One Piece

Just how hard are the Strawhats and their alliance going to get their cocky asses kicked in Act III?

Attached: B5001208-6EC1-46E0-9841-7398D9FD3D86.jpg (1513x1125, 1.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dgFTDv0pBX8
youtu.be/AxzD1TQjcLQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxqIITtTtU
youtu.be/Ag-RvTUfcdU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What moments in One Piece unironically made you cry?

Attached: crying merry.gif (498x372, 645K)

Why the FUCK did Pell refuse froyo from the Princess? Wouldn't anyone eat Vivi's froyo?

Attached: vivi-pell-froyo.jpg (736x699, 113K)

Notice Robin doesn't know about Big Mom including Law.

Robin only investigated Kaido's forces when she was spying as a geisha but after being caught by Wano Ninjas, she couldn't spy anymore and she failed to spend time looking around in the rooms of Orochi's hangout spot since the ninjas caught her.

Big Mom and her family allying with Kaido is an unexpected event for Robin and Law.

I've never cried reading One Piece but the funeral for the Merry was probably the closest I've been.

Cuties

Attached: LuKa Chains.jpg (2048x1520, 501K)

where does this come from ?

Attached: EEYpqqfXUAILvN6.jpg (1199x841, 338K)

The scene when Luffy tells Book about how they met Laboon and the piano slows down.
Also when I listen to the first ending long enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=dgFTDv0pBX8

the rumbar pirates final performance and everyone past and present singing binks brew

Based Brookchads

Is it still year of the pig?

Attached: 890 (1).jpg (1790x1300, 1.24M)

@ARIMORIA

Attached: Throne War.jpg (2048x1536, 589K)

I agree with all my heart!!!!

Attached: cuties.jpg (1200x1800, 311K)

Bad writing...

The pirates who killed Brooke's crew were the only pirates smart enough in One Piece to use poisoned arrows than bullets.

You think buying arrows would be cheaper than buying bullets.

Pre timeskip
>Luffy getting the dogfood back for ShuShu
>OF COURSE I WILL! after the Bellemere flashback
>Hiruluk and Chopper (best flashback in the series IMO)
>Usopp getting back up in his Alabasta fight
>Cricket seeing Luffy's shadow and then crying
>Usopp vs Luffy
>Saul dereshishishi'ing as he dies
>I WANNA LIVE
>Luffy losing the crew to Kuma
>Ace's death

Post timeskip
>I'm gonna be the pirate king/set sail men!
>luffy and jinbe sharing blood
>seeing Koala join the revolutionarires
>Corazon's silent death
>Rebecca hugging Kyros
>Raizou-dono is safe
>Sanji vs Luffy
>sunachi grave scene

Oh how I could forget Brook's happiness of knowing Laboon is still waiting for him

Arrows are less accurate you simpleton.

Based Batman

Post a character who'll die next chapter

Attached: crying-perona.gif (500x300, 704K)

>Wano arc has a new director!
>The anime will finally be good!

Attached: toei batman.webm (854x480, 2.26M)

Attached: crying vivi.jpg (1200x675, 480K)

Good riddance.

King Cobra

Luffy will need at least 10 Katakuris to take down Kaido.

Attached: image.png (1322x1137, 1.59M)

Based retard

Attached: 710-1.jpg (1568x1145, 761K)

The only plausible choice

That's not a way to treat the future Pirate Queen.

Attached: original.gif (500x357, 2.56M)

>Zoro using no swords
>Sanji using nunchucks
>Harry Potter
What is Oda foreshadowing here?

Will this be a sword thing only?

Attached: 955 (6).png (899x1300, 427K)

Chapter 1 Luffy is transported to current Wano. How long does he last?

Swords and haki seem to be the only supernatural things. Everything else can be explained away through science. I think even DFs.

Thank you very much

I love them with all my heart

Attached: The Cutest Crew.jpg (1029x788, 398K)

I'm always here to help

Attached: The Perfect Man.jpg (750x450, 43K)

I'm usually meh to Katakuri appearnace wise, but I'd take all 6 feet of Katakuri's cock if he looked like this normally.

What? Haki drain? I think each graded blade is unique so its probably restricted to Enma itself rather than blades in general

What does this all mean...

>all 6 feet
You're cute

the parting words of kalgara and norland were genuinely touching, even without the context it added to the rest of skypeia

the defeat of crocodile was amazing too with new world symphony playing in the background

Hmmm...

Attached: 54100C06-5BC7-4367-B130-62457E47C071.jpg (2580x415, 372K)

When the FUCK will Smoothie do something?

Attached: charlotteSmoothieLewd.png (1487x1925, 1.8M)

Go easy on me, that's all I've got room for...

ODAAAAAAA!!!! WHERE IS MY BOY EUSTASS CAPTAIN KID? HE GOT SIDELINED FOR THAT EDGY SWORD GUY AND FOR WHAT?! BRING HIM BACK AAAAGHHHHH!!!!

She is causing me a boner, does it count?

What a big fuck up, all that time spent in Udon would have been enjoyable if Kid was an active character

The Shimotsukis were a clan. Kouzaburo is definitely Koushiro's dad and Kuina's grandfather. I think they all come from Hakumai while Zoro's Shimotsuki branch comes from Ringo.

So it looks something like this.

Ringo

Ryuma - Ushimaru - Zoro

Hakumai

Yasuie - Toko
Kouzaburo - Koushiro - Kuina (Tashigi?)

When she sees Zoro.

Attached: One_Piece-v40-179[Null].png (759x1200, 227K)

Stampede is basically Captain Eustass Kidd: The Movie.

How would explain the Rorona then?

His father's name?

Ship spirits you speed reader. Animism in general, really.
Also, good luck scientifically explaining a DF like Brook's.

Well, the name could have just changed over the years. If Zoro's family fled wano and wanted to remain hidden, they could have ditched it and picked up something else.

Zoro is a fox that got stuck in human form.

This. Oda is a hack.

But why use the Rorona instead of the grand Shimotsuki surname?
The name of his village is Shimotsuki so i doubt that the name you cause any problems

The only other major weapon used is guns. Cursed guns are interesting to think about but they have no basis in mythology.
You also need a true gunner in the crew like Lucky Roo or Beckmann, Usopp is a sniper who slings bullshit but he doesn't wield pistols.

Why do people do this?

Attached: youtubewasamistake.png (403x102, 58K)

Is luffy better at CoA than Zoro now?

Oda originally only have plans for him and he got eclipsed by other supernovas after SA. Wonder if it would've been different if he's more popular

Cursed guns or black guns wouldnt make sense since you are not attacking with the gun itself, but with the bullets

Today is Laboon’s birthday! Say something nice to this brain damaged whale!

Attached: 30A9D4F0-FC38-4C9F-A73D-630AEDDEB348.png (407x407, 227K)

Attached: Swept Luffy off his feet.jpg (393x494, 152K)

They're taking different approaches to it, like CoO can read the future or emotions or strength. But Luffy is always stronger.

If the Kuja can coat arrows in haki, why not bullets?

You totally can, but not make them black or cursed

Beckmann has some magical bullshit haki that can make a bullet travel faster than a regular bullet to the point that even a light speed man like Kizaru feels threatened. Haki or curses don't make Zoro swing his swords faster. There is something we are missing about guns/bullets.

Attached: intermission.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

I gotta wonder if any of the Dragons proper have any power. I can buy most of them are squishy cocks but I wouldn’t be surprised if some movie or spin off material went into the strongest Celestial

>Beckmann has some magical bullshit haki that can make a bullet travel faster
Or maybe he simply uses special gunpowder

Doffy?

Holy shit we still have three acts to go!? Wano will make Namek and Dressrosa look like a 4koma

Imagine if Vegapunk knew about Benny's special powder. Luffy wouldn't be saying Pacifista lasers are too slow.

He doesn't use gunpowder at all, just haki

It's kinda funny that the original wano story that pirate warriors 4 is telling (they even stated oda had nothing to do with the game story) is just the fan theories version of wano.

Pirate warriors 4 wano is just, kuzan is here and sabo is here and the vinsmokes are here. Everybody's coming to wano.

How would you shoot a bullet with haki?!
To be fair im pretty sure that Luffy was talking about the speed the pacifistas shot those lasers, not the lasers themselves

Cute but please no, he has enough autistic fans already. Just imagine.

oops, posted the wrong picture.

Attached: 1554521114042.jpg (593x390, 92K)

like all the goddamn time, i think i have an emotional problem.

also domino is best girl

Attached: dominOh.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

I'm incredibly hyped for this and it pumps me up to know that the rest of Yea Forums and the OPG is too.

Attached: 1568644493293.png (588x743, 318K)

plus, it would be really weird that zoro winds up in east blue from well and truly as physically far as possible from the east blue in wano of the new world. not to mention how it would make early chapter rereads feel so fucking weird to think zoro is some mystical creature when he couldnt be more of a normal (personality wise) hot headed teenager if he tried

Quit projecting..

>pirate queen
>jobs to fodder

Next chapter is shaping up to be one of the greatest in the series and I can't wait! I'm contemplating avoiding spoilers, but it's difficult

Attached: Loofay.jpg (1080x741, 283K)

You have the wrong character in mind.

