GATE is fucking stupid

This is, without a doubt, the most retarded anime I have ever watched. Fuck you Yanai. You make me lose faith in humanity.

Attached: dfesvrgth.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/ED6Z1_LU0AAk2no.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/EDsvGDSUwAAvvHr.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/D0z-cypU0AAm2-x.jpg:orig
youtube.com/watch?v=J3sWzqj0qBY
pbs.twimg.com/media/EERklcOVAAAA91m.jpg:orig
twitter.com/niffysix/status/1169896859050995713
pbs.twimg.com/media/EEVty-fVAAATqCD.jpg:orig
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ap_Bac
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Đồng_Hới
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought it was rather nice

Nah, GATE is fun. OP is just being a faggot as always.

You're free to believe that. I give you permission.

anime original ending

Do I know you? You talk like I know you, but I don't. Stop pretending to know me. It's fucking gay.

It was fun,but what wasn't smart was to make the portal into a town.

Making changes for the anime could be good, they just picked ones that made it worse.

They were used to being unstoppable, and invading from inside a city would avoid any walls they might expect.

Attached: EEGX7UCUwAAuKIc.jpg orig.jpg (1000x623, 48K)

>expecting something good out of literal JSDF propaganda

This was the only anime to ever offend me because of its portrayal of how to deal with PTSD
>Dude just get revenge lmao
The insane delusions of a man who never saw combat. Genuinely fuck GATE.

Are you seeing the people replying in this thread? There are tons of idiots that believe it's good.

>western fag cries because japs use the same tropes as western propaganda media

>I'm going to try and be as wrong as possible in one sentence.

It's possible to think it's good enough while still admitting it have places that could be improved. Getting people to agree on which parts to change is also difficult.

Yeah, but it's fun. Plus the girls are hot.

I hope he starts censoring less with hands and knees. Creatively hiding things has some good points, but sometimes I just want a good view between their legs.

You don't know me but I know you, faggot.

I'll fight you bitch

That's dumb, dude. Like this show.

I'm going to miss the cute new addition once she's no longer relevant. I wish we had a reference image for Tyuwal like she got too.

Attached: EDn3a0fU8AIicNF.jpg orig.jpg (1000x750, 97K)

it's great, it's rare to see magic gets BTFO'd by gun

The manga is better

Attached: 1549730489016.jpg (800x795, 104K)

Hakone gunfight was a laugh.

For multiple reasons, although not all of them can make it directly into the manga. pbs.twimg.com/media/ED6Z1_LU0AAk2no.jpg:orig

>US military
>budget:BILLIONS AND BILLIONS
>Standing force: MILLIONS AND MILLIONS
>is super powerful and dominates dark age fantasy force
Would check out
>Japan Self-defence force
>not even an army
>budget:lol
>Standing force:pfft
>is super powerful and dominates dark age fantasy force
Hold up

Oh japan. of course there is a line up of all the women in a show, nude. Might as well complete the garbage show checklist, right?

That's just the artist liking the girls enough to make something extra. And it's sadly not all of the girls either. I wish he would make the higher resolution files available someday.

delete this image I don't like it

Itami's not giving her his rod of steel, so she's going to have to satisfy herself with something bigger until he gives in. It's an older sketch too, and we should get to see her puffiness again.

Itami's an otaku. His rod is a micropenis.

If only she found someone else from Japan to be interested in, she could be riding it all the time.

Thank god some artists aren't afraid of a woman with a bush.

I am cool with any series that ends in everyone getting some action like this was the end of a Rodney Dangerfield movie.

Attached: GATE - 24 (1280x720 HEVC AAC).mkv_snapshot_18.29_[2018.12.12_15.38.33].jpg (1264x2856, 1.13M)

Even girls that are artificial. pbs.twimg.com/media/EDsvGDSUwAAvvHr.jpg:orig

Everyone but Itami, the one who needed it most.

>Even girls that are artificial.
Sao is the only reason I still care about GATE. At it's best the story is about average, but his art keeps me coming back because he's got a great style, a great attention to detail, and his love for military iconography helps to sell the whole story. I just wish he had a better base to work around but at least he seems to be enjoying himself on this manga and the characters he's been able to work with.

There are certainly ways I wish the story was changed, although I'd still read it even without involvement, though it would be worse. It seems to fit his interests of military and non-humans, but I'd rather see less of the military and more of the girls.

The one issue I had was that somehow a bunch of Japanese weekend warriors out gunned several US special operatives that ambushed them. Even with Rory's help they should've been pinned down or forced to escape with Rory's help.

Also the ending kinda blows. I get that sure they had to close the magical gate, but he never did bang his harem. I could get that if he had some excuse, but he had lots of free time and he's unmarried.

And Rory had plenty of opportunity and motive to make sure he had no choice. He should have been banging them early and often anyway.

For me the biggest change that I think would be an improvement would be making it less a conflict between the JSDF and !Rome, and instead double down on the exploration of two cultures meeting and working out a middle ground. The best part of the manga has been when Itami got on the Humvee and started driving around encountering new things and relying on his crew who are more at home and have their own specialties and influences to handle situations. Stuff like the Minotaur and previous sickness necessitating the search for a cure, Lei Lei's pilgrimage and the entire culture of mages, Dealing with an assassin. Those are all great.

The big combat moments only work when there are no JSDF nearby because they immediately suck up any and all tension. The rose knights repelling the sweepers is brutal, even though in my mind I knew they couldn't lose it still was a gripping series of chapters up until the guys with guns show up and you know how that song and dance goes.

So shrink the scope of GATE and change the focus. This isn't the JSDF coming through to ultimately liberate a country from it's ruler and spread the glory of Nippon all over them. Have it be about a japanese squad traveling through the fantasy countryside and leave the reason either unimportant or non-critical. Maybe they are just a patrol detail in a new region of a fantasy world that humanity has gained access too. Leave ammunition as a limited resource necessitating the use of alternate means to survive with guns as a last resort.

Attached: x3.jpg (800x1137, 410K)

Other than the initial crushing of the empire's military, any further combat like that should have been against threats like dragons or minotaurs. We already knew how easily an army with swords can be crushed. Lelei driving and studying was more interesting than politics.

Attached: 004.jpg (844x1200, 583K)

>Lelei driving and studying was more interesting than politics.
It's no surprise some of the best moments have been as a result of her travels. It's the most color the worldbuilding has to it and I could give fuck all about Zoral and his inability to recognize he's getting played by his fuck bunny, and that he cannot stand up to the JSDF. But I'd say the politics have their moments as well, the mother and father burning their estate down to cover for their daughter pulled at the heart strings quite well. Fucking amazing parents stuck in such a shit country.

Attached: Gate_ch67_p32.jpg (1000x1422, 440K)

To be fair, I don't think it'd take much for any modern first world country to massacre a dark age fantasy force.

I wanna see a live action, American version of GATE.

It would be like Generation Kill mixed with GATE

It's also annoying that the fuck bunny is the only one we really get to see being fucked. The estate burning was fine, it's just how much time spent on the aftermath rescuing them later that I didn't like quite as much.
It would never fit the story, but I'd like to see what Rory would do if she wasn't tied to the orders of the gods. Releasing gunpowder so soon wouldn't be smart anyway, but other developments wouldn't be as much of a problem, and some possibilities Rory might even enjoy seeing the results of if she wasn't told to stop them. Lelei also has some other great ideas we haven't gotten to see outside of non-canon art.

Attached: 29ed.jpg (600x853, 184K)

It could work similar to 1632 where a meager modern day paramilitary basically dominates a far less technologically advanced culture on the battlefield but in turn has to make up for a relative lack of manpower and resources.

>American version of GATE
Already done, it was good. Led to a great to decent television series and lots of HFY.

I liked that moment with Rory because it blindsides me with the realization for what Rory is in the context of the world. Demigod's like Rory are the scissors they use to trim the metaphorical bonsai tree that is civilization. And that Yao doesn't get to show off her 300 years of experience even once is an eternal letdown.

Attached: Stargate Poster.jpg (601x879, 44K)

You sound like a fucking child.
Fuck off bitch.

He doesn't need to. No matter when, where and how, OP is always a faggot. It always has been. It always will be.
The only variable is the size of faggotness.
I concede that the post and this whole charade is good bait.
You're still a massive faggot though.

Attached: 1502160438231.png (624x628, 81K)

obvious samefag is obvious

It's nice when something is used to explain why a world hasn't advanced as it should have. They don't even get a choice to disagree, but I wonder how it works if multiple gods disagree about what to allow. I don't think Rory would be so quick to stop things like that as a god, but she would be outnumbered. Maybe an isolated island somewhere would be acceptable as a pocket of modern civilization, or she could just leave for another world. I'd rather see some others like Tuka and Lelei getting some experience of their own, but even Yao would have been nice, although getting ahead of Rory isn't something she would ever want to risk.

Attached: 00098.jpg (833x1186, 320K)

Fucking Isis would take that shit over within a few months even with their sand grenades and snackbars.

Now that's just sad.
I'm phonefaggin and you still outfags me.

Attached: Screenshot_20190912-015443_Chrome.jpg (1280x720, 332K)

Attached: k(1).png (770x390, 43K)

>It's hard to use photoshop, you know

you copying me bro?

Attached: ice_screenshot_20190428-051024.png (851x796, 711K)

tell me something user. In that moment before you say fuck it and carry on with your day. That small moment when you realize you have been proven wrong... do you feel bad or angry?

