What went wrong?

No memes or shitposting, what actually happened with this series that lost it's potential so quickly.

Attached: images.jpg (474x266, 48K)

Little tension because they're in a school. So it's either tournament arcs or shoehorning in a threatening villain a la Harry Potter. Most shonen have some sort of conflict at chapter 1. MHA just meandered along with the promise that things would get more interesting in the future.

Deku was gifted OFA even tho he's a crybaby faggot

Got extremely popular so fast that the author couldn't handle the pressure of being the leader of the next gen of shounen and decided to make what could have been an amazing, but shorter than most shounen story into another 700+ chapter fuckfest with abominable pacing but even worse because it doesn't have the same potential Naruto's and Bleach's world had.

I've never watched or read this, does anyone actually die in this?

yes

The pacing is glacial. It feels like nothing is ever moving forward.

There was never a long term plan

It lost all its steam after All Might vs AFO. Shiggy still feels underwhelming and Midoriya never changing baby face + O MY 7 are major mood killers.

After treating the LoV as jobbers and jokes the Mangaka dedicated an entire arc for them that didn't really go well with the manga's fans, Shiggy is a shit villain with the generic 'O MY ABUSE' excuse to become a villain, there is no stakes at all because they're all students in highschool and the last time a UA student was close to dying was in the Stain fight. It got stale very fast and there's nothing new that Hori could do for it and now we're in the second Internship arc. Also, he fucked up with doing the All Might vs AFO fight very early in the series.

THIS

Also Deku having the most powerful quirck right from the beginning with the only drawback being trying to not destroy himself in the process makes all enemies and fights uninteresting.

I'd take a supposedly "underdog MC" that somehow asspulls more power at the last second over this crap any day.

Zero tension after AFO jobs. He was the ultimate final boss, and shortly after being announced, he fucking loses to a gimped All Might.

Now we're stuck with shitty B-list villains.

The premise was interesting, and the Jump tried to force it to become the next Naruto/One Piece instead of letting it grow more organically.

Although I don't know if we could say that something "went wrong", while nowhere near One Piece it's still very popular and doesn't show signs to slow down. Popularity is the main goal of the magazine and BnH is popular.

To put it in perspective, Frieza dies in the 327th chapter of the Dragon Ball manga--not Z, DRAGON BALL. In 327 chapters, Dragon Ball went from kid Goku fighting pterodactyls, to the death of the emperor of the universe.

Yes, but only unimportant side characters.

This. I still enjoy the series, but the author definitely blew his load on this fight way too early. Also the fact they still haven't moved to the next school year at 200+ chapters.

It was a good premise, but it turned into awful crap as soon as Deku entered the UA entrance tests. Then it was shit except for a few high points (Tournament, AfO, second Bakugo fight, Overhaul, and maybe MLA).

Almost every arc that's fully focused on school stuff is awful, which is dumb when that's supposed to be the point of the series.

Is it jobbing when he loses on purpose?

Worldbuilding doesn't make any sense, the characters are cardboard cut-outs with the personality of a goldfish, the main character is a whiny faggot, the arcs are generic as fuck and the stakes are non-existent.
Hori is a shit writer with no long-term plan, his (actually pretty decent) art can't carry a bland plot forever.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT JOBBING IS

THAT'S WHERE THE WORD COMES FROM, YOU FUCKING NIGGEST OF NIGGERS

user, calm down. You should realize that the word 'job' has lost it's meaning here in \a\ for a long time ago.

That's not what it means though. It'd be jobbing if he loses because the plot demands it and not because of being weaker. If he loses because that was his plan all along, that's literally not jobbing, and it wouldn't even be really losing.

It'd be jobbing if he lost in order to establish that All Might is powerful.

Something that killed the series for me was a simple concept: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely". Deku is a human being, he should have felt the need to use his newly given powers for something stupid or somewhat evil at one point in his life and then learn from the mistake but nope! He's a perfect goody two shoes who knows what exactly is the right thing to do at all times! It should be impossible to be that fucking good when you've been given that type of power. I mean just look at politicians! Usually when there given power, they do a mix of both corrupt and good actions.

It literally burned its potential too quickly. Everything in the first 100 chapters is fast paced as fuck, but Hori decided that HeroAca needed to be a long-running 500+ chapter long series, so the pacing takes a nosedive after that, as the main conflict is set up but both his protag and antagonist just have to grind up levels against jobbers.

literally did it on purpose. he goes half cocked against All Might, if all might loses he's dead and AFO can just do whatever the fuck he wants again. If he loses then his student nuts up and stops being a neet so All Might has to suffer as the society he build collapses around him at the hands of his masters grandchild while he sits powerless.

No matter what would have happened in that fight would result in an AFO win condition.

Power doesn't corrupt politicians are just that way because they're specifically recruited to be evil.

>YOU FUCKING NIGGEST OF NIGGERS
Could this be...the legendary... Chicken nigger?

>Jump tried to force it to become the next Naruto/One Piece
No it didn't

They need to graduate already. Or be permanently attached to an agency

It's so simple hat it was created by 19th century British politician, which also contradicts that same man's professed catholic faith.

>They need to graduate already. Or be permanently attached to an agency
Fuck that, they need to explain how this super hero world works. Where the fuck is the military? If AFO has been alive for so long and ruled the villains at one point, then why didn't he take over Japan before the rise of heroes? What the hell are the other countries doing while all these crazy people are running amok? What was exactly responsible for everyone getting quirks in the first place? And fiinally, where exactly do the people who have uncontrollable-country destroying quirks go? Like what if there's a "nuclear man" born one day and he can destroy a whole city just by clapping his hands?

Are they still in first year? I dropped it after Gentle fight.

Because that's what MHA has always been about, all potential but never any pay off, you can only keep building up and promising so much in your story until all of it loses importance and interest.

The same shit that causes all these other WSJ shitshows to circle the drain.

Someone comes up with a concept and maybe enough material for 2 arcs, and once that honeymoon period is over they're making shit up as they go every week for years. This piles up on itself and gets worse and worse and goes on and on, as these series are designed to continue basically until the author starts dying or the series becomes so shit they finally have to axe it.

Coming up with new ways to make preexisting characters interesting, once their one note concept has runs its course, requires time and talent that the average WSJ mangaka lacks. So again, just shit out empty concepts and pad out the character roster to such an obscene degree that it's impossible for all but a select few to be actually interesting or developed. Hey look at this class you know and like and want to see grow, actually nevermind fuck them let's show these cool new upperclassmen instead.

Drag shit out as long as you can because getting a hit series is hard and you want to make sure this lasts as long as possible. Every 50 chapters give Deku access to an extra 1% of his power. Maybe if you're really desperate to think of something to give him ability wise because you aren't capable of coming up with anything beyond "he punch thing real harder," give him the mindblowing ability to k i c k things, and once you realize that that's so fucking stupid and lame that you don't even have him kick shit after, give him a grab bag of whatever asspull powers you need to keep the trogs from becoming bored. Oh but also make sure that progresses as slowly as possible too.

There are more MHA specific issues but out of those the big one is probably the series blowing its villain load early on Stain, making the rest of the villains seem even gayer than they already are by comparison. I guarantee that once the series starts to really slip in popularity, they're bringing him back.

>MHA is just empty promises
Kek, now I know why HxH, AOT, Kimetsu, and Black Clover fags are constantly shitting on them with success.

>Confining things to a (relatively) regular school
>Shigaraki being such a weak main villain in every aspect that isn't his power level
>worldbuilding is also seriously cramped by both the quasi-realistic setting & by how tropey MHA is, feels like Hori's running the risk of just writing an X Men AU at times
>slow pacing leading to unsatisfying results and constantly drip-feeding the plot to the audience and just leaving little strings of subplots leading to bigger things, outside of a select few arcs like Kamino and a small handful of others
>5 years and 200+ chapters they're still only in the first (or second?) semester of the first year and we only just got some small insight into the villains' psyche after all this fucking time
>Deku as an MC has gotten extremely stale, a lot of the audience seem to be more interested in the adult characters at this point
>Deku's stockholm syndrome shit towards Bakugo
>all the 1A kids are pretty stale due to how normal they are and due to how Hori doesn't really let them suffer on a personal and realistic level aside from maybe Shoto's bad blood with Enji way back in the tournament arc and Iida's moments in the Stain arc

MHA is a weird series where everyone reads it like they're they're waiting on something great that's been promised to them and waiting for Hori to finally really show off what he can do as a writer and I don't think he's ever going to be able to deliver.
It started off strong in a time when love for capeshit is at a high and it has tons of great character designs and that just led to people putting way too much hope into it thinking it was going to be the herald of the next gen of shonen and wanted it to fill the place Naruto left so bad but it seems like that's not going to happen. In the alt universe where it's treated like mid-tier shonen like Blue Exorcist or Fairy Tail, no one would care that much about the quality decrease but since it has all these expectations on it, everybody notices.

Stakes and pacing aside, it does not do anything too different from 90-00's Marvel/DC aside from the power regulation thing, which he does not use to its full potential and does not capitalize on hero geopolitics. Japan is a vacuum that is completely isolated from every other country save America and China (and those are incredibly scant relations that only get one or two lines of background information each)
I still enjoy it though, fun waiting for leaks

>In the alt universe where it's treated like mid-tier shonen like Blue Exorcist or Fairy Tail, no one would care that much about the quality decrease but since it has all these expectations on it, everybody notices.
Absolutely true, MHA was never meant to be as big and popular as it is (or was) it just got released in a time where capeshit was in it's peak popularity across all media all over the world and that boosted Hori's work more than it would been possible if he had released it years earlier.

>Confining things to a (relatively) regular school
The title of the manga is called My Hero ACADEMIA

>Shigaraki being such a weak main villain in every aspect that isn't his power level
This is just a shitty opinion

>worldbuilding is also seriously cramped by both the quasi-realistic setting & by how tropey MHA is, feels like Hori's running the risk of just writing an X Men AU at times
And this isn't a criticism either

>slow pacing leading to unsatisfying results and constantly drip-feeding the plot to the audience and just leaving little strings of subplots leading to bigger things, outside of a select few arcs like Kamino and a small handful of others
The slow pacing argument has never hold weight given how MHA arcs don;t even last a year also yiu apparently never read an ongoing serial before in your life

>5 years and 200+ chapters they're still only in the first (or second?) semester of the first year and we only just got some small insight into the villains' psyche after all this fucking time
Haiyuu had been running for 7+ years and cast are still first years or haven't graduated yet. But you don't read HQ hence why its not an issue

>Deku as an MC has gotten extremely stale, a lot of the audience seem to be more interested in the adult characters at this point
Hence why he's vastly more popular than any of the adult characters

>Deku's stockholm syndrome shit towards Bakugo
Nice projection

>all the 1A kids are pretty stale due to how normal they are and due to how Hori doesn't really let them suffer on a personal and realistic level aside from maybe Shoto's bad blood with Enji way back in the tournament arc and Iida's moments in the Stain arc
And this is why you're not a writer.

>MHA is a weird series where everyone reads it like they're they're waiting on something great that's been promised to them and waiting for Hori to finally really show off what he can do as a writer and I don't think he's ever going to be able to deliver.
He's already delivered hence why the series is popular and critically acclaimed because his writing stood out but unfortunately because of the hype it brought in a lot of detractors who only exist to make it seen that the series doesn't meet their "high standards" and why its actually bad. Its kind of sad how pathetic you and everyone else is that you have to downplay it on every corner yet you're wrong all the time.

Capeshit is not popular in Japan and most people who read MHA don't even like capeshit hence why its outselling Capeshit titles in the west. So yeah there's obviously an appeal that goes well beyond it coming out at the right time or else there wouldn't be so many capeshit manga that flopped hard.

