Jump Series that didn't deserve to be axed

What Jump manga do you think got cancelled too early?
Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa was great and got canned immediatly, such a shame.
Magico also met the same fate but at least was lucky enought to receive an epilogue.
Beelzebub had a bad end but at least it had an outstanding 6 years run

What are your picks?

Attached: Jump.png (1142x599, 1.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2No7AiQvtk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: the next big shounen.jpg (1200x630, 348K)

TORIKO

PSYREN

hi

Attached: mx0.jpg (760x1200, 225K)

Fuck Japan and their shit taste

Attached: 53-54.png (1782x1300, 938K)

Muddy deserved better

another manga I was interested in was Poro's demon diary, because I liked that mangakas one-shot, unfortunately what actually got published was shit and nothing like the one-shot

Attached: Muddy.jpg (728x1073, 109K)

Seshiji o Pin!

I'm interested in reading Psyren. What are some of the good points about the series?

it died because it had no anime

>Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa was great
until best girl got reset of her love for mc

still hurt for the serie and for Mona

Attached: 8050cd0a63d8859033eaa5ae6c946c111558982766_full.jpg (640x622, 151K)

There have been no correct answers in this thread. Only one that came close is Toriko and, come on, everything in Gourmet World other than monkey trouble was shit so it's no surprise he was told to wrap it up fast. Hell, it was probably better off for it.

Golem Hearts, and Double Arts come to my mind.
Toriko was axed? I dont see it. That manga (which was below average) reached its end finishing all its plots. How it could be axed?

>Time-skip through the underwater arc, skip every other arc for the full course, rush immediately into the end-game fights.
>No, this was always the plan.
I bet you think Bleach wasn't cancelled either.

>Soft seinen published in a shonen magazine
I am surprised Bleach lasted as long as it did.

This
Is there even any gag manga running in Jump currently?

Red Sprite

>Violence on par for Shonen Jump, at least the era when it started.
>Less fan-service than most Shonen.
>Soft seinen
Are you the other guy who is now double-retarded or are there two of you?

I think The Last Saiyuki had just found it's stride

Mystery aspect, cool initial power system, the world of psyren, character dynamics. It's pretty good i even liked it's axed ending or the last chapter but obviously it has asspull towards the end. Still a decent and interesting read. Perhaps has one of the best first chapters in shonen jump manga.

Unironically Bleach.

Hungry joker.
Tabata watered down his writing just to stay in jump. I do enjoy black clover and find it fairly intresting but it has plenty of inconsistencies.

i think this one is, i'm not sure but i dropped it after 1st chapter

Attached: yuikamioA.jpg (600x440, 122K)

i heard it was good

Attached: Stealth-Symphony-manga-color01.jpg (466x668, 100K)

Kind of.

Attached: 39747.jpg (1280x1068, 133K)

Of course someone brought this up

It wasn't.

Literally everything done by Onio. Fucking Japan and their shit taste.

Attached: Onio 1.jpg (803x1200, 424K)

Attached: Onio 2.jpg (844x1200, 324K)

Attached: Onio 3.jpg (844x1200, 457K)

>manga about lifedrawing
>mangaka can't draw for shit
bye

would it had been better if they had actually been two different characters?

i loved this one, the chick was crazy

the only shit gyaru manga that i know

He's doing another series in Jump right now

Fucking Bleach, I dont care what anyone says, because its true that the last arc had a lot of shitty things going on, but to this day no other mangaka has been able to pull off Kubo's level of trolling when done right.

I really don't think this was cancelled, I bet he asked for it to end to start a new series right away and when that was cancelled he left the magazine.

I enjoyed Beezlebub but by the end it had no idea where it was going. The last arc was a mess

Even though you are obviously stupid, you can see from these covers none of them were Jump. One is Shonen Magazine, one is a Takeshobo magazine and one is Comic Rex. Those are three different publishers even and none have to do with Shueisha.

>he
Sensei's a female mangaka.
I hope kemoji lasts. Her characters are enjoyable and the writing seems to have improved from hokegami.

Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa was terrible.

The artist wrote himself into a corner a few chapters in, couldn't figure out how to resolve it so meandered around with some terrible misunderstandings based comedy until he got cancelled and he then gave a giant fuck you ending

He is like one of thos hxh guys. Suffering from a shonencomplex in desperate need to "promote" the series to the quality status, at least in their minds, known as seinen.

