Do you consider this movie as a FLOP?

Do you consider this movie as a FLOP?

Attached: weathering-with-you.jpg (700x393, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/shinkaimakoto/status/1096216570261495808?s=20
youtu.be/DCfk7tc_KqE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

flip

Attached: flip_flop.png (1232x675, 1017K)

No, why would I?

>2. informal
>(of a performer or show) be completely unsuccessful; fail totally.
no

Nope

U wot m8

Nope its pretty good and a big commercial success

Attached: 1567991405723.jpg (1388x806, 296K)

It did decently in sales so it's not a flop there. Nobody should be spouting anything about it being a flop unless they see it for themselves and dislike it either

Attached: 1566054343203.jpg (480x480, 78K)

>flop
You can hate it all you want but a flop it is not

Forced Flop

Dishonest flopping

Is it out yet?

Attached: 1566545348614.png (433x572, 206K)

I bought 3 tickets, 3 sets of merch, and 3 popcorn/drink combos. I am so excited for tomorrow.

Attached: 1.jpg (900x1106, 213K)

popcorn combo comes with popcorn, poster, two drink cups (looks reusable?), and a hina fan

Attached: wwy2.jpg (630x644, 136K)

floop

Who are you watching with?

myself

Worse then Your name, probably won't have the same commercial reach.

Get a coworker or friend to watch with for the experience. Preferably a girl.

His girlfriend and her bull

bad ost

I'm in Taiwan visiting grandparents. They aren't into anime. All my friends are busy wageslaving in the states

Hina is cute. Cute!

>try tinder or some taiwan app
>"looking for someone to watch WWY with"
Its that easy

I am socially challenged and my Chinese isn't good enough to talk to people. I can't even read or write

>Go to the cinema alone
>tfw sitting with 2 cute girls
>tfw too shy to start a conversation

Attached: 1568080794651.jpg (640x640, 27K)

>10th domestic film to cross 10 billion yen
>flop
Yes the Japanese film industry is dying, producing all these flops.
What a dumb question.

No, it did great in the money making and advertising but I was disappointed at the movie itself

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

Attached: hina.png (1920x1080, 842K)

No. I didn't like it but there's no denying it sold extremely well.

Is it true that cinemas in America don’t allow single people to watch movies by themselves?

I think some places in liberal cities adopted that but not really

>Starting conversations inside the cinema
Fucking degenerate

How can it be a flop when it sold as many seats as it did?

It is in the countries that matter.

Why does America only show anime movies in limited screenings like 1-2 days tops? In it's like minimum a week screening and up to a month.

America doesn't give about non-Ghibli films.

Caught it in Toronto yesterday. Will sell close to if not just as much as Your Name, will probably divide fans of said film. Found it laughable at times, but I won’t deny it had some charm.

Movie should have ended after the rain stop.
I can't believe shitkai sold us on us.

Your Name > Weathering with you

>Movie should have ended after the rain stop.
That's just 5cm/s but way shittier.

this

>implying the ending isn't as shit
>zero thought was put into the ending

>steal girl from rain dragon god with no repercussions
>police ojisan, the gun is just a joke m8
>3years probation for evading arrest
>3years of nonstop rain
>boy meet girl after 3yaers probation and end

There is like zero tension to this and it just happened just because it must have a happy ending. It felt tack on and best girl natsumi didnt even get her epilogue. This also supposedly take place in your name universe and it wasn't raining there. shitkai can't even keep his movies consistent.

Are there screeners out already?

No just photos.

>steal girl from rain dragon god with no repercussions
Did you not see what happened with Tokyo? How was that a happy ending? That alone would downgrade Japan from a 1st world country

I want my life to flop like this

>tfw will never have a pit gf that you can flood the city to rescue
It hurt

Attached: 1560316922577.jpg (1446x963, 60K)

I liked it after having watched it today.
Then again, I'm not particularly discerning and will watch anything anime if I can sit in a dark theatre for an hour or two and forget all my troubles for a time.

Did you get comfy watching it?