You can tell it was meant to be a short series and I'm pretty sure he's stated in the past that he didn't want to make it very long but now he has to write My Hero Shippuden because of the hype, expectations and popularity.

Wrong on all accounts dumbass.

Not an argument, faggot.

This level of delusion.

>potential
It was trash from the get go

>Haiyuu had been running for 7+ years and cast are still first years or haven't graduated yet. But you don't read HQ hence why its not an issue

Not that user but comparing a sports manga's pacing to a superhero series is autistic as fuck. There's a reason why people always draw comparisons to MHA's pacing with Dragon Ball, Naruto and BC instead of something like Haikyuu and Eyeshield 21 lol, think about it for a while, user.

It didn't lose anything, all that came about that the series rose to popularity and attracted a lot of bandwagoners who went into the series with a promise it never sold itself on. Its why a lot of the posts here have very empty criticism like this. >The pacing is glacial.
OP will have arcs that go on for over 2 years. MHA's longest arc went on for 9 months....not even a year

Or just spouting memes
In short it happens to anything that reaches a mainstream audience you suddenly have "armchair critics" popping up who think they're cool hating something that's popular yet for some odd reason MHA's hatebase just comes off as dumb if anything.

>HxH
Sad fucks who can't even discuss their own manga
>AOT
A series that lost the bulk of its readership and now all who reads it are retarded worshippers
>Kimetsu
Underage but its doing its job taking up all the cancer
>BC
Might be even sadder than HxHfags. Literally nobody cares about this thing's existence.

A tranny and a nerd

>No argument

That's what I thought

>Not that user but comparing a sports manga's pacing to a superhero series is autistic as fuck.
No? They're both fucking shounen manga dipshit and even if you compare HQ's pacing to other ones its still pretty slow.

>There's a reason why people always draw comparisons to MHA's pacing with Dragon Ball, Naruto and BC
Because they're retards who seem to think all shounen manga have the same level of pacing. Anyways I pretty much destroyed you arguement anyways.

>he fucked up with doing the All Might vs AFO fight very early in the series
He also fucked up by making neither of them die and the fight itself was off screened so Bakugo could be gay with the red kid

>Not that user but comparing a sports manga's pacing to a superhero series is autistic as fuck.
There's literally no difference. But this here is autistic as fuck

>There's a reason why people always draw comparisons to MHA's pacing with Dragon Ball, Naruto and BC
Because it implies all manga have the same level of pacing.

>OP will have arcs that go on for over 2 years. MHA's longest arc went on for 9 months....not even a year
It's not the number of chapters or length of time in an arc that leads to glacial pace, it's the amount of development and plot points. A 1000 page book can have far faster pacing than a 30 page one.

Hori does say he expected it to last 20 volumes in the interview he had with Oda.

Lots of people complain about OP's pacing. The reason people complained about MHA is because of the short page count and it's uninteresting.

>Lots of people complain about OP's pacing.
Nope.

>It's not the number of chapters or length of time in an arc that leads to glacial pace, it's the amount of development and plot points.
So you don't know what you're talking about.

Nope he said 30.

>Lots of people complain about OP's pacing.
Yeah the anime's pacing not the manga's.

>NIGGEST OF NIGGERS
Based

>YOU FUCKING NIGGEST OF NIGGERS
Kek

>And fiinally, where exactly do the people who have uncontrollable-country destroying quirks go?
I'm guessing there's a hard limit on how powerful quirks can be which is why building busters are revered as gods in this universe

>nobody cares about BC
Where does this opinion come from? If nobody really cares about BC then it wouldn't garner enough ratings in Japan for it to have a second extension. And I saw some people talking about it in different sites in the web. Seems like you're just projecting.

There is. Sports manga usually center on character development for the rival teams, so they tend to have tons of SoL. And they are usually all tournament arcs when not SoL, so there are tons of new characters to develop every time. The main characters also usually have an ample supporting cast to use in the SoL. So the pacing is naturally slow.

Also, Haikyuu's popularity has fallen in recent years. I don't read it, but maybe slow pacing isn't the best idea.

>Where does this opinion come from?
Sales data and general traction online.

>If nobody really cares about BC then it wouldn't garner enough ratings in Japan for it to have a second extension
You haven't even seen its ratings to begin with.

>And I saw some people talking about it in different sites in the web.
Cool horseshit bro

>sales

I'm sorry that you got attached to such a shit series but get over yourself

Attached: 1568503211693.jpg (556x468, 119K)

>Sports manga usually center on character development for the rival teams
No they don't. Most sports manga don't even give a great focus to the rivals at all. Slam Dunk didn't give much focus to the rivals and neither did PoT or Baskegay.
>Also, Haikyuu's popularity has fallen in recent years.
No it hasn't it just hasn't had an anime running for 3 years.

The irony of this post escapes me.

Why does that one guy defend MHA so hard?

Tell me, if it's ratings were really abysmal, why would they even extend it a second time? Why waste time and resources for something that doesn't give them any revenue?

>cool horseshit bro
Now I know that you're just talking out of your ass.

Sunken cost fallacy

He thinks that MHA is the greatest masterpiece that ever graces the world.

>if it's ratings were really abysmal, why would they even extend it a second time?
They order episodes months in advance retard because they need to fill in a slot. VRAINS is getting canned despite lasting for two years.

>IP didn't move

MHA promised to be capeshit but in reality, it was just kyoani moeshit with Cape flavoring.

Why is that the people who shit on MHA are so stupid?

Nice argument

To fill in a slot. Under-performing shows don't get cancelled immediately retard especially in Japan

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-15-12-40-07.png (480x800, 118K)

the author literally forgets half the shit he writes

>admitted he completely forgot the traitor
>forgot toga had been cloned before

Its become significantly better over time. Fuck off faggot.

Attached: cc0925c72e412ded0769c6de521ddef6cc5a74e311b59b80e0ce7693954c9302.gif (540x304, 957K)

Does he self-insert into Deku? Does he need to protect this manga at all cost?

Maybe it's just because I was young but watching Naruto I felt like there were a lot more cool characters and moments than MHA ever had

>phoneposter

Nah, he just worships Mha to an unhealthy degree.

Yep definitely young

>watching Naruto I felt like there were a lot more cool characters and moments than MHA ever had
Nope that's normal, but MHA isn't bad.

Attached: 1564120053366.jpg (410x369, 46K)

So what? It hurts when you just got slapped on the face by a phoneposter, right? Cry more to Hori. Maybe he will give you a free sketch of Deku.

Fuck off normalnigger holy shit

>nothing fucking happens: the show

Attached: 284a8181a26401a4a5708febd46292b945dbf229_00.jpg (417x353, 19K)

>Capeshit is not popular in Japan and most people who read MHA don't even like capeshit
Go to the HeroAca threads in Matsuri and you'll find a ton of people discussing superhero movies.

>hence why its outselling Capeshit titles in the west.
Nobody reads comic books in the US for a multitude of reasons. Namely:
They are only sold in comic book stores.
50+ years of loose continuity (stuff matters or doesn't based on writer preference).
Marvel and DC run a monopoly with distributors help, so they have little reason to improve and just choose to slowly die.
They don't have a clear target demographic. Only 30+yo male nerds go to comic book stores, but writers alienate those consumers continuously.

HeroAca can be more successful than Marvel/DC shit just by knowing that teens like curvy cute girls in tight outfits, offering good art and character designs, and selling in regular book stores.

Lmao cry more and fap to your cartoon porn, no life loser.

That's what HxH is yeah

He was going to commit suicide until he saw Deku being granted powers as a reward for his own suicidal tendenciea.

>Go to the HeroAca threads in Matsuri and you'll find a ton of people discussing superhero movies.
Cool lie bro

>They are only sold in comic book stores.
You can by them on Barnes and Noble and online

>50+ years of loose continuity (stuff matters or doesn't based on writer preference).
This isn't much of an excuse anymore since they've rebotted the timeline serveral times to keep people up to date

>Marvel and DC run a monopoly with distributors help, so they have little reason to improve and just choose to slowly die.
Hence why they're failing now. The MCU and DCEU were vehicles used to push comic sales but they've been largely inefficent

>They don't have a clear target demographic.
Go be retarded somehwhere else.

> what actually happened with this series that lost it's potential so quickly.

Attached: dekuck.jpg (387x628, 84K)

All I'm saying is if a kid like Deku went to my school, I would drive him to suicide better than Bakugo could

does capeshit worse than traditional paperback marvel or dc, even nowadays (dunno about cinematic stuff, probably better)
but its still a big hit so its gonna stay around

>Retarded worshiper
It takes one to know one.

holy shit, kys.

Probably because naruto actually focused on being cool while MHA focuses on trying(and failing) to be wacky

>Cool lie bro
I mean, it has probably died down a bit so long after End Game, but they most definitely discuss capeshit whenever a Marvel movie comes out.

>You can by them on Barnes and Noble and online
Only volumes. That cost 40-50+ dollars. A kid would rather buy a videogame with that much money.

>This isn't much of an excuse anymore since they've rebotted the timeline serveral times to keep people up to date
Marvel hasn't rebooted, and DC has no continuity at this point. Writers just reference PreCrisis and PreFlashpoint all the time.

>Hence why they're failing now. The MCU and DCEU were vehicles used to push comic sales but they've been largely inefficent
The complete opposite. Marvel and DC have been braindead vegetables since the 00s and Disney/Warner keep them around to harvest their organs/IPs.

>Go be retarded somehwhere else.
Demographic is the most important thing to sell your product. If you don't know who is buying, you won't even know where and what to sell. And the comic book audience most definitely isn't interested in what Marvel/DC sell, which is why American comics sell less and less since the 90s, despite the IPs being more valuable than ever.

>Probably because naruto actually focused on being cool
kek

dont kid yourself sinestro corps war and annihilation could be compared to any 90s marvel/dc saga

This mha spic is mentally ill

Attached: mha esl.png (1363x1689, 243K)

Did Knuckleduster make him retarded? Or was he always retarded?

Attached: StainBNHA.png (680x1209, 1.12M)

Once again cool lie bro

Nope they were soliciting back issues of Black Panther last year. Doomsday clock is also available there and the first volume hasn't even been solicited yet

Marvel rebooted twice. The Ultimate universe from a stable of the 00s to its destruction in 2014 and the current timeline fuckery which is the X-Men. DC has Rebirth which is suppose to "fix" everything and incorporate the Watchmen but its been slow as fuck

When every new movie came out Marvel always push a new 1# serial to coincide with the release its why they release their new Rocket serial alongside Guardians Vol. 2

Demos don't play apart in anything anymore and its pretty much led to Marvel/DC's biggest flops.

Anyways your point falls flat since Heroaca was never popular because it was capeshit since its already far removed from what people expect from them.

What's the overarching narrative thrust of MHA? When All Might and AFO was around, it sort of had this (SORT OF). But it blew its load on them and now it COMPLETELY lacks a narrative thrust. Lacking that, it's like a jet that's lost all its engines and is slowly gliding into the ground. No, becoming the "world's strongest hero" isn't that interesting, the way the story is set up Deku is already the world's strongest hero, he just needs to figure out how not to kill himself in the process, which isn't interesting.

One Piece can continue to fly past 1000 chapters and beyond because there is a clear endgame we're heading towards and it pulls the readers along and keeps the narrative aloft. MHA is going to die a slow death as the highest IQ readers check out first and the low IQ retards stick around, slowly making the series dumber and dumber until it dies.

Change your fucking filename loser

Attached: all the same person.png (1352x911, 198K)

Not a single mention of Vigilantes? I'm disappointed. Better than the original for a while now, even being a prequel and all.

Answer to OP? The world around the kids is way more interesting than their teenage bullshit.

>The world around the kids is way more interesting than their teenage bullshit.
What world?

