George Abe recently passed away

Rainbow's author passed away at the age of 82 due to pneumonia. abegeorge.net

Attached: TopPhoto080114.jpg (764x388, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WLzlGA_Uv5E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

RIP

F
I didn’t realize he was thet old, but at least he didn’t die young.

RIP

F

RIP
Another one bites the dust

F

SO FAR AWAY
BUT I'M NEVER GIVING UP

Oh fuck no now we'll never see how the manga ends
RIP my friend, your work genuinely turned me into a better person

Damn, rest in piece.
Wont forget aniki

F

f

Ah, dang. He had a really compelling library of work and seemed like a cool guy.

fucking sad F

>Oh fuck no now we'll never see how the manga ends
Isn't Rainbow finished?

IF THERE'S A PLACE INSIDE THIS WORLD

Awww man i love Rainbow

The anime covered like 40% of the current manga but no it's not finished, we'll never see if Mario gets back together with Bro's gf and saves her from her abusive rich junkie husband

F
Intersting to know he was the same age as the characters during the early 50s.

George was an ex yakuza
A lot of Rainbow was inspired by his personal experiences and Bro based on someone he knew

Unironically Bro's teachings improved my life and I'll ever thank him for that

F

Very cool, I didn’t know that.

Fucking F

Why does Yea Forums never talk about Rainbow?
>solid plot
>well developed characters
>sensible progression of time, timeskips feel authentic
>has actual life lessons to be learned
>feels like it's been written with actual care and talent, not some mangaka who forgets half of his cast and plot points
>doesn't try to cover up flaws with big doe-eyed colorful hair weebshit waifus
>Kakizaki's very detailed art
>anime has great OST and Opening/ED songs

Also, what are the chances of getting another season?

Attached: mario.jpg (531x835, 179K)

Never ever.
Funny how good anime doesn't get ss2 but shitty isekai and shounen can, fucking nips

power of capitalism

thread theme one of my favorite ED songs
youtube.com/watch?v=WLzlGA_Uv5E

I think it's perfectly fine that we only have one season. After all, it was a perfect season even though some people may dislike it because "forced drama" - but why do they even say that? They were watching a prison anime that takes places right after WWII. Sorry there was no epic shonen fights and cute lolis to be seen here.

Anyway, season two wouldn't have that much to offer. It'd mostly focus on Mario being a boxer and the abusive relationship of Bro's ex. Although there may be some comfy episodes with Turtle's business. It wouldn't have a proper end either since he's dead now, which fucking sucks. But hey. He's had a very interesting life and got old. I'm relieved to see a lot of people cherish his work.

>. It wouldn't have a proper end either since he's dead now, which fucking sucks
The manga ended back in 2010 if I'm not mistaken, but the chapters are still getting translated (not consistent but still) and there are still like 70 chapters left to get scanlated (i hope they did it faster)

Yeah the anime end perfectly

Rainbow is a goddamn masterpiece, bless his soul

You are correct but also incorrect
It stopped publication in 2010 with an unfinished ending, basically a similar situation Vagabond has been in for years

>The anime covered like 40% of the current manga but no it's not finished
Why are you even talking about anime and use 'how the manga ends'? Manga ended at volume 22 9 years ago, just read it

Why are you guys saying that Rainbow isn't finished? It already ended, it just isn't completely translated

F

>Good mangaka die
>Fucking Isekai harem trash author still alive
JUST

Attached: sad Abe.jpg (720x517, 48K)

>it just isn't completely translated
here the answer

F

RIP.

Who?

>don't know about Rainbow

> Instead of introducing people to better anime, we should force people to watch different anime that they might not like
Kill yourself retard communist jew

F

;_;

where's the sticky?

Rainbow isn't popular enough I guess

>implying Yea Forums, let alone mods, care about good seinen series

the procreate guy

F

F

RIP.

But wait, the mangais stillnot completely translated? Come on, honor this man's death.

It got updated like 3 days ago, the translation is still going

82 years sounds like a long life at least. RIP

F, you will be missed

Well, that's something.

It would suck to die before the Olympics in 2020 though

How many 82 year old isekai harem authors are there?

i think this thread should be stickied

Nobody cares about Olympics, Abe.

maybe back in 2009, but not now

Ah fuck so he wrote Rainbow with some real life experience out of the situation? That is incredible to hear, but also pretty dissapointing, for a guy that had first hand experience on something like that, to discard so much of that to write a melodramatic soap opera, I would've prefered something more real and down to earth to be honest.

It reads more like someone that read some wikipedia pages on post war Japan and hammed every problem to drama high heaven.

Nothing special about Olympics
Only normalfags care about that

>George was an ex yakuza
>A lot of Rainbow was inspired by his personal experiences and Bro based on someone he knew
Well gotta read it now.

Nobody wants to read real (and often depressing) stories, they want colorful shit with a "everybody is happy" ending, and that's not just for manga mind you.