Naruto thread

I don't care what anyone says. Kishi put out the best art in Shonen Jump history on a weekly basis and a better story than monthly mangaka authors. It was original, unpredictable until the end (as in, it became more predictable once people starting to hover), and inventive with its use of cultural idiosyncrasies.

My favorite arc was the Pain arc. The way it resolved Naruto's greatest plotline about love conquering over war, by demonstrating it, and subsequently the fruits of peace when Pain used his (plot-backed) Rikudo Rebirth jutsu to revive the village that he had just assaulted; which Naruto still remembers when Obito uses it and is why he doesn't try to stop Madara with Sasuke (that's what you call A-Grade detail). It all came together perfectly.

I especially like how it comes right after the Shikamaru Revenge and Sasuke-Itachi arcs, to kind of contrast how Naruto is different from other ninjas. I like how at the very beginning Naruto's the same. I like how their first mission took them to a country where ninjas don't exist because the ocean offers natural protection. I like how Shikamaru's dad's death and the Chakra Tree happen exactly 400 chapters from the moment when he and him are playing chess and he tells Shikamaru he will one day learn who the "King" is.

Art - 10/10
World-building - 10/10
Story - 9/10
Lore - 8/10
Pottery - 1000000000000/10

You couldn't out-write Kishi if you had a lifetime to do it. Believe it.

Attached: 1471911139832.jpg (300x450, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FOJoHAP03Yg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Kishi put out the best art in Shonen Jump history on a weekly basis
Read Bleach you utter retard

I actually like Naruto but you're a fucking lunatic if you think it's actually a good series
It does have some of the best girls in shonen history though (except fucking Sakura)

What's your point? Shut up Bleachnigger.

Attached: 1562327541026.jpg (1192x670, 163K)

Soulless

>no argument

Attached: 1471453618717.jpg (1280x912, 295K)

Fucking trash

How do we make Boruto as good as Naruto was?

Fuck off retard

>best art in Shonen Jump history on a weekly basis and a better story than monthly mangaka authors

Attached: Rokudenashi Blues (1).png (1395x1100, 318K)

And we were doing so well too!
OP is wrong about everything, and Nardo will be forgotten completely, a aberration in manga history that was shitty and not worth the paper it was printed on or the bytes it occupied in the internet

Attached: good riddance!.jpg (1366x580, 151K)

Attached: Slam Dunk (23).jpg (1275x1000, 259K)

See God, you bigoted morons are tiring.

Attached: 1530580942210.png (466x285, 95K)

>bigoted
???

What does this trash compete with Kishi's magnum opus? You dumb as fuck shitposter.

Attached: 1488498294153.jpg (2133x1600, 721K)

It's a great shonen manga, I agree. Art is great but there are better ones. Someone mentioned Bleach and I agree. Bleach is worse in almost every aspect except this one.

"No!"

Attached: 1437472904-6848b71b591d8eaa345d0ad37185712d.jpg (362x368, 52K)

I'll admit that the "shit's about to go down" koto + shamisen fighting music is one of the most memorable shonen hype osts.

Sorry to burst your hate boner, but Naruto is a good story. It uses a protagonist with clear flaws and goals to get its feet and then transitions into a narrative which effectively elucidates the nature of cyclical conflict. Kishimoto's been accused of just giving all his villains sad backstories, which is true to an extent, but the point is that there is no one who's just "evil". In Naruto, today's conflict was caused by yesterday's generation, and that generation's conflicts were caused by the previous generation, but they are not blamed. They simply have to acknowledge their responsibility and work to ensure their mistakes are not repeated.

Attached: Pain speech.webm (640x360, 1.81M)

>I will spam Yea Forums and shill for a worthless author
Just w o w

Attached: ASS BURGERS NARDU.png (1168x4800, 230K)

Bring back Kishimoto, but the current arc in manga is pretty solid if you ask me.

Compared to other Shounens especially more recent ones
I rate Naruto a good 6.5/10

My love for Naruto is 100% nostalgia based. It's a shit show after the pain arc. Hell, I'd argue that the wave arc was the peak, and it was a decline after that. Chunnin exams were great, but nothing will ever top the Zabuza fight. The anime power creep really fucked Naruto over.

Slam Dunk alone proves you wrong.

I love Naruto too user
Here's some art for you.

Attached: IMG_20190910_165428.jpg (2200x1650, 644K)

Attached: IMG_20190910_165418.jpg (2200x1650, 623K)

In hindsight, was it really that bad?

fuck off faggot

No. It just makes contrarians and anime gatekeepers mad.

Yes

>wasted konoha 11
>wasted orochimaru
>abandoned concepts like chakra natures countering each other
>talk no jutsu
>asspull eye jutsu
>man behind the man behind the man behind the man
>flashback after flashback
>soulless art later on
>didn't end after pain arc
>absurd power creep
it wasn't the worst thing ever but the series has a lot of lows

It went to shit after the timeskip desu. It was pretty good before that.

Tell my one way in which the series wouldn't improve if Sasuke was a girl.

if anything the music was good

youtube.com/watch?v=FOJoHAP03Yg

>benching the entire cast only to focus on the two most boring ones, naruto and sasuke
I'm still mad. My boy Rock Lee deserved better.

It went bad after Naruto went Ninja Jesus. After that I can no longer take it seriously and only enjoyed the fights but not the retarted plot. Also this is an unpopular opinion but Itachi was better as a ruthless villain and not as a perfect woobie martyr onii-chan.

>"This is a parring that would never and should never happen. Not to mention it would just piss off 95% of the Naruto fandom. There are really only three Kushina parings that are universally excepted by the fandom (that I know of). Those three are Kushina x Naruto, Kushina x Minato and Kushina x Mikoto. She is one of those characters that the fandom doesn't like to 'experiment' with."
>"She is one of those characters that the fandom doesn't like to 'experiment' with."
Has this person seen her unfiltered in Google Images?