Even though you are a raging faggot, no one cares. Shove some Jump up your ass if you are feeling disturbed.

the female mc was too bland, here friends were more interesting and specially Mao

No, he ended it because the volume sales were shit, same thing happened to Samon (though that one was killed by the editors, not the author).

japanese dont like women

Attached: 6.png (959x1400, 716K)

>Jump series that didn't deserve to be axed
>Jump
>Jump

>Jump
>Jump

Attached: Totally_Krossed_Out_album_coverart.jpg (301x300, 29K)

Kagami was generic trash that would have gone on to become what Nisekoi ended up becoming. Don't be delusional.

Attached: 1542834253194.jpg (439x439, 140K)

Bleach and (soon) chainsawman

>(soon) chainsawman
not before this one

Attached: samurai-8.jpg (713x1024, 130K)

>(soon) chainsawman
Someone doesnt know the sales numbers I see, its not going anywhere anytime soon senpai.

Has that one user finished the 2000s Jump manga chart? I haven't been checking the ToC threads.

They are, they will likely split into 2 bodies if it goes on long enough since the mangaka is going full supernatural route like he's used to.

you can watch this french guy, even if you dont understand frog
youtube.com/watch?v=c2No7AiQvtk

>chainsawman
Literally getting reprints.

Dr Flop is coming soon

Attached: smip-1173172-1280x0.jpg (1280x683, 64K)

>people saying bleach
It wasnt axed. Kubo ended it himself because he was ill

Its the same thing you baka, the story was forced to end abruptly.

That's speculation. Burden of proof is on you if you want to provide evidence that a series with such an abrupt ending with dwindling sales in a highly competitive magazine didn't get axed.

For example, when Togashi ended YYH, he actually stated that he ended it in the final volume. No such equivalent exists from Kubo.

Attached: YYH-ending-statement.jpg (575x855, 284K)

Came to post this.

Read the interview he had with the assclass mangaka.
>dwindling sales in a highly competitive magazine didn't get axed
Bleach was the 6/7th best seller in jump in its last year. If they wanted to axe something then theyd axe something at the bottom.

Psyren

Still mad about it desu.

He ended it like he wanted, doesn't matter if it ended like shit.

Kishimoto saved it from the U19 group, but I doubt it will go anywhere beyond 50 chapters. It doesn't help it that niggerstream is still wasting resources translating it fast to take any kind of western income that could help it not die.

Seeing Kiss x Death, I think Harisugawa was a writing prompt he just wasn't satisfied with, and that's really a shame.

I'm still mad
It got fucking axed in the middle of further showing the card's abilities
And he just got that gold card
Goddamit

I will never stop being salty about Double Arts

Double Arts had a rocky start, and then right when it settled into a comfortable groove, it got axed. I was pissed.

Stop memeing you numb cunt.

I loved Beelzebub but it kinda deserved the axe. Everything since returning to Ishiyama was a mistake and you could feel the building blocks collapsing.

The only thing I can salvage from those arcs is the addition of more Deadly Sins demons contracting with humans to imitate Oga's success, but it should have been spread out over a longer period of time in order to digest them better.

The ending wasn't bad. Bizarrely rushed sure, but Kubo followed up on all that with light novels. And the quality of the light novels wasn't even questionable, they were actually pretty decent and it was obvious Kubo had a heavy hand involved even if he weren't the primary writer.

>Kiss x Death
is it finished yet?

In the raws yes, but not finished being translated.

Cancelling Double Arts gave us Nisekoi, I will never forgive Jump for that.

fucking this

Attached: 1444929160303.png (827x1200, 178K)

>Samon
I will never not be mad.
(Though I blame Mastema and Fujita not making the anime he wanted for sending the volume sales into the gutter)

Only thing Jump did wrong was letting him back in the magazine after rightfully cancelling him the first time.

Stealth Symphony

For Jump is was a smart idea and a money maker, for us it was the new worst, most generic and longest harem romance in Jump.

I thought magico ended properly with the wedding though?

>magico was axed
no wonder the ending was so full of shit,
in a world were suffering = power, the mc had no excuse to be so strong or even beat the final boss.

power of his loving wife and daughter

Holy shit user, that was a fun short read.

I would have been salty like you guys, but Nisekoi taught me that the author wouldn't have been able to keep the story consistent. Dude was a fucking hack.