>They don't know
It's an edit of a lineup

>Photoshop too hard. I give up now.

It's from the artist, and I saw him post it on post pixiv and twitter. pbs.twimg.com/media/D0z-cypU0AAm2-x.jpg:orig

50 seconds. We got close to hivemind levels.

Oh he knows, at this point it's just bait.

See?

>gotta mix it up so it don't look like samefag

Elves and Rory

Fuck yall

Attached: 1502160149556.jpg (625x626, 50K)

Nope.

>he edited a lineup
Wew lad

I'm trying to remember where it started, but I've seen that exact lineup with LoL chicks and Bleach girls ages ago

Fucking elves and Rory is a great idea, but don't leave Lelei out.

Attached: forgotten.png (1280x1402, 1.62M)

Lelei is all yours, i know she's your favorite

>This is, without a doubt, the most retarded anime I have ever watched.
Watch more anime.
Your judgment is worth shit when your total is 5.

I think Rory is just as great, and many of the other girls are good too. Lelei just doesn't get nearly as much attention as Rory.

Such trash JSDF propaganda.

It's not a unique idea.

How to make the worst character ever:
- Make him great at everything but don't mention it until way later when it happens to come up in random conversation.
How to suck your country's cock:
- Write a story where literally every other country is some combination of evil and greedy except yours
How to be a manchild:
- Guns vs swords at the expense of a plot.

Gate is great

Attached: _AGb17IC.jpg (400x400, 34K)

I want summer to leave.

No sir.

She is too. Both shaved and with a bush.

It's propaganda but at least the manga scratched my itch for violence. The anime is basically propaganda without all the fun bits. Boring.

The anime should have had the same amount of violence and nudity as the manga.

Does the manga diverge from the novel?

I'd like it to diverge with Itami and his lack of actions toward his harem.

The manga is better.
Rory is best girl.
Fuck Zorzal.
Fuck Thyuul, the cunt.

>It's fucking gay.
no, it's quite thoroughly straight

>This was the only anime to ever offend me because of its portrayal of how to deal with PTSD
>>Dude just get revenge lmao
did they really do that?

Isis Isekai when?

Wait a minute, OP. Are you implying that Japan doesn't have the best military forces of all time?

What was that old meme post about this?
"And so, the JSDF went to fight God"

are there elven comfort women?

It's worth it just for this:

youtube.com/watch?v=J3sWzqj0qBY

I enjoyed Gate, but I'd love to see a troll-sub or edit of the manga where the characters describe the reality of Japan's military and military history to the incredulous natives

Yeah, the anime is terrible. Manga is dope though.

Attached: 1547443341294.jpg (1000x1422, 680K)

What do I read mangas, haven't done it before

Why does every "JSDF vs isekai army" have the isekai army be extremely underpowered and unable to put up a fight?

Okay, guns > swords but its a fantasy world, you could have mages drop meteors on JSDF bases, mind control commanders, etc, etc. Theres so much potential there.

But no, every series has the fantasy army job to the JSDF because they have little to no magic available.

Just about any manga site you can find online.

Attached: 1518752831057.jpg (1099x1600, 627K)

>But no, every series has the fantasy army job to the JSDF because they have little to no magic available.
Do they? The only series I'm aware of really doing that is Gate?

yeah, basically, anywhere that isn't Mangafox is fine.
Though I haven't checked them in ages, maybe they imrproved?

Cop Craft sort of had the "Isekai vs. Modern World" war happen in its backstory and the result was a bit more even.

Is it worth reading? Some user in this thread said the ending is shite and there's the MC doesn't tap any of the girls available.

has there ever been a US film or TV series that was as shameless as Gate in its fellation of the military?

Yeah it's up there.

It's far from complete. But the MC is a fag so I doubt he'll tap anyone (except maybe his ex)

Plenty.

Does it have good fanservice despite that?
A lot of them, if you look over to russia for example, there's even a few musicians and bands that focus solely on military stuff.

>Does it have good fanservice despite that

Yeah, it's alright. IMO.

Nah

Attached: 1566739121985.webm (960x540, 2.69M)

ITT: leftist cucks coping with raging inferno in their assholes by pretending they're mad at a chinese cartoon because of it's "objective" flaws, not because they can't tolerate the author 's politics don't align with theirs.
You'd think this is an Ayn Rand thread.

Fuck off Gate was good.

The MC is an obvious self-insert for the author so why did he make him such a faggot?

People who call Gate "propaganda" are either communists or butthurt Americans. Prove me wrong.

We might never know. Even putting Rory aside because of her childlike body he has a dark elf just begging for his dick for fuck's sake.

Or maybe it's because of the "no fucking the special area women" policy of the JSDF.

>anime about the JDF being competent

Hahahaha maybe the nips should do something about the based American chads raping their women in Okinawa or something

>Or maybe it's because of the "no fucking the special area women" policy of the JSDF.
At the end of the anime three JSDF soldiers end up engaged with the local women.

>Plenty.
>A lot of them
could I have some examples, please?

isn't virtually the entirety of the MC's harem either underage or underage-looking?

Any movie where some alien race comes to earth and it's always to america or if it's not aliens then it's the russians who need to be put down. Or that American Sniper thing that came out years ago.

Almost any american movie about war.

And? What's your point, he's in another world so the laws of the land apply. Also, we measure age in years, which is the movement of our planet around the sun, who the fuck know whether or not they have the same system and same planetary allignment as us. What I'm trying to say is that all those elves and demi-girls aren't going to fuck themselves (well, they can and probably do, but you get the point) and the MC needs to do his duty as a man in a foreign land and breed.

Well for american ones most of war movies that barely show american forces taking casualties most of the times they take place in modern times i think the latest example i saw was Fury because a single tank defeated a fuckton of SS guys with panzerfausts.

Anime did a bunch of things differently from the manga, and I haven't read the LNs/novels so I can't say wich is more faithful to the source material.

But at the current point in the manga I don't think anyone other than Tomita is supposed to have banged otherworlders (Zorzal's sex slave too). Or maybe Kenzaki with the angel-winged prostitute but it's not shown or talked about.

The only post worth anything in this thread.

Theres one more where the whole of Japan gets isekaied. They make allies with a country of demi-humans and then an empire of not-romans invade to rape and pillage the demi-humans, so they ask Japan for help.

And of course you have the JSDF navy laughing at wooden boats that try to fight back with fire arrows and stuff like that, because we cant have the JSDF lose to high tier magic.

>Anime did a bunch of things differently from the manga
I thought the manga was still behind the anime.

Yes, but some parts (like the Labyrinth If I remember correctly) were skipped entirely in the anime.

I think someone back in '15 mentioned that the anime adapted the novels as they had come out, and the manga was chronological to the entire series, and included side stories from Gaiden books that had come out after the orinal novels.

IMAGINE

Yes, but apparently the best we can hope for is maybe a change so he does tap them, or the artist draws it outside the manga, but so far he only has shown nudity, not sex.

Attached: 008.jpg (844x1200, 630K)

Only one of them could possibly count basecd on time, and two based on appearance, although their appearance looks old enough to me, so I don't know why those two are missing nipples in the manga. But it's a different world, and you also don't turn down a centuries old demigoddess who is desperate for sex, no matter how it might look if someone actually found out.

It wouldn't surprise me if she's secretly getting sex near that age while Itami's still concerned about what it would look like if he did it with Rory.

Attached: 66365339_p0.jpg (1000x1414, 216K)

That's good enough. Also, if they can understand each other, why do they need the "Sell Fone" shit? It's a simple word, cell and phone, you can do it loli-baba.

They probably can't use the word easily because it's such an alien concept to them.

Meia learned (some?) Japanese to work at the PX but she still says "foe-toe" when she buys the book of pictures of the special area girls.

I'm not sure how the raw shows it, but times where she's learning about that word aren't ones where she is most interested in it.

Attached: p0148.jpg (1440x2150, 721K)

I can't stand GATE, but not for the reasons amricans here like to bitch. Since I am already used to senseless country wank it doesn't really bother me.
WHat rustles my jimmies is all the wasted potential of the setting in favor of harem shittery and endless curbstomping with out any kind of chellange or threat.

Attached: gate.jpg (1200x900, 235K)

The dumbest post I've ever read

Is this the thread of mad amerifats?
*sees thread*
Looks like it is

It was good but they should have gone full /k/
Where the fuck is my operating anime already

Attached: 960f22d4d59f578d75de046a2eec295d028043be_hq.gif (500x281, 1.96M)

I have been saying this for years

>you will never ride a humvee in another world while singing anime OPs with your fellow military weebs

Fells bad man

Full /h/.

From a narrative standpoint, it's an abomination. But if you turn off your brain, it's fun. Sit back and drink in the jingoism, my dude.

I'd be fine with either one of the girls that are in the main cast desu.

Riding with the girls would be much better.

How do I join the JSDF bros?

>the girls riding you would be much better
ftfy

Move to Japan
Tape eyes to the side
?????
Profit

I dunno, if I was in my thirties, I wouldn't want to fuck anyone who looked 14 or younger, not matter how old they actually were

That's true and implied. If you are riding with just those girls, it's because they all are wanting to ride you too. And no condom is needed, and certainly not a stupid explanation like this.

Attached: 011.jpg (844x1200, 550K)

I just wanted a not warhammer setting.
Magic in Gate world is not too powered.

Attached: WH40k.jpg (915x700, 126K)

You haven't seen Naruto, right?