The Toga clone is the only thing he has forgotten you dumb nigger

>What's the overarching narrative thrust of MHA?
Its set up as an origin story for Deku showing how he'll become a great hero. Seeing his development through his years at UA is the narrative thrust.

>When All Might and AFO was around, it sort of had this (SORT OF)
They were never the narrative thrust. AfO was mostly in the background throughout those first 100 chapters.

>No, becoming the "world's strongest hero" isn't that interesting,
That is YOUR opinion you stupid bitch stop pushing YOUR opinion as objective fact.

Why is MHAspic so irate?

He didn't forget shit

>That is YOUR opinion you stupid bitch stop pushing YOUR opinion as objective fact.
I never said it was fact, what the hell is your problem? It's my opinion that Deku becoming the world's strongest hero isn't interesting given he's already innately stronger than All Might. Compare to Monkey D. Luffy, who was just a freaking rubber man, so it was pretty wild to see how he grew and progressed in strength.

>Oh shit he found me out
>Better continue on this tirade

You are a fucking joke.

samefagging damage control shitposter

School setting got old fast.

Found what out? I have nothing to hide, you're the one with the mental illness that's getting exposed.

>I never said it was fact,
Yes you did. When you say stupid shit like
>No, becoming the "world's strongest hero" isn't that interesting,

You're are pushing this as fact retard.

>given he's already innately stronger than All Might
He's not stronger than AM retard. He has the potential due to how OfA works but current he isn't. AM was able to master OfA automatically while Deku is only at 8%.

Ultimates was an alternate universe from the beginning that got mogged by 616 and Original X-men was a self-contained time travel shinanigan
Post-God Doom was a reboot of sorts however, when Franklin Richards was sorting out universes and some characters came back

I hate these threads because a few legitimate complaints will be buried under mountains of unfounded claims and blatant shitposts

True. But they came out over 10 years ago and Marvel/DC failed to capitalize on them.

Moreover, giant crossovers that lynchpin on characters introduced in the 60s are one of the reasons why American comic books only appeal to 30+ something collectors instead of teens.

No kid is going to blow 100 dollars on a comic book series + tie-ins. Only boomers with huge wallets and pirates can fully enjoy those comics.

And then Marvel/DC write shit that pisses off Boomers and comic book sales drop. And drop. And drop. While no audience is gained.

Ultimates was set up as a reboot of the Marvel universe because 616 became too cluttered and sales were tanking its why it became the symbol for Marvel for years until Leob ruined everything with Ultimatimum.

Attached: samefag fail.jpg (510x1499, 108K)

Feels like a HxH thread

kek

Attached: 1420627151221.jpg (640x517, 88K)

Read chainsawman

Did you not read the last two arcs?

>Another pissing match against other students
>Immediately switching to another arc about the villains coming into conflict with other villains
>Now for another internship arc

Yes it did.

It also literally opens with Deku saying here's the story of how I became the best hero

It's just boring to me.
Also I hold newer generations to higher standarts. Yes, I expect more from them than I did from The Big Three, just like i expected something better from them in comparison to Dragon Ball and others. They are supposed to evolve, learn mistakes, create something new. New generation has to be stronger than before, otherwise there is no point in even having them.
So far all I see from nu-Jump is the rip offs of previous series, but somehow done much, much worse. And why should I read mediocre rip offs if I can just go back to the good original?

Lacks Tokusatsu Charm

>toga gets fucked up
>comes back with an eyepatch

how original!

based

it's not fair

BNHA has awesome characters designs, the quirks are all pretty unique, the setting is interesting

but the actual story is shit. they have the great characters with cool abilities but let them go to waste on such a shit story.

It still very good, the last arcs were incredibly good, if you don't like it anymore just drop it and stop thinking about it

I really liked how MHA started, at least with Deku's first characterization. But he got really overpowered without actual character development. Also the autor clearly cares more about slice of life shit. Realized it on the chapters about the rooms of characters. The mangaka for sure got lucky with his fanfic. I bet he struggles a lot to try and think on how to move forward his story.
also there are plenty of chracters, I normaly like that, but all of them are one-dimensianal one-gag characters that gets old pretty fast.

It hasn't lost its potential, your expectations dropped.

Consider that MHA is almost beat for beat the X-Men with a bunch of powers swapped around.

>Internship arc has all the important MCs, Hawks, and the PLF involved
>He thinks it’s another training arc
And you wonder why no one takes you seriously

Trying too hard to be Naruto but not realizing what made Naruto great and popular in the first place.

Most notable being the meandering plot. As controversial as the saving Sasuke plot was, it did provide a concrete endgame to work towards instead of Naruto’s vague dream of becoming Hokage.

MHA just has Deku training and getting attacked by the villain of the week up until the day he defeats AFO/Shigaraki

Joint Training arc was really dull.

Foundations were shaky from the start never meant to be a long running story.

>Early panel work was strongly reminiscent of western comics
>Went back to normal manga layouts before the first volume was even over

Whyyyyyyyyy

This is a good complaint. If the series is inspired by western cape comics, why not pull plots from them instead of the same 5 generic shonen shit plots? Let’s get an arc where Deku has to deal with an alternate reality due to a quirk gone wild(House of M) instead of another tournament.

Weaboo's are fucking Japanophilic losers who can't stand that a western inspired manga is pushing the shit in of garbage like AoT and Black Clover, that's one. The other is nostalgia, faggots look back at trash like Naruto with rose colored glasses not remembering that 70% of it was utter trash.

>"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"
Not really. It's just that you already have to be pretty corrupted to obtain power in the first place, because everyone playing nice will be eliminated early on.

This is the dumbest fucking "complaint", first off Deku spent his entire adolescent life worshiping heroes like All Might, why the fuck would he misuse his power? If you spent your life playing fps shooter's and your uncle gives you a rifle for your birthday, would you properly learn to use it and always respect the gift? Or would you go out and intimidate your neighbor with it or maybe go shoot a neighbors annoying dog? Deku was also beaten down pretty much daily and has zero confidence the fuck do you expect a meek ass good kid to do? Not everyone's a fucking narcissist, and that politician argument is fucking idiotic, politicians for the most part start out as bright eyed idealists it's not until they realize that their peers are all either jaded or already corrupt after years of being beaten down by the system.

Fucking this. Perfect example, Stain. These are all idealistic kids who are only catching glimpses of how the world really works, you want a gritty grimdark story? Wait until Class 1-A are 10 years into their careers.

I mean, OP and HxH don't have a linear story too. Doesn't hurt them that much.
It's just that MHA's arc are so small and villains of the week are so insignificant that they fail in comparison to the other two series. He keeps introducing villains with potential, but doesn't explore their ideologies or personalities whatsoever

Kind of a loaded question, OP. I don't think it has less potential now that it had at the start. The set up was pretty simple.

Man so much salt is not good for your health.
Its not interesting user, interest is literally bound to a person, just because bacteria studys arent interesting for a game-creator doesnt mean its not interesting for a doctor.

So unless you are retarded you should finally understand that "its not interesting" is always bound to opinions.

They didn't know what to do after Big Bad was defeated.

They don't know how to kill All Might.

nothing

this

Reddit.

Written by Horikoshi, directed by Editor-san.

>Yea Forums now hates MHA
what the fuck went wrong?

That's what the term originally meant in pro wrestling - to lose purposefully to make your opponent seem more significant.
It's been adopted by Yea Forums to mean a scenario wherein a character loses to an opponent to make them seem more significant.
The difference is that the character doesn't lose on purpose like the wrestler does; they lose because the author deemed that the plot demanded it.
Calling AFO losing "jobbing" doesn't work because the author didn't make him lose to set up All Might. Neither does AFO's reason for losing fit with the original meaning of the term - he didn't intentionally lose to set up his opponent as a bigger deal, he lost because he wanted Shigaraki to grow.
It's not jobbing, either narratively or in character reasoning.

Half the arcs are set in school so the stakes are literally 0.
This isn't to say that high-school shonen like Haikyuu and (early) Shokugeki have no stakes by default, I love a good competition story. But MHA's competition arcs are boring as fuck because Deku has been given 7 God quirks from the start.

>What went wrong?

nothing. The series is alright

it got popular

dude they haven't even finished the first year yet, and we're on chapter 243

Saying something is not interesting is not a complaint let alone something you should push as fact. That's why you dumbasses always look stupid since you fail to articulate your opinions that doesn't sound like you failed elementary.

>stakes
Nobody knows what this word actually means.

>What happens if the character fails?
>Nothing really, just means he has to train harder

>They get expelled

Expulsion.

Just as a test more so for myself than anything else, I wanted to list each arc and the "what would happen in a loss" scenario involved with said arc

>Entrance to U.A / Battle trials
Not much. At worst Deku doesn't get into U.A or is expelled

>U.S.J
All Might dies, many students die. U.A goes under

>Sports festival
Nothing really, already is a 'loss' scenario in the manga

>Hero Killer
Deku, Iida and Todoroki all die. However, Stain's message never reaches the mainstream

>Final exams
Deku attends the extra classes

>Forest
Already a loss, however more people could have died

>Kamino
All Might dies, AfO rises to power once again. Bad end

>Provisional license
Deku fails his license test, never attends the overhaul raid

>Yakuza
Deku dies, Mirio dies, Nighteye dies, Eri winds up with Overhaul. Yakuza thrive

>Remedial
Bakugo and Todoroki don't get their provisional license until next year

>Festival
Deku doesn't apprehend Gentle, U.A goes under

>Pro Hero
Endeavour dies, multiple civilians die

>JT
Nothing really bad, just a class. At worst Monoma becomes supremely insufferable

>MLA
League of villains are killed, Liberation Army rises to power

Attached: 1556436013439.jpg (1107x1200, 251K)

Try reading the manga retards.

THIS. So much THIS. You pieces of shit who hate on MHA seriously need to kill yourselves.

>That's what the term originally meant in pro wrestling - to lose purposefully to make your opponent seem more significant.
From a storyline point of view, the character the wrestler plays is not losing on purpose, genius. You're looking at wresting from a meta perspective and comparing with shonen anime from an in-universe perspective.

>no memes or shitposting
>what went wrong
user, I...

>how dare you suggest something I like could possibly turn bad

>try reading the manga
Idk, their replies implied that they read the manga. What about responding to them with a good argument?

They implied the series has flaws, therefore they implied they didn't read the manga.

nice non-argument, faggot

Why do we have to have this thread every day?

Attached: 1562678422697.jpg (640x640, 185K)

yeah, yours lmao

Are ninjas not something that fit the stereotypical definition of cool? Is 90s punk fashion not something that fits the stereotypical definition of cool? Are had red eyes not something that fits the stereotypical definition of cool? Are kaijus not something that fit the stereotypical definition of cool?

Actually ninjas were mostly seen as a joke in Japan and the opposite of cool by the time Naruto came in hence why Naruto acts nothing like the traditional ninja.

The OP is expressing that the series is bad, and is asking for ways to fix it. This thread was always going to derail into shitposting.
Are you really so desperate you're comparing a series with 72 volumes to one with 23?

>you're not allowed to express your dislike for things I like

I hope this is a joke.

I don't really care for any shounenshit. I just find it funny OP leaves a clause to not shitpost when they're openly welcoming shitposting.

They'd have probably done better by not having it take itself seriously.

And instead have a full-powered All-Might just wrecking everything while grinning, a-la Serious Sam.

With the "fun" bit of the story wondering WTF he's going to come out with next, etc. Rather than this o my 7 quirks, gotta grow up from a whiny crybaby! Bullshit.

replying to your own posts saying 'THIS' as if you've somehow won the argument is pretty cringe bro

The amount of people you replied to just to throw that shitty "argument" speaks volumes of the amount of seething

>speaks volumes of the amount of seething
Yeah, yours.