I agree with the repercussions user: there was no personal price to be paid. Slap on the wrist temporal troubles aside, I'm talking price for playing with the gods etc. At the end of the day, it didn't hurt them. Not really. There was essentially no cost to either of them cept 3 years where the boy probably could've fucking contacted her but he played it ultra safe by not dealing with her at all. They let everyone else in the capitol, and Japan by extension pay the toll. The story would've had more impact if there was a higher personal price to be paid by either or both of them. Loss of life, loss of lifespan - anything. I thought of a really sappy alternative during my post-kino piss: one life to appease the rainy dragon so rather than lose the girl they both lose "half their lives" and both are reduced to living a half life as it were that must be shared: they physically can't live apart, if they're apart for too long they'll fade like the girl did and it rains increasingly severely the longer they are away from eachother, together they're whole and there's blue skies and sunshine. That's if you want to keep it relatively happy and not go down the death route. Whatever. I just didn't feel that there was any meaningful sacrifice on part of the protagonists.

I had time to kill today. 5 people in the theatre for my showing. It was rather comfy cept I couldn't get my damned glasses clean.
The beginning was fraught with my usual neurosis as we have to stand for the royal anthem before any film starts and, being a 4eyes using an older, weaker prescription I was closest to the screen.
Generally everyone tends to stare at the backs of everyone infront and below them in the dark (I know I do). I don't like that feeling. But yeah after that it was comfy enough. Very prettiful animation.

It was hardly framed as a repurcussiom because all we see is the flooding and some narration of people having to go higher. All the suffering and implications are left up to the viewer while the two lovebirds reunite.

I just watched the early screening of "Weathering with you"
Positives: Visual presentation. Makoto Shinkai raises the bar in animation details again.
Negatives: Storyline.
Almost dumb, best to turn-off your brain.
Overall rating: B

Advice: Please do not expect the same level of achievement like "Your Name" did

Final word: Makoto Shinkai needs to diversify from love story plot

Attached: weather.gif (400x581, 1.22M)

>Makoto Shinkai needs to diversify from love story plot
He'll go down with this premise, never letting go.
Just like what's already happening with Hosoda and his Family related films.

one clarification, when I said the storyline is dumb, it is not about the believable factor of a supernatural phenomenon, but more toward on whether the characters act or situation develops from/at a particular event

Opinion has nothing to do with it, retard. Sales data is objective.

How did the boy's boss know where the derelict building was in order to be there for the final gun confrontation?
Also, why did he cry/feel such emotion when he heard that the grill was gone? He met her once.
Lastly, for a film where the ordinary every day things are non fantastical (clothing, items etc.,), to the extent that all brands are named explicitly rather than given silly placeholders (mcdonalds is mcdonalds, apple is apple, seiko etc., aren't magbonalds or blueberry or feiko etc), why the does the cop have such a silly pompadour? None of the other cops look like they've slid out of another anime entirely and are played straight.
I didn't dislike the film, in fact I'm glad for any instance for seeing anime on the big screen, so I didn't think I wasted my time or anything. Just these questions after thinking about it afterwards.

1. Only offscreen explanations can satisfy this answer. only Natsumi knows where he'll go. Guy might've gotten an answer out of her.
2. This one I still can't figure out, but it didn't bother me.
3. I can only look at this from the Meta side of things. My take is that Shinkai is mocking the police department here. They are generally portrayed as incompetent. For what reason? I don't know.

it is illogical storyline, just bear with it.

You need to watch it again. This time, pay attention to the lyrics of the song that plays during this scene.

Attached: 1567964388129.jpg (1534x798, 320K)

I heard if Your Name never existed, this movie would have done a lot better.

If only that was translated too.
This is the reason for the EU/NA delay
They also need to translate the song.

2. The story the old policeman gave him reminded him of himself and his dead wife. He was also a runaway just like MC. You can see his eyes shaking later when he meets MC and forces him to give up. Which is also why he switches sides later on.
3. Probably hints that he might have been ex-Yakuza. He and the pimp seem to have known each other in their conversation, and the Yakuza are the ones protecting sex establishments from prosecution.

I don't recall my screening having subbed lyrics.

Yeah, you need to look up the lyrics yourself. They really need to translate the song lyrics. I also thought it was a cop-out happy end. But then I read translations for the songs and watched it again, and everything clicked. Hina is such a strong girl.

Attached: 1567109563100.png (616x862, 45K)

Thanks. I still don't really get it, but if I have the opportunity to watch it again, I'll keep in mind that these lyrics are important.

Disecting it in terms of plot won't work like it wouldn't in your name. Try to think of what the main cast had and is going through. I personally enjoyed the movie after some thought. I'm glad a little nuace is back in shinkai's ending.

Question, is the blu-ray out already?
Supposedly, it is for nips, but I can't really pin down anything to confirm this.