The gods wouldn't like everyone that can use magic being as powerful as Lelei would be. There is a solution to that that involves bringing them to Earth, studying magic, and then overthrowing the gods and replace them with better ones like Rory.

Totally true, the manga is superior

>the dark elf is the first to immediatly pick up on what a condom is

Between this and their leather bondage gear they really are the sluts of that universe huh

It was this or leave it at the mercy of the mens who murdered their parents, it is not a morality problem when someone's life is at stake

She's a slow learner, so she's probably had plenty of experience to make up for it too. I wonder if any god has influenced them to be that way, and if it was done as a joke. I'd have expected Rory to realize it sooner, especially before Tuka, although maybe she just never bothered to learn. She just takes whichever man she needs at the time and doesn't bother to prepare. It seems like Lelei might have known too and just didn't comment.

Attached: 009.jpg (844x1200, 602K)

learn to spell JSDF please

The threads back when the anime came out were fun, and a major shitpost central of everyone screaming that their military would deal with the Gate better. And Overlord fags chiming in to say their isekai was better.

Happy times all around.

Attached: GATE.jpg (661x720, 237K)

The USA soldiers are busy in Okinawa

Attached: FUMIKA_BBC.jpg (1032x1457, 537K)

Because high tier magic would shit on none magic tech.
One mage casts defense spells and solo's the entire earth army by turning them into undead or summons.
It doesn't have high tier magic but makes up for it with having other countries and alternate time periods show up too and not being fodder.
Nazi/Nippon country with magitech.

Attached: japan summons.jpg (817x1200, 375K)

Why can't people just focus on the more important parts? pbs.twimg.com/media/EERklcOVAAAA91m.jpg:orig

I'm not into used goods.

I want Generation Kill in a fantasy setting so bad lads.

Attached: ray generation kill.jpg (640x361, 22K)

If you can't get over that Rory has probably taken all kinds of different sizes and species inside her, Tuka is unlikely to be used.

>noooooooo japan can be the very best

some day bro

Attached: 1567688399539.jpg (1000x932, 844K)

>Tuka is unlikely to be used.
Is she? seems like she was fucked by her dad or family members.

>nooooooooo Japane can be the very best against an incompetent medieval opponent

By know the protag must have had gained SpecOps status in the JSDF, right?

>Protagonist blows himself up with an IED.
>transported to another world
>It's a 72 girl harem isekai

Manga is generally better than an anime adaptation. Although, watching an anime usually makes reading the manga afterward more enjoyable.

GATE's manga in particular is one of the ones that is doubly worth reading due to it being a mature manga, which is rather rare for Japanese manga of this genre.
(By "mature" I mean that characters are drawn nude, partially nude, or depicting explicit sexual activity when it would make sense to do so. You're not seeing tits because of Xebec-tier ecchi bullshit or seeing torn clothes kyaaah because zomg fanservice. You're seeing tits because that character is a prostitute on the street. You're seeing torn clothes because the character was assaulted or physically damaged.)

I can actually see that be made

If that's true, then only Lelei in itami's harem would be left. There's probably at least a few others in the side characters who should still be acceptable too.

Although the manga still has some unnecessary censorship too, it's not nearly as much as the anime.

Attached: 01.jpg (1080x1536, 356K)

Tyuule can be cute when she's not conspiring to set the world on fire.

Attached: 228428_411563_844_1200.jpg (844x1200, 459K)

All she had to do was ask and she could have been rescued and had more time to be cute.

I still don't understand why they only rescued Noriko and left Zorzal's other sex slaves behind.

I actually got caught up on the manga again recently, I forgot how fun this series was.

Despite the fact that they're at war with each other, Japan has been respecting the laws of the Empire.
They only rescued Noriko along with the remaining Japanese POWs because it was within their right to, on top of them already agreeing to return their POWs. The rest of Zorzal's sex slaves as far as they were concerned had nothing to do with Japan's best interests.
They make it a point throughout the series that they can strike down the Empire at anytime they wish but their goal is still to preserve their government and effectively make it a puppet state.

It might have been because they only wanted people captured from Earth and were concerned about the possibility of something like a spy being included, but they should have taken them anyway. She did stand naked in front of Zorzal to protect him too which didn't help her. Looking at that chapter again, it makes it seem like recent chapters have shown even less nudity than older ones even with the opportunity to show more in some. It looks like we got nipples and a bush in the chapter before the tank version.

>t their goal is still to preserve their government and effectively make it a puppet state
>because they only wanted people captured from Earth

Sure but as we've seen in more recent chapters, the politicians are taking flak and a story about freeing slaves is always good for PR.

What I wonder too is why after Yanagida's stabbing they talk about overtaking the people who misled Delilah in ten days and then the manga drops that plotline for like 50 chapters.

Also how Noriko will deal with the asshole journalist spewing bullshit on live TV.

>All she had to do was ask
That's like 90% of anime.

There's a lot more like those I'd rather see more of, but in the manga at least it's partly a limitation of how many pages can be reasonably made ina month. I'd still rather see him come back and make more chapters for that when the LNs are fully adapted instead of working on the sequel manga.

Most of the time, but then we also get times where someone like Rory asks and she gets told no.

i just wanted a serious military operations anime against magic and swords

i got a haren anime

The artist really needs to take some anatomy lessons. Only Lelei looks okay and that's because she's the easiest to draw in that position.

There are some things I don't like that he does with anatomy if I look too close at it, although I still like it overall. I wish he didn't give her that towel though. It also looks odd with her left hand/arm that seems to disappear and become part of the towel. He also is spending too much effort trying to position hair in unnatural places instead of just leaving things more exposed.

>The artist really needs to take some anatomy lessons
You do realize everyone has their own art style and doesn't have to draw everything like reality right?

He probably means perspective. Anatomy doesn't really apply to anime/manga.

In the special region slavery is considered a norm, and in some cases as we've seen with one of Delilah's comrades its even preferable.
While freeing the slaves wouldn't have been a problem for them, you can't free someone who doesn't ask to be set free. Especially when they're the slaves of one of the Empire's royal blood.
At the very least Tyuule was certainly not going to leave Zorzal's side because it would mean dropping everything she had been scheming to do since her life went to shit.

I see what you did there

They can only exist as roaches in the desert.
The residents of the Special Region would not have any problems murdering any invaders on basis of race.

All the books about teaching how to draw manga have anatomy and body structure lessons. It doesn't matter if the style is realistic or not.

Seriously how can you look at Rory's crossed legs and think that they look fine?

I don't notice anything too obvious, but maybe a little. I'd rather he just not cross Rory's legs though.

>it would mean dropping everything she had been scheming to do since her life went to shit

But when Lelei and Itami went to save Piña and threaten Zorzal she briefly hoped that Itami would rescue her like they did Noriko. She even cries about him "extending his hand" to Piña and how no one ever did that to her.

I wonder which path the manga will take now that she kind of opened up to Furuta.

She's the definition of a tragic character user. Even if she wanted to be saved she still prioritized her revenge plot against the Empire (which eventually succeeded despite her death).
That moment she was clearly jealous that Pina was rescued where in her position as Queen she was not.

>That moment she was clearly jealous that Pina was rescued where in her position as Queen she was not.

Yeah, I guess. Although she doesn't die in every versions of the story if I wasn't lied to back when the anime was going on.

Some changes would make it better too. She already spent years having to deal with sex with Zorzal for nothing, that should be enough punishment.

Back then someone said that instead of a mutual kill with Zorzal she was rescued by Furuta from some dudes tasked to kille her.

I hope it's true, she has indeed been trhough enough bullshit as it is.

I remember reading the artist commented on the reaction he was seeing on a translated chapter, and I think it was related to how there were people thinking she deserved what she was getting. Not every girl needs to live, but she's one of them that does, and I hope her fur can help the artist decide to keep her alive if he is able to make changes like those.

>and I hope her fur
>her fur

What

The artist seems to like the girls with more fur.

Oh, I thought you meant that what little fur she has would stop blades or something. My bad.

The Transformers films?

Imagine you're living in soviet russia and this is what you get as an anime.

Kuribayashi's meltdown always makes me laugh.

Attached: 7af73ef80869e8fbcf8a2e7b09db17c174fd90e6_787366_1440_2150.jpg (1440x2150, 745K)

She needs to find a male version of Rory.

A 961 years old shota? I think she's more into adult soldiers. She said so at the inn.

Even the Philippines could wreck not!Rome

Does it have to be an adult body, or does she just want someone strong?

Attached: p0124.jpg (1440x2150, 689K)

Pretty sure she's not a shotacon, given her (and Kurokawa's) disdain for Itami's otaku hobby.

She just wants a strong military dude from the Special Forces because she also is a stronk military gurl.

The most powerful race.

Would she turn down the opportunity like Itami does though if it appeared? If not marriage then maybe one time?

She's a gung ho soldier, and nooo touching the special area people.

Except if its to bayonet, shoot or beat them up, then she's the right person for the job.

I stopped watching after they straight merked a dragon like it was a fly. I was hoping for something like Reign of Fire, but its just another power fantasy isekai.

Did the JDF ever encounter anything that actually gave them a hard time?

yeah , Mangafox received an overhaul few years ago so it's good now but Mangadex is better usually (except for stuffs you can't find on it)

>they straight merked a dragon like it was a fly

What do you mean? The Giselle artillery barrage?

