JoJo

Everything about Joseph in Part 2 feels terribly forced and obnoxious. He is one of the most soulless protagonists I've ever seen. I have the same kind of opinion on Part 2 Joseph as I have for characters like Bubsy: a collection of catchphrases made specifically to mask a character with a poor core personality.

Almost every JoJo shows at least some growth and natural development in their part, even Jotaro and Giorno. Joseph had none. Listening to him get sad over Esidisi or get pissed at Kars for cheating, even though his entire personality is that of a swindling cheater, or his constant fighting with Caesar that has no resolution, how he has supposedly a really strong bond with Caesar despite no interaction, it feels disingenuous. He feels like a collection of attributes than an actual character, with a wacky personality to hide at the core very poor writing and development. Like his existence is just Araki trying to give us a super hip wacky protagonist to make up for boy scout Jonathan.

His tricks are so obnoxious too. I don't mind asspulls, but Joseph's asspulls are so uncreative. Most of them boil down to "I covered you with things while you weren't looking, haha". All he does is pull a rope or a machine gun out of his ass at a convenient moment. It's just so lazy, even compared to the stuff Jotaro does early in Part 3. We are supposed to be invested at his supposed growth as a fighter, but he never learns anything new. We are told "you've grown as a fighter" without seeing it because his tricks are the same from start to finish.

Even the main thing I liked about him that was "he chases his own adventure", at the start of Part 2, fades away once he gets with Lisa Lisa.

I really did try to like Joseph, and I like him in Parts 3 and 4, but I can't stand him in Part 2 no matter how many times I watch it.

Attached: soulless.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iAbOPkmEZMY
youtube.com/watch?v=pc1nZ5H2aMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cringe, Joseph is the third best jojo. Also he grows up, or you don’t realize he started to take fights more seriously and be less retarded after the training with Lisa Lisa?

Agreed, hes the 1° reddit jojo

shut up nigger

Best Jojo. Jonathan and Jotaro really suck and the rest are good but not as good as Joseph

I've been saying this shit for ages but no one fucking listens. They just give him a free pass because he's wacky and fun and that's cool and all but god I wish people would stop making him out to be the best character in JoJo when he's actually incredibly shallow and flip-floppy. Even after his training with Lisa Lisa he's still JUST as silly during battles with the exception of the one fight with Wamuu which is honestly him at his best and the Joseph I wish we got more of throughout Part 2 but he quickly reverts back into asspulls: the character that somehow makes these super intelligent and experienced warriors turn into complete retards by the time he goes head to head with Kars again. I don't hate the guy but everything about him is so massively overrated. Part 3 Joseph is a huge improvement though and one of my favorite characters because it's like Araki sat down and said 'shit! I better make him an actual character now!' and lucked out because Part 2 Joseph at least had a good groundwork to work off of.

I think it's pretty interesting how the weakest JoJo (Yes, Jonathan would beat Joseph because of some bullshit involving being the first protagonist) beast the strongest villain.

Jonathan is confirmed to be a fucking monster though even without a Stand, so that's unfair to Joseph honestly. That said, I do like the David and Goliath angle they were going for in Part 2 but I just wish it were done better.

It's normal that he triggers autists most normal of all the protagonists has good hobbies and isn't a edgelord like Jotaro or a moralfag like Giorno.
Him and Johnny are the best Joejoes

I think Araki wanted to write deeper characters in part 2 but it didn't really work out too well.

I like the contrast between him and Jonathan, with Joseph being really conniving compared to Jonathan's noble demeanor. .

And it's a shame, really. The framework was there and could have easily been worked with if he was willing to delve into it more

Johnathan, Joseph and Jolyne are the only Jojo character with development in their respective parts

Switch Joseph out with Johnny and you're right.

>I think Araki wanted to write deeper characters in part 2 and it worked really well
ftfy

Didn’t finished 7 yet, I was an animeonly months ago

I bet you think The Rock wasn't a talented wrestler too

forgot giorno, who is much more developed and much deeper

cringe

Joseph is a reddit jojo

>Deeper
Maybe
>Developed
No

I don't get it. Everything in the OP is empirically false but people act as if, just by virtue of writing out a few paragraphs we ougth to take him seriously.

contrarians

seething josephfag

josephbros, where we at?

Attached: 1566834293998.jpg (1080x1350, 100K)

I agree. I liked him much more in part 3.

>Everything in the OP is empirically false
Cope

>the strongest villain
Kira would annihilate Kars too, and Dio with The World can stalemate him at least.

Attached: T A K E M E T O C H U R CH.png (540x540, 381K)

First posts worst posts

Nice quads

He is simply self confidant and has spunk. Something you find in the passive highschool students you probably watch

Noone ever reads long ass texts. They think that by virtue of writing a lot it must have a correct argument in it.

Not an argument.

Kira has no way of actually killing Kars though

I've never been particularly fond of Battle Tendency, so this is a pretty based post, and it doesn't seem ironic.

I think Stardust is the worst of the first 6 parts though.