>America doesn't give a shit about non-Disney films
FTFY

Highly doubt its out. We'll have to wait a few month more.

Try next year, but earlier than July.

It's still showing in nip cinemas so the BDs won't be out for at least 6-8 more months.

It's a flop but not a time flop.

>USA
>2020 release
goddammit

>Makoto Shinkai needs to diversify from love story plots
He tried making a family-friendly Ghibli clone about death. It's pretty widely regarded as one of his worst films, if not THE worst (though I disagree with that sentiment).

>Aping Ghibli
Probably that's why it's shittier
Could've copied Kon while he's still alive
But no, he has to copy his favorite director

It’s getting good reviews.

Attached: 10D7BD7B-A058-4C1C-B509-3237470449B9.jpg (750x860, 343K)

>Rotten Tomatoes

And?

It barely has reviews.

For me this timeflop is below your name, hoshi no koe, garden of words and 5cm. It is only slightly better than kodomo and the cloud shit.

>time flop
Fuck off with that buzzword

11/11 isn't a bad start though!

cute sunshine girl!

Attached: hina.jpg (1209x1612, 395K)

>tfw no sunshine girl to pray the rain away
I hate this shithole

You and me both.

Here's your shitty 500 days of summer reference.
Shinkai said there was one, I just dont know where.

Attached: references.jpg (2349x1317, 854K)

i want to drown myself in her pits

Bruh, there will people on tinder who speak English, you're just trying to find excuses

>500 days of summer
What is this shitty movie doing in my chinese anime?

Marc Webb will be directing Your Name: Hollywood version
He also directed 500 Days of Summer apparently
Shinkai mentioned in one of his tweets that there was a reference to that movie because of it.

>Marc Webb will be directing Your Name: Hollywood version
The fuck? Why is Hollywood keep ruining stuffs with live action?
What the fuck do they want? Is Death Note not enough?

Cowboy Bebop is also greenlit for a US adaptation
but it fits them anyway

It's this one. The MC is being taught about love by a younger "senpai".

Even the uniform's color matches.

Attached: image.jpg (600x300, 26K)

Attached: image.jpg (739x415, 25K)

twitter.com/shinkaimakoto/status/1096216570261495808?s=20

Attached: 500d tweet.png (593x415, 50K)

Didn't even make it through here
It's hard to watch

Cultural flop

you can do anything you want as long as its before a movie

nobody outside of japan has seen this film yet, so invalid question for an english speaking board

just finished it
it was so good

subbed in english in Taiwan, HK, Australia, and a bunch of SEA countries

It will flop in everywhere else but Japan.

only in theaters though?

yup in theaters
just finished my first watch

>nobody outside of japan has seen this film yet
Mutts actually think only their country exist lmao

Attached: 69598619_2100447836722323_1769501907199459328_n.png (406x431, 235K)

I've seen it three times. It's been out since August 21st here.

So gooks and criminals?

Attached: main-qimg-5a28a9e588bee0ee890f3881aa569ca4.jpg (602x602, 66K)

Seething

>buy 4 sets of posters/goods
>girl at the counter sees me struggling trying to fit 4 posters in my backpack
>ask if I need help
d-do I have autism?

>instead of celebrating it, her birthday now reminds her of that time she drowned Tokyo instead of staying put in the mushroom cloud as sacrifice for the weather gods
>probably contemplated suicide multiple times, thinking that it will go back to the way it was
>only held back by the thought of leaving Nagi alone, therefore just stuck with praying everyday to see if something happens
>nothing happens.
>she's still capable of smiling like this after seeing her husbando after 3 years
she really is strong

>Fitting posters inside backpack

Literally asking for it to get bent or folded.

Attached: image.jpg (474x474, 32K)

it's a poster bag. don't know what to call it

Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong all have the movie. Of these, only Malaysia decided it should be censored.

>all these merch
>haven't even watched the film
Can't wait for you to vent your disappointment here
also post pics of burning merch

What is there to censor? The gun? Hina almost whoring herself? Boy walking into naked girl in the bathroom?

They censored the scene where Hina opens her bathrobe to reveal her transparent body

>Boy walking into naked girl in the bathroom?
did this even happen?

>Hina almost whoring herself
>almost
5000 yen per service

i watched it and thought it was great

Wait waht did they show then? That's pretty important to the plot.

As expected from criminal gooks.

Eh that isn't censor though.
Which Cinema did you watch it in?

Is there a cam rip yet?

