What makes a good isekai protagonist?

What makes a good isekai protagonist?

Attached: __kumoko_and_shiraori_kumo_desu_ga_nani_ka_drawn_by_sakaokasan__2905fae3b4fd0e3e180bc1de4ca0f97a.jpg (1309x1200, 1.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangadex.org/title/20982/yankee-wa-isekai-de-seirei-ni-aisaremasu
youtu.be/9aEfKT9Qv04
novelupdates.com/series/akuyaku-reijo-nanode-rasubosu-o-katte-mimashita/
mangadex.org/title/16801/in-another-world-i-m-called-the-black-healer
vndb.org/v3319
novelupdates.com/series/mezametara-chikashitsu-tensei-shoujo-no-yume-no-saki/
novelupdates.com/series/the-white-cat-that-swore-vengeance-was-just-lazing-on-the-dragon-kings-lap/
novelupdates.com/series/my-sister-told-me-to-give-up-my-fiance/
novelupdates.com/series/outaishihi-ni-nante-naritakunai/
novelupdates.com/series/return-of-the-female-knight/
shieldhero-stage.scissors-blitz.jp/
mangadex.org/title/36499/i-was-told-to-relinquish-my-fianc-to-my-little-sister-and-the-greatest-dragon-took-a-liking-to-me-and-unbelievably-took-over-the-kingdom
novelupdates.com/nauthor/mishima-yomu/
npr.org/2018/11/26/670803601/a-founding-contradiction-thomas-jeffersons-stance-on-slavery
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_contemporary_Africa
mangadex.org/title/23042/kuro-no-shoukanshi
novelupdates.com/series/the-ices-yearning/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are no good isekai protagonists

being in a series that isn't isekai

Multiple traits. Some of them include not being afraid to do what need to be done, and having reasonable goals that aren't just forced on him by the situation.

Attached: goals.jpg (836x1200, 201K)

it takes a certain caliber of character

Attached: 1536245865414.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

I don't know why I like diablo so much, but he's a really likable guy

>tough guy conventional edgelord appearance + antics
>just a softie goober underneath

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 6.41.27 AM.png (1866x1012, 1.69M)

S2 when? I need more not-so serious adventures. And more harem screentime.

the dub was hilarious
and i hate dubs. so much.

And even less censored.

What makes a good protagonist in general?

God I wish that was me.

Is kumo willing to marry a human? Can she fall in love with one? Asking for a friend.

Based Oni.

Wanting to go back to his real life.

That's a terrible idea. Wanting access to his original world is fine, but going there to stay isn't.

Kumo would be such a wonderful lover. I'd her in either spider form or human form.

Why?

Insanity.

Attached: shadow of the opera.jpg (2048x1514, 270K)

Only old men sorry.

>good
>isekai
pick one

are you dandy?
is your age in 40-50s?

No, I am a 17 (27) year old flat demon loli (male) who was reincarnated after being hit by an isuzu truck while I was sound asleep. Guess I'm out of luck.

>actual intelligence. No MUH QUANTUM EMC2 crap
>literally stole the protagonist credentials from the boring beta male isekai lead while he was wasting time living in a cushy mansion
>her actions drive the plot
>has relatable flaws that actually impair her. Manages to find ways to circumnavigate those flaws so that they don't impair her that much
>directly hacks the system that governs the RPG mechanics
>"Fashion? What is it, something that can be eaten?"
>has a track record of killing way stronger enemies than her through ingenuity and determination
>has crippling depression and PTSD from the constant fighting. She's still resolved to survive and fight even until her very last breath even if it's hopeless.
>contrarian taste on members of the opposite sex
>loves and respects her grandma
>tsundere
>is a cute anime girl
You just posted the perfect protagonist, user.

a good writer

Moral relativism, if something isn't outlawed then it's all fair game.

His inner monologues are the best.

>drunkard
>beats up and eats her daughter
>cannibal
>killed more people than hitler + stalin
>literally a room bug

She's a nice girl and wouldn't hurt you if you made a real attempt to reach out and be a friend to her. Stalin and hitler would just ice pick you in your sleep.

Based slave bro.

Is this NTR?

Delicious.

Attached: .png (1363x721, 527K)

No, just breaking in his first slave.

fuck off

Why settle for just one world?

>Villainess: Have fun with the Heroine since you love her, bye.
>Prince: YOU BETRAYED ME

What the fuck is this retard prince's problem?

Attached: y19.jpg (1481x2046, 800K)

I didn't get that.
Is it the lingering emotions of love from being firmly rejected before the charm magic mixing with the lowered IQ?

Being written by a woman in the 90s

An entertaining person of character

Attached: 8AF62EA7-49A2-4A0F-A8FB-4A2126267E2A.jpg (690x1150, 297K)

>Kumos into handsome ouji sans
She has great taste

What is some good isekai to begin with if you're trying to learn japanese by reading material? Something not too heavy

Roselle is better

I love how every time he tries to posture with his otherworld knowledge it turns out Roselle beat him to it

Do we ever get to see how much money he made from thr bikes or is Melissa sectrely and literally swimming in a bathtub of money?

Im only up to when the ambassador gets assassinated, so far he’s only just invested with the inventor.

One who knows what he wants.

Attached: breastikai.png (604x598, 280K)

This girl has shitty quality drills.

Not that much. Klein actually makes more money by living like murderhobo and as arms-dealer.

>murderhobo
Hunter*
The best hunter.

Is Gilgamesh an isekai guy?

Attached: FFXIV_Gilgamesh_Render.jpg (1080x720, 172K)

By being a well-written protagonist? Isekai isn't really that bad of as a genre, but lots of isekais really are just bad writing in general.

Also, Tolkien wrote self-insert isekais too.

Isengard Stanton sells his stocks in the bicycle company for 12,000 pounds. 8,940 of that ends up with Klein after processing and taxes.
is right. The majority of his current funds are from bounty hunting and his only significant business venture so far is smuggling guns.

if your ex goes to your brother that you have an inferiority complex with about 30 minutes after you dumped her you'd probably feel retroactively cucked

I've only kept with this because the main character actually nuts up and fucks the girl

Because he's a soft-hearted sweetheart normally, but also mans up under pressure. besides his total failure to fuck girls he's pretty masculine.

If the mc is a salaryman, he’s a good mc

Frank Lee and his mushrooms.

If other MC would have art and scenes like that one, it wouldn't seem nearly as good by comparison. Even among those that do, many have a couple pages at most and not as good either.

>all these recent chapters with skin-tight black clothes
I want to fuck small ghost
I want to fuck seo cheon

Attached: 9grRHcDp60.png (502x434, 245K)

>have a dream about an isekai character
>hang out with them and have comfy times
>wake up sad realizing it was a dream
Why are we still here, just to suffer?

Attached: 864b04150a35eba2.png (405x396, 207K)

Anything that is not driven by MMO shit with protag being actually devolved as the history goes on, not muh HAX0R lv 101 or prodigious child on the main tech/magic in the new world.
Its soo hard to make an isekai of a guy getting teleported to an old Azteca Mexico where there are spirits ala jojo's/Saint seiya armors and fight against other prehispanic civilizations plus some North American tribes?
>let's no forget the token loli that in this scenario would be delicious brown

Attached: 1551321419080.jpg (470x470, 70K)

>tfw once had a dream about living an entire life in isekai land

godhood

>Raped Nanking
>Does not fuck a woman in isekai world

Attached: x2 (1).png (1349x1920, 1.72M)

Attached: U31.png (760x1080, 3.13M)

Delays aren't enough, they don't even allow the proper version on mangadex?

las vegas weddings in another world

Attached: U20.png (760x1080, 3.13M)

>I was shocked to see my arm. My brown skin had changed to same milky-white color as Grace’s.
>All the people in the venue speechlessly opened their mouths wide.

>“Oh my, I’m sorry. I didn’t intend to change your skin color too…”

WHAT THE FUCK I thought anons are fucking bullshitting me when they say Claudia got whitewashed.

