Uzumaki

What are you guy's thoughts on the up coming animation?
youtu.be/VDEQyK5ZH-E

Attached: Capture.png (1923x1076, 1.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NJMNrjAgwE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's probably going to be the best Junji Ito adaptation yet, although that's not saying much.

>Looking at anything that moves
Gross

Ito's manga are already pretty mediocre and this will probably be even worse because it's highly doubtful an anime studio can match his artistic skill

>Ito's manga are already pretty mediocre
Most are but I would say Uzumaki is the closest to having an actual ending.

Attached: 13.jpg (1200x867, 220K)

Attached: Baby Fuck you.png (1141x845, 776K)

Apparently, Hiroshi Nagahama will be the director for the series. He previously directed Mushishi and Aku no Hana, among many other projects.

All I'm saying is that Gyo's OVA and the Junji Ito Collection were pretty bad. Even if Uzumaki ended up being mediocre, it would still be the best out of the three.

Oh no dont get me wrong I agree that they were shit, I just have high hopes for this one based on the trailer and the fact that these niggas decided to keep it in black and white. Also the music is coming from the guy who worked on the film hereditary so there's that as well.

Attached: 9.jpg (800x1179, 201K)

even with an ending it still relies too hard on ineffectively ripping off Lovecraft, like every Ito manga that's not Tomie

mite b cool

The music was eerie as fuck, it might be really good if the music keeps setting the same atmosphere as in the trailer.

All modern horror rip off Lovecraft in one way or another. Niggercat

get the feeling its going to be a still shot fest

I can confirm listening to stetson while reading uzumaki increases spookiness by 80%. They've made a good choice.

Man, I feel so bad for her brother, stuck as a snail forever

ending up as a snail is probably better than what happens to the guys in the building

I can't believe how normalfag-tier Junji Ito is now.

I like that even the music sounds "swirly".

why? He's been popular as fuck for ages

>OTHER PEOPLE LIKE HIM
>THEREFORE I MUST PRETEND TO NOT LILE HIM ANYMORE

not sure if it'll be good but that bari sax playing was fucking awesome

Check out Colin Stetson on YouTube, he's pretty good

who are you quoting?

Anyone know the track title? I checked out Stetson's other tracks but I don't like them as much as the song in the trailer, which is honestly one of the best songs I've heard in ages

maybe I just don't read enough horror, but it seems like Ito leans on it way harder than most others. Everything is a mysterious eldritch horror that can't be reasoned with or stopped, and every story finishes like a sitcom parody of a shitty student film where the final shot is a title card that says "THE END" but then fades in a question mark

Among the Sef is the song used for the trailer.
youtu.be/NJMNrjAgwE0

4 episodes seems like too few.

nah it's exactly enough. Cut all the dumb filler in the middle and adapt the actual story

Music seems good. Style seems good, but hopefully with decent animation to back it up.

Part of me is still hesitant because I think CN/AS should fuck off with throwing money at anime. My gripe there is mainly with sequels. As an adaptation this might be just fine as long as CN has no influence in the project.

>That soundtrack
>Literally sounds like a spiral
Fucking amazing, i hope this won't suck ass like previous Ito adaptation. I hope they will go full black&white to pay justice to Ito's dread artstyle.
Teaser was fucking amazing.

The AS influence is obvious since Stetson is doing the soundtrack, which is a mixed blessing because his music is solid but attracts the wrong kind of western audience (i.e. the kind of fools who bought Ito's compilation at American eagle or wherever the fuck kinda place like that had it for quirk points)

>listening to stetson while reading uzumaki
This. Made the mango taste that much sweeter.

>4 episodes
No way it can be done right

Nice choice of music for the trailer. It's unnervingly... spiral-ish.

Uzumaki is by far the worst Junji Ito story I've ever read, it just keeps repeating the same shit long after losing its novelty. It has a couple of memorable scenes but it's not worth it. In fact I couldn't even finish it and ended up skipping chapters until the final arc. The movie was similarly miserable and I'm confident that this new adaptation won't be any different, so I won't even bother giving it a try.

>Uzumaki is by far the worst Junji Ito story I've ever read
Hellstar Remina, Gyo and most of his one shots are a lot worse. At least with Uzumaki there is a decent story, you just have to ignore half the manga

I prefer Gyo to Uzumaki (and the Gyo anime to both the Uzumaki movie and the recent short anime), and the one-shots all have the advantage of not dragging endlessly, which is the worst sin as far as I'm concerned. Most of them have at least one interesting idea or visual, and even the pointless ones can be a little interesting due to their banality when you go into them expecting some grotesque twist that never comes.

It will flop

kys hipster incel

I don'tget why people are so obsessed by uzumaki.
It's interesting, but I think there are better ito's stories

The episodes are 30 minutes each at least

Remina is so goofy how could you not love it

Attached: Jigokusei Remina - Vol.1 Chapter 3_ Plaguebringer - 6.jpg (2000x1400, 1.03M)

it's the standard shit Ito writing except without the interesting art motifs that carry Uzumaki

It's made for gaijin so they will love it.

because most of Ito's works aren't very good outside of the art, so people glom onto the one with the best art

Among the Sef