What happened to it? it had a lot of promise

what happened to it? it had a lot of promise

Attached: Made-in-Abyss-Anime.jpg (1200x1600, 404K)

It became fetish fuel

>it had a lot of promise
It always had 0 appeal outside of the setting.

Shit normalfag opinion.

Pace slowed significantly for an info-dump.

It still has promise, just needs the plot to get rolling again.
When is the OVA supposed to launch? And are we getting new OST tracks with it? I really hope so.

pretentious garbage

>It always had 0 appeal outside of the setting.
I wouldn't say 0. The A D V E N T U R E plot is nice, and the fact it doesn't pull punches on the suffering makes it unique enough to keep interest.
The setting is the BEST part though, you're right enough there. Wish we got some idea what a normal delver is like. Would help me on the TTRPG I'm working on

Why were the loli nipples censored even in the movies?

Manga updates close to berserk pace now but it gets a movie soon.

This is the longest time between updates isn't it?

Pace was way too fast and now slowed way down too slow for lore explination instead of dealing it out at a steady pace.

Manga has been stuck in a fucking flashback explination for 3-4 months now too.

Attached: Faputa.png (1270x866, 882K)

Yes but at least he is working on it.

What the hell is pretentious about it? Didn't the author say he wanted to write something that his 14 year old self would like?

>everything I don't like is pretentious

Nothing fucking happened to it the current arc is the best one yet you faggot.
I bet you neither read the manga nor even watched the anime and you're just falseflagging to start a shitposting thread.

>muh buzzwords

>What the hell is pretentious about it
Pretentious is just a buzzword and you are replying to an obvious bait

>suffering makes it unique enough
>Standard body horror shit and so on that you can see in numerous other stories

>what happened to it? it had a lot of promise
Merchandising is important as is licensing sales.

Anime shows are created by production committees. The members of the committee require the ability of the show to sell merchandise because the age of having enough people purchase videos is over due to streaming and piracy.

If the previous Made In Abyss anime hadn't sold a lot of merchandise, then the chance of more anime being made is basically zero due to opportunity costs. You see, why should the TV station air MiA when it could air a different anime that appealed to more profitable advertisers? Remember that a TV station has only so many time slots available per day per week, so using up a timeslot for a low-profit show is a waste when it could use it on an all new show that has a better chance of big profits.. Why should merchandise makers invest money in new production when they could do so for a different anime with a fresh market? The existing market may have also been saturated by previously sold MiA goods that didn't sell all that well.

Attached: SailorMoonCrystal_sanitaryallnight_33cm.jpg (580x703, 147K)

Is Made in Abyss popular enough to sell licenses to motor oil companies?

Attached: motor oil - lucky star SAE 0W-30.jpg (620x436, 132K)

>unique enough
>meaning that it's been done by others, but is not the standard. Not that it is completely new and never been done before
ESL-kun is cute. I love helping ESL-kun learn.

Neon Genesis Evangelion was popular enough to create a huge market for related product licenses to be sold. NGE toilets were even created and sold. NGE fast food was sold. NGE clothing lines were created and sold in department stores. Even the camisole undergarments in the style that Asuka wore were created and even advertised in print media.

Not asking for Made in Abyss to sell licenses like crazy, but the MiA main characters aren't old enough to sell many types of products. And they are too poor to be fashion clothes horses like Asuka or those girls in Love Live and iDOLM@ster. That means Made in Abyss will have a smaller pool of potential production sponsors, investors, or license buyers as compared to other shows.

Attached: Attack on Titan - TBC hair depilation 01.jpg (580x376, 51K)

The movie better be fucking mind blowing.

Certainly everyone has heard of the love pirates have for alcohol. Here is an example of Pepsi sold with 1% alcohol content as a product tie-in with One Piece. How old is Luffy? He and Chopper are old enough to frequently drink... But the characters in Made in Abyss can't afford to be drunk in the Abyss.

Attached: Franky Cola Pepsi (One Piece).jpg (720x540, 67K)

Nanachi was born for stuffed animals and figures.

>scented
damn I need this

Tater-face art style is a bit off-putting

Tsukushi not having an update schedule made him really lazy. Honestly I wonder how he is going to meet his volume deadline next year when he has produced 0 chapters for it yet

>3-4 months
it's been almost a year since the flashback started, more if you count the time between ch 47 and 48

But that's the best part.

Christ has it really been a fucking year

Attached: 1553971608692.png (1165x947, 923K)

>It still has promise, just needs the plot to get rolling again.

This. The village is basically MiA's boat.

I get the feeling we reached a point in the story beyond of what he planned.

shota with asshole bellybuttons, the manga

so much for my theories that there were actually many layers beyond the final maelstrom whose existence had just never made it to the surface. I really thought we were gonna get there given how quickly we sped through the first few layers.

In a recent interview he said that he planned to make at about two volumes long, but he just kept coming up with new ideas, so now he things he is about halfway done.

My guess with the pace change has to do that he started with a burst of inspiration about the abyss and went on with it quickly but eventually he started to nerd out on the lore, I like it to be honest.

Also, yeah 5 chapters in a year of course it feels stuck, but I liked the story.

Attached: reg.png (243x363, 133K)

There used to be a MiA thread here 24/7. Now it's two threads 24/7. Impatient?

>What happened to it?
Everyone's just waiting for the sequel movie to screen in Japan in January 2020.
2 recap movies were made with a bit of new animated content and they're going to be released on BD/DVD in Japan in November.
Manga-wise, we didn't have a chapter in a a couple months because the author is supposedly working with the anime staff on the sequel movie. But we're about 75% in a pretty long but highly interesting arc.

The mangaka is a lazy piece of shit who kills the hype with his inconsistent releases

Boring outside lolib8 and ryona.

Author probably ran out of ideas. We've been in monster town + flashbacks for 1 1/2 years now, I think.

if you're out of ideas, why not just write an ending

Only pedos and furfags care about this now

Yes and?