Attached: 1563891975072.png (894x508, 517K)

Isekai pioneers modern social commentary.

New story about an Isekai Otome Villainess going to take a Tiger's barbed dick in her

Attached: M15.jpg (1092x1574, 631K)

Holy Shit. That trashing Van do with Heinze party.

Attached: IMG_20181212_155542.jpg (812x498, 119K)

cool, villainess dreams of being a murder hobo got a manga

>As You Wish, Prince
I've been enjoying this. Thanks for telling me about it.

what happened to the average loli thread?

pragmatism

Who cares, what I don't understand is how a fateshit "isekai" thread managed to be more interesting than this one.

Isekai Kenkokuki has a good Isekai protag. He doesn't have any video game menus or anything like that. Instead he's "blessed" with being stronger the more people are loyal to him, but his will can be overridden to fulfill his loyalist's wishes. Also he ordered the death of rebels and their entire lineages down to the 9th degree of separation. Even the women & children.

Why can't we ever get a delinquent isekai protagonist? Why do we only ever get herbavore male selfinsert garbage? I want my isekai protag sporting a pompadour

Attached: FUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRK.gif (330x192, 468K)

mangadex.org/title/20982/yankee-wa-isekai-de-seirei-ni-aisaremasu

You didn't look very hard, did you

>They get to escape
Van should have killed-killed the two chicks. Especially if those two are that important to the dps.

Wheres the pompadour mother fucker

In the garbage, where it belongs.

That's a nice cover. Wonder if the LN will be translated.

Attached: ebtrryfvaaeac9w.jpg (768x1086, 295K)

The WN is translated, so I doubt anyone would bother doing the LN unless it gets licensed.

yeah
well
fuck you

you're not supposed to dump people you still value

Nagai Koto Nagai koto
No manga tho but really like it

Another dose of fuckwit isekai princes today as well

Attached: c30.jpg (1359x1920, 593K)

We was spoiled and seemed to think he could have his cake and eat it.

I wish that'd update more often.

Virgin likes girl but awakens his inner Chad and bangs every girl until he dies

He realize early that he fucked up for choosing the imouto over FeMC. Magician is a pretty cool dude tho.

Attached: dragon bride.png (1384x2048, 1.43M)

Shiki a cute!

Attached: .png (824x456, 355K)

Makoto a shit!

>THE END
FUCK

Attached: n26.png (1116x1600, 526K)

I wish I could marry an all powerful dragon. Or demon lord. It'd feel so good to be swept up in their arms haha

>Axed

Why am I not surprised

>It'd feel so good to be swept up in their arms haha

Attached: c12.jpg (1359x1920, 529K)

Imma be real with you user
I want an akuyaku reijou to kabedon and princess carry me

Attached: 1462252606712.png (256x256, 54K)

Why do I desire something that does not exist? It's not fair...

Attached: 1567531712931.png (368x600, 347K)

A carnivore.

Attached: niku5.png (411x433, 149K)

She is no true ohohoho.

What did he ever see in her sister holy shit.

He thought since it's eMC's imouto he thought she's just as well manner so either one is okay. Oh how wrong was he

Season 2 when? I want to see the incredibly attractive Diablo animated.

Attached: 1568472066020.png (1181x1748, 1.23M)

dude, you have your own threads

We didn't really need to continue the thread past these posts

Scheming entitled and spoiled brat

Attached: spoiled brat.png (1384x2048, 1.65M)

It's on-topic here.

Sauce me brothers

those tits tho.

here i'm waiting two hours till that talkshow thing for shield hero where they'll talk a bit more about the anime. Though i'll have to be checking twitter since it's not streamed.

Quality family bantz, the Shiki bullying begins.

Attached: 1561397489626.jpg (844x1086, 228K)

Attached: 1543785897352.jpg (286x314, 22K)

Rokka no yuusha?

Being made by a westerner
Japs simply cannot into good isekai

Name a good recent one then nig

There aren't any, westerners don't much care to make them but it is a fact that the classic western isekais are better than any jap isekai

Attached: mino.png (437x429, 51K)

kumo manga takes too long to get to the good parts, autistic low level survival against brainless monsters isn't fun for years and years at a time

>jojo but an isekai

Jojo is an isekai

i miss the old threads minofag
i really do

Slave Harem in the Labyrinth

i dropped this when the 20 chapter side story happened. Do I skip it?

i skipped every side story and by the end everything was a bloody mess,a bunch of fags getting the center stage while kumo gets dogshite

Someone whose flaws are illustrated and brought forth to their fullest extent by the setting. The protag's ensuing demise leaves him a better, but broken, man when he returns home.

Attached: yankee.jpg (287x475, 43K)

suffering fags need to get the rope

That's isekai??

Danitz best sidekick

They want to suffer vicariously because they're too cowardly to do it themselves.

Make something out of being from another world instead of it being used as the occasional plot device.
No cheats, blessing from divinities, stepping on a rare deus ex machina like 10 chapters in.
If there has to be a harem at least build it slowly instead of forcing new people into it at every new arc like they're pokemons.
Build a personality that isn't good two shoes mc shounen or edgy C. Huuni sir VENGEANCE.
And finally FOCUS, if the protagonist has a set goal then follow that goal instead of being side-tracked for like 99% of the story.

There's an ancient sci fi novel about the world's dumbest army private driving a top secret time machine prototype cross country during a storm. He hits a bump and the time machine takes him to the distant past. He takes full advantage of his situation and goes full Cortez on the poor Aztecs and sets himself up as a god

Man I wish I could remember what the story was called, it was a unique experience reading that as a kid

But why would he soul kill the two people of the group he didn't want to perma kill? He's not a soulless murderer like Ainz.

the side stories are critical to understanding the overarching plot
skipping them is for ADD retards

nigger that was when the fucking MTL cunt who i forgot the name was churning out 4 chapters a day and i could barely read that mumbo jumbo, so forgive me for not wanting to know about the side fags.

Story went to shit after Kumoko reached the surface

A high body count, apparently

Most of the popular MCs in recent years have been mass murderers

I don't know but it has your fix of Yuusha Aztec Batman and aztec cities being ravaged by demons

oh fuck
was that turbo or blast

Turbo, there was like a week period where he was dropping 5 chapters a day and shit got so bad i could FEEL the brain rot.

>Incest

Keeping the noble bloodline pure I see

Attached: a13.png (650x918, 627K)

Recommend me isekai LNs or manga where I can indulge in the fantasy of marrying a powerful dragon or demon lord. I need more of this delicious self-insert bait.

>your everyday student or overworked office worker
>start out with cheat or junk holy gift (that turns out to be overpowerd)
>gets slave who wants to be a slave that can never oppose MC (because logic and instant loyalty) bonus point if MainCharacther installs a failsafe like magic slav neckshackel or magic tatoo
>beating the corrupted lord or powerful suprise demon
>GASP! MC is the most powerful the guild or kingdom have ever seen!!
>MC decides its a good ide to lay low, only to do shit that stands out
>MC is stronger then the BBEG, Welp, guess what now MC have to beat anicent evil demon/dragon/god
>MC gets powerup because new BBEG is to strong, powerup is often stumbling upon uber lost weapon, combinding skills to make a bullshit cheat. or just downright "i have the same power as a god, so i just now made a power to counter your power!!" "NANI!"

more isekai writers need to play D&D or some shit, would rather see an MC trying to do shit and failing, then a MC that can just bulldose thru everything

harems are fine i guess

Attached: 04.jpg (136x188, 11K)

go read western stuff if you want d&d and suffering

What could go wrong?

Attached: incest.jpg (696x342, 37K)

Good isekai manga

why not both?