>Did the JDF ever encounter anything that actually gave them a hard time?

In the latest chapter Zorzal's guerrilla tactic starts to make some casualties.

Attached: 228439_654579_844_1200.jpg (844x1200, 760K)

And probably even more soon.

Attached: 34.jpg (1080x1536, 382K)

>tyuwaru

noooo

She should have gone to Alnus instead. Now she probably got raped instead of paid for sex. They seem to be rescuing her in the chapter later this month. I wish that text wasn't covering her breasts though.

Attached: EEJfFmhU8AEs4od.jpg orig.jpg (1000x750, 142K)

yeah , the hard times are starting now in the manga ; the empire started a guerilla warfare against the JSDF , the chinks are secretely contacting the empire (if i understood this right) , the JSDF was shown losing men and vehicules when the guerilla warfare started , civilians dying , etc...
it's like Afghanistan all over again.
i'm pretty sure the conflict is going to turn into another Afghanistan or Iraq 2.0

Attached: Tanya.jpg (800x1060, 573K)

I meant to say I stopped "reading" it (because I never watched the anime). But it was pic related. They hyped the fuck out of the encounter, and then single RPG ends it. I mean I get that modern firmarms are better, but you can still have a struggle. Plus modern military needs combined arms of air, navy, airborne infantry, ground infantry, and armor. I was just expecting something a little more grounded in conflict and not just another power trip isekai. 80 chapters is a while to get it together.

Attached: x16.jpg (2950x2150, 2.19M)

I knew this would happen, Prairie murdered beside her while she got raped. Thanks user in a GATE thread in 2015.

Still sucks. I won't repeat the rest of what he said.

They are trying not to repeat that.

>a Panzerfaust 3 and the Apostle or Emroy wounded the Flame dragon

I suggest you keep going, even if only to the resolution of that arc.

Attached: 228445_465698_844_1200.jpg (844x1200, 535K)

I wish the artist would draw a happy image for her. Maybe happy sex.

Right. The same military which routinely get BTFO'd by alien robots until the last third if the film's.
And yet, you don't give a single example. Examples with explainations or ur mom gay.

this didn't kill the dragon though , only wounded it and it was a fucking army that killed it later.
also obviously a RPG with a tandem warhead is going to damage a fucking lizard.

well they aren't making a good job at stopping Iraq 2.0 , once a guerilla warfare starts , you can only take it up the ass.

Attached: Matoi Tsunetsuki.jpg (800x1024, 609K)

Oh finally. And it only took forever for this to start happening.

>and it was a fucking army that killed it later

No it was Itami's group of dumb dark elves, Lelei fucking it up, and Tuka's magic activating the C4.

The relief column killed the two young dragons and made Giselle run.

All power fantasy shows are retarded

Those dark elves weren't much better than as a snack.

Meh, the lasting survivors actually pulled the fucking rod out before firing their Panzerfausts.

The "young" one did TK two of them because she didn't cast the "Bakblas klir" spell before firing though.

>also obviously a RPG with a tandem warhead is going to damage a fucking lizard.
Well if you have no imagination, sure. I hate to bring up Reign of Fire again, but dragons were only vulnerable during twilight. But I get it, it took a little more to kill it.

it's a tandem warhead bro , a modern tank would get rekt even with the Abrams Depleted Uranium frontal armor.
are you telling me a dragon which is basically a lizard (and an apparently young one at that) has a stronger armor than depleted uranium ?

>inb4 it's magic.

it's a beast , it can already use a fire breath , don't make it more OP for the isekai normal citizens or they would have been extinct already.

just be glad the JSDF isn't using a Javelin or real DU ammo against it.

>it's a tandem warhead bro , a modern tank would get rekt even with the Abrams Depleted Uranium frontal armor.
>are you telling me a dragon which is basically a lizard (and an apparently young one at that) has a stronger armor than depleted uranium ?
Sure, dragon scales are often times some of the strongest equipment you get in fantasy games. Just use your imagination. Could be that dragons natrual enchant themselves with some magical defense. But it's just a power fantasy, and I get it. People are always asking "what if military x from this era fought military y from another era", and watching modern infantry faceroll not!Romans is what some people want to see.

well yeah , it's just fun to see a modern army blitzkrieg another army from another world , it's what makes the setting interesting , we just know that militarily speaking Japan will always win but a war isn't always won with an army , see Iraq , Afghanistan , Vietnam , Algeria , etc...
otherwise it would just be some shitty isekai number 1556496.
Japanese people can't into fantasy anyway , they either go to Isekai or dark fantasy straight away , they can't into Tolkien either sadly.

Attached: Watamote Ucchi 7.png (800x559, 376K)

What happened to bunnygirl again? She wasn't redeemed, was she?

Which one? Tyuule or Delilah?

The villainous one.

>>is super powerful and dominates dark age fantasy force
Can't even win against Ricefarmers and Talebans after fucking around for decades.

The US k/d ratio is pretty ridiculous for the Taliban which is why it's able to last as long as it has.

Neither is villainous, one just had limited options.

I post this every thread, but if the US Military were the ones entering the gate the entire kingdom would have been either carpet bombed and strip mined to oblivion or used as a nuclear testing site. And the fact that they had to make the second season about politicians hamstringing their ability to operate because MUH APPROVAL RATINGS in order to generate any sort of tension just shows you how outmatched the barbarians were.

Tyuule then.

In the manga she is starting to break down a little.

You just answered your own question.

Ordering murder of civilians and instigating conflict for the purpose of causing mass casualties is pretty decisively a villainous thing.

the show would be better if it was pic related but with notRome

Attached: 37677.jpg (351x480, 90K)

It was for a good reason.

>reigniting the war and killing thousands of people
>good

Nah mate, grudges or not she's bad.

Personal vendettas are not a "good reason" to do either of those things.

Begone schlomo

>western fag cries because japs use the same tropes as western propaganda media
You people say this every single thread but has it ever occurred to you that maybe Gate is just shit?

>schlomo

But the anime had JEWISH STAR FORTS, mate!

This actually, the author had too nerf magic to complete shit so the jsdf doesn't get killed, the gods are garbage that are scared of rifles even though they can do gate magic.
Itami doesn't fuck anyone even though they're all used goods, no plot cause itami might get hurt.
Lelei infusing magic with earth science knowledge but goes nowhere since magic would be too powerful.

By the way, Sao mentioned the English volume in twitter again. Says he might need to talk to them.

There are so many other stupid things in this series that people rarely talk about

>Not Rome is losing to the JSDF badly
>"I know, let's make the JSDF lose the support of the people by having our men dress up like JSDF soldiers and go around killing and raping civilians!"
>Their men are clearly not Japanese and use primitive weapons, so nobody buys the deception
>The people now hate the Not Roman leaders even more

>Itami doesn't fuck anyone even though they're all used goods, no plot cause itami might get hurt.
They aren't all used goods, and that's not his excuse anyway. There just isn't any good enough reason that fits the story as to why he doesn't fuck anyone, willingly or not.

I think the editors haven't been able to contact them, but someone replied to him on twitter asking the english publisher about it and claimed they are waiting to get their money back from the first bad printing. I wonder if maybe they cut positions including the one who knew what to get from the printer, the replacement didn't know what they needed to order, and so they got what they paid for. The printer wouldn't want to reprint for free because of someone else's mistake, and the publisher doesn't want to lose money on a volume.
twitter.com/niffysix/status/1169896859050995713

Goddam what a fucking shit show. One of the only manga I would physically buy every volume of, and they fuck it up.

A high quality digital would have been good too, and not had these printer problems. Someday I do want to try to get copies of the limited physical items, I just need to someday find out how to best attempt to do that as they are appearing in auctions.

Attached: i-img1200x1200-1534496401pegtyd107001.jpg (1200x1200, 162K)

>Now that's just sad
Quit impersonating me bitch.

Whops forgot image

Attached: file.png (528x191, 31K)

>Anatomy doesn't really apply to anime/manga
It does.

>ywn get a cute smart loli waifu
Fuck my life.

>Lelei infusing magic with earth science knowledge but goes nowhere since magic would be too powerful

If she did Rory would just kill her. No branches growing too far, too fast.

Only if she spread that knowledge to that world. Would the gods care if Earth got to learn what she did?

>There are so many other stupid things in this series that people rarely talk about

Once you see a woman beat up a bunch of warriors, there's really not much that can surprise me.

What happened with the English release?

Oh you meant that way. Have there ever been Earth mages? I don't think there is anyone on "our" side that could be trained as such.

>There just isn't any good enough reason that fits the story as to why he doesn't fuck anyone, willingly or not
Aside from being a male.

Attached: 9639e5d4aa1df38d535014f90b2684de77031f9e_hq.jpg (320x320, 25K)

Sekai Project decided that the first ever manga they will publish would be Gate. They got through Volume one and then royally fucked everything up.

You really, really havent watched enough shitty anime if you think GATE is the worst.

Volume 2 had a printing error a couple of years ago, and nothing was released since then.

Bringing some over is something I wish we saw happen for better study of magic. Offering them a one-way trip to study on Earth is something many would be willing to take.

Plenty of males were having sex, just not Itami.

is it good? I'm looking for something akin to band of brothers or black hawk down.

>nooooooooooooooooooooooooo japan cant be the best, WERE the best, against a technologically inferior race!!!!

>Offering them a one-way trip to study on Earth is something many would be willing to take

Would you willingly invite people who can wreck shit up with their mind in your country? I sure wouldn't.

yes, watch it.