Yeah, the user that you replied to was seething when you're the one who deleted your own post.

>The faggots shitty "REEE THERE PEOPLE SHOULD KILL THEMSELVES" non-argument post gets deleted
>Proceeds to claim he isn't seething

Dude just chill, it's a manga, no need to care so much.

More than in One Piece.

>deleted your own post an hour after posting it
Be more new.

So, your post gets deleted. Lmao that's even worse.

Nothing, you're just doing a forced meme because you got mad at us calling out your degenerate spam in the topics that you do because BNHA series is more popular than your neglected series, both at home and in the west.

Yes, filler characters who were just introduced in the same arc or side characters who are so irrelevant people forgot their name.

Deku's character hasn't progressed.
Overall, the series has been mainly just filler.

Admins in the thread trying to curb his autism, but he refuses to settle down, someone grab him his MHA blankie and milk bottle, that might do the trick!

Based ESL mongoloid.

>Deku's character hasn't progressed.
He has.

>>Overall, the series has been mainly just filler.
Go learn what filler means

>filler characters
>it doesn't count if he died in the same arc

You know the more new comments we get in these threads the more I believe these retards have never read a single piece of fiction in their lives.

He definitely has. Whether you like the direction or not is irrelevant.

>No arguments

There's another one.

>He has.
How?

they're MULTIPLYING

I would say breeding but they couldn't find their dick with a magnifying glass and a pair of tweezers

A dumb MHA fan? I hope not. The fandom doesn't deserve them.

Attached: 1568525409659.jpg (922x1300, 257K)

Why are trolls who don't like MHA even allowed on Yea Forums? Trolling IS against the rules.

>They didn't like my favorite series so they may be troll!
Again, no argument.

>The villains in this manga are one-dimensional poorly developed characters
>What's your favorite manga
>Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

So basically MHA is worse than anything in existence according to these posters.

Attached: 1547347008911.png (756x482, 629K)

The rival was better. Main character is so unlikeable.

>responding to bait.
Sasuga. So this is the power of nu-Yea Forums.

>Bait
No argument.

For me, the main issue are the characters. Both Deku and Bakugou are extremely unlikable. And if the main characters suck, then how much better can the rest of the cast be? Kirishima is cool, because he's a bro, but that's about it desu. Hell, the main villains are more likeable than the main characters.

>Begins as a story about a young boy who wants to be superman, it's very basic, very cliched, but has a soul and super heroes are trendy
>He should have been quirkless, but instead is given an otherwise OP quirk that he cannot use to it's fullest potential, so while not ideal it still is interesting
>A few chapters later we are shown the disparity between pro-heroes and students, really nice
>As we go further, the damages caused by the extensive use of OfA shows no actual consequences
>Literally nothing they do seems to have consequences
>Todoroki goes through the same character arc every time he shows up
>Students now can match pro heroes and defeat actual dangerous villains, even though they are still 14 y/o 1st years
>Kamino is great, setting a lot of things in motion, except the author takes way too long to even start capitalizing on that
>Internships are good, a bit early, and makes the students seem way too overpowered, but it's something
>School shenanigans start to become bothersome, since there are no stakes AND THE REST OF THE WORLD IS ON FIRE RIGHT NOW WHILE THEY ARE MAKING SCHOOL FESTIVALS
>Due to Kamino, we already know All Might could beat All for One, even in his weakened state, so Deku, whose power output will, in the future, be All Might + 1, is already set for a win. If that wasn't enough, he gets a mega power up by receiving O MY 7 QUIRKS BUFFED UP removing any sort of uncertainty that he is not only going to make it but there is nothing capable of ever stopping him
>Bakugo sucks
This is also why I'm now rooting for the villains. Their arcs have been shorter but a lot more entertaining, and while Shiggy is just as shallow as Deku, he at least is set up against a literal Demi-God and has to work his way up in a harsh environment. If anything, I can root for a good underdog. So yeah, go Liberation Front!

>As we go further, the damages caused by the extensive use of OfA shows no actual consequences
I hate to be that guy, but did you miss the part where Deku had to come up with and develop an entirely new fighting style purely because of the permanent damage done to his body?

This is honestly the most intelligent comment in this whole thread full of absolute retards.

wtf I love bnha now

Sure. You're just seething that the admins deleted your post.

>Playing capeshit straight.
This is the worst thing to do. Especially now, when Marvel has flooded the market. Capeshit just doesn't work when played straight. It needs to have a subversion, a twist or something else going for it. On its own it's incredibly dull and weak.

>Hell, the main villains are more likeable than the main characters.
as someone who enjoys the series for what it is, this is by far my biggest problem with it. Twice is both more sympathetic and more likable than Deku, but he's doomed to lose in the end by virtue of being a villain in a battle shonen

Attached: 16-17.png (1836x1300, 1010K)

The subversion is that it's also battle shonen.

I can see Twice being redeemed

>OP will have arcs that go on for over 2 years. MHA's longest arc went on for 9 months....not even a year
Pointing out a bigger flaw in another work doesn't justify the flaw of this one. Not to mention, 13 pages of nothing is a norm for BnHA, this is why the pacing is so slow.
And the problem is: it wasn't so slow. All for One was arrested in chapter 95. The next crucial plot point, which would be Deku awakening his second quirk, would be in chapter 210. We had 115 chapters of a mostly stagnated plot. Everything in between these two chapters has either been minor events, set ups with no pay off so far or just school shenanigans. Arguably we didn't even had character development, since everyone is still the same.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Marvel keeps its whole continuity intact. See History of the Marvel Universe that is currently coming out.

There's a lot of stuff going on in MHA that it's different from the capeshit norm, but you're a retard.

>>Festival
>Deku doesn't apprehend Gentle, U.A goes under
This should be
>Deku doesn't apprehend Gentle, festival is canceled, nothing happens because a guy who jobbed against a 1st year wouldn't do shit against pro heroes, things are swept under the rug and classes resume next day

But still, this is a good list, it shows that we could easily cut half of BnHA and get basically the same story, just much shorter and with better pacing. Out of 14 arcs, 7 are stake-less.

>Not to mention, 13 pages of nothing is a norm for BnHA, this is why the pacing is so slow.
The JT arc, which has the lowest page count per chapter of any arc, still has an average of just over 15 pages per chapter so that's incorrect

Also, waving stuff off as being 'set up' is incredibly stupid as that doesn't dicredit it's importance in the story. Dequirking syrum, Eri and her rewind quirk, High End and the rise of intelligent Nomu. All these things are important to the story

all of hori's manga do this. Great running start and immediately falls flat on it's face and has to crawl the rest of the way. The only difference with this is that it ran a little further before falling and the big push from shueisha to establish it as a Big Series worth reading.

Gentle singlehandedly took down 5 pro heroes at once, and the mere fact U.A had another villain infiltration would put them out of business
>easily cut half of BnHA and get basically the same story
No. All action "life and death" all the time in a school setting is retarded. It is these lower-staked arcs that supply us with the most character building

that'd be just as bad as him getting btfo and ending up dead/in jail. Redemptionfaggotry is retarded

Like what?

Kimetsu no Yaiba is a lot better.

That's it.

Just a quick side comment

Blue Exorcist has a pretty steady flow and has only really had peaks in the last 10 years or so. I wouldn't compare it to MHA or Fairy Tail in that regard.

Also it's good , read it you cucks

>Dequirking syrum, Eri and her rewind quirk, High End and the rise of intelligent Nomu. All these things are important to the story
No, they aren't, so far. We don't know what will come out of any of these. It's a set up, if it will pay off or not we can only know after it happens or after the story ends. And even if they do pay off later, that's still 115 chapters of just set ups - again, this isn't to say these aren't important, this is to say the pacing is fucking awful.

>Also Deku having the most powerful quirck right from the beginning with the only drawback being trying to not destroy himself in the process makes all enemies
Yep, because in other shonen the MC has 100% chance of lose, right? Deku is far from a gary-stu.

THIS.

And it's selling more too.

A villain infiltration is different from a guy hitting their door and trying to go in.

>All action "life and death" all the time in a school setting is retarded
There is a difference between having some time to slow down and having half of the story be about slowing down.
And no, there is no character building. Most of the character are still at relatively the same state as they were back in the earlier chapters, they are just stronger due to background training. In fact, most of these chapters just exist to show how they improved from the previous one.

Kimetsu has a soul, Boku no Hero had one.

>What went wrong?
Nothing.
>No memes or shitposting
1 year without an anime.
>what actually happened with this series that lost it's potential so quickly.
It didn't. Actually the author is exploring more and more the potential. The last two serious arcs were not centered on the MC. This is a rare thing for a new shonen with such a large female audience.

The change in pacing. Everything up until Deku vs Kacchan 2 (which i see as the first "climax" in the series) moves pretty fast but not TOO fast. It was really enjoyable. Everything after that (which I think of as "part 2") has felt slow as molasses in the story development department besides Pro Hero and Remedial Training (which was like what, 2 and a half chapters?). Hopefully the new arc is good because the LoV arc let me down.

Because every arc is either a tournament arc or a training arc. It's boring as fuck.

Kimetsu has just as much stupid shit in it as MHA.

Actually, it's worse because the art is shittier.

>Deku doesn't apprehend Gentle, UA goes under
All he wanted to do was prove he was skilled enough to get past their security and then upload a video dabbing in front of the culture festival. It would've been bad press but UA's suffered worse.

That said there is literally nothing wrong with a comfy noblebright shonen with (mostly) low stakes.

>Too childish with most of the cast being kids in an overprotected setting wich doesn't give space to serious or dangerous stuff or any moral depth.
>A lot of villains are kiddos too making it worse, also Shigaraki sucks balls.
>The writting of the arcs is lame, with a lot of training and tournament stuff and barely any meat in the """"serious"""" arcs, it feels like the series doesn't have any story or point to make in what is telling at all.
The only reason this series is popular is because of capeshit, porn, and action in basically every character, but after a while all that gets sterile and you want actual "meat", wich never gets, in fact, it just does the older stuff but worse.

>Kimetsu has a soul
The arcs are pretty much the same. The MC never win a fight without an asspull. The sister is just a plot device. The villains need sappy flashbacks to have the least amount of substance. The art is bad.

If you want to shitpost Boku no Hero, at least use a better series.

Also, one piece at chapter 200 had Luffy fight crocodile. That is a lot of development.

Other times. The arcs now need to be fast or people lose interest. Things like Ennies Lobby and Chimera Ants were only possible because Togashi and Oda are bigger than Shonen Jump.

>Due to Kamino, we already know All Might could beat All for One, even in his weakened state, so Deku, whose power output will, in the future, be All Might + 1, is already set for a win. If that wasn't enough, he gets a mega power up by receiving O MY 7 QUIRKS BUFFED UP removing any sort of uncertainty that he is not only going to make it but there is nothing capable of ever stopping him
Nigger Deku said "this is the story of how I became the world's greatest hero" in the very first fucking chapter. There was never meant to be any kind of doubt or tension. This is not that kind of story.

Unironically there is no story. The entire premise was supposed to be about Midoriya's rise to becoming a hero. The whole superhero highschool thing caused the story to be stretched too wide with side characters and other clutter. Along with All Might losing his power and almost 100 chapters of no major conflict since Yakuza there isn't much steam. It feels like each chapter is just an idea slapped out to prevent the manga from going on haitus and it is a shame because the story has a good premise, but it is poorly excecuted.

Attached: 9booldxz9ax11.png (573x531, 298K)

You all started reading it when the anime came out so now i have to hate it because i hate all of you.

Attached: 1553112605172.jpg (603x603, 174K)

Meant for

Aka the story plateau'd at All Might vs AFO and hasn't been able to top it since.

Extremely low IQ post. The MC never actually wins a fight at all. Every fight is a coop fight with someone being either disabled for life or dead. Very high stakes stuff unlike this lukewarm series.