Attached: Vinsmoke Sanji.jpg (762x371, 140K)

Baby 5 willing to commit suicide for the sake of pleasing someone else. Her backstory coupled with that was fucked.

Attached: 1555152226704.png (850x1230, 229K)

Thats one of the reasons why she'll get the Nikyu fruit

Attached: vivinekoprincess.png (2066x2520, 879K)

>more furry ammunition
No thanks.

Attached: moon.gif (540x258, 1.25M)

It's happening. It would also neatly explain the Asura illusion shit.

Is Nami jewish?

What did Kanjuro mean by this?

Attached: Kin's reaction to Ryunosuke the dragon.jpg (526x469, 122K)

We all agree Kuzan is the tenth captain right?

If it's not Kuzan or Moria, one more Strawhat is joining after Jinbe.

I actually watched that video, he has a very positive reaction to the openings which was nice.

I like watching blind reacts to anime openings.

everytime

Attached: kekz.gif (320x200, 1.9M)

Attached: 1555807458821.jpg (925x719, 99K)

It's a nearly a decade of buildup with everything literally culminating right now.

I agree I don't want to be spoiled as well but at the same time I love reading spoilers together with Yea Forums and theorizing about it.

I think we're most definitely going to see Vegapunks official debut.

Attached: T9Gdt.jpg (728x1190, 212K)

>or Moria
Impossible. #10 was recruited before Moria stormed Pirate Island. If Moria gets recruited, he's #11.

I can’t fucking stand how cluttered every page is nowadays. It reads like shit

It could be empty position like Whitebeard's #2 before Ace joined, previous filled by some currently dead jobber.

Attached: 1521353371556.jpg (326x399, 60K)

This is how I'm guessing the alliance will fail.

>Luffy- oneshot once again
>Zoro- has Enma shattered

Oda is a huge dragonball fan. Kaido will destroy the moon and cancel the mass Sulong transformation that’s planned as the alliance’s trump card in the climax of the Onigashima invasion.

Attached: 1567220409840.png (525x445, 226K)

Smoothie, get out the way!

>destroy the moon
Enel return, boys?

Attached: 1521353251898.jpg (683x546, 168K)

Why would Oda put character on a Yonko crew who's as strong as that Yonko

They're specifically called the 10 Titanic Captains you dimwit. Oda wouldn't establish them as such if #10 is some nameless jobber who died before being introduced.

It's going to take me a while to forgive them for this. I have a lot of tolerance for Toei but this was over the line.

Because Blackbeard will reach Raftel and be declared Pirate King before Luffy does.

How suave

Attached: Katakuri t-that's huge.jpg (1200x1200, 147K)

>DFs can be explained through science

Attached: 1566865756768.png (1213x716, 911K)

Cursed gun could work. Black gun wouldn't.

While I doubt Kaidou would oneshot Luffy again (it'd be more like Luffy's rematch against Crocodile where he does better but still loses), I think the biggest question is if Luffy will even get a fair 1v1 against Kaidou again since Big Mom is in the picture. I'm guessing either Big Mom will bow out honorably (like how Kaidou removed her seastone cuff so she could 1v1 him), a huge amount of the alliance will have to distract her, or a yonko-tier threat like Blackbeard arrives.

Remember this was a nerfed and heavily injured Whitebeard

@193276857
kys

it's fun to see people react to things for the first time, same reason it's satisfying to be a parent

they might be able to, theres a good enough worldly understanding of them that they can be fused with guns or artificially created

More like tumblr fruit.

ZEHAHAHAHA, KATAKURI!

Attached: ZEHAHAHAHA.gif (500x288, 392K)

brooke/laboon

based

Luffy is not asexual

Attached: luffy eyes nami.jpg (848x480, 54K)

told you to stfu captain

Attached: F5DA5DF4-C2D7-40DE-AF73-2390BE0F26A4.jpg (999x1024, 81K)

Yonkous are clearly fucking monsters but also keep in mind so far in the series the only pirates shown capable of hurting Yonko are other Yonko, and Blackbeard wasn't on that level yet

Only when Ussop is around

It's ADMIRAL Teach.

when did Oda start caring about popularity so much?

When the 2nd Oda died and was replaced with the 3rd Oda.

!

Attached: tfw you're caught masturbating.jpg (506x499, 150K)

ZEHAHAHAHA, don't be so serious Shiryu

Attached: DTeach.png (1280x720, 835K)

Usopp will ensure Luffy has a child so we can have a followup series called Bone Piece

redpill me on the multiple Odas theory

Oda is the shonen mangaka who cares about popularity the least, hence why so many of his character designs are butt ugly instead of being bishonen edgelords. Kidd wasn't ditched this arc, he'll have an important role to play, plus a backstory

poor guy enjoying himself then gets humiliated by luffy breaking into his shrine of solitude

fair enough, i guess they all care about popularity to an extent but Oda is pretty good about not letting fans dictate where One Piece goes for the most part

Back when OP was good we had Oda 1
He died
Oda 2 was like his top assistant or something and kept working based off of his notes so people didn't notice a dip in quality for a long time
Oda 2 died too
I think we're up to Oda 4 now?

>bishonen edgelord
what is this?

the most dangerous job in the world

do you really think the timeskip was a coincidence?
oda 1 died during sabaody, thats how marineford happened, oda 2 was assinasted by kubo's hitmen, leaving oda 3 in the lurch until he came up with the idea to to a timeskip so no one would question his different artsyle

Attractive people who angst about the suffering that is their life, like Sasuke.

The Crew throwing up the X to Vivi and She/Karoo did the same at the end of Alabasta

The original oda died sometime after water 7/enies lobby, you can tell by the change in paneling and art style. The second oda died sometime after marineford (post war). The third oda was killed after fishman island (yes, killed). Jump realized it may have been too hasty, the fourth Oda was given multiple chances but was ultimately also killed after dressrosa. We're on Oda #5 right now.

Attached: dude trust me.png (500x300, 42K)

>Narration implicitly refers to the 20 kings as the world's creators
Should we be concerned about this?
There's also the way the Five Elders refer to those founding royal families. "The first 20"

Attached: 0906-002.jpg (1067x1600, 429K)

Attached: 5ca.jpg (570x558, 260K)

You will never get drop kicked by a Tomboy

Attached: 1568301303566.jpg (292x282, 33K)

youtu.be/AxzD1TQjcLQ

Imagine being sexually assaulted by Smoothie

Senor Pink backstory
That day, manly tear was shed

>the fourth Oda was given multiple chances but was ultimately also killed after dressrosa

Attached: fuji laughing.jpg (1200x675, 183K)

>Of course he's going to be okay! Look! The mushroom is clearly marked with a skull and crossbones!

Everything post-timeskip is so terrible, I can't stop crying.

i kind of agree with you, a lot of characters need to be killed off/sidelined.

oda #5 putting in work now, he doing great so far. i heard they already cut off his pinky when people thought WCI was dragging but ever since then hes been consistently good

when you say science i assume you mean testable/reproducible/technological using One Piece logic? ok

i mean weve seen multiple instances of weapons with a devil fruit and all the stuff with smile was testable and reproducible and technological with the factories, so yeah, kinda

and androgynous?

Attached: 7ohP4GDMGPrTv9DFQxxrwmQjGsUHw55AHUhEV5mm6gu1t7ajCPSWRznvuVeBoE4meXS9ezhudNAtoWB6sbJwC9AhL9XqkX6cdkQv (350x182, 25K)

Yeah sure whatever gets you off mate

He doesn't want to end up like Oda's 3 and 4.

Fights the Baboon but is severely damaged. Gets stomped by Hawkins.

I get that this is a joke, but
there isn't a drop in quality post-TS
art's better, stakes are higher than ever
the people who complain Fishman Island and Punk Hazard didn't challenge the straw hats enough forget that the Straw Hats steamrolled the Grand Line after it was hyped as the pirate's graveyard up until they fought crocodile
yeah Dressrossa had a few plot contrivances but it has the objectively best-written villain in the series plus incredibly creative fights with interesting abilities
Whole Cake was both one of the most intensive character arcs in how it tested Sanji and an amazing battle arc, raising the stakes higher than we've ever seen them and featuring the best-drawn fight in the series in Luffy vs Kata
Wano has more buildup than any arc ever in one piece

Toko trying to wake up Yasuie and heal him with the toad oil is the most recent instance of me breaking into tears. It didn't happen the first time but upon rereading it I broke down. Yasuie was only around for a little over 10 chapters and managed to leave an amazing impression.

Attached: 1558716388429s.jpg (125x93, 4K)

Blackbeard with no fruit (can leave lasting damage on yonko) > G4 Luffy (can't leave lasting damage on yonko)

well no, oden slashed kaido and teach scarred shanks, i think that was even before he had the darkness fruit (maybe), blackbeard was hurt by ace, magellan, and sengoku even with his powers

Same here but this clip leaves out the part that actually ended up breaking me. All of Brook's crewmates dropping one by one until Brook is the only one left sobbing as he's playing the piano turned me into a complete pile of spaghetti.

>being an absolute shiteating Odadrone who can't see the difference between the different Odae
I feel bad for you.

