Vinland Saga's mangaka exposes toxic masculinity inherent to the Viking society and oppression of women in his magnum...

Vinland Saga's mangaka exposes toxic masculinity inherent to the Viking society and oppression of women in his magnum opus.

Attached: 35_468323_1456_2048.jpg (1456x2048, 469K)

Tips on progressive parenting

Attached: p.txt-2.jpg (1137x1600, 306K)

>“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.
Matthew 5:38-40

Attached: 27_362585_1456_2048.jpg (1456x2048, 365K)

We must stop violent men from coercing women into taking up arms.

Attached: 1567983411729.jpg (1137x1600, 325K)

What a fucking cuck retard

>just run because away fighting is dangerous
this is why japs were enslaved rice farmers and fishermen tyrannized by sword-carrying samurai who could cut them down in the road for century after century. if you kill your oppressors they can't oppress you anymore, dude stick a pitchfork in them there's dozens of you and one of him. European quality of life accelerated quickly once they realized you can kill thugs and behead tyrants.

itt: seething

Typical westaboo commie faggot who hates his own ancestors and goes to antifa marches full of Koreans to virtue-signal how much he hates Japan and JSDF. I take it that he literally doesn't mind getting punched in the face as long it's an oppressed muh-nority.

what a cuck

>this self hate crap is finally infecting Japan too
It was nice while it lasted

yeah france sure became a great place after they got rid of their tyrant king and set a perfect society based off of the common man's wishes

It truly is Bugmen Soiga. Hollywood adaptation soon.

Attached: It was like he was looking at walking garbage.jpg (210x240, 19K)

and then the the followers of a certain religion come with their oh so enlightened cultural beliefs
encouraged by the spineless

Also what LOGH is about

This is the one I really don't get, why does he find it so hard to believe that a woman wanted to move up in the world or just actively participate in the established cultural norms? Why is he assuming that she had to be a victim of "society"?

throughout all his years as a mercenary Thorfinn was never seen to take part in the raping and pillaging. does this mean he's a virgin?

This is the kind of soilord who creamed his pants when a pistol emoji got switched to a toy water gun.

Yes. The author wouldn't let Thorfinn have sex unless he fills out a consent form following a formal request.

I'm glad I never felt like reading this crap before.

Hunterchads win again

Attached: 1559244515484.png (1912x1072, 1.72M)

The woman better fill a consent form, too,complete with witnesses, unless Thorfinn wants to be accused of rape ten years later.

Not that I'm trying to justify rape, but considering the life expectancy of those times, did people really have the luxury to wait until they turned 18 or 21?

Boy if this triggers you so much, you'll have a stroke when you read his previous work.

Edgetards beat the fuck out

Have you forgotten what the tomboy had to teach him?

t. cringeland saga cuck brigade

Is he completely serious?

Japs are spineless faggots. More news at 11.

The content of Vinland Saga makes it pretty obvious he is. Yea Forums just isn't smart enough to have noticed before seeing it spelled this out this directly

this is a country where servile grovelling is the deepest form of sincerity.

Yeah they are very easy to influence but they hate foreigners which is why they arent full on SJW yet, but they will get there soon enough

Do you see a hint an irony in his words?

Yet they were pretty resistant towards the SJW faggots in the West before? What happened now? How did they get infected?

Is he implying whamen can't be a powerful warriors without man forcing them? Oopse, not progressive enough.

so wait a minute the author talks about shit that was obvious to everyone and just give them new labels and acts this is new knowledge?
Does this guy not realize this is something that is in everyones culture and I am sure him standing for his convictions will slink away when challenged? I know Might makes Right isnt the way to go, but I will me damned taking a moral history lesson from someone who makes a fictional comic.

The only overstep of his.

This is not really anything new
Japan has disliked traditional masculinity and has put women on a huge pedestal for many decades now

this reminds me so much of saki's short story 'the toys of peace'

It's a universal phenomena that the entertainment industry is infested with mattoids ranging from sexual deviants to progressive bleeding-heart liberal types while they are usually just a loudmouthed minority in the society as a whole.