>he has never seen Generation Kill

Oh fucking do it boy, you're in for a wild ride

Ray best joker

Now you're making me anticipate it. Guess I know what I'm watching next

>Plenty of males were having sex, just not Itami
Exactly.

He rode in the field alone for weeks alone with smoking hot women.

Either he's a very sneaky masturbator, gay, or a fucking monk.

>alone with smoking hot women
Who are DTF by the way.

>DTF

wut

Down to fuck.

Oh, yeah. They all want the D and he still pussies out like he was me.

I stand by what I said every time.

Half the shit given to the JSDF and Itami would've been more interesting as an outright enemy, unintentional, or totally intentional obstacle to deal with.

Rory alone could've had an arc dealing with her, because she would've floored the poor bastards sent to the first encounter, and they would've definitely underestimated the situation hearing that only one person was doing it.

At least once he just had to let it happen too. There is no reason she should have gotten off of him.

Hey, they had to get the car across the ravine.

I think Cop Craft is a good take on fantasy and modern clashing, though it only focuses on the criminal aspects with the war and politics only being the back story. Magic is shown to be powerful and there are immortal beings like vampires. But at the same time, a vampire getting riddled with bullets from a swat team is going to stop it.

I think at the time she was more interested getting Itami inside her ravine. Getting the car across could be done later.

But she had all that "power" from the Jade Palace battle coursing through her, better make use of it, no?

If that was really necessary maybe, but then she should have either tried to make him promise to agree to do it the next time, even knowing he would resist, or just try again the next night anyway. She doesn't need to wait for people to die to try to have sex with him.

I want to see the manga redeem and save Tyule, fuck the VN and the anime and whoever though it was a good idea to not make it like that, like it was originally in the WN

Hey, she can carry around a car and cleaves people with a halberd twice as big as her, if she wanted to she'd have raped Itami dry by that point.

She's just being civil.

If she wanted to be civil, she just needed to keep him from escaping long enough to make him give in like he was about to the first time.

Attached: p0147.jpg (1440x2150, 869K)

There are three different special forces units bearing down on them, she is horny as fuck from the previous engagements, and now the minister of Defense calls to tell Itami he's alone.

Do you really believe she'd sit this one out and miss out and some succulent souls to reap?

That time I can understand the interruption, even if I wished they were kept far enough away. But other times when they were traveling she could have climbed on him again and tried it without interruptions. If he can't get away and nothing is there to interrupt, she can take her time convincing him.

Man I completely agree that Itami is either gelded or stupid for not hitting all that booty, my point was just that the inn wasn't a good time.

That I can agree with, although a second inn visit would have been nice. Rory doesn't try enough when she's not having those aphrodisiac effects. The only good explanation is the author decided the only logical actions couldn't happen.

What a colossal no-fun faggot you are.

The comments from those people were literally from purity fags
>hoes mad
>lol begone thot
>get fucked slut
I really hope the author doesn't get influenced by them

If anything can influence him, I doubt it would be from readers of the english scans. But if there is any influence that can change things, it should be to make her be saved and get fucked by someone she loves.

I remember how people were happy about Tyuule being badtreated, I guess they were all purityfags

Expecting purity in something like this is a mistake.

But
Tyuule got (literally) fucked in more ways than one

Sure she's mad, got Yanagida stabbed an Delilah shot...

But wouldn't you try to fuck up your enemy even harder than he fucked YOUR people up if you were in her position?

Go be a cuck somewhere else.

Whatever someone may think about what she was doing, they should at least have some sympathy for her.

Attached: gate4_133.jpg (1096x1600, 1.17M)

>Where the fuck is my operating anime already
If only the japs weren't a bunch of nofuns tards

Attached: 1543639040610.png (166x261, 20K)

It has prostitutes being used, rape, pregnancy, and Rory offering someone one last chance to have sex with corpses. Why should a few more non-pure girls be a problem?

I wish I had a hot bunny to fug.

This she was betrayed by everyone and thought of nothing else but revenge you can't fault her for wanting to see everything burn.

Has a harem and still won't fuck even one while his squad mates already has a cat girl that into him and one knocked up a soldier who works for the Princess no wonder Itami's ex dumped his ass.

It's an okay (i)sekai, middle-of-the-road stuff.
The military/fighting/hardware/tactics aspects are fucking bad, though. The animu amped up the retardation to 11.

And other people wondering why he hasn't.

Attached: g170.jpg (1475x2156, 721K)

Gate is absolutely stupid. I still love it.

We need more /k/ anime

Please no, i can't handle anymore burger sperging out

Upotte S2 never....

Attached: 1500776709073.png (660x701, 697K)

That's another manga with an artist who makes the kind of extra content more manga need.

Expect maybe vietnam war movies.

Anatomy is important in everything. You just don't need it if you are drawing realistic humans.

ISIS was a proper formative State. People think they were just terrorists but no, they were basically separatists arabs trying to form a fundie State of their own by carving it out from existing regions. They held legitimately cities and territories. Europe wouldn't be able to take them out, hell it took the US and an arab coalition some time to reduce them to 0 territories. The european forces during Libya couldn't even run their own bombing campaign, the US had to go in and run initial bombing runs to take out any anti-air weaponry that would harm the europeans and then provided logistical, scout, and supplying support for the european airforces. They still couldn't handle it and basically puttered out because they have no ability to project force more than like 100 miles outside their borders and their military personnel have no functional experience to run any operation that requires invading a foreign nation. The French and British made huge fools of themselves after they called for Gaddaffi's head and it's amazing people just forgot about it. They looked like little children, it was so shameful.

Honestly the idea that the JSDF could take over is probably unrealistic. They're high-tech on paper but a lot of these militaries are basically just satellites that orbit around the US's logistic and supply chain capabilities. I think it's more like the japanese would fuck something up and totally blow it after a month and go home. ISIS and muslim radicals on the other hand... I mean they just get in jeeps and old used notSoviet or notChinese equipment and just roam around because these men are fucking vicious and will fight staring death in the eyes while starving half to death. Maybe they don't know any better, or maybe they're just too fanatically to care but we had a problem with them not just because they're mixed with the populace but because they're radicals in the basest sense of the word.

I love the time when GATE threads is /pol/ and /k/ containment thread when the anime is airing

Most burger autism isn't millitary or operator related just gun related

she should crush his spirit by revealing that all her orgasms were faked

this

She was trying to get everyone killed.

would that gun really fire straight through metal shields?

>US special forces are invincible super soldiers that can't be beaten by luck or skill
Yeah no, amerifat

Most shields were more wood than iron, a shield made purely of metal would be too heavy to use effectively

You honestly think that a modern military wouldn't be able to win against a medieval fighting force? Have you played so many Civ games that you're convinced that spearmen can beat tanks?

See how tanks hold up against magic spearmen

>CIA sending a full combat squad
>With no information on enemy numbers
>Having performed no reconnaissance
The outcome was fairly realistic, it was the situation itself that was totally unbelievable

Gate made it clear that magic was shit and couldn't hold up against modern weapons. The setting didn't have magic spearmen with the ability to skewer tanks.

>It's also annoying that the fuck bunny is the only one we really get to see being fucked
The other bunny started fucking the underappreciated nerd

>Japanese weekend warriors

Yeah man, the JSDF are just bumbling amateurs, they clearly should have had no idea what to do in a combat situation and just allowed themselves to get slaughtered.

Both sides would have had similar equipment and the Japanese had the advantage that they were entrenched, familiar with the area and expecting an attack. It makes sense that they won, especially since they were helped by a literal death goddess.

It's almost like a defensive force isn't that good at offensive fighting

KYS Muhammed...

This is definitely my gripe with it, there was so much wasted opportunity in the setting to make things interesting. I enjoyed the political side of things, but the easy victory for the Earth-side military was disappointing and the harem bullshit was distracting and annoying.

There could have been a story about how the JSDF turning up caused a unification of the Gate-side nations who proceed to use asymmetric warfare + magic to prevent the Japs from conquering a good portion of the realm, or something. It'd add more tension to the Earth-side political scheming as well, since I imagine news of Japanese casualties of war would mean foreign nations and their own civilians start putting even more pressure on Japan to let other countries through the gate.

7.62x51mm, even in the Japanese low power loads, can easily punch through 1/4" steel plate (6mm) and retain enough energy to kill whoever is behind it. Those medieval shields might as well be made out of balsa wood for all the good they'll do.

Yes but ricochets are more likely because the shields are curved

>GATE is fucking stupid

It is, and I've said it in every thread I've wandered into discussing it, but GATES blatant problem was it didn't really take advantage of it's genre.
Like, there was no real reason for GATE to be a "modern military" vs "fantasy land" because the GATE's world never had any of the trappings or qualities of a fantasy world that would have made it interesting or compelling. It was ultimately just a strawman or punching bag for the author's JDSF fetish.

What I mean by that as a fa/tg/uy there could have been a million and three interesting fucking things that could have happened that would have not only leveled the playing field, but also made GATE really fucking interesting to read/watch:
-Shapeshifters, magical or otherwise. They never encountered anything like a Changeling or a Chameleon that suddenly threw the whole camp into chaos when it killed and replaced some individual.
-Immunity/resistance to non-magical attacks. They were never terrorized by something legitimately immune to conventional damage like a..fucking Wraith or a Ghost, or something that could regenerate wounds super fast like Trolls or a Hydra.... They never fought a fucking Golem that upon shrugging off gun-fire proceeded to obliterate them with a Nausicaa-style energy beam.
-Magic-Users. They were never plagued by magic: a wizard never cast "plastic to insects" on their guns, a necromancer never came and reanimated the bodies of the soldiers they slaughtered into a massive undead horde, and there was never a warlock or whoever casting curses on them or summoning demons to terrorize them.