It was fast though. Naruto, in 200 chapters, has Sasuke start to be edgy and leave konoha.

>The villains need sappy flashbacks
Probably the worst part about Kimetsu. The author does it for the protagonists as well. Very little effort is put into naturally building up the character's backstories. Random sob stories are shoved in during battles to make you feel sad for them and trick you into thinking they're interesting characters. The whole Zenitsu's mentors child/grandchild, I don't remember, going evil and Inosuke spilling out his sad backstory about his mother with that guy who ate tons of women are prime examples.

Yes, he had to, yet in the next arc you see him punching the shit out of everyone with his arms

Only Twice, the guy isn't inherently evil. He just wants friends

Good post. Yeah, even if MHA was as good as Naruto or One Piece or whatever (it isn’t) that’s not the standard it should be held to

Deku doesn't punch people in the provisional license exam

The SoL shit isn’t the problem, it’s the lack of a compelling overarching narrative goal. Even if you think Deku becoming the world’s strongest hero is interesting he’s progressing way too slow

he has friends now, he doesn't need to make new ones

>people don’t become corrupt if they started off pure
Holy shit kys

I'm not saying I want it to happen, but that I can potentially see it happening. It wouldn't feel like a stretch if it were twice who was redeemed, as opposed to the other LoV members

Personally, I really likes how at first it handled all the secondary characters really well. So it seemed to me, because all other Shounen Battle manga I read over the years fall into this trap of only focusing the later portion of the story on only the handful of strong characters, and brushes all other people to the side. This clearly is happening to MHA now, and it's really dissapointing to me. Besides occasional training in groups, we don't see other classmates all that much. or at the very least main character interacting with others in a meaningful way. Author really should've set up a lot of mini arcs, where Midoriya and different classmates had to take down a villain, or went somewhere and we had a more of a comedic set of chapters where not only it fleshed out the characters but the world itself. Now it really seems to focus on Midoriya, Bakugo and Shouto. Second thing that comes to mind is the weak female characters. Again, at first they had a good amount of screen time and were pretty relevant to the story. Power wise they were in a similair ball park. Now, they are thrown to the side like many other Shounen Battle manga female characters that came before.

This. One Piece develops its villains (almost to a fault) whereas MHA can’t wait to kill them off

I just think that it's bad - wasting on something that clearly not going to be relevant soon more time than you spent on building the first major plot point(AFOvsAM). And let's be honest - not all of these 115 chapters were "the build up". You can cut half of the yakuza arc easily. You can cut out Gentle. And certainly can cut the fucking 90% out of JT and not lose anything. JT might be the worst shounen arc I've ever read, but I'm not the biggest shounentard out there, so I'm giving it a benefit of a doubt

MHA started meandering around aimlessly

>JT
>Worst shonen arc you've read
Jesus dude, did you start reading like a week ago?

If that’s the consequence it should’ve happened already to take the setting out of the school

I hate how Horikoshi just puts the dumbest and worst arcs after the most important ones
Kamino? Have your Licence exam
Pro Hero? Huh, have your Joint Training :))
Though it looks like he is finally going to break that with the current arc, but we can't be sure, knowing how even JT showed promise with its OFA dream

We don’t moron

I wonder what happened after Licence exam. It's like the pacing never recovered since Overhaul. Was Hori told to slow down due to success?

he literally said that he doesn't read much shonen directly after that. The JT arc is fucking wank though, I struggle to think of something as bad in a series that's otherwise mediocre-good like MHA

It hasn’t derailed into shitposting holy shit kys mha dickrider

Attached: the day bnha died.jpg (934x843, 228K)

Yet somehow One Piece stakes feel infinitely bigger

How can you eve say that when we just had both the JT arc, which showcased all 41 students, and the MLA arc, which was completely devoid of Midoriya, Bakugo and Shouto.
The new arc that has just started does involve those 3, but it's the first time they've been relevant in over half a year. Your complaint is completely devoid of evidence

I gave up when "One for All" turned out to be 200 quirks in one (for all). It should've been a quirk called like, "All for One", in my opinion. oh SHI

Attached: 1560091962617.gif (354x1100, 91K)

Your post is a literal shitpost. Don't make me link the archive results for that image, we both know you're only here to fling shit

Hardly anyone is trolling holy shit get over it, if you like MHA more power to you

Jojo is fun and doesn’t take itself seriously

>The MC never win a fight without an asspull
>win

Unlike other people I actually thought it was a neat idea for the MC to get the quirk of the #1 hero and have to learn to grow with it and all that
But then all of a sudden this guy gets SEVEN NEW QUIRKS packaged with it which is just some nonsense
On top of that Izuku’s nice and all, but basically every character around him is way more interesting
Izuku has no desires aside from just wanting to be like All Might, which yeah, we get it
But what else? There’s gotta be more than just that
Even Naruto wanted more than just to be the Hokage

doubt

One Piece arcs are extremely intricate and interesting and drive the overall story forward. Except for Skypeia arguably but I loved Skypeia anyway.

>edgy
Sigh, people really spit out this word just because they don't know any better
But yeah, MHA is currently at the chapters where Naruto's part 1 ended. How does it hold up and should we expect time skip soon?

Underperforming shows don't get extended. Black Clover was originally supposed to run for around 64 episodes, it ended up getting two extensions. If it had underperformed, it would've gone the way of Dragon Ball GT and been put away.

>41 students
I think that's one of issues with the series for me, Hori tries to develop way too many characters for 13 pages a week.

Next arc after developing this style.
He punched Overhaul all the time. Without any consequences. He punched Overhaul even before Eri came into play

Didn't Hori say MHA was planned to be 20 then 30 volumes (and beyond now) long? It's probably why the first 100 or so chapters moved along at such a brisk pace compared to now. That and he might have felt threatened at potentially being axed early like his previous series so he wanted to get to the good parts quickly.

>13 pages a week meme
Stop

>The SoL shit isn’t the problem
It would not be a problem if it was good and class 1-A had more personality and potential than a cardboard box.

cringe

Pic related is why people complain about the pacing of BnHA.

Attached: nothing happens.jpg (825x1294, 281K)

Would it make you feel better if I said 14? 15, 16, 17? 3-4 extra pages doesn't change my point.

holy shit this post screams underage
suck up mhafaggot

>Battle shounen #104503 that hasn't done a single thing not done before.
>potential
Pick one.

Yes

>>hasn't done a single thing not done before
Not even a big MHA fan but this is false.

Attached: My Villain Academia.jpg (1562x2466, 825K)

I don't understand this obsession with secondary characters and keeping them relevant. They played their part in some arcs? Okay, that's good and enough. But when the story unfolds and focuses heavily on plot - no shit you can't keep them all relevant, main characters exist for the sake of moving the plot, and needlessly shoehorning side characters just for the sake of it is stupid

but there were stories dedicated to Akatsuki

but user, this series is nothing except needlessly shoehorned side characters
y'know
because fanart is free marketing

>2 posts made literally one second apart
>"s-samefag!"
You're just making it seem like there really is just one guy vehemently defending this shitshow of a manga.

>battle arc with recurring villain as protagonists
This had been done before. Recently, even.

Not him, but the MVA arc literally had other Shounen authors commenting on how it was breaking ground

Deku is the perfect "Future School shooter"

The traitor WILL NEVER BE MENTIONED AGAIN.
You wasted countless hours theorizing about who the traitor is only for your mangaka to forget.

>The traitor WILL NEVER BE MENTIONED AGAIN.
it was literally brought up last chapter moran

Yeah. I didn't even like this arc and i have no idea why - smth in the way it was structured, the way MLA was treated and Shiggy's part killed him as a character for me(despite the fact that I liked him before), but i do admit that the idea itself was new and pretty damn good.
Though I still don't get how come at the start of the arc I was a LoVfag and hyped as hell, but by the end of it I just couldn't care less for them

Name them. Which arc in Naruto only involved villains?

Name them

>hero being a paid regulated profession leading to lack of ideal heroes
>majority of the world has superpowers but they're mostly mundane
>ranking system of heroes that encourage greedy competition
>top heroes act like typical celebrities
>most threatening villain group is comprised of punk school shooters
shit like this isn't the norm in capeshit from the biggest publishers

>moran
IESLB
Seems that I have flawlessly won once more.

Attached: 1487787881889.jpg (199x372, 28K)

All Might, Nezu and that police guy had a conversation regarding the traitor literally last chapter

>such a newfag he confuses ancient memes with ESL
wew

I bet you think idort is ESLshit too fag

>implying I care
N to the E to the X to the T.
DIS to the CAR to the E to the D.

Attached: 1494989359175.jpg (342x316, 60K)

>discared
?????

>that one editor reeeing because that's too dark for jump lel
Not really? They had short flashbacks, full multi-episodes backstories flashbacks(Nagato&Konan, Obito), but never an arc. Unless a filler, of course

>Shilling their magazine for sales
Wow gee.

FUCKFUCK NOOOOOOOOOO
THAT DIDN'T FUCKING HAPPEN
YOU DIDN'T FUCKING SEE THAT
I FUCKING HATE ESLS SO GODDAMN MUCH

Attached: 1488128329513.png (1280x720, 1008K)

>Oh shit my argument was completely wrong
>better call him out on his spelling
>oh shit wait now I just revealed I’m a huge newfag
>better double down on my shitposting
Lmao’ing at the struggle

Attached: 1502838654959.jpg (278x324, 87K)

Jesus

I've never seen another series where people complain so much about side-characters not getting developed. I get it if it's for characters like Iida and Ochako but then they want background character like class B or Ojiro to get screentime. They're background characters meant to fill out the class and the world, that's it. They don't need development.

Maybe it's because Hori pours so much thought into the designs of almost every one of his characters, no matter how small of a part they will play.

>Maybe it's because Hori pours so much thought into the designs of almost every one of his characters, no matter how small of a part they will play.
I'm pretty sure that's part of the problem. His art and character design is too good, every character that appears more than once has a "main character design" compared to any other Jump series

I remember how people were crying that the series will never recover after Overhaul arc when it was coming out. And I was shitting on them because it's just one meh arc and that's a very stupid thing to say.
Now i look at the pacing and overall story and...yeah, kinda feel embarrassed

So MHA is the only series you're familiar with? Konoha 11 getting cucked for Naruto/Sasuke is one of the major complaints that series gets.

Yeah, classic designs such as "Bird man", "fat guy" and "literally invisible", truly could be MC's of their own manga.

I dropped Naruto before the time skip over a decade ago and never hung out in that community. But yes, I've seen complaints about side characters getting ignored.

The guy really fell into the evil hands of editors
Expecting Bizuku, the story of Izuku's, n. 1 hero's son. Right after the series ends on volume 89, of course

they're good enough that you remembered them

Oh fuck off I posted that because it’s how I feel towards your stubborn retardation

The best selling and one of the most widely loved arcs came out after the Overhaul arc

Secondary characters should be important and have some shit to do if you want to make a believable world. Im not talking about that every has to do something, and takes up screen time, because supporting characters should be that, as well as plot device characters. But you mix the two with secondary. They should be of less importance, but instead, they do some cool things at first and disappear. While you can really tell same exact story but insert 1 or 2 of these characters here and there, rotating them. Instead of Midoriya going somewhere by himself, rewrite that part so that he can go with another classmate and give reader some insight into his character. As well as making show new sides to Deku because he interacts with someone he really did not before. There's a lot of potential and I like the manga, dont get me wrong, I'm saying that I see less and less good interaction unless it's sitting on couches for a Christmas gathering, which is the laziest way to do that.