>Wait waht did they show then?
Haram.

The scene basically goes
>Hina starts to open her robe
>cut to Hodaka being shocked and turns to look away, then Hodaka starts crying
>return to Hina but she already closed her robe

mmcineplex but they showed a TGV logo at the start of the movie so I think they used the same cut.

>No umbrella

wait for the Russians.

I watched in mbo, they didn't censor the scene at the hotel where she show disrobe herself

what a useful, fitting merch
too bad I missed both advance screenings. Tickets just went too fast.

Maybe I'll check out MBO for a repeat view then. Did MBO show the whole torso?

Wait for the Chinese.
>tfw China release date is not even announced yet
I think Japan knows.

I don't remember seeing anything that deserve censoring but you can see him crying after seeing her body. Were there tits?

>Were there tits?
flat as a board

I actually like 500 days of summer. But i hate the thought of Your Name in movies.

Attached: bikutorika.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

It's barbie doll anatomy. Not sexual but it's a one side full torso

>Hijabers literally squealing when Taki and Mitsuha appeared on screen

Only SEAfags know this feel. It's not a good feel.

Never mind, looks like the only MBOs still showing the movie are in PJ. I ain't driving 4 hours to gamble on maybe seeing a few seconds of Hina's see-through flatlands

>mitsuha is a salesgirl selling cheap accessories in way
What happened? I thought she was a successful designer?

>muh Taki

I'm pretty sure she doesn't have to fuck. You'll still get paid just talking to clients.

hina never whored herself, she is pure

Kek, hinafags are this deluded
You do realize her mom is dead for 1year already, she gotta pay for rent and food for 2 person. Flipping and selling burgers ain't enough.

>tfw meleisian
>tfw my Code Geass Resurrection cinema hall was busier than my WWY cinema hall
I didn't realise so many monyets watched Code Geass

Hodaka even pimped her
He even convinced the kid to join the pimping
She's being paid for cheap
>5000 yen
>maybe more

In a noncensored viewing you should be able to see her nipple-less watery chest. Apparently indons decided it was fine but JAKIM is full of closet pedos who think even this level of exposure is sexual.

fuck off she's pure

Yup this happened on my showing too

she's sluttier than the predator teacher

>is 15
>lie that she is 18 so that she can whore herself
Hmm, is that what a pure girl do?

>tfw want to suck shota's dick instead of lusting after hina
Man, this website turned me gay.

>not wanting to be the shota so you can dick Hanakana and Ayaneru

fuck off she lied about her age to get a mcjob not a sexjob

She willfully went to Kabukicho to be scouted

It won't be a flop since it's riding on the success of Your Name.

The movie itself is a solid 5/10. They just recycled Your Name storyline beat by beat with boy meets girl, supernatural element stuff happens and he save the girl at the end.

Wait, shit, I just realised it just started showing in Singapore. Maybe if I make a day trip over the long weekend I can see it there. But the causeway is always so jammed.

Attached: kuri.jpg (500x500, 124K)

Which one of the lolis was Nagi's current girlfriend?
The short-haired loli or the long haired loli?

the short-hair

A lot of people are defending Shinkai by saying that people have unrealistic expectations for him after Kimi No Nawa. But even if TNK came out before KNN, it would still be a worse movie. The movie is like 2 hours long yet there are so many unresolved threads. So many things introduced with very little payoff.

>We don't know if Keisuke Suga has finally won custody of his daughter even though that's his entire character arc
>We don't know if Natsumi ended up finding a job even though that's her character arc, we don't even see her AT ALL at the end of the movie
>We don't know what happens to Nagi after the three-year time jump, we also don't see him at all after the time skip
>We don't know how Hina felt after seeing Tokyo getting flooded. Did she feel remorse for having her actions contribute to this outcome? Did she feel like she could have just sacrificed herself so that the entire city didn't disappear? How has she grown or changed since those three years?
>We don't even know why Hodaka felt so compelled to leave his old island home? Was he abused? Did he have no friends? Why was he so determined to stay in Tokyo?

We did see Nagi, on Suga's phone.
Since Suga had a picnic with his daughter in rainy weather it's safe to assume he got custody.

Is she a virgin? If not, how many men has she sucked dry of their semen and money?

Attached: natsumi wwy.jpg (1920x1080, 160K)

Natsumi was in the photo as well.