Attached: 1558708064116.jpg (1280x1905, 973K)

A villainous noble lady attempting to expose their family's money fraud which led to exposing their incestuous relationship as well

Protagonist is a psycopath
youtu.be/9aEfKT9Qv04

begone chink reader

Demon lord
novelupdates.com/series/akuyaku-reijo-nanode-rasubosu-o-katte-mimashita/
mangadex.org/title/16801/in-another-world-i-m-called-the-black-healer
vndb.org/v3319
Dragon
novelupdates.com/series/mezametara-chikashitsu-tensei-shoujo-no-yume-no-saki/
novelupdates.com/series/the-white-cat-that-swore-vengeance-was-just-lazing-on-the-dragon-kings-lap/
novelupdates.com/series/my-sister-told-me-to-give-up-my-fiance/
Dragon blood
novelupdates.com/series/outaishihi-ni-nante-naritakunai/
novelupdates.com/series/return-of-the-female-knight/

Fpbp

fuck off cunts

>"go read western stuff"
>never fucking namedrops anything, ever
Fuck you
That said i going to namedrop something myself, but if its good or not its up to you: The salvation war
Basically, god is actually a huge dick said the gates of heaven are closed and hell will come to earth to kill everyone, George W. Bush answer to that was to fight back, it turns into a war between 21th century armies and a bronze age tier army of super roid gorillas with wings, spoilers the demons get stomped inmedietly, and its great
Its basically GATE but in hell (and later heaven) and it has a few issues, inevitable fedora tiping every so often, a literal tranny on a leash as a character (but you can just skip most of it), and finally its missing the final part of the trilogy, and its never going to be a third part, (legal issues or money issues, im not sure myself) but i suppose its the price to pay to read about demons shitting themselves in fear when they encounter the Sarin cloud

metaworld chronicles
a hero's war

You are a scholar and a true gentleman, thank you.

Attached: salute.jpg (1920x1080, 223K)

>Zeno banged this

Attached: kuro.png (1197x1700, 928K)

This. Van maybe insane Lovecraftian horror but his no soulless person who will kill fancy for shit. Everything he do there reason for it.

>“To be able to protect your vital points from rays of light released at almost point-blank distance… You monster,” Vandalieu
That's not so convincing coming from you.

>stage play announced
no other info yet.

Attached: EEkrTskU0AIcSql.jpg (615x606, 90K)

Stop lewding old men.

Attached: miradakimakura.jpg (500x783, 378K)

That artist should make a manga adaptation of that. Isekai'd into the body of a bhaalspawn while knowing the plot when?

Old men look like THAT?

They really want to grow that family.

Bertia-sama a cute

Attached: Z2 (2).png (2394x1700, 1.63M)

>Rachel and Ole ended.
Whoa Otome series sure know when to appropriately end shit.

Bakarina need not apply.

Attached: prison-life-v2-11.png (628x895, 402K)

That elevate Bertia above Bakarina.

Attached: %E4%B9%99%E5%A5%B3%E3%82%B2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0%E3%81%AE%E7%A0%B4%E6%BB%85%E3%83%95%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B0% (931x1323, 302K)

Bertia's end is decent too.
Her son always tried to steal her from his own father, only in being tricked in redirecting his love towards his little sister as soon as she is born.

>Son wanted to fuck his mom later moved on to wanting to fuck his imouto

I'm okay with this

The kingdom's doomed. Heroina did nothing wrong.

The kingdom will still be okay for 1 generation if the son decided to fuck and impregnate his imouto. Anything after that the royal family should start worrying

cute, CUTE!

Attached: y10.jpg (1425x2046, 1005K)

shieldhero-stage.scissors-blitz.jp/
it'll be this march and april apparently.

I wonder if they actually do have that kind of effect on their species. And when is Mio going to be shown eating a banana?

Attached: 020.jpg (844x1200, 698K)

>And when is Mio going to be shown eating a banana?
Never. She's hell-bent at only eating Makoto's banana.

She might want to practice, and she does like tasting new foods even if none will compare to tasting Makoto's.

>Dat biological warfare trump card
Doesnt he kill one of the power rangers?

Why doesnt Mio make a chibi of her own?

Half kill him, big R merges him with a fragment of the demon lord .

>rapey creepshow

She wants more of Makoto inside her first.

Attached: the-twelve-kingdoms-84e428e7-ea61-4fad-814b-6b022e37c6d-resize-750.jpg (576x842, 94K)

There's no rape in that. She just sold her body instead of renting it to others.

BIG SPIDER MILF TITS

Attached: Shiro and the Kidz.jpg (974x1200, 305K)

Van functions on very simple logic, they didn't help set his mom on fire=no reason to kill them.

It's a fucking creepshow. The beginning of that sex scene when he just starts coming onto "his property" makes my skin crawk.

Well, the one who raped and the one who refuse to have sex is three generation apart.

To me, someone who carries a walking stick that is actually a weapon. Apparent reliance on it for balance is optional.

It doesn't take her long to start enjoying it, but I wonder if the next slave will be any different at the beginning. And there wasn't any coming onto his property, it was into his property, that was part of the point in buying a non-human.

spider something something black widow or something.

Attached: zabuzabu.jpg (950x1364, 609K)

You might not like it, but most anons on Yea Forums would do the same thing as Michio as soon as they get isekai'd.

I'd at least wait a few days after purchase, and maybe pick someone different, but the general idea would be the same.

>It doesn't take her long to start enjoying it...
>A rapist's fantasy

Someone who fights for his harem above all else.

Attached: Yes, it's technically isekai see volumes 6.5 and 7.5.png (1100x1536, 1.39M)

Happily accepting sex from tall onee-san type. Translations when?

Attached: imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-9Q2fE7GuoyaAJQm.jpg (1780x2522, 1.22M)

Nah bruh I'll totally emancipate the slaves are create a free democratic states. I ain't some faggot nips, I'll civilise isekai land.

What's this?

>Not using your isekai mc status/powers to actually win a girl.
Sad and pathetic

His powers are at least part of what makes them start liking him.

Makenshi no Maken Niyoru Maken no Tame no Harem Life

Attached: 63b71dd1d67be968e271541a7ad0a02724.png (890x1264, 368K)

>"I'll civilise isekai land."
>Isekai land is actually civilized
>losing purpose
>suicide

Should have started from the "start likng him" part. Also do away with slaveshit.

Fuck yeah new slave harem chapter

Attached: v14.jpg (1200x1733, 840K)

Slavery was pretty fucking normal throughout history, deal with it.

Not guilty enough to not do it again with the other slaves, but I wonder how fast they will be shown to get used to the idea compared to Roxanne.

It's slowly getting caught up with the raws. I wonder if anyone will use the tanks eventually?

Attached: v13.jpg (1200x1733, 1.07M)

Swordfucker in Generic Fantasy Land.

Pepole have dealt with it appropririately. It only still exists in backward shitholes. Deal with that.

And everybody outside the ruling elite hated and tried to get rid of it throughout history

I'll deal with it if there's zero coercion involved, physically, magically, or socially. You can even have them keep the collar on to maintain the appearance of a slave, but if there's any killswitch in play, you're a fucking hypocrite.

In modern times, sure. What does that have to do with a fantasy medieval world? Slavery was common in medieval times. Sure it was mostly outside the christian world but there still were some slaves in christianity too. Christians were also enslaved both by muslims and northern pagans rather regularly.

Slaves still exist even in civilized places, you just don't hear about it because the ones that have slaves are rich folks with enough money to shut up every mouth.

Sasuga Van-sama

Attached: jahywao.png (1140x592, 366K)

>I'll deal with it if there's zero coercion involved, physically, magically, or socially.
>i'll deal with slavery if it's not slavery

Attached: 1406820570630.png (600x409, 268K)

Saucenao isnt giving a result. Name?

>you will never fuck a sword
Why even live?

Age of Odin(novel, not the marvel comic)

mangadex.org/title/36499/i-was-told-to-relinquish-my-fianc-to-my-little-sister-and-the-greatest-dragon-took-a-liking-to-me-and-unbelievably-took-over-the-kingdom

Probably. I haven't read it because I know it'll pisses me off. Though I heard the eventual payoff will be good.

That's why he's shit, he's a eldritch horror and yet he is a cuck and passive bitch when attacked.
Fuck when is overlord coming back and ainz goes crazy again.

Actual hero journey. No deus ex machina bullshit power. Focus on world building and not sucking MC's dick.