This. Bnha just feels like it’s wandering aimlessly

Not defebding mha, but some of these are not accurate. Akatsuki haven't had their true goal introduced for a really long time. "Muh nine tails" is not the goal, but a method. And Sasuke hasn't truly left by that time

I was talking about characters like Iida and Ochako. I said all other classmates. Those are secondaryt characters. All other outside school, random smaller heroes are support characters. Those, I don't really argue about. They play their role.

But hasn’t Deku only ever fought without other students once in the entire series? And in that same arc he also was helping them plan a play

Chapter 190 was in the middle of the retrieval arc, when Choji was having his fight.

My friend put me onto this series and after I finished the sports fesitival arc, I went to discuss it with him. The conversation went like this:

>”Hey how are you liking the manga?”
>”Love it! I just finished the tournament arc!”
>”Which one?”
>”....”

Imagine being this retarded. It's selling because of backlog + anime boost. MHA will sell more when it has its anime boost as well.

your friend is a fucking retard, there's only one tournament arc

There’s another tournament arc in MHA?

It's not that the pacing is shit, it's that there's no story at all, compared to other manga by this time buu was to be awakened, naruto as a kid had already ended, Ichigo and company were fighting the arrancar in the desert, meruem was playing gungi with komugi , skypiea was starting etc.
Meanwhile mha had classes, and tournaments, some 10 chapter villains and muh seven quirks.

I didn’t think it was even selling more

>No, they aren't, so far.
All of those plot points were brought up recently in the last two arcs. You are wrong.
>wasting on something that clearly not going to be relevant soon
So you've proven yourself that you don't read ongoing serials.

>than you spent on building the first major plot point(AFOvsAM)
AM vs AFO was not built up this is why people who keep bringing that shit up are retarded as fuck

Yeah, and I don't see why he couldn't pick a couple lesser used classmates and made so that they tagged along with Deku. If then you thought that the villain was too weak to go against 2 or 3 of them, make him have a partner or make another villain that has nothing to do with the first get thrown into the mix by accident and have a three way bout.

Attached: 0173-014.jpg (1066x1600, 365K)

Really glad you aren’t an author

Read the manga before shitposting next time you shitpost retard.

Naruto was way too plot focused sometimes. Literally the opposite of MHA, huh.
But the problem with Naruto's side characters being dropped was not because "hrrr too many mains", but because with these side characters it had also dropped lots of potential within them. Finding other Jinchuuriki would make a grat arc. Neji alone could get himself an arc about exploring and changing his clan, and that shit would be interesting. Naruto characters overall have a secter hack pit that makes them more interesting by default, even if they are meh themselves - their clans. I would not mind more about the Aburame, for example.
When it comes to MHA, the problem is that class 1-A is boring as fuck and I don't want to hear about that. I don't want to know more about Kaminari. I am not interested in Jirou's musical career. Iida's hero family would be nice though, but other than that - they are just normal and giving them screentime won't make them more entertaining - there is nothing to entertain with in the first place

>Blue Exorcist has a pretty steady flow and has only really had peaks in the last 10 years or so
Yeah...10 years so that's pretty much the problem meaning nothing of worth happened previously and the manga is still boring as shit because teh cast is not interesting.

I don't understand when people just write something like "My favourite MHA character is Ojiro/Kaminari, he's so awesome!"
Like...why? He is barely a character...

Kimetsu is not even in chapter 190 and more stuff already happened there

>Unironically there is no story
>The entire premise was supposed to be about Midoriya's rise to becoming a hero

Attached: 1548436582897.png (726x612, 423K)

Phantom Troupe fighting Chimera Ants in HxH

>Secondary characters should be important and have some shit to do if you want to make a believable world
No they don't have to. This is hit you just made up

Naruto, which is way too long for it's own good and spent a good while going aimlessly around, had a total of 700 chapters.
BnHA is at chapter 243, and they are still first year highschoolers.

that wasn't an arc, that was a 3 chapter subset of an arc centered around the main character

>One Piece develops its villains

Attached: laugh.jpg (600x448, 38K)

Then the story would be over retard

the absolute state of MHA tards. kek.

>SEVEN
You cant count

>but basically every character around him is way more interesting
Nope

>Izuku has no desires aside from just wanting to be like All Might, which yeah, we get it
And this is also wrong

>Even Naruto wanted more than just to be the Hokage
Naruto's reason to becoming Hokage became moot after the timeskip and he NEVER got to understand what it takes to be Hokage he was just given the role after a certain point

>spent a good while going aimlessly around
When? I can only remember the pre-Madara war arc

>Underperforming shows don't get extended.
VRAINS got extended two times and now its getting canned. VRAINS was also doing better than BC

>Black Clover was originally supposed to run for around 64 episodes,
Wrong DVD listing had it at 64 episodes but those always change.

>he is here again
Who summoned the mhatard again, tell me?

see
>Because they're retards who seem to think all shounen manga have the same level of pacing

Yes user we know you're retarded.

Nothing happens (and that's a good thing!)

what are the rules of killing in the my hero academia world? if united states of smash killed AFO would anyone be upset?

heroes are supposed to take villains alive if they can, but pros are allowed to use lethal force if they have to

>And this is also wrong
Name Deku's other desires.

...convincing Bakugou to kiss his girlfriend...?

The Akatsuki didn't appear until the very end of Part I also all of Naruto Part I took place within the span of a couple of months in itself and All Might's retirement was a bigger deal to the world of MHA than the third's death. Also the Kazekage and Sungakure weren't even characters their alliance and the Kazekage's death was revealed within the same arc meaning it had no actually effect on the story itself. So really there's pm;y two major events in Part I Naruto that took a major toll on the plot and that is The Third's death and Sasuke leaving so out of Part I's 235 chapter span only two things of worth actually transpired.

Most of the shit that happen in DB also don't really matter. I like how in one instance you say three characters had died and brought back to life and how Tien becoming an ally to Goku means something so once again the only thing of worth that happens is Goku beating Young Piccolo because unlike the rest it actually has an impact and leads its way into the next major arc.

>HxH
Actually this proves that nothing of worth actually happened. Carry on

>Bleach
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>One Piece

Now this is the biggest heap of hypocrisy. One Piece during this time was primarily about set up in fact your description here only covers one fucking arc hell by the time the SH reached Shabody it had not been a fucking year since they started their journey.

>YYH

Yeah because it got canned

>FMA

Was a monthly series that ran for a decade.

>Jojo

Each part is a different story

So what's the point in this?

It said that it was the story of Deku becoming the greatest hero and he's a retarded idiot bitch who has done nothing to convince me he deserves it.

Nah just that the people hating it are vehemently asspained that someone is shitting on them.

>I get it if it's for characters like Iida and Ochako
And even that doesn't make sense since they had their time in the limelight. Iida himself was the focus of three important arcs in the series.

Not an argument

Based

Attached: 1323.png (640x360, 205K)

>Naruto was way too plot focused sometimes.
Quite the opposite really its why Part 2 is such a mess even from the start when the pacing slows down to a crawl and what should be just an opening arc to an ongoing saga Naruto's pursuit for Sasuke winds up being the major saga of all of Part 2 and thus defines his very character,

>When it comes to MHA, the problem is that class 1-A is boring as fuck and I don't want to hear about that.
You're pretty much in the minority here.

>The Akatsuki didn't appear until the very end of Part I
user, Itachi and Kisame literally came after Chunin exams looking after Kurama and we got their name and number of members. Also I'd argue that Kazekage and Sunagakure stuff is important due to Gaara getting the position and baasically being the plot of the first arc of Shippuden. Without that it would not have happened

Have better confidence in himself

You’re obsession is bordering on legitimate mental illness

Not an argument

based double trips

Iida was pretty much dropped from the story and everything. Not only doesn't he get merch, even Hori himself stopped drawing him among "main" characters. The latest color page is only a proof

>Naruto
The Akatsuki still had a motive and weren't depicted as complete jobbers in their introduction.
Part 1 also introduce villain, Orochimaru, began Sasuke's character arc, introduced Jiraiya, Gaara and Tsunade, in addition to showing off things like the Mangekyo, established relations between the major nations, and the end of Part 1 also explains Kakashi's backstory and introduces Obito.
>DB
Shit still happened, more than anything in BnHA. Goku had gotten multiple villains on his side, Gohan was born, we met God, and DB's pre-Freeza arc era in general is just way above BnHA for actually being entertaining.
>Actually this proves that nothing of worth actually happened. Carry on
Except for Kite coming back, Kurapika's development, introducing and explaining the Nen system, Killua actually becoming a Hunter.
>Yeah because it got canned
Wrong. Togashi chose to end the series and he was such an asset to Jump, they let him own the rights to HxH. He also ended YYH because not owning the property put restrictions on him.
>Was a monthly series that ran for a decade.
Alright, BnHA is at like Volume 23? Volumes are always the same length, so I'll compare from there. By Volume 23, Envy just died, the Sloth battle was nearing its conclusion and the volume ends with Izumi Curtis arriving. They were literally in the final arc.
>Each part is a different story
Not an argument. Araki had managed to tell two complete stories, each with their own well developed cast, and was midway through a third that completely changed the power system.

>e-everyone who hates my favourite manga is the same guy
>I-I'm totally not crying right now
It's just you

>user, Itachi and Kisame literally came after Chunin exams looking after Kurama and we got their name and number of members.
And I'm saying that the group as a whole did not make a full appearance until the very last page of Part I so its worthless to even bring it up given how brief their appearance was.

>Also I'd argue that Kazekage and Sunagakure stuff is important due to Gaara getting the position and baasically being the plot of the first arc of Shippuden
It wasn't important because there was nothing to the alliance in itself it was mostly a sham by Orochimaru to invade the village during the Exams. Gaara getting the position was a by product of him being strong and the village learning to respect him his father's death didn't play into much other than opening the position.

Based and checked.

So you simply don't like the direction it took, that's it. Because Kishimoto clearly did not plan Sasuke to just fuck off for one arc and thats it. I have no problems with Sasuke's chasing so I don't mind
Also there is a difference between being plot focused and having a slow pacing. Beginning of the Shippuden was indeed slow as fucking hell, but it was all related to the plot or the build ups for future. The only ones arguably filler-ish are Kakuzu and Hidan, but I can kinda forgive that for Shikamaru and the fact that Kishi wanted more out of that arc and their duo, but he was sick

>And I'm saying that the group as a whole did not make a full appearance until the very last page of Part I so its worthless to even bring it up given how brief their appearance was.
Nice backpedaling. They were still members of the Akatsuki, the goal was still there, and we knew there was more.

Not him, but including them on a list of ‘things that happened’ would be like including the multiple High End Nomu sitting in vats as ‘things that happened’ in MHA. Technically true but also completely inconsequential at this point in the story

Except Itachi and Kisame weren't inconsequential to the story and essential to Sasuke leaving the village and Jiraiya training Naruto at the end of Part 1.

>so its worthless to even bring it up given how brief their appearance was
No, it's fucking not. The appearance in anime lasted as long as the whole fucking Stain arc in MHA, huh.
>his father's death didn't play into much other than opening the position
user, how the fuck is previous Kage dying not a lead to the new Kage being chosen, what the actual hell
Also Gaara was chosen not thanks to being strong and respected. The council made him Kazekage because they thought they could tame him like that, they literally tell us that

Go and read about world-building you absolute moron. Characters are just one the axis that make -up the whole thing. It's like one of the pillars, and utilizing all of those pillars you get a world in your story.

>Sports festival
>Hero license
>Joint training

>”B-But those aren’t tournaments!”

They’re tournaments. Get all the cast of characters to compete against each other for number one spot.

>The Akatsuki still had a motive and weren't depicted as complete jobbers in their introduction.
Itachi and Kisame failed their mission and the members weren't given their full introduction until the last page of Part 1. The Akatsuki weren't even important in the grand scheme of things since most didn't actually know of where the groups true intentions even lied, Itachi was an undercover agent, Hidan, Kazuzu, Deidara, Sasori were literal fucking fucking who's and the Pain trio were rendered moot once Madara took over.

