Which jojo death hit you the hardest?

Which jojo death hit you the hardest?

>he was just a fucking kid

Attached: Unit_Narancia_Ghirga_(You_are_there!).png (720x800, 122K)

Jonathan

you fucking posted it. Worst was we got to see abbacchio in heaven with his police partner after passing on a clue that helps them win in the end. Narancia just gets forked with nothing but Giorno's "nope he's dead I checked" to send him off

FF

Not even limited to Part 5, he was the first Jojo companion to achieve nothing while dying.

Damn I didn’t knew XV was so shitty

>JOJO, THIS IS MY LAST HAMON

Attached: E2C10C5C-4DFA-419C-8DDC-70202A9901D5.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Had me teared up for over a week.

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 12K)

Why it looked like Jolyne didn’t really cared that much FF death? She never talk about him/her after that. Not even “I can’t believe FF died” or something like that

see

Wasn't he older than Giorno?

Literally none of them because you can see the deaths coming from a fucking mile away.
Araki is a complete hack

There wasnt really a JoJo death that really got to me, but the fact that Hayato knows he will never see his father again still messes with me. He doesnt even know what happened to him and his mother is stuck waiting for him to come home.

He did nothing wrong

Attached: 1543900126999.png (489x751, 747K)

didn't he beat up a hapless civilian?

Yeah but he draws well so I forgive him

Nigga he’s from a mafia, the fuck you expected

Attached: 5A9E4A21-20B4-4C00-9688-5B29084EB78B.jpg (712x822, 253K)

That's impossible, because Araki doesn't plan who dies in advance. He wrote about this in his book.
The whole "all zepellis die" thing, for example, is a meme. Which is why Gyro's like "so it turned out like this, huh? Meh, I guess that's okay" when he dies. It's Araki speaking through him.
Araki writes himself into corners on purpose. Sometimes, he needs an asspull to save the person. Sometimes, he comes up with a really convoluted but possible way of saving the character. And sometimes he's unwilling to do the first and unable to think of the second, so boom, the character dies.

>>he was just a fucking kid
Didn't he also have the highest kill count of the good guys in Vento Aureo

Caesar. Because it was so over the top, holy shit.
Also Narancia, because his death was more worthless than Shigechi's

Am I the only one who thinks Funny Valentine is the worst Jojo villain?
Anytime people talk about him it's always "muh motives" but no one reads Jojo for that shit

I legit felt goosebumps and its been like 2 years since the last time i even saw the scene dubbed, subbed or manga

>deaths that you see coming dont hit hard
Is this peak Yea Forums retardation? Next your going to say a series quality is contingent upon its popularity.

It was the fact that he represented a kind of evil that's hard to rebuke, despite its obviously being very wrong. With the morally ambiguous johnny, it made for an interesting contrast.

Series quality is contingent upon its popu---NANI

A series quality is contingent upon its popularity.
N-NANIII

Attached: 0843F937-0617-480F-8F57-BF67E4C88823.png (895x741, 736K)

They don't hit hard because none of his characters have any development whatsoever, all we get with 90% of them is them repeating the same shit over and over until they bite it

He killed Gyro.

>My friend's been the same since I met him, so I didn't cry at his funeral
wat

He tried to tap jailb8 ass
You'd thing the president'd be smart enough not to bait the other feds like this

>Growing up with someone and watching them subtly change over the years and sharing experiences is the same as a drawn character getting his only character development past "I BAD AT MATH" a chapter before he dies when they did absolutely nothing of note be it in fights or characterization in the entire manga
Holy fuck, you are stupid

Attached: 1567480208634.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Caesar started to respect Jojo after the Wamuu foght
Kaykoyin finally have friend which could comprend him due to having stands and also could finally have the balls to try to fight DIO
Iggy didn’t cared about the group at first but he later started to feel like a bizarre friendship with Polnareff
FF finally started to use his intelect and be more than a bodyguard for the discs
And now I realize no one in Part 5 have a development arc

I was implying it was a friend you met in adult life who didn't change much but who you really liked, not a childhood friend.

Although that being said, I'm not defending being sad at Narancia's death, specifically. He was kinda meh.
He did have a backstory, though. Did it not make it into the anime?

That's still not even a fucking argument
>Going out, doing things, and bonding with someone while learning more and more about them is the same as them being a cardboard cutout with zero deviations from their initial personality until they get hit by a car

Seemed like disbelief. Like how can you just die on me halfway through the part nigga. In all seriousness after that encounter with the punishment ward and that encounter with Pucci, Jolyne becomes fully committed to stopping Pucci and immediately breaks out of prison. There’s also the time she threw herself down a flight of stairs while almost dead to try and save FF during the kenzo fight so you know they were really close.

Having a backstory doesn't automatically translate to character development if they don't do anything with it.