Anyway the point is they landed in a fantasy world, but there were never any actual fantasy world threats.
You don't have weirdness like a private fucking a local girl and contracting lycanthropy- tearing apart his colleagues during the next fullmoon, or a sniper getting petrified when his scope meets the gaze of a gorgon.

Attached: 82b9ab32e7f78b4200a082e0721f5af0.jpg (1024x1317, 893K)

Have you ever read the Darksword novel trilogy? The last book, Triumph of the Darksword, shows what happens when sci-fiction troops attack a fantasy world: Both sides fuck each other up.

Sure, at first the soldiers have a huge advantage with their laser guns and tanks, but then the wizards counterattack with illusions, demons and energy-draining spells. Men go mad, get aged to death by ghosts, or start shooting each other. Tanks get turned into deathtraps when the magi cast 'metal to living acid' spells.

It was implied that the sci-fi guys would have eventually won, however. Also, the magic guys were terrified because the invaders had no magic at all, which was synonymous with being 'Dead' in their world.

It all depends on how much magic there is, really.

Other than the artist just liking both characters, I wonder if a plot relevant reason for all these Rory and Wolf images could be her trying to convince Itami that not everyone has a problem with her size/appearance. pbs.twimg.com/media/EEVty-fVAAATqCD.jpg:orig

Attached: 58159503_p0.jpg (1000x1376, 168K)

Actually, another thing: Heroes. Adventurers.
I'm not talking 'mercenaries', and I'm not even talking the lower leveled people or even the mid-leveled people, but the 20th, 'level cap hit', demi-god-like entities who've just survived anything and everything this fantastical world has thrown at them and thrived off of it. I'm talking the individual men and women; whom even if they were unarmed would be capable of killing 10-20 men per class level.. And that's provided all these men stayed and fought to the death to kill this person and didn't flee when they began literally tearing them apart like wet paper.

They'd have an entire utility belt of enchanted items, memorized hundreds of powerful spells, their DNA genetically enhanced through decades of magical mutations, and be decked out in the finest armor & weapons- all made from fantastical metals and alloys of remarkable and inexplicable quality & durability. It would be mayhem.

I'll have to give it a look, that sounds p. neato.

Attached: sample_7afa6c793e479da02f498297dbd03ce1[1].jpg (850x850, 266K)

it takes a bong to be retarded like this
Japan has one of the most powerful armies in the world, just because it pales in comparison with USA, Russia or China doesn't mean it's weak.

lmao

That's a very low blow man

>only the US have blacks in their specops

Every fucking time

Attached: 1567365591666.png (748x756, 168K)

This
The most ridiculous assumption in this series
Well, I guess they were Green Berets.

Maybe it's the assumption based on the countries they either knew or considered likely possibilities to try that attack.

Speaking of which, the EU is practically nonexistent in that universe isn't it?

GATE is not your fantasy world. Some of the things you describe might not even exist there. It is low magic, in some ways even lower than LOTR.

RPG systems are not how the real world works. They are an approximation that best fits the world they are designed for. If you had to put in modern weapons into those systems they would ignore most of the rules and have ridiculous properties.

As for the heroes... some of them are there, on the JSDF side and even they wouldnt stand a chance against an RPG or 50cal round, not to mention tanks and artillery.

outbreak company was better than gate
GATE was fucking retarded propaganda trash

It shows why fantasy series are always in the middle ages because technology kills magic.

I'm not sure if the author is unaware or doesn't care that GATE just feels like a propaganda piece.
Japan are the good guys even though no one in their right mind would ever thing that. The evil people inhabiting that world are just plain evil.
Not to mention the demon devil cringe girl who for some reason sides with the "good guys" and no one cares that shes nothing more than an avatar of war.

>who for some reason sides with the "good guys

Because meeting the people of another world and watch what they do is interesting to her, and fun. She says so at Italica.

961 years is a long time to get bored of everything.

Attached: eaa82de0ec62e99bbe44e06982181a49e63ddfad_956813_1457_2150.jpg (1457x2150, 915K)

There is already an isekai invasion from Africa atm in Europe. Logically they have little reach in EA with China and USA docking around. At most there will be intelligence collection activities.

This
They know from many USMC stationed there.

GATE is shit
Well but it was too childish

GATE is propaganda piece
Japanese govt has hard time promoting the armed forces

So does the US gov and an other with their defense force

After wwii they have several restrictions on JSDF due to its bad reputation in past. Currently this view is decreasing thanks to China and Koreas.

Especially in a world that's forced to be so unchanging like hers.

You're fully aware that the pentagon does print propaganda right? They give tons of money to directors who agree that the pentagon has the final say in what is allowed to be in their war movie and making sure that it promotes and shows the US military in a positive light.

I've nutted to Rory more than any other fictional character

Attached: 1523957853328.jpg (1500x2121, 389K)

>blow up Libya after gadaffi warned you that half of Africa and west Asia would rush in
>pikachumeme.jpg

To be honest the EU leadership probably did it on purpose

At one point I incorrectly though that was part of her weapon pushing into her, not her foot that was behind her.

Attached: 46127097_p0.jpg (1200x1686, 263K)

I am aware

The fact that there was not a single Go Pro, bodycam or dashcam around when the Flame Dragon attacked to prove to the brass and the politicians that building-sized, fire-spewing dragons exist in otherworld is stupid.

Probably just a set up for the Diet meeting where the author shat on that (real) member he hates.

That would make more sense, and that member could still try to claim it was faked.

>America
>Two of the top action movie stars from the 80-90s were an Austrian Man and a first generation son of an Italian Immigrant.
>With other notable names such as Antonio Banderas a Hispanic actor, Jean Claude Van Damme, a French Actor, and Keanu Reeves an Immortal Vampire
>Meanwhile Japan has never had a non Japanese MC whenever there is a series that takes place on the real world and even in times where it's fantasy/non Earth they still have Japanese mannerisms, ideology and sensibilities.
How weeb must you be to not see how overly nationalistic Japan is?

All according to keikaku.

And?

because we have standards and they don't.
we COULD genoside like a mother fucker and just get this shit over with, but because we have some semblance of decency, we never stoop to their levels as a whole.
That's really the only weakness of modern militaries. guerrilla warfare when they aren't willing to go scorched earth is far too difficult to deal with at the moment.

gate made it clear that magic was fairly powerful, but not abundant enough to really turn tide

>The US k/d ratio is pretty ridiculous
>What is South vietnam

>standard
>decency
You fuckers were just afraid of backlash from international communities. Remember My Lai massacre? Where did your standard and decency go?

Back when Empire: Total War came out, it was so badly optimised and my toaster so shit I read both the reporter's AND Lt Ficks books while the battles loaded. Fun times.

I want to ride around an unknown world...

Attached: 851efe6b30f79e9b599d7b4ed3db6d4f0bef5238_2265006_2920_2148.jpg (2920x2148, 2.15M)

Yes and the way it's handled is pretty fucking horrific. Like the author was somewhat aware of how PTSD worked but genuinely thought those who suffered from it just needed to grow a pair.

With the harem too. More of the series should have focused on exploring the world and encountering fantasy stuff.

Attached: 002-003.jpg (1688x1200, 1.2M)

>we COULD genoside like a mother fucker and just get this shit over with
And what wouldve been the victory? Storming north Vietnam drawing china into the war as we near the border and kick off ww3 over some rice farmers or hold the line while the NVA sneaks through loas and Cambodia to hit us from the rear while ROE cucks us over? The only thing that makes vietnam a "defeat" is we didnt obtain the objective we set out to get which was pretty much impossible to achieve without a worse war occurring. In my opinion we shouldve never went to Vietnam, just as russia had Afghanistan and china had their own run in with Vietnam, unless you want to genocide an entire region you pretty much cant win asymmetric warfare

I said as a whole. and if america went over that deep end, and the international community needed to excise us, then that would trigger a third world war

honestly, seeing communism rise up fucking again all over the world, it would have been better to deal with the ideology then and there than let it fester like we did.

>After civil unrest in the US in the 60s and vietnam the era of racial violence and massacres was just about finished.
>What is the Algerian War?
>What is the Khmer Rouge?
>What is the Guatemalan Civil War?
>What is the Bangladesh Liberation war?
>What are the Burundi Genocides of 1972 and 93?
>What is the intentional starvation of civilians by the North Korean government in the 1990s?
>What is the Kurdish genocide?
>What is the the history of Chinese involvement in Tibet?
>What is the genocide of Brazil's indigenous population?
>What is the Congo Civil War?
>What is the modern history of Somalia?
>What is the First Chechen War?
>What is the Second Chechen War?
>What is the Bosnian War?
I could go on, but the point is you're wrong and an idiot.

so rori will win the itamibowl if he ever stops being celibate right?

Aaaah, what's a GATE thread without /pol/.

He's an otaku. He's always an incel.

Name one time a Japanese series set on Earth has had a non Japanese MC

If he ever gave in to Rory, the others would be included too.

It's entirely voluntary.

>incel

He has an ex-wife that wants him though.

Hellsing.