>Shit still happened,
Not really. If it happened it became moot in the following arc because that's how shit happens in Dragonball. The only villian in DB that had any impact was King Piccolo and he had no actual build up. What the fuck is the signficance of Tien becoming Goku's ally or Chchi marrying him when not even Toriyama gives a shit about it?

>Except for Kite coming back
Kite is a non-character who did nothing for over 200 chapters
>
>Kurapika's development
Who doesn't play a significant role in the plot and who's development is completely detached from Gon's.

>introducing and explaining the Nen system
In mot shounen introducing your power system is something that's done since the beginning . This isn't a point in HxH's favor
>Killua actually becoming a Hunter.
Okay? Not really signfcant though since Togashi speeds through it.
>stuff

Yeah cool horseshit bro. The series was canned.

>Volumes are always the same length,
Nope.

>By Volume 23, Envy just died, the Sloth battle was nearing its conclusion and the volume ends with Izumi Curtis arriving. They were literally in the final arc.
That's even stupider and goes back to what this user said not every shounen has the same pacing you're also forgetting that FMA was a monthly series with 50+ pages per chapter while MHA has 15-17 pages per chapter.

1.-The protagonist gets superpowers completely undermining the message
2.-Boring school setting where barely anything happens

>Not an argument.
Of course is an argument. Jojo doesn't follow a linear storyline and what happens in the previous arcs is mostly irrelevant to the pace and plot progression of the story. Case in point Part 3 has shitty pacing with multiple chapters based on a monster of the week villian who isn't even important.

>spent a good while going aimlessly around

Naruto has its faults but this isn’t true.

Why does it feel like 90% of the complaints aimed at Boku no Hero come from people who have not read the manga themselves?

Attached: IMG_20190914_192818.jpg (717x1049, 184K)

Fucking retard

>Yeah cool horseshit
This is from YYH's final volume. Note the last line.

Attached: mztzitvwTh1r6mrcio4_r1_640.jpg (575x855, 284K)

>The appearance in anime
Except we're talking about the manga retard. You're really going to shoot yourself in the foot using the anime?

>how the fuck is previous Kage dying not a lead to the new Kage being chosen,
Your dumbass do realize that the village wanted Garaa dead right? They didnt care for him at all so just because the Kazekage died doesn't mean he would have automatically got the position unless the village...ya know...liked him.

>The council made him Kazekage because they thought they could tame him like that, they literally tell us that
Wrong on both accounts.

Holy shit this is the most autistic posting I have ever seen.
Reddit spacing and you give me 6 fucking (You)s.
>Itachi and Kisame failed their mission and the members weren't given their full introduction until the last page of Part 1. The Akatsuki weren't even important in the grand scheme of things since most didn't actually know of where the groups true intentions even lied, Itachi was an undercover agent, Hidan, Kazuzu, Deidara, Sasori were literal fucking fucking who's and the Pain trio were rendered moot once Madara took over.
They were still the catalyst for Sasuke leaving and Jiraiya training Naruto. They were important.
>What the fuck is the signficance of Tien becoming Goku's ally or Chchi marrying him when not even Toriyama gives a shit about it?
It furthers Tenshinhan's character arc (you fucking dubfag) and ChiChi marrying him is literally what causes Gohan and Goten.
>Kite is a non-character who did nothing for over 200 chapters
Kite is the reason Gon became a Hunter and knew about his dad. His death causes Gon-san.
>Who doesn't play a significant role in the plot and who's development is completely detached from Gon's.
He plays a part in arcs he's the MC of like Yorkshin and Succession War.
>In mot shounen introducing your power system is something that's done since the beginning . This isn't a point in HxH's favor
Not an argument.
>Yeah cool horseshit bro. The series was canned.
Burden of proof is on you.
>Nope.
In terms of pagelength, yes. Monthly serials have 4-5 chapter volumes because they're naturally lengthier chapters. Volume 23 of FMA will have the same amount of pages as Volume 23 of BnHA.
>FMA was a monthly series with 50+ pages per chapter while MHA has 15-17 pages per chapter.
Which is why I compared their current volume you fucking tard.
>Of course is an argument.
It isn't. BnHA has shit pacing and you are coping so fucking hard. Go back to your reddit circlejerk.

So it was cancelled then.

that doesn't undermine the message at all though

>Very high stakes stuff unlike this lukewarm series.
Yeah, remember when the main characters suffered consequences? Oops, never.
Like what? The characters face an enemy, win with an asspull aaaaand... that's it. For 190 chapters.

The mangaka chose to end it. Christ you're a retard, YYH was one of Jump's most successful manga for its length.

You should learn to admit when you're wrong.

>So you simply don't like the direction it took, that's it.
No just that the direction was bad and led to some really awful moments and just ingeneral wasted so much fucking time. The ending of Part I made a lot of promises with seeing the Konoha 11 started taking their training seriously as Naruto embarked on his training with Jiraiya and you get none of the payoff since most of them don't do anything. I think Sakura's entire characterization is an accurate representation of Part 2; started out promising, went no where, completely shat itself and became worse than where she started.

Why are you lying so much?

Attached: 849838.jpg (600x754, 69K)

>STOP LIKING MHA!
>I MUST SHIT ON IT!

This is you

>Except Itachi and Kisame weren't inconsequential to the story
They were.

>essential to Sasuke leaving the village and Jiraiya training Naruto at the end of Part 1.
Sasuke left due to his own inferiority complex to Naruto THAT was the kicker that made him deflect and he admitted it during the fight that itw as because of him that he realize he had grown weak if someone like him who was a loser could surpass him in a short amount of time.

>Mirio introduced
>Think this will be an interesting arc where Deku proves there were certain qualities about himself that really did make him the ideal choice
>Nothing of the sort happens
>Deku wins because he has One for All, not because he's Deku
>At no point is it proven that there anything Deku did with the power that Mirio couldn't
>Mirio is depowered and Nighteye is killed off so this doesn't have to be addressed
>Deku's character arc has been over since he fought Bakugou and all he does now is get stronger
inb4 fags say this is intentional and it's deep that Deku was technically the wrong choice even though this isn't brought up in the story either. Mind you that would have actually been a good internal conflict for his character if it was.

I said "anime" because i didn't remember how many chapters it took in the manga. I just checked and it's roughly the same - 11 for Itachi, 13 for Stain(and that's with counting training chapters without him appearing at all)
>Wrong on both accounts.
This is LITERALLY fucking stated in the manga, you fucking moron
And I don't understand what are you even trying to prove with the second one. Gaara would not be the Kazekage without his father dead. His father would never give him the position. The village itself doesn't elect its leades, especially in Sunagakure.
And all of that is swept even further if we remember that shitty Gaara novel that states that Kazekage position goes by blood

Not an argument

>no argument
I find it funny that you couldn't even deny that you accused two anons who posted at exactly one second apart of samefagging.

>Hero license
>Joint training
>tournament arcs

Look at this retard

Because that is what you wanna tell yourself rather than considering you like something flawed.

>You simply didn't like the direction it took
>no, it's not that
>just that the direction was bad and led to some really awful moments
So...you did not like the direction it took. That's literally how it's called

It is pretty obvious jump is grooming hori to be the next cashcow. It's exactly the reason 7 quirks happened and why hori keeps introducing irrelevant side character after irrelevant side charcater. The problem is the man is not oda, and his side characters are pretty weak most of the time and he also can't write a coherent plot to save his life. The problem with mha is just that is just random shit happens without any sense of continuity.

No one cares about interaction and personal growth anymore. People only care about shock value and plot twist now.
>WHERE'S MUH TRAITOR?
>WHERE'S MUH DEATHS?
I blame SnK for that.

>No one cares about interaction and personal growth anymore
Especially not Hori.

>never read the manga
This shit again? Couldn't even find the words to support your favorite manga so you just accused the anons critizising it of having not even read it? I pity you.

This.

Attached: 1556855834336.png (431x426, 73K)

>Sasuke left due to his own inferiority complex
GUESS WHO FUCKING TRIGGERED IT? You don't find it weird that literally like 10 chapters ago Sasuke talks about protecting his friends against Gaara, then gets tortured by Itachi and hears his "not enough hate u need to be evil dude" speech and then goes nuts? Or you think Itachi was simply passing by and decided to show up for filler lulz?
At this point I'm starting to think you are shitposting or doing that on purpose

>back-pedalling and damage control
Pff haha. Neither hero license nor JT arc had a ‘number one’ spot to compete for and neither are anything even resembling a tournament. You just need to shitpost after actually reading the manga

>They were still the catalyst for Sasuke leaving and Jiraiya training Naruto
WRONG. Sasuke left because he was butthurt over Naruto surpassing him and Jiraiya and Naruto left because of Sasuke, those two didn't do anything but make Kakashi job.

>It furthers Tenshinhan's character arc
Oh wait you're serious...

>ChiChi marrying him is literally what causes Gohan and Goten.
So she's just a cumdump

>Kite is the reason Gon became a Hunter and knew about his dad. His death causes Gon-san.
That's nice he's a non-character who did nothing for over 200 chapters.

>He plays a part in arcs he's the MC of like Yorkshin and Succession War.
One arc that was 20 years ago and did nothing for worth for those 20 years after? What an important character!

>Not an argument.
I'll take this as a concession

>Burden of proof is on you.
What happens to series that end in Jump? They get canned.

>Volume 23 of FMA will have the same amount of pages as Volume 23 of BnHA.

>FMA 23 - 223 PAGES
>MHA 23 - 196 PAGES

>Which is why I compared their current volume you fucking tard.
But you're still retarded since they don't even have the same number of pages or pacing

>BnHA has shit pacing and you are coping so fucking hard
Not an argument

Thanks for proving his point retards,

So it was canned then.

What point? Tell me, retard, what point of his was proven?

The training arcs and that you never really feel like the students progressed into big-shots, which is standard in a battle shonen. I still think the anime was bretty good up to All For One vs All Might.
But if we're talking about wasted potential, it's that. They defeat STAIN, THE VILLAIN WITH OVER 20 CONFIRMED HERO KILLS and the fucking anime doesn't change at all. In any other shonen, that'd have been the turning point where our protagonists are now upgraded to a higher rank and recognized as pros and sent to big missions, but not in BNHA.
Deku quite literally erradicates the Yakuza by defeating the uber-strong Boss and he doesn't become the most famous student in Japan recognized by everyone. In fact, he solo'd Muscular, a well-known threat and it never even got talked about.

It's like the author likes blueballing us and maintaining the status-quo. But besides that, there's the fact that the students are always training and doing school shit instead of hero shit.
Like, fucking hell; we've seen Class A1 fight in the beginning villain vs hero test (where Bakugou & Iida fight Ochako & Deku), then we saw the whole class fight again in the UA festival, then class fights again in the joint training arc... the license arc... the fight against the teachers...
Bloody hell, we've seen the students fighting other students more times that we've seen them fight villains.
The training feels pointless if we never see Satou or Mina actually using said training to defeat baddies. And it's too late now, the ratio is too fucked up. The students from this "HERO" manga have fought each other many more times than they've fought actual crime.

Good to see you didn't read it.

Most chapters are basically about that. The last one started with a letter from Eri. And the protagonist's mother, who is usually dead in most battle shonen, is not ignored either. But, yeah, let's keep saying that the manga is rubbish and doesn't do anything right.

>somehow missing the entire chapter revolving around Nighteye coming to the realisation that Deku was the correct choice over Mirio because of his All-Might tier readiness to fling himself into danger
>Not sewing this in their different reactions upon being faced with Eri in the alleyway

>and that's with counting training chapters without him appearing at all
So its less than that and you just counted them for some abrituary reason

>This is LITERALLY fucking stated in the manga, you fucking moron
Wrong again.

