Kiznaiver キズナイーバー

What did Yea Forums think of Kiznaiver?

I reluctantly watched Kiznaiver. Here's my shitty stream-of-consciousness review:

Wow I really hate this art style
Wow I really hate this cinematography
Wow I really hate these character designs
This visual stuff is all subjective so I won't dwell on it much.

I almost didn't give this any chance at all because Trigger.

Forgive me for saying this but the pacing and exposition could best be surmised as 'zoomer-tier'. In all seriousness, I feel like this was made for someone about 14 years old.
Wow I hate this direction

Why am I still watching?
I like the premise and thinks it's promising.
Some of these characters seem interesting.

Let's see how it goes.

Yep, this literally feels like a Pixar movie.
Maybe the writing will have some artistic value…

None of these characters are particularly likable.
I'm finding it difficult to envisage a scenario where these characters are used to construct a compelling story. These characters have personalities that are unpleasantly exaggerated. They would be suitable for a comedy sketch, not a serious drama.

The animation itself is 'high quality' but I hate how these wacky jump cuts are constantly used. Like I feel dizzy just watching this. The animation itself is fluid but the cinematography ruins it, IMO.

I'm detecting a lot of ship-baiting. This is actually fine with me because I'm trash and can shamelessly enjoy shipping as cheap entertainment.

I'm liking Maki's backstory. Took them bloody long enough to get to this.
If they took Maki's backstory and turned it into a full cour anime with a quarter of the budget of this, it would be better and would have more artistic value.

[continued ITT]

Attached: 499672.jpg (1920x1200, 372K)

Liked, commented, subscribed, clicked the notification bell

It seems like people who watched this can be divided according to who did and did not like the forced shipping. My rebuttal to those who disliked it is "what else could have possibly been done with these shitty characters?" The anime is already bad regardless of whether shipping occurs or not. Removing the ships is like rearranging the cutlery on the fucking Titanic as it descends to the bottom of the ocean. If not ships, then what? What else is there with this awful cast? The problem is the characters themselves and shipping is just a band-aid on awful writing.

Everything about this anime is so ham-fisted. I'd liken it to building hobby models with mittens on.

This anime would benefit significantly from better foreshadowing.
Nico's voice actor is talented.

Watching this is reminding me of why I hate watching movies, generally speaking. They try to cram as much garbage as possible into a tiny period of time, all the while pacing it way too quickly and catering to people with an extremely short attention span. This is literally just a Pixar film masquerading as an anime.

A grown adult is not the target audience for this.
>but that's all ani-
No, there's a difference. This anime is designed specifically for a teenager's brain.

What a waste of a good premise.

The OST for this is supposed to be good but I'm not observing that. Maybe you could respond with your favourite tracks in the OST? The OP song is okay. Musically it is simple, but still it's pretty catchy.

The only decent attribute this anime has is the animation quality. Pretty much every single artistic choice possible was made poorly, in my opinion. Still, this might be one of the most well-animated works of 2016, I'll admit. The only competition I can think of is Sansha Sanyou. I'm probably overlooking something from that year though.

>I feel like this was made for someone about 14 years old
Well, you know, it probably was.

Overall 4/10. you_tried_sticker.png
There was serious potential here but so many poor choices were made along the way. But hey, despite all my complaints, I still didn't drop the damn thing. So take from that what you will. On the other hand, the only reason I'll be watching anything from Trigger from here onwards is out of morbid curiosity. In fact, Trigger should probably just upload all their work directly to Liveleak from now on.

A couple other things:
I want Chidori to sit on my face.
Nico is literally me.

fair

The best thing about it was the OP. Rip in peace Michiyuki

>itai

>Wow I really hate this art style
>Wow I really hate this cinematography
>Wow I really hate these character designs
Cringe.

tl;dr

The premise was shit so i dropped it. End of review.

sounds like a you problem

Kill yourself

Attached: 1555459616949.png (800x1130, 249K)

>watching it just now
>asking what Yea Forums thinks about it
>blogging
Are you new to anime and Yea Forums?

The only good thing about this anime was that Luluco cameo at the end

wtf is he okay?

I have no recollection of this

please respond

Chidori singlehandedly ruined it. God what an absolute bitch

she served a purpose.

Of all things wrong with it, the art style is not one of them.

Attached: B69cULW.jpg (1920x1080, 240K)

subjective.

Please fuck off and never come back to this board, OP.

Explain please

Lurk at least two years before posting. Meanwhile, do fuck off.

Attached: casual.png (259x288, 11K)

Wow nobody cares

>I feel like this was made for someone about 14 years old.

anime made for teenagers? THE HELL YOU SAY!

Attached: 56647950_p0.jpg (800x914, 735K)

It was Mari Okada and she can’t write a decent story with realistic characters to save her life.

No one cares about your stream-of-consciousness, learn how to summarize your points.

learn how to sage

sorry, I expected to drop it

>Wow I really hate these character designs
These are not figuratively but literally the best thing kiznaiver does
The whole show was a muscle flex so trigger could show off how much light/shadow and detail they could put in an animated TV show
It's why the characters are so detailed, why you get some crazy shadow and light casting and the whole way it was shot
It was just to show off they could keep a decent animation even though it is filled with details

Yes and it was a colossal waste of resources

Nah

>Cringe.
cringe

Every character was insufferable. The "plot" seemed completely retarded.

Dropped it at episode 3 or thereabouts.

I fucking hate you and i hope you suffer a lot in the near future.

You guys said I can come back to Yea Forums after summer and all the kids would be gone, why the hell are we getting blogs almost halfway into september?

It was an advertisement to show off their studio
and it did work out, they got funding for promare out of it

It was OK.
OP is a fag

Attached: __agata_katsuhira_and_sonozaki_noriko_kiznaiver_trigger_company_and_uchuu_patrol_luluco_drawn_by_mag (980x822, 394K)

Who told you that? Don't come back, we don't want you here

relatable mc.
what seemed to be a shoehorned character turned out to be best bro.
'bro' char is actually a cunt.
glasses/two face-kun a cute couple.
last arc is low iq.

I did drop it but I don't remember why. I think around the episode with the pain fetishist but I don't think that was the reason.

I couldn't make it past the first episode, the thing felt like it was made exclusively for teenagers. The fact that it aired alongside Luluco, a Trigger joke show that turned out to be one of the most endearing things they've ever done, made it look even worse.

Attached: 1461365608246.png (423x384, 315K)

He died. Lay Your Hands On Me was the last thing he recorded.

LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME

My SO was completely in love with his show. I think he connected with the MC on a deep level because he has troubles connecting with others. He's there, is very outgoing, but has genuine empathy troubles with real humans. His emotions aren't there even though he pretends they are, as well as the whole "oh I didn't realize you were there and I've been neglecting you." Thing.

I identified with the redhead girl more, so I do feel like she got the no resolution. I didn't really like the ending. People who have empathy troubles aren't magically cured. I wis it went a different route.

I would buy the artbook without a second thought is trigger would only release it.

Are you on drugs, OP? The cinematography and direction were one of the only things it had going for it.

>I want Chidori to sit on my face.
Nevermind, you just have shit taste. Imagine going in and coming out liking the indisputable worst girl.

>What did Yea Forums think of Kiznaiver?
Fucking terrible.

>This visual stuff is all subjective so I won't dwell on it much.
Only as subjective as writing is.

Nice blog OP. Also try watching Phantom World, it's slightly better.