Why did Black Clover become popular and do you sincerely think it's actually good?

Why did Black Clover become popular and do you sincerely think it's actually good?

Attached: 155881313-288-k100507.jpg (288x450, 26K)

it's entertaining, I'm enjoying it
it got popular because the populace has shit taste

I enjoy it, it's great.

It's nothing spectacular, it's just a really fun ride with some good spreads along the way. You grow to love some characters

It's alright.

Has decent action to the story, but I think the main draw is it's about someone seen as completely useless, at least initially, and has to overcome it which ends up making some pompous people feel deflated/agitated as it goes against the status quo. It's what makes a lot of shonen stories popular.

I'm at episode 14 and it's kinda boring so far mostly due to pacing being too slow and pointless filler.
It's not terrible but it's extremely average for a shonen, It's ok but there are much better things to watch

I think it's good, fairly generic setting, and the story takes every clichés under the sun, but their execution is good, fight scenes are dynamics, and the cast is entertaining.

Better than MHA, who admittely had a better start but shat up the bed after.

From what I can tell, the key element is to have an annoying MC scream a lot.

I remember watching some youtube review of it, and the guy went on saying that it was the most shonen thing to come about. Like, take everything about DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, and just make it over again with different characters in the most cliche way possible.

I guess it's for the same reason why boomers like watching police procedurals - it just...is.

>Why did Black Clover become popular
Did it, though?

that's what you get for watching shonen punchman anime

It did? I swear no knows about it aside few online communities that gulp shitton of shonenshit

It's pretty fun, the plot is cliché but the execution is amazing and it improves with every arc.

It is fun, obviously very generic but still very enjoyable with a quirky and lovable main cast. Asta may scream a lot, but in the end it was just a way for him to convince himself that he could do something and not stay a waste of space because of his lack of mana.

Because they've aired more than a hundred episodes of an anime trying to promote it.

It has literally been airing every week for the past two years.

Attached: 4L_0YWleksW.jpg (2048x1152, 158K)

It’s not popular, Crunchyroll tried shilling it but it didn’t work.

Attached: F70E7743-44E0-40D6-A158-E0828806051F.jpg (520x1128, 144K)

I don't like how the main character keeps screaming. And the story is just... weirdly bad and cliche.

Do what I do: read the manga and watch the sakuga episodes of anime.

What makes it good is that it isn't bad, which sounds funny but... it doesn't take itself too seriously so you can kick back and enjoy it.

wtf I hate anime now???

It's pretty funny that everyone treats Asta as an underdog even though anti-magic is a good counter to every other type of magic.

I dropped it when it first aired after like 10? episodes, i picked it up around 3 months ago again and i sincerely enjoyed it.
It just kept getting better each episode, i do agree that the first episodes are quite shit but it really does become better and now im looking forward to it every week.
From a shounen stand point of view its definitely good.

Yes, it could cancel magic, but aside to useless mooks and weak villains Asta has ever defeated a powerful villain with his swords alone? He couldn't even beat Sally by himself, he needed Gauche to help him. Asta always needed a team to support him against strong villains and if he had fought those villains by himself he would have been dead meat even with his anti-magic swords.

>Black Clover
>popular
It's a flop in Japan and the rest of the world. Its sales are abysmal for the amount of advertising Jump does for it and it's a mystery how it's getting a third novel despite the atrocious sales and low demand from the Japanese readers.

You're here? The anons in that one MHA thread are still waiting for your argument. Go back.

Yeah, but then demon form!

i dont get why it looks so fucking garbage.
like you have 1 episode every 10 or so that has some budget, but the regular episodes can look sooooo fucking bad.

He could also use it for a very limited amount of time and even with it, he still couldn't defeat his opponents without help or even a full team. He literally got slapped around by one antagonist even in demon form and needed to be saved by Yuno.

>for the amount of advertising Jump does for it
Let's start from the fact that Crunchyroll is not Jump

This, it’s hilarious even if he somehow he isn’t the strongest character in the setting, he’s still no underdog.

Is it? Normalfags don't excessively talk about it on Twitter and Facebook nor does it get a consistently high stream of fanart and memes like Bnha or Kimetsu. Nor does it seem to get much merchandise or memorabilia like One Piece and Naruto.

>Trended after Ep 100
It's pretty popular alright. Not OP, MHA or KNY level but pretty nice nonetheless.

>It’s not popular
How many "not popular" anime get translated in six languages? At best you could argue that it's doing mediocre by Jump standards, but Jump is in a league of its own.

>How many "not popular" anime get translated in six languages?
You mean like most anime nowadays? Wow

He asked how many. You didn't give him a number as he was asking for.

He definitely isn't much of an underdog, but having magic is better than having anti-magic due to the potential for large area manipulation, controlled flight and physical and defensive enhancement abilities. There are also people that don't really give a fuck about his anti-magic due to having ridiculously OP powers or just out brute-strength him and clobber him to death or barrage him with none magic object. I'd say at the moment he is easily in the top 10% in the setting so far, but only when he has his demon mode activated for the brief time he has.

Fair enough. I don't see that much fanart or memes when ever BC comes up.

Provide a number.

There are actually fan arts and memes, but comoared to other animes like Kimetsu no Yaiba, MHA, One Piece and other mainstream animes they are actually fewer. But enough to see that it has it's own fans and following in the web.