>I'm not paying attention
>I need to be spoonfed
>I'm not capable of connecting the dots
>everything must be answered by the movie
>I'm not capable of making a sensible conclusion given the details provided

>level of achievement

you copy'd this from MAL didn't you,Makoto's best work is still hands down 5cm per second

Attached: Link.png (100x96, 16K)

THIS

Good thing we only have normal squealing teenagers here in the Philippines.

based hijabers make SE/a/nig seeth

>She's 18
>She's cute and wanted to see more of her almost whore outfit
>Reveals she's 15
>...why does that make her so much hotter?
Damnit Yea Forums! I thought JCs being the sexiest was just a meme! What am I supposed to do with this revelation!?

Attached: 1547632381750.gif (512x288, 326K)

I just finished my second watch and I'm on my way to watch it for a third time. I just want to say:
HINA IS PURE FUCK OFF

did you actually watch the movie or are you just a retard?

SEAbros...

Attached: 31.jpg (338x600, 21K)

Technically, no, it made quite a good bank in the box office, but obviously nowhere near close to Your Name.

Artistically, well, exactly the same story. Whatever the fuck Shinkai was dissatisfied with Your Name, this movie doesn't reflect it one bit, and just comes across as bootleg Your Name from creators of Your Name. Maybe he started to work on this movie too early or maybe he was forced to release it too early again, I don't know, but it's a weaker movie than even Your Name and box office surprisingly reflects that.

Maybe it's just Shinkai fatigue. He has found his niche and that's all well and good but he can only redo the same kind of story so many times before people realize they can might as well just watch the superior original instead.
Dude needs to branch out before he ends up as a Japanese Shyamalan.

did either of you actually watch the movie or are you just retarded?

Yes.

Thanks for explaining it to an emotionally dead brainlet like me.

>Boy walking into naked girl in the bathroom?
Now that you guys mention it, what was the significance of those shots of the bathroom logos? (male and female) They did that twice or more throughout the film I think.

>No brown Balinese waifu to drink Pocari Sweat with

Buat apa hidup, Yea Forums?

youtu.be/DCfk7tc_KqE

Attached: image.jpg (1536x845, 109K)

Considering the job market for her was tight before THE FLOODENING it's likely she would've had to resort to prostitution to the new sailor-class of individual that would've started popping up in that world.

>all comericals are better when animuted
Prove me wrong.

I have to disagree with most of this, but it's true that Hodaka's motivation are somewhat lacking and needed elaboration.

I literally watched this three weeks ago you moron.

>stand for the royal anthem before any film starts
Which country are you come from user?

different user but I'm going to take a wild guess and say Brunei, it sounds like the kind of retarded thing they would do.

I'm guessing Thailand.

it's okay, didn't watch your name, 5cm is still his best full length movie, and garden of words was more interesting just as a short. Tenki does a lot of meandering and has to thick a coat of that movie archtype that seems to be the only thing that gets greenlit for anime movies outside of series films where it's a very realistic setting with romance and a slight sprinkle of fantasy/magic and I just want the trend to be over already

just finished showing number 3. The penis my heart literally could not be happier

Why do asians like melodrama garbage?

and One Piece is also on the "fuck U" list

No it was a flop.
Maybe I just went to an early screening at 1030am but the hall had less than 10 people. Code Geass resurrection which was screening at the same time had more people and bunny senpai which had a limited special screening was sold old.

>tfw couldn't go to see Bunny Senpai because can't make excuse to travel to KL just for KIMI NO SEI
Dammit TGV

Seriously I don't know what the fuck they were doing. I didn't know even know that there was a fucking bunnysenpai showing until I went to buy WWY ticket and saw its poster. Meanwhile wanpiss, doraemon, shinchan were all heavily advertised

Yeah, I only found out about it similarly when I went online to look for release dates of WWY a few weeks back, and saw Seishun Buta in the release list. I was really excited until I saw it was a limited showing at Sunway Pyramid only. I bet plenty of weeaboo chink uni students in the Sunway area got to see it though.

>Tenki no Ko threads are currently just an Yea ForumsSEAN and Yea ForumsNZAC gathering space
truly the most accursed of threads.

Attached: shock.jpg (200x200, 14K)

Problem?

Attached: image.jpg (1413x1000, 388K)

Pretty sure it's Thailand. I also had to do that.