Stop repeating 18th century propaganda. By archeological evidence we now know the average (i.e. commoner) European of the high middle ages was taller, cleaner, healthier, and lived longer than any of his average descendants prior to the mid nineteenth century. Hell, odds are that if you put a random 13th century peasant next to a random 18th century philosopher writing about the backwards middle ages, the former will be taller, cleaner, and has a higher life expectancy.

Is that why you have to ruin every VS thread?

4th wave feminists would want to have a word with him about patriarchal paternalising

might makes right because might is the only way to make i right.

Ancient people knew it too, after all we're all weak when we're born, even becoming strong is something that's out of your own hands for years. Even ancient societies had a lot of laws and customs to mitigate might makes right, because it's impossible to have any kind of advanced society if everybody is too busy protecting their own turf to farm the land, build stuff and trade. Of course there was still a lot of violence, but even the historical vikings weren't mindlessly brutal, needless violence can be very inconvenient in the end.

Does this man think japan is just magically peaceful I hope he knows why he isn't speaking chinese right now

I wonder why a guy that thinks like that decided to write a comic about the guys that had a heaven for people that died in battle.

>Might makes Right isnt the way to go
United States didn't seize the global hegemony out of sheer goodness of their politicians' hearts. Great powers come and go, but people are still being fed a convenient lie manufactured by the winners in the race for economic, cultural and military dominance; now that they are on top they will serve as the impartial arbiter and keeper of peace for the benefit of all, etc.

>I hope he knows why he isn't speaking chinese right now
Because they never bothered to conquer that tiny island?

>this is why japs were enslaved rice farmers and fishermen tyrannized by sword-carrying samurai who could cut them down in the road for century after century.
European Middle Ages were more or less the same, and not even a century ago they still had lots of tyrants going around. They basically coded the way to be a modern tyrant.

Why does VS only get shitty bait threads like this, and why do people keep bumping them?

Attached: 1537986090794.png (400x500, 183K)

Vikings philosophy is pretty much antithetical to what his spooked self believes in, so he has a hate-boner for them.

Because during those times the only way to move up for a woman is to become a viking and participate in the violence. There's no other way for a woman to become respected, hence victim of society.

Is that what your history teachers tell you in china you chink lmao? Japan raped the shit out of china many, many times. China historically as a country is one of the most invaded and has the one of if not the most losing records in battles.

the mongols tried

>Shitland Saga
>good
Pick one
>There's no other way for a woman to become respected
How about having kids

This sounds straight out of feminist propaganda. The idea that women were silent sufferers until the 21st century is ridiculous. Everyone had their fair share of problems in the past, and that goes for both men and women.

Can you not read? I said nothing about VS being good or bad.

Where is Hox when you need him?

Attached: headera.png (850x170, 37K)

Both nips and bongs got saved by the weather. Why are island nations so lucky?

What would a university professor say instead of some illustrator from the far east?

Based. Picked up.

They only fought China when it was at its lowest.

probably more exposed to this crap because he's writing a western focused.

they would now they're constantly butting heads with japan over individual islands what stoping china from just steamrolling over japan some magical pace force field?

Might makes right is unavoidable to a certain degree, after all if two differing points of view collide, there will be conflict, but it's also not the way to build the world. If we all just took a weapon and beat anyone that we dislike, we wouldn't have ever gotten out of the stone age.

Back to /pol/, incels

He vanished when we needed him the most.

Always thought this shit was biased by the modern pacifist non-aggression crap Nip herbivore men follow like a bible, but VS turned out to be worse than I thought.

Seethe cope dial 8

it seems like theres only one type of person seething in this thread

>reading virginland soi

>it seems like theres only one type of person seething in this thread

Attached: 1559398190016.png (1268x788, 1.05M)

Imagine getting that mad over the politics of some mediocre mangaka.

Viking women had it pretty better than in other European societies. While there probably wasn't a Viking queen, they could own land and properties, and some of them were explorers, which makes sense considering that, if you're going to found a colony, you need children, but it meant that they sailed ships too.

Imagine trying to shut down discussion because you're personally not comfortable with it.

This dude has the mentality of one of those peaceful MCs at the beginning of a shounen anime

>but it meant that they sailed ships too.
But women in ships bring bad luck!