I can't but it's not a problem

>that wants him
For his money. Incel will always be incel.

>voluntary
Nope

All he would have to do is give a hint to Rory he was interested in sex and she'd waste no time getting started. The others are willing too.

>For his money

You daft or what

Attached: fc67824951551ff0dbab4d8e48366c293ebc01b4_616770_1440_2150.jpg (1440x2150, 682K)

japan is something like 95% japanese and dont give 1 fuck about pc

It is when you want to complain about Western Nationalism and then ignore Japan's far worse nationlism.

>More of the series should have focused on exploring the world and encountering fantasy stuff
This they introduce new races or speak of other regions and we never really see them.

The degenerates in this thread cannot grasp how truly based Itami is.

>leaves marriage to devote himself full time to JSDF.
>prioritizes the mission over getting his dick wet.
>has a dozen opportunities but turns them down to retain his vital essence.
>slays dragons and saves princesses because semen retention has turned him into an alpha male superhuman.

Stop bullying the based volcel Itami. He's literally a modern day Templar. He should be made dictator for life.

Attached: rare_photo_of_typical_a_user.png (597x625, 654K)

We don't talk about Vietnam.

dont talk to incelposters its not worth it.

Do you want to know how I can tell your korean

What an awful font. Why is /ak/ so bad at scanlating?

That was like years ago, dunno if it still is

The non-tank version used a different one.

Attached: 011.png (844x1200, 259K)

>Background Lelei
I don't see why she or Rory have to be censored in the manga when at least one other small girl/corpse wasn't.

I don't understand. That's not censorship, they are in the water up to their necks.

Also Kuri's kuris

Attached: 533ab1e4f12cb0c4d23d63856b8296c0b0731cb5_746136_1440_2150.jpg (1440x2150, 829K)

Some censorship can be done by making sure those parts are entirely out of view fron the beginning. It's not the best example though, and your page is a more obvious problem and shows the double srandard.

You do know that this is fiction right? Don’t take it so seriously. Females in a recon unit? Yeah right. However you do know that recon guys are basically infantry guys but on crack? They wouldn’t win a fight against CIA operatives by themselves but Japanese recon guys would give em a good fight. Now, if there’s a super loli, the Japs are gonna win with no trouble. You can even replace the Japs with hajibob insurgents, Rory is extremely fucking powerful.

Trips don't lie
He is a true professional operator

Just headshot the mage.

>leaves marriage to devote himself full time to JSDF.

Risa divorced him, not the other way around.

>fantasy creatures invade real world through dimensional portal
>momentarily fuck shit up
>get shit pushed in by JSDF and US Marines
>humans invade dimensional portal
>get fucked up by magic and dragons and shit
>non-humans figure out their magic doesn't work on Earth and humans figure out they don't have the ability to invade an entire other world where physics no longer matter as much
>becomes a Pacific Rim scenario with kooky cultural exchange
Just saved your franchise bro, no need to thank me.

It was ok but the chick using her bayonet to beat all those sword wielding soilders that one time was pretty dumb

>US Marines

Nah, just go back to impregnating/murdering Okinawan women, jarhead.

>fuck yeah America is ok
>fuck yeah Japan is not ok!!!!!
This is based /ak/ show.

Fuck off boot. It’s weird you only said US Marines instead of US Armed Services. You know that the JSDF has different branches of military too?

Only blacks do that.

Nope Marines do that shit a lot. That’s why we can’t have outside libo all the time because some dipshit Lcpl wants to rape someone

>It’s weird you only said US Marines
Yeah, as in the only branch that matters

>You know that the JSDF has different branches of military too?
Aside from their navy, I've never seen proof of this

In Italica, she was stupid to charge alone but had Rory fucking up everyone around her as a decoy.

At the palace she bayoneted three overeager dudes and 7.62×51 the rest after they got into a close formation to kill her.

Attached: 453b172d85329e0b71489d03aa0f6a8bbddadbc0_958166_1473_2150.jpg (1473x2150, 914K)

The JSDF consists of the Japanese Ground Self Defense Force, Maritime force, and Airforce. It’s like the US Armed Forces is consists of different branches. You stupid fucking boot

Attached: konnichi wa, Tyrone Biggums desu.jpg (804x509, 163K)

Did they not teach sarcasm in war college, butterbar?

>Japan has one of the most powerful armies in the world
Sure, that's why other Asian countries beat them every time when joint military exercises happened.

Funny how even in manga blacks are still a bummer

Attached: 4a70cba70671e93d51cfe9e3e70ad8a8f03f58ab_923460_1440_2150.jpg (1440x2150, 1.02M)

>they wouldnt stand a chance against an RPG or 50cal round, not to mention tanks and artillery.
Then they are no heroes. Real heroes are those who can survive the demon lord's anti planetary attacks.

Suck my senior dick

>Just one village
It's a rare exception and those who did it were tried already. On the other hand, something like that is the norm in other countries' armed forces.

It's expected from Jap, a country where teachers let their students be bullied to the point of suicide because those poor kids don't fit in.

Based retard
The bullshit isn't that they beat the Empire. That's just an obvious inevitability, the only advantages the Empire have are magic and sheer numbers, neither of which are nearly significant enough to overcome the gaping maw of a technological gap between the two sides.
The bullshit part is how they make every other modern military look like clowns compared to Japan as well.

Does that guy score?

Because there is a realistic reason to believe America can do it?

>i-it's just one time!
Really?

Attached: Dg2rhSmJ7A.png (661x982, 78K)

The anime suggests he does.

The manga isn't clear about that yet.

Attached: 157fd6a8fabac1346b75b8801dda882be0bd5fc8_585362_844_1200.jpg (844x1200, 677K)

And I highly doubt we will see it either.

What gay non-country are you from, again?
It's usually Britstains who get huffy about Americans, not knowing even a sliver of their own history.

At the rate the chapters come out, I don't think so either.

Dammit

I meant that if it happens, the most we would get is something like that pregnacy question. It's not going to be plot relevant and pages are limited, plus we just don't get to see much sex in this.

I thought the only military they fought was the US?

I wonder if officers of that rank would still be single. Dude's a full blown Colonel.

But of course we wouldn't get a sex scene, those are reserved to Tyuule getting raped. Even Tomita just got a panel about nightcrawling before we knew that Bozes is pregnant with his child.

>The bullshit part is how they make every other modern military look like clowns
So it's the usual butthurt murricans. No surprise here.

>genoside

As a fan of Sword & Sorcery anime like Slayers and Rune Soldier, I just don't like how pathetically the fantasy world is portrayed. Sure they don't have guns and the like, but they have magic, fantasy metals, and other advantages. Even the damn dragons get their ass kicked by jets. DRAGONS! I'm not saying the military would always lose, but at least PRETEND the fantasy world has a chance.

hello :)

Buenos dias

good morning to you too
It's night time here though

That rape is more plot relevant, but I do wish we got to see some more with the other girls. If the LN author included Itami having sex with the harem, maybe we could have seen pages of that too. For all the nudity we get from the artist on twitter and pixiv, there is a lack of sex too that would help in the parts where it doesn't fit in a chapter.

>DRAGONS
It's not. It's just a big lizard. It can't even cast magi, command the forces of nature nor possess immortality.

GATE is fucking trash, I'm not surprised contrarian faggots in this board love it unironically.

>he doesn't want to breed Yao

Who's the faggot now

She's far from my first choice, but no one should be able to say no if given the chance.

Attached: 54176514_p0.jpg (1000x1362, 195K)

Guess I'm just a sucker for dat booty

And her 300+ years "reed pipe" experince

Attached: 10302e0f1b38e2aa524586a66717eaa3987403bd_1029117_1099_1600.jpg (1099x1600, 1.05M)

Even in that image, each of those other three girls would be preferable to me. It still wouldn't be possible to turn down seeing her bent over a table like that.

Are you implying a hybrid is possible?

What standards, USA loves installing dictators around the globe, specially in South America, people dont like burgers not because of envy, but because their politics are retarded and affect everyone

Imagine the snu snu...

>our politics
The CIA and California aren't part of America, they just control way too much of what we do.

The possibility of hybrids and relevant body part differences was not nearly explored enough. A reporter asking a questions was a start, but it needed proper research.

I'm not implying anything, I just want to fuck her.

Unf

>The CIA and California aren't part of America
kys mutt, learn to take responsibilities like your founding fathers taught you. Washing would go back to his grave if he saw today's America.

If you had watched the show, you'd see the superior nipponese special forces dunk on the Russian and Chinese spooks as well

The fourway Mexican standoff was utterly ridiculous and stupid!

it's a masterpiece, stfu, retard

He left politics because he thought the federal government was too big THEN. Believe me I'm trying, but if I launched a campaign that got any sort of support they'd forget about Epstei- I mean the CIA overhaul as soon as there was a new menu item.

>He left politics because he thought the federal government was too big
Imagine being fed up with your own nation!

I don't see how much it would really accomplish even if one group capture was successful, and all it did was give a reason to make the time spent in Japan even shorter.

Manga was better, but desu it's still pretty shit.

Attached: 36647582_p0.jpg (800x1459, 105K)

I watched a few episodes a few years ago. I saw the episode where the US special forces tried wanted to abduct the fantasy-realm characters.
I don't know if other countries were involved there too, or if they showed up in another episode

>live for almost a millenia
>keep acting like a 12 tear old when you're not axing peaople in half lenghtway

Those chinese cartoons I swear

The US, China and Russia attempted to abduct the hosts from the special area, and did so in an inn alredy defended by "entrenched" jap SF who were waiting for them.