>i think that was even before he had the darkness fruit (maybe)
What "maybe" is there? Surely you don't read THAT fast.

well i dont remember if he killed that guy to get the fruit, then attacked shanks, then fled or if he attacked shanks in the past (cause he was using those claws until he got the fruit) then killed that guy and got the fruit

That's a given imo. I'm also hoping he'll have as much screen time and prominence as Law...or is this too much to ask.

Original Oda, or Shodai Oda, died around the end of Enies Lobby due to unclear reasons.
Shueisha refused to jeopardize the growing One Piece cash cow and covered up his death, bringing in a new mangaka to replicate his work and carry on the identity of Eiichiro Oda.
But the replacement, Nidai Oda, perished in the 2011 tsunami. So they brought in another replacement, Sandai Oda.
Much like the Kitetsu swords, quality has decreased with each successive Oda. Shodai Oda was a Supreme Grade Mangaka, while Nidai Oda was a Great Grade Mangaka, but Sandai Oda is a mere Grade Mangaka. The decline in quality during Fishman Island just after the tsunami is quite noticeable. Also like the Kitetsu, the more superstitious employees in the know at Shueisha believe the title "Oda" is cursed and will bring tragic death to whoever bears it.
It could also be compared to the D. An Oda may perish, but the series is inherited and lives on.

By the way, Oda's wife doesn't really care. There's more than one reason she cosplayed as Nami.

Jesus Christ you've got literal decades worth history all jumbled up together into one event
How is this even possible?

I feel bad that you
have the most consistently written shonen of all time and cannot appreciate it
if this doesn't please you nothing will and you will never feel happiness
but maybe you have a girlfriend or something that gives you other pleasure in life so that you don't need a japanese children's comic to supply happiness

Why are
you typing like
this?

Sai is a good man for wedding best girl

Attached: baby_5_x_sai_by_opirou_d8d8kee-fullview.jpg (900x1170, 204K)

ah geez, its been a while since the last time i reread marineford or most of one piece, been sort of going update to update for a year or two

so thats why you don't see photos of oda any more

or cause hes a fat ass now. either seems plausible

Good chart? Should I change something?

Attached: 1568686917812.jpg (764x917, 165K)

Luffy's rubber body is the only thing that can survive and satisfy Katakuri's massive mochi dong.

Attached: moment of insertion.jpg (700x467, 39K)

Marineford has nothing to do with it. None of this was explained during Marineford.
Look. Look at Shanks' fucking flag. It has three scars on it. He had those scars back when Luffy was a kid. Are you saying Teach killed Thatch, injured Shanks (for some unfathomable reason) and ran away from Whitebeard back when Luffy and Ace were kids, then somehow Ace joined the Whitebeard pirates and became Teach's commander even though he had already killed Thatch?
Fuck you Borsalino my day is fucking ruined because of your bullshit you absolute lummox

the only obstacle to this I think is 1.) Oda is trying his best to wrap the series up. And sure he's been saying this for years and even seemingly minor Wano natives are getting whole chapters dedicated to their backstory, but that still means he's not going to have the flexibility that he did with Law where he had two whole arcs to give the man multiple fights, direct interactions with the entire Straw Hat crew, moments of downtime in said interactions, and a backstory that crowned the entire Dressrossa arc; and 2.) there are simply so many story threads and characters in Wano it's hard to hyperfocus on any individual, that sort of applied to Dressrossa because of the whole alliance thing but you can really see it at play here with the character focus changing nearly every page

We just saw footage of him the other day, he just doesn't like showing his face. All you have to do is compare old footage with new footage and match the voices.

>Look at Shanks' fucking flag. It has three scars on it. He had those scars back when Luffy was a kid
oh my fucking god you're right, how did i forget that?

Attached: 1450230727428.jpg (260x195, 13K)

Why is Oda such a fucked up person?

Attached: fuck you oda.jpg (549x409, 53K)

>Admiral shows up
>Marine intervention
Redundant, these shouldn't be separate.

dereshishishi

and I hate myself for crying when Zunisha wrecked Jack's fleet. Momo does not deserve any tears

why in the fuck do you care so much...

How is he fucked up? He just makes entertainment for children.

Ah sorry I was kinda buzzed making this should I replace marine intervention with something related to oden?

i miss the days when they were on the boat more... wano just feels so overstuffed right now and no pirate vibe... i wish they were fighting kaido on the sea

Attached: 20ab167aa4ca6f57baa241fb06e08a1e.jpg (500x490, 39K)

Oda said that he had the most story ideas from Kid of all the Supernovas. Obviously things end up developing over time and Law ended up playing a much bigger role than he had initially anticipated, but Kid is still going to be important. There's a reason why Oda gave him Conqueror's Haki and also had him be the only one to stand up to Kaido, whereas Hawkins and Apoo have basically resigned to their fate of not being able to compete for the One Piece anymore.

Zorojuro

Attached: 1562090050924.jpg (457x365, 147K)

Post TS pacing is absoutely fucked. In 350 chapters, we have had 5 arcs.
At that point before the timeskip, we had done all of East Blue, the entire Alabasta saga, all of Jaya/Skypeia, and at the end of W7.

I feel like because I am not gay I'm missing out on the entire universe of pleasure and stimulus that exists in KataxLuffy....it hurts bros...

This

Attached: Burst.jpg (928x602, 289K)

Truth is important.

>when you want to protect her smile but then you realize that her smile is part of her suffering
Why does Oda have to punch me in the gut like that

Attached: EA8kYfyW4AAyCEa.jpg (221x236, 24K)

i bet a million dollars the one piece has already been revealed in the anime/manga, right in front of our faces... and no it's not something vague like "friendship"

Put in something like "Rurouni Kenshin reference".

It's Nami's virginity

Attached: otama.png (1280x720, 952K)

I'm still convinced Shanks is the weakest Yonko and only has the position because of his connection to WG.

Attached: jfc oda.jpg (449x246, 44K)

It's the straw hat.

My daughter is so cute!

I'll take a crack... it's something connected to the "treasure of Marie Jois" (the giant straw hat)... Shanks visited Laugh Tale and gave Luffy the hat because Luffy wanted to be the pirate king... the one piece and the straw hat are connected

Relevant?

Attached: one piece pangaea.jpg (733x201, 87K)

It's just a gag, bro

Nami's virginity has not been revealed dumbass

My wife is so cute!

So you define 'good pacing' purely by how many arcs Oda writes in the span of a set amount of chapters? Seems a little arbitrary. I won't argue that the length of an arc inherently makes it superior or inferior to another arc, but post-TS longer arcs allow for more worldbuilding and character development than pre, sometimes this works out sometimes not but it's not inherently bad

Is it really?

the giant one? or luffy's?

The truth has been spoken

Attached: Smirkinkuri.jpg (1768x1079, 115K)

Arcs are more jam-packed than ever with information and characters though. The overall scale of the encounters that are now occuring in the story warrants more overarching narratives that occur throughout multiple stages, which isn't that different from random islands that end up culminating into a final location anyway.

I also hate the idea that Water 7 and Enies Lobby are treated like separate arcs because they take place in different locations. None of the conflict started in Water 7 is resolved before they leave, and they even return to Water 7 after the situation in Enies Lobby is dealt with. When you look at that whole sequence of events it surpasses the length of any other arc or saga in the story.

OUT pedo!

Attached: C U M M I E S.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

No, good pacing means not making arcs longer or shorter than they need to be. Pre TS did that pretty well. The only arc that hasn't been needlessly dragged out post TS are Zou and the Reverie.
We did NOT need to spend 50 chapters on Punk Hazard or over 100 on Dressrosa.

this, water 7 + enie's lobby are the same arc

It's that or every arc last 3 times more than what they already do.

Attached: He got a gun.jpg (932x595, 280K)

This. Why can't Luffy just beat everyone up already and be Pirate King? I don't give a fuck about what happens in this series, I jsut want it to be over.

dressrosa was two arcs in one, maybe three... the tournament definitely felt like its own arc at least...

I hate Kyoshiro!

Hmmm... he ignored one of the questions... very suspicious. It does tend to lend to the theory that the One Piece is actually the straw hat (and of course because it was just a straw hat nobody thought it was the one piece).

Stick 'em up, Strawhat!

Attached: Bear King.png (1024x565, 1.17M)

Same bro, I want 20 volums of seeing Luffy shouting he wants to be Pirate King while doing absolutely nothing else to move the plot forward

this, i'm so sick of One Piece evolving to fit the needs of the larger narrative, can't it just be an island of the week series again?

How did it feel like its own arc when everything in it was related to the events to Dressrosa?

>We did NOT need to spend 50 chapters on Punk Hazard or over 100 on Dressrosa.
Reminder that either Dressroba alone or Dressroba and Pace Hazard combined accounted for only 5% story progression according to Oda's interviews during Pace Hazard and around the end of Zou.

What the fuck?!

Attached: why.jpg (1066x589, 147K)

The reason why we only spent a bit over 20 in Zou was because it was an infodump arc with no conflict in it whatsoever other than Jack getting his ass handed to him by an elephant in a single page. Comparing that to bigger sagas that involve taking down key figures in the world is such a false equivalency.