>""""discussion""""
>REEEEEEEEEE WOMEN
>G-GO BACK TO KITCHEN ;_;

>Tfw you've lived long enough to see Yea Forums be populated by /pol/zoomers who don't even know who Yukimura is nor have ever read Planetes
Im too old for this shit.

hahaha shut up cunt go suck on a dick

Go scrape that sand out of your ass achmed

No wonder the author turned Vinland Saga into a Christain cuck work.

You will very soon have no rights
Women will be cattle again

Japan is doomed. Just wait 5 years and this will be the norm.

Why can't we have a normal Vinland Saga thread at least once

A killer asteroid can't come soon enough

Holy shit I was right, the biggest shitposters here really are sandniggers
I just took a guess because you type like a sexless manlet and that's literally what your whole religion is about, obsessing about pussy that you'll never get LMAO

Attached: 1520595578287.png (225x225, 80K)

If you browse /pol/, this this is the type of quality """"discussion"""" that convince people to be racists/incels.

Im not a sandnigger but I wish I was.

Fuck you, that's why

it was pretty clear since DAD was the role model and farmland is beloved by cucks

How can anyone be lower than a sandnigger
Even niggers don't want a part in that shit unless it's some boko haram shit
Are you boko haram? How's internet there in Congo?

Attached: 1516580441913.png (700x700, 432K)

I stopped reading it when it became farmland saga and now I know why it went downhill.

Why does it matter? Im probably whiter than you.
But muslims know how to treat women, they dont deserve rights

yeah, my culture from 1000 years in the future and in a time of absolute peace is surely superior to those dumb and poor warrior that had to cross the fucking ocean on wooden ships, how dare they have this toxic masculine idea that keeps them alive. They should totally put some flowers in their axes

Attached: 1498782736806.png (1047x1067, 499K)

Attached: 1564926262176.png (670x670, 32K)

Rright, everyone who doesn't suck your mentally ill SJW's dicks must be a sandnigger. Imagine being an amerimutt tranny projecting this hard.

Nah, whites can actually get pussy so they don't develop mental illness like Islam that easily. I bet you're a t*rk at best and just convince yourself that you're white so you don't cry your incel ass to sleep every night

cope and dilate

>i don't treat women like cattle so i'm a tranny
don't cut yourself on that edge sweetie

>wojak posting
great discussion

He has the mentality of a very sheltered teenager I don't think he understands what absolute peace requires.

The sooner this thread gets nuked the better
check my digits btw

Farmland wasn't that bad but after that arc it gets really bad. Askeladd was just a more interesting character than Thorfinn will ever be.

Sorry, but that doesn't apply to you, because you will never be a real woman, tranny. You can stop posting right now.
>treat women like cattle
That's the only way vaginiggers should be treated, because they are nothing more but children-making machines. Leave running civilisation to men.

weak digits

noooooooo you can't just do and treat women like shit

Attached: 1535939988747.png (667x770, 85K)

No wonder the last arc has been shit and the MC turned to absolute garbage.

Based

The pacifist route was set up since the beginning when you look at Thors

>Pride above all
in some cases but it wasn't about pride so much as honouring your ancestors and building on their achievements, and it's not like that 'pride' didn't come with responsibility. If you failed in any way your name lost credibility and you would literally damn your ancestors to Hel.

Too bad

>Japan unified straight out of century long civil war with battle hardened troops and tech advantage can't take on wimpy Korea and declining Ming
>Island nation gets dunked on by a peninsular wimp nation

No wonder why this turned into Farmland Saga but this actually sucks as an agricultural manga

>How about having kids
I'm very sure a woman having kids doesn't stop any Viking to raid her home, rape her and then sell her as slave. Arnheid from Ketil's Farm is the exact example of this.

Doesn't really change the fact any women living in the era have a high probability of being raped and not respected at all by society. They don't have any titles and position of power during that time.

He is a toady wimp giving up on the fight before it even started. I guess it explains why there are so much characters in anime that just silently suck up verbal abuse without uttering a word.

Yeah, he says this same thing in one of his volumes as well.

>They don't have any position of power during that time.
They tipically were the ones in charge of the household.

Spooked moraltard

Attached: 1560579543674.jpg (613x771, 49K)

the more time i spend here the more i realise that 90% of you are fucking stupid and have no taste

I know but I assumed he would only become a pacifist once he got to vinland.

when you take a look at what Thors did he basically exiled his entire family, disgraced his father in law by taking his daughter away in shame when giving Thors her hand in marriage was a supremely generous act of trust in him and in a sense took away any esteem his children might have had.