From the amount of obvious ESLing I think the ratio of SEAfriends to Aus/NZ is like 90/10.
I'm pretty sure threads during the first two weeks of its release are the best discussion this movie is gonna get. Very peaceful sharing of opinions and almost no contrarianism.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Amazing Stranger - 03 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00.54_[2019.04.21_01.07.20].jpg (1920x1080, 165K)

Might be rose colored glasses talking but I think the Your Name threads before the US release were also much better than the ones after.

>contrarianism.
It is worse than Your Name. That is the truth.
It might not be a commercial flop since it will sell with just the "movie by your name creator" tagline but don't pretend that it is some kind of all time classic.

That's your opinion and I agree with it (hell, it's pretty much the consensus), but it's not what I meant by contrarianism; I meant there was little hyperbole in discussion and people with different opinions generally were willing to expand upon them. Basically no shitflinging.

Your Name had
>better plot
>better pacing
>better music
>better emotional high moments
WWY had
>better characters
>better message
>pretty water

Anyone who remembers /spa/ remembers that the worst shitposters of all were the Canadians, and the SEAmonkeys were just chilling around.

>We don't know if Natsumi ended up finding a job even though that's her character arc, we don't even see her AT ALL at the end of the movie
This is a fair criticism just because of how emphasized it was that it was a major part of her character. The rest is mostly stuff you can piece together by reading between the lines/given away visually rather than through exposition. Some people don't like those methods which is fine, but Shinkai did say he wanted this film to be more divisive.

She is a pure gyaru.

Just finished my 4th watch. The insert songs make so much sense if you know the lyrics.

Attached: tenki.jpg (1612x1209, 421K)

>Just finished my 4th watch
All today?

Yup
started at 9;40am and now it's 9:15pm

Did foot teacher have a cameo in this movie?

No.
The spitter did.

Since you watched it 4 times, do you remember the gyaru looking girl that was holding the baby with his husband toward the end of the movie? Is she a cameo from another shinkai movie? She look awfully familiar.

glorifying powerpoint presentation file

the only other shinkai movies i watched was your name and garden of wirds

>I'm in Taiwan visiting grandparents.
>my Chinese isn't good enough to talk to people. I can't even read or write
Wait so how does the movie viewing work there? Are there both English and Chinese subs in the movie?

Both English and Chinese, but songs only had Chinese sub. Some user posted English translations for the songs and the movie made a lot more sense.

>Songs only had chinese sub
At least songs there have one.

it seems some parts of the songs were missing though
also i found it interesting that they subbed honorifics in Chinese but not English

Why is my country is a glass whore?
I want to be a loli, delete this

Attached: 1557391068654.png (347x451, 220K)

>WWY had better characters
Mitsuha > HIna
Taki > Hodaka
Yotsuha < Nagi
Okudera > Natsumi
Grandma > Kei
>WWY had better message
???

Malaysiafag here, we have Malay/Chinese/English subs. I couldn't read the Chinese subs very well so I don't know if they have honorifics. The Malay subs did not have honorifics, but they did have "senpai" (in the context of Nagi) untranslated. Whereas the English subs translated it to "big brother" for some godawful reason.

>WWY had better message
>self sacrifice is bad mmkay, fuck the world
Well I guess this kind of message is needed for the nips.

global warming is fake news as humans have not recorded enough weather history in the context of the Earth's age to determine what is normal weather

This user would add:
Nandemonaiya > All theme songs

Indonesian here. We only had subs in Bahasa, but it was clearly taken from the AUS english script. Currency was translated to dollars, and pachinko was translated as "pinball" which was something an Ausfag pointed out. Songs were unsubbed.

Sparkle (movie version, not the shit compressed version) > Nandemonaiya (movie version)

For Taiwan, the Chinese script kept yen in yen, i.e. 5000¥ is 5000 + Chinese word for yen. The English script was converted to USD. Pinball parlor was used for our English sub as well if I remember correctly. Temperatures were also "translated" to Fahrenheit

>Fahrenheit
Somebody uses this shit in Asia?

No, the Chinese script kept degrees in Celcius

What have you guys achieved from Your Name release to WWY release?

I'm 99% sure the English script for the Malaysia subs had yen, not dollars. I remember Hodaka and Hina trying to figure out how much to charge for weather interventions and they were discussing in yen. I don't remember any Fahrenheit temperatures either, although it may be possible I missed that. Pachinko was translated to pinball though.

It's possible they were different translations. I watched it 4 times so I'm 100% sure Taiwan had USD + Fahrenheit temps.