And all things considered that's pretty long for an infodump arc honestly. It's not like we needed to see all those scenes of Jack fighting the minks or everyone recapping about their mentors but Oda decided to do it anyway.

>No, good pacing means not making arcs longer or shorter than they need to be.
Based user I fully agree, I'm glad you understand. And yeah I see this in arcs like Fishman Island vs Arlong Park: both thematically about the same thing, post-TS pacing allowed for much more character development and worldbuilding, yet that arc simply does not compete with the catharsis that is seeing Arlong get his ass handed to him even though the plot is far more simplistic and resolved faster. That being said, the only thing that feels drawn out otherwise in post-TS is the introduction of the Yeti Bros, they felt like a plot contrivance Oda wrote solely to create fake tension when he'd already accomplished making the arc interesting with the body swap and introduction of Law. I know we have the Dressrossa is long meme but I would argue every aspect of it was necessary (although admittedly the 'timer' aspect of the arc i.e. Birdcage was a contrivance as was Sugar's ability) to create the kind of perfectionist story Oda is known for.

Unique set/setting/flavor/goal. You could say it was an arc within an arc.

>being a plotfag

Attached: 1384969548739.png (1280x720, 1.38M)

>Pace Hazard

Attached: laughing.png (268x247, 175K)

>taking Oda's time estimates seriously

Attached: 1549533278706.png (417x501, 335K)

Have you thanked Sanji today?

Attached: 02.png (502x227, 88K)

No you couldn't. There was nothing about it that could be separated from the events of Dressrosa.
Do you also think Enel's survival game was a separate arc from Skypiea?

>On Punk hazard
I agree
>Dressrosa
While there was a lot of boring shit, most of the chaptesr there were needed. You could probably remove some of the NIGEROOO ones though. Actually just remove Bird cage and the arc ends 20 chapters before with the same result.

>Yeti Bros
I completely forgot about them, they were purged from my memory, so forgettable.

Yes. Just like you could say Wano is an arc within the "Luffy becomes pirate king" arc.

It depends on how you define arc, it's a slippery term.

i hate people who hate davyback
afro luffy is unironically as kino as lucci vs luffy to me

Foxy was kino

Attached: foxy.png (1658x1054, 2.65M)

okay seriously I'm always baffled when people say Zou or Reverie were their favorite arcs. Not saying they're by any means bad or uninteresting but they're the post TS-equivalent of the three chapters where Blackbeard and Ace fought and left us with a cliffhanger that lasted years, or Oda introducing us to more Shichibukai at the end of Jaya. Intriguing as they are, they're basically infodumps that leave us asking more questions instead of functioning as satisfying character arcs in and of themselves

And if the term "arc" bothers you, how about story within a story? One Piece has many layers of stories. The larger post-TS arcs often layer inside of them more stories than pre-timeskip arcs.

>furfags exist
>user is confused why Zou is some people's favorite arc

Dressrosa ultimately does have three main stages that you can segregate it into though:

>Part 1: Colosseum + Operation S.O.P
>Part 2: Star Bounties vs Doflamingo
>Part 3: Epilogue

Pretty cut and dry honestly. I think it plays out similarly to the whole CP9 saga, where Water 7 is about setting up the characters and dilemmas, while Enies Lobby is about upping the stakes further and concluding all the major action. Then everyone rests and parties at the end.

Yeah, because we really needed the "Kyuin shoving Tontattas up her vagina" arc

Hate davyback? Maybe you should head to redditback.

Luffy is truely dumb as shit if he thinks he can tickle Jobdo after less than 100 years of training.

Do you think Skypiea is a separate arc from Jaya? Or Alabasta functions independently from Little Garden?

But how is ope df going to be used on a strawhat? Or did Doffy mean he'll just teleport away with it?

what does that have to do with the length of post-TS arcs? Sounds like you just didn't like an aspect of the story... which is fine.

Yeah but like every arc Dressrossa needed the entire island uniting realizing they'd been duped by a false king and uniting around Luffy, and that climax is only achievable with bird cage as a plot device. Not saying bird cage is a good plot device...just that it had a role and it accomplished it

I really don't get it either. I think people just jerk off to Zou because of how lengthy Dressrosa was but there were really only 3 chapters in Zou that genuinely got me excited and the rest was just fluff and set-up that will only end up being paid off now in Wano.

Wano in all honesty is bearing the weight of a good chunk of plot threads that Zou and Whole Cake Island at the end of the day. Without Wano existing, Zou means almost nothing. I'd say things are somewhat the same for Whole Cake, but you could make somewhat of an argument that there were some self-contained story arcs within that arc that aren't really going to be relevant in Wano or in the future, like Sanji and Pudding's little romance, or the stuff with Pound, or Luffy and Katakuri's fight.

He managed to knock Kaido out of dragon form without training. He also learned two major new techniques in the prison (future sight and advanced CoA). He's still gonna get his ass beat but I think he'll manage to tickle Kaido or Big Mom this time.

Agreed.
FI should have been 40 chapters max.
PH 40 chapters max.
Dressrosa 80-90 chapters max.

so when he is going to apologize

Attached: forceddramamoment.png (766x426, 550K)

Ope grants immortality, the hat is the ancient weapon Uranus and grants the owner the ability to see people who will threaten their supremacy in the future; therefore if you can live forever you can also use the hat to foresee all threts and eliminate them before they gain enough power to beat you

>isn't blood related to his children
>loves them all
>would forgive being attacked by one
>would even attack the Navy HQ en masse to save one
vs.
>gave birth to them all
>gives no shits about them
>would kill one just for disobedience
Why was Whitebeard so good for a pirate?

Attached: Charlotte_Linlin_Anime_Infobox.png (1153x1080, 948K)

Davy Back arc was perfectly paced.
Animeonlys rightfully hate it because they added 2 whole extra full games and also had an entire animeonly filler arc in the middle too.

I don't consider Jaya to be separate from Skypiea. But Alabasta and the little islands preceding it haunt me at night.

Wasn't Sugar fainting enough for that? Bird cage with the people holding off was cringe as fuck.

>would kill one over wedding cake

I think it was also important to establish that Luffy can't just use Gear 4 as an insta-win button whenever he wants. Otherwise he could've just busted it out and steamrolled through Doflamingo right away. Oda had to introduce a downside to Luffy gaining such an immense level of strength.

Reminder that Vegapunk's new invention to replace the Shichibukai is gigantification. That is the end result of the giant kids plotline.
Vegapunk gave up on it after refusing to stoop to using still growing children as test subjects. Caesar's victims being delivered to him by Smoker and Tashigi for treatment gave him the data he needed to make a breakthrough.

Is she a lesbian?

Whitebeard would not go to war over a random "son" in his crew, he only went to war because it was his bull Roger's son.

The "Raizou is alive' thing was profound in and of itself if only because it showed the sheer will and diligence of the furries, but yeah the reward of that was actually setup for Wano. Which honestly is pretty good that Oda can write emotional payoffs for one arc that also serve as building blocks for future arcs.

Not a bad take tbqh. I'm not sure about the hat being the ancient weapon though. I think it's probably more likely to be a key... or have some magic properties that allow control of the ancient weapon.

It looked like it was inside a tomb, a cold tomb where bodies were being preserved.

Never, he was worthless on WCI just like he is in Wano. Still a Yamcha

The Star Bounties ended up swaying a ton of people back into hunting down the protagonist's side for a good portion of the arc and things only changed when they realized how close Luffy's group was to actually taking down the Donquixote Family. Plus it falls in line with the whole theme of manipulation present throughout the entire arc.

I thought he did, no? Really upsets me that Usopp had to apologize but Sanji doesn't.

Whole Cake should've ended after the Tea Party honestly. Either that or cut out all of the shit in the Seducing Woods so that the chase at the end feels less like an insane drag.

to be honest, i don't think shanks is weak... he's just extremely careless

What's that giant "Noah's arc" thing gonna be used for? My guess is it will be used to save civilians when the ancient weapon is unleashed. The sea kings will play a role too.

agreed Bird Cage was nonsensical and insane but the inhabitants didn't recognize Luffy was responsible for freeing them from Sugar's curse (plus that would detract from Usopp's role). Birdcage at least tied together all the loose ends and made Doffy's defeat at least a tad more emotionally satisfying. Kind of like how Fishman Island could've ended with Zoro taking out Hody but of course muh themes and muh narrative take precedence so Jinbei literally had to assault Luffy and hold him down until the fishmen population was fed up enough with Hody to beg for salvation, because if you think the villains of that arc were unsatisfying imagine if they didn't even get the buildup they had

What are the chances of the BM pirates betraying his mom this arc.
>None of them enjoys being ruled by a retard
>The retard goes and allies with your biggest rival of all time
>They have a chane of defeating them using the war
Perorospero is a good guy anyway since Carrot and Pedro were the traitors so they will just join the alliance.

different thematic contexts, Sanji didn't do it because he wanted to but because he was forced, hence the whole emotional moment when he cried in the carriage leaving. Luffy understands this.

My guess is Kaido has the largest bounty. Shanks is somewhere between Big Mom and Blackbeard.