This series is so fucking shitty. As shitty as pic related. Otome has reached it's lowest point.

Attached: 38423.jpg (1030x1457, 1020K)

pure political movement. Marry her sister to please her family.

Neo-otome really is trash. Protip: if your "heroine" is evil, your series is automatically shitty.

The next chapter starts with washing. And why are people complaining about Sherry being added? They knew it was coming from the first chapter.

Attached: 002.jpg (969x1400, 273K)

>michiofags think they are chad
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I found the fanbase worse than overlord.

I read raw only. Hentai is more enjoyable when you don’t learn how cringe and edgy mc is.

Tsukasa and Kite from .hack are good though

Thanks

How is he edgy?

Eh, Rem's aunt does suck his dick and swallow later on.

Classic Rod

Why her when there are ones who needed to do it much earlier?

>What makes a good isekai author?
ftfy. And one that doesn't give cheats or hacks to MC.

Except that's not isekai.

I want an anime just for the doujins.

Bertia has prime quality drills.

Doujins about respecting old men I would hope.

No. hardcore handholding and cuddling.

But that's just a 30-50 year old salaryman, who is also a who-knows-how-old gramps, who is also his own OC 2D best-girl waifu himself.

sci-fi isekai when
so sick of the generic rpg and dnd shit

I've found a couple but they're all very chink and very soft sci-fi.

>He doesn't read Evil Lord yet...

Well she's asking for it.
Consent is a real turn off for nips.

novelupdates.com/nauthor/mishima-yomu/
Their two most recent series are Sci-Fi.

100% agree with you, which is why the first thing I do after being isekai’d and obtaining godly powers is enslave all the Michio wannabes and sell them as sex slaves to fat, disgusting nobles. This, I’m certain, they will happily accept, since slavery is perfectly normal in this world. Besides, I’m sure that even the most hypocritical among them will be singing a different tune once they learn to enjoy being bumfucked every night.

>He's not a soulless murderer like Ainz.
>implying a literal cuck is somehow better

>not starting to conquer the stars after unifying the world
How pitiful is your life?

Pretty sure this is the one where a literal Japanese WWII war criminal/hero gets isekai'ed after he dies of old death. Of course he gets a new body and all.

Literally what Makoto would do to his bow if it can transform.

Fpbp

Better than incel for life

I'm pretty sure every craftsman would marry their tool of the trade if they could turn into beautiful women.

False. Slavery was considered normal and the majority of people never gave it a second thought. From a social point of view slavery was a step forward from the previous state of affairs, instead of slaughtering defeated opponents you enslaved them instead.
Slavery was only abolished after the industrial revolution when new machinery made slaves more expensive than hired free labour.

But most of isekai protags are modern people coming from a 1st world country. It's too weird that they can accept slavery to easily. Maybe it's a Japanese thing that I can't understand, but I am sure people from the West would at least try to liberate the slaves instead of just blindly accept the status quo.

I won't be surprised if it does transform eventually, if the author starts writing again.

>all the Michio wannabes
I think freeing their slaves and letting pass judgement on their former owners sounds better, like a karmic revenge.

One person against the world doesn't work well when killing everyone isn't an option.

But he didn't have his former life's memory.

>Slavery was considered normal and the majority of people never gave it a second thought.
Is that why Roman slaves rebelled on regular basics?

No, most people simply wouldn't give a fuck.

You don't do it alone, you find your like-minded comrades and form a liberation front.

I was talking specifically about MCs who buy slave heroines and want to treat them as equals while still keeping the killswitches active.

If they were defeated opponents, they're still holding grudges. It takes a special skill to erase said hostility (into despair or comradery, either or).

Michio gets that removed from his, except for Roxanne who doesn't want to live if he dies. Sherry is smarter, and also doesn't kill him to be free.

I want to fuck a spider.

>either there is a legendary weapon concealed in it or its just used to great effect because the character is a grandmaster.

Yea Forums:
>Slavery was abolished in the first world ages ago!
>Anyone in the western world would have an aversion to slavery!
>Oh great it's another "The ruling class are corrupt and participate in sex slavery"
>Slavery and especially sex slavery is such an over used trope. It's so comically unrealistic I simply can't take it seriously!
reality:
>pic related

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1200x627, 164K)

Slaves didn't like being slaves but they considered the institution of slavery itself normal. Prisoners don't like being in prison but even prisoners who riot or escape don't want to abolish the concept of imprisonment as punishment for crimes.

Just grab her tits, you have a 50% chance of her either falling unconscious or eating you alive.

Nah brah, nobody would really care unless they were somehow being enslaved.

Is it still 'sex slavery' if the slaves are paid thousands of dollars to do it and are free to go afterwards? The whole furore over human trafficking and #metoo is just feminists being unable to accept that some women are whores.

Attached: sexworker in another world.jpg (187x269, 15K)

I’ll take those odds

I'm not sure she's built up resistance against my dick, tho.

Attached: 9c9.jpg (1307x528, 368K)

me too bro

Attached: 6a2cae77bc0335ebd133e6132d12df15.jpg (1000x666, 411K)

Prisons exist to maintain social order and rehabilitate criminals, which is good for everyone. Slavery exists to keep the elite ruling class in wealth and power by oppressing and exploiting slaves. No way any educated person would consider it normal.

The keyword is "slave", meaning they can't choose. What you are describing is a job.

Story only got better after Kumo left powergrindan donjon crawl

Attached: 1543783617970.jpg (1479x1200, 558K)

When can lewd shoujo isekai be more common?

Attached: Z25.png (1353x1920, 2.47M)

She’ll no doubt devour you after coitus anyway, its what arachnids do.

>It's too weird that they can accept slavery to easily. Maybe it's a Japanese thing that I can't understand,

Japan never had slavery as an institution, which is why they don't understand it. The slaves in Isekai are mostly pretty girls, wear collars and are used for sex and domestic chores. Basically they are mixing historical slavery with BDSM roleplay.
Westerners don't really understand slavery either, they just know the historical fantasy version of slavery set in the American south where whites are evil oppressors and blacks innocent victims. Reality is always more complex.

Attached: Z26.png (1353x1920, 3.18M)

>No way any educated person would consider it normal.
you can read the personal accounts of 1800s American slave owners and how they danced around the morality despite their education level or love of the idea of freedom.
npr.org/2018/11/26/670803601/a-founding-contradiction-thomas-jeffersons-stance-on-slavery
>Prisons exist to...rehabilitate criminals
lol. can't even take this one seriously.

Reminder that all those cute girls that aren't Sophia or Shiro are actually puppets used by fist-sized spiders.

>historical fantasy version of slavery set in the American south
What part of it is fantasy?

Slave owners found it normal because it benefited them. Other people don't.

Yes, and?

Attached: Vol10_Illustration_1.jpg (750x1194, 151K)

your conflating normal and approved of. Britain built it's empire on the backs of slaves over hundreds of years. while most citizens would enjoy the product of it without too much objection.
like how factory farming is normal but when asked most people would probably say having a cow live it's entire life inside a truck sized box isn't ethical.

1. That whites captured the slaves. The reality is the slaves were captured in Africa by blacks and sold to other blacks, whites and arabs.
2. That the slave owners in America were white. The reality is that the slave owners were white, jewish, native american and other blacks.
3. That slaves were uniquely mistreated. Slaves were mistreated but so was everyone else. For example slaves were whipped as punishment, but whipping was a common punishment at the time, servants and soldiers were often whipped as well.
4. That slaves were freed due to enlightenment political ideals. The reality is that slavery as an institution only died during the industrial revolution when it was economically cheaper to hire free workers who could be trusted to run machinery. The anti slavery wars of the British Empire and American North were essentially wars to dominate less industrialised economic rivals. The institution of slavery would have died naturally without those wars simply due to economic factors.

Basically a messy history is turned into a fictionalised good vs evil story.

why does it always devolve into arguing about slavery?

Isn't everyone basically just a puppet controlled by a brain? That's just one more step away.

Probably because isekai authors love slavery too much and anons get offended by it.