Post your top anime picks

>only become a pacifist once he got to vinland.
>finally becomes a pacifist after hundreds of chapters
>gets BTFO by natives
That would be a kino end.

The pedoera infestation is disgusting.
Can you fags come up with an argument that doesn't boil down to "muh dik"?

Attached: 1559548048115.jpg (396x382, 88K)

You're slow

Trannies out of woodwork

>ranting about pedos on Yea Forums
hownew.ru

That study was controversial, they wanted the body to be female from the start because they were feminist's. There is a video explaining all of it by a normal person but I can't find it.

>being this new
The point is that leftist never stop crying about pedophiles and accuse anyone they don't like whiles they themselves are pedophiles.

what a fucking idiot.

This. Epstein's """"suicide"""" was an inside job to bury the evidence.

Wow you're a real sherlock holmes, user-kun.

Holy shit he's like a japanese version of this guy

Attached: 46546464.jpg (768x768, 102K)

Its very clear what you are trying to do.

what a cucked beta this mangaka is. Feels good to be a SnK Chad.

Attached: 1565449625810.jpg (290x246, 32K)

Sounds like the guy who would be welcomed in the Mozilla's diverse developer community.

Attached: r_1815420_E6dh8.jpg (299x222, 33K)

>chad
Reddit is 2 sites down.

Fuck you

diversity and inclusion is kinda the opposite of each other

go back

you go back

>Much virgin much Chad
Fuck off normalfag

>Vinland Saga threads are Yea Forums central

Why do commies hate meritocracy so much? Is it because they are bad at everything that requires an actual skill and talent?

Attached: 1557502175303.png (545x724, 378K)

is this a parody?

Attached: 68a.jpg (400x366, 41K)

how new?

Nope

You need a good dose of GATE to wash that taste.

>facts are edgy

At the end of the day it only matters what Japan thinks. Someone post this on 2ch.

>knowyourmeme file name
Go dilate offsite tranny

>Feels good to be a SNK chad
Damn right it does!

Attached: __wolfgang_krauser_cheng_sinzan_shiranui_mai_terry_bogard_yamada_jubei_and_etc_fatal_fury_2_and_etc_ (1601x2300, 639K)

Alright, why isn’t he right?

Attached: BE42D68A-626E-4069-BB41-6936BF3B472D.jpg (240x320, 20K)

speaking of

Attached: 1567938251071.png (991x216, 90K)

>knowyourmeme file name
You should know.

Well they don't care about feelings, so I don't see why they shouldn't be.

Good thing you didn’t post any facts friend

Is the spamming hunterchad asleep?

Attached: 1343905369585_zpsb45eedd9.png (404x311, 147K)

God I wish I would meet a person like that irl, just to steal their wife/bike/job

This mindset is disgusting me such much.

Who was right?

Attached: 1565391447140.png (1890x1417, 3.02M)

because pacifism is a luxury that only those who are defended by others can have

Still beyond me why VS is target of discord and shonen falseflaggers. The show is niche as fuck

yeah they're terrified of standing on their own legs because they perceive themselves as weak and worthless.

True. Real is edgier than any fiction.

He realized soon after billions of parody were made that it was fucking stupid.

This is nothing new.

This is your brain on utilitarianism.

Vinland Saga will always be superficial moralising westaboo trash centred around boring and repetitive shounen-y action and lame attempts to dwell on some of the worst examples of pseudo-philosophical masturbation done by a mangaka. It comes as no surprise that it's liked by low-brow shounenbabies such as yourself, physically unable to appreciate the scope of GODashi's genius.

Attached: 1438152454929.png (1920x1080, 825K)

Considering Vinland is over 10 years old (holy shit it's been 10+ years). It's been there for a while.

HxH is also filled that crap you stupid fag. Togashi is like typical leftist fag that cries about oppression whiles writing his shota gay fanfic

I know ypure shitposting, but what do you consider good "philosophical" manga.
what about stuff like franken-fan or magi the labyrinth of magic?

>wow it's fucking nothing
/pol/ was a mistake