Youjo Senki The Movie

The prologue of this movie with the flashforward to 1966 pissed me off. Way to ruin the suspense of any outcome of the war.

At least Tanya may still find some way out of this, like escaping to Argentina.

Any news about a season 2?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2032x1170, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

horriblesubs.info/shows/youjo-senki-movie/#00
twitter.com/sonzaix
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For some reason, I imagine you getting pissed off reading a history book because of spoilers.

Alternate universe with Tanya as an ace in the hole kinda throws a wrench into history and makes for tons of possibilities. Hell, maybe the Empire would (Well still can) join forces with the US since the Federation isn't joining forces with the Empire and are already throwing people in camps in 1926. Showing a peaceful United Kingdom with people eating fish and chips while some priest bemoans the Empire's loss of the war does ruin some of the suspense of where this war could go

God intentionally put her in a place where there was no chance of winning. The entire point is Tanya being punished for her hubris, so it's kind of obvious she will lose no matter what. This story is going to be more of a tragedy than anything. The author's entire point behind the story is to sort of display the disturbing nature of Japanese working culture, in that it breeds people who become overly prideful psychopaths.

But it also paints those who portray the qualities Tanya lacks as idiots, incompetents or lunatics who can do just as much damage as her. No one really looks good in any of this really, but maybe that's part of the point.

You have a point. But it would be more fun seeing it happen in real time and reacting to every way Tanya had to change her strategy after another setback from God happened since she is way to stubborn to admit that he is real.
It may be set up as a foregone conclusion, but you rob a lot of moments of their gravitas when you straight up spoil the ending in a scene that feels unnecessary to the rest of the movie anyway. It's not like it dovetails back to the old man in the church at the end.

WW1 era leaders were idiots, incompetents, and lunatics though.

Tanya,.who is arguably an author self-insert, has stated multiple times that she detests war. Another theme of the series is depicting war as a mostly useless activity that is driven by idiots with large amounts of senseless pride and greed. Tanya only fights because she was recruited at a young age due to her having magic powers of any sort while displaying remarkable judgment and strategic ability. She was basically forced into her role.

Overall the point of the series really is to make everyone look like shit, and for Tanya to fight tooth and nail through everything to eventually have her pride crushed in such an agonizing way that she recognizes that powers greater than her exist.

tfw you realize you were the idiot commie all along bringing your personal feelings into battle

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Youjo Senki Movie - 00 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_01.15.03_[2019.09.15_01.25.39].jpg (1920x1080, 138K)

Where can I find a good sub?

Hating communists is completely logical and without emotion. It's the same as hating cancer or HIV. Not hating communists is the more unusual position to be in.

horriblesubs.info/shows/youjo-senki-movie/#00

Wasnt that hard. im feeling benevolent today

When she was requesting a position in the rear to make meaningful change to the structure of the Empire's military machine, the dumbass Deputy Chief of Operations was waxing all poetic about the glory of warfare when he punched the mirror even when Tanya calmly told him it was a futile endeavor and had a seemingly brilliant proposal written out.

Reminds me a bit of the final season of Blackadder how Lord Melchett would talk about being jealous of the boys on the front getting to fight nobly over No Man's Land while he had to stay behind at headquarters and live comfortably as an officer

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got a Blackadder vibe from the series. Tanya seems every bit as cynical as Edmund but not as cowardly and more ruthless.

Aye. I forget that place exists pretty regularly. Downloading at a lightening-fast 50kb/second.

fetlife

next season/movie when

an other 2-3 years

>getting shot in the lungs multiple times with a small caliber pistol at close range for maximum mushrooming
>somehow lives
fucking mary sues

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Youjo Senki Movie - 00 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_01.19.07_[2019.09.15_01.44.25].jpg (1920x1080, 232K)

Blackadder Goes Forth is brilliantly bleak yet incredibly hilarious. The setting of the trenches of WWI is absurd.
Even with the magic, you still have the dread of these soldiers being the first ones to the slaughter of a fully industrialized war machine.
Tanya ruminating on how much of a waste of resources, human and otherwise, this is while the Federation is literally throwing divisions at her base to die is more poignant than anybody else in this war

Literally blessed by God. I wish Tanya got to cap her in the face.

It's literally one of her blessings that she can't be killed by her enemies or something.

Blessed by the author more like

Youjo Senki is not about the destination, it's about the journey. That's why the war follows a mostly chronological order including lots of the main theaters of the world wars.

Tanya is going to win every single battle, and the Empire will still lose the war. And she'll either be driven insane by repeated use of the Type 95, or be tried as a war criminal and found guilty after a rousing speech in her defense about how she was just being a faithful soldier, and that everything she did was technically legal. Then she'll be executed or imprisoned for life.

But the story isn't about that: it's about the journey. Just enjoy it.

Tanya is 9, you sperg.

In the WN she escapes and survives until the 1970s as the AU Big Boss.

>a hero's journey story is about the journey
so obvious yet so many fail to understand. be happy its not just someone at her grave telling the story

Calling YS an example of THJ is pretty excessive, it's not exactly exemplary.

Attached: beautiful.jpg (1024x736, 69K)

sometimes the journey is just overcoming some base fault, such as pride. it does keep on doing Tanya in literally start to finish.

Based commander. I couldn't stop laughing at her rant about war being senseless bullshit and a waste of resources/lives etc...except for commies, fuck them.

I gotta say, I'm rooting for the literal Mary Sue the whole way through and it's very enjoyable. I was cheering when she was beating the shit out of Tanya.
I still love that other POS though.

Pretty apparent she is going to side with the USA.
She says freedom is the most important thing over and over.
She knows they have nukes.

I can't wait for Mary "Shonen Protaganist" Sue to die.

Well you would pretty unconditionally say something like cancer or disease-carrying mosquitoes should be eradicated, yes? Some things are just worth spending resources on.

Carlo Zen twitter
twitter.com/sonzaix

I see what you did there.

No shit. Everything she said during that pitch at the end she was talking about how hard Japan got fucked.

Do people really watch this show without realizing this is a criticism of the libertarian mindset?

>criticism

Attached: 1565821591108.png (615x473, 352K)

Libertarian?

nyaa, newfag