Shanks as an individual isn't innately strong like Kaido/Big Mom, but more like a Garp character with insane haki.

holy shit we still don't know why all those bodies were frozen in Punk Hazard

>Pre TS did that pretty well
Luffy dragging that gold ball around for god know's how long until he could land just one more hit on Enel was pretty bad desu. As poetic as that final hit was it honestly wasn't worth all the darting around that amounted to nothing other than movement for the sake of movement.

>the three chapters where Blackbeard and Ace fought and left us with a cliffhanger that lasted years
One year. The duel was last seen in a January 2007 chapter, and Ace's imprisonment was revealed in a January 2008 chapter.
The cliffhanger was even shorter if you consider Kuma appearing to speak about Blackbeard being appointed to the Shichibukai. (October 2007 chapter)

I can buy the saving people from the weapon, seems appropriate it would be used to deliver fishmen from the bottom of the ocean to place they can live in the sun

Ehhhh... you beat the ass of your captain you don't get to come back without an apology. Especially after everything Luffy went through to rescue Sanji.

Because it was cold

It was fun even if not necessary, but good to point out that pre-TS had its own pacing "issues".

Aokiji froze them because he's a dick

LET ME SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL

The problem of Usopp not apologizing as explained by Zoro was that if he didn't learn from his mistake, it would ruin the captain's credulity, and anyone could up and leave whenever they felt like it/wouldn't respect the captain. Sanji never once betrayed Luffy's respect; nothing he did was out of personal pride in fact his entire leaving was self-sacrifice to appease people he loathed and who went completely against his moral code solely because he was placing his friend's lives and Zeff's life as a higher priority than his honor

Get rid of the Yeti Bros and Pace Hazard isn't that bad

At least Jaya had Bellamy in it as an antagonist who was built up throughout most of the arc and dealt a satisfying end. Zou just had Jack get demolished by Zunesha, which in retrospect feels completely unnecessary when he's alive and well in Wano and is just going to be defeated again anyway. I honestly don't know why Oda threw that in there other than to add a big WOW moment at the end of the arc. And yeah the art was really nice but again, Jack is still a threat in Wano so it didn't amount to anything.

I liked Sanji until WCI
he can fuck right off now
its also annoying how Zoro didn't say a thing about it

ok, i'll buy what you're selling

Everytime i see that Shanks pose it reminds me of Gildarts from Fairy Tail.

Here's a hint: The etymology of Uranus/Ouranos is "rain maker".

Attached: imu throne.jpg (752x440, 84K)

Jack surviving was pretty bad, it would've been the perfect way to take out a $billion bounty character for the first time in the series.

This was necessary though just did tie up the golden bell plotline. Luffy's real 'fight' with Eneru was decided with that Gomu Gomu Bazooka, all he needed to wrap things up was one decisive blow, Oda did the whole gold ball thing to give Sanji something to do in the arc other than get immediately knocked out and miss all the fights, let Wyper acknowledge Luffy's strength and pass the torch to him thus resolving the conflict of his tribe, and wrap up the lying Noland subplot started back in Jaya

Ah, but this user is right, Zoro should've said something. Even if he didn't have to apologize it should've been addressed.

I guess my last point and maybe what I should've started with: should Robin apologize for leaving the crew in Water Seven?

I think it just bugs me that there are certain plot elements that people are a lot faster to call out than others even though I feel like there are plenty that are on the same level that rarely get acknowledged. I think all it comes down to is just whether or not someone is invested enough in the story to care about aspects of the plot put in place in order to tell the story Oda is trying to tell.

>shimotsuki kuina
GODA

I won't backpedal on my argument but yes, Zoro should address this Sanji, I know we have enough going on this arc but Oda leaves this unaddressed then he loses the opportunity to turn the meme hatred between Sanji and Zoro into something with actual substance and emotional nuance

Robin didn't beat Luffy's ass and leave him to die. I get that Sanji had noble reasons but still... ehhh...

Yes. How the hell were they supposed to get out of Water 7 after she framed them for Iceberg?

The point is that we're arguing about things put int the story for plot convenience, and Luffy having a heavy golden ball hanging off of his arm that impairs his movement certainly plays into that. Obviously some stuff happened inbetween then that served to develop some aspects of the arc further, but if we're going to be fair then we have to acknowledge when something in the story is put in place for the sake of Luffy not just decimating Enel way earlier.

thanks? what are you getting at. is it going to flood the sea and make the waters rise, thus necessitating the boat?

your alternative is (and I promise I'm not trying to shit on Togashi here) the HunterxHunter method, where some fights pack incredible emotional punch, but others are clearly throwaway to justify Gon or Killua showing off a new skill, in which the enemy is literal fodder and has no emotional buildup or payoff. Not sure if you get this reference, but to compare to One Piece, remember the beginning of One Piece where Luffy went up against Kaidou's fodder henchman? To Oda's ultimate credit, he didn't stretch a single fight out, Luffy went in and oneshotted minion after minion, which makes perfect sense considering the tone of the narrative at the time

>Leave him to die
He didn't though.

uhhh bro Luffy got stabbed through the heart and left to bleed out in an unknown location while a tsunami approached

I agree. OP has only gotten better over time.

That's the thing with One Piece, while it can be annoying reading on a weekly basis ultimately these plot convenience things differentiate it from other shonen. Zoro's lack of direction, Luffy's inability to manuever with a gold ball attached to him, all this stuff creates interesting and unique plot scenarios, it also gives supporter characters like Usopp vital roles that they wouldn't dream of in other shonen. Imagine if it was Goku on Dressrossa (or Skypeia lol), he'd just fucking fly straight to the main villain and beat him

Bro i agree but Doffy is not that well written. I mean it is except when it comes to his fight.
And Corazon "Muh he was evil from birth" is dumb.

to further explain I guess I should add, Luffy having a plot contrivance to delay his victory over Enel is justified to me in that the emotional payoff is worth it. The Straw Hats getting sleep gassed MULTIPLE times in Punk Hazard is utterly lame and unimaginative and it doesn't even have a sense of reward behind it other than hyping the Yeti Bros up for a chapter or two before ditching them. So yeah, plot contrivances can be used for good or evil and even Oda isn't perfect

I think in many instances people just fail to see the forest for the trees. When it comes to how Oda tells a story, particularly in his fights, it usually has a conclusion that feels poetic beyond the simple act of defeating an opponent. Oda could've just had Luffy beat the shit out of Arlong and call it a day, but instead he has Luffy stomp Arlong through the entire base of Arlong Park and tear the entire building to the ground, thus freeing Nami from the place that tortured her for so long.

Even in that arc I wouldn't be surprised if people nitpicked Luffy's pinwheel move that caused him to be thrown underwater and put out of commission conveniently until only Arlong was left, but that's ultimately kind of the point. If Luffy did all that shit to Arlong while Hachi or Chew were still running around it wouldn't be anywhere near as climactic or satisfying, so he had to be removed for the time being.

Doffy's not exactly Shakespeare level writing but he's the first One Piece villain to have an actual backstory and justification for his actions (Arlong and arguably Crocodile fit this bill too but the exception is their backstories were added in after their arcs were over)

>a plot contrivance Oda wrote solely to create fake tension
Or because he likes Yetis and wanted to add them in the story somehow. Oda is more limited by time and health then ideas.

Law's backstory is the only thing post TS that has made me cry

Best girls don't have to apologize for anything user

Attached: Nico_Robin.png (174x463, 105K)

>have an actual backstory and justification for his actions
No he doesn't because he was evil from birth.
See why this one line is so fucking stupid? it literally fucks the whole flashback.

merry, robin, belle-mere, jinbe donating blood, ace

stop wanking over your superior thousand fold pig iron and give us more info on reverie and the void century you fucking hack, nobody cares about the literally whos at wano

Oda isn't perfect but he's as near perfect you can get in the shounen industry.

I don't know... Zoro losing Shusui is kinda shitty.

Bakkin in a bikini swimming around Wano.

According to Corazon...

agree the line is stupid which is why I'm blatantly ignoring its existence.

I guess you could argue Big Mom's flashback is more nuanced and interesting given the context of the series and her role in the universe but there's something about Doffy's completely fucked sense of justice and joker-esque disregard of everything that's fun

Definitely. Luffy could've beaten Doffy the first time he went G4 but then we would've lost the sense of unity that Dressrossa underwent as every civilian risked their lives to protect him. Of course, this would make power-scaling easier as we don't need to justify why an Admiral combined with Zoro could only stop Bird Cage for a single instant, but if you want to sacrifice narrative then you want to surrender everything that makes One Piece special compared to other shonen.

Oda wouldn't turn Luffy and Law into enemies after Dressroa, right? Right?