The only relevant arguments should be which slaves to purchase first, and how long to wait until having sex with them.

Attached: 1547608482777.jpg (1500x1086, 456K)

Attached: 1481648425468.png (344x506, 124K)

Slavery is just repurposed imprisonment, so the overarching theme is: what should be done about criminals?

probably because a lot of kids on this board have a lot of naive ideas about history. regardless of what country you're from compulsory education has a lot of propaganda in it.

Reform them to become better people?

Because some anons would wholeheartedly welcome slavery as long as they were the ones in power and gets them mindlessly devoted women like in Isekai.

for most that's either impossible or not worth the investment.

Don't forget we are on mostly American website.

Because slavery is a scissor statement. No one actually approves of slavery but left wingers feel that right wingers want to bring it back and right wingers feel that left wingers are using it as justification for their anti-white racism.

Recently Elon Musk found a way.

What if she was originally from a non-isekai but became an isekai?

Attached: Isekai Protagonist.jpg (1128x1618, 432K)

Drilling holes into peoples heads and controlling them with computers isn't reforming them. It is pretty much just slavery 2.0.

That's not a bridge I think we should cross.

But the purpose isn't to turn them into properties. It's to make them better individuals.

And that approach captures half of the appeal of all stories: that some wrongs are not irreversible and can be fixed.

To write any story is to make your argument for either half.

>magical Mozart explodes heads with facts and logic
That's one fun way to kill people.

Yes, turn them in good obedient little citizens that don't question things.

Ok yeah that makes sense.
>i'll marry my fiance's sister instead to please the duke's family since they seem to want to change the engagement
>surely the sister is as well mannered and proper as her older sister is
>oh fuck she's a spoiled and entitled brat
>hopefully it's not too late to change?
>oh shit the elder sister already became the dragon's bride
>my only escape from the torment i am engaged to is ironically the heaps of work it caused me
>oh shit the dragon is real
>the elder sister is alive and doesn't want to come back
Well hopefully they wont kick the hornet's nest to try something stupid such as taking the elder sister back for some stupid reason

>NOOOOOOOOO, LIGHT ISN'T BOTH WAVE AND PARTICLE, THAT'S A LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>*BOOOOOOOOOOM*
Hoping the whole lesbian knight lady wooing thing goes somewhere.

What series?

Throne of Magical Arcana

They should fear the day he decides to teach advanced quantum mechanics.

Oh he's planning on getting there, so many people are going to have their heads explode it's gonna be hilarious.

Not sure about the kingdom but the retarded wizard wants to steal her away from the Dragon for himself. Never mind that he had plenty of time before all of this to woo her and would have succeeded.

I'm hoping he comes back as musician at some point to play Dies Irae

>Prisons exist to maintain social order and rehabilitate criminals,
The /philosophical basis/ for modern criminal systems is that by making undesirable behavior more costly so that fewer people will be motivated to do them.
Prisons and other punishments for criminal law DO NOT exist to reform prisoners, keep criminals from performing more crime, or whatever other fanciful notions you might have. They exist because no one takes threats seriously when they aren't enforced.

If common otome tropes are to be believed, he'll get beaten then give up and settle for being near her. Then the next one will come, and the next, and the next.

>and rehabilitate criminals
I too live in fairytale land, the only reason criminals don't just get tossed into a body of water with cement shoes on is because the people would shed crocodile tears over it.

I actually agree with this stance only because I believe the person that wants to commit crime should be aware of all non-criminal avenues to take; once the damage is done, they've thrown away whatever trust they've gathered up to then.

Tanya is the best isekai protagonist by far.

Attached: 57598.jpg (800x450, 260K)

Addendum: this also assumes the law is not using false premises and that no one is mislabeled a criminal for manpower to waste proving otherwise. If you commit a crime knowing you wholeheartedly agreed to the law and still want to defy it, that is all on you.

Best ancap

>no one takes threats seriously when they aren't enforced.
Indeed, that's why everyone pirates despite it being illegal.

>only reason criminals don't just get tossed into a body of water with cement shoes
also because retrial is no joke.

The anime is somewhere in my backlog but the novel certainly isn't. I dropped it after the first volume because to get to the end of it I had to force myself.

>>has a track record of killing way stronger enemies than her through ingenuity and determination
So, asspulls on a mary sue character?

>They exist because no one takes threats seriously when they aren't enforced.
Most people are psychopaths. You don't need to be threatened by the law to stop yourself from hurting others.

>You don't need to be threatened by the law to stop yourself from hurting others.
My god, are you a toddler? If there's no sword hanging over people's neck that would stop them from robbing whoever they think they could get away with robbing we'd be stuck in a era of warlords where the only law is kill or be killed. Punishments give people tangible reasons to not be assholes to strangers, not something as intangible as "let's just be nice, guys".

>The reality is the slaves were captured in Africa by blacks and sold to other blacks, whites and arabs.
As a way to survive. When you make yourself useful, it's a little less likely that you'll end up beaten in chains yourself. Had they not done that, the slaves would've been extracted by other means.

>servants and soldiers were often whipped as well
For not doing their jobs, to which they agreed to. Slaves were whipped for not being obedient SLAVES, to which they never agreed in the first place.

>when it was economically cheaper to hire free workers
Excuse me?

>Tanya is the best isekai protagonist by far
Close, but not quite. Tanya is too engrossed with MUH SONZAI EKUSU! (yea, I know the anime overexaggerated that aspect, but still...) so I prefer some of the other adult salarymen isekai MCs instead.

Attached: RimuruGothic.jpg (466x512, 243K)

having a realistic MC. whats the point of having a character get isekaied if they fit in better in the fantasy world then the world they came from

Attached: 1518405274126.jpg (1280x720, 198K)

Charity is a thing, you see. And by your logic, humanity should have gone extinct long before laws were invented.

Slime just has a really bland and boring character, Tanya has a few flaws atleast, even if she is also quite OP, which makes her more interesting.

Attached: tanya.jpg (1637x905, 142K)

>I think freeing their slaves and letting pass judgement on their former owners sounds better, like a karmic revenge.
Good way to waste your time only to get slapped in the face like Lance did after he "freed" Ralphilia.

Is this
>novelupdates.com/series/my-sister-told-me-to-give-up-my-fiance/
this ?

He's a recurring character after this volume.

>As a way to survive.
OK dude. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_contemporary_Africa
>Excuse me?
He's right tho. That *is* why slavery fell out of fashion. If you have slaves you have to cover their cost of living and if you wear slaves out you're losing the money you spent buying them.
People specializing in cheap food and housing can provide them more cheaply than you and back when labor laws weren't a thing you could wear out your workers, easily replace ones that died, and fired and easily replace ones that became disabled.

>Slime just has a really bland and boring character,
I didn't realize he had characterization.

Because he only freed her body, her mind was still that of a slave that obeyed Shield's will. You must free both to make them independent people.

Are you sure naofumi should be the one judged when Raphtalia had multiple masters?

Judge them all.

Honestly this

>when it was economically cheaper to hire free workers
>Excuse me?
after lab grown meat becomes the norm people are going to look back at us and think we were barbarians and hypocrites. but for now we're content with putting aside the moral questionably because it tastes good.

A SPIDER IS FINE TOO

>Charity is a thing, you see.
Charity in the sense you're using it is an Enlightenment era invention.
>And by your logic, humanity should have gone extinct long before laws were invented.
I spent 2 minute trying to figure out an appropriate repose to this. It's a stunning strawman.

Any chance you live in Australia?

More than fine.

Attached: 1559095516282.jpg (942x423, 129K)

>killing everyone isn't an option
Well that's where you're wrong.

Attached: 55181953_p0.png (1800x2000, 2.57M)

not really fair Caim has a dragon wife to help him with his murder boner

It's usually a solution, but often not the most desirable result.

That kingdom indeed ended up doing something very stupid.
In the WN at least.

Welcome to Mrs. Edwina'a garage sell anything you like?

>not the most desirable result
For you maybe.