Yeah I remember, it is yen.
Hodaka was also complaining about the expensive beer at the start of the movie in yen. How the fuck do you even localize that? Did they change the vending machine sign from yen to $? Is that why it is getting delay release in the west? They need to localize yahoo, seiko to the western equivalent?

The fact that all three scripts used pinball however suggests that there was a common base everyone was working from. I heard that in Australian subs Hodaka calls Nagi "teacher" but in Malaysian English he calles him "big brother", what did Taiwan English subs use?

did BI subs have Hodaka calling Nagi senpai or abang or something else? BM subs had senpai.

Second quote meant for

Taiwan release
Beer price in vending machine is was not subbed.
Car scene where Natsumi asks about Hodaka's salary: subbed to $300 and $30
Hodaka and Hina discussing website price: $50, $30, and $34
Hodaka calls Nagi sempai. sempai with a m.

shower scene in manga cafe: $2.80 for 20 minutes
hotel scene: $280

I wish it's "abang".

"Senior".

What is honestly wrong with you people?

Elaborate. Not sure what you're getting at here.

Can you not spread this headcanon bullshit.

What, the English word "senior"?

how horrifying

Attached: 1337835460178.png (324x246, 51K)

By the way for the people that watched the movie multiple time, anyone know what the terror alert sign that was scrolling in the middle of the movie was about? Subs mistake or what?

I fucking hate this board and the blatant misinformation to be le so funny haha.

watch again after reading the lyrics to 大丈夫
it bothered me too but what can you do?
what do you mean?

>blatant misinformation
Where exactly

Prior to the fireworks scene, right? I think the Katakana on the sign was "Te Ro" so the subs were right. Probably just a reminder for the people watching the fireworks to stay vigilant because it was a held in an open field with lots of people.

Which misinformation are you referring to?

I think right before she prayed for festival, there was a scrolling sign announcing terror alert on the park LED screen or something like that.

the katakana was the sign was definitely Te Ro

No matter what you feel about this movie, earning at least 10 billion yen in box office sales is not exactly a flop user
Especially if only 10 domestic movies can do it.

To meet the basic conditions for the Oscars.

Your shitty country doesn't matter, it seems.

Was it worth it?

No umbrella, so no.

Ended up watching 4 times in total. I bought 3 sets of a merch set directly from the distributor, 3 sets of merch from theater A, and 5 sets of merch from theater B. 100% worth it
Taiwan's distributor is crowdfunding the umbrella but I didn't buy because I'm leaving in a few days (distributor says crowdfunding ends on 9/31) and when I checked they were at a grand total of 0/100 preorders. One umbrella was $30USD or something so that may be why

Of course no, just buy the OEM version mousepad from taobao. It come out from the same factory anyway.

In PH the umbrella was included in the pre-screening ticket price. For only $18 (steep compared to usual $5 ticket price)

Unlucky for Taiwan then. I would still buy 4 or 5 umbrellas at $30usd ea if they were being sold immediately

What is so special about the umbrella? Just buy a transparent umbrella from familymart and make your own teruteru bozu, shouldn't be that difficult

It's a black umbrella with Hina sketch from what I've seen.
No transparent/yellow umbrellas

>it bothered me too but what can you do?
Hold up are you the Taiwan user or the Indonesia user?

i want to support the movie and tell the distributor to keep releasing eng subbed movies in Taiwan
i see a total of 4 available for taiwan crowdfunding: transparent and nontransparent for hina and hodaka
taiwan

Just letting shitposters get to me I'm too old for this shit. The stuff about it being a flop, the plot shit, random shitposter exaggerating the "seedy stuff"

Not you

taiwan movie theater merch
not pictured are 9 posters

Attached: 20190912_230647-1209x1612.jpg (1209x1612, 680K)

So the translation at Hong Kong is different from Taiwan then? It also have Chinese+English sub but I don't remember they gave any lyrics to the song in the movie when they aired in Hong Kong.

>exaggerating the "seedy stuff"
I don't get it.

2018 movie

just see now in 2019

this is the best movie I see this year

Wait this is still screening in Taiwan?
Didn't they screen this relatively early?

and this was the merchandise package from the distributor

possibly? the songs were definitely subbed in Chinese for the Taiwan screening BUT it seems a few phrases were missing. From what I noticed, if there was dialogue during a song, that part of the song was left unsubbed.

Attached: 20190912_230655-1209x1612.jpg (1209x1612, 501K)

Today was the first day for Taiwan's screening. Singapore and HK too I believe

You're still reaching pretty far with your speculations.

