JoJo Part 3

What was the best episode and why? How could this iteration be better?

Attached: 05cb8843d44435358d54a8a5e27a76fa.jpg (540x630, 95K)

D'arby was kino

D'arby without a doubt.

Also simple, make it half as long. Too much villain of the week filler. Also spread out the focus. It didn't need to be Jotaro or Polnareff day every day.

no one really ever talks about it but the geb fight is the most interesting imo

The last one because this shit is finally over

Attached: 1DA1CFA1-CDD3-4965-A2D9-800855DCC8F7.gif (309x466, 1.06M)

Vanilla Ice.

We literally know more about Senator Philips than Kakyoin, Avdol, Iggy and Jotaro combined. Kakyoin is the only one with even the smallest bit of backstory. This part absolutely needed more character development.

D'arby was the only good fight
everything else was mediocre/shit
jotaro is a faggot
joseph and polnaref are the best things about the part.

I'm reading through part 6 and I'm so fucking bored of all the stand battles interrupting the main story. I didn't feel like this at all through part 3

what more did you want iggy to have ? he was a dog

>I didn't feel like this at all through part 3
confirmed shit taste user. complaining about consecutive battles in part 6 while not complaining about part 3 is the prime indicator of retardation

Attached: 1564295594518.png (765x411, 491K)

I'm not sure of why, maybe because part 3 was in anime form.

Shit taste

That's because Part 3's battles weren't interruptions. They WERE the story. You know that they have to fight all of DIO's minions to get to Egypt so it makes sense.

It's worse in Part 6 because you get to see Pucci actively doing things for his plan, then you get pulled away from it to go look at some unrelated shit like Dragon's Dream.

Easily Hanged Man. Followed by Vanilla Ice.
Polnareff >>>>>>> Jotaro.

Attached: GXJYRTG6C5CC3OEX6NWBH5PTFE.jpg (646x380, 49K)

Like other anons have said, there wasn't enough development for the entire cast. Araki made the mistake of making the journey too short. It should have been a complete global adventure, with enough enemies to give every Crusader multiple fights under their belt.

I thought D'arby's brother was the best arc (the video game arc).

DP should have compressed some of the episodes into 1 for the various arcs instead of having 2 for each stand user.

Attached: 1539391761954.jpg (471x225, 64K)

D'arby

d'arby the gambler for me too

Attached: 1549305547017.gif (480x270, 130K)

OP here, why does literally everyone love Older D'arby's episode the most? It's my favorite too lol, but there are 48 episodes and none of the others get mentioned.

Well most people just speedread/speedwatched Part 3 and haven't seen it in years so they don't even remember most of what happened. They only remember D'Arby because they see other people mentioning him. But it was a good fight.

I guess it's because it's an original fight, it's intense and hilariours at the same time, it stand out from the others

D’arby, Vanilla Ice, the Hanged Man, Dio, Boingo Oingo and Hol Horse Boingo

Which D'arby tho

Yes

I enjoyed my read of the manga more than my initial viewing of part 3, It's 90% kino but it's just too damn long, should have been ≈10 episodes shorter. It also loses alot of the quiet moments with Jotaro & CO. Almost all of my friends who are anime-only totally missed the psychological stuff with Jotaro, where it's pretty much spelled out in the manga.

Attached: image0-4.jpg (640x622, 367K)

>It also loses alot of the quiet moments with Jotaro & CO
Doesn't the anime add a lot of that? Especially towards the end of the first half.

Geb was fucking great. I love how part 2 starts with that and let's the audience know the shit's real now.

Attached: 1540289718431.png (437x574, 671K)

Attached: jojofag.png (1792x628, 543K)

HORY SHET

I think it's interesting how much the Geb fight works as an "introduction". Even the OVA started with Geb.

Oingo Boingo and it isn’t even close

Attached: 7BC83D59-0AD1-4A0D-8120-0091A197F016.jpg (750x786, 72K)

Probably cause every character is present in some way, even if Kak's only role was getting his eyes scratched out

I don't know what you retards are talking about, the way the battles are set up are literally the same, both Pucci and Dio sent the villains to fight the protagonists and stifle their efforts. Part 6 shits on Part 3 though because it A. doesn't have a lame mary sue protagonist who gains random abilities that allow him to win every fight and B. actually has fleshed out characters with personality.

This had no business being so good.

Attached: 1522211085774.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

why is Jolyne's last name called Cujoh while Jotaro is called Kujo?

Same way Haruo Shiobana became Giorno Giorvana

Because Jotaro is a boring protagonist with no personality and the gambler arc is the only one that actually utilizes the fact that he has no personality to win and not just granting him some magical new Star Platinum ability to bullshit his way out of it.

was araki retarded or doesn't sons and daughters take their fathers last names?

cuz its american or some shit

Yikes.

Have Hol Horse join the crew.

Don't bring Kakyoin back only to job him out twice. Either he dies or he never left the group

Probably the process of romanticizing when Jotaro moved to America.

yeah I guess you're right, but the fact remains that the anime doesn't highlight Jotaro's internal stuff as well. To be fair though, my experience of people missing the point there might have something to do with the way people watch it. A lot of the time, people just put it on in the background.

Attached: Yeah.png (201x256, 127K)

peak in bizarreness since part 2's end, probably

Do people just use the word bizarre to mean whatever they want at the moment or what?

it was simply comfy

Attached: Araki_Works47.jpg (1980x2960, 2.84M)

its so weird how good the 2nd half of part 3 is compared to the first. not a single fight in the 1st half is better than a fight in the 2nd

Attached: trysome.png (298x279, 161K)

It would have been even better without the animal monologue. The action conveys everything as is.

I'll take The Hanged Man or High Priestess fights over Sethan or Atum any day.

>how can iteration be better?

Not iteration but the source could be better if Araki didn't forget he killed Abdul

hanged man i understand, high priestess was alright but love how disturbing the sethan fight was and seeing gamer kakyoin in an aesthetically pleasing dimension

Attached: st_color_v13_003.jpg (1560x1200, 1.1M)