I think Nisekoi was his revenge though.

Sorry, I was talking about the author of Poro. Kemono is in SQ.

Attached: 1.jpg (1315x1920, 527K)

best post. They deserved better.

The last member of the U19 Club so far.

tokyo shinobi will give them company soon enough

Attached: Volume_01.jpg (1764x2509, 877K)

i think the exorcism one is going there sooner
at least TSS was on oricon in its first week

>Young Jump
Okay yeah, technically you still pass.

Anything by this artist

It’s extremely close to being finished.

>tfw this gets canned well before its time
>but "o my seven quirks" gets as many seasons as it wants
>and beastars aka zootopia the anime explodes in popularity
what the fuck is wrong with japan?

I'm still mad

Attached: oumagadoki.jpg (823x1300, 565K)

>almost never falls out of top 5
I think the author will end it, not get the axe.
By how it moves, i reckon it'll conclude around chapter 200 or so

Was MX0 on jump?

I could see a sequel series working.

this isn't jump but im still pissed. also pissed that stalker-chan didn't get the tickets in the ending.

Attached: criminale.jpg (322x456, 37K)

you mean jujutsu kaisen?

too ahead of his time

its like Toriko and Hinomaru sumo, the editors heavily push them but people dont care

This was trash.

What was that series where they had to try to get to Mars before a certain date?

I miss Beelzebub so much bros, its not fair

Beelzebub was so good when it wanted

Attached: 1531595077837.png (1390x1299, 1.39M)

I really liked that one.
Best character was the Narwhal.

I remember when Beelzebub and Binbougami were things in Yea Forums
Good times

Attached: 132143564654.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

Just kidding, this was a dumpster fire

Attached: 2MLJkpd.jpg (319x500, 58K)

Fuck Mastema. Numa fell into the same trap that Bobobo and Shokugeki did of trying to shove "serious" drama into the storyline in hopes of spicing things up instead of focusing on what made his series great, but was so shit at it that the series fell flat on its face and never recovered. I loved the first 50 or so chapters to bits but that arc completely killed the series.

Attached: 1479308670721.jpg (600x600, 459K)

Stalker-chan was worst girl though.

How many of these poor unfortunate series do you recognize, anons?

Attached: JUMP 2010-2019.jpg (2048x1935, 2.48M)

I hope Shun realizes that "serious" drama is his fatal flaw for when he does his next series, Ele-ki had the same problem but his second one-shot didn't (though neither should be serialized).

Still beyond me why authors don't self-publish after being cut off. Especially in internet age. I remember Alita mangaka had problems with publishers and just told them to fuck off

nah i meant mitama security the most recent series

>Jujutsu lived while Ziga and NN died
Still find this hilarious.

My money was on Act-Age and Noah's Notes living and Jujutsu and Ziga biting the dust. It was nice to be half-right for once.

The original yugioh serie deserved more chapters

>pajama no kanojo
on of the few where childhood friend wins completely shit he was way more in love with the senpai wtf

>koisome momiji
it was good but the harem was unnecessary

>kurogane
it was axed? i didnt know but the ending was dumb with a rival better in every aspect to the mc still lose

>Kiruko-san
It used to hurt until I learned that it was one of the series sacrificed to keep World Trigger alive

Most of the time they get dropped because their manga is shit, why try to keep it going?

this is not jump, but it was a hilarious axe ride

Attached: gal cleaning.jpg (1280x1930, 662K)

One of the best shounen arcs out there.

AA and JJK were the ones i rooted for, hopefully i was right this time. Last time i bothered with an almost-dead series was Psyren.

Thankfully* not hopefully damn i need some sleep.

How did Psyren even last as long as it did without an anime, anyways?

I kinda miss Love Rush

but it was transferred to another magazine

people liked it only because of the gyaru boom

I meant it's one of the reasons World Trigger didn't turn into one of those forgotten 12 week series because it was dangerously close to becoming one

Maybe the editors secretly hated it. They treated Saiki and Hinomaru the same way for whatever reason.

Attached: anime announcements.png (1066x728, 132K)

There was Akaboshi - Ibun Suikoden. Also, I'm still mad about PSYREN.

Attached: Akaboshi.–.Ibun.Suikoden.full.56692.jpg (825x1200, 227K)

>Saiki
The gag manga, and the author could do whatever he wanted because he already set up the endgame early on.
>Hinomaru
Yakuza were obviously holding the editors hostage to make sure it didn't get canceled.