He ends with those travel notes later they're the strongest magic item he owns.

Anyone know some good otome isekais like kenkyo kenjitsu, I just want a nice well written story like that. I know it has the isekai gimmick, but I like that it's less "gimmicky" compared to others where they just shove a gimmick in there and constantly go back to referencing it. Plus she's a interesting character that isn't just a complete mary sue.

Can creeping hunger use demigod characteristics?

I do not recall but it gets upgraded later and definitely can afterwords. Not that he's had it eat one yet.

>t. anime-only (first-draft reader at best) secondary

>first-draft reader at best
Yee. WN-only reader. I dropped it around chapter 130.

>What makes a good isekai protagonist?
being female

Bruh, in DoD2, when forced to choose between who they're gonna kill to stop the apocalypse, the fucking retard and his crew picked the flying, fire-breathing angel analogue lizard over the scary, sword-wielding man in flipflops because the lizard was the lesser threat. Caim doesn't fucking need Angelus to murder millions, on foot, with his sword.

>Harem

Attached: 1346092829459.png (389x255, 7K)

And everything costs a shitload too, to the point where Audrey would feel her purse hurt if she was buying stuff from her.

>slave harem goblins ruin another thread
you stupid fucks have your own for a reason

>For not doing their jobs, to which they agreed to.

Servants were often indentured and the soldiers press ganged. It wasn't a 'job' and they didn't agree to it.

Shini Yasui, as long as you can handle the fact that it's more of a adventure story than anything.

But that's nothing alike, and its complete garbage too.

Having a personality more complicated than that of a generic high school student or otaku, having goals and the will to go for them...so basically the kinds of things that make a good character in any other story.

A self insert with no agency who just drifts from one plot point to the next doesn't make for a very compelling protagonist.

KYS

It gets shit once she completely stops using her fan though. Somehow the way everyone treats her as this "queen" while at the same time sort of treating her like a mascot seems contradictory. And somehow the male "top dogs" are assaulted constantly by love-struck ones and such, but somehow JUST FOR HER everyone becomes a super beta and cannot approach her.

>Yee. WN-only reader. I dropped it around chapter 130.
See? Secondary and "pre-alphafag". The only credible sources are LN and to an extent - the manga.

>“From now on, all those who wish to defeat Liam will naturally gather around you! The darkness of the Empire will rally at your call to kill him! Consolidate them together as your power!”
Did the Guide just enable Liam to take out all of the trash in one go?

Well, Yea Forums?
Where's your isekai? You ARE writing, arent you?

Take this.

Attached: knockoff.png (526x360, 8K)

WTF? You guys said to me that this girl is a doormat? But As far I can see she is a Stacy

Attached: Q22.png (650x918, 543K)

>She's not super OP so it sucks!
this is why isekai threads suck.

Watching someone get pushed around for chapters on end is tedious.

There was one part where she was basically just a miserable buttmonkey of the story and felt repetetive and boring, but it just didn't have any progress. It felt stale and slow at one point. And there where at least two times where she started to act but then was "cockblocked" by MUH EMPEROR. Also the interaction with Heroine's family were kinda just repeating themselves endlessly. Also I didn't see the point I mentioned earlier to be adressed anywhere, but nice strawman.

i want her to step on me but i guess i'll have to wait until they finish stepping on her...

>wtf, why doesn't this woman I raped want to be my wife
The densest male lead in a non-shoujo/josei thing I've ever seen.

Powerlevel monkies like you should just stick to your generic haremshit.
Those of us who actually enjoy interesting stories have better things to do instead of power wanking about how super sugoi our precious generic MC is.
I think the new overlord chapter just released, maybe that's more up your alley.

Attached: 1543982125491.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

What's interesting about watching Reika get pushed around and treated as a buttmonkey for 100+ chapters?

>entire school got isekai'd to America

Attached: n10.png (1125x1700, 962K)

i can't believe he's directly extorting those students for money to help his sick mother.
kireicake has gone too far this time.

I think I fell in love with this design.

This lost belongs in a museum.

>her mind was still that of a slave that obeyed Shield's will
Oh yeah! I totally forgot the DEVIL SHIELD is evil and has brainwashing powers!!! Sorry I thought your opinion was trash when it was just

God supports slaves?

Attached: n7.png (1125x1600, 722K)

as long as it doesn't include his chosen people he probably won't send in the rains of fire and rivers of blood

To be fair, you need to have an IQ over 100+ to be able to enjoy Reika-sama. So it seems to be beyond your meager capabilities.

Is Reika the 'it's good because it's classic' of otome?
Hell, even author gave up on it.

>OH MY GOSH! Le truck ran me over EL OH EL!!~ SOOO QUIRKY XDD
>OMGG I'm totally in a DIFFERNT WORLD and totallyyyy not a VIDEO GAME~~!!
>OH MY!!, my strength and intellect stats are 10,00,000,00,00,000,00 !!!~~ Thanks Mrs. Goddess-sama!! :D :D :D
>SLAVERY?!?!?!?!? No no no that's wrong!! My honorable Japanese heritage forbids it !!
>Oh? A bunny eared girl? Say no more, Mr. Slave Dealer, I'll buy Twenty~!! >:)
>A woman wants sex? EEEEEEEEHHHH??!~~ HUUUHHH??!~ HAA?? *panic* No way, no way!!! Not my sacred virginity, you can't~!!! D: D:
>Oh? I'm basically god in this new world filled with interesting stuff??? Better cry and do everything I can to return home to my NEET life! XDD

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAH.jpg (1920x1080, 142K)

please tell me this guy didn't stop doing H stuff to go full legit.

A harem ensures a healthy and diverse gene pool of offsprings.

Only if the MC is properly making offspring with them.

Attached: 013_1496763846.jpg (836x1200, 594K)

>you will never steal Satou's girls away from him and give them the love the deserve
Fuck this gay author.

More focus on SoL and making life and less combat is what it needed.

Otomege reincarnation stories are based on Shoujo Manga tropes. Reika Sama actually involves reincarnation inside a Shoujo Manga and there are lots of Shoujo Manga tropes.
But most importantly characters are believable. Ofcourse, Kaburagi(Otomege prince guy equivalent) would still fall in love with Wakaba(heroine character), but they won't act like convenient otomege tropes towards Reika. Kaburagi's love towards Wakaba is one sided because there is no convenient Reika to create trouble and bring them together. Also, most of the characters are people not present in original Shoujo Manga she reincarneted to. The characters are not fucking templates. Also, we learn how dumb Kaburagi is, when we see a Shoujo Manga character from another point of view. I am rooting for ending with Oniisamas friend.

The only thing I don't understand is how is Reika not top of her class(considering her actual age)

>Chose to marry the sister sight unseen due to a simple letter request
The entire situation speaks very poorly to the prince's ability to do his job in general. You'd think he'd at least take a trip down there to figure out exactly wtf the change was about.in person.

fpbp

What a fucking bitch

Attached: n5.png (1125x1600, 860K)

He should have stayed in the other world.

Attached: the.jpg (480x300, 17K)

>to the point where Audrey would feel her purse hurt if she was buying stuff from her.
Nah, Audrey is filthy rich. Klein's entire assets even after he becomes rich it's just a tenth of Audrey's fortune.

Because
1. the worlds aren't identical so history and a lot of minor subjects change
2. because most people forget about high school shit the moment they leave high school. I have a high level understanding of what I went over in high school, but beyond the stuff I use in day to day life like math, I forgot most of the rest of it. Fuck if I remember the first thing about chemistry or which chinese dynasty introduced the ban on Christianity

I want one that actually looks for ways to visit his home world.

Meanwhile on TNE: author finally posted the first half of the epilogue and now we wait for translations. It also has the worst recommended/purchased ratio in the history of paid TNE chapters. Hopefully because of readers being angry it took author so long to write it and not because of quality.

Attached: Sahyuk_sketch_24.jpg (2687x3794, 538K)

i wonder if hajin had copied the effect of male enhancement medicines cause he might need it.

Wait user i got a question, does hajin still have unbearably high luck even after he was stripped of everything?