Attached: Capture.jpg (310x409, 29K)

I had most of these except for Ace and a lot of the post-TS stuff

Ace's line when hes walking up the stairs, I think it's something like "Luffy, we'll live our lives freer than anyone" got me good but Ace's actual death didn't really do anything for me. It was hard in moment to not be annoyed at him replying to akainu's taunts right after they finally saved him

the post TS stuff didnt really get me but I might just be old and jaded now I dont know

Or Oda is a packrat who's shifted from not letting characters die to not discarding character ideas he comes up with.

what is the point of reacting to openings if you don't follow the series

You're taking Corazon's word as gospel which is your biggest mistake. What drove Doffy to madness was the situation he was thrust into as a child. It essentially turned him into a Celestial Dragon who hates Celestial Dragons and the world they created, aka the world that they would no longer allow him to live in. And living through the nightmare of poverty and abuse at the hands of commoners that he did ended up giving him more perspective in life that led to him recruiting other members of his future family that also grew up in similar rough situations as him. It's the reason why he's so forgiving of them even when they lose or make a mistake. Corazon has a much more justifiably negative opinion of him because of what he did to his father and also the fact that at the end of the day he's still a pirate putting the well being of his new family above others, but saying he's just "pure evil" similar to Hordy Jones or something is a complete lie.

The Chad-making Pops' family vs. the Virgin-killing Mama 'family'.

>Whitebeard would not go to war over a random "son" in his crew, he only went to war because it was his bull Roger's son.

This is what diseased-minded Chartards actually believe.

i mean the entirety of Wano was inspired by a throwaway SBS corner where he mentioned he'd like to make a pirate crew who spoke in outdated Edo-era Japanese

i've come to stop this war and save wano

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Whitebeard avoids paying child support for Weevil, he ain't all that great

This makes me really want to see a Doffy redemption arc a la Crocodile

post the EXACT moment you fell in love with the series

Attached: 8d078b723c4cd8ce4483da0bfded819e.jpg (480x360, 29K)

Luffy puts hat on Nami. Yeah pretty generic.

What I want is for him to break out of prison just in time to see the world plunge into complete chaos and just laugh his ass off over the fact that the Celestial Dragons are in danger of losing their position at the top of the world. At the end of the day that's basically going to be his victory.

Attached: 002___1561761892.jpg (700x1100, 289K)

Attached: 18fac68c01934f50a777f60943e10c72.jpg (959x720, 48K)

Not gonna lie, it was when hearing the 4kids dub OP when One Piece premiered on the US.

Well this is it, I'm finally at fishman island in my re-read. I've been a long time OP fan, but I had never done a true re-read of the entire series. A few arcs here or there I read most of more than once, and I've probably read Marineford over 5 times now, but pretty much the entire first half of the series I only read the once and it's been well over a decade since then. A lot of small details I had completely forgotten and it was almost like a fresh read with how much time had passed

I've been taking notes and will bring up points of discussion later on once I'm totally done with my re-read but I'll just say for now the first part of One Piece was truly magical, I've had an absolute blast reading the early arcs and rediscovering characters which I haven't loved in years. The tone of adventure and comedy are simply unmatched and the world-building was unbelievable

The thing is, reading arcs all at once has always been far, far superior to reading them weekly. The pacing is so much better and it's simply unfair to judge arcs the same when one is read weekly vs one continuous read. That's why I'm very interested in how I'll feel about the post-TS arcs which I've been largely negative towards (outside of Zou which was great breath of fresh air), all of which I've only read weekly. I've had lots of problems with the pacing, the negative characterization of a lot of characters/SHs being flanderized, the formulaic structure of arcs, and Oda overstuffing too many characters into each arc and not being able to give proper development to all...I'm curious how much of that I'll find myself to be wrong about when marathoning. I will say I've noticed recently just how interconnected the NW arcs are, which has made me appreciate what Oda's doing a bit more and might play into my enjoyment now that we can kinda see the big picture whereas weekly it was frustrating

/blog

Attached: [yibis]_One_Piece_601_[720p][8C2A9D98].mkv_snapshot_18.33_[2014.01.21_17.54.09].jpg (1280x720, 155K)

This, along with Usopp actually getting a fight against Chew and winning. In any lesser shonen Usopp would just stay boring comic relief so the fact that he got to have his badass moment and actually win was based as hell.

Yeah, I just caught up from the Reverie all the way to the latest chapter, and One Piece is definitely enjoyed better in a continuous read.

Zoro's flashback with Kuina was probably the point in the series that the tone becomes less goofy, gag oriented, and much more adventure-oriented.

Fishman island is a lot more tolerable if you read it as a "check THIS out" arc with a couple lore bits thrown here and there, still my least favourite arc, but i don't dislike it as much as i used to

Attached: 1566793213563.gif (350x350, 132K)

What content do you feel could be removed from those arcs. Every chapter was dense with information and set ups with payoffs (for example the dumb nosebleed gag in FI actually factors into the plot heavily can't be removed)

Yeti Cool Brothers were necessary

punk hazard there's too much running, literally peak run piece

>The thing is, reading arcs all at once has always been far, far superior to reading them weekly.
I think this makes sense when looking at an arc properly from an analytical perspective.

However, I think there are some aspects of the weekly experience that you just can't replicate by consuming it all at once. Getting to experience certain cliffhangers and reveals as they appear completely brand new to all the fans is an irreplicable feeling. Like when Chapter 783 dropped with the Gear 4 cliffhanger at the end, I don't think I could contain my excitement for the two weeks I had to wait to see that revealed, and the reveal itself was just insane.

Killing Jack that early before we even know what happened to Doffy would've been horrible writing. Go back to HxH if you want senseless killing

>evil from birth
>clearly shown to care about his executives and corazon before he betrayed him
>even cared for baby5 in that he wouldn't let random men take advantage of her kindness
Dog you need to go back to elementary school

I wouldn't have wanted Jack to die, because ultimately I want the minks to get their revenge on him. But having him come back to Zou and get decimated by the elephant is unnecessary. It's not like we needed that to happen to establish anything in the plot, such as the possibility of a traitor on Zou, because that's how he was able to get to Zunesha in the first place.

Oda loooves this shit.

>Arabasta: Luffy punches an underground criminal boss from literally underground into the outside world, bringing him and all his conspiracies into the open
>Arlong Park: Luffy uses Arlong to destroy his very own park, the symbol of his power
>Arabasta: Luffy punches an underground criminal boss from literally underground into the outside world, bringing him and all his conspiracies into the open
>Skypeia: Luffy defeats god in the heavens
>Fishman island: Luffy, a human, defeats a Fishman supremacist in the water
>Dressrosa: Luffy sends the Heavenly Demon that's soaring in the sky crashing right back into the underworld
>WCI: defeats a man with identical abilities and a mirrored personality in a battle of attrition in the Mirror World

That's a line from the manga though, not mine.

Croc wasn't redeemed. Luffy still hates him but accepted his help.

A line from a character, not the author

The man's bursting with ideas in every seam yet is limited since he's a weekly manga artist. He would have been a lot better as a novelist.

>At first, Oda didn't intend to draw Senor Pink's past. Editor was moved when he heard the background of Senor in the meeting with Oda. His past is now popular among audience.
>>The Franky vs Senor Pink fight was glorious both action and comedy wise and this backstory was the cherry on top. The idea that his editor was so moved by that backstory that Oda decided he’d include it just kills make even better

nice to see a fellow morj fan on here

You all just saying Corazon was a salty bitch and betrayed Doffy instead of trying to help him. Any way you take that line it sucks.

I dont think doffy was actially complete evil. The difference between him and corazon is that he couldnt cope not being a celestial dragon when he was a kid and a slight fuckup led to his family being killed of which after he found people to feed into his already preexisting god delusion while corazon was humbled

It's too bad I can't really think of anything that thematic about Moria's defeat. I don't dislike Moria or anything but it sort of just turned into a game of "beat him up until he gives up" sort of thing.

Even though his fight with Lucci was a straightforward brutal brawl to the end, that's ignoring the fact that Luffy literally declared war on the most powerful institution in the world just for the sake of giving a crewmate of his a chance to be honest and selfish for once in her life.

We can already see the thematic importance of the fight in Wano, and the fact that it's developing into a war that will "open the borders" by bringing multiple different forces in from the outside world to take down the oppressive forces containing everyone inside of Wano and suffocating it for all these years.

>Luffy defeats god in the heavens
Not just that but in one blow. He literally struck judgement upon him in an attack that enel saw coming but was completely and unable to resist. Just like enels 'judgement'

Moria's defeat was symbolic in that he'd lost once Oars went down. Moria was a man who had given up on his own strength and wanted to parasitically use the power of others. Zoro states that the fight is over once Moria absorbs all his shadows, just because Moria can't maintain consciousness for long in that state. It's a last resort move intended to stall until sunrise. Not quite as symbolic as the others but hey

You're forgetting that Corazon ended up under Sengoku's wing after being completely orphaned, right? Obviously there were personal stakes for him to stop his brother from causing further harm to others, but it was also his duty as a Marine to put a stop to him as a pirate. And ultimately despite saying that he wasn't able to pull the trigger on Doffy when they were both holding each other at gunpoint because like Doffy said he's too kind and forgiving.

I cant think of anything for moria either. Anyone wanna help?
>Even though his fight with Lucci was a straightforward brutal brawl to the end,
Lucci was a different main villain compared to the usual one we've had.