Jingoism and stupid bullshit aside, Rory's halberd (and horniness) made it clear that it was a bad idea to begin with.

Attached: 20eb164bab05975e434037106f4192227e1b8e50_936694_1440_2150.jpg (1440x2150, 1.04M)

It's better to be like that than the alternative.

Attached: 1528949294512.png (515x527, 253K)

>the alternative

Rory's getting there though. 39 years and she ascends.

But what does it say about that world that it doesn't even have a god/goddess of love?

If gods tend to pick people like them, then certainly by the time someone ascends they probably stop caring about things like love. There could be just ones for things like lust or fertility? Maybe Itami appeared in time to save Rory from that path. She will find plenty of things to do with his soul, and her chosen demigods with spread much more enjoyable things than death.

if JSDF starts getting resources, how long until a deity/god gets mad and wipe JSDF everything from their side of the gate?
i was thinking about it when i re-watched this year and i believe it is possible but someone wrote it, so it is not going to be close to "reality".

They do appear to have limits to what they can do.

Attached: 29ed.jpg (600x853, 201K)

Hardy is a bitch, but Rory is "one of the twelve Apostles" and we've only seen Giselle, so I wonder who the other 10 are.

I thin kit mentions somewhere more about them. Like how some of them are sealed away.

Two of them were tortured and sealed inside dungeons.

They could have been sealed long enough ago to become gods by then. That wouldn't result in a very sane god.

Attached: 038ed.jpg (500x711, 183K)

Maybe Ascension is something you have to physically go do, like go to a church or something.

If that's required, then Rory wouldn't worry about how much time she had left.

Well obviously they have to do the time. I'm just saying in order to ascend they might have to go do something, and keeping them sealed keeps them from doing it.

>See how tanks hold up against magic spearmen 10km away

I wasn't sure if Rory had a choice when the time was reached or not.

Attached: gate4_049.jpg (1100x1600, 1.1M)

Maybe one day we will see a Tyuwal image similar to this.

Attached: 54098000_p0.jpg (1500x1061, 242K)

Stop teasing my penis m8

There's aren't many options for her that I can post.

Yes, read the LN

To be fair Japan annihilated Russia and China before on their own terf before. China are a bunch if spooks that hasn't deployed it's armies in ages.

Japan would get wiped from Russia tho. That's like comparing anglos to orcs

>tfw no dragon girl

I remember a guy in 2015 who was adament that the dragon prostitute in Akusho was HIS and "claimed" her everytime she was mentioned.

>China are a bunch if spooks that hasn't deployed it's armies in ages

So is Japan

>Japan annihilated
>annihilated
Only a few skirmishes won.
Zhukov fucked them hard!

Claiming anything never made any sense to me. And she in particular belonged to whoever paid for her time.

The 2015 threads were one wild ride my man.

Some idiot once spent a whole night arguing that Itami's face scratch in chapter 14 was done by Persia and not Bozes, although the latter admits to it on the same fucking page.

8+ hours of full on shitstorm, quite a sight.

It is pretty stupid. Wouldn't say the most stupid but pretty shitty.

I wasn't spending enough time here to see all those threads, but some day I need to check whatever might be archived.

During the summer there were GATE threads pretty much 24/7, and then again when season 2 dropped in january 2016.

>Modern military wipes out magic cavemen
Who'd have thought

Attached: 1568151583648.png (1190x906, 251K)

fucking boy scouts have more combat experience than jap SFs, let alone amerimutts, chinks and ivan

>defensive force isn't that good at offensive fighting

This makes no sense since we are talking about two special forces teams fighting. And even if we assume that what you're saying is correct, they were actually defending a building. The JSDF team had a number of tactical and situational advantages so it makes sense they won. The US army isn't some unstoppable fighting force that can blow away anyone no matter what the circumstances.

I forget that the Taliban are in South Vietnam

Post your proof that Gate is government propaganda. The fact that it was written by a former JSDF member is enough to explain why it presents the Japanese military in a positive light.

I'd put my money on the Koreans, Brits, Spaniards, Israelis, Fingolians, Aussies and Poles over japs without a doubt.

t.Chilean marine which went to RIMPAC once

>Japan has never had a non Japanese MC whenever there is a series that takes place on the real world

You're wrong. As an example, Jojo has been around since the 80s and it had British, American and Italian MCs. And this isn't some obscure series nobody has ever heard of.

They do use it at least.

Attached: DzdaBDZUcAAfW4K.jpg orig.jpg (707x998, 136K)

>tfw no big main gun for rory to stand on

My coaxial is shit

Attached: Drf2U65X0AIsN3f.jpg (1024x1022, 73K)

Not him but did it start out as government sanctioned propaganda? Probably not, no. As you said, it's a former SDF member trying to paint his past profession in a positive light.
Is it now being used by the JSDF as a recruitment tool? Yes.
I do get a chuckle out of the idea of some sad sack Otakus joining up under the belief that they'll get a chance at otherworld waifus.

If they had a gate to another world like that, they'd have to defend the Earth side the most.

Attached: D7-gAvsU0AA9bdy.jpg orig.jpg (1000x750, 113K)

>CIA

Literally under the control of the US government. Don't pretend they're some third party organization.

>California

Nice scapegoat.

Another Americunt filtered. ;)

>US military
>budget:BILLIONS AND BILLIONS
>Standing force: MILLIONS AND MILLIONS
Lost to teenage rice farmers
Lost to smelly goat fuckers
Does nothing about Mexican invasion

Attached: 1328740736185.jpg (249x316, 14K)

Err, sort of. The chinese probably did more to cripple themselves than the Japanese did although the early coastline invasion was successful. The Nationalists weren't even fully unified for one, and the nationalists and commies spent a lot of time basically fighting each other or trying to undermine the other's territory and supply. It was basically a civil war while the Japanese were invading and the result was that the communists won longterm. And technically China came out on top because they were on the party of the winners, never surrendered. China today would be a totally different beast unified under the communist party. Despite being renown for knockoffs they're also the only other country other than the US to produce a 5th gen fighter "on their own", although I'm sure it was bootstrapped with stolen technology. Japan relies on the US for F-35s and accessories

It's like how people think German's "warmachine" just annihilated the French because of how powerful it was. I mean it kind of did, except a lot of french were actually open to the idea of German occupation and didn't want to fight another huge war like WW1, and the result was a very lazy, incompetent, half assed defense. Despite having what should have been a superior military with better technology (at the time) they spread themselves out across their border and waited for the germans to make the first move and the Germans just drove some tanks in. The French didn't prepare for it at all, they didn't take an offensive because they didn't want to fight another war, didn't scout, had a half assed defensive line with holes, no back up plan. One german commander even said they the british and french did nothing to stop them despite overwhelmingly superior numbers. The reality is the brits + french on an offensive could have crushed the germans underfoot up until this point. Basically WW2 was a perfect storm for the Axis, so perfect that they started getting cocky

Please leave that shit in /pol/, this is a "what elf or monstergirl would you breed first" thread.

I call dibs on Doora.

Attached: images.jpg (157x321, 12K)

>Lost to teenage rice farmers
In politics. We never lost a battle against them and had minimal loses compared to them. Like the Vietnam war should be considered a horrific humanitarian crisis because of how horribly we fucked up that populace overall, but since we lost that part is sort of swept under the rug.

>Lost to smelly goat fuckers
Again politics, and also social engineering failures. You can't convert fanatics just by putting a boot to their neck. In combat we could roll over any military in asia with a single naval fleet, but occupying a populace into loving us doesn't work when they fucking hate our guts.

>Does nothing about Mexican invasion
We can't just kill them... They're not even combatants, they're poor retarded starving retards

Nah American and Slavic troops are garbage, one relies on superior vehicles numbers and bombs while the others on constant flux of shit/low tier soldiers.
This is why Vietnam and Middle East child soldiers can kill their troops.

Didn't they say the dark elf has gone through a good amount of potential husbands cause they all died to freak accidents she probably just really needs a cock to ride.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ap_Bac
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Đồng_Hới

That would be hilarious.

>either of you being in the military, ever.

hooooookay there guys calm down we all know you blow man rod and dodge drafts like trump

Most of the girls need to ride one, not just dark elves.

I almost missed the word 'first' and wondered what kind of question that was supposed to be. All that useless content did help keep the thread alive though.

>Japan has one of the most powerful armies in the world

Nigga only the nationalists believe that. Even local Japanese know that's bullshit. The SDF is currently underfunded, understaffed, poorly trained, and suffers from military branch tribalism that prevents proper joint cooperation since each branch is competing with the other to scrounge up what little funding/equipment the budget will allow them.
What few munitions they do have go into military demonstrations for the public, leaving little for actual training.
I'd love for the SDF to get their shit together but I'm not going to fool myself into believing they're a superior fighting force. They need a lot of help getting there.
However, I do understand where the author is coming from. I'd be pretty butthurt too if the organization I dedicated a chunk of my life to is shat on not only by people all over the world, but by the very countrymen I swore to protect. He's not addressing the problem correctly, though. The aforementioned issues are what should be focused on so that maybe people can address them and work towards making the SDF better. Pretending that they're already an infallible super army who don't need any help is a mistake.

China literally admitted that the Jsdf is better trained than them.
They develop tech along with the US too plus provide rare metals and parts.