Well, considering that everything seems to end well for him, probably. It's not explained explicitly so far.

What is the most interesting isekai power you can think of?

Angry highness is out.

A Chinese Murderhobo

Attached: 98gw62cv80vz.png (2518x1024, 469K)

They exist.

Attached: 1528863321802.png (225x253, 35K)

Just what happened to drossy before letty took over?

Why has there been such a huge rise in parenting stories in isekai/fantasy lately?

Attached: z9.jpg (844x1200, 408K)

Needs the dick.

Needs a dick.

Technically speaking aside from administrators/gods every living being in that world is ruled by the same rules.
Everyone can become as strong as her with enough time.
And everytime she outsmarts an enemy she's doing it fair (at least by that world's rules). Even the enemy in the last fight managed to made an asspull but also playing with the same rules as spider.

Bad shit by the look of it.

Most Japs will never be parents and their clock is ticking.

>Ding Lingdang said, as if it were nothing, “I brought all of the girls that were interested in you to the front of a giant rock, blew the rock into pieces with a single punch, and told them that you are, in fact, my boyfriend and whoever hits on you will end like that rock.”
Top cavewoman.

What did they talk about?

>black healer
Absolutely a single NEET/OL woman power fantasy but goddamn I am on board with this. B-list Isekino is back on the menu

I kind of lost interest when she murdered that maid and then was just fine about it.

Yeah, it seemed like the author really wanted to rush that part and did it badly. The first time a civilian (who lived in a comfy country) kills should always be traumatic unless they have sociopathic tendencies

this exactly
it's not even morally gray
it was an act of evil

Good isekai where the MC is female/reincarnates as a girl and becomes a villainess/edgy motherfucker? Really liked tanya the evil

Not to mention the ML is completely unlikable.

>willing to change the word for the greater good
>true to himself
>harem just happens or is not needed

>Most Japs will never be parents and their clock is ticking.

It really is the case. I used to fantasise about being rich, fucking models or being important/special in some way. Now I fantasise about a wife and children. (The worse thing is that these are just as out of reach as my previous fantasies).

Gimme a sec someone over on wiki discord tld someone's tweets about it:
[Translations (1st Post): (Okay... way too many notes here...)
Impressions on [The Rising of the Shield Hero] Talk Show:
-The story of the series' anime-calization. (TL Note: Couldn't think of an equivalent term for "comicalization")
-The series creators drank 4 glasses of sake. (TL Note: Glasses or Bottles?)
-I'd like to consult (TL Note: can't think of an appropriate word for now, I'm sorry) your thoughts about the series so do send them to Kinema Citrus Co.
-I'd like to make (TL Note: a word closer of "approaching" but more proactive?) the anime industry less grim. (TL Note: 「ホワイト」in this case is referring to the opposite of a "Black Corporation", do Google it for better understanding)
-I'd like to set up an event (TL Note: something along the lines of an AniFest.) in Japan.
-The overseas (America, Australia, China) popularity of the series is unusually high. (TL Note: More of "unexpectedly" than "unusually")

Translations (2nd Post):
-The character designs were made so that the expected age of the characters as viewed from a westerner's perspective is reduced to the extreme. (The Japanese would honestly think those characters are 24 or 25 year olds)
-A stage play has been confirmed! Viewers of both genders please do attend.
-I didn't expect the event to so squeezy, filled with that many fans.
-The topics regarding the "After Recording Sessions" were very lively. (SNS not included) (TL Note: "SNS" refers to "social media platforms" like Facebook, Twitter & etc.)
cont next post.

Translations (3rd Post):
Personal Thoughts (TL Note: The post writer's, not mine):
-The VA for Myne Bitch did a great job in livening up the event. (TL Note: I can't do it, I can't write Bitch's name without changing it into "Bitch")
-I felt glad at the fact that such an AWESOME show was created, showing the trust between Kadokawa-san & the creators of the Anime. (TL Note: I think "Kadokawa-san" is just Kadokawa corporation?)
-The venue having Sake (TL Note: Alcohol in general?), food and the Izakaya-like-atmosphere really gives this place a similar feeling like being in a concert; I was very excited to be this close to the creators of the Anime.

A villian MC. 99% of all isekais are straight up shonen goody two shoes MCs. I have read them all and I'm tired of seeing the same cliches over and over.

Just going by the worlds setting, they seem to be made slaves for a reason as opposed to ‘raiding villages and enslaving’ that everyone seems so fixated on. How would you enslave the Michigan-wannabes if they aren’t coming a crime or causing trouble?

Would you liberate criminal slaves, debt slaves, or prisoner-of-war slaves that may just go into banditry?

>ywn put your mushroom in Shizuko

Attached: x32.png (1350x1920, 899K)

Why the fuck are translations so fucking SLOW?
I WANT MORE DAMMIT

Why would you want her to get fungal infection?

Now and Then, Here and There
John Carter

Soon.

I get to go to another world soon? Will it be a good one?

Attached: MYSTERY.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

Male protagonists need a fucking personality to stand their ground in their overpowered journey in isekai world. A lot of the stories involving ML often are written specifically for self insert, and they all have horribly bland personality and traditional japanese values of "being modest and never stick out". You honestly cannot tell the difference between one MC to another MC in different story. I think it have a lot to do with the fact that nearly all conflict can be solved by the MC punching things without really thinking things through, there really is no real consequences which the MC need to worry about at all

In case of female protagonist, they are a bit more better because they often are in stories revolving around politics, drama, bitchy/cancerous characters and romance. By nature the protagonist need human interaction and they cannot hold their ground if they simply use bland personality + traditional japanese values for their character trait. They are often the underdog in the story (villainess, banished, the forgotten one) and they have to win support of others through charming others with their personality. That said, their character development beyond their initial personality is often neglected, since the enemies are often self destructive and comically evil, or the supporters of MC will solve the problem for them.

Beyond that, a genuine self contained story/plot will be nice, but that goes into the territory of literary structure.
I honestly think that it is not that isekai is shit, it is that the authors are so fucking shit that they can only copy each other and cannot develop what they are writing.
I just wish there are more isekai protagonist which more than a minimal amount of effort to make, like Rudy, Erica, or Camilla (technically not an isekai but similar story structure)

Anyone else reading The Legendary Mechanic aka Han Xiao god of asspulls? It's pretty fun, sadly not much to talk about.. He got transmigrated as an NPC in an MMO, it's another pseudo-cultivation except it's scifi and that he's a cosmic god of machinery and basically an Omnissiah.

Attached: The-Legendary-Mechanic.jpg (300x400, 16K)

>involving ML
user you read BL?

Sounds so cheesy that its actually fun as fuck

I honestly hate MMO setting most cases though. they try to sell it as if world politics can be shaken through a mere video game

Pain and Suffering. Like Sara and Shuu in 'Now And Then Here And There'

Attached: sara ringwalt 11111 pain and suffering.jpg (320x240, 7K)

not sure if male lead is a term used in BL, but no

To my understanding BLs are just disguised shoujo with a feminine protagonist as bottom and dominant bad boy as top so I dont think it would be too different however.

>I honestly hate MMO setting most cases though. they try to sell it as if world politics can be shaken through a mere video game
So far theirs none I think, except for the players competitiveness and country background no one really mentions the real world. All they talk about is how great Han Xiao is nad how he's the best NPC in the game.

>I honestly hate MMO setting most cases though. they try to sell it as if world politics can be shaken through a mere video game
So far there's none I think, except for the players competitiveness and country background no one really mentions the real world. All they talk about is how great Han Xiao is and how he's the best NPC in the game.

>all pirates want to bang Edwina
And she isn't even a demoness

>nobody has written my yuri isekai where a human girl falls in love with a demoness and becomes her right hand girl, ruling over humanity and demon-kind with her girlfriend's iron fist
Why do I have to write my own fantasies fuck off do it for me

Male lead is used everywhere where MC's love interest is male, or that's how i understood

>look for random stuff on novelupdates to read
>those random chinese cultivation stories with 3000+ chapters
How do they do it?