ZEHAHAHAHAHA

I actually dont mind FI that much, it was the only time I lost interest in reading OP weekly (I'd let 2 or 3 chapters pile up then read, at every other time I've religiously read OP on the day they're released) although part of that is I think I was 18-19 working my first real job with a lot of shit going on in my life. But after the arc concluded I think I read all of it as a whole and I liked it a whole lot better than I did weekly, so it's technically the one post-TS arc I've read all at once

I think FI suffered from too much hype, it was mentioned what like 3 or 4 times as the SH's next destination but always delayed. Also because it was the first postTS arc the fights were always gonna be shit since it would look bad if the SHs struggled immediately after 2 years of training especially before even entering the NW. Oh and I almost forgot Fisher Tiger is the biggest overhyping the OP community ever committed for a character

So I haven't hated it or even disliked it like I have other postTS arcs, although in the moment yeah I remember it being disappointing/getting annoyed at stupid stuff like ropes and the poison incident, since I remember it at least tying together nicely and having a really good theme explored well through the flashback and Luffy/Jinbe's relationship

Yeah sure, I'm not sure I'd ever say reading weekly is bad (and I dont have the willpower to stop even if I did) and it obviously offers a more emotional ride. You could extend the same thought to spoilers vs no spoilers

Im strictly no spoilers and have been for years and years now, but back in the day I used to read them and there's a lot of discussion and fun theorizing you miss out on by avoiding them. I feel like it ruins the emotional impact of certain panels and reveals by reading spoilers first but the trade-off is missing all that fun stuff so neither way can be considered "right"

Fair point. Overall I think Moria is a character that is going to benefit more once he's able to come to Wano and we can develop him further as a man who lost sight of what he once was passionate about due to the harshness of the world around him. Of all the antagonists Luffy has fought he's among the least evil.

I like how there's a bunch of thought-out discussion posts in a row then you have some 20 iq simpleton giggling to himself as he posts it again

Lucci is the most like Kaido, honestly. A strong enforcer whose job is just to be strong to the point of appearing invincible but otherwise feels detached.

And Orochi is Spandam. He schemes, he meddles in the arc's affairs, he gets fooled here and there, and he gets away with it because Lucci/Kaido is at his back.

There was a period of time when I used to read spoilers, but I quit cold turkey after a few times doing it because I realized just how lifeless it was to actually read the chapter having read the poorly summarized beats that would be revealed a day ahead of time. At most I'll just try and see if I can get a glance at the title of the chapter, if that information is available and I'm that impatient to find out about what happens next.

I know that people are excited for this week's chapter due to the fact that we have next to no idea what we could end up seeing, but that just incentivizes me to avoid the spoilers because it'll be that much more exciting when I can go in blind.

FACT - Dressrosa was a shitty version of Alabasta

t. Marco

Attached: 177aa528aa58fbb29fdbe15ca1e9af6359391f52v2_hq.jpg (933x969, 79K)

This.

Hiruluks death scene and choppers always make me cry even to this day

And IMO Doffy actually loved Corazon. When he cusses him out he never says that it's his own words but something that Law is expecting to hear.

>Lucci is the most like Kaido, honestly
Idk. Lucci had no ideology or dream behind him like many other classical One Piece villains did.
Arlong wanted to conquer the East Blues and make humans pay.
Crocodile wanted to be the PK.
Enel wanted to be a god in the moon.
Doflamingo wanted to get revenge on the world nobles.
Kaido is unknown but he wants to start the greatest war the worlds ever seen.

Lucci... just wanted to kill. He had no great overwhelming dream or will. He may have been the arc antagonist but the WG was the narrative one.

Attached: 0781-016.jpg (1066x1600, 332K)

>Corazon was a salty bitch and betrayed Doffy instead of trying to help him
I think Doflamingo was too far gone but Corazon was probably affected heavily from Marine idealouge considering that evil from birth stuff is rampant throughout the Marines.

Well Kaido wants to die himself, while Lucci wants to kill others without consequence. I guess two different sides of the same coin?
The purpose of Kaido's war is a glorious death like Whitebeard.

We don't know the reason Kaido wants to kill himself so it's too early to say.

If he just wanted death, he would drown in the ocean. Instead he mentions Whitebeard's death in his first appearance.
It doesn't seem like a big mystery to me but I guess Oda will spell it out later for the children.

That was the only one

Oda had Hawkins gave Luffy and Zoro an survival percentage for the next month for a reason. Marineford was like a couple of hours but the war in Wano may somehow last for a few weeks? I don't know what'll occur but Luffy, Zoro and the others are all gonna heavily struggle in their first encounter. I don't see Big Mom or Kaido participating at first, both will probably be far off eating/ drinking enjoying the view of the battle. After a few days the grand fleet shows up and back up everyone, also Jinbei and some of the fishmen army as well. Then after the war seems to be against Kaidos favor which most of his most powerful men are out, he'll coincidentally participate and which Luffy and the others tries to hold their own against him. Soon much later afterwards the marines show up and also interfere in the war. It's just Kizaru and many marine vice admirals which they attack and even the plainfield. Big Mom is still chilling and eating on the sidelines then suddenly she'll get some message from Kata or someone at WCI which have her urgently return home with her crew. Big Mom isn't gonna be defeated this arc, she'll need some excuse to somehow leave without it being halfassed

Aokiji is much weaker than Blackbeard. The fight would be like Blackbeard vs Ace.

I usually can't name it, but this one in particular is easy.

Attached: 1548927687922.jpg (1350x1014, 120K)

Otohime's death.
I didn't cry at Ace's death though.

The pacing is still shit but at least it isn't as ugly as Dressrosa.

SPOILERS IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS AAAAAAAA

Attached: 1556902441345.gif (500x354, 89K)

To be fair, I was still in my edgy weeb phase Also, I should really change that filename

Attached: Zoro's Exciting Wano Adventure.gif (680x789, 140K)

It was nothing like Alabasta outside of Doffy's take over of a country being successful

It was somewhat gradual for me, but that's the first one I consider truly great.

Attached: dokuta....jpg (500x376, 49K)

it's Jack chapter

Attached: Bigboykaido.jpg (1576x880, 1.01M)

End game.

She'll be one of about a dozen of replaceable end game opponents that show up when things get chaotic.

There were good moments before this. But I just thought it was above average and interesting. "But the MC gets through everything, in the end, no real problem. Pretty standard, overall."

Then he fought Crocodile. "Uhh, I don't see how he'll beat this guy. Screaming? He'll probably just want it bad enough." (Ahead of my time, I guess)

Then pic related happened. "Wait, the MC is losing? He... that's a loss. Huh. How do we go from here?"

Attached: OP Kino.png (621x494, 146K)

Attached: namis cunnilingus demands.png (368x279, 214K)

>Luffy and Zoro bro'ing it up while everyone else nerds it up with some ocean current talk

God its one small part of one small panel but this interaction is so damn comfy and wholesome, especially after so many chapters of nothing but Luffy and no SHs

Attached: Honeyview_2019-09-17_00-29-11.png (224x366, 187K)

Id say that Moria's defeat is significant because he was the first arc villain to be taken down by the strawhats as a team whereas Moria himself tried to rely on his minions to do everything for him. there's also arguably some extra symbolism related to the sunrise during that fight, since it can represent both freedom for those victimized by thriller bark but could also potentially kill them if they don't get their shadows back in time. So in that scenario the sun represents hope for the future but is also the possibility of death, which could tie back to Moria's warning about the dangers of the new world and how the SH aren't prepared to face them yet.
IDK though I might be reaching

Name a bigger plothole than Usopp still being a complete little bitch even after living on a giant plant island that attracts giant monsters for 2 years

Jack invading Zou, after what we've learned in Wano.
Kinemon's words about being hounded for poneglyph knowledge make absolutely no sense in light of everyone thinking the Scabbards and Kozuki family died 20 years ago.

You're definitely reaching but you'd have to for Moria. I do like the point you made about teamwork though, that is something significant I noticed, it is the first time where the SHs actually use teammwork and coordination as an entire crew

Lets just be honest, TB serves very little narrative purpose. Oda just really wanted to do a horror themed island like that, and he also wanted to make a warning/wake up call about the difficulty of the NW, so he had Moria serve as that warning. While I like TB and am glad Oda did it, Moria really didn't have to be beaten for any major purpose, and even afterwards its the one fight to be swept under the rug by everyone, never reported and didnt affect bounties. Nightmare Luffy felt very fanservicey-ish

>Jack invading Zou, after what we've learned in Wano.
But it was stated that they were caught by the beast pirates when leaving which is what caused them to split up.

He is the traitor

Attached: Kanjuro_.jpg (411x444, 29K)

Having no navigational skills is what caused them to split up.
They weren't even caught, just spotted leaving Wano. As far as the Beasts Pirates knew it was just some random people illegally leaving the country.

It's a Law chapter, bros.

They were just spotted, it's a crime for anyone to leave Wano so they may not have know it was the scabbards that were leaving.

Attached: 920 (13).png (920x1300, 518K)

I definitely agree that TB wasn't that important in the grand scheme of things, aside from introducing Brook and setting up the Lola plotline the only major plot point that happened was having Kuma meet the crew for the first time, and that arguably could have been delayed until Sabaody.
one thing I did love about Thriller bark though was the humor. It was imo one of Oda's funniest arcs and you can tell he probably had a blast working on it.

Luffy vs Usopp

Well of course they knew it was them if they went looking for them. I don't see how this is a plot hole its very obvious that even orochi knew what the fuck was going on with them which is why he is nervous about a rebellion. They can't go around announcing that they are alive to the general public because that would just ignite a war.

