Hivemind Test

How many of you rewatching Monogatari right now?

Attached: MonogatariSecondSeason.jpg (1280x1920, 328K)

>Yea Forums
>watching anime
some hivemind test that is

Rewatching gatari ain’t worth it.

>redditgatari

>ecchi shit
Never watch it, never will. I don't care.

I'll do it later, I want to clean up my some of my backlog before going full rewatch autist mode

>Watching SHAFT shit in the first place.

Attached: Oh-Wait-Your-Serious-Let-Me-Laugh-Even-Harder-On-Futurama.gif (288x198, 1.45M)

Second season is kino. newfags need to leave.

>kino
So it was reddit. user told me the truth for once.

>haremshit

I was watching parts while moving files around the archive. Have many OPs and EDs on rotation too.

>harem
he doesn't know

Attached: 1564963035394.jpg (569x525, 177K)

Weaker than both Bake and Nise, the series progressively went downhill

I'm pretty much always in the middle of a rewatch.

but owari and zoku are peak monogatari

>nise
>not the weakest season

Monogatari:
>Every character has interesting personal conflicts
>Has distinctive visual style
>Kick-ass soundtrack
>Characters have reasons to fall in love with the MC
>Sophisticated dialogues
>Sexual innuendos for cum-brains
How could anyone not think it’s not only the greatest harem of all times, but one of the greatest animes ever made?

it's amerimutts who go ballistic after seeing bathing loli

patrician? no, monogatari is aristocratic anime. Maybe even the only one out there.

Attached: 1501905994021.jpg (720x404, 45K)

I'm never not rewatching it

Around 10 but since the numerical order actually starts with 0 then it's 9.

>koi
>owari s2

I rewatch bits and pieces every now and then, but I haven't properly rewatched the whole thing since Zoku came out. Maybe next time I'll try watching it chronologically, but I get the feeling that's not as rewarding as it might seem.

>unironically liking kusomonogatari

Attached: 1447339128138.png (354x299, 96K)

I can’t rewatch what I’ve never watched

tree > bat > snail > cat > crab > bird > doll > monkey > bee > spook > snake > math

after i get through this shitload of backlog

Attached: 1567470915422.jpg (600x256, 28K)

I'm reading the LN if it counts, only watched the anime

Go back to rewatching Bunny Girls Senpai, plebs.

Reading the lns and then rewatching the corresponding arcs afterwards

Math is the best girl, always was, always will be.

Attached: owarimonogatari-vol-2-sodachi-riddle-dvd-cd-limited-edition-444325.2[1].jpg (1500x1500, 192K)

Snail = Math > Bat > Bee > Monkey > Doll > Bird > Snake > Spook >>> Cat >>>>> Crab

Attached: IMG_20190904_231010.jpg (1482x2076, 297K)

So many newfags trying to destroy the legacy of this master piece

And it's euripenises that cry when they see someone get hurt

I liked the last episode of Zoku, and I like the Sodachi arcs in theory, that's about it though.

It's a step down from Bake in terms of vision and execution, but it's still a solid and endearing slice-of-life, and the toothbrush scene became a meme for a reason.

People like Koi because they like Kaiki and that's about it. It wastes so much time it's unbelievable.

I don't like Bunny Girl Senpai and I consider Bake to be in my top 5 favourite anime.

looks like I hit the nail on the head

Bake is basically all setup; the meat of the series and its themes comes later. I don't understand how people can honestly think of Bake as the pinnacle when the subsequent arcs strictly improve and expand on the groundwork laid out at that time.

This, when compared to Second Season, Bake feels like Nisio was just throwing ideas randomly and writing shit, which is pretty much what it was. Monogatari only becomes exceptionally good from Second Season onwards.

>People still trying to force the "Redditgahara" and "Redditmonogatari" as a meme.

It's been years guys, it obviously hasn't caught on.