Mage and Demon Queen is about as close as you're going to get

There is actually a webtoon on a similar theme, called the pet of the villainess or something to that effect

Isekai MC presents herself as a therapy animal (listen to other emotional noblewomans bullshit drama, validates them, counsels them, make them feel better about themselves, act like their bffs).
She meets the villainess of the story who is really stressed out by her immature and neglecting fiance who is next in line for the throne, and is immediately enchanted.
They get close to each other, MC encourages the villainess to stop thinking about her fiance but to think of her own happiness. Eventually villainess invites the MC to live with her as her honorary girlfriend and is looking for an opportunity to annul the engagement, which the fiance is infuriated by.

Its great, I love it.

New Yandere Otome Game

Attached: e22.png (840x1200, 302K)

Wasnt this the one where the MC is sister to the ML?

At this point I am convinced they use some form of algorithm to make extremely similar yet slightly different stories via machine

But really, I think the chinese authors get paid by the chapters and word count. Every chapter is worth 20 cents or something. More chapter means more money for them

Do you think that Jodeson is?

Youko, from the 12 Kingdoms is top tier.

Jodeson seems like is from marauder pathway

>NOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST BRING OUT CHAPTERS OF A SERIES THAT WE FIRST DO AND DIDN'T UPDATE FOR AGE'S

Attached: 39474.png (665x901, 939K)

The TL better not get hazed by those fuckers who speak of ethics when they are ultimately all pirates.

Such a fucking disappointment, SJW really ruin everything

>marauder
Shitty translation remains shitty. 偷盗 is steal, not rob. There is not implication of violence. Violent theft would be 掠夺.

How did it get ruined?
what happened?

So the group that participated in the retarded drama some time ago got one of their projects sniped? That makes me happy.

As the story go on, more and more SJW shit pop up, from being an ally to trans people to religious people apologizing for being homophobic and ignorant, is really fucking jarring and the main appeal of the story is forgetting (the relationship of the MC with the heroine).

No I meant if you think Jodeson is banging Edwina.

Nope, but he is trying.

about time new translators finally started taking over the series the k-otome translators stopped updating after the instagram thing.

Oh, that. I felt that it was not bad of a direction actually.
I mean, of course modern politics shoehorn SJW values into everything but this time there was a legitimate value in exploring homophobia and gender identity.
A good part of the story was the MC acting like a clown all the time because she was literally gay and was convinced that claire wasnt gay. There was legitimate reason to explore the themes there.

instagram? what the hell happened here?

No, silly, you can't ever explore any LGBT themes. Not even in a novel about a gay heroine. If you disagree, you're a fucking pinko SJW.

someone got a C&D because people were sharing the manhwa translation on instagram and caught the attention of the rights holders. they locked down their site and dropped translations and other groups followed suit.
it's the reason you'll see pic related on NASS translations now.

Attached: y1.jpg (800x308, 189K)

God I want to bully her.

Let's be honest, those groups did everything to draw attention to themselves even without instagram.

Now I see why I saw that image so much all around the place
Dumbass motherfuckers ruining it for everybody as always. Always the dumb ones which leaves the trail

How is the WN?

I want to give her sweets and love and headpats and scuffle her hair until she gets mad

Pretty darn good except for the ending.

I choose to believe Last Boss Villainess ended at chapter 42. It's a nice enough ending and I won't have to worry about the possibility of it turning to shit.

It was slightly rushed, but the extras more than make up for that.

Unless it's there from the start like in Tiararose, nothing says an otome story is being forcibly prolonged than a sequel game.

Not being alone and having real skills and responsibilities

Attached: 91uVt7wJQSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (993x1500, 318K)

Definitely. I was just a bit pissed that Claire's character did not get a satisfactory ending. I really wished for her situation to turn around by her own effort and determination, rather than being helped by others with power

It's quite refreshing seeing series like Ole and Prison Life come to quite definitive and obviously planned endings.

I think what happened made the most sense, seeing it was driven by one of Claire's defining characteristics, her pride.

I just disliked how scooby doo the ending felt with all the gang showing up at the trial, but I guess that's par the course.

Yeah, but it felt a bit deus ex machina-y. I really wished for something like Camilla's ending to happen, where everything she did before comes back to her as good karma and fall into place.

See, I loved that, because even though Alois had to do the cliche storming into the courtroom at the last moment to save her thing, he was only able to do so because her efforts saved him from getting his head mounted on a pike.

It was fucking fantastic. It was really rewarding to see how all her efforts moved these initially hostile people and crystallize into that one final good ending

Attached: 1426212255552.gif (640x480, 422K)

Can I get a name? Reverse image search isn't giving me shit unless I'm retarded

Scooby doo-ing was the reward for her actions. But ultimately, there's a huge difference between resignation to die and determination to die, I can't see their circumstances as comparable.

Not getting the wedding or honestly much of the main cast in the extras at all was kind of a pain, but they were still pretty interesting.

Bertia is evil! She really is! Stop laughing!

Attached: i-185.jpg (1125x1600, 945K)

Despite not technically being an Isekai (though it shares many thematic elements), I think this is something that Sevens pulled off really well. The way Lyle grew stronger was less about becoming more powerful in the raw sense and entirely more so about becoming a better leader, forming alliances and connections, and taking on even bigger responsibilities. Having the main antagonist basically be the apex of cheat isekai MCs, with an unapologetically shitty personality that honestly still isn't nearly as lacking in integrity as many of these MCs, was brilliant and really made a fantastic foil. In terms of a coming-of-age story, this one tops.

he's not insane, he's the nuke

>forced school arc
thanks faceless characters

Attached: png.png (840x369, 443K)

>Dude getting isekai'd into a (Gay) Otome Game

Attached: V6.jpg (1440x2045, 1.7M)

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY

Attached: h5.jpg (1438x2047, 1.04M)

Literally this. Every fucking isekai has this shit tier stats, this is obviously subjective but I can't fucking stand them, I like Re:Zero since this bullshit isn't present.

The mc doesn't have supporting characters for the get go to tell him literally everything he needs to know about the people, world or magic. He has to learn by himself and often die because of the lack of information. I swear, Isekai authors treat information as a given for the MC to the point where he doesn't have to do anything to actually get it.

>Faceless women
I think I found a new fetish.

it didn't get ruined
user is just a retard

I favor the villainess

>offer yourself to the dragon to save your village
>implied to be killed from the literal dragon dick
I don't think that went according to plan

Attached: x17.jpg (950x1351, 629K)

God I wish that was me.

Which one is this?

mangadex.org/title/23042/kuro-no-shoukanshi
happens in a flashback in the elf village chapters
if you were hoping for more of the same, you'll be disappointed, because this really came out of fuckin nowhere

She's a strong, beatiful woman on whom the usual wooing bullshit just doesn't work and they're a bunch of hormonal idiots not used to that.

I'm not sure you're talking about the pic i posted, but I would like to know the title of whatever you're talking about

>I'm not sure you're talking about the pic i posted
I'm not. The title's in the first line, it's called Sevens. It's a story about a wayward son who was disinherited and living in exile and his path to redemption, guided by the spirits of 7 generations of his forefathers who, despite being a rowdy bunch of old men taking the piss out of him and each other most of the time, teach him essential life lessons about responsibility, leadership, relationships, and self-respect by sharing with him their own experiences and regrets.

Attached: sevens.jpg (652x944, 590K)

I shit on sevens
good:
>connecting with and learning from ancestors
irredeemably awful:
>everything to do with the harem

Yeah I can't disagree the story would have been better if they toned it down, but I felt like the highs far outweighed the lows.

And exposition is given along with some meaningful character interactions, so it doesn't become a 3 minute explanation that you forget, it's tied to also learning something about the characters themselves. Beatrice is an example here.

novelupdates.com/series/the-ices-yearning/

user, source
please

>tfw you'll never isekai into a cute murderhobo

Attached: this is still technically a man despite not having a penis and having a functional vagina and all th (1338x835, 126K)