Oi,stop cockblocking us and give the source alreday.

Jack never mentioned anything about Inu and Neko being scabbards.

Asura.

Early chapter again this week or not?

Why would Jack do that? Thats like walking up to Kaido and saying "You're a yonko". You also have to realize the beast pirates give no shit about them potentially coming to Wano they actually would encourage it thats basically Kaido's entire character.

Oda has been making Zoro and Momo to have some sort of older and younger brother relationship on the down low. Is it all a set up for Zoro and Hiyori getting together or something with how close Oda has set Zoro up towards the Kozuki family?

He didn't have to say it to their faces, but he should might have mentioned that they would not be so simple to leave to die.

Attached: 063.png (760x1200, 1.5M)

>but he should might have mentioned that they would not be so simple to leave to die.
What did you mean by this.
But Jack never gave up on trying to get the info out of them he just planned to kill zunisha and take out two birds with one stone sadly he got BTFO and had to return to wano after,

Why this hurt me more than in the actually moment

>Get's Oden's sword
>Closest SH to Hiyori
>Training with Momo
He's gonna marry into the family.

What will Sanji's reaction be?

Attached: 941 (8).png (918x1300, 436K)

To be fair, its not like Usopp had someone holding a gun to his parents head if he didnt play along. You know how stubborn Luffy is, Sanji probably felt there was no way to convince him with words to leave him alone, and it still didnt convince him.

Merry's funeral and Whitebeard's death, I think.

Yes, Spoilers tomorrow

Yeah I couldn't believe how much I laughed at Brook's antics, especially those first chapters when hes introduced. It made me slightly sad at the contrast to reading current chapters, I don't remember SHs getting that humor spotlight very much at all anymore. Also it was one of the only times I found Sanji's woman antics funny/not annoying. It didn't matter if his fight with Absalom wasn't a very serious or good 1v1, it was full of good humor

TB as a whole felt like whatever the opposite of fanservice is, where the author himself indulges himself for pleasure

Attached: Hiyori nervous.png (242x228, 53K)

Hiruluk makes me cry like a bitch every time. Best thing Oda ever wrote.

Why would he care that Zoro married a literal whore while he gets a 16 year old pure maiden?

It's like you don't even know Sanji. This is the same guy who was heartbroken because of her.

Attached: Sanji.png (351x419, 107K)

Attached: 1560738702018.png (1860x700, 547K)

I have a feeling people like you forget just how much happened in Dressrosa. It's like the 2nd most important arc.

>Why would he care that Zoro married a literal whore while he gets a 16 year old pure maiden?

Because he's Sanji.

Attached: 5.png (650x328, 99K)

He's not married to Pudding right now. We're talking about the future geniuses

Still obsessed too.

Attached: 955 (4).png (887x1300, 456K)

>best character in the series gets a chapter
Great news

CRAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIN

Are you implying that Law is edgy? Because he isn't.

he tried to become a suicide bomber once that's kinda edgy

Attached: one_piece_ch752_p017-e1404383357180.png (767x851, 295K)

>we will be on hiatus next issue
ODAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That's been his entire appeal and you know it. Oda changed his character when he got surprisingly popular.

It's definitly linked to Zoro and Hiyori relationship.

someone explain the logistics of FI to me

how the fuck does this shit just randomly exist this deep down, how are Orcas and other regular whales swimming there 10000m down, how did they bubble the entire island that deep down, how are there tree roots that deep down..are those the shabondy tree roots and if so how are they possibly that deep

Attached: Honeyview_2019-09-17_01-32-48.jpg (938x979, 422K)

remember when Law had bags under his eyes

Oda watched The Phantom Menace.

He was a 13 years old kid back then

The whales are most likely there just to show off how big Fishman Island and the Sea Kings are

Still does

Attached: 1560757959044.png (392x427, 394K)

Remember when Law had a character?

@yun_zl

Attached: A tsunami of cum for Luffy.jpg (1920x1080, 158K)

Yeah, had great character development between PH and Zou. After thinking his character arc was done, Oda is still delivering with him in this arc. After the last chapter, I can't wait to see what will he do.

He literally has "DEATH" tattooed on his fingers

Fuck yeah.

Maybe. I wonder how he will react if Orochi captures her, if he abandons everything ans goes after her then yeah, there is something going on

I know a dude who has "I'm gay" tattoo on his ass and he isn't a faggot.

Nah. Hiyori will ask him to marry her, Momo will also support the idea but Zoro will pull a "no way, fag"

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxqIITtTtU

Kek this isn't real right

i don't think the hd version was ever posted so here it is

Attached: jz89bw5bn4n31.jpg (635x918, 130K)

>Water pressure will destroy your ship
>But a bubble won't be affected lol
Dumbass Oda

youtu.be/Ag-RvTUfcdU

post toko

Attached: 1556396251224.jpg (341x406, 58K)

Attached: orochi delete this.png (307x227, 44K)

One-hit by Batman.

Attached: ∶D.png (121x134, 15K)

when zorro wants to eat the shitty riceballs from the ground

It could very well be possible that it was named due to how it links to both the Reverie and WG.
The Reverie is the event where kings from all over the world meet in one place, like a figurative Pangea Continent.
And the WG's purpose is to unite the entire world under one regime. Even their flag shows all 4 major areas of the world linked together, and the supposed leader of this government, Imu, lives here.

Doesn't have to be that at one point a literal Pangea continent will appear, could be just Oda being nuanced.

Funny thing is that if Sanji was there seeing Zoro doing that he would've been a lot more tolerant of him.

opbros I can't wait for early spoilers again early chapters back to back is a great thing. I wish we had this all the time opbros...

>it's fun to see people react to things for the first time, same reason it's satisfying to be a parent

You guys are fucking mongoloids. Why waste your time watching stupid and false reactions to thing you already saw. It's stupid, you can't deny that.

Hahaha oda is such a bad writer that he has to turn every zoro opponent into swordsman
Like wtf was the point of Pica having a sword, also how convenient that the 2nd strongest cp9 member was a swordsman lol

>Why does the guy who wants to become the best swordsman in the world has to fight other swordsman
Are you serious?!

>Surprised that a world full of pirates are filled with swordsmen

Sea pressure seems to barerly be a thing in One Piece

>The WG flags is symbolical for the four blues being linked togheter
Fuck I've never thought about that before

3rd strongest*

>>loves them all
>has no problem sacrificing hundreds of crewmembers and allies for Ace

Clearly he just wanted to save Ace because of his potential strenght and the family stuff was just mambo jambo to get everyone on his side

debatable. kaku has bigger doriki but blueno has decent doriki and the strongest devil fruit in the group

This and Merry's death

>Merry's Funeral
>Garp saying he's got no sympathy for pirates, but for his family he does

My brainlet ass just finally understood why people have been saying that Zoro will be the one to fight Kaido
Because Luffy will already be busy fighting Big Mom

Kaidou's gonna get rekt.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

>Ussop backstory, I could relate
>Merry death
>the ringing of the Bell

I wonder if the grand fleet will be at this battle...

slow night eh opbros...

What else could their "incident" be?

i thought oda maybe saving them for the final battle at rafetel

Only if Luffys vivre card starts burning depending on how bad he gets his ass kicked

I just got home from work. Should I have coffee or tea?

Semen.

What time is it?

I'm lactose intolerant so I can't drink coffee so I always for tea as an alternate.

3 PM

I for one drink it black.

Attached: 1383811630412.jpg (482x404, 56K)

Have coffee

Gotcha.

A good tea, and something nice to read would be nice.

Every backstory
Merry death
Ace and WB death
literally any moment pre timeskip because i know the grand adventures the crew will go on to have

Attached: bruh.png (112x112, 20K)

A nice hot black tea and a donut

>something nice to read
Just picked up three books at the library, will crack them open after my jog.
Donuts are for cops only.

Honestly, at this point it seems more likely that there's more than one 'traitor'. If it's just one person with a direct line to Kaido, then they're one of the most competent characters in the series when it comes to fucking people over without being caught. It seems more likely that there's one mink and one nip who's involved in leaking information to the Beast Pirates and the mink is either dead or isn't on Zou yet.

>Sanji and Zoro into something with actual substance and emotional nuance
This would be forced and cringe as fuck, only brainlets don’t understand the circumstancial differences between what happened with Sanji and what happened with Usopp. Zoro would’ve not argued Luffy’s decision to get beaten up in Sanji’s moment, no matter how much people want to shill forced drama inside the crew.

b-but Usopp lies should turn into reality!

why did Toei turn her into an annoying brat?

Pound is the closest to this. Except if Pez will somehow remember him.

those numbers

>match the voices
You say it in an era when computers can fake any sound, and not just sound but replace an entire person soon. (Of course there are still glitches in videos, but replacing sound alone is much easier)

>Kuina is ded
>Tashigi is a crybaby and an overall shit character
>Hyiori became a literal whore
Why does Oda hate tomboys so much.

Girls should grow into fine women and have many babies, just like Abe-sama says.

NO FUCK YOU KYOSHIRO YOU CAN HAVE BABIES WITH TOMBOYS

Based kek and agreed.