Still don't know, it always hovered on that axe-line. That's also why the pacing was weird and some plotlines got outright forgotten, the author wanted to be ready to give a satisfying(ish) ending the moment he got news of the axe.

>suikoden manga
>not related with the games

>Shudan!
This sure was forgettable, I at least kind of remember the other axes from recent years but not this one.

I was a huge fan of Sesuji but I didn't want to get into the author's next series in case it got the axe. Shame my gut was right.

It was based on a Chinese Legend of 102 Stars and the fights were rad as fuck. I liked almost all the designs of the characters.

No, they mostly didn't, that's why it got axed. I'm sure no one would remember about it today if it wasn't for the endless eighth chapter

How the fuck did they cancel Toriko? It was nowhere near axe material.

why football manga are no more a thing in Japan?

It's was in the same state of extreme editorial pushing that Dr. Stone is in today but with added Oda shilling. Don't remember what the sales were like but the anime didn't do it any favors.

Fortunately Dr. Stone sells well enough to stay alive, though definitely not what you'd expect from WSJ top 5
At least streaming numbers for the anime are really good.

I miss Batsu's ass
had some fun in the threads hoping for it to live with some anons
same for Love Rush

Act Age beat him all the time and without push and anime

I think Psyren had a pretty good end. Not every series has to reach 300 chapters.

Attempts were made to topple Eyeshield 21 but none of them succeeded.

i was talking about football not the unpopular hand egg

Beelzebub deserved it. I'm still pissed about Behemoth arc where the author didn't know what to do and finished it quickly, since then he only show thigs that ended being wasted potential.

I really liked Soul Catchers(S)... didn't last long at Jump Next too

Attached: Soul Catcher(s) 49 CP.jpg (1280x946, 312K)

Oh. The Tsubasa Curse is still active since it's monopolizing the sport over at Grand Jump.

Attached: Football.png (696x612, 320K)

Hungry Joker. I like author's current work, Black Clover, but Hungry Joker is honestly more interesting and more... original..

Attached: edef56d8f97b7afbc8dd8c28e83e0154.jpg (736x549, 132K)

Wasn’t it more of the author got sick rather than it getting axed?

i was hoping he will make a serie from this oneshot

Attached: 2.jpg (728x1063, 283K)

>that low-res guy in the back

Rankings went down with the gourmet world chef arc and with the anime dying they killed the manga off.
You can tell he was giving 50 chapters to end it since the arc ended fast, everything was skipped and the final battle lasted exactly 50 chapters.

Aren't there like 5 Japanese Patreon clones or something?

I love Beelzebub but the only good parts of them going back to Ishiyama were Furuichi getting tired of everyone shitting on him and the concept of demons trying to copy Oga and Beel cause of their results

Beelzebub, Psyren, Toriko.

But why wait so long to announce an anime for it? It took almost double the time that most other Jump series did.

Attached: Chapter 202.png (450x1322, 526K)

maybe there was no good offer from anime studios ... until this time

I dunno, though maybe being a short gag manga had something to do with it.

Bobobo, Gintama, Sket Dance, and AssClass all had an anime airing within 3-4 years of debuting so Saiki is still an anomaly.

got boring
that being said its probably fine for shonen jumps demographic

Correct.

Can you post the latest version?

2002-2009

Attached: 1568216258295.jpg (2048x2304, 2.88M)

Thanks.

Also, Beshari Kurashi should be changed to 10 years.

>Hatsukoi Limited

this was really good... even after the axe, Hatsukoi had an anime

Jump editors really sux, at the time...

This always and forever

Why did Batsu get the axe, anyways?

Is Mx0 worth reading?

Bafflingly, despite the manga only being so-so popular, this series not only got a second season but it's been green-lit for a third season of original content.
I love it.

>Netflix
I really hope the author's on board and that it's as good as or even better than the first two seasons.

Attached: netflix-saiki.jpg (550x413, 75K)

The anime being Toei kiddieshit only served to kill the popularity really.

Kubo said he wrapped it up himself in an interview with Matsui because of health issues. It's been 3 years and you're still pushing that meme

I'm sure Kubo is happier doing character designs for video games now, just like Toriyama.

Samon the Summoner still hurts :/ it was fuckin fun