How come an idiot protagonist sells better? I mean Dragon ball & One Piece are pretty financially successful

How come an idiot protagonist sells better? I mean Dragon ball & One Piece are pretty financially successful.

Attached: Goku.png (761x800, 194K)

Bec the masses are mostly idiots.

Attached: 1567273780698.png (614x706, 436K)

fpbp

Attached: 0C0663CE3C9D48649CF10A42C3A82C4C.jpg (645x773, 274K)

Becuase they are the most sympathetic and for that people like them more than other characters.

Everyone knows dumb is fun

One Piece has a great story, that's why it sells well. Luffy also has a great freedom driven personality. He's an idiot because it's more relatable/

Not entirely false, but missing context (see above, relatability). Plus, at least Japanese average IQ is higher than most western country IQ.

Because their readers can self insert, dbsfags and people who like this shit are pretty much the dumbest people that ever existed.

>He's an idiot because it's more relatable
W-what did you mean by that user?

>dbsfags
>dumb
Kek. Cope.

Did the truth hurt, user ? I'm sorry I hit a nerve.

Goku isn't dumb.
He's uneducated but learns quickly. That goes out the window in DBS though.

you're reading manga for kids, kids are fucking stupid

The DBS ver of goku is probably the most retarded being ever in whole anime history.

Luffy and Goku aren't idiots. They're silly but that just helps with the comedy.

It pisses me off. Goku in Z was menacing. He was always thinking about the big picture.

OG DB, Goku was naive but he was a kid and that was excusable. He even deduced Kami and the dragon balls would die if Piccolo would die even though Kami never told him that.

Dumb protagonist means there's an excuse to explain basic concepts about the story's world and easy set up for jokes, so it's popular for goofy shounen series

>He's an idiot because it's more relatable
Maybe for retards

OG Goku was a likeable idiot, unlike his adult self

don't know much about One Piece, but i guess Luffy is similar to OG Goku, clueless in a funny way

Attached: Dragon Ball.jpg (920x997, 322K)

>u triggered
So This is the power of non-dbs chads?... pathetic.

The goku in Z was seen as a reliable figure, he could teach stuff to the kids, had relative knowledge about combat and stuff in general, you could see very well that he was a mature guy and that there was a progress from the original DB where he was a kid.
Goku from DBS went totally backwards though, becoming even dumber than his DB kid version, total autist.

This. Unless you saw Abridged instead of Z/Manga, Goku started as a kid that knew nothing of the world and grew up to be a somewhat smart guy.

Super makes him as dumb or even dumber than Abridged

I don't know how anons or other people on a certain site still argue Goku wasn't dumbed down. I don't know, did the anime make him look stupid? I only really read the manga.

Best idiots

Attached: 1563531184916-a.png (749x1080, 609K)

Sorry I'm not 5 anymore user, I can't enjoy kids show anymore. But if it's entertaining you to self insert into a mentally disabled MC, and watch one of the worst written stories ever then good for you.