>I've never been particularly fond of Battle Tendency, so this is a pretty based post, and it doesn't seem ironic.
>I think Stardust is the worst of the first 6 parts though.
Shit taste through and through.

Stardust Crusaders has some nice moments, but the fact that it runs for three years and slogs heavily in the middle conflicts with the fact that this is supposed to be taking place within 50 days.

Also the antics really take away from the fact Holy Kujo's life is in danger. It's weird and I don't like it. I thought Jotaro was cool when I was younger but looking back on Part 3 today, I really wish he was more nuanced. Even if only a little. Something small like getting aggravated with the guys while they're goofing off because they're taking too long to get to Cairo would have really elevated his character for me.

>Jotaro not really showing any concern for Holy after the beginning
>Ending doesn't even show them reuniting
Why?

Yeah exactly. Stardust Crusaders, as played up as it is, could have been a lot better. The inclusion of some small things would make a lot of the stuff we did get easier to forgive. If there had been more tenderness and vulnerability, I wouldn't even want anything removed.

I don't think there were any moments where the antics delayed their progress to Egypt, though. It would just make Jotaro come across as an unlikeable dick.

It would have been in character though. Also, I don't think anyone would fault him for getting agitated while his mother's life is in danger and they're constantly being beset with bullshit.

Jotaro was enjoying the trip too. He should be agitated at the enemy, not the other guys who are helping him. It would be really tiring if they spent the entire part being serious and tense.

It doesn't necessarily have to be him getting mad at the guys though, just more from Jotaro in general would have been nice.

If it helps, I also think Stone Ocean is pretty agonizing for a large bulk of the story and past a certain point I dread rereading it every time.

I think Jolyne is better than Jotaro though, and I think Wes and Pucci are a bit more compelling than similar dynamics in Part 3. Although DIO's World is really good, I think the closing chapters of Part 6 are better too, so that's why I think of Part 3 as being the worst of the bunch.

I'm pretty certain I wrote this exact post, word per word, years ago when I used to go on Jojo threads more often.
Never thought I'd see it turn up again.

Attached: samefag.gif (652x349, 283K)

I think a bunch of fights in the middle of part 3 aren't that good, it's mostly the Egypt fights that get interesting. And DIO's fight, while good, doesn't live up to the massive build-up that DIO got throughout the whole arc (his first face reveal is probably his best moment).

Attached: Untitled.jpg (718x547, 229K)

Listen up retard, he is one of the best Jojos because he matured. What you are describing was his initial bluster. He matures as he sees his friends and even enemies die

Cringe dialogue

>Didn't finished 7
Opinion is immediately invalid

Why would finishing part 7 change his opinions on parts 1, 2, and 6?

>”I hate losing! Like winning hates me!”

t.digibro

youtube.com/watch?v=iAbOPkmEZMY josephj best joestar, I like the asspull kino

Too lewd for a shonen

Attached: jojo lewd 2.png (400x500, 56K)

>Kira has no way of actually killing Kars though
how about his stand ability?

Attached: Kira.png (1920x1080, 2.64M)

>Touch Kars
>Explotes

I'm reading Part 8, and why couldn't they just make a new Rock fruit branch when they had access to all these rock fruit? I assume it's because Josuke's ability isn't exactly the same as Josefumi's but I just want to make sure.

Attached: x31.png (900x1400, 370K)

>Oh, tacos!

lol xDDDD

Attached: fkYDkz7.jpg (1366x768, 156K)

Because that takes time. Kira and Josefumi's branch takes 6 months for the first harvest, which is why Damo's gang manages to find them out

Even Araki thinks Joesph is for plebs

Attached: Araki confirms that Joseph is for casuals.jpg (812x158, 33K)

Based.

youtube.com/watch?v=pc1nZ5H2aMM

Was it kino?

he literally managed to overpower vampire dio without hamon
absolute fuckin lad

>giorno
>deep and developed
w h a t

>finally make a jojo western
>one protagonist is a depressed cripple and slight psychopath
>the other is a wacky dude with teeth engravings who make shit puns

early 2000's Adult Swim/10

He says it's easier to get into Joseph's character if you're accustomed to WSJ heroes, which doesn't have anything to do with plebs or quality. Even then, Araki was dead wrong because Jotaro was massively popular, way more than anything before him.

So what Araki says is not only wrong, but irrelevant.

What was he wrong about? He never said Jotaro was unpopular.

The implication of "easy to get into" is synonymous with popularity. Jotaro turned out to be exceedingly easy to get into, probably more than Joseph himself since it's not like what made him popular was his deep character arc or anything of the sort, just the hard-boiled action hero aesthetic.

Araki didn't get the reception to his own manga right, simple as that.

Exploding would not kill Kars.

>NIGER
What the hell, Joseph?

Attached: D46744CA-AD13-4322-9C10-F87F08BE8801.jpg (500x281, 24K)

Not gonna lie, that part always makes me laugh.
Yeah probably. Most people just like cool heroes that get shit done.

jojo more like jobber

But Joseph won against Kars The Ultimate Jobber.

It's pussy tier

Based OP. Josephredditors literally SEETHING.

they peaked with Namek and haven't been funny since