Only brainlet fags hate monogatari

I don't give a shit about reddit one way or the other but Crab is shit and there should be a succinct way of communicating why.

rewatching SS right now
I've been at otori for a couple weeks now but i finally got back to it

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-01-18h28m11s685.jpg (1920x1080, 386K)

I'm basically always rewatching it, just not on any consistent basis. I most recently rewatched Hana and will get to Tsuki when next I feel like it.

>Bake is basically all setup; the meat of the series and its themes comes later.
It isn't; They don't.
Literally the only parts that introduce any themes that weren't in Bake are Nise and Owari, and in both cases they're nowhere near as meaningful. Not that themes are what make a series good in the first place anyway.
>I don't understand how people can honestly think of Bake as the pinnacle when the subsequent arcs strictly improve and expand on the groundwork laid out at that time.
The differences between the direction of Oishi and Itamura are well-documented and I far prefer Oishi's (not to mention that Itamura's got more and more bland over time). The character interactions are at their freshest and most human during Bake, everyone has a complete and satisfying character arc - whether inside or outside their assigned episodes (except for Nadeko, who never gets one unless you think using an unreliable narrator to justify multiple successive spergouts and a total personality inversion is your idea of good writing), everything follows a much clearer logical progression and the pacing is truly perfect.
Also, sakuga fights and episode 12.

Alright, I'm mad.
This is like the exact opposite of the truth, do you honestly see any relevance to the rest of the series in Mayoi Jiangshi for example?
Why do you think 2ch gushed non-stop over Bake but let the later seasons drop off the radar?

>do you honestly see any relevance to the rest of the series in Mayoi Jiangshi for example?
Not sure if you're being serious. They set up Shinobu's character and give you a lot more information on the Shrine, all of which will be extremely important latter on in Shinobu Mail, just to name one thing. The difference between Second Season onwards that makes it good is precisely that it has a well built structure with lots of proper set-ups and payoffs, unlike Bake, Nise and Kizu which are just short stories with no real foresight as to where they're supposed to be going. They're all good stories on their own, but they're midgets compared to the scope of what came after.

>They set up Shinobu's character
Literally the entirety of Nise and Kizu already did this. Light infodumping about the specifics of her past is not the same thing.
>give you a lot more information on the Shrine
Nadeko Snake already made the nature and purpose of the shrine clear, whatever additional information you're talking about was probably fairly minor.
>The difference between Second Season onwards that makes it good is precisely that it has a well built structure with lots of proper set-ups and payoffs, unlike Bake, Nise and Kizu which are just short stories with no real foresight as to where they're supposed to be going.
That's exactly what I'm saying is not the case.
In Bake, the event that kickstarts the series is humorously contrived (Senjougahara slips on a banana peel and lands in Araragi's arms, but from there he naturally learns about her weight issue and brings her to Oshino, starting the Hitagi Crab arc. Her developing some fondness for him during that arc is what led to the two of them hanging out, and thus leading into the Mayoi Mai Mai arc, on the tail end of which they form a romantic relationship, which is what causes Kanbaru to take interest and starting Suruga Monkey. Nadeko Snake is triggered by Kanbaru and Araragi going to the shrine to pay Oshino back for his help in Suruga Monkey, and finally Tsubasa Cat is the culmination of all of Araragi's conversations (especially with Hanekawa, obviously) in the prior chapters. Everything follows a proper structure.
Compare with Second Season - Hanekawa sees a spectral tiger -> Tsubasa Tiger | Araragi & Shinobu reverse time for the sake of his summer homework -> Mayoi Jiangshi | Mayoi turned out to be lying about ranking up as a spirit and is actually being hunted by the darkness -> Shinobu Time | Nadeko has a breakdown and steals a certain source of power -> Nadeko Medusa -> narrative intermission -> Hitagi enlists Kaiki for help to avoid Araragi's death at Nadeko's hands -> Hitagi End

>watching a bootleg Monogatari