in the series.

Lack of good characters, stands or a plot

Foo Fighters is best girl

It has the best Jojo, the best main stand, the best villain and is literally the only part with a continuous plot. I mean, sure, the rest of the gang is unremarkable and some of the fights during the prison segment can get tiresome (but mostly because you're wanting to see the plot, because the fights themselves aren't worse than other parts' bad fights or anything), but otherwise there's not that much to complain about vis-a-vis [your favorite part]

F.F. is the closest thing I'll have to a waifu, she deserved better, I'm still mad that a counterpart of her didn't appear in the Ireneverse at the end.

It's always been great.
It had some bad parts, like all jojo really, but Pucci and the ending are so worth it.

I don't hate Stone Ocean, but I think many people do because Jolyne, Ermes, F.F. and Anasui are all fucking boring. A lot of the fights are also very average. Credit where credit is due Pucci, Weather Report, Emporio and DIO's sons are all based and the ending is utter kino

stone ocean is fine and jolyne is best jojo.

she wouldnt exist in the ireneverse. ireneverse is just the normal one without pucci existing

It's not the worst part, that honor would go to part 1.
However it is the most inconsistent part.
Also the musical references were pure garbo.

Jolyne loses and the the franchise is rebooted.
Jolyne a shit.

Jolyne was one of the more developed and realistic protagonists within the series. Pucci was an excellent villain. Weather Report was one of the best side characters in the series. And finally, the last six arcs (Bohemian Rhapsody to Made in Heaven) were utter bliss. But it has more problems than parts 4-7. The minor antagonists were far better than Part 3, but a huge step back from Part 5. A third of the way into the part it became extremely inconsistent as it pertains to the quality of fights, with conflicts like Guard Westwood and Foo Fighters vs Pucci being 10/10, and others like Yo-Yo Ma and Green Baby that were among the worst in the entire series. In addition, it probably has the weakest setting out of all the JoJo parts, and the weakest Jobro since William Zeppeli. Stone Ocean is a really great manga. But it suffers astronomically due to being sandwiched between the four best parts of the series.

How can you find Jolyne, Ermes, FF and Anasui boring but not Weather Report, Emporio, or Ungalo?

>7 complete parts
>"four best parts"
isn't the concept of "best" getting a bit lost here...?

i'd take 6 over 3, 4 and 5 any day. sure maybe if you squint really hard you can count the fights and find that the other parts have "more good fights" but honestly they all have trash fights interspersed throughout so it doesn't really matter. Part 6 is the one that lives up to the "bizarre" moniker the most, along with 2, and it does so WHILE having a more cohesive plotline than 3-5.

>jolyne is boring
>foo fighters is boring
???

Enter the Dragon

yea that was stupid

Every arc is just Araki turning whatever cheap pulp science bullshit he read about that month into a Stand
The prison setting gets old fast and the pacing feels absolutely glacial partly because of it
Foo Fighters is one of the most interesting concepts the series has produced but she gets killed off halfway through and Hermes likewise had a really creative Stand and pretty solid characterization going but lost way too much screentime to the autists living in the walls. Again the prison setting limited the freedom of the cast to interact.

I didn't like how Pucci just completely hijacked Dio's character and didn't really see why it was necessary when he gets a perfectly workable backstory of his own later that's not really at all dependent on Dio's direct involvement.

Middle before jaibreak

I wouldn't say it's bad, but it's definitely one of the more shaky parts. Some of the fights sucked ass like that old guy with the dragon stand. And things got really weird even for Jojo standards, it got baffling. Also the art got really messy until early-mid part 7. But it still had plenty of good shit. It's not like other parts didn't have problems too.

Stone Ocean feels too lackluster sometimes (despite a few gems that stand out I'll admit) for me to enjoy and reading through it is a chore. It has the worst minor antagonists in all parts, so a lot of the fights get tiresome and aggravating very fast, and there's bullshit pseudo-science for some Stands.

I kept reading because I wanted to see Jolyne kick Pucci's heretic ass.

Best characters:
- Jolyne
- Pucci
- FF

Worst Characters:
- Everyone else

Sorta Okay:
- Emporio, I don't like kid characters a lot

I'll also say that the coolest part of the finale by far was the Mobius Strip

Am I the only one mad that despite the huge range Bohemian Rhapsody has, we never see Jolyne, Ermes, and Emporio interact with the living fictional characters? HUGE WASTED MOMENT THERE

Suppose that you were sitting down at this table. The napkins are in front of you, which napkin would you take? The one on your ‘left’? Or the one on your ‘right’? The one on your left side? Or the one on your right side? Usually you would take the one on your left side. That is ‘correct’ too. But in a larger sense on society, that is wrong. Perhaps I could even substitute ‘society’ with the ‘Universe’. The correct answer is that ‘It is determined by the one who takes his or her own napkin first.’ …Yes? If the first one takes the napkin to their right, then there’s no choice but for others to also take the ‘right’ napkin. The same goes for the left. Everyone else will take the napkin to their left, because they have no other option. This is ‘society’… Who are the ones that determine the price of land first? There must have been someone who determined the value of money, first. The size of the rails on a train track? The magnitude of electricity? Laws and Regulations? Who was the first to determine these things? Did we all do it, because this is a Republic? Or was it Arbitrary? NO! The one who took the napkin first determined all of these things! The rules of this world are determined by that same principle of ‘right or left?’! In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers’. In the case of this table, the ‘eldest’ or the ‘Master of the party’ will take the napkin first… Because everyone ‘respects’ those individuals.

My favorite part is the end where Pucci embraces his pedo-priest vibes and chases a small bow with his big horse out

> Worst Character
> Everyone Else
I raise pic related as an objection to this.

Attached: DonatelloVersace.png (358x552, 440K)

The stand which controls flying dildos that suck heat out of your body and thus causing disease and the one where flashing lights turn people into snails were some of the dumbest shit I have ever seen and I've seen a lot of dumb shit. Just skip straight to a stand causing disease and turning people to snails. The pseudoscience was unnecessary garbage that adds nothing.