HK started 1st week of August I believe?
Hardly heard anything probably because HK is burning at the moment.

The suicide part maybe, but I don't think she's lollygagging while Tokyo sinks in front of her, especially since she's very much involved in it's process.

Hong Kong first screened on August 8
They are still screening the movie in Hong Kong now. Although the number of screen that will show the movie tomorrow have already dropped to 28 screens.

She's definitely not okay, but you can't just extrapolate all those others thoughts from the lyrics.

Read the English lyrics to the song. The song literally gives you cues.
If so then the Taiwan script might be different from the HK script. Taiwan and Singapore might have same script due to releasing together today.
Not the original poster of the theory but I wouldn't use the word suicide. Hina already carries a huge burden-caring for/supporting her brother due to their mom's death . It wouldn't be too far off to say she feels some form of guilt due to her meeting all those people via their website, Kei's daughter, and even Hodaka who said he'd like the rain to stop. From the hotel scene, we know that she's OK with sacrificing herself but only if Nagi is taken care of.

...Is this another overrated movie like Your Name?

Consensus is that YN is better.
Not even the fans try to hype it to oblivion.

The only thing I remember about the bilingual subtitle was that it also convert 1480 Yen to $14.8 only in the English sub. Which is beyond odd as the symbol for Hong Kong Dollar is also $ and the exchange rate is different.

Your entire post was mostly about suicide and the shit about her birthday. All the song indicates is her struggle. We don't know the nature of it.

Pls dont include our glorious SINO country in there...

Attached: wojakprise.png (882x758, 362K)

Literally the first sentence in my post is
>Not the original poster of the theory but I wouldn't use the word suicide.
The first time I watched it I thought the insert songs didn't have any special meaning. After reading that user's post, I read all the insert song's translated lyrics. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th watches were a lot better with song context.

The birthday part is in the movie.
The mid-hotel scene (there's even a clock to show the day transition) up until both of them went back from the sky and enraged the weather gods happened on her birthday, August 22.

Sorry, mixed you up with other user. The songs are good shit.
That has nothing to do with her spending like 3 years miserable about her birthday.

It's about what happened that time.

It's Shinkai's redpill. When Hina told him she was 18 people internalized it in them to be able to lewd and see her in a sexual light. When the reveal happened that she's actually 15 it jolts them awake that age of fictional characters is a pretty arbitrary reason to not lewd them.

The original post talks about remembering her birthday which isn't mentioned at all in the song.

she's 18 at the end of the movie though
also, 16, 17, 18 - what's the difference?

Fucking normalfags I tell you
The only thing on my mind when I watched the movie was I wish I had a hot or cool nee san like Hina or Natsumi. Age is just a number.

They should have made natsumi 16 to seal the deal.

This would not even cross the minds of people with good taste because they would already be lewding Natsumi guilt-free.

And I thought it's only the armpit fetish
Bravo Shinkai

Just seen it. I didn't like Your Name and this is an even worse rehash of that. The art is pretty to look at though even in the shitty theater.

The audio is fucked in my theater. Echo-y/full of ringing sound/L and R are delayed

Thailand. I usually come late to skip the trailers and usually end up missing this awkward standing in the dark too which occurs right before the film starts.
One Piece: Stampede is next. Dunno if I can risk it since I've not caught up in a very very long time. Still, the novelty of watching a OP film, or any anime at the cinema is hard to pass up since regular films have been so disappointingly shit on the whole.
I was disappointed that the bunny girl film didn't have eng subs nor did the latest Conan film.
This has been the only thing in a while that's been Jap audio with Thai and English subs.

Incidentally, the subs had pinball instead of pachinko though I don't recall what they used for Nagi. I gloss over honorifics that I've basically internalised when I hear them in Jap anyway.

Why are the skyfish such assholes?

Musubi.

Summer's a bitch
She makes the movie hard to watch.

>I thought she was a successful designer
I don't think there's a mention of it in the LN. Manga maybe, but I haven't read that.

I wonder about that myself. Is it the foreign theater chains being biased/prejudiced about anime or publisher being uncertain or cheap and too afraid to negotiate for more screens? I'm pretty damn certain Your Name would have made over a billion if it had a worldwide release like all the 3d literal who generic cartoons that nobody seems to watch or care about. There's like a dozen of them coming out every year.

Lack of influential distributors overseas.
This movie making bank is mostly because an influential distributor (Toho) is willing to shell out marketing funds for local release.