I bet you like Black Clover or Demon Slayer

This is not an argument

Name one way Deku's character has changed after the first arc other than getting stronger.

Yes I did not like the bad direction it took. I thought I made myself clear

both shit. I like op

He's right. Nighteye and his power only exist to be proven wrong. The logic behind Deku being the right choice after all is completely circular, he wins because he has One for All, not because he's Deku. Nighteye tells us Deku bent the future but there's no way of actually fucking conveying to us how Mirio couldn't have done the same thing if he had One for All. It's a lazy shortcut. The quandary isn't actually resolved, its swept under the rug because Mirio is benched and Nighteye dies, and the story acts like its resolved. Characters that threaten Deku Stu LITERALLY AREN'T ALLOWED TO EXIST in this manga.

>GUESS WHO FUCKING TRIGGERED IT?
Yeah Naruto. He admitted it. Sasuke in all his retardation never thought he was stong enough to beat Itachi at that point but his frustration came about when Naruto proved he was stronger.

It wasn't suppose to be one. Just pointing out that your embarrassing mistake that you keep on ignoring.

There was an entire portion dedicated to Nighteye realising why Deku was chosen, retard

Attached: 1436140878863.gif (320x228, 1.78M)

This is not an argument

You’re kidding right? Look at Deku at the start of the story and then look at him during the Gentle and JT arcs. The confidence difference is huge, as well as his ability to take initiative

Except Mirio ends up doing the same thing and ends up getting punished for it. Deku is just lucky.

Based retard

Reminder you guys are replying to the retarded Herofag ESL who makes up about 90% of the MHA apologist posts and obsessively defends it 24/7.

Attached: 1551987442117.jpg (1300x1000, 495K)

That quote is garbage.

'Absolute power reveals absolutely'. Give someone power and they will reveal their true nature. It's just that most of the time, that means being a fucked up person.

What? But aren't I right? I like BNHA but that'd be the biggest point against it I think. The goddamn status quo with Deku and the fact that the students fight each other and teachers more than villains.
Aren't those big fuck-ups for a Superhero battle shonen?

I'm not sure if you understand that obsessively hating on something is just as bad as defending it.

Mirio redeems himself, however before the events of the Yakuza arc he was unaware he even had the flaw to begin with. Deku was born with the correct mindset whereas Mirio had to learn it through letting Eri suffer

He won because he has one for all AND because he didn't left himself down after hearing Sir's prediction. Both Mirio and Sir trusted his quirk to a T, but Deku actually tried to change something while believing he would make it

People conveniently forget that Deku was in the wrong for challenging Overhaul in that moment in the alleyway, and nearly got both himself and Mirio killed. Mirio was already aware of the potential danger despite later feeling guilty about it. Then he actually takes a calculated risk when he has the opportunity to and gets fucked.
If Deku can change over time from meek to confident then Mirio could change as well, and displayed the ability to do so in that arc.

>Wrong again.
Literally chapter 266. Just went there and checked. You are legit a fucking shitposter. Have your (You)

I think they made it very clear after the Stain fight that the kids were operating completely outside of the law and thus the story had to be covered up. A running theme in this story is the media covering up events for the sake of an agenda. In the cases of the students, many of their achievements fly under the radar to uphold the status quo because society and U.A’s reputation are so fragile

>Literally chapter 266
That's Part II dumbass

It doesn’t matter, the original point was “it was never explained why Deku > Mirio” when it very clearly was

>TRIGGERED IT?
>Yeah Naruto. He admitted it. Sasuke in all his retardation never thought he was stong enough to beat Itachi at that point
He comes into the room screaming "I've been waiting for so long for this, now you are going to die"
But you are probably retarded enough to spill out something like "deep inside he knew...... No-no, meeting with Itachi had no weigh, Sasuke did not decide to recheck his goal of friends-protection because of that, yes"

That much is true. But then again, it's the author creating those rules so I think we can hold it against him. And the villain attack at the forest wasn't secret at all, that's why they went to live at the UA dorms and some parents wanted to take their kids off the school... meaning that Deku defeating the famous assassin Muscular should have been public knowledge and he should be respected a bit more.

Read the manga

Attached: 0227-012.jpg (1066x1600, 401K)

What are you guys on, Naruto until the hokage reunion after Pain shits massively on mha, and by then it was like 500 fucking chapters.

>meaning that Deku defeating the famous assassin Muscular should have been public knowledge and he should be respected a bit more
Yeah it should. Hell him defeating Overhaul should have made him a legend since that happened out and the open.

...you are legit fucking retarded or shitposting. The whole conversation we had about Gaara Kazekage was about Part 2(yes, it started with how the event of part 1 allowed that to happen, but quickly came to this). If this is the argument you are going to use now(despite previously trying to deflate aka "n-no, t-that wasn't in t-the manga!", despite being given the fucking chapter) then i just come to the conclusion that you are out of arguments and were utterly btfo. (You)

>Naruto until the hokage reunion after Pain shits massively on mha,
Fuck no. Part 2 is slow and uninteresting until Sasuke is given focus then it becomes irredeemable garbage with Pain.

Yeah no. Just compare Naruto vs Neji to Deku vs Shoto and that will show you the difference in writing quality between these series.

>yes, it started with how the event of part 1 allowed that to happen
Wrong again

Attached: rentfreeDeku.png (1798x1498, 220K)

Imagine unironically defending this slow paced garbage series with an MC that keeps crying and has OH MY 7 QUIRKS

>I think we can hold it against him
No, YOU can hold it against him for not writing the story YOU want, but all he’s doing is following the internal consistency of the world he has created. Deku is still recognised (see: Gentle) outside of the school due to the media attention he has received, however he was never interviewed nor questioned about Muscular due to the immediate follow up mission on the Kamino hideout

imagine getting btfo in an argument and then passive aggressively seething about it instead of proving the other guy wrong

It was never good.
The potential you saw was in your head. pretty aweful manga from first issue. QUALITY tier anime with meme sakuga thrown once a season to keep the sakugafags asking for more.

>however he was never interviewed nor questioned about Muscular due to the immediate follow up mission on the Kamino hideout
He was hospitalized and it happened in the forest. The most the news reported on it was that UA got the students in danger not that a student defeated a death row inmate.

Why are you so dense? Are you trying to pretend you don't understand what are we talking about? It's not about the inferiority complex itself, but rather what fucking triggered it. Why, according to you, we didn't have the hospital scene right after Gaara? You really think that Sasuke would act the same? Except after Gaara Sasuke ran to Naruto in order to save him from Itachi. He cared about him and Team 7. It's Itachi who came and fucked him up with Vietnam flashbacks. It's after Itachi that Sasuke jumped into the kind of mentality that allowed the hospital scene to happen. This a basic fucking chain of consequences, you moron

Yeah, they obviously wouldn’t want the news to be reporting on how they had students fight against literal cannibals

Okay, you could have just stated you were shitposting instead of wasting my nerves. Get a (You) again, you bastard

More like you're just trying to elevate Itachi's to not look stupid.

I mean I do think it's very well made since the character interactions and some situations are still top tier.
But it sounds like a SAO situation where the story itself isn't that good but the setting makes you think it is through headcanon. Hero school and virtual world, yeah those just get you thinking.

>QUALITY tier anime
Have you watched it? There’s really no way you can say this if you have, as the only QUALITY in the entire 3 seasons is in the second half of season 3 due to the movie’s production

"It was never explained why Mirio couldn't do what Deku did" was mentioned so no, that's not a refutation. Even if it wasn't the original point, that does not make a clarified comment disappear.

>>FMA
>Was a monthly series that ran for a decade.
Your point? Pacing is not about release schedules, but the content of each release.

>>Jojo
>Each part is a different story
Yes, and in Jojo they managed to tell 2 and a half stories in 240 chapters, while Deku still is a first year.

I already answered you above , you are clearly pretending to not understand what you are told and dont provide a single argument other than "no that's wrong". Even the other guy prefered to stop replying rather than waste time with you. I have a very strong feeling of you being that one obnoxious mhatard with a nickname "schizo-kun"

HERE WE GOOO

Attached: Rent free.jpg (407x407, 93K)

>FMA 23 is all focused on one big battle
>MHA 23 has the OfA revelation, end of the Joint training, Shinsou being accepted into the hero course, Finding out what type of quirk Eri has, Bakugou and Shoto getting their licenses, the beginning of the MVA arc
Okay

>Yes, and in Jojo they managed to tell 2 and a half stories in 240 chapters
what's the point of complaining about story pacing but using Jojo as an example? By your "fast good slow bad" metric, Jojo completely assrapes every other shonen by telling 2 entire plots in the time it took most others to arrange the plot

And what's more, assuming the conversation ends at the first counterpoint is ridiculous
>Deku being better than Mirio isn't properly explained
>Yes it is, here is the story's explanation
>That isn't sufficient as there is information in the story that casts doubt on that
>Oh well debate over I win

Lol, the chunin exam alone is better than whatever hori has managed to write to this day and destroys mha tournament arc, don't even get me started with other arcs in naruto which are better than it.

What? What else is there to discuss?
All Might was running out of time to choose a successor and he chose Deku specifically because he possessed the retarded drive necessary to throw your life under the bus to save just one person. At the time of selection, Mirio didn’t possess that quality

>character interaction are top tier
user is this your first anime or something? This show has the character subtlety of wet cement.
>have you watched it
yeah, sat through first and some of second season. friend's a VO on it, wanted to see him in. Had to take lots of stops and completely dropped it at the tournament. If that's what you consider good animation you probably are relatively new to this too. dig some more, bnha is a low tier anime.

Fuckoff MHA are shit garbage tier anime

I know that already. All Might making an impulsive decision based on Deku's display of bravery is the reason why Deku got OfA, it's not the a proper reason as to why Deku is better.

I forgot you can't praise anything about MHA without someone quoting "NO U'.

Because Mirio didn’t possess that quality which All Might believed essential to being the symbol of peace

When you ask to pick the two and compare, you should pick something obvious or at least negatively paint "the bad option" with words. As a result of not doing that, i just stared at your reply and thought "yes, i too liked Neji fight more", only after that realising that you were actually trying to defend mha
Good luck

I never said it was top of the line retard, but it’s a far cry from any sort of QUALITY. To call it that is an immense disservice to the animators

>BASED bones garbage tier

>makes another bait thread
>fucking links it
You are one retarded nigger

why

what the fuck bro

But there is information that show's Mirio could possess those qualities. I already know why Deku was chosen in the moment. Mirio proved he was just as valid a choice as Deku, and the story outright states that Deku's approach would have gotten them all killed, but apparently it wasn't really about finding a balance between the two.

Oh good, can't talk about this show without losers getting defensive
BNHA threads should be banned automatically for assumption of underage
go watch more anime, expend your view a little before getting defensive over garbage

BASED

Attached: 01-00-54-1547834215758.png (606x328, 274K)

it felt like it was trying to rip off one punch man and naruto simultaneously

Attached: 311112.jpg (1147x825, 118K)

BASED

>One Punch Man invented superheroes

The only big thing they have in common is superheroes.

If you unironically think MHA’s anime is QUALITY then you seriously need to watch more anime

"being a superhero is just a job" retards

But the animation are shit

man you're really gonna be shocked when you find out about X-Men and the Justice League

Here the fix for you
> One Punch man create Japanese super hero genre

you're gonna be shocked when you discover my dick in your mom retard

Who care about capeshit

It didn't, though.

cope, seethe and dilate

Man of culture only reading manga

>Epic upvote fellow underage edgyfag pol/cuck loving nigger. All this shithole is Reddit for idiots and retards and manchildren and incels shitposters.

>Capeshit is for niggers and normies.