Yeah but I expected some tears coming from her. She didn’t even cried when his father got sliced

Yep. Still a kid I think

That could be a legit criticize with any Jojo character except fucking Narancia. He joined the group after the betrayal because he realized Trish is like him

Even Fugo was younger. But Narancia was more childish/retarded

I was talking about the part where referred to "bad at math" as if that was his only known psychological trait, not character development.
It is an argument; you just made a different counterargument in turn.
You initially were saying "he didn't develop enough over the course of the story!", to which I said "A person can not change much while you know him and you can still like them", to which you essentially just replied "that's true, but we also don't have any reason to feel attached to Narancia because the scant details they revealed weren't enough to make him feel like a good friend, or even a friend".
Stop being so explosive and actually internalize what's being said.

>to which you essentially just replied "that's true, but we also don't have any reason to feel attached to Narancia because the scant details they revealed weren't enough to make him feel like a good friend, or even a friend".
I didn't say anywhere what you said was true or even imply it, I don't know what you are even getting at.
We don't know Narancia as a friend, we don't know his internal workings like we would know a friend, all we know is his surface level personality.
Have you even actually had a friend?

>Nigga he’s from a mafia, the fuck you expected
You could say that to the people who were sad about his death

Uh, yeah, I agree. That's what I said in the passage you're quoting.
Again, internalize what's being said.

Nah she knew she was about to sacrifice herself too. At this point Jolyne was mentally strong, not like the little girl at the start of the series. Seeing her go from a whiny girl with daddy issues to someone so selfless and noble is why she’s my favourite jojo after joseph

Maybe you should internalize what I'm saying about real friends first there, boss, because you are completely ignoring it.
Friends develop, Araki characters don't, that's why you have bonds with people, I don't like or bond with Araki characters because they are cardboard cutouts.
It's outright bad writing to bank on your readers clinging to a character just because they like his one note personality, instead of actually writing something with more depth than a puddle.

Hey im the user you replied to. And i actually kind of agree with this thank you for expanding on that other post. But while i do think this is a problem with a lot of the characters its not all of them.

>Friends develop, Araki characters don't, that's why you have bonds with people
That's not necessarily true. You can be friends with a static person for a year or two and be sad when you find out you died.
And you seem to be confusing two separate arguments you've made. The first is that you only like firends because they develop, the second is that you need to know someone well to be a close friend. I'm only disagreeing with the former; I agree with the latter.
And "bad writing" just means writing that doesn't connect with readers while also not serving a greater narrative, philisophical or moral purpose. If it accomplishes one of these things, the writings at least partially successful.
If I wrote the adventures of fartman, and it was exactly what it sounded like with no other positive traits, and people liked it, then it wasn't really bad writing. Easy, pandering and retarded, sure, but not bad.

For me though, a big part of Jojo villains is that they generally have a "horror" aspect to them; Dio/DIO being a classic vampire as well as a curse that haunts your family, Kars is a superior, unkillable "alien" lifeform, Kira is a serial killer, Diavolo is a psychopath
All these characters tend to be "scary", not just in aesthetic but also their role in the story, them being "cartoon monsters" was also part of the appeal and Funny Valentine was just kinda dull to me
And D4C is such a bizarre Stand that also had to be nerfed halfway through the story

>be sad when you find out you died.
*they died

I can definitely see that. I am glad Araki's trying to branch out, though. It'd be interesting to see Jojo's Completely Grounded Albeit Philosophically Convoluted Adventures some day.

he was 17 years old

For the record abandoning thread because bedtime, but I'll reply tomorrow if the thread's still up.

Oops, didn't mean to reply to

Kakyoin had the same age.

He joined a fucking gang. He wasn't just any kid.

fucking weird

I appreciate the joke user

Just got it, nice

>8’years since I read part 5
>still have no idea how Narancia was killed

If King Crimson can indeed interact with people during the time skip, they should have at least heard Narancia get picked up by KC and turned in that direction. And the should have been able to hear KC break the bars whenever he did it.

Honestly, Diego's
But the most emotional moment was either polnareff's "death", yasuho's attempted suicide, or Johnny talking about wanting to get back to zero

>>he was just a fucking kid
He was a gangster that killed and tortured a bunch of people.

Absolutely gay post.

>his death motivated Joseph
>the ring got Joseph the warhammer, which he used to avoid being ran over by the vampire horses
>Joseph used his bandana to blow up Wham
Way more useful than Narancia's death.

I don't feel like anything got me that much in Jojo maybe Naracia only because they showed Fugo during it

Has there been a time when the villain's stand didn't get nerfed or had to be bullshitted into a position where they were going to lose?

It's not my fault he chose the absolute worst job for a hebephile on the planet, or that he managed to choose that job in infinite parallel realities.
Although that does beg the question if in some universes his rape was a success and lucy bore his fat patriotic spawn

I was legit devastated for like a week and wondered what the point of anything was how could he hurt my babyboy araki please just let one of thewm live rthgybytht

Attached: 1459379271219.jpg (418x437, 38K)

Abbacchio

Loved the bit of development he got with leaving a message only Giorno could understand as well

Attached: hair.webm (640x360, 2.93M)